User Reviews for Ezetimibe to treat High Cholesterol (Page 2)

Also known as: Zetia

Ezetimibe Rating Summary

4.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 280 medications used in the treatment of High Cholesterol.

Reviews for Ezetimibe

Von July 29, 2019

Zetia (ezetimibe): “I can't take statins they make me hurt so bad no pain medicine even works. My cholesterol is so high now and I'm on a strict diet and stay on it at my cholesterol still goes up and now my arteries in my neck are clogged so the doctor decided to try me on Zetia I've been on it for 10 days my stomach is extended so much I thought I gain water in my stomach it hurts so bad my legs cramp I couldn't take the treadmill test because I ran out of air will have to do a chemical test I've had the sweats and chills what is a person to do I don't know where to turn to anymore I guess I inherited my dad's bad genes because he died at 42 and right now I am 69 and had strokes and heart attack it's all crazy”

Rick · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2019

“I am on Ezetimibe 10 mg together with Simvastatin 20 mg for four weeks. In the mean time I stopped Fenofibrate 134 mg . It seems effective to reduce LDL-Cholesterol by 25%, total-Cholesterol by 30%. Don't know why my Trig level was cut in half from 200 to ~100. So far, don't have much side effect, but will watch in the next 3 months.”

BeetheRain July 2, 2019

“Has lowered bad cholesterol and raised good cholesterol , but - Not sure if ezetimbe ( 10 m.g. ) or other medications . Feel completely exhausted , can not tolerate statins ( pain ) Changed PCP's ( a Endocrinologist put me on this medicine + Synjardy X-R + amiloride < due to low potassium) also Blood Pressure medications - Lisinopril 20 mg + Amlodopine Besylate 10 mg ? Over medicated ? Have appointment with PCP tomorrow to discuss . Had very recent Metabolic Profile + Hgb A1C = 5.7 so good BP - 127/67 pulse 67 I take BP medication Lisinopril and Amlodopine Besylate at night as too tired if take in day . I take Synjardy and Ezetimbe and Amilirodine in morning , from Endocrinologist last July and great diabetic control med- diet and Home testing NOTE I have Lost > 40 + pounds since August 2018 and dropped from 44 waist to 36-38 I am a male - Yes I adjusted diet but not that radical , Help ? Panic ? Will post > But (IMO ) medication ('s ) cause of fatigue. ?”

Birdie · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2019

“I've been on this drug for 5 days and already feel like giant yuck. Muscle pain, hip pain so severe I can't get up and start walking. Foot and ankle pain waking me up all night, diarrhea early in the morning, exhausted. Can't take statins. Gonna give up.”

Lala · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 24, 2019

Zetia (ezetimibe): “I have familial high cholesterol not caused by diet. I eat very healthy and weigh 100 lbs. I had no choice but to take medication. I had extreme negative side effects to both statins I tried. One landing me in the ER. I was desperate to find something that I could take. My boyfriend researched and found this. My Dr wasn’t sure it would work but I was hopeful. It brought my cholesterol down well into normal range with no side effects at all. I’m very grateful for this medication since I can’t take statins and my cholesterol cannot be controlled by diet.”

Ollie · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2019

Zetia (ezetimibe): “I have been on Zetia 4 weeks. I am having pains under my ribs on left side and radiating to my back. Stomach pains just woke me up in the middle of the night. My feet have been cramping at night. I keep having severe bloating in my stomach. I also keep burping. Calling doctor in am to stop drug.”

Suzanne · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 20, 2019

Zetia (ezetimibe): “Started taking ezemtibe 7/17 to lower cholesterol my cholesterol which was high. I Developed sore joints and started belching, but didn’t relate this to medication. In August, I noticed large patch loss of pigment on skin below kneecaps. Then patches developed on hands and feet. Within ten months, pigment loss showed around my mouth. I then stopped the Zetia and the joint pain disappeared, I had no more belching and no more pigment loss. But I then had shingles. I have read that pigment loss and shingles result from a damaged immune system. As I am an otherwise healthy and active 65 year old, and the fact that all of these systems occurred shortly after beginning this medication, I believe the ezemtibe damaged my immune system.”

