User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 186 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation

"Taking this now for 5 weeks and I feel good but I have severe diarrhea so I have stopped and have an appt next week with my Dr."

Pfromyourbuttlol (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Chronic constipation has been a problem most of my life. I was on Zelnorm, until it was take of the market by the FDA. I have had serious complications due to my constipation, including having to be surgically unimpacted last yr after neck surgery. Almost was the end for me, I was septic. Full recovery, and put on Linzess 5 months ago, and it's been a miracle for me. Yes, I do get some gas, and can't leave home right away, it's sudden and quick when it works. I've gotten use to the small side effects now. I go everyday, and I have had NO more issues with constipation. I love Linzess!"

Bethhg22 January 29, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was given Linzess from my VA GI doctor. At first it didn't work and I had these explosive episodes of diarrhea, the Dr said to cut back on it which I did. All I can say is that it works for me. I haven't had any tummy spasms. I go to the restroom more often. After years of trying to figure out what was wrong I can honestly say I am happy with the results."

cocobrown January 5, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It worked for a week perfectly then stopped working. I am wondering if laxative plus linzess is the way to go."

Atkin (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My experience is only a week old, and I'm here to see what other users have diarrhea during the initial two weeks of taking Linzess. But I did want to reply to Bronx boy's fears about what will help him if this doesn't. Magnesium. I deeply understand his fear, as there's nothing worse than constipation. Before Linzess, I took a product called CALM, which is a fizzy drink of magnesium citrate. IT WORKS! My problem with it is it woke me up in the night - works fast. I've found, during these initial days of taking Linzess, that I can still take CALM in the morning if I have that miserable "incomplete" feeling, and CALM will work within an hour on an empty stomach. I rated it at 5 at this point pending further experience."

reply to Bronx boy (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Before I took this medication I read many reviews from others so that I could make sure that I wanted to take as some of the reviews made me think twice about taking them. Based on the review of someone on here I decided to take mine with 20oz of water and while I had a little bit of bloating for about an hour or so that and other than diarrhea about 2 hours later for 15 mins I was fine. The bloating I did find uncomfortable for that time but once I went to the bathroom I was fine. I have only been on it a week but I have learned when to take it how long it takes to kick in and for the side effects to fade. So far so good just a helpful tip is to make sure you are drinking enough water too. I drink about a liter within an hour of taking."

TV326 August 23, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug has been marked incredible in my book. I went from going to the bathroom once every 1-2 WEEKS to once every few days once I started taking Linzess how it's directed. I would take it with a full glass of water 30 mins before breakfast and would have a a am within the next morning or so. Well I have been trying something new which seems to be working much better. My wife and I usually eat dinner pretty late so we eat around 9:30-10 and then I chill for about an hour. I take a Linzess and go to bed. Each morning I have waken up to a BM after my alarm goes off at 6:00. It is a solid but very easy go. I am amazed and had to share just in case I can help someone else "

Shermjack August 5, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Going on the fourth day with no results"

Holdenville (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm so excited to have found this medication! Nothing worked before to cure my constipation besides stimulant laxatives and enemas, and with my family history of colon cancer I wanted to avoid the stimulants. I have a regular morning bm now which is SO different from my weekly decision of what drugs to take to force it out. I'm on the lowest dose. But I had a bunch of drinks for the first time and the combination of alcohol and Linzess gave me horrible diarrhea all night long. Diarrhea never REALLY bothers me, but I thought it is an annoying effect if it'll happen every time."

JessBrownie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is a life changing amazing medication. I found that it works best for me if I do not eat past 6pm and then take the pill before bed around 9 or 10 pm. Then I go to the bathroom in the morning 2-3 times before work and I have never felt better. I have to much energy now and a flatter not bloated painful stomach!! I know it does not work for everyone but it worked for me and if you have issued you should try this for sure. I had to play with the time I took it for awhile but now that I have it dialed in I hope I never have to live without it!!"

Ipoopedtoday! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I been taking Linzess going to be a month. It hasn't work on me, just gives me more Ga.s No it doesn't make me go to bathroom "Sad Momy""

No Happy April 10, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've only been on this med about one week, but it worked immediately. My intestinal motility was vastly improved, I had no cramps, stomach pains or discomfort. The only side effects I've experience is diarrhea with some urgency, and a SLIGHT increase in gas but with no bloating. I haven't taken any of the significant amount of laxatives I've had to take in the past, the Lizness is all I've had to take. I'm hoping that overtime the urgency for the diarrhea will adjust (I don't mind the diarrhea itself, it's far preferable to the uncomfortable constipation!)"

ceezbabe (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have no opinion on linzess as a patient - never used it, never needed to. I just have a giant problem with your ads on TV. You have, arguably, the lamest, most boring and most unimaginative ads. Do you not have any form of supervision/editing/oversight? I mean, you don't needed to be computer savvy to better what you have on TV; literally anything with some form of imagination would be better. Please."

