User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Constipation, Chronic.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation, Chronic

"It helps me a lot with my constipation issues. But it has done something for me that I don't see anybody mentioning. I've been having constipation problems for over 40 years. The big problem for me was that just going "normal" to the bathroom was not enough for me. When the stool just got a little harder I felt real bad, I couldn't think right, got in a bad mood, felt like intoxicated. In my opinion, my bowels let too many toxins go into my body. As such, I had to take laxative when other person might not need it. Linzess seems to prevent the toxins to go into my body and in doing so, it has had an extraordinary effect on me. The main effect has been that some joint pains that I thought were chronic just disappeared short after I started"

Roberto Gonzalez (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2016

"I am on linzess 290mg for a week. It's amazing how good that works. No cramps, no bloating. I take on a empty stomach every morning. I started going every morning. The 145mg did not work for me."

Ana 10 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

"On day 5 of 29 on day 5 of 290 milligram linzess all I have experienced is a lot of gas last evening my stomach was extremely distended not sure if this is going to work for me but I'm not going to give up the fight the constipation is severe and causes major problems in daily living so I'm going to hold on until my next doctor's appointment"

Toniscea August 17, 2016

"I've been taking Linzess a little over a month now for chronic constipation. I used to have a bowel movement about twice a month. And it was like that for at least 10 years. I was taking Miralax and Phillip's milk of magnesia and magnesium oxide daily. Now I go almost everyday. I'm noticing a little water retention, but as long as it doesn't get bad I'm not worried about it. I gained soo much weight from not going to the bathroom and am now in the process of bariatric surgery. It should happen in about 4 more months. But I'm weighed regularly because of it and I am still losing weight like I'm supposed to. So as long as that continues I'll keep taking it for sure!"

LizzJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

"I had a lower bowel resection a little over a year ago and I have suffered with terrible constipation since having this surgery. I have tried everything out there changed my diet loads of fiber tons of water and nothing helped except Mag Citrate I would go as much as 2 weeks with no bowel movement. Then I would take mag citrate and it would make me so sick that i couldn't eat and I've lost a lot of weight because of this. My Gastro Dr finally put me on Linsess I was so afraid to take it because of some of the reviews about the side effects.I finally started taking it 2 days ago and for the first time in forever I'm able to go to the bathroom without having to strain and be miserable. I will continue taking Linsess it is a miracle drug"

KD123 August 10, 2016

"I have been taking Linzess 145 mg daily for about 2 weeks with bowel movement every second or third day. It is solid. It seems I have a motility disfunction in the colon. It began 9 months ago. I have had a colonoscopy/biopsy which was negative. I have no cramping. I am just happy to be having a BM even if it isn't like it use to be."

cath53 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

"I have had chronic constipation my whole life. I am 52. I have tried EVERYTHING on the market. I have chronic pain (fibromyalgia) and in trying to have some quality of life, I moved on to opioid meds which make the constipation WAY worse. Linzess 290 has changed everything! I take it at 3-5 am (when ever I happen to wake up), I had been on Amitiza 2x/day, which I still take along with 1 oz of George's Aloe in the am, & 3oz before bedtime mixed with 2tsp of Natural Calm (mostly magnesium). I no longer take senna-s or Mirulax. I go a LOT, 1-2 times per day. No diarrhea, no bloated abdomen, & no pain. I believe that the aloe (which tastes like water) combined with Linzess & Amitiza have changed my life!! Lots of fruit & veggies & water too!"

Jojo14 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2016

"This medication has been great thus far. I have had severe constipation my entire life. I was so desperate for help, with teas and other laxatives not working the doctor gave me this rx. I have not had the severe cramping that others have had at all. I take it in the morning on an empty stomach, eat a meal about 1/2 hour later. It produces a bowel movement for me which is complete or feels complete in about 30 minutes; Stools are soft, no straining and most of all I don't fear going to the bathroom. I have had on occasion two or three follow up BM's, nothing major and they are quite small. I will start cutting back the medication from every day to every other day or so and see what happens but right now this medication is a huge relief."

Vealz (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

"I have dealt with chronic constipation for years. This medication is the only thing that has helped me. Been taking it for about a year and it has helped so far."

