User Reviews for Perphenazine to treat Bipolar Disorder

Perphenazine has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Bipolar Disorder. 55% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Perphenazine Rating Summary

6.8/10 average rating

Compare all 80 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Perphenazine

REdson January 17, 2016

“I was very hot-headed with sudden rage or seething anger all of my life until I got on Perphenezine. This is an amazing drug. I NEVER get angry now. I did get angry once at something which I believe is justified, but I didn't feel deep rage inside. It went away. I have been on Perphenizine for a year or so now and I feel like a totally different person. It did take a little while, maybe a few months (I'm not sure) to take effect. I was psychotic when I first began taking it (delusional). It is an amazing drug. Also, I can think more clearly & think "better," which is hard to describe. I can solve problems more easily, analyze situations and it feels as if my "engine turned over" (brain) and I am smarter now, much smarter. Amazing!”

Anonymous July 26, 2011

Trilafon (perphenazine): “I have been on Trilafon for 2 years now. Mostly I liked it at first because it brought me back to earth when I was over anxious. I have lowered my dosage since then and I thought it was doing me well, but I have been having neck problems lately and have realized that this is a side effect of Trilafon called extra-pyramidal syndrome that damages my posture area, so no matter how hard I try I can't regain a good posture. ”

braziej · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 25, 2013

“Have been bi-polar all my life and have major anger issues. Since my doctor put me on perphenazine (4mg daily) my issues have dramatically decreased, but still flare up now and then. The only side effect I found is the lethargy after taking it.”

Samsquatch February 23, 2012

“I was on a very high dose (64mg/day) for two years. At first, it was wonderful. My Dr. told me it was a mood stabilizer, and for me it did just that. For a while. After a few months, I started taking naps in the day - HIGHLY abnormal to me. Then after the naps, I started to go to bed earlier, and earlier. Then one day I realized I was sleeping 17 hours out of the day! Since I followed my Dr's intruction, and we weaned my off, my days are bright again! No naps, chores are getting done, I am not neglecting my hygeine, picking up forgotten hobbies, living, THRIVING! And absolutely no withdrawl. ”

Tracy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2018

“I just started this medicine again cause I tried to tough it out again with just sleeping pills. I hated seroquel I want to be able to move and not gain so much weight I know now it's impossible. I feel worse or take the consequences. I have bipolar with psychosis PSTD and severe depression disorder with panic attacks, agoraphobia, I act on an impulse it goes - on and on. I'd just like to see if you people had any luck. I'm tired of bad meds. I'm 43 and still praying.”

fungus · Taken for 10 years or more September 3, 2018

“I was taking perphenazine for about 20 years. When I first started taking it (4mg) I had good results. I had anger problems that greatly improved. However I switched doctors and my dosage was increased to 40 mg. I started getting uncontrolled eye movements. I was given a medication to counteract it. I was on that dosage for many years spending the majority of my time sleeping. Four years ago I decided to take a part time job and slowly stopped taking it. Since then I have had numerous stomach problems including gastro paresis. I don't think the long term side affects were worth it.”

A miracle drug! November 2, 2021

“When Loxapine was discontinued, I was put on perphenazine. I have to say this is a true miracle drug for me. Not only do I have Rapid Cycling Bipolar I, but also Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Panic Disorder. These drug has greatly helped with all three. I have less anxiety and panic attacks, and my manic episodes are better controlled. Of course I still have all these things, and it has gotten worse as I get older, this drug helps. The only thing I have noticed is some sexual side effects if my dose is too high, and a more pronounced occurrence of my tardive dyskinesia, which I unfortunately have some permanently, from taking Haldol for too many years. But there are good meds to control that as well. Try it, if you respond better to older meds, especially if you have anxiety too. You won't be disappointed! I take 8 MG a day. A low dose, I realize, but any higher, and I have the above issues. And I have other drugs to control my illnesses as well.”

Juddeedoo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 24, 2014

Trilafon (perphenazine): “Helped stop hallucinations.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 12, 2012

“Keeps the crazies at bay (mostly) - the delusions, etc.”

Anonymous April 7, 2011

“This has been helpful with the anxiety and mood swings. Doesn't seem to have as much as an antidepressant effect as Abilify did for me.”

Mom of B February 25, 2016

“Schizoaffective disorder”

janedoe · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2021

“This med does wonders for my focus and anxiety. All my anxiety has disappeared. It's made me a little drowsy but I am starting a stimulant med to combat this”

Learn more about Bipolar Disorder