User Reviews for Perphenazine

Also known as: Trilafon

Learn more about Perphenazine.

Psychosis 4 reviews 18 medications

Bipolar Disorder 8 reviews 33 medications

7.3
Summary of Perphenazine reviews 12 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Perphenazine

For Bipolar Disorder: "Schizoaffective disorder"

Mom of B February 25, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was very hot-headed with sudden rage or seething anger all of my life until I got on Perphenezine. This is an amazing drug. I NEVER get angry now. I did get angry once at something which I believe is justified, but I didn't feel deep rage inside. It went away. I have been on Perphenizine for a year or so now and I feel like a totally different person. It did take a little while, maybe a few months (I'm not sure) to take effect. I was psychotic when I first began taking it (delusional). It is an amazing drug. Also, I can think more clearly & think "better," which is hard to describe. I can solve problems more easily, analyze situations and it feels as if my "engine turned over" (brain) and I am smarter now, much smarter. Amazing!"

REdson January 17, 2016

For Psychosis: "My son has been hospitalized 4 times in the past 5 years.The doctors have prescribed a myriad of of concoctions over these years. I've seen my son go from a healthy 160 teenager to a 210 lb unhealthy sluggish overmedicated sad shell of a person. When he was introduced to perphenazine he seemed to come back to life. But,unfortunately as soon as we see real results he quits taking the pills and it all starts all over again. How can I get my son to stick to taking his medication?Any suggestions??"

MomV. December 8, 2015

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Helped stop hallucinations."

Juddeedoo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "Have been bi-polar all my life and have major anger issues. Since my doctor put me on perphenazine (4mg daily) my issues have dramatically decreased, but still flare up now and then. The only side effect I found is the lethargy after taking it."

braziej (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2013

For Psychosis: "I have been on Trilafon (perphenazine) for about 4 years. I'm on a low does, 4mg x3 times a day. From what I understand this medicine is a lot more gentle than most medicines that would treat bipolar, schizophrenia, and other forms of psychosis. Its not good for elderly as the higher the dosage you get the more at risk you are for tardiv dyskinesia (or tremors of the face, arms, and hands). I am 28 and this medicine worked when Lexapro, Geodon, Haldol, and risperidone wouldn't. I am given it for Pscyhsis. In addition I am on 40 mg Viibryd and 0.5mg of Klonopin. I would recommend this medicine. "

Eric8428 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "Keeps the crazies at bay (mostly) - the delusions, etc."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was on a very high dose (64mg/day) for two years. At first, it was wonderful. My Dr. told me it was a mood stabilizer, and for me it did just that. For a while. After a few months, I started taking naps in the day - HIGHLY abnormal to me. Then after the naps, I started to go to bed earlier, and earlier. Then one day I realized I was sleeping 17 hours out of the day! Since I followed my Dr's intruction, and we weaned my off, my days are bright again! No naps, chores are getting done, I am not neglecting my hygeine, picking up forgotten hobbies, living, THRIVING! And absolutely no withdrawl. "

Samsquatch February 23, 2012

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Trilafon for 2 years now. Mostly I liked it at first because it brought me back to earth when I was over anxious. I have lowered my dosage since then and I thought it was doing me well, but I have been having neck problems lately and have realized that this is a side effect of Trilafon called extra-pyramidal syndrome that damages my posture area, so no matter how hard I try I can't regain a good posture. "

Anonymous July 26, 2011

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: "I had a similar experience. Tremors in hands (not really noticeable to someone watching unless they were looking for it), but relief from the delusions I was experiencing. My problem has been going on for over 16 years so I anticipate it will not magically disappear (and it didn't) but the clarity of thinking I experience with this medicine really helps me."

Anonymous May 23, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder: "This has been helpful with the anxiety and mood swings. Doesn't seem to have as much as an antidepressant effect as Abilify did for me."

Anonymous April 7, 2011

Trilafon (perphenazine) for Psychosis: "Trilafon has been a breath of fresh air. In the past I've tried Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, and Geodon. Since I've been on Trilafon I have not experienced hallucinations or delusions. My only complaint about this medication are the side effects. I was recently hospitalized and this is the medication that they put me on. About 3-4 weeks after introduction to the drug, I have begun to notice the side effects, mainly tremors (hands) and random muscle movements (mostly in the arms and hands)."

ctcub81 September 16, 2009