User Reviews for Cariprazine

Also known as: Vraylar

Learn more about Cariprazine.

Schizophrenia 12 reviews 42 medications

8.4
Bipolar Disorder 60 reviews 28 medications

6.2
Summary of Cariprazine reviews 72 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Cariprazine

For Bipolar Disorder: "My daughter has severe austism and was given this for it. This medication started out for about two weeks calming behaviors of my child. Then around the third week, my daughter became more disengaged at home and at school. The staff at her school said she seemed spooked when they walked in the hallways, a therapist said she appeared to be looking through her. My child had the skill of saying when she needed to go to the bathroom, and initiating each day to take a bath. After about two weeks on this medication she lost those skills, no longer mentioned she wanted to take a bath on her own and when I tried taking her a bath she was resistant to it and when I would take her to the bathroom to use the restroom she was resistance. She also became constipated. Thank goodness I took her off this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have lost 30 lbs in four months. I am starting school and feel the best I have felt in 10 years. It has been life changing to me I am on Vraylar 3 mg."

Rennae (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I've been taking Vraylar for schizophrenia for over 6 months. It has been the best anti-psychotic to date for me. The only downside is I still experience weight gain. I'm looking to continue this drug until a better one comes out. I've been stabilized and happy for the first time since my illness started 6 years ago."

TheBiz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I have been using lamictal for years. Recently my Dr added vraylar and I won't lie the first couple days were horrible!!! I got so sick but I pushed through and the results have been amazing and I've had only taken it a week. I am diabetic and haven't had high blood sugar, no wait gain although I was sooo hungry the for the first couple days. If you can push through the side effects I highly recommend this medicine. I feel alive again I have energy and just look forward to life. Also the voices and visions have stopped"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I started Vraylar about 9 months ago because nothing else was working. I have had more energy, more alertness and more interest in people and things. I am taking 4.5 mg per day. For years I never planned anything in the morning because I just wasn't "with it" enough to function. Recently I went for a routine dental checkup and was found to have 7 cavities; 4 of which are under crowns. It will cost about $6,000 to fix this. I blame the medication as nothing else has changed in me life. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem."

AudKaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Have had a great experience with vraylar. Went from oversleeping on a regular basis (on risperidone) to sleeping a healthy 8-10 hours. Feel sharper, more social, and generally in a better mood. Unfortunately have been dealing with insomnia and on and off nausea. It's been two weeks since starting. Overall the positives outweigh the negatives and I'm hoping the side effects subside over time. Give it a shot."

mustangman224 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "After 12 years of various medications to treat my Bipolar I I have finally found true stability and my new normal. No more mood swings no more panic attacks-literally gone. All I take is 3mg of vraylar now after years of being on 3, 4 sometimes 5 meds. This is truly a miracle drug for me. I am on such an even keel I had no idea I could ever live like this. So grateful."

DietzT May 12, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug was a nightmare for me. I have Mood Regulation Disorde. I was totally anxiety ridden one minute and hiding in my closet crying the next. Tired as heck one minute then hyper and crazy the next. I have never had mood swings this severe in my life. This medication also gave me tons of other physical symptoms such as high blood pressure, nausea, and a general feeling of being happy and sad at the same time. I've tried a ton of meds, and this is the worst one to date. Also, it should be noted, if your sensitive to weight gain, the trials on the drug did show 1-2 lbs gained in 3 weeks. So you might want to watch out for that."

Alice 123456 May 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medication works for me. I can get housework done, mow the grass, and just push myself to do things now. Sometimes I can't sit still. Side effects were sore muscles and nauseous which went away after a few days. Depression is gone. Only thing is it makes me nervous a little bit and on edge so I take something else for that."

Sad blue eyes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medication has been a life changer for me. No weight gain. Side effects for the first week or so. I did become dependent on it and become crazy after missing a few doses of it. It is absolutely perfect for MIXED episodes. It is the best medication I have found so far. I have been taking for about two months I believe."

rachel7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "My sister had been on clozapine for 11 years! She was doing great; showering on her own, changing her own clothes (for those that know people with schizophrenia then you these are major tasks in of themselves) she was even volunteering, working out and DRIVING! Just last week her doctor, whom we have grown to love and depend on, told her about Vraylar.Of course SHE wanted to try it.Sure she still had the voices in her head but they were quieter and she could always tell the difference between her world and reality. After 3 days on Vraylar she went full blown maniac! Throwing things,yelling at us in tongues ,hitting and kicking us. We finally got her to the ER and got the Clozapine back in her system and the Vraylar out.She's still in CCU."

Cegswim April 23, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I have major depression with psychotic features. Or at least that's what they say. Antidepressants never worked for me and had awful side effects. Antipsychotics worked better, but the older ones made me too sleepy, Abilify gave me ADD-like symptoms. Latuda was pretty good, no cognition-affecting side effects, but it did sometimes give me bouts of annoying nausea. I heard Vraylar was good at improving the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, which were very similar to the effects of depression in me, so I wondered if Vraylar would work for me too. I've been on it for about a month now, just titrated up from 1.5 to 3 mg. I feel "brighter." More animated, more social. No side effects for me at all. I like it."

