User Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

Acne

1 review 514 medications
Summary of Phillips' Milk of Magnesia reviews 8.7 139 reviews

Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

For Constipation "I have been constipated for the past 8 days. On day 3 I took Senna. On day 5 I took DulcoSoft to soften the stools in conjunction with Senna. I decided to try MOM today (day 8). I took 50 ml (1.7 oz) with 250 ml (8.5 oz) water and went to bed in the afternoon holding a hot water bottle against my tummy. After 8 hours, I sat on the toilet, nothing happened, but I could feel a progression. I had no choice, but to strain to help the situation. One marble size stool was followed by a larger one and then another. After 20 minutes, I looked down the pan. I could not believe the amount that had come out from me. I'm unsure if it was purely MOM, which done the trick or the combination of all three drugs, but in my opinion it was MOM that done the complete job. One downpoint is that due to the straining I suffered a partial anal prolapse, so I will need to visit the doctor. I guess my advice is use, a multiple drug appoach, but definitely use MOM and DON'T strain too hard!"

StevieB (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2018

For Constipation "For some people milk of magnesia is a hit or miss thing. For me it's kind of in the middle. I have a hard impacted stool that won't come out for about a two weeks now. I took milk of magnesia the beginning of the second week and let me just tell you I've never had such watery stool. So why is it not a hit for me? Well because its doesn't soften the impacted stool. I think it only softens the newer stool which goes arounds the impacted stool because after the watery stool is out, when I try to strain I could still feel the hardened stool stuck there. Though I am thankful the newer stool comes out instead of builds up behind the impacted stool so I really can't complain. Other then that it's a really great product no side affects or anything. Drinks lots of water, preferably room temp water because it stimulates the digestive system more then cold water. Oh and also it's only for temporary constipation, I wouldn't use it for more then a week but ask your doctor first."

Neenee (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Constipation "I was extremely constipated for a month, I took one laxative from my local grocery store than I bought this laxative too. I drank two cups = 120 mg and I haven't been out of the bathroom since. My stomach has been gurgling and now every time I go it's all water. I have common symptoms but what I do recommend is take a small dosage every 6 to 8 hours. Or you will be in the bathroom constantly, it's a bad uncomfortable feeling. Burning may occur from going. I've got a bath twice after going. "

Milk of Mag Review (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

For Constipation "It’s very bad and not worth it for your health or money , if they had a 0 stars option I would put zero. I’m not recommending"

Harb November 16, 2018

For Constipation "I was very constipated for about 5 days, in pain and feeling sick. I went to a very small pharmacy and MoM was the laxative they had. I took 65mls at 11 pm, then went to bed. I woke up at 9am with some stomach gurgling and nausea and nothing else. Woke up again at 11am with some gas, which I passed then right after felt an extreme urgency to use the washroom. I had diarrhea that was mostly water, and on my way back downstairs I felt the same urgency and needed to be back on the toilet NOW. Went back for round 2. It is now 1pm and am still having diarrhea, always mostly water and has been explosive a few times. This product definitely does its job, but has caused me to diarrhea several times and based on the stomach gurgling and gas, I do not expect it to end soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

For Constipation "I have chronic constipation from IBS-C and gastroparesis. I’ve tried just about everything be it laxatives and fiber, you name it. and it’s SO hard to get me to go unless it’s coffee. Well, I decided to try this after being recommended it by a coworker and a doctor at the ER, so I did some research, and decided to purchase some. It had been 2 weeks since I had a BM so I tried it yesterday and sad to say it didn’t do anything for me. I still couldn’t go. All I had was intense nausea so bad I almost threw up on the way to work and I had weird gurgley noises from my stomach. It did it for hours but still super constipated. I am very sad it didn’t work for me cause I’ve read so many good things about it as well!! I’m not gonna say I don’t recommend it, I just have a stubborn stomach and most laxatives don’t work for me anyways."

chell125 October 20, 2018

For Constipation "I was not going for about three days, I think because I had lots of carbs and not enough fiber or fluid, and was getting panicky. I remembered that the nurse in the hospital had given me some MoM and it worked. Sent my hubby out to get some--took 30 ml the first day--got some response but very hard stools. Took 45 ml the second day with a good amount of water and a cup of tea at dinner--12 hours later the breakthrough, thank goodness !! I've been eliminating since, mostly watery stuff preceded by gas, but it beats the hard rocks, and it seems to be tailing off. Thank you, MoM!!"

maryrainbow (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Constipation "Having Hyperemesis along with the constipation just meant that I was in a vicious circle. My body just did not allow me to consume the amount of water it needed, hence the problem just got worse. Then I remembered my pharmacist recommended MOM (milk of magnesia) so I jumped online and came across this particular site to see the reviews. Having read the reviews, I thought why not, let’s try it, can’t make me feel worse than I do already. So last night I took 35mls of it at 9.30 with the recommended 8 ounces of water and I went to bed. Firstly let me tell you, I had the best sleep in three months, I felt at ease, and then at 5.30am I felt like I needed to go to the toilet. Although I did have to strain to get things going, but I cannot express how happy I was once things got moving!!! This stuff is just AWESOME!!!!"

