User Reviews for Cariprazine

Also known as: Vraylar

Learn more about Cariprazine.

Schizophrenia 14 reviews 42 medications

7.9
Bipolar Disorder 69 reviews 29 medications

6.2
Summary of Cariprazine reviews 83 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Cariprazine

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have tried everything and anything for my bipolar. This has been like a miracle that has brought me back to living life like a normal person. Out of the depths of despair and the highs of mania."

Sarahbc (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have tried just about every medicine for bipolar I that is known to man, and none have been effective for me. Was keeping my fingers crossed that Vraylar would be the one that would offer some relief but it proved to be yet another dud. I took this medicine at 2:00 p.m. and at 4:00 p.m. I could barely keep my eyes open anymore. I then proceeded to sleep for 24 hours, waking up only once or twice for about 5 minutes to go to the bathroom! When I finally did wake-up the next afternoon I was extremely sedated and I had the typical zombified feeling that comes along with taking an anti-psychotic. Not to mention, I was on the lowest dose of 1.5 mg. I would hate to see what 3 or 6 mg would have done to me."

Socrates23 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Most recent diagnosis is bipolar 1. I've been better since starting trileptal about 6 months ago. Doc suggested added Vraylar. Big mistake as one 1.5 ml dose made me hyperglycemic, jittery, sweaty, nauseous. I fell when my muscles sort of locked up and was physically unable to speak or move for several minutes. Helpless, awful feeling. I ain't taking a second dose of this stuff."

DrBuck July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medication is wonderful for my Major Depressive Disorder . My Dr. prescribed it off label to treat my depression because it's cousin Rexulti also worked great for me but caused 20 lb weight gain. So far I haven't had weight gain but it's too early to tell. It pretty much cured my depression (short term at least). It feels like I can't get low like there is a block stopping me from feeling sad. I have a ton of energy, I'm cleaning again, picking up new furniture etc. I hope it continues to work so well. I started feeling the effects day one. PROTIP: take this at night because it causes crazy drowsiness for the first couple hours."

Lisamon (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "So this stuff works but beware if you have sleeping issues promise you it will only make it worse . And if you decided to stop taking this meds please I beg u go the doc so they can help lower your doeses bit by bit safely."

Roseee July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have tried Abilify, Seroquel, and Saphris and this is by far the best medication I've been on. I did have a good experience with Seroquel until I got sick, but I would sleep through a hurricane which was bad for my work. I went two years after I got sick not feeling like myself. TWO YEARS. No real joy, no passion, no libido, nothing. Also my anxiety was out of control and I was beginning to use a lot of Ativan. Then, my psychiatrist was unavailable so I saw his PA and he put me on Vraylar. I don't know if this is even possible but I swear I began to feel better in a matter of days. It was incredible. My anxiety was the first symptom I noticed began to improve, then I started to notice the "pep in my step" improve. I'm happy again!"

MC4Vraylar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This was the worst drug I've ever been put on in my entire life. It literally ruined me for months. I couldn't see colors the same, I could hardly read or look at a computer screen. I was so restless and tired all at the same time I feel useless. My body always felt tired and I was so irritated that if anyone even put their hand on me it would bug me out and hurt my skin. When I finally got off, I lost my vision completely for four days and ended up in the emergency room. Literally all I could see were shapes. It was a horrifying and traumatic experience that scared me from ever going on pharmaceuticals ever again despite how bad my bipolar disorder is. Absolutely the worst medication I've ever been and I'm mad I trusted my doctor"

Mgggg (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This has been a miracle drug for me. It's evened out my severe mood swings. I have some side effects including weight gain, back ache, pursing my lips and heartburn, but I'm staying on it because I'm starting to feel so "normal"."

zolar June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Vraylar saved my life. I was diagnosed bipolar in my early 20's. I went through a 5 year stint of hard drugs nearly killing myself. After getting sober in 2010, I took Depacot (made me gain a ton of weight) Lithium ( gave me intense tremors and I was always thirsty). So, I decided to go off meds. Relapsed on alcohol. Found myself in the hospital within a month for trying to commit suicide. I went to a partial hospitalization program where the psych Dr prescribed me Vraylar. I swear within 3 days, I was a new person. I had tons of energy, I was happy, and it's only been a week I am still only on the 1.5 dose. I am so thankful for this drug. I am usually extremely sensitive to psych meds and have experience no side affects."

Penguin143 (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Vraylar for probably 4 or 5 months now. It has been great. At first I didn't think it helped, then we doubled my dose from 3 mg to 6 mg and it started to work. It keeps my mixed episodes at bay, which are always the ones that get me hospitalized. Any drug that will keep me out of the hospital is a miracle drug for me. Also, I have gained no weight on it (I've actually lost 7 lbs) despite the studies showing quick weight gain. Overall, I'd say give Vraylar a shot if your doctor recommends it. There are very few side effects compared to the other atypicals I've been on, and I've been on quite a few. Also, go to Vraylar's website and get the coupon called Vraypay. It reduced my copay to just $15!"

MD1 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "My husband has been on it for 3 months and he's himself again . I am glad we finally found something that works ."

