User Reviews for Hylan g-f 20

Also known as: Synvisc, Synvisc-One

Learn more about Hylan g-f 20.

Osteoarthritis 79 reviews 349 medications

6.7
Summary of Hylan g-f 20 reviews 79 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Hylan g-f 20

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "My poor left knee was just ruined, to the point that I had to stay off of it for two weeks, then hobble to the Doctor's office on crutches. Osteoarthritis, the bane of people over 60. I got a shot in the knee (just a tiny sting for a few seconds). This has been like a miracle. I'm not ready to take up tap dancing, but 90% of the pain was gone by the next day. Its just been wonderful, and I'm SO glad I went to the doctor, instead of being stubborn and refusing to go."

Bippo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2016

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I've had multiple Synvisc, cortisone and aerations over the last 5 years. The process is easy and pretty much painless. The results were beneficial, but the pain would always return (usually in 6 month intervals) and get progressively worse in frequnecy and intensity. When the pain got so bad it was difficult to walk, then I would schedule another appointment. A little over 1year and 3 months ago, I decided to start strengthening my leg muscles with weights as apposed to cardio by walking and the elliptical. Do not do the leg extensions as I found out these only make things worse. I do leg presses and reverse leg curls with a compression brace on both knees. Most of the pain is gone (90%) at this time period and is still getting better."

Tilly100 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 9, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I just experienced my first Synvisc injection yesterday. It was my first time with Synvisc after previously having a cortisone injection in my right knee. The cortisone offered no relief at all, plus I experienced redness in my face and agitation to the point that I couldn't sleep for two days. My initial apprehension with the Synvisc shot was over how the actual shot would feel. Bravery is not my strong point!. I have not had enough time to evaluate how well it works yet but I can already feel an improvement. They drained a lot of fluid from my knee beforehand which I hear helps it work. The actual procedure and shot was virtually painless. The P.A. took his time and honestly, I didn't even feel a little pinch. I was very very pleased."

BigJoeD57 November 5, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Was geting corizone shots every 4 months to stop the pain but doctors said it was too often. Had 1st synviscone shot may 18 and it has given my life back.no pain and a lot of functionality. Getting second shot this week after 6 months."

rst123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for : "I had 4 rounds of Synvisc-One injections and took the last one May 31,2016 . It's been 5 months and I can barely walk .. I cannot straighten my leg and walk with a limp . These injections are not good. Wish I read reviews 1st. I Do Not recommend these injections at all . Wish I had just had the surgery"

Mrs. Tyler (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Knee surgery in March for(I was told)severe Arthritis and two Meniscus tears. The recovery and therapy was awful! My doctor kept giving me Cortisone shots, then he suggested the Synvisc, I finished the Synvisc treatments in July and I STILL have horrrible pain daily! I can't sleep through the night without the pain, unable to stand on my own without holding on to something, and every visit to a store, I look for a basket, just to have something to hold on to. The surgery was a FAIL and all the doctor will say is "you had extensive arthritis, I had to do a lot of work once I got inside of your knee". I am no longer able to straighten my knee out, I can't walk straight which has now thrown my back out of whack! It didn't work!!!!!!!!"

MsCltb (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Had plica band arthroscopic resection done and had post op cortisone injections which only lasted one month. I then went back for Synvisc One injection which lasted four months. I'm going back for an other injection of Synvisc. It really helps in my case anyway."

Pep9876 October 25, 2016

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "This product did not work for me I still live in pain in my knees give out all the time."

