User Reviews for Thorazine to treat Hiccups

Thorazine has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Hiccups. 63% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Thorazine Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Hiccups.

Reviews for Thorazine

Anonymous June 13, 2010

“My husband normally never has the hiccups but on the night of day 3 after having bowel resection surgery from diverticulitis, he was no longer passing gas. Instead he was belching, burping and hiccuping. He would hiccup for hours then stop for a bit and this just kept going on and on increasing the pain of the surgical site and getting no sleep. On the night of day 6,Thorazine was added to his IV and within 10 minutes the hiccups were gone and he was finally sleeping comfortably.”

Nick (Wiltshire - UK) · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2013

“I had hiccups for 48 hours continuously and was hiccupping about 15000 times a day. I went to my GP and was prescribed Chlorpromazine. I was reluctant to try it at first because of the side effects but it did work after being on a 25mg dose three times a day after 72 hours. It does take a while to kick in and have an effect but it did work. Make sure you come off them slowly and gradually otherwise it makes you feel nauseous and sick. Your urine may also be a lot darker in colour and smell differently.”

VaBeachBeez January 19, 2013

“I write this to help others. I actually had the hiccups for eight straight days...yes 8! I couldn't eat without hiccuping, and sleep with out hiccuping. I had no health insurance, which is why I waited so long before seeking professional medical advice/treatment. On that eighth day I went to a "Doc-in-a-Box", and the Doctor prescribed "Thorazine", only ten! Within 30 minutes of taking the first one, the hiccups were gone! I had nine more pills (low dosage) left. Each time I took one, it was like I was the "King of the world'! I had a constant smile on my face and wanted to hug everyone, but I could still MAINTAIN. ”

Txktony · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2017

“I occasionally get severe hiccups that only last 24 to 36 hours but when I get them I gasp for air I have 30 and 40 hiccups at the same time and Rapid concession and I'm fighting to breathe and then I'll throw up, mostly stomach bile. I'm in the hospital recovering from a surgery on my leg and I got the hiccups earlier this afternoon and I took a muscle relaxer and it didn't do anything the doctor prescribed me some Thorazine which I have never had and within 10 minutes of the injection in my arm my hiccups are completely gone I am a True Believer”

Jbiznizal4874 · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2017

“I had Chronic Hiccups for 4 days I went to the emergency room, they gave me a choice of Valium or Thorazine. I went with the Valium, the Valium did nothing. I then continued to Hiccups two more days. I then went back to the ER and took the Thorazine. Hiccups gone in 15 minutes. This is the drug to get rid of hiccups for sure!!!!”

Anonymous October 21, 2012

“Dad was hiccuping badly for two days straight - nothing was working and attempting to get water or fluids down didn't work. Hiccups got worse and he began to vomit when we saw blood we took him to emergency room - they brought Thorazine and within 10-20 minutes he stopped hiccuping... he had one short flare up while moving around but after 20-30minutes it went away and he was sleeping. Hopefully this does the trick and keeps him from hiccuping - but for sure it's a good emergency medicine to stop painful and persistent hiccups.”

jerrystr · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2016

“I was prescribed this after an operation where the anesthesia induced severe hiccupping for about 6 hours. Took one tablet and 20 minutes later no hiccups. When I went to the Philippines I got hiccups again and went to a drug store (no prescription needed), got the lowest dosage (5 mg I think) and my hiccups were gone in 15 minutes.”

oneand0 · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2017

“I just had my third bout of persistent hiccups in my life. The first two times I passed on using this drug nearly 9 and 12 years ago. They eventually went away on their own, but this time it was 6 days straight with a hiccup on every inhale and one for exhale, followed by some clusters put together. I took my first dose at bedtime and hiccuped to sleep, and the following morning my hiccups were almost gone. Three more doses that day and all I had were small hiccups once every two hours. Day three all gone. No side effects, thank God! I will take it again if I am ever in the same spot.”

Dummy · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2018

“Not only did Thorazine not get rid of hiccups it turned my husband into a zombie! He pulled out his Nguyen tube and catheter. It’s a mind altering drug they give to mentally ill patients and prisoners to subdue them. Just not worth the additional risk.”

Fencer · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2017

“I was given a large dose of dexamethasone to reduce swelling after total shoulder replacement, and began to hiccup. After 48 hours I was exhausted and sore from hiccups, my doctor gave me a dose of thorazine. It knocked me out and the hiccups stopped and did not return.”

Kmj2502 · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2017

“My eleven year old daughter gets sever hiccups as a side effect from chemotherapy. Although the last thing she needs is another drug in her body we turned to this after traditional tricks stopped working.”

Wags August 24, 2021

“My daughter had the hiccups for almost 3 weeks. Tried all the various meds that did nothing but make her tired and sick. Acupuncture stopped them immediately. Please stopping listening to the doctors they want the money. She is hiccup free for almost 24 hours!”

tjssss July 14, 2013

“I get severe hiccups. This works!”

Manfred H September 14, 2016

“Tried every common remedy known to man after surgery but nothing worked. Thorazine did the trick in 15 minutes!”

Nnnhfxvcfggcc August 28, 2017

“I had the worst experience with it. It increased my heart rate to 226 beats a minute. I literally thought I was dying.”

Jwi · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2018

“Went to ER with hiccups for 4 days... Was prescribed 10mg thorazine ... It did not do anything for me.”

Tjf October 15, 2015

“I have been fighting hiccups off and on for weeks. Was prescribed Thorazine, have been somewhat reluctant to take it 3”

Learn more about Hiccups