User Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of Phillips' Milk of Magnesia reviews 8.7 116 reviews

Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

For Constipation "I was having trouble going potty and felt really bloated from not going, so I tried the mint Milk of Magnesia and even though it took a day or 2 to work, I felt so much better. My stomach was making a bubbling noise and I knew it was the start of something. Good warning for sure! I find taking it right before bed works the best!"

Tammy (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Indigestion "I had been feeling a little unwell with stomach aches and cramps as well as nausea for a few days and a friend suggested this medicine. About two hours after taking it things started to happen and I had the urge to go to the toilet. Sadly I had been offered a beer by a mate and totally forgot I'd taken this medicine what ensued were pretty bad cramps and some hard moments on the toilet. But ultimately all the bad stuff came out and the relief was fantastic. Just don't take and then have fizzy or alcoholic drinks."

Steve March 20, 2018

For Constipation "Wow. I am literally amazed. Unfortunately got hit with sickness after sickness for about 3 weeks. Couldn’t eat anything for a week. This in turn blocked me as nothing was telling my body to go. It was about 2 weeks without a proper bowel movement. Then one day I came home and was able to have a movement. This was my thank goodness moment. Unfortunately this didn't last very long. The next day I was just as stuffed. It looked like I was about 5 months pregnant and I couldn't eat much without getting full. My sister had M.O.M. from a recent bout of severe constipation due to lack of eating fiber so I decided to give it a try before I turned to the more aggressive laxative. Took this at about 6:45 pm and went to bed after being wildly tired. Woke up at around 10:45 to my stomach growling. Went back to sleep and 12 hours later I am on the toilet feeling so relieved that I don’t need to take an aggressive laxative."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Constipation "Thanks to opiates, noticed I hadn’t poo’d in about 3 days. You start to feel super gross...almost as if you can feel your body reabsorb the toxins inside you....it’s the worst feeling ever. I felt a heaviness, couldn’t eat, couldn’t focus, just awful. Took a full cup of MoM. Drank 3 glasses of water (that’s the trick!). Barely made it to the restroom....sweet relief....but don’t expect to leave house for a couple hours. Just when you think you’re done, there’s more. I’ll take that over being constipated though. Feels nice to be completely empty. Highly recommend if you’re backed up for days. Drink lots of water...and don’t leave the house until you’re completely done. Best lax ever. No pain at all."

HolycowTheresheGoes (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

For Constipation "I had an abdominal hysterectomy and was on Norco for several days as well other pain meds intravenously had me severely bloated, in pain from gas and constipated. I was given stool softeners that didn’t work. My friend suggested MoM. I took the full dose and it worked! Now 3 weeks post op, I’ve taken it once or twice when things don’t flow after a couple of days and it gets everything moving again without cramps. I highly recommend."

Essence (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

For Constipation "I hadn't had a BM for 6 days and im ALWAYS regular.. ALWAYS! So I was in panic mode so I called my doctor and she said take MoM and drink plenty of water and prune juice wouldn't hurt either. So I took 45ml of MoM (the directions said I could take 30ml-60ml) Thank goodness I only took 45ml because it only took 15 minutes and I was on the toilet.. it's been 11 hours and my stomach has definitely calmed down but I'm still hitting up the toilet here and there. I recommend this to anyone with constipation! No cramps either!"

Thank Goodness (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

For Constipation "My GI doc recommended this for chronic constipation following ostomy reversal surgery. I took the full dose and had complete, painless evacuation in 6 hours. Now I take a half dose every night before bed to keep things moving. I highly recommend for severe constipation."

TCStage3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2018

For Constipation "So I read the other reviews on here and wanted to try MOM for my surgery and opioid induced constipation. Nothing else seemed to work well, including polyethylene glycol, Dulcolax, suppositories, and enemas. I took 4 tablespoons of this, and about 2 hours later went poopie! I feel much relief. My stool is all water right now, but I feel much better and I’m sure that will clear up quickly. I recommend this product to anyone dealing with constipation issues."