Niner722 October 12, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had about 4 rounds of both knees with synvisc one. I have cortisone shots done at same time. My Dr. Is great. He sprays a cooling spray first then numbs one side. Does the same to other side. He then injects cortisone and synvisc one with just one needle. Doesn't hurt really. I always ask for the cooling spray! Lol!! I guess everyone at this office asks for the cooling spray."

anderson61207 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have always been a very active person. But I started to get a bulge around my left knee. Really not painful untill I got back into heels. Then it ached. . So I stepped down to my sneakers. If I did extreme lifting and carrying cases of water upstairs thet would ache. But I started hearing the grinding of my knee. I made an appointment with ortho doc.,got MRI done of my knee. I needed a knee replacement! But I wasn't ready yet even though I am getting up there, I surprise people all the time with what I still do. ......Got the shots,one in each knee. No big deal. 6 weeks later,I cannot walk,using crutches,in enormous pain. Knees so swollen and hard. Can't bend them. What do I do now?"

Lovemycats33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Been receiving Synvisc injections approximately every 6 months for last 3+ years. They help tremendously. There is always a little soreness and swelling of the knee for about a week after injection but then I get 6 months of pain free activity. That's a pretty good trade-off if you ask me."

Nan - 56 y/o female (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 28, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Finally had my second injection of 2016 Synvisc, why did I waited for so long? Surgeon treated my right knee with Synvisc over 5 years ago during surgery, however un-sucessfully rebuilt my right knee. Was unaware of the relief that Synvisc drug possesses. I was in constant pain with both of my knees right being the worst, sometimes a 10, don't get me wrong Synvisc did not cure pain it still happens from time to time but no spikes and so far no 10's!!!!!!! I had double meninscous tears, ACL tear and osteoarthritis right knee. Left is not too much better but ACL intact, sometimes a 6 but not 10 like right was. Only pain was a normal blood draw my Doctor froze area, I sat up to watch injection. Immediate relief stayed off knee as requested"

Thomas Seelbach (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "For years I have been in so much pain in my knees and legs that I can hardly walk and spend most of my time sitting on the couch. My doctor used a numbing spray and the shots weren't painful. However by the time I went to bed both knees were hurting so much I had trouble sleeping. My right knee was bone on bone and hurt the most. Now both knees hurt just to sit, my bones, muscles and tendons hurt; I can't straighten my legs. I have to have help to stand up from a sitting position. Walking is agony, so I'm still sitting on the couch but now I'm in constant pain. There is no relief. My legs hurt at night while I'm sleeping. I am also so tired I can hardly stay awake and I am extremely nervous and shakey. Getting out of bed is a nightmare."

tresvick September 26, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Last month Aug 24th my left knee operation has done for meniscus tear. Post operation doctor suggested synvisc one. It's cost 17991 rupees in Vijayawada. I was shocked finally I got the injection on my left knee. Before going to injection I red all the reviews in websites about the injection I feel like it badly hurts. After this all those things finally yesterday 20th Sep 2016 went to hospital taken the injection there is no pain and all like small mosquito bite. Thanks"

Mahesh katragadda 442 (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I had the Synvisc-One shot in early May, hoping to be able to dance at my Granddaughter's wedding. I had been walking 2 miles a day, five times a week before I had the shot. Within 72 hours, I was in horrific pain. I sent my husband out to get a walker. 3 weeks later, I wore a knee brace to the wedding, with a tens unit beneath it to mask the pain. When I called the doctor, he prescribed pain medication. I didn't get it filled. I will not get hooked on pain meds. I have a friend I taught with get hooked on pain meds, and it wasn't pretty. Anyway, it is now the end of August, and I still have pain in my knees just sitting in a chair or lying in bed. Wished I had read these reviews BEFORE having the shot!!!!!!!"

Granjan7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2016

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Had the series of injections years ago. Didn't help at all. Ended up with knee replacement. Now other knee is going and WITH insurance, injection of SynviscOne costs over $130 (co-pay) + $30 co-pay for visit. I'm not having it done unless I get a guarantee that it will work. RIP-OFF for the cost and a RIP-OFF that insurance doesn't provide better coverage."

