User Reviews for Hylan g-f 20

Also known as: Synvisc, Synvisc-One

Learn more about Hylan g-f 20.

Osteoarthritis 121 reviews 350 medications

6.4
Summary of Hylan g-f 20 reviews 121 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Hylan g-f 20

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Had Synvisc 1 injection Sept 14 2017. Injection was very painful but well worth it. With injection and continued physical therapy 100% improved in first week. I did have acid refluxed 3 hours after the injection but I do have food allergies and discussed this with my Orthopedist before receiving the injection. This injection may not be for everyone but is definitely for me."

Miss Hat Lady September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have severe arthritis in my right knee I had arthroscopic surgery 20 years ago and now I am in need of a knee replacement. I have been getting Cortizone injections and thought I might try Synvisc . I Had first injection Monday, September 11 and the next day I had swelling and severe pain . I have been in pain since I can barely walk I didn't know I have this kind of pain before I had this injunction . And due to get another on Monday but I'm not going to do it I'm in too much pain it's not worth it !"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my first shot of Synvisc in my right knee in February 2016 as it kept clicking/popping due to OA. Found the first shot to be amazing. Was walking normally the next day. Six weeks later decided to have my left knee done. Again, amazing, I could walk without any problems. 6-7 months later I had both knees done at the same time. Lost some weight, rode exercise bike and walked a lot. This time, I had nine months of relief. Went back for third round. Had Synvisc in right knee and anther product in left. No problems with left knee, but right knee swelled up and had to be drained (twice). I had obviously built up a sensitivity to it. Right knee is back to clicking/popping every couples of steps, which is really annoying."

Didn't mind it (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Had meniscus tear surgery five years ago on right knees. I was walking two to three miles five days a week. Beginning January 2017 started having knee pain and cannot walk half a mile. My ortho surgeon suggested some knee exercise and physical therapy. Went thru six weeks of physical therapy but did not help. Got corticosteroid shot back in June 2017. Ninety percent pain free for about two months and then back to same knee pain I had before the corticosteroid shot .My ortho doctor suggested to try Synvisc gel injection treatment. Just got Synvisc gel injection 24 hours ago. This injection was little more painful compare to corticosteroid shot but able to walk to parking lot and my wife drove me back to home. I am already feeling lot better"

Jash Patel September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have arthritis in my knee. I had so much pain I walked with a heavy limp. I just turned 51. I don't want to have a knee replacement so I tried steroid injections, didn't work. I was recommended synvisc injections and It gave me relief along with 1200 mg. Fresh health care pure turmeric with bioperine. Amazon sells 3 mo. supply for $20. Mix 2 caps (broke open of course) with olive oil, enough to bind it and take it that way for max obsorbtion. That stuff is amazing with the injection I can do what I want most of the time."

Tfryman (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have been reading the reviews and I'm wondering if I got the same meds as, the folks who wrote these reviews. I got the shots in both, knees, not a numbing shot before the Synvis., Before shots it was very painful to even walk, needed a cane for some stability. The night of the first shots my knees we're tender but when my feet hit the floor the next morning I could not believe it. No pain, felt great. My Dr. Said that was very unusual. Pain subsides, over time not immediately. Received the series of 3 shots 4 years, ago this month. My knees are not as good as they were when I first got the shots but they are still better than before the shots. My doctor is surprised with results .I would advise anyone to go for the synvis injections."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I just got the injection at 4:30. It is now 6 PM and I can not walk on my leg. My side of my thigh hurts. The nurse took me to my car in a wheelchair because I could not walk. She said she has never seen anyone react that way. People get the injection and walk out. Not me. I will never get that injection again. The pain afterwards was horrible"

Veh August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I am experiencing more pain 2 weeks post injection than I had prior to it. I have a great deal of stiffness. My knee is locked up and when walking will buckle under me. The injections are very painful, and the doctor must have irritated a nerve, because I'd have severe pain at the injection site from just brushing touch. Never, ever again!"

Pssdandinpain (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "After suffering acute hip pain ,femer odema, shock wave therapy,MRI scans revealed loss of cartilage and some arthritis ,I had a cortizone injection which worked for 2 weeks and back to 10/10 pain .I had the Synvisc-one injection which was very painful and had no effect for 4 weeks after which every day mobility improved and pain free movement ,with regular physiotherapy the mobility continues to improve every day after the treatment 4 months ago and I hope the results continue .100% recommend the product ,thanks so much for my improved quality of life ."

Snowy198316 August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Had my first injection of Syn-visc 1 yesterday and have first total relief from knee pain in 10 years. The injection was not as painful as my cortisone injections. Hope I can stay pain free for a long time."

Anonymous July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "2nd Shot of Synvisc in 8 months. I had worse knee pain and discomfort and develop severe muscle hip pain. A $1000 a shot!! I feel that originally I had minimal relief but feel that this drug is overrated. I had to have a Cortisone shot which gave me comfort and relief from severe pain and it was only $20! If need be I can get one every (3) months but most people will receive the injection every (6) months. A new drug is going to be released soon after it's trial and it is called Ampe. I am hoping that it will be successful. No one wants to get their knee replaced and it is a final result . . ."

audio217 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "After making the mistake of reading reviews of this treatment on a few sites - I felt I had to share my experience. What I had read scared me and made me pretty anxious. First off - about me. Mid 50s - way overweight and the knee I was working with had torn cartilage removed in late 80s. Didn't work. Now bone on bone and it crunches when I bend or move it wrong way I had the Synvisc 1 treatment 2 days ago and it started with a needle for the freezing. Then a needle for the steroid. Finally the S1. When it was done, I felt good - no pain or anything so I attributed that maybe to the freezing. Pain is now almost gone - very little bone crunching. GP said 2-3 wks for full potential. Cant wait. I recommend but every individual is different"

Canada Fat Guy (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "For anyone considering SYNVISC, I'd like to share that I've had both knees done twice & will continue to have the injections. Some background: I'm 59 yrs old, 5'6", approx 175lbs. The first time I had SYNVISC injects. (in both knees), it took about 5 weeks to experience the full benefits, but once it "kicked in," there was ZERO pain & complete fluid mobility! For almost a year, my knees felt "brand new!" I've recently had a second set of injections (both knees) and although there has been a bit more to pain in the recovery, each day there is definite improvement. I must caution anyone who gets these injections not to panic if there is noticable pain initially after the injections. Take it easy. It gets better!"

