User Reviews for Hylan g-f 20

Also known as: Synvisc, Synvisc-One

Learn more about Hylan g-f 20.

Osteoarthritis 111 reviews 350 medications

6.2
Summary of Hylan g-f 20 reviews 111 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Hylan g-f 20

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "2nd Shot of Synvisc in 8 months. I had worse knee pain and discomfort and develop severe muscle hip pain. A $1000 a shot!! I feel that originally I had minimal relief but feel that this drug is overrated. I had to have a Cortisone shot which gave me comfort and relief from severe pain and it was only $20! If need be I can get one every (3) months but most people will receive the injection every (6) months. A new drug is going to be released soon after it's trial and it is called Ampe. I am hoping that it will be successful. No one wants to get their knee replaced and it is a final result . . ."

audio217 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "After making the mistake of reading reviews of this treatment on a few sites - I felt I had to share my experience. What I had read scared me and made me pretty anxious. First off - about me. Mid 50s - way overweight and the knee I was working with had torn cartilage removed in late 80s. Didn't work. Now bone on bone and it crunches when I bend or move it wrong way I had the Synvisc 1 treatment 2 days ago and it started with a needle for the freezing. Then a needle for the steroid. Finally the S1. When it was done, I felt good - no pain or anything so I attributed that maybe to the freezing. Pain is now almost gone - very little bone crunching. GP said 2-3 wks for full potential. Cant wait. I recommend but every individual is different"

Canada Fat Guy (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "For anyone considering SYNVISC, I'd like to share that I've had both knees done twice & will continue to have the injections. Some background: I'm 59 yrs old, 5'6", approx 175lbs. The first time I had SYNVISC injects. (in both knees), it took about 5 weeks to experience the full benefits, but once it "kicked in," there was ZERO pain & complete fluid mobility! For almost a year, my knees felt "brand new!" I've recently had a second set of injections (both knees) and although there has been a bit more to pain in the recovery, each day there is definite improvement. I must caution anyone who gets these injections not to panic if there is noticable pain initially after the injections. Take it easy. It gets better!"

MetacommGal June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I received the synvisc one injection 3 months ago, it did not help my pain ,it causes me more pain and suffering. I barely can walk or sleep. The back of my knee after waking up to start my day, I can't bend my knee without extremely pain. A week after injection I had started dragging my leg because the pain is unbearable. How can I have this injection removed from my knee. I can't live with this very very very very bad pain from the synvisc one injection. the back and front of my knee is agony."

I don't have a nickname June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm not entirely sure which Synvisc injection I just received in both knees, perhaps Synvisc-One as the physician said it could provide pain relief for up to 6 months... I was, periodically, taking Ibuprofen when my knee pain flared up. Anyway, immediately after he injected both knees they felt much better. I thought, maybe, there was some type of Novocaine combined with the injection, but I think the pain relief was most likely just the Synvisc. It's now been almost 48 hours since the injections and I would say my pain reduced dramatically and immediately. I hope it does last for up to 6 months. Your "mileage" may vary, but I hope it works as well for you as it seems to be doing for me. -Nat-"

Anonymous June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I had this injection, and I am now very crippled. The pain is intense. I cannot recommend this treatment. I wish I had never done it. Insult to injury it is expensive, and I am stuck paying for it."

Sierrafox (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my first Synvisc-One injections in both knees 4 weeks ago. Had the recheck with the Ortho today. Pain improvement took 3 days. Some mild heat and swelling the day after but didn't last long. Injection site was a bit painful for about 3/4 days but completely tolerable. The Dr's projection is that I should get 6 months out of. These injections help me tremendously! My knees aren't 100% but never will be again anyway. My mobility and pain level improvement is easily 60% if not a bit more. I'm thrilled! Ortho specialist has recommended bicycle or eliptical as appropriate exercise. Very happy there has been this much improvement in such a short time!"

jamaicaluvin (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I dose injection yesterday. Severe pain last night and today. Nausea and chills"

Happyretired June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had one problem since I was 10. Patella dislocations. I am 43 and had a partial knee replacement already. They knew that had not had any surgeries and recieved the SYNVISC shot. The worst pain ever. Someone had to hold my leg. I could barely stand and limped in horrible pain. My leg has a big bruise and knot where the shot was administered and the pain had been the same. Praying the pain subsides but I don't have months to wait for relief.I don't think I'll be getting another. The pain had me crying on the bus ride home and I have a high pain tolerance."

Busy Bronx Gamma (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "The cost was $2000 for a single injection and there was no improvement in my level of pain. I would like to know if this charge is normal for this product. Just because Medicare paid for it doesn't mean there shouldn't be value received."

Minnieddo (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I too, had a similar experience. My first injection given to lateral knee site with mild stiffness and pain. My second injection given to inner part of knee with severe stiffness and pain, this was Wednesday. I called the doctor to report my symptoms and he prescribed Toradol on Friday same week. I've been limping struggling to get around with minimal relief and the swelling and stiffness is still there. I also had a low grade fever. It's now Sunday and I will be calling my doctor on Monday. I wondered if it was because of the different location, but I don't know. I watched a video on the internet by a doctor explaining and performing the injection procedure. He said the injection needs to be given in a very precise area of knee laterally preferred."

