User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Lo-Sprintec.

Tri-Lo-Sprintec Rating Summary

4.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 252 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I have tried different birth control pills and this is my favorite so far, it regulated my period from an everyday bleeding to a normal 3-4 days per month, I used to get really bad cramps to the point that I could not walk, I had to stay in bed for the first 2 days of my period, and this pill made them less painful, I have always deal with anxiety so nothing change about it, never gain weight and it also took away my everyday headaches, recently my doctor decided to change them for cryselle which is giving me horrible cramps nausea and headaches with only 2 days of using it, I'm definitely going back to tri-Lo-Sprintec."

Pare0516 March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was nervous to start this after reading such horrible reviews! I got this from planned parenthood and am about to start my fourth pack. This is the only birth control I've ever been on so I have nothing to compare it to but so far it has been very good! No pregnancy, haven't had too many side effects. My periods have gotten shorter and lighter. No spotting in between. The only side effects I have noticed is some slight vaginal dryness, but nothing too bad. I did get a few headaches and nausea here and there during the first pack but again nothing too bad. My body seems to have adjusted fine and I'm so happy for the lighter periods! I started my first pack the Sunday after my period ended so this worked out well"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So far I've been on this bc for about two weeks and I can tell you I've actually seen my acne looking way better, and no bloating whatsoever. Many reviews were negative but just letting you guys know don't listen to them all! Everyone's body responds differently to medication. No pregnancy which is awesome. Only down fall I've noticed is I'm tired a lot. I recommend this pill to anyone this being their first bc, it's mine and I'm 18 and it's great."

laurennpm March 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Just took the pill and already making me sick "

Hgcrystalle (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had Othro tri cyclen lo for many years pharmacy switched to this generic prescription horrible spotting between periods, acne,bloating,hives,and missed period called Doctor to switch back my normal pill othro."

Anonymous February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Tri Lo Sprintec to use for birth control as well as to help my acne. On day 3 of this pill, my legs began getting very itchy. In the days following, I had sparks of pressure in both of my legs up until day 9 where the pain had become one sided and started making my right leg throb non stop. Birth control has ties to blood clots so I was super worried. I stopped taking the pill right away after that and my leg pain went away within 2 days. It also gave me really bad acne even though I had only been on it for less than a week and a half. I do not recommend this pill at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is hands down the worst birth control I've ever been on!! I've never been so bloated, exhausted and miserable. I've gotten horrible pains In my ovaries, not to mention my stomach is a mess. I've also broken out like crazy! I've called my insurance company and I'm going to pay 50$ a month to go back to ortho tri cyclen because I never want to feel like this again. This differently isn't the same as ortho tri cyclen . If you have a choice I suggest pick any other birth control besides tri lo sprintec!"

Birth control bloat January 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on the ortho Tori cyclin lo all of my high school years. Never had acne, 3 day periods, no cramps, no bloating, and actually believed it was impossible to gain weight on it. Coming to college the price of $110 was too much so I went to the generic. 2 months in I've gained 20 pounds, horrible cramps, and have horrible acne. Switching birth controls after this pack."

NOOO (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This generic brand is nothing like the brand name. Something is definitely different. I spot regularly during the 2nd week of pills every single month. I think you need to pull it off the market. I will be discontinuing my use."

Specor December 21, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had use BC before. I stoped it because I was not sexually active anymore. I got the TLS this time, and can definitely see a few side effects on this three weeks. From lack of appetite,mood swings (also a anxiety attack while taking a class,NOT GREAT AT ALL);zero sex drive & migraine. My period during the first week went full for five days and spottting dark tone for a few days after too. Which is very irregular in my case. Everyone it's different, but I definitely don't see myself using them again."

RaeMts November 19, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on ortho tri cyxlen lo for 10 years and loved it and had no side effects. I had to switch to tri sprintec lo 2 years ago after my insurance wouldn't cover ortho any more. Since switching, I have gotten horrible acne and I never had acne before, even as a teenager. I've also become very moody and have no sex drive. I've also gained between 5-10 pounds that I just can't get rid of. After reading other reviews on this pill, I was finally able to put the pieces together and realized the pill seems to be the culprit for my issues. Once i finish this pack, I'm getting off of it. Stay away from this birth control!"

Mrs vb September 27, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Made me anxiety go out of control, dizziness, nauseous, migraines, acne, breast pain, fatigue... etc etc. Don't recommend at all."

Jazzlyne (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I wish I could give this a negative score. I was using ortho tried cyclen lo before this was available as a generic and my insurance company made me switch. The pharmacist ensured me the only difference was in ONE inactive ingredient but I beg to differ- my skin is so broken out I feel like a teenager again. I have constant headaches and a migraine so bad, I went to the ER. My period is wonky, I hate it. I have an appointment at the doctor in 2 weeks, I'm going to beg for an IUD. This is the worst pill I've ever used."

ydeblois September 7, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on tri sprinted for awhile and I thought it was such a great bc that didn't cause me to have anxiety or mood swings ... until I received the scary news that I had a blood clot in both of my lungs, the clot caused permanent damage to my lung and should have killed me. I'll take my cramps over this pain any day."

