User Reviews for Levetiracetam

Also known as: Elepsia XR, Keppra, Keppra XR, Roweepra, Roweepra XR, Spritam

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Levetiracetam.

Levetiracetam Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 79 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Levetiracetam to treat Bipolar Disorder

"I was diagnosed with type 2 Bipolar disorder in March of this year. A few months later I had my first seizure, followed by a couple more in my sleep. I was then diagnosed with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and prescribed a regimen of levETIRAcetam 750mg tablets twice a day. Over the past 5months I've had positive results regarding my seizure disorder, although I have experienced an increase in irritability, hostility, depression and suicidal idealation. I'm in the process of seeing my neurologist to determine whether this is the best treatment option."

Zackurie November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A doctor first diagnosed me as bipolar in 2007. My mania was out of control from about 2009-2014. Incidentally, I had two seizures in 2014 and started taking Keppra. I have noticed the Keppra has also made a difference in controlling mania. I hope this works for others also. I had to mention it because I would not have taken Keppra had it not been for the seizures. I have not had any bad side effects with Keppra."

So and So (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"doesn't seem to do much to me at all. But my family and friends say my mood has changed for the better..all I can do is keep taking them and hopefully my episodes will just completely go away ..who wants to be depressed and crying one senond then ridiculoisly happy the next .its annoying"

loralynn1981 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Keppra (levetiracetam ) since Nov for seizures. I have been on Bipolar medications for 2 years. The Keppra I started has literally CHANGED MY LIFE! I am no longer in a manic tornado. The twister I call "life" has stopped. I move at the same speed as others now instead of challenging myself to be the best, FASTEST and efficient mover 24/7. My thoughts are no longer racing. I can finish the thought clearly. It took about a month to really stop stop noticing the wretched side effects of starting Keppra or levetiracetam. Well worth it. "

hisstessa March 1, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Keppra (levetiracetam): "I started taking Keppra XR a few weeks ago and it's definitely helped reduce my manic attacks. My depression continues but the mania is being tamed. So far I really haven't had any bad side effects to speak of."

Susan Jarnagin November 1, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Keppra (levetiracetam): "I have acceptable results with this medicine, although I take several types of bi-polar medicines at the same time."

Anonymous February 13, 2010