User Reviews for Perphenazine

Bipolar Disorder
6.2

Summary of Perphenazine reviews 6.3 20 reviews

Reviews for Perphenazine

For Psychosis: "This medication is very good for anxiety. It worked wonders for my anxiety and paranoia. Helps lower the voice in my head telling me people are out to get me. Zyprexa works well too but I have problems with my memory. It’s hard to deal with and I am wondering how I can deal with the anticholinergic effects from these medications. Any suggestions?"

Ivanisgreat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was taking perphenazine for about 20 years. When I first started taking it (4mg) I had good results. I had anger problems that greatly improved. However I switched doctors and my dosage was increased to 40 mg. I started getting uncontrolled eye movements. I was given a medication to counteract it. I was on that dosage for many years spending the majority of my time sleeping. Four years ago I decided to take a part time job and slowly stopped taking it. Since then I have had numerous stomach problems including gastro paresis. I don't think the long term side affects were worth it."

fungus (taken for 10 years or more) September 3, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I just started this medicine again cause I tried to tough it out again with just sleeping pills. I hated seroquel I want to be able to move and not gain so much weight I know now it's impossible. I feel worse or take the consequences. I have bipolar with psychosis PSTD and severe depression disorder with panic attacks, agoraphobia, I act on an impulse it goes - on and on. I'd just like to see if you people had any luck. I'm tired of bad meds. I'm 43 and still praying."

Tracy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: "This really helped my PTSD and major depressive symptoms. Much better than seroquel. Movement side effects when I got up to 12 mg a day. Lowered my dose back down to 8mg a day and the movement side effects went away."

trrer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 3, 2018

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: "I was put on this drug, erroneously I believe as I was only suffering a major depressive episode, in 1974. From that time until I went through menopause in 1997 (23 years) I had the side effect galactorrhea. I was never pregnant or post breastfeeding during that time and took no other medication with that side effect."

Jonny longlegs (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2017

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: "I had a very bad experience with perphenazine. I ended up with severe joint pain, difficulty breathing, chest pain, weird spinning sensation in my face on the right side of my nostril, on my forehead and on the right side of my temporal area. I had difficulty urinating and horrible insomnia. It has been well over 6 months since taking up to 12 mg for only a few ( about 2--4 days) and I am still having problems. I started on only 4 mg back in Dec 2013 and took the same dosage up to Mar 2014. I stopped because I could barely urinate. Then, I started have weird movement as stated above in my face, but not as bad as the movement when I took 12mg. The, I was told that I needed to start back on this drug for the movement to disappear."

Disappointed badly November 3, 2016

For Psychosis: "Not that bad! Daytime drowsiness."

JabberDHUY99909 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2016

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: "Not bad! I'm taking other meds as well. I recommend everyone gives it a chance before judging to harshly on this site."

GTTDD45634555 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2016

For Psychosis: "It was an OK experience for me! I don't think I hit the full effects of it just yet...but Paxil @40mg seems to work much better for me. Tired of trying meds that don't make me too sleepy as well. Also, my appetite was low so I lost a few extra pounds. If I don't see results in another 4 weeks, I'll ask my doctor to put me on Rexulti."

JabbertheHut888 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "Schizoaffective disorder"

Mom of B February 25, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was very hot-headed with sudden rage or seething anger all of my life until I got on Perphenezine. This is an amazing drug. I NEVER get angry now. I did get angry once at something which I believe is justified, but I didn't feel deep rage inside. It went away. I have been on Perphenizine for a year or so now and I feel like a totally different person. It did take a little while, maybe a few months (I'm not sure) to take effect. I was psychotic when I first began taking it (delusional). It is an amazing drug. Also, I can think more clearly & think "better," which is hard to describe. I can solve problems more easily, analyze situations and it feels as if my "engine turned over" (brain) and I am smarter now, much smarter. Amazing!"

REdson January 17, 2016

For Psychosis: "My son has been hospitalized 4 times in the past 5 years.The doctors have prescribed a myriad of of concoctions over these years. I've seen my son go from a healthy 160 teenager to a 210 lb unhealthy sluggish overmedicated sad shell of a person. When he was introduced to perphenazine he seemed to come back to life. But,unfortunately as soon as we see real results he quits taking the pills and it all starts all over again. How can I get my son to stick to taking his medication?Any suggestions??"

MomV. December 8, 2015

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Helped stop hallucinations."

Juddeedoo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "Have been bi-polar all my life and have major anger issues. Since my doctor put me on perphenazine (4mg daily) my issues have dramatically decreased, but still flare up now and then. The only side effect I found is the lethargy after taking it."

braziej (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2013

For Psychosis: "I have been on Trilafon (perphenazine) for about 4 years. I'm on a low does, 4mg x3 times a day. From what I understand this medicine is a lot more gentle than most medicines that would treat bipolar, schizophrenia, and other forms of psychosis. Its not good for elderly as the higher the dosage you get the more at risk you are for tardiv dyskinesia (or tremors of the face, arms, and hands). I am 28 and this medicine worked when Lexapro, Geodon, Haldol, and risperidone wouldn't. I am given it for Pscyhsis. In addition I am on 40 mg Viibryd and 0.5mg of Klonopin. I would recommend this medicine. "

Eric8428 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "Keeps the crazies at bay (mostly) - the delusions, etc."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was on a very high dose (64mg/day) for two years. At first, it was wonderful. My Dr. told me it was a mood stabilizer, and for me it did just that. For a while. After a few months, I started taking naps in the day - HIGHLY abnormal to me. Then after the naps, I started to go to bed earlier, and earlier. Then one day I realized I was sleeping 17 hours out of the day! Since I followed my Dr's intruction, and we weaned my off, my days are bright again! No naps, chores are getting done, I am not neglecting my hygeine, picking up forgotten hobbies, living, THRIVING! And absolutely no withdrawl. "

Samsquatch February 23, 2012

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Trilafon for 2 years now. Mostly I liked it at first because it brought me back to earth when I was over anxious. I have lowered my dosage since then and I thought it was doing me well, but I have been having neck problems lately and have realized that this is a side effect of Trilafon called extra-pyramidal syndrome that damages my posture area, so no matter how hard I try I can't regain a good posture. "

Anonymous July 26, 2011

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: "I had a similar experience. Tremors in hands (not really noticeable to someone watching unless they were looking for it), but relief from the delusions I was experiencing. My problem has been going on for over 16 years so I anticipate it will not magically disappear (and it didn't) but the clarity of thinking I experience with this medicine really helps me."

Anonymous May 23, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder: "This has been helpful with the anxiety and mood swings. Doesn't seem to have as much as an antidepressant effect as Abilify did for me."

Anonymous April 7, 2011