User Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/lisinopril to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 3)

Also known as: Zestoretic

Hydrochlorothiazide/lisinopril Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/lisinopril

schapy November 7, 2010

“Since starting this medicine a year ago blood pressure has been a steady 120/70 almost every time. However I have noticed that if I have a cold I will get a little light headed for about 1-3 hours after taking Lisinopril. But not enough of a problem to slow me down much.”

pookie5353 May 27, 2010

Zestoretic (hydrochlorothiazide / lisinopril): “Been taking Zestoretic 10/12.5 for a few weeks now and it has done a great job at reducing my BP to where I want it (not too high, not too low), but just a couple of weeks ago I was thinking of giving it up because of the constant annoying cough. It went from a tickle to downright chest discomfort. But for some reason that I can't explain the coughing eased up ( didn't do anything different) to the point where I can tolerate it. Hopefully some day it will be gone for good.”

Anonymous December 12, 2009

“I was recently switched to Lisinopril 20mg/ HCTZ 12.5 mg from Tekturna HCT because my insurance no longer covered the Tekturna. After 2 months of taking nothing my blood pressure went from 176/104 to 108/68 taking the lisinopril/HCTZ. Very mild side effects i.e an occasional cough but nothing alarming. So, I'm pleased with the switch although I was very irritated about the insurance company's unwillingness to keep me on the Tekturna HCT which worked well for me also.”

foxy1 December 9, 2009

“Although Lisinopril-Hydrochlorothiazide worked very well for lowering my blood pressure and not causing swelling there were some problems that have caused me to seek a different solution to my high BP. The first thing that occurred was sudden, painful night leg cramps. This happened each night from 1 to 5 times. I also had new painful attacks of arthritis in my toes and instep. I also had warnings of kidney stone formation and crystals in my urine. Finally, I experienced heaviness in my legs that made it difficult to walk quickly.”

Anonymous November 5, 2009

“I took this medicine for several months. There definitely was a cough, it also affected my sinuses. Then I started developing headaches. I thought it was viral in nature but this continued on for 2 months. Then my hair started to fall out and I stopped taking this medicine. Took several days for it to leave my system and I feel much better without it.”

TCTommyG October 7, 2009

Zestoretic (hydrochlorothiazide / lisinopril): “Initially I had to get used to the dizzy feeling after standing up too quickly. I rise slower now. I combat the mild dry mouth and cough by drinking lots of water. The diuretic effect, plus my coffee and water intake in the morning, makes me wish I could move my cubicle into the bathroom. That effect tapers off during the day.”

Anonymous August 27, 2009

“I've been on this medicine for 3 months and have experienced no adverse effects. My blood pressure was 180/95 and now stays steady at 126/80. It did take a few days to adjust to it, but overall I find it beneficial.”

Anonymous August 23, 2009

Prinzide (hydrochlorothiazide / lisinopril): “I have been taking this medicine since age 46. I am now 60. Although I have had a steadily increasing dose over the years (now 20/25 twice/day), my pressure has been controlled from an initial 155/90 to its present 125/80. I have had virtually no side effects, although due to the high dosage of hydrochlorothiazide, I have to be careful not to overdue the sun exposure.”

Anonymous February 28, 2009

Zestoretic (hydrochlorothiazide / lisinopril): “I do very good on this medicine. I started out at higher dose. I am now down to 5mgs. I am 76 years young. I stopped smoking in October 4, 2007.”

Norasfreezin February 21, 2009

“I started this drug a few weeks ago, and along with Coreg has done wonders for my blood pressure. However, I am experiencing the "cough".”

njguy4mom February 12, 2009

“My mom start taking this medicine since last week and has started coughing. Her doctor had to switch her from Hyzaar to this medicine as her insurance no longer covered Hyzaar.”

littlefoot1847 January 6, 2009

Zestoretic (hydrochlorothiazide / lisinopril): “It works great for blood pressure but there is a tickle cough associated with it.”

150/94 August 31, 2008

“After one week on Lisinopril HCTZ my blood pressure went from 150/94 to 124/74. I am experiencing the coughing side effect though which is distracting during conversation.”