Glad to be me zee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "My daughter has severe austism and was given this for it. This medication started out for about two weeks calming behaviors of my child. Then around the third week, my daughter became more disengaged at home and at school. The staff at her school said she seemed spooked when they walked in the hallways, a therapist said she appeared to be looking through her. My child had the skill of saying when she needed to go to the bathroom, and initiating each day to take a bath. After about two weeks on this medication she lost those skills, no longer mentioned she wanted to take a bath on her own and when I tried taking her a bath she was resistant to it and when I would take her to the bathroom to use the restroom she was resistance. She also became constipated. Thank goodness I took her off this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have lost 30 lbs in four months. I am starting school and feel the best I have felt in 10 years. It has been life changing to me I am on Vraylar 3 mg."

Rennae (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I've been taking Vraylar for schizophrenia for over 6 months. It has been the best anti-psychotic to date for me. The only downside is I still experience weight gain. I'm looking to continue this drug until a better one comes out. I've been stabilized and happy for the first time since my illness started 6 years ago."

TheBiz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I have been using lamictal for years. Recently my Dr added vraylar and I won't lie the first couple days were horrible!!! I got so sick but I pushed through and the results have been amazing and I've had only taken it a week. I am diabetic and haven't had high blood sugar, no wait gain although I was sooo hungry the for the first couple days. If you can push through the side effects I highly recommend this medicine. I feel alive again I have energy and just look forward to life. Also the voices and visions have stopped"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I started Vraylar about 9 months ago because nothing else was working. I have had more energy, more alertness and more interest in people and things. I am taking 4.5 mg per day. For years I never planned anything in the morning because I just wasn't "with it" enough to function. Recently I went for a routine dental checkup and was found to have 7 cavities; 4 of which are under crowns. It will cost about $6,000 to fix this. I blame the medication as nothing else has changed in me life. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem."

AudKaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Have had a great experience with vraylar. Went from oversleeping on a regular basis (on risperidone) to sleeping a healthy 8-10 hours. Feel sharper, more social, and generally in a better mood. Unfortunately have been dealing with insomnia and on and off nausea. It's been two weeks since starting. Overall the positives outweigh the negatives and I'm hoping the side effects subside over time. Give it a shot."

mustangman224 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "After 12 years of various medications to treat my Bipolar I I have finally found true stability and my new normal. No more mood swings no more panic attacks-literally gone. All I take is 3mg of vraylar now after years of being on 3, 4 sometimes 5 meds. This is truly a miracle drug for me. I am on such an even keel I had no idea I could ever live like this. So grateful."

DietzT May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug was a nightmare for me. I have Mood Regulation Disorde. I was totally anxiety ridden one minute and hiding in my closet crying the next. Tired as heck one minute then hyper and crazy the next. I have never had mood swings this severe in my life. This medication also gave me tons of other physical symptoms such as high blood pressure, nausea, and a general feeling of being happy and sad at the same time. I've tried a ton of meds, and this is the worst one to date. Also, it should be noted, if your sensitive to weight gain, the trials on the drug did show 1-2 lbs gained in 3 weeks. So you might want to watch out for that."

Alice 123456 May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medication works for me. I can get housework done, mow the grass, and just push myself to do things now. Sometimes I can't sit still. Side effects were sore muscles and nauseous which went away after a few days. Depression is gone. Only thing is it makes me nervous a little bit and on edge so I take something else for that."

Sad blue eyes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medication has been a life changer for me. No weight gain. Side effects for the first week or so. I did become dependent on it and become crazy after missing a few doses of it. It is absolutely perfect for MIXED episodes. It is the best medication I have found so far. I have been taking for about two months I believe."

rachel7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "My sister had been on clozapine for 11 years! She was doing great; showering on her own, changing her own clothes (for those that know people with schizophrenia then you these are major tasks in of themselves) she was even volunteering, working out and DRIVING! Just last week her doctor, whom we have grown to love and depend on, told her about Vraylar.Of course SHE wanted to try it.Sure she still had the voices in her head but they were quieter and she could always tell the difference between her world and reality. After 3 days on Vraylar she went full blown maniac! Throwing things,yelling at us in tongues ,hitting and kicking us. We finally got her to the ER and got the Clozapine back in her system and the Vraylar out.She's still in CCU."

Cegswim April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I have major depression with psychotic features. Or at least that's what they say. Antidepressants never worked for me and had awful side effects. Antipsychotics worked better, but the older ones made me too sleepy, Abilify gave me ADD-like symptoms. Latuda was pretty good, no cognition-affecting side effects, but it did sometimes give me bouts of annoying nausea. I heard Vraylar was good at improving the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, which were very similar to the effects of depression in me, so I wondered if Vraylar would work for me too. I've been on it for about a month now, just titrated up from 1.5 to 3 mg. I feel "brighter." More animated, more social. No side effects for me at all. I like it."

Stardustgazer April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "My son switched from Risperidone to Vraylar, and it was a terrific decision. He has no positive symptoms on 1.5 mg of the Vraylar, and he feels much more clear-minded and motivated than previously. He has been able to recommence his college classes and generally reclaim more of his true personality. Occasionally, he experiences akathisia, in which case he takes a day off of medication with no ill effects that we have seen. I give high praise to the scientists behind this medication. The fact that it works in selective and adaptive ways in regulating dopamine is a tremendous advantage. The Risperidone left my son feeling disabled, whereas the Vraylar has facilitated a positive and dramatic turnaround."

Jay11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "Paranoia significantly alleviated and mind activity controllable with medication"

Lunar_dollar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017