When is the best time to take ezetimibe?
When should ezetimibe be taken? What time of day should I take ezetimibe? Should ezetimibe be taken at night?
Ezetimibe can be taken anytime of the day, with or without food, as long as it is taken consistently and at the same time each day.
The best time to take ezetimibe is:
- when you are most likely to remember to take it
- for some people this might be in the morning, others maybe at night and some people might find it easier to take it at midday
- the most important thing is to find a time that suits you and set that as the time you are going to take it
If you are on other medications it is important to consider those as well. Some medications can be taken at the same time as ezetimibe (eg. statin medications) while other medications need to be taken at a separate time to ezetimibe (eg. bile acid sequestrants).
If you are unsure whether other medicines that you are on can be taken at the same time as ezetimibe, then talk to your pharmacist or other healthcare professional who will be able to give you guidance in this area.
- Ezetimibe can be taken any time of the day, with or without food.
- Ezetimibe should be taken consistently at the same time each day.
- Take it at a time of the day when you are most likely to remember to take it.
Ezetimibe Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/ppa/ezetimibe.html
Related Medical Questions
- Can ezetimibe cause weight gain or loss?
- What happens if you stop taking Ezetimibe?
- When should you take ezetimibe?
- Does ezetimibe lower triglycerides?
- Is ezetimibe a statin drug?
- When is the best time to take Zetia?
- Can ezetimibe be used with statin drugs?
- Ezetimibe Information for Consumers
- Ezetimibe Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ezetimibe (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Ezetimibe (10 questions, 7 members)