User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 185 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation

"Before I took this medication I read many reviews from others so that I could make sure that I wanted to take as some of the reviews made me think twice about taking them. Based on the review of someone on here I decided to take mine with 20oz of water and while I had a little bit of bloating for about an hour or so that and other than diarrhea about 2 hours later for 15 mins I was fine. The bloating I did find uncomfortable for that time but once I went to the bathroom I was fine. I have only been on it a week but I have learned when to take it how long it takes to kick in and for the side effects to fade. So far so good just a helpful tip is to make sure you are drinking enough water too. I drink about a liter within an hour of taking."

TV326 August 23, 2016

"This drug has been marked incredible in my book. I went from going to the bathroom once every 1-2 WEEKS to once every few days once I started taking Linzess how it's directed. I would take it with a full glass of water 30 mins before breakfast and would have a a am within the next morning or so. Well I have been trying something new which seems to be working much better. My wife and I usually eat dinner pretty late so we eat around 9:30-10 and then I chill for about an hour. I take a Linzess and go to bed. Each morning I have waken up to a BM after my alarm goes off at 6:00. It is a solid but very easy go. I am amazed and had to share just in case I can help someone else "

Shermjack August 5, 2016

"Going on the fourth day with no results"

Holdenville (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

"I'm so excited to have found this medication! Nothing worked before to cure my constipation besides stimulant laxatives and enemas, and with my family history of colon cancer I wanted to avoid the stimulants. I have a regular morning bm now which is SO different from my weekly decision of what drugs to take to force it out. I'm on the lowest dose. But I had a bunch of drinks for the first time and the combination of alcohol and Linzess gave me horrible diarrhea all night long. Diarrhea never REALLY bothers me, but I thought it is an annoying effect if it'll happen every time."

JessBrownie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

"This is a life changing amazing medication. I found that it works best for me if I do not eat past 6pm and then take the pill before bed around 9 or 10 pm. Then I go to the bathroom in the morning 2-3 times before work and I have never felt better. I have to much energy now and a flatter not bloated painful stomach!! I know it does not work for everyone but it worked for me and if you have issued you should try this for sure. I had to play with the time I took it for awhile but now that I have it dialed in I hope I never have to live without it!!"

Ipoopedtoday! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2016

"I been taking Linzess going to be a month. It hasn't work on me, just gives me more Ga.s No it doesn't make me go to bathroom "Sad Momy""

No Happy April 10, 2016

"I've only been on this med about one week, but it worked immediately. My intestinal motility was vastly improved, I had no cramps, stomach pains or discomfort. The only side effects I've experience is diarrhea with some urgency, and a SLIGHT increase in gas but with no bloating. I haven't taken any of the significant amount of laxatives I've had to take in the past, the Lizness is all I've had to take. I'm hoping that overtime the urgency for the diarrhea will adjust (I don't mind the diarrhea itself, it's far preferable to the uncomfortable constipation!)"

ceezbabe (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

"I have no opinion on linzess as a patient - never used it, never needed to. I just have a giant problem with your ads on TV. You have, arguably, the lamest, most boring and most unimaginative ads. Do you not have any form of supervision/editing/oversight? I mean, you don't needed to be computer savvy to better what you have on TV; literally anything with some form of imagination would be better. Please."

Jay_ March 18, 2016

"I think I just worry to much after reading other peoples experiences! But after one constipation experience I started to worry even more! I had a 2 cup of blood BM! I'm 82 and wish for a short-cut! Seems all Laxative Meds do what they want to! I wish I had been accepting that fact sooner!"

franzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2016

"Linzess has completely changed my life. I am a 28 yr old male who was constantly living with bloatedness and constipation. I would have very irregular bowel movements (once every 2 to 3 days on average) and was not getting enough sleep due to having a constant "dull" pain in my gut. I tried everything from cleanses, fiber, a cleaner diet, and also another drug (amitiza) for help. Nothing was working long term and I still felt drained of my energy. My doctor wrote me a prescription for Linzess (145mcg dose) and after day 1 I no longer felt bloated and after about a week my energy level was completely restored.I feel like a completely new person. Some minor diarrhea if taken later in the day. Nothing major though, no other side effects."

Joshua Males (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

"I am a 87 yr old with increasing diarrhea for the last few years. I Was diagnosed about a year ago with possible IBS. Dr. gave Rx for Lenzess which caused severe diarrhea. So only took occasionally then began taking regularly about 6 months ago as prescribed. Had response within an hour With diarrhea 6 to 8 episodes For next 3 to 4 hours. It seems to work fine, but did not produce a normal BM. Because the diarrhea every day was so disruptive.The Dr.changed the Rx to every other day and still had good results. Changed time Rx taken to 30 min b4 the evening meal . Rx seem take longer to work but is a lot less disruptive to my day.Things may never return to normal, but they are a lot better with Lenzess!"

Jrb1928 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2016

"I used to have to use an enema 2-3 times a week, but now I take 145 microgram capsule with hot coffee in the morning. After about an hour, this usually results in several trips to the toilet. But (no pun intended), once I'm done, I'm done! Waiting for the BMs to finish is a pain in the bottom, but overall it works for better for me."