Much Relieved December 17, 2017

For Constipation "Yesterday was a bad day. I went out with my sister and when I got home I realized I couldn't use the bathroom no matter how hard I tried it felt like I was trying to poo out a brick. My sister suggested milk of magnesia I took the full recommended dose at 10 pm around 5:50 am I was able to use the bathroom no issue at all felt so much better I highly recommend this product take the full dose and wait it will work trust me"

Zacv420 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2017

For Constipation "I have dealt with constipation for years. I have no other health issues and am at a normal weight. Even when eating very healthy, lots of veggies, fruit and fiber, no processed food and drinking lots of water, there are problems. I hate laxatives and stool softeners. I heard being low in magnesium can cause chronic constipation, so I thought I’d try milk of magnesia. It has changed my life. It does not give me diarrhea, it allows me to eliminate normally like I did when I was younger. I take 30 ml every night and have two normal bowel movements the next morning between wake up and about noon. I can go to the bathroom completely too, without feeling like there’s always more there that won’t come out. I highly recommend it for a gentle solution"

Barb0509 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2017

For Constipation "Travelled to the US to visit my significant other, but hadn't gone to the bathroom for a whole WEEK. My s/o's mother explained that travelling can cause constipation, but I was desperate for a BM nearing 8 days and no BM, and was looking up all sorts of routes to try and take. I bought suppositories, other laxatives to try, but Milk of Magnisa worked in exactly 12 hours, 60ml. Took it before bed, woke up exactly 12 hours later and I'm still glued to the toilet seat --- I'd pick the runs over being constipated any day."

anidiotabroad (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

For Constipation "I’ll start by saying, this stuff has very mixed reviews. I expected it to either never kick in, or work way too well. Neither did happen, but I have been relieved of my constipation. I took 3 tbsps on Thursday 9/21. Nothing at all. Later on that night, I took 2 more tbsps just to make sure that it would kick in at some point. I woke up at 8:47 AM today, and I barely made it to the restroom. I’m writing this as I finish my 30 minute restroom break. This stuff works wonders. Not only did clean me out well, there was no pains whatsoever. 999999999999999/10. It may take a little over a day to start, but it is MIGHTY worth it."

Xander W. B. (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

For Constipation "I had a baby and afterwards was constipated for 9 days (even with daily stool softeners). On day 9 I got MoM. I did not take the max dose. I was able to have a bowel movement (what I believed to be 9 days worth) within an hour. My baby is now 12 days old and I still have constant diarrhea and can't eat without ending up on the toilet. I won't take this again"

Stillgoing (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

For Constipation "Went to bathroom and rock hard bowel was harder than a rock soo bad it pushed against rectum caused severe pain. Took 120 mls 30-45 mins later was able to pass huge bowel but was still a big job - I thought I was going to tear something but feel a lot better. No one to blame but myself thats what opiates do."

ReggieRe1223 July 16, 2017

For Constipation "So, i got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday, July 12th, and I was completely under anestesia in a surgical center. I was not able to move my bowels after wards because of the anestesia and medicine. It's 4:00 on Friday, the 14th. I took Milk of magnesia at 3:30 and I am finally using the bathroom !! Highly recommend"

Anonymous July 14, 2017

For Constipation "Took at 9 am hoping to move bowels the same day, after days of horrible constipation and bloating. MoM claims it works within 6 hours, but nothing happened. I took another dose at bedtime, still without any movement. The following morning I have awful diarrhea. It's so bad it gave me an anal fissure and I've been taking Imodium and putting on lidocaine to ease the pain. Ridiculous to go from one extreme to the other. Yes I should not have taken a second dose, but thought it would be fine since it did not work at all after 14 hours, and supposedly you can take this daily. I thought this would just quicken transit time, but no, it stayed it my gut, mushed everything to liquid, and gave me the worst diarrhea ever. Never taking again!"

Horrible diarrhea (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

For Constipation "After surgery 2 weeks ago and consuming nothing but water and fiber type foods. I for some reason got constipated, I took MoM at 8pm. And at 2 am like clock work I was gettting crazy an cramps and could hear the bowel in motion. And bam had to go. But then at 3 am and 4 am again. Then at 7 am. Either I'm that backed up or it's working too good"

Harlock (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

For Constipation "Diagnosed over a year ago with Gluten Intolerance. When I eat anything with gluten I become bloated, and usually end up with awful diarrhea. The other night I ate what was supposed to be a gluten free sandwich; the cook screwed up. I expected the usual rush to the bathroom, except it didn't come. This time I was so constipated my pants wouldn't fit. MOM has has helped a bit. It took about 20 minutes before I ran to the bathroom. However, it has made me more gassy than anything; I'm scared to pass gas incase something else happens. My stomach and intestines sound like a warzone. It seems to help a bit, but has anyone else had the gas issue? Every time I go to the bathroom very little comes out, but it always follows a burst of gas."