Cindy · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

“My cholesterol is/was at 235 and through a doppler discovered my left interior carotid artery is 100 percent occluded but got somewhat lucky with some strong collateral arteries. My doctor immediately put me on statins...a big no go on all of them, each one I tried (5) I had horrible side effects immediately. Fog like state, shortness of breath, muscle cramps, depression it was terrible. One of my sisters was put on Zetia with no side effects and her cholesterol went from over 300 down to 80. I begged my doctor to let me at least try it and I've just passed the 1 week mark with just a couple of small side effects, tingly legs twice and bloating. So far I love this ezetimibe however the proof will be in 2 months when my cholesterol is rechecked. I am a 65 yr old female.”

Lilypad · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 29, 2019

“After having a TIA ( transient ischemic attack ) I was put on avastatin which works well. Now I've been given ezetimibe to go with it and the pain in my legs hurt. Every night I'm tired with headaches all the time. Thinking of dropping it. PS I have swollen ankles too”

Charlie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2019

“Ezetimibe caused serious insomnia problems with resulting tiredness all day. I also had a constant low level anxiety and mild depression while taking it. My brain didn't function as well- forgetting to do routine things (like put the milk back in the refrigerator as an example). It took me a while to realize that it was the medication causing these symptoms because they can be caused by simple increases in stress, etc.”

jack · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 18, 2019

“I put up with night pains, for the first 6 months, now I have chest pain and arm pains when working and moving my arms. Memory and concentration seem to have become an annoyance. Just know, when you suddenly stop using ezetimibe, the side effects do not suddenly stop.”

Susan February 20, 2019

Zetia (ezetimibe): “If I could rate this less than zero, I would!! I cannot tolerate statins so my doctor started me on Zetia. I started having severe side effects after just a few weeks. I didn't realize it was this medication at first and ended up in the ER after five weeks of being on it. I had severe distention in my abdomen, severe cramping, burning in my gut, pain, bleeding. I also had what felt like a bladder infection because I had pinching of my bladder and bleeding in my urine (although a urine test did not indicate I had an infection). I had so much distention in my abdomen that I could barely eat or drink anything. I also had tightness in other areas of my body including my chest, groin, and of course, abdomen. I stopped this the day I went to the ER. I have been off this medication for several weeks now but continue to have issues. I have severe indigestion after I eat now and it seems to have flared up many other health related issues, as well as generally not feeling well.”

Kaiser · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2019

“Poison, never felt so I'll in my life after 5 days. Pressure headache, neck pain, sinus problems body pains, constant peeing and tiredness.”

Michele · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 4, 2018

“I wasn’t sure if I could stay on Zetia at first because my blood pressure was lower than usual (78/56) and I had shortness of breath with extreme fatigue. I secretly took only half a pill and half of my blood pressure medication for a while (not recommended) Almost a month later, everything levelled out and I’m now taking a full dose of both meds with none of the problems listed. I had a lipid panel at the 4 month mark and my values were all normal and my LDL dropped 28 points. Best of all, recent lab work shows my liver enzymes as normal and this was the first medication that didn’t elevate them into the triple digits. I have a bit of back pain along the spine but nothing major. I’m not sure if it’s the Zetia or just me. Unless it gets unbearable, I’m gonna stay the course. $30 for the generic 90 day supply with insurance. Very pleased so far.”

Sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 2, 2018

“My doctor recommended I try ezetimibe and said I might experience some joint/muscle pain. Within 10 days, I had severe lower back pain and needed physio and a chiropractor for 3 weeks of therapy. I stopped this medication and returned to my doctor who assured me that this medication does not cause localized pain in one specific area. So I agreed to restart ezetimibe and within another two weeks had severe knee swelling and pain and again my doctor does not believe ezetimibe is the cause. However from reading some of the above comments, it sounds as though others have experienced similar localized pain. I now have to get an X-ray of my knee and more medical treatment. I’m not 100% sure ezetimibe is the cause but I’m not convinced it isn’t either.”

