User Reviews for Cariprazine systemic

Bipolar Disorder
6.3

Summary of Cariprazine reviews 6.4 167 reviews

Reviews for Cariprazine

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "A miracle drug for my depression but I did have to go through 2 to 3 weeks of restlessness and insomnia for me when I first start taking it."

CrazyMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed with bipolar 1 many years ago but have only really started taking meds and managing it. I've been on lamictal 150mg twice a day and clonopine 1mg as needed. In the last month I started having more anxiety and the lamictal just didn't seem as effective anymore. My doc started me on the Vraylar 1.5mg 10 days ago and I'm most definitely worse with it. I'm more agitated, emotional, shaky, can't sleep even with sleeping meds. My paranoia has significantly increased. I I don't recommend this med at all."

Less stable (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've had severe depression alongside bipolar. I've been on Vraylar about 3 months. My depression lessened significantly. Recently, I've been restless and dealing with insomnia (even with sleeping medicine), and I have constant anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I have also gotten agitated, and it feels like it's almost pushing me into a manic episode. It's very scary and lonely to be put in this position. These side effects were not discussed at all. I don't suggest this medicine."

Frankie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "In combination with my lamictal, Vraylar works very well for me. I originally was prescribed Vraylar for mood swings, but discovered when I began Lamictal that it was actually helping my social anxiety tremendously. Anyway, after about 9 months of taking Vraylar, I have developed Akathisia. I can’t stop moving the toes in my left foot, and believe me, it’s worse than it sounds. I am totally unaware when I’m doing it, but if I concentrate on it, I can stop. I am getting off of Vraylar immediately. I hope these symptoms don’t persist"

NoBigDeal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on Vraylar for ten weeks starting at 1.5mg and getting up to 4.5mg. Vraylar unfortunately gave me severe insomnia, especially at the higher doses, and it didn’t really help any of my symptoms. I would get extremely anxious at night, the intrusive thoughts/voices never stopped, and my agitation kept building. I went back to Abilify eventually, because the Vraylar also caused a major increase in appetite."

SplinterSpell (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I was taking abilify and it caused uncontrollable gambling. I then switched to Vraylar. It hardly helped the symptoms of schizophrenia and it actually worsened my gambling problems. I started stealing money and it wrecked everything I had. I am now about to start Seroquel and discontinue Vraylar. We will see if the gambling subsides. I was on invega and never have I went as hard at the gambling as had when I was on abilify and then vraylar. The voices remained the same, they actually got a little worse while taking Vraylar by the way."

MillerMillion (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Vraylar all the sudden gave me severe problems with sleep. I already had insomnia, but this was a new low. I feared sleep and went from 6 mg down to 3 mg and now am on A Lot of sleep meds. So vraylar gives me energy, but at what price."

Hil (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I don't like any drug that makes me sleep and doesn't help my symptoms"

Lori November 8, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I feel like my old self! I am doing creative things like bead work and enjoy learning again, like studying Spanish. Getting things done around the house. I have been stable on Geodon for 16 years, but was having dyskenesia My only problem with Vraylar is the horrible insomnia. I am wondering if it will get better. A bit of nausea, but need to eat well is all. Overall I am grateful for it. Latest Review*** I have to go back to Geodon. A bit of anxiety with the Vraylar but wake up with a headache everyday for 2 months."

Moon dust October 30, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "So I shared my story once but I'm back again. I started on 50mg Zoloft and started hearing and seeing things. After weaning off and starting Vraylar, it stopped. For the first month, everything was great. Now, I've gained weight (10ish pounds in a month or 2) and I'm struggling to keep it off. Maybe it's the drug, maybe it's my bad habits. Anyways. Lately I've been having suicidal thoughts and bad anxiety. I'm on 1.5 mg but I'm scared to bump it up. Side effects haven't been too bad other than weight gain. Let's hope for the best."

Lo... again (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve been on vraylar for 2 months it is working well I feel more level and the manic episodes are gone the depression episode pretty well gone. I do have the jerking movement not bad. My sleep is better, I take it at night. The cost is what is the killer. So far I been getting samples. With my Medicare it’s still expensive. I have a lot of the (I don’t wanna’s) before I was go go go. I’m on 1.5mg. May try 1 every other day or have to change because of $$ cost. Over $500 month."

Jen (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I feel like my old self! I am doing creative things like bead work and enjoy learning again, like studying Spanish. Getting things done around the house. I have been stable on Geodon for 16 years, but was having dyskenesia My only problem with Vraylar is the horrible insomnia. I am wondering if it will get better. A bit of nausea, but need to eat well is all. Overall I am grateful for it."

Stardust’s (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I sleep well. I think better. I just can’t believe it’s so expensive I am completely disabled I make $600 a month. I have other meds that I have to have. They run at $200 a month. I have to eat And live. I also have a car which I acquired while I work. Thanks for your time. Please. Help"

Boo October 16, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "Hello to all I have never done comment. But today I want to share my experience with vraylar. I was taking this a year ago, at that time it helped me a little but my normal weight was 140 pounds and after taking the medicine I got to this at 175 pounds. I was very scared and not being mentally well I had to take it. But then I also started getting other side effects my body and my hands began to get wiggle movements which was a very horrible experience. I started reducing my dose down taking it alternate days until I stopped it. I recovered my normal weight 2 months ago. I am fine now and I am not taking more vraylar. I recommend you if you are taking this medicine before leaving the doctor room ask about the side effects. And besides I did not know the side effects of this medicine, if you are going to start taking it for the first time check the side effects of this medicine."