MetacommGal June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I received the synvisc one injection 3 months ago, it did not help my pain ,it causes me more pain and suffering. I barely can walk or sleep. The back of my knee after waking up to start my day, I can't bend my knee without extremely pain. A week after injection I had started dragging my leg because the pain is unbearable. How can I have this injection removed from my knee. I can't live with this very very very very bad pain from the synvisc one injection. the back and front of my knee is agony."

I don't have a nickname June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm not entirely sure which Synvisc injection I just received in both knees, perhaps Synvisc-One as the physician said it could provide pain relief for up to 6 months... I was, periodically, taking Ibuprofen when my knee pain flared up. Anyway, immediately after he injected both knees they felt much better. I thought, maybe, there was some type of Novocaine combined with the injection, but I think the pain relief was most likely just the Synvisc. It's now been almost 48 hours since the injections and I would say my pain reduced dramatically and immediately. I hope it does last for up to 6 months. Your "mileage" may vary, but I hope it works as well for you as it seems to be doing for me. -Nat-"

Anonymous June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I had this injection, and I am now very crippled. The pain is intense. I cannot recommend this treatment. I wish I had never done it. Insult to injury it is expensive, and I am stuck paying for it."

Sierrafox (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my first Synvisc-One injections in both knees 4 weeks ago. Had the recheck with the Ortho today. Pain improvement took 3 days. Some mild heat and swelling the day after but didn't last long. Injection site was a bit painful for about 3/4 days but completely tolerable. The Dr's projection is that I should get 6 months out of. These injections help me tremendously! My knees aren't 100% but never will be again anyway. My mobility and pain level improvement is easily 60% if not a bit more. I'm thrilled! Ortho specialist has recommended bicycle or eliptical as appropriate exercise. Very happy there has been this much improvement in such a short time!"

jamaicaluvin (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I dose injection yesterday. Severe pain last night and today. Nausea and chills"

Happyretired June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had one problem since I was 10. Patella dislocations. I am 43 and had a partial knee replacement already. They knew that had not had any surgeries and recieved the SYNVISC shot. The worst pain ever. Someone had to hold my leg. I could barely stand and limped in horrible pain. My leg has a big bruise and knot where the shot was administered and the pain had been the same. Praying the pain subsides but I don't have months to wait for relief.I don't think I'll be getting another. The pain had me crying on the bus ride home and I have a high pain tolerance."

Busy Bronx Gamma (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "The cost was $2000 for a single injection and there was no improvement in my level of pain. I would like to know if this charge is normal for this product. Just because Medicare paid for it doesn't mean there shouldn't be value received."

Minnieddo (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I too, had a similar experience. My first injection given to lateral knee site with mild stiffness and pain. My second injection given to inner part of knee with severe stiffness and pain, this was Wednesday. I called the doctor to report my symptoms and he prescribed Toradol on Friday same week. I've been limping struggling to get around with minimal relief and the swelling and stiffness is still there. I also had a low grade fever. It's now Sunday and I will be calling my doctor on Monday. I wondered if it was because of the different location, but I don't know. I watched a video on the internet by a doctor explaining and performing the injection procedure. He said the injection needs to be given in a very precise area of knee laterally preferred."

Bern d May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "1st injection= mild swelling then relief. Injection 2 = intense swelling and pain. Synovitis. Had to get a steroid shot. Injection 3= they felt maybe the 2nd injection was in the wrong place and wanted to try again I did. Worse swelling and pain. It is not a suck it up buttercup thing. I am an ironman and have had surgeries. This is abnormal and swelling to the degree of not being able to bend my knee to 90 degrees. Nor straighten. It is painful and tight. Bad reaction not good and not normal. Now I will be at the Doc Monday 72 hrs post injection b/c I am so swollen I can hardly function. He will draw fluid off and give me a steroid injection. This is awful anyway - too common."

Trifitgal (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "The first two nights, I could sleep on my side without pain, but the third night I could not and the third and fourth mornings I woke up with sharp pain in both knees making it difficult to walk. This is actually worse than before I had the injections. Am I expecting too much? When can I expect the pain to go away or at least not be present with every step I take?"

Jonnithan (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "I need bi-lateral knee replacement but due to being only 50 we are trying to put it off if we can. Had both knees injected April 24/17. No numbing used and the injections were quite unpleasant. I'm on day 4 and feel minimal difference in the right knee and still have dreadful pain in the left. Unless something changes in the next couple of days I most likely will not do this again. Have opted to get the surgery."

L.Dub April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Synvisc-One (hylan g-f 20) for Osteoarthritis: "Its been 3 weeks since my first Synvisc One injection in both knees, left knee unbearable pain since day of injection. Pain in places I didn't have before. Pain behind my knee and down my leg, can't sleep, walk or barely drive without pain. I am a professional dog walker and this was supposed to help not hurt. Will never get again! (I'm 42, severe bone on bone arthritis in both knees, have had 4 years of cortisone injections every few months, and take anti inflammatory prescription daily, have tried physical therapy 3 times) I guess I will just wait for knee replacements, and put my life on hold until then."

AmyJo Dog Walker (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017