User Reviews for Guselkumab

Also known as: Tremfya

Guselkumab has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 28 ratings on Drugs.com. 69% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 19% reported a negative effect.

Plaque Psoriasis
7.9
Psoriasis
7.8
Psoriatic Arthritis
Summary of Guselkumab reviews 7.7 28 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Guselkumab

Auntjuju · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I have used every topical ointment steroid cream and anything over the counter for my plaque psoriasis. I have also been on methotrexate for years no results at all. I switched to Humira for a year. Again no results. I was considered 90% covered in lesions all over my body. In my dealing with psoriasis it has effected every aspect of my life. I started tremfya and two shots in I’m 100% clear for the first time in 25 years. My whole life has changed. I have not had any side effects at all. Thank You Tremfa!!”

dukkie · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 7, 2021

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “It worked so good it cleared me up 100%. I saved my life and I'm not kidding. I had it so bad I didn't want to live and nothing was helping. This drug worked like no other. I have tried them all. The best part is that it worked in weeks, not months”

Rick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 11, 2021

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “After 2 years of light treatments for my psoriasis that did very little, 1 year of costentyx that got rid of about 30% of plaque psoriasis, that seemed to be coming back at the end. I tried Tremfya and it cleared up all patches of psoriasis on my head, back, knees, thighs, arms and even the redness is gone. I have been using tremfya for one year now and with no noticeable side effects. I'm completely happy with it.”

GK · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2019

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “After second shot of Tremfya, both shoulder joints and wrists hurt. Shoulders are worse than wrists. These pains were not there before. But psoriasis is almost gone with 99 percent clearance. Hopefully, the joint pains will go away. Tremfya research staff could make a real difference by collating information from side-effects database filed both with Tremfya itself, doctors around the country, and the FDA. How long do the joint pains last? What percentage of patients gave up on Tremfya because the pains will not go away? After how long did they give up? For those that stayed with Tremfya, how long do pains typically last? All these important information is hidden in the data. Instead, we have almost zero information with the Tremfya nurses and the dermatologists also have no clue. Patients are literally on their own. Would the responsible party, in this case Tremfya and the FDA please step up to the plate and do their job? “Please ask your doctor” is not an answer.”

Rere October 5, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I have been on Humira and Stelera and now Tremfya for a year and a half and it has been the best medication for my plaque Psoriasis! I’m 98% clear from psoriasis for the first time in 37 years!!! I worry in 5 years when I have Medicare and a supplemental it will not be covered! But it’s been amazing for me”

Redapplescalp · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 24, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “My scalp use to be cover with flakes, rough red skin patches on my scalp, behind ears, very itching and embarrassing all the time for 20 years. Try all medical treatments and including sulfate tree shampoo, conditioner. Started using Tremfya in February 2020 saw results within a month. Now I am clear 98% I love it. I hate syringes, but this treatment has clear psoriasis.”

Aychicks · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2021

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “I have scalp psoriasis and arthritis and am allergic to steroids, tried topical nothing worked. Took my first Tremfya injection last night and I feel horrible, like I have been hit by a truck. Can barely get out of bed, if this is what it’s going to be like I’m not going to take it.. not worth it, praying I feel better tomorrow.”

M January 21, 2021

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “Been on Tremfya for 2 years now. Completely got rid of my psoriasis. I get fever blisters every shot though. Recently had flare up of HPV that I haven’t had in. 23yrs.... same partner nothing new. Thinking Tremfya may have caused this since it can cause herpes simplex to flare up it’s a possibility.”

KMC · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I had plaque psoriasis for three years after getting a strep throat infection from my daughter. After ointments creams, steroid packs etc (UVB narrow band treatments as well) nothing worked. By the time I had my third Tremfya injection my red patches and scaly skin were gone. It was amazing for me and I was very very frustrated.”

Canadianguy February 21, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I've been on many bios over the last decade. They switched me to tremfya about a year ago from stelara, and I really wish they hadn't. Tremfya works somewhat for the first and second dose. After that it goes to 8 weeks and you suffer for at least half of those. I find it to barely keep psoriasis at bay for the first 3 weeks, then after that you are inflamed and get new spots. Tremfya is absolutely the LEAST effective bio I have used.”

Kari · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2019

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I had incredible, real results within 4 days of my 1st injection. I went from nearly 80% lesion coverage to no lesions at all. I am 3 months in with no side effects. I am so incredibly grateful. I realize this won't be everyone's outcome. For me the risk was well worth it.”

Keziah · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 27, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I have been on Tremfya for 8 months now. It cleared me up quite a lot within the first 3 months but sadly I saw no more progress since then. I have never been completely clear within the entire time I've been on it. I've also experienced multiple BAD flare ups while taking it. Sadly.. it just didn't work for me. I was hoping to be fully clear by 6 months but that just wasn't the case. I'm seeing my Dermatologist this week to hopefully swap to something else.”

KSlice · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 29, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriasis: “I have been on Tremfya for about 12 months now and have really loved the results. I do have small flare ups just before I am due to take my next injection but over all I have remained psoriasis free. I do have some joint pain which I assume is from the Tremfya but even so it is worth it. Wes, I think you will find getting hypothyroidism could be linked to already having an autoimmune condition such as psoriasis. Often when you have one auto immune condition you are at risk of ending up with two or three. I have both of these conditions. I find intermittent fasting does help a little bit with my overall health.”

