Cool N Heat Maximum Strength
Generic Name: Menthol Gel, Liquid, and Solution (MEN thole)
Brand Name: Aspercreme Heat, Aspercreme Max Roll-On, Bengay Cold Therapy, Bengay Vanishing Scent, Bengay Zero Degrees, ...show all 32 brand names.Berri-Freez Pain Relieving, Biofreeze, Biofreeze Colorless Gel, Biofreeze Roll-On Colorless Gel, Blue Gel, Blue-Emu Maximum Strength, Cold Therapy Pain Relief, Cool N Heat Maximum Strength, Fast Freeze Pro Style Therapy, Flexall, Gold Bond Pain Relieving Foot, Ice Blue, Icy Hot, Icy Hot Medicated Spray, Icy Hot Pain Relieving Gel, Icy Hot Power, Mineral Freeze, Mineral Ice, Pain Relief Maximum Strength, Pain Relieving Gel, PolarFrost, Sombra Cool Therapy, Stopain, Stopain Roll-On, Therapeutic Ice, Therapeutic Menthol, Zims Max-Freeze
Uses of Cool N Heat Maximum Strength:
- It is used to ease muscle and joint aches and pain.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Cool N Heat Maximum Strength?
- If you have an allergy to Cool N Heat Maximum Strength (menthol gel, liquid, and solution) or any part of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Cool N Heat Maximum Strength with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Cool N Heat Maximum Strength?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Cool N Heat Maximum Strength is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Avoid using a heating pad or other heating devices on the treated area.
- This medicine may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
- Use care in children younger than 12 years of age. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Cool N Heat Maximum Strength) best taken?
Use Cool N Heat Maximum Strength as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Follow how to use as you have been told by the doctor or read the package insert.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Do not put on cuts, scrapes, or damaged skin.
- Do not put on open wounds.
- Do not put on irritated skin.
- Do not bandage tightly.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Cool N Heat Maximum Strength on a regular basis, put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
See also: Dosage Information (in more detail)
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Cool N Heat Maximum Strength?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
- Burning or stinging feeling. Most of the time, this will go away after a few days.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Cool N Heat Maximum Strength?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from heat or open flame.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Cool N Heat Maximum Strength, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Cool N Heat Maximum Strength. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Cool N Heat Maximum Strength (menthol gel, liquid, and solution).
Review Date: October 4, 2017
More about Cool 'n Heat Patch (menthol topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical rubefacient