Rubbaman · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2018

“I am a Diabetic, so of course the doctors automatically say I have to be on cholesterol medication. My LDL is only 116, so just over the within range for the lab tests. Tried statins in the past and the cramps were unbearable. Well after 4 days on this drug and I feel like I have not slept in weeks. I have lost 5 pounds in the short time, the severe diarrhea is keeping me up at night, and I have developed a rash on my chest. Also my joints and muscles are really sore, and my chest feels very tight. Like I could not do anything that would elevate my heart rate. Also feel dizzy and lightheaded, but that could be because I have not slept much due to running to the bathroom multiple times at night. I will be stopping medication as of now! I do not have a gallbladder, and they state in there consumer guide that it is safe for patients who do not have gallbladder. If you do not have your gallbladder, really think hard before trying this.”

Wally · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 13, 2018

“Started in Zetia 10mg about 5 years ago then switched to Ezetimibe about 3 years ago. Has been very effective in controlling cholesterol and have never had any noticable side effects.”

Riodosa · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 4, 2018

“I have been on this number of years - maybe 7. I think the Ezetimibe was effective on reducing the cholesterol as designed however, I have had bouts of diarrhea for years like my stomach explodes and out it comes. The doctors have not come up with a cause and/or a solution. Lately I have reason to believe it is caused by the Ezetimibe that I take. It seems to come on me about 2 or 3 hours after I take it. Anybody else have this problem?”

Michelle · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe): “I don’t know if Zetia is helping my high cholesterol since I have only been taking it three weeks and haven’t had the followup lab work yet but I am getting ready to discontinue it on my own. My main complaint is extreme fatigue to the point where I feel like I need to lay down after quick outings. My blood pressure has dropped and I have started taking a half dose of my blood pressure medication and a half pill of the Zetia. Still, I’m tired and find myself short of breath after moving around or even while talking sometimes. I just generally feel bad and weak but I can’t tolerate statins. I was hoping this would work but it doesn’t look like it.”

Peter · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 13, 2018

“35-year-old Caucasian male. I take Ezetimibe along with Lodalis and Repatha for high cholesterol. I have severe hip pain but I don't know which drug causes it. Otherwise I have no side effects from these three meds and they have dramatically lowered my cholesterol. Recommended if you can afford these drugs.”

TM · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2018

“Starting taking ezetimibe 10mg on 7/1/18. Diarrhea and pain in left side of back by 7/4/18. Taking this along with Simvistatin. Can't continue on the ezetimibe with the back pain especially so will stop until my Dr. & I can figure out another alternative as the Simvistatin 20mg alone not doing it.”

None · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe): “I have tried statins to bring my cholesterol down but the side affects were unbearable! Have been on zetia a week and the side affects are insane. My muscles and joints hurt so bad I want to scream. My skin even burns! Give me high cholesterol over these medications and their side affects any day. I only hope they will go away!”

one.day.at.a.time · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe): “Couldn't take statins due to multiple side effects. Took zetia for 6 weeks before realizing it was causing severe nausea on a daily basis, constipation, extreme tiredness, excruciating hip pain, hot flashes with profuse sweating as well as gastritis. I've been off zetia for two weeks and I'm still having the awful sweating flashes, constipation, hip pain and tired to the point I fall asleep for about 30 minutes when I get home from work every day. The nausea is finally gone and gastritis has improved. I hope all this goes away soon!! I'm miserable! I will not take meds for cholesterol again I'm going to go back to Krill oil and flaxseed oil.”

Flygirl · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2018

“I was taking the name brand Zetia for many years after trying 5 different statins that caused leg cramps that had me jumping out of bed at night and no way to stop the horrendous pain. No, pickle juice and hot showers didn't work. Things were going well with the Zetia until my insurance company refused to cover the drug this year and said I had to take the generic ezetimibe. What a disaster! It was like doing a colonoscopy prep every day. I couldn't leave the house because I was constantly running to the bathroom with severe diarrhea that lasted about 8-10 hours until the drug wore off. It made it impossible to even go to work. I couldn't eat anything without it running right through me (that's how it controlled the cholesterol--nothing stayed with you). Frankly, I'd rather take NOTHING than go through that again.”

Sitinin · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 22, 2018

“Was on Zetia 10mg daily for four years. Underwent numerous scans, testing, Ultrasounds & vascular studies to determine why I was having severe leg cramping every single day ( worse at night ) I discontinued Zetia by myself and legs had 100% return to normal. Unable to take statins due to joint pains but was assured this med was not the same.”