User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

Tri-Lo-Sprintec Rating Summary

4.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"Wow I am so thankful I heard they had changed the formula a couple years back! My first day, I had major headaches but the severe cramping from my last BC subsided so I was already pleased. My mood was noticeably more at peace and after several days, I felt way more self-confident! I did get tired and had more body aches the first week because it kick-started my period but I had light bleeding and zero cramping! This BC seems to be great so far. I also feel my boobs swelling meaning...perhaps my measly little A-cup will look bigger soon? No matter though, my boyfriend is so happy my moods have stabilized! I say anyone struggling with minor anxiety, mood swings or depression should try this out."

erin m. (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

"I've been on this birth control for three weeks, I just took the last colored pill. I had started bleeding a couple days early then realized I forgot my pill the night before. But other than that I've had no side effects. I'll be sure to report if I do. Thanks for all the great reviews ladies I hope everybody finds something that works well for them. And Happy Mother's Day to the moms."

Mom2SnR (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

"The first month I was on this birth control it wasn't too bad, other than some nausea because I was adjusting to the birth control. I just finished my third month on it and the past two months have been terrible. I have anxiety almost every day and I can't even remember the last time I got decent sleep. My periods have been the worst I've ever experienced (and I'm irregular when not on birth control- so when I do get a period, it's bad). The cramping is unimaginable and I pretty much can't sleep at all in the days leading up to and during my period. As soon as I finish this pack, my doctor wants me to stop"

Lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2018

"I was very nervous to take this birth control because I was reading all these horrible reviews and it was my first time on birth control. I'm on my second month of the pills and I'm doing great. Shorter and superrrrrr lighter periods. I used to have 2 days of full on period and now I only have one, barely! My skin looks amazing. The only thing I will agree with is that it does give you a strong headache, but nothing a good nap will fix. No mood swings or increase appetite. I'm going to be using this pills for very long! :)"

Elizabeth (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

"I switched to this pill because the old birth control pills gave me chronic migraines. My doctor said he was prescribing me Ortho TriCyclen Lo but when I went to the pharmacy to pick it up they gave me this. I've only been taking it for a month, which isn't long, but the side effects are pretty bad. At first my skin looked great but after 2 weeks I broke out all over my face. Also my period got much heavier and has lasted for 4 weeks. It's pretty unpleasant to be bleeding for a month straight. The only positive is that it isn't giving me headaches and I haven't gained any weight so far. If you think you can handle a month of unpleasant side effects before your body gets accustomed then it's worth a try."

Rachel Wr January 8, 2018

"This birth control worked well for me with minimal side effects. It did not give me acne and my periods were short and light with minimal cramping. No hair loss, loss of sex drive, or nausea. My only symptoms were constant bloating, weight gain (15lbs in 7 months), and a constant insatiable appetite. I can say that it helped stabilize my mood, I experienced no major mood swings or outbursts. My insurance recently switched me to tri lo marzia and while I’m enjoying this pill, (weight loss, less of an appetite, no bloating), it is causing some major mood changes. I know there is a pill out there for me but I don’t think either of these are it. If your pharmacy tells you these medications are the same, don’t listen."

CBottt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2017

"Like plenty of the ladies on this thread, I went to my Gyn for Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo--and my Doctor informed me this was the same, never said it was a different type of pill and like a moron I believed him. I began taking this pill in March 2017--it's now 11/28/17 and ladies let me tell you a story, I have had to go on Provera 2x to stop the excessive bleeding. So now, I am changing my Gyn to someone better and will likely need to go back on Provera to stop my period and go on something entirely new. I didn't even think about the damn headaches until I read through the comments because I too have had them, I've also had a low sex drive despite my husband & I always doing it, but my desire is not there. I have been very moody too. Issa No!"

LimeLizzy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2017

"I have been sensitive to several birth control pills, including tri lo Marzia which is supposed to be the same thing. On that one I bled for 3 weeks straight in the middle of a pack. This one has worked wonderfully for me and I have had no issues with acne or mood swings like I have with others. I do think every birth control works differently for everyone, so never take what one person says positively or negatively from a review!"