Pradkins14 July 16, 2016

"I have had chronic constipation for as long as I can remember. I have tried every remedy, over the counter medication, tea, prune juice and all worked but not ideal. When I saw the advertisements for Linzess I thought finally something that will help me. I was prescribed this drug and have nothing but severe diarrhea for a month and a half. I have tried taking at different time a day and night. Setting my alarm to get up and take before I go to work, hoping I can make it out of the house. I have taken before bed, but woke up to an accident. I can't seem to get past the diarrhea. I am happy that the drug works, but cannot with the unpredictable diarrhea. I'll contact my Dr. for a smaller dose, but may need to stop."

Linda L July 8, 2016

"I am on my 3rd day of Linzess. No bowel movent at all. . Feel kinda bloated. Hope something happens soon so i dont feel like i have spent all of that money for nothing. Very expensive medication."

Nothing happening so far (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016

"I have been using linzess or *constella* as its known in Canada for over a year. It has been 100% a miracle for me and my life.. i have played around with it and i wanted to share with everyone what i found.. 1. I take this every 2 or 3 days and completely clear out. 2. The days i take it i set my alarm to wake me up at approx 4 or 5 am and take my dose along with 1 litre of water and go back to sleep. By the time i get up im ready to empty. 3. U HAVE TO TAKE WITH MORE THAN A GLASS OF WATER. 1 LITRE HAS WORKED BEST FOR ME. Being dehydrated or not drinking enough water stops it from working as well since its an osmotic (pulls water to the bowel) 4. Be aware you will have loose stool for the day. I will take it anyday over constipation!!!"

Mom_in_canada (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2016

"Interesting reading all these negative posts. I have been hospitalized three times for blocked bowels, and the treatment is nether cheap or pleasant. After keeping a diary for my GI where I had pain almost every day for six months he prescribed Linzess. First couple of days had no results, then it started working. Very predictable and yes I do need to be near a bathroom for an hour or two after I take it. After that everything is under control. I feel wonderfully better and have much more energy. I do believe you should take it on an empty stomach, then eat something about thirty minutes later. On a few occasions I have taken a second dose in the evening if I felt uncomfortable or needed to skip the morning due to appointments."

Works for Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

"I have diagnosed chronic constipation. My doctor tried to refer me to Miralax, which I did try, but it did nothing for me. I asked him for a sample of Linzess and I thought I might happy cry because of how well it worked. Within the first two weeks you will most likely have some diahrrea, as your body is getting used to the medicine. I'm about a month in on my prescription and the diahrrea DID stop. But trust me, it's better than constipation every day. Every body is different, but try to follow the directions to a T for the first month before you switch it up. I take mine 30-1 hours before I eat after I wake up in the morning and have a completely normal BM a few hours later. If I wait to eat any longer than on hour, it doesn't work at all"

Bye CC! June 12, 2016

"I have severe diverticulitis. I was very sick for a long time and went through a colon resection. Linzess was prescribed after I healed from the surgery to make sure things kept moving and I didn't get sick again. Initially, I loved LInzess. Here is my issue: I don't think I get a complete bowel movement as much as I pass a lot of water through my bowels. The feeling is if there is still something that needs to be done...and water retention and bloating! I have gone months without taking LInzess and then take it and look as if I am 6 months pregnant which is odd for a 60 year old woman. Weight gain is severe but reduces after a week or so. This is over a period of on/off for two years so I am certain it is this drug."

Thereisnowaythisnicknameisinus June 10, 2016

"This works great, however the side effects are less appealing. You cannot trust a fart on this!, ever!. I take it first thing in the am on am empty stomach and you better not leave the house within a hour because exactly one hour later, hot lava explodes . Ugh. But, the constipation is gone! Be sure to have a huge supply of fresh underwear when you take this!"

Bypassmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2016

"So I take this on and off. Well I am back on. And first off, I struggle with weight issues CONSTANTLY! Last week 5-11 I weighed 143. Today 5-20 I weigh 151!!! Haven't changed eating habits, drinking habits. Nothing. Needless to say it's nice to go to the bathroom. But when I have to fit in a wedding dress in 29 days I think I'll pass on the medication. The weight gain, water rent entire, severe bloating stomach. Think I'll pass."

