User Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

Learn more about Phillips' Milk of Magnesia.

Constipation 64 reviews 244 medications

8.6
Indigestion 4 reviews 255 medications

8.2
Acne 1 reviews 523 medications

Summary of Phillips' Milk of Magnesia reviews 69 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

For Constipation "I've never had problems with my bowel movements. However, I just had to have surgery and was taking a narcotic - mostly to sleep at night. I had a small bowel movement the third night home, but then felt horribly constipated. It was almost worse than the operation. It was painful, uncomfortable in my belly and bloating. I took olive oil, ate fruit, did all the things to get my body moving. I walked around for hours. Still, nothing. Finally, my mother came over with The Phillips Milk of M and I took the largest amount. Nothing right away. I became frustrated and took another two tsp. about three hours into waiting. Exactly six hours after I took the first dose my system finally kicked in - BIG TIME. It was really painful, but RELIEF."

Really worked! August 23, 2016

For Constipation "I was constipated for 6 days. I tried 1/2 citrate magnesia which only made me move once with tiny balls..nothing else.i tried prunes, oatmeal, prunes blended in oatmeal, fig newtons, bran muffin, drinking 4 to 5 glasses of water 10 mins apart, walking and nothing..I was getting impacted.. I was considering taking an enema at this point but tried MoM instead. I took two full doses which equal eight tbsp.. This was suggested to me by a nurse who knows of my previous situation in which one full dose does not work for upon impaction. I drank two full glasses of water and followed with a probiotic after reading a doctor tell someone to follow MoM with a probiotic on healthtrap. it took about 6 hours and a few glasses of water and I can sleep now"

KimKJ August 23, 2016

For Constipation "as an occasional user, MoM is the most dependable and gentle laxative I've ever used."

effective and gentle (taken for 10 years or more) August 20, 2016

For Constipation "I never get constipated. I usually poop at least twice per day, so when I woke up yesterday and felt like I had to poop, but could not get it out, no matter how hard I pushed, I soon enough found myself in an immense amount of pain and discomfort. I ate oatmeal, a whole bag of frozen spinach doused in butter, and drank herbal tea, to no avail. After finding the helpful reviews on this board, I asked my fiancée to pick up some MoM for me, on his way home today. I took 4tbs at about 8:00pm and at around 10:30pm, I was finally able to poop! I've had a few explosive diarrheas since, but at this point, I do NOT care, it just felt so good to go! MoM tastes pretty vile, but it works!"

Girls Poop 2 August 12, 2016

For Indigestion "I have acid reflux and I love food, sometimes or most of the time I eat too much of the wrong foods and pay for it. Phillips mom relieves the pressure and is a blessing when I'm stuffed up and no bowel movement occurs so there's only discomfort. I also sleep so much better after going a cpl times, thank God for this magical medicine."

Redz Da Chit August 9, 2016

For Constipation "I had never been constipated before and was getting really Fed up. I was going to try MOM but my pharmacist recommend senokot along with lactulose. I tried these for a couple of days but neither was working. By day 6 I resorted to MOM knowing I had the following day off. I took 5tbsp at 12:00am and by 3:00am I had a normal gentle BM, with no cramping or side effects. Highly recommended!"

Cloudy123 August 4, 2016

For Constipation "I was constipated for 3 days, very uncomfortable, in pain, so I figured I would give this a try. It worked wonderful. I took the highest dose, 4 tbsp, about 3 hours later I finally pooped, then pooped 3 more times through the day. Needless to say I felt much better! I definitely recommend this, even for the worst constipation, it definitely cleans you out. Oh yeah, I bought the mint flavor, which isn't that bad, you just have to get past the chalkiness of it. Just shoot it down quick. I will be using this again for future problems, maybe try another flavor, I would imagine they are all probably chalky."

No more poop problems July 22, 2016

For Constipation "I am 21 and have struggled with IBS-C for two years now. My doctor has me do colon cleanses when I am severely constipated. So I was prescribed to take the 4 tablespoons of MOM. It took a little over 5 hours to kick in and when it does you'll know. The first few hours were awful with the gurgling and cramping in my stomach. At one point I was going to take more because it seemed to not be working. DONT. It will work and you will feel so much better !"

IBS-C Help July 16, 2016

For Constipation "This was my first time using Milk of Mag for 3-4 days of constipation. I took a small amount 1 tablespoon the 1st night (I only weigh 108 lbs) with no results. The next day I tried 1 1/2 tbpns also without any help for my ah "problem". That night I took 2 tablespoons and oh boy the next day I suffered! I finally went but towards the end it was mostly water and my stomach cramped up like crazy every time. Not fun. I think I would only use this again if I was severely constipated. Good luck!"

Anonimal (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2016

For Constipation "I've had issues with constipation since October 2015. The doctor had me on Miralax daily until I got into the Gastroenterologist in April. He gave me samples of Amitiza and told me to try it on the weekend. It was horrible cramps, gas and bloating. So I went back to Miralax. Then my regular doctor suggested Milk of Magnesia. I took some before I went to bed last night 7/4/16. I was awakened at 4:30 a.m. with pain worse then labor pains. I filled the toilet bowel with what looked like snack pack chocolate pudding. Terrible gas pains stomach just knotting up and turning. I have my colonoscopy scheduled for 7/8/16. I hope the prep they gave me doesn't have the same affect on me. My stomach is still messed up 24 hours later."

