User Reviews for Glipizide systemic

Diabetes, Type 2
6.3

Summary of Glipizide reviews 6.4 45 reviews

Reviews for Glipizide

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Glipizide works very well in lowering my blood sugar but I gained lot of weight. I thought it was for my normal body change. Until I started feeling terrible with this new big body. I asked my doctor about it, he changed my medicine. I had gained 60 pounds in a year!! When I stopped glipizide I lost first month 20 pounds, and I'm still losing more. Not more glipizide. It is not for me."

Dan (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 9, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I was given this medication many years ago when a doctor told me I was pre-diabetic. In the end it was a wrong diagnosis and it ruined my life. I became hypoglycemic and so today I continue to suffer. Never, ever take any kind of medication without research. Now as a senior citizen I find that we are just guinea pigs for the pharmaceutical companies. Always check what Europeans use and will not use. In the United States we use GMO’s in our foods, our children are at risk. Be very aware of the dangers with autism on the rise, cancer in all of us. Stay away from New medications that have been on the market for less than 10 years."

Neee (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I was put on Glipizide because the tier for victoza changed and it costed $400.00. Since being on Glipizide, my blood sugar would drop after an hour of taking it even when I take it with food. I didn't like the way I felt and if I had to leave the house, I wouldn't take it at all. I went back to using the Victoza I had left and I felt much better. I am now out of Victoza, but I refuse to go back to Glipizide. I'll try diet and exercise to lower my A1c"

Angela Jones (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "This seems to be a good drug . I take 10mg tablets twice daily along with metformin 1000mg morning and 500 mg evening, I am running 78 and morning bp reading is 150/85 and am satisfied and feel comfortable"

madan l gupta (taken for 10 years or more) February 15, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes 1.5 months ago. My A1C was 15.8, Urine Glucose over 500 (test max) and my first home blood glucose test was 577. My doctor had me start with one metformin 500mg ER tablet a day for the first week, then two a day since then. I also was prescribed a 5mg tablet of glipizide a day. My Blood Glucose has been in the 85-150 range the past month. I have modified my diet some. I did experience some diarrhea, though am over it now."

Clay_Stewart (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I just started using glipizide 5 mg 3 weeks ago in combination with metforming 1000mg twice a day. It is a powerful medicine as I noticed my sugar was 300 and 3 hours later it was down to 100. My body was shaking and my stomach was not feeling well. I was told to take medication and eat 30 minutes later and then take metforming after meal. Since my numbers didn't go much over 150 doctor said we didn't need to up to the 10mg a day she thought I would need after the 3 weeks. I was avoiding insulin and was prescribed glipizide, I realize I must start doing it without it. Just use one medication or my stomach will suffer. I had a belly ache and later had to go to the toilet. I also have headaches and need more lotion since I am itchier."

Sugarfighter (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on juniva and metformin for years. It has kept my weight and sugar levels between 91-135. For some reason my doctor decided to take me off that medication and put me on glipizide. In one month I had gained 15 pounds and my blood sugars were in the high 100's low 200's. After two months she decided to switch me back on to juniva. A bit late I think by blood sugar is now up into the 300' reds' and I have packed on another 15 pds. The glipizide ruined my blood sugars and an extra bonus it made me gain weight. DO NOT TAKE GLIPIZIDE FOR A FIRST SECOND OR THIRD CHOICE. TRY EVERYTHING ELSE FIRST!!!! There's no out of pocket experience but you pay dearly with your health."

EmmitPenny1 September 10, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Am a 34 year old male. Diagnosed with Type 2 in April of 2016. Beginning A1C was 8.4. After a horrible start on metformin (gastrointestinal issues), was put on Farxiga 5mg. Using that alone brought me down to a 7.6 in August of 2016. MD upped the Farxiga to 10mg. That only brought me down to a 7.5 in April 2017. MD added Glipizide 2.5mg XL once a day with the Farxiga. Brought my a1c down to a 6.0 in August 2017. The drug combo of these two is working very well for me. The Glipizide has given me that extra kick to get things under control."

DLE1982 August 23, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "If anything my sugar levels have increased while on this med."

row2 August 3, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, two years ago. My A1C 11.9 and 850MG Metformin prescribed which worked OK. 2 weeks blood sugars were 155. Fast forward 20 months blood sugars rockets to 300, then one night 500! Dr says try 1000 mg metformin and I'm down to 300. New Dr. Try Glipizide, 1 week blood sugars 170/ then 135/ now 105!"

Jim, (hopefully gonna be 70) (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

GlipiZIDE XL (glipizide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Fabulous drug. My patients are doing so much better with Glipizide XL. Getting them to goal. Easy to take and no pre meal dosing."

Diabetes RN (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I got the shock of my life when I had blood work done and my sugar read in the 8.0 range. I received a call from the ER telling me I had to come in immediately for an insulin shot. I almost ran there. I went on Glipizide 5 mg., taken twice a day. I was not happy. I knew my weight had a lot to do with it, so I went on a diet. I went from 180 to 100 pounds. My doctor also put me on Metformin. All that did was make me vomit. Today, I control my sugar levels by diet alone. My doctor asks me about every six months if I would be willing to go back on the Metformin. "No thanks. Vomiting is not my favorite activity. Today I am able to keep my A1c around 6.0-6.1. If I can do it so can you. Lose the weight."

