User Reviews for Keppra XR to treat Epilepsy

Keppra XR Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 194 medications used in the treatment of Epilepsy.

Reviews for Keppra XR

crazy101 · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 25, 2018

“I've been on Keppra XR 500mg ( taking 4 a day, 2 at night 2 in morning) it was great at first but then I started to get really irritable, then along came anxiety and depression, in 2016 I had a son ( had 1 seizure during pregnancy) and 2017 had a daughter ( same scenario) I also had post-partum depression from when I had my son, its worsened over those two years. this will be my 5th year on it and im not satisfied with it at all, I've tried changing my medicine but they won't because it stopped my seizures (grand mal) and I've tried telling them about the depression and anxiety but all they asked "why didn't you tell us this before" but most people deny the fact they have anxiety and depression (like me) to avoid being put on other meds, I've tried anxiety and depression medicine but nothing worked. All I want is off this medicine to not feel like a zombie anymore.”

Hana196476 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 19, 2017

“I was diagnosed with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy in 2010 and was started on depakote, after gaining 40 lbs and still having seizures on that medication, my doc switched me to Keppra XR, initially I started out on 500mg once a day and was feeling a little drowsy but ok, I was still having muscle jerks so she upped the dose to 1500mg once a day and started having severe fatigue, as a college student this was affecting my studies severely. Now, on the same dosage for 3 years, I have memory loss, severe exhaustion and fatigue, headaches and dizziness every day and my school work is being negatively affected. My doc refuses to change my medication since I haven't had a seizure while on keppra XR.”

MCHammy May 6, 2016

“I starting having seizures after a car accident when I was 18 (now 28). I was told by neurologists that may be the reason for the "trigger" of my epilepsy. I had 3 t-c seizures before being put on the max dosage of 1500mg 2x daily of the keppra. The side effects listed with the drugs usually happen to me but it wasn't hard to handle. Keppra worked for 2 years for the most part. Then it stopped. I began to have night time seizures, then partials, auras, memory loss, anxiety, double vision. You name it it was happening and it still is. I am now with a seizure specialist taking 3 different seizure medications and an anti anxiety as needed. 15 pills. Still having t-c, complex-partials, and partials with all the side effects. Can't work now.”

sara bou May 27, 2014

“Since I started on this medication, I stopped having seizures. It has been 2 years now. It is great medicine. ”

Jishushika · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 15, 2012

“I have had grand-mal seizures since age 7 due to an AVM in my brain. Previously during childhood, I was on Dilantin (major rage problems) and Tegretol (caused liver damage). When the Tegretol caused liver disease and brain surgery was complete, I was switched to Keppra XR (2 pills 2x a day) and seizures have been under control for the most part.”

JME patient July 24, 2011

“Keppra XR returned my life to normal. Excellent medication for Epilepsy/seizures.”

lights out April 10, 2010

“I've been taking Keppra XR for 12 months. I have Myoclonic epilepsy with tonic-clonic seizures. Jerking and instant blackouts are gone but occassionally still having tonic-clonics. My dosage levels are still unclear and time will tell if the current dosage will work. Side effects are not severe and I function very well compared to past medication experiences.”

Learn more about Epilepsy

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)