User Reviews for Linzess

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 199 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation

"Excellent. But after using for ten plus years, and taking polyethylene glycol twice daily, it needs to be increased. Can I go higher than 290 mg a day?"

Chlewis5704 (taken for 10 years or more) October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been given the 290 samples and I'm usually tied down to the toilet for about 3 to 4 hours afterwards. I've only been on the 290mcg for three days. I called my doctor to see if I could get the 145mcg and I am starting those tomorrow. I do have to say my cramps have gone down tremendously even though I get then here and there. But nothing what they used to be. Here's to hoping the 145 works better!"

Toiletgirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Linzess 290 after I had surgery for an anal abscess which resulted in an anal fistula. I was told I had an infected anal gland which could have been caused by blocked stool due to prolonged constipation. It is very important that I keep from being constipated as this condition could occur again. I am worried about the explosive diarrhea that happens every morning for about an hour. I wonder how this constant diarrhea affects the colon. If I skip a day I do not have a BM but I think I need to give my colon a rest every other day. Hoping once I have been on Linzess for awhile the diarrhea will subside."

Bonzie (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started 145mcg dosage and have been on one a day for the last five days. I'm now stopping this medication and will never take it again. It helped a little the first couple days, however, the lower abdominal pain is just too intense AND.. I HAVE A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HEADACHE that I cannot get rid of , plus the sneezing started and I have awful cold/sinus symptoms.. I feel so incredibly sick.. stopping it and praying these side effects subside asap:(... there a more natural ways to help with my issues and this medicine is just no good.."

CPM (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have found perfect combo for me. I take one Linzess (145 MCG) at least one hour before breakfast and a tbs of Citracel orange drink every morning. Linzess alone lost its effectiveness within a few weeks. I am 5' tall 110 lbs 75 years young. This combo keeps me as regular as clockwork for now."

Miss med April 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Taking this now for 5 weeks and I feel good but I have severe diarrhea so I have stopped and have an appt next week with my Dr."

Pfromyourbuttlol (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Chronic constipation has been a problem most of my life. I was on Zelnorm, until it was take of the market by the FDA. I have had serious complications due to my constipation, including having to be surgically unimpacted last yr after neck surgery. Almost was the end for me, I was septic. Full recovery, and put on Linzess 5 months ago, and it's been a miracle for me. Yes, I do get some gas, and can't leave home right away, it's sudden and quick when it works. I've gotten use to the small side effects now. I go everyday, and I have had NO more issues with constipation. I love Linzess!"

Bethhg22 January 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given Linzess from my VA GI doctor. At first it didn't work and I had these explosive episodes of diarrhea, the Dr said to cut back on it which I did. All I can say is that it works for me. I haven't had any tummy spasms. I go to the restroom more often. After years of trying to figure out what was wrong I can honestly say I am happy with the results."

cocobrown January 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It worked for a week perfectly then stopped working. I am wondering if laxative plus linzess is the way to go."

Atkin (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My experience is only a week old, and I'm here to see what other users have diarrhea during the initial two weeks of taking Linzess. But I did want to reply to Bronx boy's fears about what will help him if this doesn't. Magnesium. I deeply understand his fear, as there's nothing worse than constipation. Before Linzess, I took a product called CALM, which is a fizzy drink of magnesium citrate. IT WORKS! My problem with it is it woke me up in the night - works fast. I've found, during these initial days of taking Linzess, that I can still take CALM in the morning if I have that miserable "incomplete" feeling, and CALM will work within an hour on an empty stomach. I rated it at 5 at this point pending further experience."

reply to Bronx boy (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Before I took this medication I read many reviews from others so that I could make sure that I wanted to take as some of the reviews made me think twice about taking them. Based on the review of someone on here I decided to take mine with 20oz of water and while I had a little bit of bloating for about an hour or so that and other than diarrhea about 2 hours later for 15 mins I was fine. The bloating I did find uncomfortable for that time but once I went to the bathroom I was fine. I have only been on it a week but I have learned when to take it how long it takes to kick in and for the side effects to fade. So far so good just a helpful tip is to make sure you are drinking enough water too. I drink about a liter within an hour of taking."

TV326 August 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug has been marked incredible in my book. I went from going to the bathroom once every 1-2 WEEKS to once every few days once I started taking Linzess how it's directed. I would take it with a full glass of water 30 mins before breakfast and would have a a am within the next morning or so. Well I have been trying something new which seems to be working much better. My wife and I usually eat dinner pretty late so we eat around 9:30-10 and then I chill for about an hour. I take a Linzess and go to bed. Each morning I have waken up to a BM after my alarm goes off at 6:00. It is a solid but very easy go. I am amazed and had to share just in case I can help someone else "

Shermjack August 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Going on the fourth day with no results"

Holdenville (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm so excited to have found this medication! Nothing worked before to cure my constipation besides stimulant laxatives and enemas, and with my family history of colon cancer I wanted to avoid the stimulants. I have a regular morning bm now which is SO different from my weekly decision of what drugs to take to force it out. I'm on the lowest dose. But I had a bunch of drinks for the first time and the combination of alcohol and Linzess gave me horrible diarrhea all night long. Diarrhea never REALLY bothers me, but I thought it is an annoying effect if it'll happen every time."