Eeeeeeeeeeew (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2017

"I've been on trinessa (my favorite), lo Lestrin Fe, now Tri Lo Sprintec. I have had bloody discharge for the past two weeks. I have had days of depression where I feel like I cannot move from my bed. I have literally given up on eating healthy, as soon as I got on this I do not care about anything I eat. Mentally, I'd say I'm not normal. I could sit on my bed and just start to cry. My boobs have grown....like a lot. Nausea usually kicks in at night before bed EVERY NIGHT. I have heart palpitations and I began to feel like I need to take a deep breath, when I try to I feel like I am suffocating and can't breathe. I understand I should be taking this for at least three months but hell no."

DORALm October 5, 2017

"This birth control has no copay under my insurance and it works great for my needs."

Kkkkkkkkkb October 3, 2017

"Let me start off by saying, yes, the bad reviews scared me at first, too. So much in fact, that I feared to even use this birth control pill. I have been using this method for 3 months now, and in all honesty, its worked fine. Granted of course, the first week or two will be a bit rough for just about anyone. You're adding something new to your body, so you probably will feel sick, sleepy, headaches, my biggest problem was anxiety at first. But once your body has adjusted to the pills, it really has no consequences. Just make sure you read all the information, take it the same time every day, and give it a try! I understand everyone is different, but it doesn't hurt to try! It's worked fine, and has done its job great."

TsWasHere September 29, 2017

"Don't worry ladies, I'm one of the apparent few who don't have a bad experience! I feel fine, no acne, no weight gain, no nausea. So if you're thinking about it, just give it a try, it works different for everyone!"

Gigiiiiii September 26, 2017

"I don't even write reviews but I have to because this birth control is terrible. I would have panic attacks and was depressed for the first couple of weeks but it went away. But now I have been bleeding HEAVILY FOR A WHOKE MONTH. I've never had adnormal bleeding and it's just a terrible birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2017

"THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS ORTHO TRI CYCLYN LO!! I do not care what pharmacists or doctors say. I was on ortho tri cycling lo for 15 years and loved it and had NO side effects. The "generic" was given to me because my insurance stopped covering birth control and obviously the generic is cheaper. Within 2 weeks my moods were INSANE - I can't stop crying and I am just an emotional mess. My boobs are huge and hurt so bad and I have horribly painful cystic acne all over my face and chin and neck. It also made my sex drive literally non existent.This is the worst thing that I have put in my body. I do not recommend that anyone takes this. What's more upsetting is that it is acceptable to tell people that it is comparable to the real medication."

MRKohn September 19, 2017

"I was on ortho tri cyclen for over a year and had no complaints what so ever but like many other women my insurance stopped covering it completely so I was switched to this brand. I didn't have any side effects with this medication so it didn't bother me but I did end up getting pregnant. I never missed a pill and always made sure to take it at the same time every day. I ended up having to pay for an abortion and now I'm switching the implant. By the way ladies, apparently 6 out of 100 girls can still get pregnant on the pill even if they take it correctly while the implant is 99% effective."

Steph D. September 18, 2017

"I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for about five years. It was fantastic, no problems at all. My insurance switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec and initially I was excited because its fully covered. The first month was fine, and then the breakouts started. They have gradually gotten worse. I gave it six months to see if things would settle down, but they haven't at all. I'm broken out on my chest, back, all up my neck and behind my ears, along my jaw and forehead. I even had a huge zit on my earlobe this week. These are not normal breakouts. I'm so disappointed in this generic and I'm switching."

Annnnnnnnn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2017

"My skin cleared up within a few months! (I was also on Doxy and used clindamycin though) I dropped 15 pounds, and I never got the emotional side affects or anything. Although, I never got cramps before and now I get some rough ones. They're not unbearable, but they hurt and need a heated blanket sometimes. I also have a longer/heavier period. Went from 3 days to 5/6. (I had a super light period and I'd consider it pretty normal now so it's not awful.) I'm also not currently pregnant."

LeeSpeng (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2017

"I have been on Ortho Tricyclen Lo for 6 months and my doctor switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec due to insurance purpose,( which is the generic version)(cheaper). I have no serious side affects with Ortho Tri… I normally don’t get bad side effects from any medicine. But after a month and a half of taking Tri Lo Sprintec..I've noticed depression, fatigue, crazy mood swings like NEVER BEFORE, dry mouth, decreased in sex drive, nausea, sore breasts.. I do not recommend this birth control to ANYONE! I have never experienced such sever side affects!!!"