Jenny57 January 27, 2016

"I've suffered from constipation for most of my life, I started using Linzess about 2 months ago and it's prevented me from getting in the shape that I was in but I don't feel as if it's regulating me nor cleansing my bowels. I can't take it as directed because I work in the AM. Every dose I take it bloats me and I'll have either a lot of explosive diarrhea or no bowel moments at all. I'm thankful for the relieve it gives me but I'm afraid I'm getting use to the medicine and my body isn't reacting to is as it did in the beginning. But I do know that when taken as directed with lots of water the Linzess works a lot better. :)"

Linzess User (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2016

"I am allergic to this product against the skin rashes stuffed up sinuses headache puffy eyes Redskin uncontrol sneezing dry mouth sore throat achy all over and vomiting"

ALHAWEB (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2015

"A bowel movement occurs about an hour to two hours after taking the drug. It is a complete bowel movement and relieves the constipation. I suggest taking a full glass of water with it to get your system going before breakfast"

Ton Terrific (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2015

"Makes you go with 3-5 hours of diarrhea. Also have severe cramps/abdominal pain. May take this once in a while as it does clean the system. Will not take daily due to severe pain about 10 hours after taking the pill"

Me123234 October 27, 2015

"Had a weeks sample of Linzess 290 after feeling backed up and having small hard bms for a year. Definitely did the job when taken as directed. Cons would be the "oh no I may poop myself in public" feeling, which happened a few times, and realizing not to take it if you have nothing in your gut from the previous day. My gut actually started feeling normal for the first time ever. Took a week to get a prescription, and my symptoms immediately returned. Restarted the script, which again works nearly immediately. Although this time around, maybe just by chance, I developed my first cold in 13 years, with symptoms start in the day I restarted Linzess . Now I am riding that out. Plan to continue med as long as this cold disappears."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

"Yesterday got samples from my G I doctor for Linzess, took it this afternoon 30 minutes before eating anything, had a yogurt then got very bad cramps, pains and bloating within 1 hr of taking it. Its now hours later and I have been having very bad runs . Will not be taking this medicine anymore. Calling doctor yo let her know the bad side effects."

Mar K October 2, 2015

"I have had constipation for almost two weeks, so my doctor gave me linzess in the 290 mcg dose. I was a little nervous about taking the medication, so I took the pamphlet out of the bottle packaging to read the side effects. The only serious side effects listed were diarrhea and stomach pain. So, I took ONE pill. In the matter of thirty minutes I was reacting with hives and was having a serious reaction, I felt completely loopy and I wasn't able to function properly. As I went to the emergency room, my sister notices it says hives as a rare and serious side effect of this drug on web sites only. NOTHING WAS LISTED ON THE BOTTLE! I don't trust this drug, and it didn't even help me go to the bathroom. I do not recommend this drug to anyone."

Kate 0302 September 27, 2015

"I literally want to kiss the person who invented Linzess!! It saved my life from feeling miserable from constipation. It truly is a miracle drug. I only now take it once or twice a week now, but it's certainly the price to feel good again! Thank you a billion times!"

Janny g August 23, 2015

"IBS-C taking herbs off and on for years. Started taking it in am before eating. I'm busy all day and don't eat until around 2pm- 4pm so this did nothing for me. She said to take it later with food. This caused me to interrupt my work day with a couple hour "break", Tried again in evening with food if I remembered to take it by 5pm and it was great. I would be able to go before bedtime, however take it too late, up for hours - not a pleasant experience. This May I stopped taking it, just herbs and tea now. I'm convinced it ruined my hair. I'm really small and have ADHD, so I need my vitamins and what food I eat to be absorbed into me, this stripped me of nutrients."

Heth July 23, 2015

"Got sample from my MD and was told to take one capsule each day. On the day that I received them I took as prescribed... 30 minutes before meal. I waited exactly that 30 minutes before I had lunch and 2 hours later I was no longer constipated. No side affects with my one dose."

G eyes July 15, 2015

"I was prescribed this drug due to chronic constipation due to hyperparathyroid. It helps most days, but only if I take Senokot the evening before. On its own, it didn't work well. I cramp badly all day until I get relief."

cMonster (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2015

"I am on methadone maintenance. I have been on it for years. It causes serious constipation for me. I had to manually pull it out! pain, bloating, you name it. My Dr gave me samples of Linzess. I took it at 2pm, and just took a seriously satisfying poop . Miracle drug. No side effects, yet. I strongly recommend for anyone chronically constipated."

ChronicConstipated (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

"I have suffered for 40 years with constipation. I was taking Amitiza but I suffered from hair loss. So my Dr suggested Linzess. It took days to kick in and then it was out of control for at least an hour. I quickly began gaining weight, so I stopped the meds for a couple of months, dropped 8 lbs :) Well I decided to try the Linzess again to see if the weight gain was caused by something else....It was the Linzess 7 lbs in 8 days. I would rather drink mineral oil and drink Miralax instead of using this drug any more...Very Pricey."

Nicole Marie June 4, 2015