Jay_ March 18, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I think I just worry to much after reading other peoples experiences! But after one constipation experience I started to worry even more! I had a 2 cup of blood BM! I'm 82 and wish for a short-cut! Seems all Laxative Meds do what they want to! I wish I had been accepting that fact sooner!"

franzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Linzess has completely changed my life. I am a 28 yr old male who was constantly living with bloatedness and constipation. I would have very irregular bowel movements (once every 2 to 3 days on average) and was not getting enough sleep due to having a constant "dull" pain in my gut. I tried everything from cleanses, fiber, a cleaner diet, and also another drug (amitiza) for help. Nothing was working long term and I still felt drained of my energy. My doctor wrote me a prescription for Linzess (145mcg dose) and after day 1 I no longer felt bloated and after about a week my energy level was completely restored.I feel like a completely new person. Some minor diarrhea if taken later in the day. Nothing major though, no other side effects."

Joshua Males (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a 87 yr old with increasing diarrhea for the last few years. I Was diagnosed about a year ago with possible IBS. Dr. gave Rx for Lenzess which caused severe diarrhea. So only took occasionally then began taking regularly about 6 months ago as prescribed. Had response within an hour With diarrhea 6 to 8 episodes For next 3 to 4 hours. It seems to work fine, but did not produce a normal BM. Because the diarrhea every day was so disruptive.The Dr.changed the Rx to every other day and still had good results. Changed time Rx taken to 30 min b4 the evening meal . Rx seem take longer to work but is a lot less disruptive to my day.Things may never return to normal, but they are a lot better with Lenzess!"

Jrb1928 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used to have to use an enema 2-3 times a week, but now I take 145 microgram capsule with hot coffee in the morning. After about an hour, this usually results in several trips to the toilet. But (no pun intended), once I'm done, I'm done! Waiting for the BMs to finish is a pain in the bottom, but overall it works for better for me."

Jenny57 January 27, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've suffered from constipation for most of my life, I started using Linzess about 2 months ago and it's prevented me from getting in the shape that I was in but I don't feel as if it's regulating me nor cleansing my bowels. I can't take it as directed because I work in the AM. Every dose I take it bloats me and I'll have either a lot of explosive diarrhea or no bowel moments at all. I'm thankful for the relieve it gives me but I'm afraid I'm getting use to the medicine and my body isn't reacting to is as it did in the beginning. But I do know that when taken as directed with lots of water the Linzess works a lot better. :)"

Linzess User (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am allergic to this product against the skin rashes stuffed up sinuses headache puffy eyes Redskin uncontrol sneezing dry mouth sore throat achy all over and vomiting"

ALHAWEB (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"A bowel movement occurs about an hour to two hours after taking the drug. It is a complete bowel movement and relieves the constipation. I suggest taking a full glass of water with it to get your system going before breakfast"

Ton Terrific (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Makes you go with 3-5 hours of diarrhea. Also have severe cramps/abdominal pain. May take this once in a while as it does clean the system. Will not take daily due to severe pain about 10 hours after taking the pill"

Me123234 October 27, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had a weeks sample of Linzess 290 after feeling backed up and having small hard bms for a year. Definitely did the job when taken as directed. Cons would be the "oh no I may poop myself in public" feeling, which happened a few times, and realizing not to take it if you have nothing in your gut from the previous day. My gut actually started feeling normal for the first time ever. Took a week to get a prescription, and my symptoms immediately returned. Restarted the script, which again works nearly immediately. Although this time around, maybe just by chance, I developed my first cold in 13 years, with symptoms start in the day I restarted Linzess . Now I am riding that out. Plan to continue med as long as this cold disappears."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Yesterday got samples from my G I doctor for Linzess, took it this afternoon 30 minutes before eating anything, had a yogurt then got very bad cramps, pains and bloating within 1 hr of taking it. Its now hours later and I have been having very bad runs . Will not be taking this medicine anymore. Calling doctor yo let her know the bad side effects."

Mar K October 2, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had constipation for almost two weeks, so my doctor gave me linzess in the 290 mcg dose. I was a little nervous about taking the medication, so I took the pamphlet out of the bottle packaging to read the side effects. The only serious side effects listed were diarrhea and stomach pain. So, I took ONE pill. In the matter of thirty minutes I was reacting with hives and was having a serious reaction, I felt completely loopy and I wasn't able to function properly. As I went to the emergency room, my sister notices it says hives as a rare and serious side effect of this drug on web sites only. NOTHING WAS LISTED ON THE BOTTLE! I don't trust this drug, and it didn't even help me go to the bathroom. I do not recommend this drug to anyone."

Kate 0302 September 27, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I literally want to kiss the person who invented Linzess!! It saved my life from feeling miserable from constipation. It truly is a miracle drug. I only now take it once or twice a week now, but it's certainly the price to feel good again! Thank you a billion times!"

Janny g August 23, 2015