User Reviews for Indapamide to treat High Blood Pressure

Indapamide has an average rating of 4.7 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of High Blood Pressure. 18% of those users who reviewed Indapamide reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Indapamide Rating Summary

4.7/10 average rating

Compare all 286 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Indapamide

Carrie · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2021

“I was put onto Indapamide 2.5mg to lower my BP. The first day was fine the second day I noticed my mouth and throat were drying out and I felt very giddy. The third day I could not put the glass of water down I drank and drank but the dehydration was immense. I was suffering severe giddiness and feeling of fainting with a headache that was causing migraine auras. I felt confused and with usually a very good memory could not remember any of my PIN numbers generally totally muddled with a hangover type headache. The thirst continued, unbelievable thirst I drank so much water I spoke to my doctor and he reduced the amount to 1.25mg Prolonged release.. This I reacted to in exactly the same way and by this time day 6 I was feeling very ill indeed as nausea and sickness had added to my symptoms. By day 7 I spoke to my doctor and stopped taking it. It took me a couple of days to not feel thirsty and the confusion subsided too in the same amount of time.”

muirhill121 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 9, 2021

“I took Indapamide along with Losartan 25mg for 2.5 yrs with no noticeable side effects. Annual blood tests. On GP visit this was reduced to 6 months in future without explanation. Around 9 weeks later my wife thought something wrong at 4.10 am, put on the bedside light to find me unconscious and not breathing with blood all over pillow. 999 call bought instructions for CPR till fire brigade arrived (x2 paramedics on fire truck) followed by ambulance. Three days in hospital 2 on a drip and supplementary oxygen. No driving licence for six months as this was a seizure. Only explanation from GP is low Sodium, and refuses to respond further.. Ambulance crew told wife another minute would have been too late. I have no memory whatsoever of the first two days. So, it works real well........if you don't mind a near death experience.”

Northernsoul · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2020

“I was prescribed indapamide 1.5 mg because other meds ending with 'pril' gave me a constant dry cough and Candesartan gave me a stuffy nose, flu-like symptoms and urinal tract infections. I take Amlodipine 5 mg which is fine. From the onset of taking indapamide (6 months in total) I got tinnitus in one ear only, which was annoying but tolerable due to how this med reduced my BP along with Amlodipine to 'normal' readings. There was a slight increase in urination but after 4 weeks this subsided. Last night in bed the tinnitus got worse and to my horror I lost my hearing in my left ear only, completely (scary). I was completely deaf in that ear. I immediately stopped taking indapamide and after 24 hours my hearing started to come back with a remarkable drop to non-existent tinnitus too. I will not be going back on indapamide again another BP lowering drug that does not agree with me. So I guess it's back to the Dr to see if there is any other drug that I can use in combination with Amlodipine.”

IanR · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 22, 2019

“I've been taking indapamide for hypertension for a few years now but recently (within the last few months) my kidney function has been reduced (lowest 41), stopping taking it improved my kidney function (back to 51) but my BP increased to over 180/100 in a matter of weeks. I restarted taking it and my BP lowered to 130/70 within 3-4 weeks, however my kidney function reduced again to 40 so have been advised to stop taking it again until an alternative can be prescribed. I have had complete ED (erectile dysfunction) for 4-5 years now but can not tie this directly to this medication but will hope that taking an alternative will help relieve this condition.”

Paub August 18, 2019

“I used this indapamide tablet for 10 days for high blood pressure and it made me feel sick disoriented, dizzy, lost my energy, so I have come off it. Now drinking beetroot juice and Berry's already feeling better”

Doug · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2018

“I have been prescribed Indapamide 1.5mg modified release over the last month as I have high BP. I had previously been prescribed other medications but was concerned by the side effects they caused me. So far this medication appears to be most effective at keeping my BP in the healthy range. The only issue I have noticed so far is increased frequency of urination leading to me usually having to get up once in the night to go to the toilet. I could certainly live with this. I retain concerns about the potential for there being longer term unintended consequences of taking medication for the rest of my life and am taking other actions with the hope that I may not need this indefinitely. This includes trying to become more informed on the topic, loosing weight, increasing exercise, dietary changes and the use of some complimentary meds.”

Rolo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2019

“I have been taking Indapamide 2.5mg since 17th October 2018. I believe that this medication has caused my erectile issues. Not ruling out my other medication Losartan Potassium 100mm Clopidogrel Zentiva 75mm Lansoprazole 30mm Amlodipine 10mg Atorvastatin 40mg”

JJ53 October 2, 2017

“I was interested to read: "Because most of these data are from long-term studies (up to 40 weeks of treatment), it is probable that many of the adverse experiences reported are due to causes other than the drug." My adverse reactions occurred within ten days of starting 2.5mg Indapamide, but have improved (though not been eliminated) by a drop to 1.5mg. My concerns include constipation; erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, tiredness, above-range serum urea level. Leg oedema and hypertension have improved.”

Godisgood · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2019

“I have been using this medication for more than 2 years now. I never experienced any problems thus far”

098 · Taken for 10 years or more July 9, 2017

“I have taken this for 25 years and the only one that leaves me without any side effects”

Christie November 14, 2020

“indapamide lowers blood pressure. Periodic numbness in fingers cramps in calf muscles when leg is raised. Strange because leg cramps felt at nights when you go to sleep they wake you up”

Marley · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 1, 2018

“Took Indapamide 2.5mg for 2 years. It helped a little with blood pressure but it caused complete sexual dysfunction.”

Terry · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 6, 2018

“The side effect for me is going the loo a lot to urinate”