User Reviews for Ivabradine

Brand names: Corlanor

Ivabradine has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 60% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 33% reported a negative experience.

Heart Failure
7.1

Reviews for Ivabradine

IST123 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · May 7, 2022

For Heart Failure "This medication gave me my life back. I have inappropriate sinus tachycardia (IST) and it’s been a nightmare until my cardiologist put me on Corlanor. I only experience very minimal side effects (visual disturbance usually at nighttime). I take 5mg 2x per day and it works perfectly. My HR was upwards of 170+ bpm doing menial tasks, and now it’s about 120 with major activity/90 average during the day. While sleeping I was in the 90-100 range and now it is around 50-75bpm. Does what it is designed to do. My insurance (Tricare) required a prior authorization, which was not super hard for me to obtain. Thank you Corlanor!"

Xtina · Taken for 5 to 10 years · October 8, 2020

For Heart Failure "I have been on this medication for the past 6 years (after not tolerating a bunch of other tried meds ) for Atrial flutter, inappropriate sinus tachycardia. Overall, happy with it. It is effective at controlling the heart rate without affecting your blood pressure (I seem to run low). I am currently weaning off because it is not safe in pregnancy...but I highly recommend you try if you need help controlling your fast/high heart rate and/or palpations."

V · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 20, 2020

Corlanor (ivabradine) "I am a 38 yrs old female was on metoprolol for 6 months it was given to me because I haveI inappropriate sinus tachycardia . Awful medication. I was weaned off metoprolol and got switch to Corlanor and taking it for 6 months works great minor side effects with vision."

Mags · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 17, 2022

For Heart Failure "I took ivabradine for approx 6 months with no side effects whatsoever after I complained to my GP about my heart racing & breathlessness especially when going up hills. I took 1 tablet twice a day. After a CT scan on my heart I was told I could stop taking it and also the 75 mg Aspirin. I asked if I had to wean myself off it & was told no that was not necessary. A few days after I stopped taking the drug I suffered terrible palpitations, feeling nausea, just feeling really rotten. I was on the verge of ringing 111 to ask for advice. I spent the day resting & trying to relax & trying not worry about my symptoms. It made me wonder if I should have gradually stopped taking Ivabradine but I cannot find any information at all about how to stop taking it. I wonder if the fact I was told just to stop taking the medication made my heart to start racing after months of medication reducing my heart rate. More info on how to stop taking the drug is needed hence my 5 on the effective chart below."

Micky · April 25, 2021

Corlanor (ivabradine) for Heart Failure "I started taking the medication in November 2020 history of tachycardia, heart rate 216 now when I have episodes heart rate is under control 100 . Very pleased with my outcome and I’m taking 2.5 MG x 2 a day and it’s working out, so thankful"

Zebra · Taken for less than 1 month · March 28, 2022

For Heart Failure "Awful side effects. Cramps and muscle spasms don’t quite cover what happened, literally within hours of taking this medication I felt strange then went absolutely rigid with cramps from my toes to my abdomen. I’ve never experienced anything like it you could actually see all my muscles spasming at once. It was so painful. Came off meds after a few days cramps have finally stopped. Also have rash all over neck and chest."

Princesspapercut · Taken for less than 1 month · October 16, 2020

"My POTS changed to Hyper POTS. My HR was 140 just from making breakfast. Everything I tried to do to take care of myself and my family was exhausting to the point I was having scary stroke-like events. Corlanor has been a game changer since Day 1. I'm suddenly able to ease back into being the kind of parent I want to be. It's remarkable. Seems PM dose (1/2 pill) keeps me awake most of the night. Also have light flashes. Still sorting things out."

Scottish man · Taken for 2 to 5 years · April 19, 2020

For Heart Failure "Overall much happier with it as an alternative to beta blockers/ ace inhibitors.Ivabradine doesn't appear to knock the stuffing out of me the way the alternatives above did ( even at small sub therapeutic doses). Have taken it for 2+ years now and happy with it overall. Had a recurrence of AF whilst using Ivabradine and have some concern if Ivabradine was part of that but never reached any conclusions as was only occasional."

