User Reviews for Cariprazine

Also known as: Vraylar

Learn more about Cariprazine.

Schizophrenia 5 reviews 42 medications

Bipolar Disorder 32 reviews 33 medications

5.9
Summary of Cariprazine reviews 37 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Cariprazine

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Even though reading the other reviews gave me so much hope, after just 1 week at 1.5 mg, the side effects are just too much for me. 12 hours after taking it, I feel like I've got stomach flu and vomit violently. Also since starting I feel lethargic, will suddenly fall asleep, and I'm an absolute grump to be around. Currently taking lithium and lamotrigine which can't seem to get a grip on the swings."

Aukward (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on 3mg. for approx. a month and a half. At first I noticed more daytime anxiety and my psych. asked me to switch to pm. dosing, which seemed to help. However, like a lot of you I can't seem to sleep through the night. So I am going to switch back to am dosing. I really hope it won't increase my anxiety again because I really like how it helped with lifting my depression even Latuda didn't help with my persistent depression nor did any of the antidepressants."

Catzzz November 21, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on this medication for about a week now and I must say that out of all other medications I have been on, Vraylar is working pretty well. The only side effects that I have experienced has been an upset set stomach. I'm sleeping better and hopefully it continues."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My wife has been on everything for bipolar. the Dr. added Vraylar to Bupropion, clonazepam and lithium. At first We thought it was amazing. She went from curled up in bed to going places and doing things. Her manic episodes had been limited to rage, and after starting Vraylar, they seemed to become euphoric just prior to turning radically disphoric. The get up and go turned to akathesia. It tapered off to simply loose it's efficacy. going up to 3 mg just brought the same roller coaster. My wife is treatment resistant to many meds. If you choose to try this medication, please look out for these side effects, and keep your optimism in check."

P.J. GA. November 11, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "Works well on all symptoms. Treats cognitive symptoms better than other meds. Does not make my mouth twitch like some meds. No sedation at all. No sexual side effects at all. Only noticeable side effect is a disturbing mental state when going to bed at night. The only other drawback is that it is not yet available in generic."

jimmzy (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have Bipolar 2 plus Panic Disorder. I started Vraylar about 10 days ago and have had a wonderful experience. It has made my days feel more stable and helped keep me calm at night when my panic attacks come. Looking forward to healing more and more. FYI my cocktail is: Lamictal Amitriptyline Ativan Guanfacine (motor tics) Liothyronine (hypothyroid) I'm not sure yet if insurance will cover the expense of the drug, but for now I'm maxed out on my out of pocket for the year, so it's free. I guess I'll find out in January how much it will really cost. Reading reviews of this drug really freaked me out at first, but now I'm so glad I tried it. Give it a try for a few days!"

Jenny C. (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "This review is for my mother she has been schizophrenic for several years and all different medications none of them helped including Latuda and Risperdal she felt those made her symptoms worse but since she has been on this new medication she feels she is no longer sick we can all tell a big difference in her and she has been perfectly fine for the longest time she loves this medication she feels like herself again for once with no side effects"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I remember eagerly waiting for this medicine to come out, and when it finally did, I think I must've been one of if not the only patient my psychiatrist had on it. At first, while taking it in the morning, I felt super nauseated (lost weight from it actually), and felt like I didn't want to get out of bed for anything. So I started taking it at night, which helped a little, but then it suddenly became stimulating for me, so I started taking it in the morning again. That's when I started noticing the therapeutic benefit setting in, which took roughly a week to start setting in. I quit taking it a month and a half later because of akathisia, but decided to give it another go here recently, and haven't really had any problems."

mikrw33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have only taken Vraylar for 5 days. The first three times I took it at night and was able to fall asleep but could not stay asleep. Each night it was worse - like wake up at 1:30 am and never go back to sleep. So I skipped a day (don't ask me why?) and then took it in the morning. Hugh difference! I have slept so much better since switching it to the morning.That is the only side effect I have had so far. I haven't really noticed any difference in my moods yet but it is really early. The only other medication I take is lamictal (past 8 years) which has been a miracle drug for me but doesn't conquer the nagging depression that never seems to go away. I have high hopes for Vraylar! Use the drug coupon that you can download from their web!"

ReillyGirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I usually don't read reviews on medication because I want to give the drug an unbiased try. After 5 weeks on Vraylart the lowest dose, here are my adverse reactions: insomnia, panic, paranoia, fear, mania, easily startled, itching, rash, decreased vision, dry cough, gerd, upset stomach, increased urination, loose stool. The insomnia started immediately. I would sleep a couple of hours and then be wide awake. The drug wore me out because of all the resulting side effects. I had no side effects on Seroquel and, after discontinuing the Vraylar, I am relieved to be back on it."

izzy26 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "After taking all the other antipsychotics I have found Vraylar to be the most effective in controlling my symptoms. The only side effect I've had is some minor quesiness the morning after my first dose."

WildcatVet September 19, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Started to feel ok the first week but once Doctor upped dose to 3 mg all heck broke loose . Massive anxiety panic attacks and loss of sleep . Felt like I was loosing my mind ."

Janine P September 17, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "this medicine is bad news"

kiss me arse September 13, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My psychiatrist raised my dose to 3mg after 1.5 dose dose was ineffective. After 4 days, I have woke up delusional that goes away in 5 minutes. I don't know if it was the medicine or the mixture of it and the other medicines I take."