Britterb August 29, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Tried to make a longer post but had to cut it short. I have been on birth control since around age 21, originally for acne. I've been on Ortho tri cyclen, Yaz, Ortho tri cyclen lo. My doctor advised me to go back on BC for at least 3 months after returning from zika zone. I was sent Tri Lo Sprintec from my mail order pharm. NEVER AGAIN! In no particular order, I have extreme irritability, extremely sore boobs, INSOMNIA, experienced my first panic attack, ZERO SEX DRIVE, vaginal dryness, and the worst acne i have had since age 13. This med is NOT the same as ortho tri cyclin lo, so make sure you insist to your doctor that you do not want it. in all my years of taking BC with little side effects, this has been the worst 3 months ever."

TELL YOUR DOCTOR NO! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"i started the original Tri-Sprintec a while back and had the worst stomach pains and was throwing up so much each night after i took it. i was scared to start Tri-Lo-Sprintec and when i did my cramps started to ease. i have to say overall, i am extremely happy with this product. i don't use the bill for birth control, i mainly use it because of bad menstrual cramps and very heavy bleeding. and so far its been very good. i do have some spotting between periods but thats apparently normal for a little while."

Breezyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used to take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo prior and stopped for about 4-5 years until getting back on birth control about 4 months ago. My gynecologist recommended this particular brand and so I thought I would give it a try. It reminds me of my previous birth control. I had no negative side effects whatsoever (but every woman's body is different.) I'm thin framed (5'9") but gain weight in my breasts and butt. My weight never fluctuates past 120. Prior to the birth control I tried gaining weight but could never gain more than 108lbs due to diet change (vegan). Thankfully enough this birth control helped me gain about 7lbs. After the 2nd month of taking the birth control I went from a full B cup to a full C. No complaints here. They're perkier too."

Demi1991 June 16, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"WORST BIRTH CONTROL EVER! i had been on ortho tri cyclen lo for over a year or 2 and my insurance had just chose the tri lo sprintec for the generic brand. the pharmacist told me it was the EXACT SAME THING. no it wasnt. i felt fine my first pack and the right into my second pack i started to get anxiety attacks out of nowhere. i would just be sitting on my couch and my heart would start racing and it felt like i couldnt breath. i was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis 3 years ago and it completely made that flare up. on top of all that i was upset all of the time for no reason. i would not recommend this birth control to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Using for acne and hormonal reasons, works well for skin clearing and regular periods. Does induce some spotting prior to menstrual cycle but others works great with no other side effects."

GRT7651 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is terrible, honestly. I was on ortho tri cyclen but then my pharmacy told me I ran out of refills. Ever since I was put on this I have gained 10 lbs in 3 months (which I haven't gained/loss more than 3 lbs in over 5 years). My moodiness has caused me to start fights with my boyfriend like crazy and I feel awful almost 24/7 even though I'm on Prozac as well. The only thing that works is the actual birth control part."

Potentiallyjess May 20, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had absolutely no problems with this birth control. No nausea, spotting, mood changes, whatsoever. It reduced my menstrual cramps. Also made my boobs swell, but I think that's a good thing haha. Anyways, I switched to Trinessa (another generic for Ortho Tri Cyclen), because it's free with my insurance, and it gave me migraine with aura as well as mood changes. I really wish I stuck to Tri Lo Sprintec."

Jobela May 12, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My insurance switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec about a month and a half ago w/out me knowing. I decided to give it a shot since it was free and I was paying $100/month for Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo previously. On OTCL for 2 years, I had no negative side effects, which was a relief after trying everything under the sun (most recently microgestin fe, which made me incredibly depressed). The 1.5 months, since I have been on TLS, ALL of these negative side effects: Irritability, depression, weight gain, depression, headaches, lethargy...you name it, I have it. I am SO upset that I finally found something that worked and insurance dictates what pill I should take. I'm speaking with my Dr to fix my Rx ASAP. Not staying on TLS no matter what."

Duped & Cranky (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I switched from orthopedic tri cyclen lo because my insurance started charging me almost $300 for 3 months. I didn't want to pay this so i was put on tri lo sprintec since it was covered. I started getting the worst anxiety I have ever had at the bed of the first week. I am on my second pack and hasn't gotten better. I am finishing out this pack and switching. This has been by far the worst birth control for me."

BC ortho May 11, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Terrible! I've been constantly irritable since switching to this from ortho tri cyclen. I've also experienced low sex drive, intense food cravings, and vaginal irritation. My pharmacy told me this would be the same as ortho tri cyclen buts it's definitely not. I thought I was losing my mind until I started researching this drug and saw how many women were having the same problems. I went to the pharmacy today and they switched back to the ortho tri cyclen. It's so expensive but definitely worth it if it makes these mood swings go away."

May2016 May 8, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I wish I could give this medication a ZERO. I had been on Ortho Tri-cyclin Lo for 8 years with no side effects. My insurance switched me to Sprintec and I only took it for a week when my entire face broke out which never happens to me, I had horrible head aches and developed an ulcer which I'm not sure is related."

Veryunhappycaligirl May 7, 2016