User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

Tri-Lo-Sprintec has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 173 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 28% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 52% reported a negative effect.

Tri-Lo-Sprintec Rating Summary

4.4/10 average rating

Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

College Student!!! · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 10, 2019

“I started this birth control about two months before moving into college. I was nervous to start taking it after reading all of the bad reviews but it worked WONDERS for me. I have never had bad acne, only some small blemishes. Ever since I have started taking it I have had the most clear and dewy skin. I have not had any bad side effects with Tri Lo Sprintec. As far as weight gain; there has not been any for me. Honestly I can't ask any more from a birth control pill. I don't understand why everyone is giving it bad reviews. Also I haven't gotten pregnant!!!! Give this birth control a shot before you disregard it. Everyone's body is different!!!”

Andy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 25, 2021

“I’ve been on this birth control for about a year, it works great at preventing pregnancies if taken perfectly. I haven’t had much side effects except occasional headaches but they aren’t too bad. It also lowered my PMS mood swings! I really like this birth control and I always get my period on the second day of the placebos. I say give it a try because I read all of the bad reviews and was so scared to take it but it ended up being fine. This was the first birth control I was prescribed and it is fine! I’m also glad I’m not paranoid about getting pregnant because I know the pill is working.”

Sam · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 21, 2021

“Do not let these reviews scare you!! Birth control is not a one-size-fits-all, and literally just depends on your body. This is the first pill that hasn’t caused negative side effects like depression, mood swings, or any other mental health problems that I’ve experienced with other pills. The only side effect I experienced was acne for the first 3 months, but that could have been due to stress or other factors. My skin eventually cleared and I have had no other problems with this pill!”

Nes February 3, 2020

“Do not take this contraceptive pill Tri-Lo-Sprintec!! My daughter is in the hospital with blood clots in her lungs ( Pulmonary embolism). She only took this pill for 2 weeks and had severe chest tightness and pain. Went to the ER and they found blood clots in both lungs. She is in severe pain and will have to wait up to 6 months for the clots to go away. Do not take this pill!!!”

cshea · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2019

“First of all, every body is different and people tend to write bad reviews rather than going out of their way to write good ones. If you want to try this pill then you should, but I personally have mixed feelings about this birth control. I was on a different pill then switched over to Tri-lo, which has been a better experience than my previous one. I do not experience nausea or horrible headaches. Since I've started birth control I have gained 5-10 pounds but I'm not sure if that is directly from birth control. I do get bloating mostly right before my period, but most women do anyways. I have always had a regular cycle and this pill did not affect that and actually made my period much lighter with very few cramps. The only big complaint I have about this pill would be the depressive feelings and mood swings. I am not one to usually have terrible mood swings, but I definitely experience them on this pill (worse with PMS) as well as frequent tiredness and feeling unmotivated.”

izzy222 June 17, 2021

“Tri Lo Sprintec has overall not been a bad experience for me. At first, I experienced a spike in acne and some pretty bad cramps on my period. After about 2 months my acne got much better and I pretty much only get like a pimple a month. My cramps aren’t great but aren’t terrible, but I take Advil the night before my period and it’s just fine. My period starts like clock work! It goes from every Wednesday of the placebos to that Saturday/sometimes Sunday. I've been on this pill for about 10 months, and it’s done great protecting me from pregnancy (knock on wood). This birth control is my only form of protection, and so I pretty much take it at the same exact time every day. I haven’t seen a huge change in mood, I was pretty emotional the first 2 months but after that I was good. I did have weight gain, but I was also in recovery from an ED so I am not complaining. I gained about 3 cup sizes as well. I don’t have many complaints about Tri-Lo Sprintec and I really enjoy it!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 2, 2020

“This birth control completely destroyed my face. My skin was constantly inflamed and gave me horrible rosacea. My makeup couldn't even cover it. I stopped taking the pill a month ago and now my face is almost perfectly clear again.”

skatergirl123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2020

“I switched to Tri Lo Sprintec from Lo Lo Estrin and it was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Lo Lo Estrin gave my horrible side effects and Tri Lo Sprintec has given me none at all. Every birth control is different for everyone and this one works amazing for me. There are no complaints.”