Katie · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 28, 2022

"Please be cautious before using this medication for POTS. Everyone’s body make up is different but if you have a low resting heart rate or take antidepressants please be very cautious. This medicine has been being used for POTS off label and there’s very little data to support it. My heart rate dropped to 30bpm and I was unconscious for 20 minutes in a bathroom at work. I do not have any underlying health issues with my heart just a typical normal person with POTS. The visual disturbances on this medicine was horrible I’ll never forget the flashing lights and auras. My memory hasn’t been the same since and I felt like I was in a time warp The whole time I was on it my cognitive function declined majorly , I’m 27 years old"

Katie · March 7, 2022

"This medication Almost killed me; literally. I was unconscious for 20 minutes in a bathroom at work when my heart plummeted to 30bpm in May 2021 and I have not been the same since I had 6 hospitalizations. This is nothing like a beta blocker for anyone who wants to take this for POTS please be extremely cautious and try other treatments first. I was so dehydrated all of the time from this medicine, visual issues, light flashes, confusion, fatigue, shallow breathing, bradycardia. I give this medicine a 0/10 for POTS. I would do anything to get my simple POTS heart fluctuations back than the issues I now have cardiac wise and neurologically from the damage this drug did."

meganlinton1089 · Taken for less than 1 month · October 25, 2021

"This medicine is awful! I was taking Metoprolol Tart 25 mg twice a day for inappropriate sinus tachycardia (I am 31 years old), but every day about a couple hours before my next dose, my heart rate would go up down up down up down between 80s-mid 100s. When I saw my cardiologist I was switched to Metoprolol Suc ER 25 mg once a day and 2.5 mg of Corlanor once a day. I have been taking the 2.5 mg of Corlanor for 3 days. Those 3 days were the worse 3 days ever. I was completely exhausted, I couldn’t keep my eyes open. Today while I was at work, the same thing. I was exhausted, really sluggish, and could feel my heart barely beating. I kept an eye on my heart rate and my heart rate was in the low 50s all day and even went down to 40 bpm at one point. I called my doctor and he told me to stop the Corlanor immediately! I am trying to get this medicine out of my system as fast as possible!!"

Sylvia · Taken for less than 1 month · September 11, 2022

Corlanor (ivabradine) for Heart Failure "This was originally recommended to me when I had the diagnosis of POTS. Since that makes it off label, it cost $700 for one month of the medication. It turned out that I have coronary microvascular disease which still makes it off label but the angina was so bad that I was willing to try anything and I was told that this was very safe. I was only able to use it for 3 days before waking up with AFIB. I felt like my neck and chest were going to explode. I immediately restarted my beta blocker. I hate that I spent $700 for three days worth of pills that landed me in the back of an ambulance and at the ER. I was also even more weak and dizzy and lethargic than normal. And my resting heart rate was ~90-100 when, while on the BB, it was ~70-80. I was told it would get better. Clearly it got much worse. And even without a high heart rate, I felt like I could barely breathe."

Suz · Taken for 2 to 5 years · August 19, 2022

Corlanor (ivabradine) for Heart Failure "Wow this drug gave me my life back. Having POTS syndrome (with no cure) left me almost bed ridden. Every time I would stand up my heart rate would go threw the roof. I have been on this drug for 5 years now and Im finally stable!!!"

Gail · Taken for 5 to 10 years · October 16, 2022

"This medication ivabradine for Inappropriate Sinus Rhythm- SupraVentricular Tachycardia has saved my life. I’ve been on 7.5mg b.d (twice a day) since 2016 and it has maintained my heart rate below 90bpm ever since. Typically, around 76-85 when resting. My resting heart rate before was 159bpm. I am a now 32 year old female, 47kg & have lived a fairly healthy lifestyle since being diagnosed back in 2009 (19 years old). I was on Concor a Beta-Blocker, max dosage “helped” but not enough. Also, made me feel a bit of a zombie. Fortunately, in 2016 Ivabradine came onto the market."

Babil · March 14, 2017

Corlanor (ivabradine) for Heart Failure "Using Corlanor has brought my resting heart rate from over 200 down to an average of 75. No side effects. Very pleased."

Mellbell · Taken for 1 to 2 years · August 22, 2018

For Heart Failure "Great medication very little side effects. Helped majorly with my heart rate! Only side effect is vision disturbances making me unable to drive but it's worth it!"