Sana (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Constipation "I have had THE WORST constipation experience ever. It literally affected me for almost a month. I was gassy, bloated, heaviness in bottom of stomach and awful awful pressure feeling in my rectum. I tried several OTC remedies with minimal (rock/pellet) results. I bought MOM Sunday and took my first dose (30 ml) — NOTHING and no signs of ANYTHING. I am absolutely miserable — can’t sleep, can’t eat, and now, after taking MOM, nauseous!!!! On Monday evening, I took 60 ml (and chase with 8 oz of water —- something I failed to do with the initial dose. I didn’t sleep well at all Monday night — but on Tuesday morning THINGS BEGAN TO HAPPEN (thank goodness !!!). Initially it was hard medium size “rocks”. But I literally have had 3 BM’s today (that has never happened in my 61 years of living). I feel better today than I have in weeks. Plan to take a smaller dose tomorrow. MOM will have a place in my household from this day forward!!!!"

Krnick2 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Constipation "I was in the hospital for a few days due to knee replacement surgery. The nurses noticed I hadn't had a bowel movement for about 3 days so they gave me MOM (don't know the dose) and sat me on the toilet. The effects came within an hour. I still can't believe what came out of me - it just kept coming and coming. No unpleasant side effects. Would take again."

BC/DC (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Constipation "If you are trying to clean out everything from your stomach to your bum this is what you want. Works every time. Drink 60 ml and 2 glasses of water and you’ll be in business!"

White September 3, 2018

For Constipation "Take MOM every once in a while to cleanse, works like a charm every single time. This is easier on your tummy than mag citrate and works better IMO. If you are backed up and reading this, go get some for some sweet relief!"

Empty (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2018

For Constipation "I took max dose of it after breakfast for the first time for chronic constipation. I didn't have BM after 7 hrs and just had horrible heartburn, stomachache, nausea, bloating, and vomiting. It was basically a lot of pain and I was so sad that I took this in first place because the pain was worse than not pooping for 2 weeks! I got BM next morning and it was completely watery diarrhea and it was worst pain ever. I told my doctor that this is just painful but he told me I have to take this because I already tried everything nothing worked so MOM was last choice. I already done test and it was all normal. Anyway, it was worst pain ever and I would NOT recommend this!!!"

Hello123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Constipation "This stuff works like magic. Was constipated for almost 2 weeks. Took 60 ml and chugged a bunch of water. It worked almost instantly for me. Get ready for a multi day cleansing. Until then, sit back and relax (the more water the better by the way... drink up!)"

Jc (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Constipation "I've been constipated for almost a week and I took Milk Of Mag last night by 2 hours it was working. Now 14 hours later it's still working...not sure if that's a good thing lol "

S.B (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Constipation "Just make sure to follow it with 8oz of liquid!"

Anonymous August 15, 2018

For Constipation "First time I took this (60mL) I drank a full cup of water with it and then went and laid down with my heating pad and Netflix—within one episode of my show I had to run to the bathroom. Then had watery diarrhea for the next two days. It definitely cleansed me. I took (30mL) two more times and nothing happened [without drinking water with it] and now just took 60mL followed by a full glass of water and instantly after I was running up stairs to bathroom so while sitting here I thought I’d right a review! This stuff is gentle and gets the job done without worry!"

Unplugged (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Constipation "I am rarely constipated and am not sure what happened to cause it this time. I eat a good diet, drink plenty fluids, walk and take supplements including magnesium twice a day. My doctor recommended a stool softener and it did not help I tried a fleet which allowed some stool to come out but did not unblock. My doctors office recommend the MOM, but I resisted cause I was already taking Mag supplements. I finally tried it. Nothing after 6 hours so took another dose but did not exceed maximum. First attempt, nothing but bleeding from straining and shortly later second attempt expelled small amount from stool and again. Went to bed and in morning had urge and went again and my butt was in pain but some relief. Had my coffee and minutes later ran to the bathroom and exploded. Not diarrhea but the rest of what needed to come out. Not as bad on my butt either. Made a believer of me. Would advise to try 30ml first and repeat if doesn’t work in 6 hours."

