User Reviews for Leflunomide

Also known as: Arava

Reviews for Leflunomide to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

"I went on this drug in November 2017 (.20mg), and the biggest side effect at first was diarrhea, which was tolerable. My skin cleared up 100% as well as any joint pain, and I thought I had found my miracle drug. But after 4-5 months I now have nausea, have lost 10 pounds, all I want to do is sleep, and I am emotionally in a very dark place. My rheumatologist doesn't think it's the Laflunomide, but I feel as badly as I did when I went on Methotrexate, (which I couldn't tolerate). The symptoms are the same. So I went off of the Laflunomide a week ago but still no relief from side affects. Does anyone know how long it takes for this drug to get out of one's system?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

"Worst experience in my life. The pain before I started this was at least bearable. Now I can barely move or walk and bruise very easily. And that was only after a couple of days of taking 1 10mg tablet per day. Doctor changed to one every other day and I have the same problem. Was taking this for psoriatic arthritis and calcium build up, but I can't bare the pain."

laurieo (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

"I've been on Leflunomide for over two years and I tolerate it well unlike Methotrexate. Good control of inflammation and pain and blood work is ok. Doesn't seem to interfere with my ability to fight a cold or heal a wound."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2015

"I was prescribed leflunomide for Psoriatic Arthritis, 20mg each day, in May 2012. For the actual treatment of my arthritis, I can honestly say it was a "wonder drug" I noticed a huge improvement all most immediately & this drug agreed with me so much more than Methotrexate & Sulfasalazine, both of which I had also been taking. The biggest negative for me was the HUGE hair loss I suffered. I had experienced some hair loss on Methotrexate, but, this was on a different level, so much so that I stopped taking Leflunomide in November 2012. Being a female in her early 40's, this was a decision I felt I had to take as the hair loss was so distressing."

SamCF (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2013