Bern d May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "1st injection= mild swelling then relief. Injection 2 = intense swelling and pain. Synovitis. Had to get a steroid shot. Injection 3= they felt maybe the 2nd injection was in the wrong place and wanted to try again I did. Worse swelling and pain. It is not a suck it up buttercup thing. I am an ironman and have had surgeries. This is abnormal and swelling to the degree of not being able to bend my knee to 90 degrees. Nor straighten. It is painful and tight. Bad reaction not good and not normal. Now I will be at the Doc Monday 72 hrs post injection b/c I am so swollen I can hardly function. He will draw fluid off and give me a steroid injection. This is awful anyway - too common."

Trifitgal (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "The first two nights, I could sleep on my side without pain, but the third night I could not and the third and fourth mornings I woke up with sharp pain in both knees making it difficult to walk. This is actually worse than before I had the injections. Am I expecting too much? When can I expect the pain to go away or at least not be present with every step I take?"

Jonnithan (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I need bi-lateral knee replacement but due to being only 50 we are trying to put it off if we can. Had both knees injected April 24/17. No numbing used and the injections were quite unpleasant. I'm on day 4 and feel minimal difference in the right knee and still have dreadful pain in the left. Unless something changes in the next couple of days I most likely will not do this again. Have opted to get the surgery."

L.Dub April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Its been 3 weeks since my first Synvisc One injection in both knees, left knee unbearable pain since day of injection. Pain in places I didn't have before. Pain behind my knee and down my leg, can't sleep, walk or barely drive without pain. I am a professional dog walker and this was supposed to help not hurt. Will never get again! (I'm 42, severe bone on bone arthritis in both knees, have had 4 years of cortisone injections every few months, and take anti inflammatory prescription daily, have tried physical therapy 3 times) I guess I will just wait for knee replacements, and put my life on hold until then."

AmyJo Dog Walker (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "The pain went away for about 2 weeks and then the pain came back strong. I think the Synvisc one doesn't do what they say it does. There needs to be another form of injection without having to go to the doctor 5 weeks in a row that will last a true six months this Synvisc one shot was not worth the money that they charge the health insurance and myself"

Cooper992 April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Cost me $700.00 and it did absolutely nothing. Waste of money. My Mom and cousin had the same results."

GZach April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I was told I had osteoarthritis and surgery is not an option on my knee due to my age. I had the cortisone shot in August. It did nothing. Therefore, I had the Synvics-one in March. Oh my god, there ought to be law that ALL doctors should be frank with their patients, who are in severe pain and seek relief. Low and behold, I had the shot which was somewhat painful, but bearable. The first night I was in agony...could not sleep for the pain. It has been a week, and severe stiffness has set in. A friend recommend Blue emu for the pain, and Tylenol. The Blue Emu helps, but the pain (which is as worst as last week) is beginning to subside during the day. At night...just horrible, I awake ever two to three hours with pain! Never!!!"

ADINMEOELN2 March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I received the Synvisc-One injection in early February in both knees. The injection was extremely painful for one knee. It's a month later, I'm still in pain especially at bedtime. Lots of pain/stiffness in my calves and behind my knees. Not sure if I would receive another injection. Can surgery be worse?"

JDM II March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had all three of these type of shots over approx 12-13 years now, first the synvic, had moderate relief for 9 months, Doctor no longer accepted my insurance. New Dr and used Hyalgan, great results, even getting 2 years at a time even playing softball. Now moved to Florida and trying the supartz once already, not real good results but trying it again, into my second shot, lets see"

Ptp346 March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "This injection is only effective if you have mild arthritis. If you have almost no cartilage left it is useless. I wish I had known this before I tried this injection. I have moderate-severe arthritis and got a week or 2 of relief."

Tried it March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Complete relief for 6 months now. I have taken the shot 4 times every 6 months.no side effects"

Maj735 February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Not really sure. Had a cortisone shot first which did nothing. I then tried the synvisc one. I really didn't have much pain from the injection. I still have pain but it's not as bad as it was. It's been about a week and a half since I've gotten it. From what I've read it may take Month to get full relief. Will report back later."

Anonymous January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Went from having pain so bad with Miniscus tear 2 days after Injection. Completely pain free for over 18 Months time to get it done again Product is Excellent"

Theanswer47601 January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Having lost a quarter shape size of cartilage in my right knee, so bone on bone in that one and in the left knee advanced osteo which hurts more than the right, I know about pain. Synvisc is the best! I take 3 shots over 3 weeks ( 2ml per injection) and it lasts anywhere from 3-5 months. The lasting relief is that I don't get pain from walking or sudden nerve pains in the duration. everyone is different but I just get the shots done, no numbing..that's just silly cuz it's only a needle for God's sake. Yes, I sometimes get swelling after shots but reading some claims about "ruining my life" and "pain" is really foreign to me. I really like Synvisc, it greatly improves my quality of life. My advise is to "suck it up buttercup" get the shots."

Jason O (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017