User Reviews for Lithium to treat Schizoaffective Disorder

Also known as: Lithium Carbonate ER, Lithobid

Lithium Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Schizoaffective Disorder.

Reviews for Lithium

John · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 29, 2019

“I had psychotic symptoms and rapidly fluctuating symptoms despite taking Lithium. Lithium also caused me to wake up in the middle of every night to pee and to not be able to hold pee for long. 1800 mg (900 Extended Release twice a day) got my lithium blood level to 0.9 which was recommended for anti-manic effect.”

Sara September 27, 2018

“Great experience with 150mg of lithium. Worked to completely stabilize me. I'm so relieved. Wish I had tried it sooner. The other psych meds didn't work for my schizoaffective bipolar.”

cobweb · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 12, 2017

“Lithium has finally pulled me out of a constant rapid cycling mixed state, which consisted of depression, paranoia, psychosis, agitation and extreme anxiety. I occasionally feel poorly in hot environments, nausea and dizziness. I think I get some fluid retention in the heat I didn't get prior to lithium. I was very unwell before starting this drug, and it has made me feel a lot better mentally, more stable and calmed down.”

angelofobsession September 7, 2017

“I have autism spectrum disorder/schizophrenia an this stops me from getting overly angry or aggressive”

Anonymous November 27, 2016

“Lithuim has definitely been a life saver for me. I've been taking lithium for about four months and finally feel normal..besides the side effects of extreme thirst and weight gain I can deal with..I just love the fact that I have my life back”

gertie67 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 24, 2013

Lithobid (lithium): “Most effective medicine I've had so far. Unfortunately, had to stop taking due to kidney effects.”

Anonymous April 8, 2012

Lithonate (lithium): “Helped with some impulsive behaviors like fighting or just in general going off on people.”

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Lithobid (lithium): “Suicidal thoughts and cutting/burning (Self-harming) was almost nonexistent.”

Learn more about Schizoaffective Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)