txgoblue July 30, 2019

“60 days of awfulness. I was on Orth Tri-Cyclen Lo for 14 year before switching to Tri-Lo Sprintec. I don't believe it was an equivalent generic. I’m a strong, independent, hard-working, successful, and happy woman who is very driven — motivation was the first to go. I gained 12lbs in 1 week. I was irritable, emotional, anxious about everything. I was depressed and had dark thoughts (which I knew was crazy) but couldn’t think straight enough to know I needed help. I had zero sex drive, felt bloated and horrible. Nothing mattered (relationship, career). I realized I wasn’t alone. After stopping Tri-Lo Sprintec I started thinking clearly, the hazy brain fog was gone. I switched to Aviane - I'm 3 weeks in with zero side affects. I’m feeling myself again. Not everyone has extreme reactions to Tri-Lo Sprintec but if you’re on here looking for answers - talk to your doctor. I have submitted this to the FDA and Teva as a formal complaint.”

Luz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 19, 2021

“Tri-Lo-Sprintec was the first birth control I’ve ever been on. At first I wasn’t too sure about it. The first few months were roooouuugggghh. I’m talking depression I’ve never experienced before. I was crying over nothing, had tons of anxiety, and was suddenly super insecure. It was such a dark time in my life I legit thought I was going crazy and my poor boyfriend supported me through that nightmare. I stuck through it however (idk why) and surprisingly it all went away one day. It lasted about 3 months but after that I had no bad side effects - no weight gain, no acne, and it really helped me out with my period pain. I used to curl up in bed and cry because of how bad my cramps were and on this pill it was finally manageable. I still experienced a little pain but it felt like what a “normal” cramp was supposed to feel like compared to what I used to go through. Honestly overall a good experience but I had to go through a nightmare to get there and it really depends if you think it’s worth taking the risk.”

A little unsure · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 10, 2016

“Okay, I have ONLY ever taken Ortho Tri Cyclin lo birth control on and off (I stopped for four years and had two children) for 10+ years. Imagine my shock and hesitation when I receive this new generic that my insurance covers! I read all these horrible reviews online and even saw where they were off the market pending the settlement of a lawsuit! It was either the free Tri lo sprintec or the $140 brand name! Well, after 5 months on the generic Tri Lo Sprintec I am pleased to report that I have had NO side effects at all! In fact, I use to break out before every cycle on the brand name and after a few months on Tri Lo Sprintec I have a clear complexion all the time! Also, the negative reviews are from before the lawsuit & redistribution 2016”

Mimi · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2018

“GOD THIS BIRTH CONTROL IS AWESOME. As my first birth control pill ever, I can say this pill has been super good to me. Much lighter periods and no cramping. No pregnancy scares. No more acne except for the occasional pimple. My sex drive hasn’t changed. No nausea or headaches. I’ve been on it since the beginning of January and I’m more than happy with my experience so far. :))) Don’t listen to all the bad reviews!! It may work phenomenally for you.”

pumpkin eater · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 30, 2020

“I have been on this pill Tri-Lo-Sprintec for about half a year now. My first 2/3 months on the pill gave me some headaches and nausea, but soon went away by the 3rd month. It makes my period last about 3-4 days and my cramps are not as severe. It seems great to stop pregnancy,since it hasn’t gotten me pregnant and I have sex very often. I do have 2 negatives tho. The first 2/3 months gave me bad breakouts, but since then it has been clearing up and only deal with pimples here and there. The main negative is how it controlled my hunger level. I’ll be extremely hungry but then barely eat when I get the chance. Some days this doesn’t happen but I’ve been noticing I don’t eat as much as I used to. I do get very hungry tho as I get closer to my period. If you’d like to know health wise to help you, I am about 5”6 and weigh 140 pounds. I suffer from depression and anxiety. My mental illness do not seem to worsen on this and I’ve been about the same weight. Only difference I have seen is slight breast growth.”

