User Reviews for Hylan g-f 20

Also known as: Synvisc, Synvisc-One

Learn more about Hylan g-f 20.

Osteoarthritis 101 reviews 350 medications

6.2
Summary of Hylan g-f 20 reviews 101 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Hylan g-f 20

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I too, had a similar experience. My first injection given to lateral knee site with mild stiffness and pain. My second injection given to inner part of knee with severe stiffness and pain, this was Wednesday. I called the doctor to report my symptoms and he prescribed Toradol on Friday same week. I've been limping struggling to get around with minimal relief and the swelling and stiffness is still there. I also had a low grade fever. It's now Sunday and I will be calling my doctor on Monday. I wondered if it was because of the different location, but I don't know. I watched a video on the internet by a doctor explaining and performing the injection procedure. He said the injection needs to be given in a very precise area of knee laterally preferred."

Bern d May 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "1st injection= mild swelling then relief. Injection 2 = intense swelling and pain. Synovitis. Had to get a steroid shot. Injection 3= they felt maybe the 2nd injection was in the wrong place and wanted to try again I did. Worse swelling and pain. It is not a suck it up buttercup thing. I am an ironman and have had surgeries. This is abnormal and swelling to the degree of not being able to bend my knee to 90 degrees. Nor straighten. It is painful and tight. Bad reaction not good and not normal. Now I will be at the Doc Monday 72 hrs post injection b/c I am so swollen I can hardly function. He will draw fluid off and give me a steroid injection. This is awful anyway - too common."

Trifitgal (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "The first two nights, I could sleep on my side without pain, but the third night I could not and the third and fourth mornings I woke up with sharp pain in both knees making it difficult to walk. This is actually worse than before I had the injections. Am I expecting too much? When can I expect the pain to go away or at least not be present with every step I take?"

Jonnithan (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I need bi-lateral knee replacement but due to being only 50 we are trying to put it off if we can. Had both knees injected April 24/17. No numbing used and the injections were quite unpleasant. I'm on day 4 and feel minimal difference in the right knee and still have dreadful pain in the left. Unless something changes in the next couple of days I most likely will not do this again. Have opted to get the surgery."

L.Dub April 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Its been 3 weeks since my first Synvisc One injection in both knees, left knee unbearable pain since day of injection. Pain in places I didn't have before. Pain behind my knee and down my leg, can't sleep, walk or barely drive without pain. I am a professional dog walker and this was supposed to help not hurt. Will never get again! (I'm 42, severe bone on bone arthritis in both knees, have had 4 years of cortisone injections every few months, and take anti inflammatory prescription daily, have tried physical therapy 3 times) I guess I will just wait for knee replacements, and put my life on hold until then."

AmyJo Dog Walker (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "The pain went away for about 2 weeks and then the pain came back strong. I think the Synvisc one doesn't do what they say it does. There needs to be another form of injection without having to go to the doctor 5 weeks in a row that will last a true six months this Synvisc one shot was not worth the money that they charge the health insurance and myself"

Cooper992 April 3, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Cost me $700.00 and it did absolutely nothing. Waste of money. My Mom and cousin had the same results."

GZach April 2, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I was told I had osteoarthritis and surgery is not an option on my knee due to my age. I had the cortisone shot in August. It did nothing. Therefore, I had the Synvics-one in March. Oh my god, there ought to be law that ALL doctors should be frank with their patients, who are in severe pain and seek relief. Low and behold, I had the shot which was somewhat painful, but bearable. The first night I was in agony...could not sleep for the pain. It has been a week, and severe stiffness has set in. A friend recommend Blue emu for the pain, and Tylenol. The Blue Emu helps, but the pain (which is as worst as last week) is beginning to subside during the day. At night...just horrible, I awake ever two to three hours with pain! Never!!!"

ADINMEOELN2 March 8, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I received the Synvisc-One injection in early February in both knees. The injection was extremely painful for one knee. It's a month later, I'm still in pain especially at bedtime. Lots of pain/stiffness in my calves and behind my knees. Not sure if I would receive another injection. Can surgery be worse?"

JDM II March 7, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had all three of these type of shots over approx 12-13 years now, first the synvic, had moderate relief for 9 months, Doctor no longer accepted my insurance. New Dr and used Hyalgan, great results, even getting 2 years at a time even playing softball. Now moved to Florida and trying the supartz once already, not real good results but trying it again, into my second shot, lets see"

Ptp346 March 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "This injection is only effective if you have mild arthritis. If you have almost no cartilage left it is useless. I wish I had known this before I tried this injection. I have moderate-severe arthritis and got a week or 2 of relief."

Tried it March 2, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Complete relief for 6 months now. I have taken the shot 4 times every 6 months.no side effects"

Maj735 February 9, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Not really sure. Had a cortisone shot first which did nothing. I then tried the synvisc one. I really didn't have much pain from the injection. I still have pain but it's not as bad as it was. It's been about a week and a half since I've gotten it. From what I've read it may take Month to get full relief. Will report back later."