Wes · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 15, 2019

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriasis: “Started Tremfya Feb 2019 after Taltz stopped working for my psoriasis. Currently about 6 months in I got swelling in my neck. Went to my GP and was told I now have hypothyroidism and a low blood count. Not sure if this was caused by Tremfya but am concerned because my next dose is coming up and I don't know what to do. Will be going to see my dermatologist soon to see what he says. Has anyone had anything like this while on this medication.”

LC83 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 4, 2019

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriasis: “Been on Tremfya for about a year now. I had some form of psoriasis on about 80% of my body before I began treatment. After the first injection I had 70% clearer skin and 100% after the second. The needle is tiny and it is really easy to give myself the injection with little to no discomfort. No joint pain, I have hypothyroidism so I cannot comment on the fatigue side effects as I am always tired anyway. Did have minor headaches for a couple days after injections. Loved the drug but within the last month I have started developing plaques on my scalp and elbows again. Sad doesn’t even begin to describe my emotions. I have another 4 weeks until my next injection so we’ll see what happens. Heading back to the dermatologist if my symptoms worsen after that.”

Lee September 26, 2019

Tremfya (guselkumab): “Tremfya did not work quick enough for my Palmar plantar psoriasis After 3rd shot finally some improvement. . The problem is the 1st 2 weeks it finally starts to work then u get relief and feel elated. Then the 6th week it completely wears off and u suffer for 2 weeks until you can take another shot . Then it takes another 2 weeks to feel relief. Shots need to be closer than 8 weeks .”

Bob · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriasis: “I have psoriasis but I take this medicine more for psoriatic arthritis. It has not yet been approved by the FDA as of this writing for that purpose. Other medicines in the same category have been approved for this treatment. My psoriasis plaques cleared about 95% after a few months. No side effects that I've noticed. My only complaint is that you take the medicine every 8 weeks on maintenance dosage. By the 6th week I have bad joint pain flare ups in my knees and hand joints. So usually by that time I'm asking for a cortisone shot and begin taking meloxicam along with it until my next dose.”

Bryan · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 19, 2018

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I've been taking Tremfya for just over 6 months now and I haven't seen any improvement. I was really hoping to get the results others were getting because I've heard 90% of users are clear within 90 days. I haven't experienced any side effects really except I've notice recently I've had to urinate a little more often.”

Toasty · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 11, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriasis: “I’ve been on Tremfya for about a year now. I’ve been a lifelong sufferer of psoriasis and this was the first drug that really cleared up my skin. It’s been amazing but my only issue is that it’s now causing me sensitivity to the sun. I break out with a horrible itchy rash on my hands and chest. I’ve tried all kinds of treatments for that and have yet to find a successful one. Is this happening to anyone else? Do you have a thought about what I can do about it? I waited so many years to have clear skin and now this. ”

Ambo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 26, 2019

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriasis: “Been on Tremfya for over 6 months. Cleared 100% almost immediately. Failed Humira and Cosentyx previously. Body aches and joint pain on the rise. Cold sores occurring. A couple of intense colds . Energy drain. So far worth the side effects for me. For now:)”

Walt · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriasis: “Dermatologist recommended I switch from Enbrel to Tremfya after 7 years of my psoriasis under control. Tremfya did nothing. My scaling came back in multiple areas and I had blotching on my face as well. Bye bye Tremfya.”

Locksloy · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 8, 2019

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriasis: “15 mo on Tremfya for Psoriasis Pros: confidence in public settings, 100% skin clearance, super easy company to work with if insurance won’t cover, once every 8 weeks after startup compared to daily. Cons: many bouts of upper respiratory illnesses, several skin infections, skin sensitivity to sun, diarrhea, extreme tiredness week before my shot, will not help joints.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 5, 2019

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriasis: “I started Tremfya in February 2019. Now my skin is clear, joint pain 90% gone, however, questionable upper respiratory infection after the 2nd shot, and bronchitis after 3rd and now 4th shot. Side effects after 4th shot included worsening bronchitis, fever, chills, and big time malaise... almost flu like symptoms. Continuing to take Tremfya until I can trend the patterns and make sure they are related under my Dr's observations.”

Healing challenge September 19, 2020

Tremfya (guselkumab) for Psoriasis: “Hi, Ive been on steroids few times in past 10 years. The only thing that helps me is healing naturally without steroids and medication. The healing process includes holistic approach not just physical but emotional and spiritual approach.”

Leck · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 23, 2020

For Psoriasis: “I have been on Tremfya for 18 months. I have been on lots of biologic including stelara, humira and a few others. None helped. I have severe psoriasis head to foot and also psoriatic arthritis. I was clear after a few months and improved dramatically within 8 weeks. My arthritis is a 100x better than before too. Only side effect is itching but goes a few days after injection. I don't get infections or any other problems. I am so happy with this treatment after suffering since I was 5 and trying multiple drugs throughout my life. I am now 28 and able to go swimming etc now with my children!”