GasBlast (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

For Constipation "I was backed up due to pain meds. Very uncomfortable. Took a full/big dose of MoM and drank a bunch of water. About 2-3 hours later, I had the most explosive diarrhea. It was AMAZING. I went from thinking I might have to go to ER to practically crying tears of joy and relief on the toilet while peeing out of my butt!!! Highly recommend this product to anyone who feels irregular . No cramps, no bad side effects. Just make sure you are near a toilet after you take it!!! Amen!"

Bonnie Nuggetz (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

For Constipation "I was constipated for about 5 days do to taking diet pills. I took MOM at about 1030pm at night I woke up at about 5 am rubbing my belly and thinking I can't believe this stuff hasn't kicked in. When I tell you that thought hadn't even left my mind yet it kicked in and with a bang!!!! I barely made it to the bathroom. I felt so much better even though I almost pooped on myself!!!!"

I'm so happy!!! April 23, 2017

For Constipation "works great I can't live with out it"

waverider007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

For Constipation "I was taking pain medication for a knee injury, and I suffered from severe constipation. When I say severe, I mean I could barely walk. It was so painful that I had to get my husband to help me off the toilet so I could curl up in bed in the fetal position. I couldn't eat anything either. My grandma recommended milk of magnesia. I sent my husband out to get me some, and I took the max dose that was allowed in a day. I was in pain for almost six hours before it started to kick in. It did soften my stool, but it was still painful coming out as I was EXTREMELY constipated. Then after the major bowel movement, I did have some diarrhea. MOM got the job done! I can't complain because the pain I was experiencing was almost unbearable."

LibraryLady90 March 10, 2017

For Constipation "I've been taking opioids for knee surgery and they are the worst for causing constipation. Despite taking stool softeners, senna laxatives, drinking prune juice daily and a high fiber diet, I could not get anything more than a tiny pebble to come out, and that was after straining so hard I got dizzy. My 'roids were freaking out. Enemas sort of worked but they were very painful and I never felt completely empty afterward. Since I'll be on meds for a few weeks I can't rely on them as a solution. After about 5 days of rocks for guts I finally found some irritable bowel forums with people swearing by milk of magnesia. So my husband ran to the pharmacy for me. About 18 hours later the sky opened up and the angels sang. Such relief!"

Holly Goes Barely (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2017

For Constipation "2 yrs ago I suddenly became so constipated that I couldn't have gone using a jackhammer!! That's how bad it was but after using every OTC laxatives, enemas everything I couldn't go. SO I told my Dr what was going on and she prescribed Kristalose for 125.00 a month. No success in the beginning then got a tad better. Then I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism which slows everything down and was given medication for that. FINALLY I saw a commercial for MOM and realized I had not tried it before. SO I rushed out and got some. IT HAS CHARGE MY LIFE IN A GREAT WAY!!! No more pain as I had for not going for a week. No CRAMPING. Just stay close to home after use and it works. Sometimes faster than others, but IT WILL work. GOOD LUCK GUYS"

Skimberly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2017

For Constipation "Beware if you are on pain medicine. Sometimes it doesn't always work. After suffering from constipation, sorry if this is TMI by the way. I took 3 tbsp of MOM. Nothing happened, the second day I took 4 tbsp and that night suffered severe cramping. I also had a little stool come out with blood..needless to say I went to the ER as the pain grew and I couldn't go. I waited 4 hours, mind you I live in Canada. And there was a poor little girl who stopped breathing. I ended up leaving and purchasing a enema kit and also ducalax suppositoties just inbcase. I got home and within 5 min I had relief. Moral of the story: IF ON PAIN MEDS HAVE A BACK UP PLAN!"

Limisrose January 26, 2017