Anonymous January 29, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "Went from having pain so bad with Miniscus tear 2 days after Injection. Completely pain free for over 18 Months time to get it done again Product is Excellent"

Theanswer47601 January 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Having lost a quarter shape size of cartilage in my right knee, so bone on bone in that one and in the left knee advanced osteo which hurts more than the right, I know about pain. Synvisc is the best! I take 3 shots over 3 weeks ( 2ml per injection) and it lasts anywhere from 3-5 months. The lasting relief is that I don't get pain from walking or sudden nerve pains in the duration. everyone is different but I just get the shots done, no numbing..that's just silly cuz it's only a needle for God's sake. Yes, I sometimes get swelling after shots but reading some claims about "ruining my life" and "pain" is really foreign to me. I really like Synvisc, it greatly improves my quality of life. My advise is to "suck it up buttercup" get the shots."

Jason O (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "The first time I had a synvisc shot it worked really well with no side effects. The second time I had a shot in both knees and was in a pain, had cramping in my calves and was pretty miserable for about 2 weeks. Now I have popping in my knees as if the fluid got underneath the knee cap or around that area so every time I walk my knees pop and it drives me crazy. I never had this before I got my last shots, so now not only do I have osteoarthritis due to loss of cartilage I now have another complication with every step. I don't believe I will have another shot, and I wish there was some sort of compensation for this."

Cricketb53 January 5, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "A very pleasant experience, some strange sensations but they were expected. Got the injection December 21, 2016 @ my Ortho's office. Very happy. Used a recumbent bike today at the gym the first time in 6 months without my unloader brace."

McDonell (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had 2 injections over the past year. I am reading many reviews where there is pain when the injection is given! The doctor numbs the knee, but the injection is very painful. This pain lasts several hours and I do have swelling. Once the initial pain and swelling is over, I feel the Synvisc is working. I was having pain up and down the right leg radiating from the knee. That pain is gone and I am able to take my daily walks. I am 62 and led a very active and athletic life. Though I can't run the half-marathons anymore, my daily life is pretty normal with minimal knee pain."

RRN482 December 27, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I'd gotten the synvisc 1 shot injection annually the past 2 years. I went in on 10/16 to get a preventative shot and since my insurance deductibles had been met for the year, I wanted to get it before end of year. My knee began swelling up as soon as I got home, with lots of pain. I went in a day later and have him drain it, then a couple days later and had him drain it again. I never got any infection however, the Dr stated that around 5% of the patients will have a bad reaction.. It's now Dec'16 and I still have pain (no swelling, just burning/pain on inside of the knee). Some days worse than others.. some days I can walk without much pain, other days, hurts like hell to walk on it. Also hurts while sleeping.. some night worse than others. NO MORE"

rcz58z (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Not sure why all of these negative experiences. 59 years old with osteoarthritis in both knees, bone on bone inside left. Arthroscopic surgery two years ago to clean left helped with swelling and some pain. Taking shots every six months in both knees for two years. Definitely works......... received my black belt in martial arts earlier this year and never would've accomplished that without the shots."

JRPJR** (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Originally I had SynviscOne injection 4/2016, & although it took about 6+ wks for my knees to feel full benefit, I was pain free about 4-5 months. It was great!! (Not everyone experiences the same benefit for the same amount of time, I was told.) I started getting knee pain pretty badly again late Aug & by mid-Sept. I couldn't take the pain so I got steroid injections in both knees. My insur only allows 2 SynviscOne injections/yr. By the end of Oct. the steroid injections had worn off so I got another SynviscOne injection each knee. It's now 6+ weeks later (Dec. 10) & haven't had much relief to speak of. I'm hopeful in next 10 days or so I'll feel more relief, but honestly it's the best med I've had for my knees."

tucsongirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Acute pain and swelling 6 hrs after the injection , unable to walk, difficult to sleep. Can't bend my knee and in absolute agony. Day 5 and my entire life is on hold as it very difficult to move, wish I would never have had the shot- dangerous!!"

Anonymous December 4, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "My poor left knee was just ruined, to the point that I had to stay off of it for two weeks, then hobble to the Doctor's office on crutches. Osteoarthritis, the bane of people over 60. I got a shot in the knee (just a tiny sting for a few seconds). This has been like a miracle. I'm not ready to take up tap dancing, but 90% of the pain was gone by the next day. Its just been wonderful, and I'm SO glad I went to the doctor, instead of being stubborn and refusing to go."

Bippo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I've had multiple Synvisc, cortisone and aerations over the last 5 years. The process is easy and pretty much painless. The results were beneficial, but the pain would always return (usually in 6 month intervals) and get progressively worse in frequnecy and intensity. When the pain got so bad it was difficult to walk, then I would schedule another appointment. A little over 1year and 3 months ago, I decided to start strengthening my leg muscles with weights as apposed to cardio by walking and the elliptical. Do not do the leg extensions as I found out these only make things worse. I do leg presses and reverse leg curls with a compression brace on both knees. Most of the pain is gone (90%) at this time period and is still getting better."

Tilly100 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 9, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I just experienced my first Synvisc injection yesterday. It was my first time with Synvisc after previously having a cortisone injection in my right knee. The cortisone offered no relief at all, plus I experienced redness in my face and agitation to the point that I couldn't sleep for two days. My initial apprehension with the Synvisc shot was over how the actual shot would feel. Bravery is not my strong point!. I have not had enough time to evaluate how well it works yet but I can already feel an improvement. They drained a lot of fluid from my knee beforehand which I hear helps it work. The actual procedure and shot was virtually painless. The P.A. took his time and honestly, I didn't even feel a little pinch. I was very very pleased."

BigJoeD57 November 5, 2016