User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Lo-Sprintec.

Endometriosis 2 reviews 106 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 7 reviews 109 medications

1.1
Summary of Tri-Lo-Sprintec reviews 67 reviews 3.1

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

For Birth Control "I have been on Ortho Tricyclen Lo for 6 months and my doctor switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec due to insurance purpose,( which is the generic version)(cheaper). I have no serious side affects with Ortho Tri… I normally don’t get bad side effects from any medicine. But after a month and a half of taking Tri Lo Sprintec..I've noticed depression, fatigue, crazy mood swings like NEVER BEFORE, dry mouth, decreased in sex drive, nausea, sore breasts.. I do not recommend this birth control to ANYONE! I have never experienced such sever side affects!!!"

Lu154 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 33 yrs old never taken any pills my entire life. I don't want anymore kids but not ready to get my tubes tied. I asked my doctor to put me on pills to give it a try. My RX was for the Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo but my insurance copay was $120 and the pharmacy gave me Tri Lo Sprintec for no copay. My goodness just in 3 days of taking the pills I have severe migraine, nausea, breasts are sore, hair loss, mood swings, I crave for food mostly at night time, face was covered with bumpy white heads esp my jaw area which I don't get any at all. I am stopping the pills before it gets worst, I was going to wait to finish the pack since I am on 16th days but can't take anymore of this weird changes to my body. Going to switch or might get tied."

1984Mommyof3 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Trying this birth control has forever changed my life. Each person is different and may experience different things however unfortunately I experienced the worst.. extreme hair loss. I have now been diagnosed with alopecia because nobody wants to own that this was the cause. DO YOUR RESEARCH before getting on this, unfortunately I failed to do so. I trusted my OBGYN and it's now put me in a very emotional and low place. I do not wish this upon anybody else."

Anonymous August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I talked to my doctor about getting on the pill mainly for birth control. I also asked to be on a pill that will help clear my moderate acne and not make it worse. I was given Tri Lo Sprintec. After reading the mostly awful reviews about it I was really nervous to start taking it but I thought I'd give it a shot and if it was awful talk to my doctor about an alternative. I'm now on day 7 and there hasn't been any major complications. The only negatives are that I get headaches and occasional nausea (not severe) and as far as my acne, it hasn't really made a change. My doctor said it will take a few months to adjust so I'll see how things go but so far it's not too bad. Gave it half stars because I'm only on day 7."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Like most other women on here, I started out with Ortho Tri Cyclin Lo. Then my insurance wouldn't cover it now I'm taking Tri Lo Sprintec. I've been on it for close to a year now and haven't had many negative side effects. The first two or three months I had nausea but that went away after a while. I have hardly any PMS symptoms, my periods are regular and last 5 days Max. And not many breakouts. I'm happy with this pill and would continue to take it. The one thing I noticed that's different from the name brand is when I jump straight in to a new pack to skip my period, I have spotting for a week or two."

Tina.x July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill since January (it is now July) and sadly I've developed cystic acne from it and now I'm on accutane. If I would've realized sooner that it was the culprit, I would've stopped immediately. I took this pill in the first place for my acne only. I was someone who had moderate acne and this cystic acne has made me so depressed. If you notice changes in your skin 4/5 months in that aren't good, I would say to change your pill. My problem is that I read reviews saying it would get better and it just gradually got worse. I also read reviews that said your skin would get used to it before it got better and that wasn't true for me at all. Save yourself before it gets worse definitely. Wish I could put pictures of my acne here :("

Acnetane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Used for approximate 1 month. Experienced restless nights, increased emotion-i.e. Felt I was going to cry over silly things that wouldn't normally make me emotional, mood swings, increased anxiety, headaches, and increased agitation. I'm very intune with my body and didn't feel like myself. I felt like I was " PMSing" the entire month. Was prescribed Ortho-Tricylcen-Lo- however my insurance only covered generics and substitutes a " similar " product. No similar really- with the exception of both being labeled as birth control. Switching ASAP. I rated it a "3" because ultimately it did its job, and I did not get pregnant."

Sarah5325 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking tri-lo-sprintec for over a year now, but in the last 4-ish months, I've started to get worse PMS super bloated, tender breasts, exhaustion, and mild anxiety and lack of motivation, even for my favorite sport, rock climbing. My sex drive has even gone down, and I used to be insatiable. I initially went on this birth control to clear up my acne and it used to help my PMS symptoms but now they are back and just as severe, if not worse, and they start week 2 of my pack and last until my period starts. Except my skin is still clear, that is the only benefit. I've been incredibly uncomfortable and I am on my last pack, hopefully getting an IUD when I get my next period. I used to feel great on this, now I feel terrible."