Nettie2016 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Constipation "I'm very pleased with the outcome of this medication although it did not work as fast as I had anticipated. I had constipation for 2 days and the prescribed medication for constipation use because of opioids did not work, so I reached for the MoM. I took 4 tablespoons last night and nothing happened. Finally took another 4 tablespoons this afternoon and it worked in an hour. No cramping. Very gentle. Thank you MoM"

Anonymous June 19, 2016

For Constipation "Taking pain killers for shingles I was constantly bloated and in pain with constipation. In fact my stools where impacted. I tried several laxatives to no avail. Then I remembered as a child mum giving us milk of magnesia. So got a bottle from chemist. I did as the instructions said 1 5mils. It worked a treat."

JanetMF June 15, 2016

For Constipation "I suffer from chronic constipation ever since I was a toddler (now 25 yrs). My boyfriend is a nurse and suggested this to me about 7 months ago. It definitely works, although each time has been a slightly different experience. It doesn't work well on a full stomach I have noticed. Don't drink too much water either or your butt may explode. I took it today after being constipated for 3 days at about 1pm and had my first poop at about 3:30pm. It is now 5:50pm and I've been to the bathroom every 10 minutes pooping out straight water. I have had perfect poops with this stuff and also experiences like this with mass amounts of diarrhea. I also have suffered nausea today and a couple of other times. My lower abdomen is also sensitive to the touch"

Missy97404 June 10, 2016

For Indigestion "The first time I had taken MoM, it was for a few days constipation, and it worked overnight- I took the 1 tbsp (concentrate version) around 10pm before bed. It made me feel a bit nauseated, but I finally fell asleep and woke up around 8am to have a healthy movement. The second time I took MoM, it was for pretty bad indigestion and bloating, and I took the same dose as before, thinking I had until morning, at around 10:30pm. I was awoken at about 1am with the feeling like I had to pass gas, and I almost did, but not wanting to trust it, I carried myself to the throne, and I've been sitting here for 30 minutes now, with ALMOST diarrhea. Again, I felt nauseous taking it this time."

Finally Going Steady (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

For Constipation "I used to use this for years. But recently I have been constipated due to my medications. I bought a bottle and when I used it (according to instructions 2 tbsp for an adult) it made me very ill. I was nauseated and I was vomiting. I thought it was just a bad bottle, so I went and bought another one and the same thing happened when I used it. I don't know if they changed something with the ingredients but this is the first time this stuff made me sick."

Cat22556 May 29, 2016

For Constipation "Been constipated for 2 days now. Bought the cherry flavor and took the indicated at night by the morning have never felt so good felt the bloating go away also. Poop my guts out "

Bananaana May 19, 2016

For Constipation "Clonidine for high blood pressure works great but causes severe constipation.My doctor did not help.I tried this last night and it was a lifesaver. I had been in so much pain that I was considering an er visit."

sunnygardens May 12, 2016

For Constipation "I was constipated for over a week and took 4 table spoons. Works like a charm. It's 3am right now and I am sharting and exploding lol"

notsoslimshady (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Constipation "I have been backed up for 3 days, and I am miserable. Took MoM yesterday, and nothing. Horrible cramping and lots of gurgling in belly. Called off sick 2 day and am getting ready to take second dose. Have no appetite at all. I pray this works..."

poopless in ohio April 29, 2016

For Constipation "I was taking pain medication because of tonsilectomy and hadn't had any bowel movements in 5 Nights I took 6 TSP on the 5th night and went to sleep with nothing in the morning,I then drank some water and had another 6 TSP in the morning and waiting 1 hour which promptly has been clearing my bowels.I haven't pooped myself like many others"

Slurp April 19, 2016

For Constipation "Constipated. Took recommended dose, went to bed, slept well, got up, had coffee, breakfast, off to the bathroom. Regular evacuation, like old times, no problems, soft, controlled!! No problems, back to regular, once a day, like times past!! Life saver, love Milk of Magnesia!! Will use again, when needed, if constipation is more than two/three days long."

UncleRemus April 18, 2016

For Indigestion "I think its a double edged sword, apparently I had some stomach flu or food poisoning, Symptoms were heartburn gas bloating and constipation. Took a few tablespoons of MOM. It did help with the constipation and gas, initially, unfortunately the side effects are gas and nausea. I have experienced gas and nausea from magnesium supplements before. So while it did help with my condition, I don't think overall its worthwhile for gas and heartburn, as it can irritate the stomach! At least mine anyway."

Pdelia (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

For Constipation "I have been constipated for 20 YEARS due to a brain injury/nerve damage. Bottom line is I don't have a bowel movement without "help" EVER. I've usually go around 2-3 weeks without having one. Anyway this stuff is a lifesaver. I've tried everything. It's reliable and it doesn't hurt like other laxatives do. There can be slight cramping but that's to be expected when you haven't pooped in 20 days. Anyway I take it on an empty stomach, followed by a large glass of water (or three). The more water you drink the more violent it will be but I don't care as long as I feel better. I take it during the day, not before bed. This way there are no accidents and it works much faster (in the time it takes to start 'going' AND the time it lasts)"

Pokey pooper (taken for 10 years or more) April 16, 2016

For Constipation "Oh my word! This stuff saved my life. It took the maximum 6 hr time to work. And it only softened half the load the other half was a runny nightmare. I compared my constipation pain level to having a child. I was in the bathroom 20 times thinking.... This is it!! This is it!!!! Just to be let down and hurting with more cramping. But when it finally softened it up just enough to get that biggie out the rest came tumbling right after. Got to love methadone. I haven't been taking in as much water as I should and have been eating way to much I've cream. (Hint, dairy makes matters worse). What a horrible night. Give it time. It'll work one way or another lol"

Runner Brown (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

For Constipation "Had not had a movement for 3 days and felt pressure in stomach. Took large dose at bedtime. It worked very well, in fact too well. It worked while I was sleeping, first time I've soiled my bed since infancy."

Rsattahip March 8, 2016