Jakoe (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "After having a few cortisone shots and not much luck or longevity with them, my Dr asked me try the Synvisk 1and I was reluctant at first but when you have 100% bone on bone in one knee and 75% bone on bone in the other I was willing to try anything. I had to wait also to be approved by Wellness Blue Cross Blue Shield. It was finally approved and i had the shots in late July. I'm 49 yrs old and a bigger heavier man and I made my 15 yr old son come in to watch. It hurt like heck. My son was shocked to see me wincing in pain the entire time. It takes a little while to get it all in your knee as well. Then to my other knee I gripped the table and said my god nobody said they were this painful. Swelled up so bad for a week. Never helped me."

big johnson August 25, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had the injections of synvice 3 times so far the first time I got the injection it worked pretty good after about 3 weeks it made me pain free for about two to three months the second and third time I had the injections I did not feel a thing even after 3 weeks I'm going back to cortisone next time."

Mikey d 130 August 21, 2016

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Initially had Synvisc-One injected into my knee, with only slight benefit (scale of 1-10, improvement to a 4 at best). Several months later had knees treated with the 3 injection Synvisc and it was a Godsend, on a 10 point scale the improvement has been as high as a 9! 3 months have passed and some minor pain has returned, but still maintaining a 7 on a 10 point scale."

Miracle Relief August 19, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Omg!!.. im 25 yrs old and 2 months post knee surgery. I continued to have pain due to arthritis in my knee my Dr gave me the synvisc-1 shot and im now 3 days post my shot(8-9-16) i feel sooo much better and can walk sooo much better. I was nervous after reading reviews but i have one of the best Drs in the nation here in LA so i trusted him.. Everyone's body is different and will receive medications differently so i try not to go off of reviews. I cant wait until a few more weeks from now to see how much better i am."

Dray24 August 12, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "After years of knee problems and taking cortisone I was recommended by a knee specialist to try Synvisc One injections. After approximately $635 and an extremely painful injection (much more painful than cortisone) I had absolutely no relief whatsoever just a waste of time and money. Now I am back on cortisone injections until they can come up with another alternative :("

Stick 1 August 11, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I had a SynVisc1 shot 10 days ago. Was so looking forward to it as the cortisone shot I had gotten before it lasted a short 2 months. I had tried earlier to have the shot but Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield would not approve it til I tried other options. So then the cortisone was done. Then they approved it. It was a pain thru Wellmark. And a bigger pain when the SynVisc1 was done. Excruciating pain! Thought I was gonna pass out! Barely made it to my car. I am in much pain. Can't bend my knee. Shooting pain from tip of toe to butt. I am waiting impatiently. Some people say they got theirs done with an ultrasound guidance. I did not. I question if he hit the spot. He is one of the top orthopeds in Cedar Rapids. Said may take 30 DAYS!"

wife of a farmer. (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I had the triple shot 5 years ago to my left knee. My knee swelled up horribly and I could not do any of my workouts or dancing for 6 weeks. I was miserable and did not ever want to have it again. The upside is that after 6 weeks of pain it worked for 5 years. I just had the shot done to both knees and have not had any swelling and it has been 48 hours. My right knee is catching with any quick movements. Hope to have success after a few weeks. It did hurt really bad during the injection but I don't think that I received any local anesthetic this time. I think that may also contribute to the swelling when extra volume is added to the area. I also did not do any activities for 48 hours which is difficult for me."

Dogwoman July 10, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Had it done 26 hours ago and immediatly felt better, much more movement, almoest painfree. My only problem is that i'm so used to walk sparing my knee that I do not walk ""normally"" yet. There is alway the scariness of sudden hurt but I'm feeling more confident by the hours and was told it take around 6 week to be fully effective. My doctor is amazing and did not feel the needle or maybe like a moskito bite. I have not had any side effect besides comfort yet. but agin it's been 26 hours."

raymond060 June 30, 2016

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I got the Synvisc One shot on my left knee 6/7/2016. I was nervous after reading some of these stories. I felt a little pressure and felt fine. I elevated and iced it for two days. Day 3 I was doing the "Happy Dance." My knee feels great!"

Dymond June 22, 2016