Mission July 16, 2018

"The best relief without cramps. Drink a full glass of water (room temp) and it will have you flowing like a river. I used it to clean out my system and lost 7 pounds in week... but it’s best you time it around having access to a bathroom."

Bubble (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Constipation "Was so constipated hadn't had a BM for 5 days. I had gotten to the point where I was in the bathroom straining for hours, could feel stool trapped but not moving and no amount of pushing would move it. I felt like I was being ripped in half, could hardly walk, sit or even stand. I was in so much discomfort. I looked home remedies, by this point I was desperate and was seriously starting to worry that I would have to go to emergency and endure the embarrassment of having stool dug out of my backside. Then I came across threads for milk of magnesia and figured what did I have to lose. At 8 o'clock in the morning, got my husband to go to the pharmacy and buy me some as I was incapable of going myself at this point. Took double the recommended dose at 8:30 and by 10 I was running to the bathroom, sadly I didn't make it in time, but the relief was out of this world. Thank you MOM"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Constipation "I was backed up for a week, felt terrible, full, and bloated. I took 45 mls in the morning, but nothing all day besides gurgles, then I took another 15 mls at night. And in the morning I got the relief that I was waiting, yes some loosies, but it felt great. I went like 3-4 Times. It helped. Total lifesaver"

Girk May 7, 2018

For Constipation "Continue: I quickly went to the Walgreens which happens to be 3 minutes away from my apt! I got it and came back and immediately took the maximum dose which was 60mL and then waited for the miracle (it’s 9:55AM!) 15 mins, nothing! 30 mins! Nothing! 1 hour, 2, 3, 4! Damn! It felt like I was be punishing for something! 5 hours! No! 6! No... I felt some bowel movement! It was bubbling! I knew something is going on! Long story short, Finally after about 10 hours, at ~8pm, I was rushed to the bathroom! My doc told me not to strain! It was almost there but it wasn’t going to work without strain! I strained a little bit! And then, the miracle happened. OMGoodness the relief! It was one of the best moments of my entire life! SUCH a RELEIF!Thanks to all the scientists who made this marvelous product! "

Prophet May 1, 2018

For Constipation "Oh my goodness! This is a miracle! I had a constipation problem which was caused by medicines I had to take after an eardrum surgery. I was so sad, I was feeling horrible. I was eating for a almost 5 days without any output! Everything was just being stuck inside! I drink tons of liquids, I was eating only soups, nothing else! But it didn’t help! I couldn’t sleep well, I couldn’t concentrate on anything, I couldn’t do anything. It was unbelievably bad! FINALLY, I went through all the documents my doctor had given me for the third time! I noticed somewhere he’s mentioned a medicine called COLACE and Milk of Magnesia might help! I did a quick search and it turns out that MoM is faster than COLACE! So I quickly went to the Walgreens which happens to be 3 minutes away from my appartment! I got it and came back and immediately took the maximum dose which was 60mL and then waited for the miracle (it’s 9:55AM!) 15 mins, nothing! 30 mins! Nothing! 1 hour, 2, 3, 4! Damn! I was thinking it wasn't going to work! 5 hours! No! 6! No... I felt some bowel movement! It was bubbling! I knew something is going on! Long story short, Finally after about 10 hours, at ~8pm, I was rushed to the bathroom! My doc told me not to strain! It was almost there but it wasn’t going to work without strain! I strained it a little and then, the miracle happened and I finally went! Oh my goodness. It was one of the best moments of my entire life! SUCH a RELEIF! Finally I got to this point that MoM could easily out power all the blockages deep inside of me! Thanks to all the scientists who made this marvellous product!"

Prophet May 1, 2018

For Constipation "Ok so my body decided to pass one kidney stone from each kidney. One surgery and hospital stay with narcotic pain meds and I was severely constipated. I tried fiber, prune juice and stimulant laxative. Nothing. I was so bloated that I looked pregnant and was miserable. I happened upon a commercial for M.O.M. and sent my hubby to the store. I took the maximum dosage and within 2 hours had sweet relief."

Becca April 24, 2018

For Constipation "I was very constipated and felt HORRIBLE. I hurt so bad that all I could do was lay in bed and moan and groan. I drank MOM and got relief 2 hours later. I never write reviews but I had to give credit where it's due. I feel so much better."

Renee (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018