Kdub · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 9, 2020

“Holy Moly. This is the absolute WORST birth control I have ever been on. I got on it to clear my acne and it didn't even help with that. It made me bloated all the time, have extremely heavy periods, not to mention it made my anxiety 17461565x worse. I felt like I was going crazy. I had horrible mood swings, especially around my period my boyfriend thought I was a psycho bitch .... Which I was. It also lowered my libido extremely and after 8 months I decided I needed to change it. Idk why I waited so long. I've noticed what seems like an immediate change! Im feeling less anxiety again, feeling a surge in my sex drive, and my anxiety has completely gone away. If you are experiencing these symptoms do NOT wait to change! You will feel so much better and no one needs to feel like that! (Only thing it did was keep me not pregnant so obviously have to give it props for that but honestly don't get this birth control )”

kat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 4, 2019

“I was hesitant to try Tri-Lo Sprintec after hearing its bad reviews. I had switched from pill to pill, trying to find the best one. I was using the pill to treat bad cramps and horrible acne. First I was on Falmina (a generic of Aviane), which made me break out even more. Then I switched to Nikki, a generic of Yaz. It helped with skin but made me severely depressed so I switched to Tri-Lo Sprintec... and never looked back. I’ve had fantastic skin ever since (even better than on Yaz!), haven’t gained any weight, and haven’t had any bad PMS or hormonal mood changes. I haven’t exhibited signs of depression as a result of the pill. I had minor headaches in the beginning but they did not last long and don’t happen anymore. I absolutely love this pill. It’s improved my sex drive, mood, and skin substantially, and I am so thankful—I feel better on this pill than any other! LOVE THIS! Don’t listen to every single review—give it a try, it might be right for your body.”

Kay · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 26, 2020

“WORST BIRTH CONTROL! I had been on it for 4 years and finally quit, after multiple trips to the doctor for acid reflux and my hyperthyroidism, if you have any autoimmune disease or are susceptible to side effects... expect it to make it 100x worse. Sinus infections regularly, then came the VOMITING of BLOOD. My anxiety has never been worse especially being so young coming out of high school and continuing the pill for another 2 years. With mood swings around every corner along with anxiety attacks. Oh yeah, can't forget the INSOMNIA, and a damn near panic attack when I missed a pill and had to double up I wouldn't recommend this pill to anyone. Look up side effects on a few different websites, the list is endless and the studies are pathetic. Have a wonderful day ladies, I hope this could help someone. If I could rate this pill 0/10 I would.”

BT September 21, 2020

“I have had severe cystic acne for all my life. I am 22 now and have been on Accutane twice which only fixed my hormonal area around my jaw for a year. It has been a month since being on this Tri-Lo-Sprintec birth control and my acne has significantly cleared. The inflamed bumps have gone down and I feel much more confident. I have read the first month would be a nightmare so I was prepared. IT WAS! I have major depression and extreme mood swings. I have lashed out at my boyfriend multiple times almost causing a breakup of our six year relationship. I have zero interest in things and slight water retention, especially in my stomach region. I have been working out to maintain my weight but I feel swollen most of the time. I will stick out this birth control solely for the acne improvements.”

AG · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 6, 2020

“This Tri-Lo-Sprintec pill is effective for preventing pregnancy but not worth the side effects. It completely eliminated my libido, caused irritability, and I was hungry CONSTANTLY. My periods were lighter and shorter most of the time, but they were also irregular for a few months. I stopped taking it a couple of weeks ago and am hoping the side effects will wear off with time. This was the fourth birth control I’ve tried over 7 years and is the only one that made my sex drive this low.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2020

“So I was on a different BC that was the exact same thing as Tri Lo Sprintec except I didn’t have the same side effects. I was recommended Tri lo Sprintec by my Dr, I’ve been on this one since Oct 2019 with no problems in the beginning and here is is in February 2020 and I have been having the most worse headaches/ migraines. And my breasts are constantly itchy and they have small dry patches on my nipples. Also my sex drive drastically dropped. So I would not recommend this Pill it started off great and ended bad.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2019

“Been on Tri-Lo-Sprintec for 4 months now since they stopped making TriNessa Lo. I HATE this birth control with a passion. I'm 31 and had acne like I was a teenager all along my jaw line. The 2 weeks in the middle of my cycle I'd be bloated so bad that I looked 6 months pregnant and I have visible abs mind you. The worst is immediately when I started taking this medication I got the worst yeast infection I can remember and have gotten two others in those 4 months. I haven't had a yeast infection since 2008; I spent 4 months in Southeast Asia with perpetual swamp ass; still no vaginal health issues. Soon as I start taking this garbage? BAM! 3! My doctor and pharmacist insisted it was the same as my old birth control but I can tell you that it's not. Steer clear of this garbage.”