JessBrownie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is a life changing amazing medication. I found that it works best for me if I do not eat past 6pm and then take the pill before bed around 9 or 10 pm. Then I go to the bathroom in the morning 2-3 times before work and I have never felt better. I have to much energy now and a flatter not bloated painful stomach!! I know it does not work for everyone but it worked for me and if you have issued you should try this for sure. I had to play with the time I took it for awhile but now that I have it dialed in I hope I never have to live without it!!"

Ipoopedtoday! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I been taking Linzess going to be a month. It hasn't work on me, just gives me more Ga.s No it doesn't make me go to bathroom "Sad Momy""

No Happy April 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've only been on this med about one week, but it worked immediately. My intestinal motility was vastly improved, I had no cramps, stomach pains or discomfort. The only side effects I've experience is diarrhea with some urgency, and a SLIGHT increase in gas but with no bloating. I haven't taken any of the significant amount of laxatives I've had to take in the past, the Lizness is all I've had to take. I'm hoping that overtime the urgency for the diarrhea will adjust (I don't mind the diarrhea itself, it's far preferable to the uncomfortable constipation!)"

ceezbabe (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have no opinion on linzess as a patient - never used it, never needed to. I just have a giant problem with your ads on TV. You have, arguably, the lamest, most boring and most unimaginative ads. Do you not have any form of supervision/editing/oversight? I mean, you don't needed to be computer savvy to better what you have on TV; literally anything with some form of imagination would be better. Please."

Jay_ March 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I think I just worry to much after reading other peoples experiences! But after one constipation experience I started to worry even more! I had a 2 cup of blood BM! I'm 82 and wish for a short-cut! Seems all Laxative Meds do what they want to! I wish I had been accepting that fact sooner!"

franzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Linzess has completely changed my life. I am a 28 yr old male who was constantly living with bloatedness and constipation. I would have very irregular bowel movements (once every 2 to 3 days on average) and was not getting enough sleep due to having a constant "dull" pain in my gut. I tried everything from cleanses, fiber, a cleaner diet, and also another drug (amitiza) for help. Nothing was working long term and I still felt drained of my energy. My doctor wrote me a prescription for Linzess (145mcg dose) and after day 1 I no longer felt bloated and after about a week my energy level was completely restored.I feel like a completely new person. Some minor diarrhea if taken later in the day. Nothing major though, no other side effects."

Joshua Males (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 87 yr old with increasing diarrhea for the last few years. I Was diagnosed about a year ago with possible IBS. Dr. gave Rx for Lenzess which caused severe diarrhea. So only took occasionally then began taking regularly about 6 months ago as prescribed. Had response within an hour With diarrhea 6 to 8 episodes For next 3 to 4 hours. It seems to work fine, but did not produce a normal BM. Because the diarrhea every day was so disruptive.The Dr.changed the Rx to every other day and still had good results. Changed time Rx taken to 30 min b4 the evening meal . Rx seem take longer to work but is a lot less disruptive to my day.Things may never return to normal, but they are a lot better with Lenzess!"

Jrb1928 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used to have to use an enema 2-3 times a week, but now I take 145 microgram capsule with hot coffee in the morning. After about an hour, this usually results in several trips to the toilet. But (no pun intended), once I'm done, I'm done! Waiting for the BMs to finish is a pain in the bottom, but overall it works for better for me."

Jenny57 January 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've suffered from constipation for most of my life, I started using Linzess about 2 months ago and it's prevented me from getting in the shape that I was in but I don't feel as if it's regulating me nor cleansing my bowels. I can't take it as directed because I work in the AM. Every dose I take it bloats me and I'll have either a lot of explosive diarrhea or no bowel moments at all. I'm thankful for the relieve it gives me but I'm afraid I'm getting use to the medicine and my body isn't reacting to is as it did in the beginning. But I do know that when taken as directed with lots of water the Linzess works a lot better. :)"

Linzess User (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am allergic to this product against the skin rashes stuffed up sinuses headache puffy eyes Redskin uncontrol sneezing dry mouth sore throat achy all over and vomiting"

ALHAWEB (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A bowel movement occurs about an hour to two hours after taking the drug. It is a complete bowel movement and relieves the constipation. I suggest taking a full glass of water with it to get your system going before breakfast"

Ton Terrific (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2015