When should you take ezetimibe?
Can I take ezetimibe at the same time as statins or other cholesterol medications?
There is no specific time of the day that is best to take ezetimibe, as it works exactly the same whether you take in the morning, afternoon or at night.
- Ezetimibe is taken once a day, at the same time each day and it can be taken with or without food.
- When choosing a time to take your ezetimibe it is important to pick a time that is most convenient for you and when you are most likely to remember to take it.
- If you are taking other medications consider whether your other medication can be taken at the same time as ezetimibe or whether they need to be taken at a different time.
Can I take ezetimibe at the same time as my other cholesterol medications?
Ezetimibe is sometimes prescribed with other cholesterol lowering medications.
These cholesterol lowering medications can be taken at the same time as ezetimibe:
These cholesterol lowering medications need to be taken at a different time time to ezetimibe:
If you have taken ezetimibe you need to wait 2 hours before taking cholestyramine, colestipol, or colesevelam.
If you have taken cholestyramine, colestipol, or colesevelam you need to wait at least 4 hours before taking ezetimibe.
- Ezetimibe can be taken any time of the day, with or without food.
- Ezetimibe should be taken consistently at the same time each day.
- Take it at a time of the day when you are most likely to remember to take it.
Ezetimibe Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/ezetimibe.html
Related Medical Questions
- Can ezetimibe cause weight gain or loss?
- What happens if you stop taking Ezetimibe?
- Does ezetimibe lower triglycerides?
- When is the best time to take ezetimibe?
- Is ezetimibe a statin drug?
- When is the best time to take Zetia?
- Can ezetimibe be used with statin drugs?
- Ezetimibe Information for Consumers
- Ezetimibe Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ezetimibe (detailed)