Dresmiles May 20, 2016

"Suffer from IBS and have chronic constipation. This medication gave me some relief the first 4 days and from there it was all downhill. I now have diarrhea along with stomach cramps and can't leave the house due to these horrible side effects. I am on the lowest dose and have even tried to take it ever other day and then seem to revert back to constipation. I have been in bed all day today and feel sick with stomach cramps and feel very tired. I would not recommend this medication. Think I'll try Metamucil from now on and see how that works. Due to the IBS I am unable to eat most fibrous foods. I am very thin and linzess is causing more weight loss. Not a good medication."

Androcles (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

"For as far back as I could remember I always had issues going to bathroom. constipation. Bloating. Straining just for "pellets". I tried numerous over the counter products from powder forms to pills and they Did not work at all and caused more severe bloating and cramps. I found out I have colonic intertia. I had the strongest dose prescribed to me of the linzess and found that if I take it on an empty stomach 30 min before I eat dinner after I'm done eating id say 30 min to an hour I'll feel some pressure but no pain and know it's time to head to the bathroom and it cleans me out. I usually have maybe 2 small bathroom trips after and then I'm good for the nite. I usually take it twice a week not everyday or as needed to go to bathroom."

Jaye3680 May 17, 2016

"I've had severe chronic constipation for 3 years now. About a week ago I finally got health insurance so the first thing I did was make an appointment with a gastro. She prescribed me Linzess. For the first 2 days of taking it I had horrible cramps and my stomach was constantly making noises. Well on the 3rd day I finally went. It was only a tiny bit which was very disappointing. I'm now on day 4 and I am literally stuck to the toilet. I have severe cramps, nausea, heartburn, headache and no energy what so ever. I feel like I could fall asleep on the toilet. I have never been so miserable. I will definitely be calling my doctor on Monday and will never take this horrible pill again."

CW16 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

"My doctor prescribed Linzess for my irregular, but chronic constipation. I have been on the drug for 2 months, but today is the last day I will take it. This drug controls your life. it is a good thing that I am retired, because there are some days I cannot leave the house. The effects of the medicine can last up to 6 hours and I have to remain really close to the bathroom. I have gained 6 unexplained pounds since I began the drug. My abdomen is so bloated, spanx does not help. I have to find an alternative."

avm (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2016

"I have tried taking it at night and in the morning on an empty stomach was very hopeful after reading reviews....no such luck Nothing happened it was like i wasn't taking anything maybe I should keep taking it as after a week I quit. I wish they would bring Zelnorm back it was perfect worked like a dream! Now trying Amitiza still nothing...resorting back to Miralax (which gives me gas) and Milk of Magnesia sometimes along with Ducolax and you have to stay home. Very frustrated"

YMB (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

"I was born with heirschprungs disease and have fought constipation all my life and as I've gotten older, it's getting so much worse. I took Zelnorm when it was on the market and it was a dream come true. Unfortunately it was pulled for possible side effects. Duh ... what meds don't? I've used Linzess 3 times now. Yes, it cleans me out but I have horrible stomach cramps and severe diarrhea. But as others have said, it's far better than being constipated for days on end. I so wish someone would/could bring Zelnorm back. Best solution there was. Will only use Linzess on occasion."

Mostly Miserable April 19, 2016

"I have had stomach and bowel movement issues since I was 2. I have tried everything. Reflexology, acupuncture, medicines and drank mineral oil for 10 years. I took one 145 mg pill and in 6 hours I actually had a bowel movement and several more to follow in the next 6 hours. I weighed myself the next day and I had lost 3 pounds. It does have some not so great side effects but I am happy that I can go. I don't take it everyday because it is too much for me I can't sit on the toilet all day but I do take it every other day it's working for me!!"

Jonie Jo (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

"I went to a GI specialist last week, assuming I had some serious issues other than constipation. However, it was just that- chronic constipation. The doctor gave me samples of Linzess and I started it at 10am on an empty stomach. I had a bowl of oatmeal about half an hour later. Then, 20-30 minutes after I had eaten I had the urge to use the rest room and for the first time in years, without the help of several laxitives, I expelled. Three times within a two hour time frame. I don't mind the diarrhea, because it was much worse not being able to go. But it is scary knowing you have to pass gas and not knowing if you might accidentally crap yourself."

Anon2d2 April 10, 2016

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next