Skinny Addie (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 16, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Four years ago I tried Metformin for my type 2 diabetes and had a horrific reaction, severe fainting, stomach pains, diarrhea, cramps, and discontinued. Tried a second time a few weeks later, had same horrrific reaction. This week I started Glipizide and in five days I see a drop in my insulin to 115 from 346 at the start of the week. NO pains, cramps, diarrhea, and can't believe it. Feels like a miracle after my metformin experience."

Marilyn forman (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "My doctor took me off Glipizide 5mg and put me on Toujeo insulin. My diabetes does not do as well as it did on Glipizide. Can I quit Toujeo insulin and go back to Glipizide 5mg?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "In general my glucose control was better but I was getting hypoglycemic during the day, especially after exercising, both manifested by shakiness, sweating, desperate need for snack, empty-headedness. Started bringing my glucose testing kit everywhere with me and found my glucose as low as 54 at the times I checked it. Sometimes I was too shakey to test; fortunately my gym had hard candy which I hate but had to take. I had been on 5 mg twice daily along with Metformin 1000 mg long acting in the evening. Turns out the geriatric dose can be 2.5 mg before breakfast. I may try that since my glucoses are 140-150 off of glipizide despite exercise and mostly plant-based diet whereas it had been 104-116 on it (but hypoglycemia intolerable"

Sue of SF April 24, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Within a few days of starting on a daily dose of 5mg I began having gas to the point that it was embarrassing and had trouble falling asleep every night. Gave up on Glipizide after a month and focused on eating better and getting more exercise instead."

Kermitthehermit (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Ever since I was taken off Metformin and was prescribed Glipizide ER my A1C has drastically gone up to 8 and I've gained weight and my abdomen is huge as if I am 9 months pregnant."

Ms Jess January 25, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Type 2 since 2008 and started on metformin with great results. Over the years the metformin has been progressively increased to the max dose to maintain my A1c at <7. Metformin has now lost its effect and my last A1c was 10.1. Doctor discontinued the metformin and started Januvia 100 mg and Glucotrol xl 2.5 mg, gradually increasing to 20 mg/day. Nothing! The new combo has had absolutely no effect on my blood glucose levels. My FBS are >170 every morning and 2 hr PP around 240! My next drug is the non-insulin injectable, Victoza. I so wish it could be different."

Becca9800 (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Severe stomach pain, nausea, headache after I stopped taking this for a couple of weeks, my symptoms went away. Started taking it again. All the above came back.."

Jepnia January 5, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I've had Type II diabetes. My doctor recently put me on Watson 461 Glipizide ER. Glucose levels came back under control. After this the pharmacy switched me to a "normal" release form. I experienced terribly shoulder aches which woke me up in the middle of the night. I thought these were due to a visit to the gym, but I have been doing exercise for the past 3 years without pain this bad. It took me a while to realize this is what happened when a previous doctor also put me on Glipizide, which resulted in the same excruciating shoulder pain. I've stopped using the medication, and the pain has decreased significantly (I am not woken at night with the excruciating pain any more, pain is still there in the background). Blurry vision too."

50-60 year old male (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2015

Glucotrol (glipizide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Dropped sugar way to much"

Anonymous September 22, 2015

GlipiZIDE XL (glipizide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking Glipizide ER initially with instructions to take it only if my blood glucose level was 180 or higher. I did not have to take it every day, but took it several times a week. Then I was started having a hard time controlling my daily glucose levels. My Hg A1c was higher, so the instructions were changed to 2 in the a.m. and 1 at night. I purchased the medication from a different source and it was a larger pill with now Glipazide XL instead of ER. I have experienced a number of side effects and feel worse with it than before I started taking it. The longer I have taken it the worse I feel. I feel drugged, want to sleep all the time, have a slight headache, more thirsty, constipation on occasion, dry eyes, and more. Yuck!"

SDee7 September 8, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I take a glipizide /metformin combo and have no stomach problems on it. It does quickly lower blood sugar sometimes to hyperglycemia numbers. I was on Glumetza a metformin hcl , coated tablet, non generic, very expensive almost $170.00 per month which had no gastric side effects because it is made by a company that specializes in gastro medication."

RDWP May 27, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Type 2. Active mom, 47, work, dance, sing, travel. 1000mg metformin twice a day, readings with Tradjenta between 140-230. Another doctor recommended yesterday to try Glipizide for 30 days, this morning a surprising 104. Feeling well."

D2Club April 5, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been a Type 2 diabetic since 2007. I take Glipizide which is very effective at keeping my blood sugar levels down. But everyday it gives me an upset stomach and diarrhea which has me miserable. Just yesterday I had to stop what I was doing and rush home to the toilet. Horrible! Just imagine having terrible stomach pains and diarrhea everyday! It wasn%u2019t until recently that I realized this was a side effect of the Glipizide. I thought it was from foods containing Gluten that I have been eating. I had tried Metformin and that is just as bad. I%u2019m in the process of asking my doctor if there is something else I can take that won%u2019t upset my stomach so much. Right now I%u2019m in between jobs but need to get back to work! It%u2019s hard to"

DayStar 5000 January 27, 2015