Lu154 August 8, 2017

"I am 33 yrs old never taken any pills my entire life. I don't want anymore kids but not ready to get my tubes tied. I asked my doctor to put me on pills to give it a try. My RX was for the Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo but my insurance copay was $120 and the pharmacy gave me Tri Lo Sprintec for no copay. My goodness just in 3 days of taking the pills I have severe migraine, nausea, breasts are sore, hair loss, mood swings, I crave for food mostly at night time, face was covered with bumpy white heads esp my jaw area which I don't get any at all. I am stopping the pills before it gets worst, I was going to wait to finish the pack since I am on 16th days but can't take anymore of this weird changes to my body. Going to switch or might get tied."

1984Mommyof3 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

"Trying this birth control has forever changed my life. Each person is different and may experience different things however unfortunately I experienced the worst.. extreme hair loss. I have now been diagnosed with alopecia because nobody wants to own that this was the cause. DO YOUR RESEARCH before getting on this, unfortunately I failed to do so. I trusted my OBGYN and it's now put me in a very emotional and low place. I do not wish this upon anybody else."

Anonymous August 4, 2017

"I talked to my doctor about getting on the pill mainly for birth control. I also asked to be on a pill that will help clear my moderate acne and not make it worse. I was given Tri Lo Sprintec. After reading the mostly awful reviews about it I was really nervous to start taking it but I thought I'd give it a shot and if it was awful talk to my doctor about an alternative. I'm now on day 7 and there hasn't been any major complications. The only negatives are that I get headaches and occasional nausea (not severe) and as far as my acne, it hasn't really made a change. My doctor said it will take a few months to adjust so I'll see how things go but so far it's not too bad. Gave it half stars because I'm only on day 7."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

"Like most other women on here, I started out with Ortho Tri Cyclin Lo. Then my insurance wouldn't cover it now I'm taking Tri Lo Sprintec. I've been on it for close to a year now and haven't had many negative side effects. The first two or three months I had nausea but that went away after a while. I have hardly any PMS symptoms, my periods are regular and last 5 days Max. And not many breakouts. I'm happy with this pill and would continue to take it. The one thing I noticed that's different from the name brand is when I jump straight in to a new pack to skip my period, I have spotting for a week or two."

Tina.x July 20, 2017

"I've been on this pill since January (it is now July) and sadly I've developed cystic acne from it and now I'm on accutane. If I would've realized sooner that it was the culprit, I would've stopped immediately. I took this pill in the first place for my acne only. I was someone who had moderate acne and this cystic acne has made me so depressed. If you notice changes in your skin 4/5 months in that aren't good, I would say to change your pill. My problem is that I read reviews saying it would get better and it just gradually got worse. I also read reviews that said your skin would get used to it before it got better and that wasn't true for me at all. Save yourself before it gets worse definitely. Wish I could put pictures of my acne here :("

Acnetane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 2, 2017

"Used for approximate 1 month. Experienced restless nights, increased emotion-i.e. Felt I was going to cry over silly things that wouldn't normally make me emotional, mood swings, increased anxiety, headaches, and increased agitation. I'm very intune with my body and didn't feel like myself. I felt like I was " PMSing" the entire month. Was prescribed Ortho-Tricylcen-Lo- however my insurance only covered generics and substitutes a " similar " product. No similar really- with the exception of both being labeled as birth control. Switching ASAP. I rated it a "3" because ultimately it did its job, and I did not get pregnant."

Sarah5325 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

"I have been taking tri-lo-sprintec for over a year now, but in the last 4-ish months, I've started to get worse PMS super bloated, tender breasts, exhaustion, and mild anxiety and lack of motivation, even for my favorite sport, rock climbing. My sex drive has even gone down, and I used to be insatiable. I initially went on this birth control to clear up my acne and it used to help my PMS symptoms but now they are back and just as severe, if not worse, and they start week 2 of my pack and last until my period starts. Except my skin is still clear, that is the only benefit. I've been incredibly uncomfortable and I am on my last pack, hopefully getting an IUD when I get my next period. I used to feel great on this, now I feel terrible."

MCA1993 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 8, 2017