BigD420 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started to take vraylar 1.5 mg about two weeks ago and at first I noticed right away I just felt better, my mood was up, I had a sense of humor again but about a week ago I started to have problems with my binge eating again and even though I feel ok I can't seem to stop eating this makes me feel very out of control and sad. The last three days I haven't been able to sleep I can't focus my thoughts I don't feel good any more. I'm hoping to go off vraylar today or tomorrow after I talk to my doctor."

Ernieb23 September 10, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was only on 1.5 mg Vraylar for 3 days. I had severe side effects which lasted 5 days after my doc pulled me off of this poison. The psychic and physical pain was absolute torture. The suicidal ideation I'd been experiencing prior to Vraylar ramped up big time. Every cell in my body was in screaming. My doc took me off it after 3 days. What he neglected to mention is that Vraylar stays in your system for 2 weeks. The This is my 9th day off of Vraylar and I'm finally beginning to feel better. Have had night sweats the last 3 days so my body is detoxing the Vraylar. I've been in treatment for refractory bipolar 1 mixed episodes MDD for 27 years, and Vraylar was far and away the worst experience I've had on a med, and I've been on them all."

Zoe May (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This Med is a wonder drug it has kept my highs normal and my lows alot better. I am not suicidal anymore i am nowhere near as depressed as i was. my moods have been the same a couple mood swings but i am only on 3mg so i still have some room to go up its the best medicine out there i have been on alot of them."

zach bipolar (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Schizophrenia: "I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type this medicine is a wonder drug it has helped with seeing things and voices. Its also helped with the negative symptoms of schizophrenia too. Now for my bipolar its helped stabalize my moods and i am nowhere near depressessed anymore.I have had no side effects at all as well my weight has been the same without diet and exercise too"

austinsdad (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've run the gamut of bi polar meds...you name it I've probably tried it. well this med has been a difference maker. no side effects that I can recognize, better mood, more talkative, less depressed and I also have ocd, it has helped that in a big way. I feel kinda free! its coupled with zoloft and seroquel and I think I've found my niche!"

clarice starling August 21, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am updating my last post in hopes that this new drug is able to help others as it has helped me....Since my last post, I feel quite "alive" in many ways----BEFORE VRAYLAR--BED, 20 HOURS MINIMUN....SUICIDAL IDEATION--HOPELESSNESS-CONST. CRYING,-DOOMED, LOSS OF INTEREST IN "EVERYTHING!".....Fast forward--Yesterday I ran for groceries, got gas for the car, walked the dog, trimmed a few shrubs and ran to the casino with a friend, plus I sleep better...I got a coupon for the first month, and need Dr. approval for the rest,which I did not know during my last post.. but I've been on everything, and pray I get this....God bless all-THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU!!"

hugoboy (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I began at 1.5 then titrated to 3mg dosage. At first, I loved the medicine, as it completely eliminated my depressive symptoms and helped regulate my sleep. However, after being on the medicine for two weeks, I developed Akisthesia and was told to stop. However, for those who do not experience TDS or EPS from the medicine, I imagine this will be a solid option to consider. Just be warned- the most common side effect listed is "restlessness," which hit me hard and fast."

Moosmannman (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "So I have been on almost every anti-psychotic out there. So now my pdoc put me on Vraylar. I was going through a bad mixed episode, severe depression, not leaving the house, racing thoughts, etc. The Vraylar has helped with all of that. My pdoc started me at 1.5mg for 2 days then upped it to 3mg. The depression got better almost immediately but now I'm having extreme anxiety- can't stop moving my leg. So he increased it yesterday to 4.5mg & so far no change in the anxiety but its only been 1 day. I'm just hoping the anxiety is due to the episode & not a side effect of this med. Altho now I'm feeling a tad manic. Also, sleep has been an issue. It makes me sleepy but I sleep restlestless & wake up at 7am, but I'm wide and rested so its ok."

starlight77 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Hi, this is an updated experience. I have now been on Vraylar for just under 2 months. Once the side effects (PAIN!!! Lack of sleep, blurred vision) wore off, it really became a miracle. Even other people notice a difference. I did have to increase my dose, which caused severe tiredness and restlessness for a few days, but all in all it wasn't horrible. If you've been on stuff like Geodon, the tiredness isn't even comparable, but definitely tired. My biggest issue is the weight gain. I have BED on top of Bipolar and this has made my BED rear it's ugly head BAD. But, my doctor wants me to keep with the meds because he feels it's a side effect that will wear off. Overall, very happy with my improvement."

Sudo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "After reading the previous reviews I wasn't expecting much. Boy was I wrong! This has been the best three months that I have had in sixteen years. I'm alert, full of energy, strong enough to carry daily activities. I can play with my eight grandchildren, participate in spiritual activities, etc. I feel like someone has turned on a switch to my life. Best of all my insurance covered it. No need for naps any more."

Cmaxine August 5, 2016

Vraylar (cariprazine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started it about 2 weeks ago. I'm already on 6mg. I can say without a doubt this is my favorite medicine I've been on. It helps so much where it is needed. I have an addiction problem. this medicine works with your dopamine level which generally makes you happier if you truly are not happy and helps you to NOT USE. I haven't felt this good since I was a kid. I had no side affects after the first 3 days."

Phil C. July 11, 2016