Belleza (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started this drug 4 days ago I feel like I have fell into a tar pit and can barely function, movements are slow and painful as if you have the flu with body aches but no fever. I have vivid dreams and wake up often at night. I have blurred vision at night and a persistence headache. I don’t know if this is the right drug for me but I am not taking any more pills until I speak to my Dr. I was just diagnosed with bipolar depression and this is the first drug we tried I hope their is something that works for me and is not $1260.25 for a months supply I couldn’t believe how expensive this drug is !"

Froggy October 8, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I’m 45 male with bipolar 1, schizophrenia, OCD and ADHD that all been diagnosed since my teens. Every medication you can think of being on in the psychological world I’ve been on including self medicating with alcohol for 20 years on and off. 10 days ago I went off the horrible side effect pill with acceptable results Resperadal and on vraylar for the first time. All I have to say is where has this drug been because it’s changing my life so much it’s scary !!! The best medication hands down in the world for the issues I spoke of in the beginning of this story of mine. My total medication list is vyvanse 70mg Zoloft 100mg Vraylar1.5mg moving to 3mg after 30 days Resperadal puts wieght on you quick and I’ve lost 13 lbs in 10 days on vraylar. It’s absolutely saving my life and only one can hope this miracle drug will correct my brain to the point I’m not medicated as much."

Robbie (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "So, I was on two other antipsychotics before this one. This one is the best out of the three, but I still have issues with side effects. The most annoying side effect is akathisia (a movement disorder). I ALWAYS have to be moving. It's very uncomfortable. Another side effect is trouble sleeping. No matter what time of day I take it I have trouble sleeping. My emotions are dulled, but at least I'm not having manic or depressive episodes, so I guess it's worth it. I have a lot of trouble with concentration and memory, but my doctor says that's not med related (I think it is though because I wasn't having those issues before.) Anyway, the medicine does what it is supposed to. It suppresses my hallucinations to some extent and I don't have manic or depressive episodes anymore. But honestly I'm not sure if the side effects are worth it. I've been on it for about 5 months and the side effects have not lessened or gone away like the doctor claimed they would."

ARealPerson October 5, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "After taking all the other anti-psychotics I have found Vraylar to be the most effective in controlling my symptoms. The only side effect I've had is some minor nausea the morning after my first dose. The only problem is cost as even Medicare's co-pay is astounding! Fortunately, my new psychiatrist is able to provide me with samples."

WildcatVet October 2, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am so excited my dr. recommended this. I have never been diagnosed with Bi-polar but take anxiety medicine and told him that I wasn't happy, just "there". After being on this for a week, I feel like a whole new person and within the past month of being on it, it has gotten even better. I realized I am singing in the car again, and not taking my job or kids so seriously - life happens. I am enjoying people and wanting to step outside of my routine. Finally laughing a lot. The negative, it makes me very sleepy so I take 1.5mg at night only. I have crazy dreams, but am willing to deal with that to keep feeling like I do. Insurance didn't cover it but I got a coupon from the dr for now."

lace (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve been on Vraylar 1.5mg for 1 month for bipolar disorder. Manic episodes, mood swings, random anger/crying we’re completely out of control. I started taking this in the morning, but it was making me nauseous half of the day even with a light breakfast. I switched to bedtime and it interfered with sleep. I am now trying a lunchtime dose, which seems to be better. I have learned I cannot take it on an empty stomach (I don’t usually have that issue with medications). It suppress my appetite. My doc added a sleep aid and this seems to be a good combo. Once I learned the correct way to take it, it has been an amazing help to me so far. I just increased to 3mg 2 days ago and so far so good. I feel like I am more alert and have more energy a lot of the time. Also I feel the need to always keep moving, which can be tiring at times. I’ll take that over the manic and other symptoms any day! I hope it helps others the way it has me so far. THE COST OF THIS MED IS CRAZY THOUGH!"

Relieved98 September 22, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug caused a seizure out of the blue about three weeks after starting it. This seizure was so severe I dislocated both shoulders as a result. I was immediately taken off this drug and have been on an anti-seizure drug for almost two years now. Horrible experience"

Aim (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I rarely experience side effects from medications. I was only able to take 1.5mg of Vraylar for 3 days (nights) because it caused horrible nausea. ~3-4 hours of taking it the first night I was nauseous, then gagging, then vomiting. Throughout the day I felt nausea which lifted slightly around 11pm only to return a few hours after I took the next dose at 12am. Tonight I didn't take it, I'm done, but still feeling slightly nauseous and now I'm looking at the half life of this drug (2-4 days!). It could be 2-3 weeks before I feel physically well again. Now I'm looking at the next med I'm supposed to try scared to death because of these side effects"

cozy (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was given this medication in place of lithium. I was on it for a month. I experienced many side effects while taking this. Restless (pacing around the house), anxiety, chronic dry mouth, depression (crying for days) and TD uncontrollable muscle movements. Mainly in my face and jaw. The doctor gave me samples and never warned me of the potential side effects. Please be warned. I have stopped taking Vraylar for 3 weeks and the uncontrollable muscle movements have still persisted I don’t know if they are permanent the Vraylar website says that they may be a permanent. I am scared and don’t recommend Vraylar to anyone."

Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Awesome. No more racing thoughts. Mania has slowed down and no weight gain. However I have samples. Don't know how I am going to afford it."

Deputykja (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

Vraylar (cariprazine) for : "I suffer from schizoaffective disorder. Vraylar has stabilized my mood and cut the incidence of hallucinations by about 1/2. I've noticed two main side effects. First, fear. I am frequently terrified particularly when riding in a car but at other times as well. I had to cut my dose when I started suffering flashbacks. Now the fear isn't gone but is liveable. Second, I've lost interest in social interactions to the point I even have trouble watching T.V. or reading because I can't identify with the characters. Feelings of empathy and compassion are muted. I've already tried and failed most of the antipsychotics due to side effect sensitivity. These side effects are mild by comparison, but still debilitating."

Seeing Things (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2018