Stardustgazer April 14, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "My son switched from Risperidone to Vraylar, and it was a terrific decision. He has no positive symptoms on 1.5 mg of the Vraylar, and he feels much more clear-minded and motivated than previously. He has been able to recommence his college classes and generally reclaim more of his true personality. Occasionally, he experiences akathisia, in which case he takes a day off of medication with no ill effects that we have seen. I give high praise to the scientists behind this medication. The fact that it works in selective and adaptive ways in regulating dopamine is a tremendous advantage. The Risperidone left my son feeling disabled, whereas the Vraylar has facilitated a positive and dramatic turnaround."

Jay11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "Paranoia significantly alleviated and mind activity controllable with medication"

Lunar_dollar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm not even up to the full dose on this medication and I feel great! Started 1.5 mg about a week ago going up to 3 mg tomorrow. My anxiety is gone and I haven't needed any Ativan. I'm happier and more up beat. It's so nice to feel like myself again after two years feeling a little off. The only thing was I experienced some nausea the first few days but I think it's going away."

MC64282 April 3, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This is my second post, I was waiting for my insurance to approve this med....been on samples starting at 1.5, then to 3mg, and now 4.5mg, other then a little bit of restlessness, I am tolerating this med quite well (after trying over 40 other meds) it has been 2 months since I began taking it, and at least some of the suicidal thoughts have dissipated...I will continue to take it, and work up to 6mg starting next month....but by far, one of the best Bipolar meds I have tried in over 9 years!"

Leeza1967 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started this 2 weeks ago. I have mixed manic bipolar disorder. I was on latuda and Risperdal for 3 years. I finally got off of them after the doctor realized it was messing with me. On vraylar I noticed I sleep less like only 8 hours instead of 10-12. I also feel better I don't hear voices anymore and I felt good enough to cut and color my hair. 2 weeks ago that would've been out if the question. I've started exercising and I've noticed the side effect of restlessness. I hope it goes away! Overall this is a wonder drug!"

Camoprincess86 March 25, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "So far I have found this drug great. I've taken many anti depressants since I was 16 ( now 33) and just was diagnosed with bipolar. Feeling much more energy at times I don't know what to do so I workout"

Mags123 March 25, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking Vraylar for 2 weeks now and have noticed a huge increase in my libido. No other side effects and I am definitely having less anxiety and much better impulse control! It almost feels like someone stepped into my mind and organized everything!"

BipolarAmy (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Best drug I have been on so far. Has no side effects that I have found. Doesn't make you feel sick or dizzy like other drugs have done for me."

awilliams13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "1) Have become very forgetful. 2) I daze out alot. 3) Hard breathing sometimes. 4) sleeplessness. 5) constantly have to be moving. 6) no real drive"

Famous James (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been on Vraylar 3 weeks, and within the first 2-3 days noticed a HUGE difference in my energy level, and actually got out of the fetal position I usually lay in almost all day....although, there are only so many things I can actually do around my house and living alone, so a lot of built-up energy, that finds me pacing and wanting to call and talk to every person I know, (which doesn't work great, feeling like a bother to everyone) the depression went away within a few days of starting this med, but has since felt like it is returning, I am currently taking 3mg, and been waiting 5 days for my insurance to actually "Approve" that they will pay for it, in order for me to continue taking it at a 4.5mg dose, also a HUGE increase in appetite!"

Leeza1967 February 13, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started this medication 3 days ago and I never get side effects for medication ever. This medication messed me up. From the first day I started getting headaches, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting multiple times a day, I completely loss my appetite and the weird side effect I got is hiccups. I literally get hiccups 8-10 times a day. I'm stopping this medication cause it's not worth feeling like poop all day."

Weird hiccups side effect February 11, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Tonight is the first time I have taken Vraylar. It is 2/9/17. I plan to give this medicine a chance, and will keep others posted on how it is affecting me. I was very hesitant trying a new drug. My doctor is supplying me with 1.5mg samples. I do feel like a guinea pig because there doesn't seem to be very much feedback on Vraylar so far. I've been diagnosed for many years now as having Bipolar 2 and severe anxiety disorder. I do have a history or intense anger, manic episodes and sadness. Currently I am taking Xanax up to 3 times per day as needed for anxiety, Lamictal 200mg and Lorazepam 2mg at night. I also take 2 types of thyroid meds during the day. I am very hopeful that Vraylar will work, but really fear weight gain. This is post #1."

Twynlyn February 10, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medication worked for me for about 3 weeks. I started on 1.5mg then my doctor increased it to 3mg. After the increased I had an upset stomach, my chest felt very heavy, and it was difficult for my to swallow and speak without gasping for air. My doctor wants me to go back down to 1.5mg I told my doctor I am taking myself off. Anything that bothers my breathing I can't tolerate."

Novrayler January 28, 2017