Adizzle · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

“This is my second week on this birth control, switching from the Paragard IUD. The pros about this brand is that I don’t have any mood swings, (which were really terrible on other birth control methods,) my skin looks flawless, and I’ve lost a few pounds, (mostly from lack of appetite due to headaches and nausea symptoms.) I’ve also noticed a decrease in vaginal discharge that I always use to have. The cons are definitely the intense headaches that are debilitating on some days. A lot of fatigue, nausea and lack of appetite symptoms. The side effect that concerns me the most is the chest discomfort. It almost feels like I’m short of breath with the occasional increased heart rate. Also feels like a bad heartburn. It’s hard to explain. I’m going to go through the pack and see how I feel. Hopefully these symptoms are just from by body adjusting to the pills. We will see.”

Lori · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2019

“I started taking Tri-Lo-Sprintec about 3 weeks ago and almost immediately began noticing depression creeping in, subtle dizzy spells, and extreme brain fog and forgetfulness. I had my suspicions it was related to the pill, but decided to give it a little longer to see if maybe it was just stress. Well I still feel weird as anything and now after reading these reviews it’s clear to me it’s the pill that’s the culprit. I’m so sick of this. When are they going to come up with a birth control pill for men!!!”

Anonymous August 8, 2019

“Hello! I'm currently 25 years old and have been taking Tri-Lo-Sprintec for two months. It is the best birth control pill I've been on! I've been on Loryna and Lo-Esterin Fe previously and I did not do well on those - bloating, weight gain, mood swings etc. I was hesitant to try Tri-lo Sprintec, but will say its been great! I'm using it primarily to keep regular menstrual cycles and eliminate horrible cramps I was having all throughout the month. The cramps are basically gone (one day of cramping on my period now), my skin has become more consistently clear (which has been a major issue since I was 10 years old), & my periods are regular. I have not experienced mood swings, bloating, or other unwanted side effects. Very mild nausea a few times is the only one I've noticed, and I believe the longer that I take the pill, it will diminish even further. I used to believe there was not a pill out there for me, but keep trying until you find one if that seems right for you!”

AJ65029 October 30, 2019

“Tri-Lo-Sprintec was THEE worst birth control! I'd been on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for years, then switched to Trinessa Lo. Both of those worked great for me. No adverse side affects. Suddenly this year I can't get either so they provide me Tri Lo Sprintec, the generic that's SUPPOSED to be the same. NO WAY! I have gained weight and always bloated. Heck for one of the months I thought I was pregnant because my stomach was huge! Moodiness, crying, furious, sadness - you name it! Worst of all HORRIBLE ACNE! The other 2 pills actually helped my skin, this one made my skin much worse than not being on birth control at all! I gave it time to see if my body would adjust, it only got worse. So if you feel as though the symptoms are horrible and you want to stop - STOP! I regret giving this time because it has ruined my skin. The only reason I'm leaving 2 stars is because it does prevent pregnancy - but if I feel so hideous I don't want my husband touching me anyway!”

leena March 19, 2021

“I have only been on this birth control for about 2 months. I use to take birth control a year ago but stopped & then started again. So far I have not seen any huge problems. Ladies even though sometimes a birth control doesn’t work for someone else doesn’t mean it won’t work for you! I think the most noticeable change was I had a little bit more acne within the first month. My first period I had with it I think was a little lighter than usual but not by much. I tend to have heavy periods so hopefully my periods become lighter. I have pretty bad anxiety but honestly nothing has changed since being on the pill, still the same, not better not worse. Which is fine with me. I had noticed in my lower region I did gain some stretch marks and when I did back tracking I realized they did start to appear when I started the birth control. I started this pill because my boyfriend and I started having sex. So far. Not pregnant. It has only been a month though. ( knock on wood).”