User Reviews for Menthol topical

Also known as: Biofreeze, Flexall, Bengay Ultra Strength Pain Relieving Patch, Aspercreme Pain Relieving Heat Gel, Blue-Emu Maximum Strength Arthritis, Muscle & Joint Pain Relief, Gold Bond, ActivICE, Halls Mentho-Lyptus Drops, Halls Naturals, Luden's Honey Lemon Throat Drops, Vicks Cough Drops, Stopain, ActivOn Arthritis, Halls Plus, Icy Hot Extra Strength, Aspercreme Max No Mess Roll-On, Therapeutic Menthol, Flanax Cough Lozenges, Icy Hot Medicated Patch, Icy Hot Vanishing Scent Pain Relieving Gel, Icy Hot Medicated No Mess Applicator, N Ice Eucalyptus, Cepacol Sore Throat From Post Nasal Drip, Happinose, Deep Freeze Cold Gel, Blue Ice, Gel Glace/Ice Cold, Duro-Tuss Cough Lozenges, 4Head, Vicks VapoDrops (Cherry), Hill's Balsam Nasal Congestion, Vicks VapoDrops (Menthol), Robitussin Cough Drop, Mineral Ice, Arjun, Medikoff Drops, Medikoff Sugar-Free Drops, ActivOn Joint & Muscle, Bengay Pain Relief+Massage, Blue Gel, Mineral Freez Gel, Absorbine Jr. Plus Pain Relieving Liquid, Absorbine Jr. Back Patch, Absorbine Jr. Plus Pain Relief Patch, Absorbine Jr. Pain Relieving Cream, Berri-Freez Spray, Luden's Honey Licorice Throat Drops, Icy Hot Roll, Youngevity Invision CM, Luden's Original Menthol Throat Drops, Cold Spot Point Relief, Perform Pain Relieving Spray, Gold Bond Medicated Maximum Strength Foot, Max-Freeze, Bengay Zero Degrees, BENGAY Vanishing Scent, Bengay Cold Therapy Gel, Sombra Cool Therapy, Therapeutic Ice, Icy Hot PM Lotion, Sucrets Herbal, Sucrets Ice, Cool 'n Heat Patch, Fast Freeze Naturally Cool, Icy Hot Medicated Micro Patch, Icy Hot Advanced Relief Pain Relief Patch, Icy Hot Medicated Sleeve, Gold Bond Extra Strength, Icy Hot Medicated Spray, Icy Hot Power Gel, Absorbine Jr Pain Patch Gold Bond Maximum Strength N Ice Cherry N Ice Koldets Cough Drops N Ice Citrus N Ice Honey/Lemon Deep Cold Ice Cheracol Sore Throat and Cough Stopain Extra Strength Cold & Hot …show all brand names

Menthol topical has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 20 ratings on Drugs.com. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Pain
5.4
Sore Throat
10.0
Summary of Menthol topical reviews 5.7 20 reviews

Reviews for Menthol topical

Ladybug · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 16, 2021

Blue-Emu Maximum Strength Arthritis, Muscle & Joint Pain Relief (menthol) for Pain: “My husband used Blue Emu for 4 years on his back. The past two years he was so sedated he couldn’t stay awake. It was like he was taking a narcotic. He was getting ready to go get tests on his heart. It dawned on me that the only medication he was taking was topical blue emu. He stopped using it and within a few days he woke up and started feeling better. He is a different person. This stuff was soooo bad for him”

Rudy · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 3, 2019

Blue-Emu Maximum Strength Arthritis, Muscle & Joint Pain Relief (menthol) for Pain: “Original Blue-Emu Super Strength topical cream 12 oz. Lot17S0e, EXP 10/20 This product gives nearly instant relief of muscle pain. I'm not really sure why I often have muscle pain in my upper arms, but this simply makes that pain go away. Amazing! However, I have been reading reviews and realize there must be some misleading information on it's labeling. It cannot be the "Original" formula since its first ingredient is WATER! :-( Apparently it used to have Aloe vera before. (I wonder why that was removed?)”

Ryno · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2019

Blue-Emu Maximum Strength Arthritis, Muscle & Joint Pain Relief (menthol) for Pain: “I had pulled some muscles in my lower back. My mom, who suffers from arthritis suggested I put some on my lower back. I was like.. ok... after about 25 mins... there seemed to be a noticeable difference in the pain. I was surprised. ”

EverydayTinitus · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 10, 2020

Biofreeze (menthol) for Pain: “Biofreeze works really well after hard labor or exercise. It cools off and relieves the pain, making it a great recovery ointment for muscles. I use it in addition to rolling out. It kind of acts like a rub in ice pack. I find this to be better for recovery than tigerbalm. But I use tigerbalm for Tight muscles and joints.”

Paully · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2020

Aspercreme Pain Relieving Heat Gel (menthol) for Pain: “I used Aspercreme pain relieving heat gel and within one hour I was burnt to a crisp. I washed it off 3 times but I still was burning. My wife got a wet cloth and two ice packs and I was finally able to get some relief. I would not advise anyone to use this product !!!”

