User Reviews for Lamictal

Learn more about Lamictal.

Lamictal Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Schizoaffective Disorder.

Reviews for Lamictal to treat Schizoaffective Disorder

"Been taking this for yrs and has helped me so much."

S0CRAT35 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2016

"This medicine works great. With no side effects that I can remember. I wish I was still on this medicine. It's wayyy way better than Zyprexa and all those other meds that make you gain weight and make you tired all the time. This medicine makes you feel normal."

Bipolar type Schizzoaffective (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2016

"I was on several psych meds trying to get a good combination. Everything I tried only got me so far. When I introduced lamictal it was amazing! I read someone said it was their miracle drug. That's for me also. The things I don't like about it is that (it doesn't happen so much any more) it makes me off balance. Kind of like I walk like a drunk person. Then the only other thing is that if I miss one dose it takes 2-3 days to get the brain/body shocks to stop. If you miss three days/doses I was told that you have to start taking the drug over again like you've never used it before. Don't miss getting your refills on time. I am definitely a "person" now as well. Without it life is extremely bad. I've been taking it for over 6 years."

brick38 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 6, 2015

"Nothing noticed during loading, once I got to 150 mg I felt absolutely fantastic, I have tried many other medicines. This one seems to have the least side effects for me and makes me feel like a "normal" functioning human."

Exhaustedmama January 9, 2013

"Makes me a speed freak, can't sit still constantly moving my hands or my face or something, like a panic attack without anxiety! It seems to have helped with anxiety though, but I still take Xanax for when I just literally cannot stop moving around, grinding my teeth or jerking my neck around. I have severe muscle spasms in the neck. I think it has helped me in some ways but not others, it made my already severe insomnia worse, so now I have sleeping pills (which still don't work sometimes). It has sort of improved my mood some people say I'm less erratic. I am not sure though. I'm giving it a 5 because the neck pain is bad, and the increased paranoia is bad and I don't really think it has helped with disassociation too much. "

Anonymous January 11, 2012

"This medicine has helped me be more normal. I'm not unstable at all unless I skip my medicines and I'm even in university although it's very hard on me. When I take my Lamictal if I did an all nighter I go straight to bed and miss class so it does make you tired but I wouldn't recommend missing your medication for more than one night. Lamictal really helped me lead a normal life though. It's a great mood stabilizer and helped me have no relapses at all. I'm on Risperdal, Paxil, Lamictal and Geodon right now but trying to get off Paxil and Risperdal completely cause it's made me gain a lot of weight."

Anonymous August 2, 2010

"With Schizoaffective Disorder, as well as the other psychiatric illnesses, years of medication adjustment and readjustment are necessary. Lamictal was recommended for me, at the same time, by both my psychiatrist and neurologist. Lamictal was added to my usual medication regimen. I feel it has been one of my "miracle medications". I've never experienced any side effects from Lamictal."

imbunky2 March 8, 2010