Anonymous April 13, 2021

Icy Hot Roll (menthol) for Pain: “The past few times I have used it I can taste it in my mouth. I thought maybe I had on hands and touched my mouth, so this time I had my husband put on my back and I never touched it. I still taste it on my lips and in my mouth. Does it absorb from your skin into your blood stream?”

Candice · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

Aspercreme Pain Relieving Heat Gel (menthol) for Pain: “I was told to use aspercreme heat for my shoulder pain. Within 30 minutes of putting it on my skin starting burning, turning red and itching. I tried to remove it but it had soaked into my skin. I've taken 50 mg of Benadryl and washed the area that I put the Asperecreme on 3 times but the itching and burning has continued. I would not suggest this product to anyone!!!”

Christy · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2021

Icy Hot Roll (menthol) for Pain: “Two weeks ago I applied Icy Hot roll on to my lower back. I now have a skin rash all across my lower back and it is very dry and itchy. It’s been a little over 2 weeks now and the rash has not cleared up yet.”

Tommy Wilde · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2016

ActivOn Arthritis (menthol) for Pain: “Althought it does not last long, it does help with the pain. I use it on my lower back & my neck for arthritis. My lower back has developed a rash after several uses. I have left it off for several days to see if the rash goes away.”

Fudgy20 · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 22, 2017

4Head (menthol) for Pain: “I have used head calm on n off for the past 5 years, but last night I used it & I'm now sat on my bed peeling skin off my forehead :( it's never happened before & I don't think I'll be using the stick again. :(”

Nomore problems with back pain · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 26, 2017

Absorbine Jr. Back Patch (menthol) for Pain: “If you are anyone that loves to hit the gym hard like I do, you gotta know what muscle pain feels like. No one can really tell or know when you have went too far because you are suppose to hurt and be in pain. If you are in pain, it means that your body muscles are stretching and you are making room for more muscles to fit. Many people don't understand that when you go home then that's when the adrenaline wears off and you start to think "I went a little too far that time". Since most of what I do is shoulder press, I have to say that this back patch for pain has saved me from several night where I wouldn't have been able to sleep. Absorbine Jr pain patches for back work quickly, absorb fast, and give me pain relief fast no matter what.”

Elizabeth · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 26, 2019

Biofreeze (menthol): “I'm allergic to the biofreeze aerosol, not the gel or roll on just the aerosol. Why? Why is the best relief to an auto injuried neck only better with the aerosol but my skin falls off or stays a bright red just 5 minutes after the aerosol is applied. BTW, the roll on and gel don't work as well. ? I have all 3 products and bought them in bulk. I'd like the msds on them I used Astra until they changed their formula recently”

Jeff Stadler · Taken for 10 years or more September 6, 2021

Aspercreme Pain Relieving Heat Gel (menthol) for Pain: “I used it for 15 years on knee's ankles, shoulders, back, calfs, thighs and found it worked better on my knee's if I used a tight knee support. Wonderful product. Can't find it anywhere. Had to use bengay extra strength.”

Aspercream · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2021

Aspercreme Pain Relieving Heat Gel (menthol) for Pain: “I applied aspercream on my knee and 20 min later my knee was red, itchy and I felt like the skin was peeling off. Horrible experience I clean the area I applied the cream on 3 times and the burning continued. I have never experienced this with a product and I'm not allergic to anything at age 30...I think this product needs to be recalled I had knee pain now I have a burning pain”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 21, 2021

Icy Hot Roll (menthol) for Pain: “I now have what looks like grey, dirty skin. Also, white patches of skin. I just put 2 and 2 together after using for over a year. I've always had beautiful skin on my back. Now it's ruined. And constantly itching.”

Mimi2 November 21, 2020

Icy Hot Roll (menthol) for Pain: “I used the Icy Hot Roll on on my back. This product burnt my skin, I mean it actually caused blisters, scabs and then peeling . The pain has been excruciating.”

Lucy January 14, 2020

Icy Hot Roll (menthol) for Pain: “I've use it before and I would itch but now I sprain my arm it is taking longer. After it started itching more and it burned my skin and I got patches now.”

Lala · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2021

Halls Mentho-Lyptus Drops (menthol) for Sore Throat: “Works great.”

Uptodaymeds · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 16, 2017

Icy Hot Medicated No Mess Applicator (menthol) for Pain: “Helps with restless leg syndrome and arms too. In minutes can feel the difference.”

Finally relief · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

Absorbine Jr. Plus Pain Relief Patch (menthol) for Pain: “Tried so many products, some helped awhile but the pain relief patches help most, just wish the adhered better. Have to “ tape” in place to last the night.”

HAWKEYE · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 9, 2019

ActivOn Arthritis (menthol) for Pain: “I have used this with no problems what so ever. I currently have two (2) sticks left and will continue to use until it's all used up. So sorry to hear that it's no longer available.”