MCA1993 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am on my first month of taking this birth control. As many others, I was taking Ortho tri cyclen for 5+ years and stopped when I wanted to see if it was affecting me mentally (anxiety, mood swings etc.) and now my insurance doesn't accept it so this was the next best thing. I was nauseous the first 2 weeks and a couple days it was absolutely miserable! My breasts have grown and my boobs hurt constantly! I was getting bad acne before taking the bc and now my face has definitely cleared. I will stick out the nausea and breast pain and continue on month two, but if it continues, it is not the right birth control for me!"

Phoebe1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Not usually a review type of person, but everyone needs to know: THIS IS TERRIBLE. I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for four years with no problems, short 3 day periods. Then insurance decided I needed to try a generic brand and I was sad about 7 day placebos, but gave it a try. Switching after my first month back! I have had 8 break outs of cold sores this month, usually once a year, and very HEAVY and long periods, and before BC they weren't this bad! I'm going through 3 supers a day, and I'm 5'1", 110 lbs. Also EXTREME irritability and anxiety. Need to study for the MCAT so I'm switching back ASAP. Worst BC on the market. Don't take the risk! Ask your doctor for something else."

SadEvenforaPreMed May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I was originally on Junel fe but that was a horror show with all the mood swings, bleeding, acne and just horrible nausea. I lost 11 pounds on that so beware. Anyway, once I told my doctor, she prescribed this. The first pack caused some nausea, a small break out and just an odd feeling. once I got that under my belt, I've had no problems! I'm on my fourth pack starting today and it's been great. Clear face, light periods, and doesn't make me gain weight. How ever, I must say around the placebo week, I get so bloated, horrible cramps and headaches...otherwise, it's been great. So the effectiveness of it, I haven't gotten pregnant yet, knock on wood. Just keep taking the pill at the correct time and you'll be fine!"

lizzyboo101010101 May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I've been on this pill for two months. I started it to balance my hormones. My cycle had become irregular, which had never happened, ever. My doctor also found some cysts on my endometrium. Only bad thing is nausea and fatigue. Not going to start my third pack! No mood swing, no cravings, no breakthrough bleeding. It has evened out my cycle, or at least I feel like it has. I will have to see when I stop taking it. A co-worker told me to try taking it with an antacid so I will try that before I stop taking it. Again, the nausea and fatigue are the worst and all I want to do is sleep."

bmcgee85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This pill does not help with abnormal bleeding. Everything that people have been saying is true. Emotions and bad bleeding is bad. The whole thing is bad"

aGreenland May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My pharmacy switched me over to this from Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and this is the worst thing I have ever taken. At first I was experiencing spotting immediately after being an hour late of taking my pill. It was so bad the first month I spotted for a week and then got my period the next with horrible cramps and headaches. I have been on it for 3 months now and I have spotted every month. This month I got my period for two days over a week before I was supposed to. In addition to this, I have been experiencing crazy anger & mood swings for the first time. To the point where I got mad at my boyfriend for trying to plan a vacation with me and then cried immediately afterwards. I have also had some pain in my ovaries and broke out more than ever."

meg2244 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Tri-Lo-Sprintec for about 6 months now. This method was recommended by my gyno for normal contraception but also for my cystic acne that was out of control. I would constantly have 4-5 painful bumps on my face and they would take weeks to go away.When I first started this pill I immediately noticed extreme mood swings. So extreme that I could acknowledge when I was going to blow up because my face would get really warm and I would just flip out on my boyfriend. On top of my mood swings, I cramped a lot and my sex drive was non-existent. I'm still on this method and still have bad mood swings - I think I've gotten used to just being grumpy. On a good note, my cystic acne is gone it took 3-4 months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This medication is terrible. My insurance switched me to the generic last year. I took the medication for several months, and was miserable the entire time. I was noticeably irritable and extremely anxious. I stopped taking the medication and switched back to ortho tri cyclen lo and the problems went away. I am currently waiting to receive information on my new insurance, and ran out of ortho. I had an extra pack of tri lo sprintec and decided to give it another try. I regret this, because just a few days into the medication, I am once again anxious, grumpy, and miserable. Maybe it will work for you, but it definitely doesn't work for me."

MtGi April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Changed my life. The first month was a bit rough, not gonna lie, but that's normal with birth control from what I've heard (this is my first time taking it). Now, the nausea and headaches have almost completely subsided, and my once debilitating periods are manageable. I used to have 5-7 days of bleeding, with 2-3 days of debilitating cramps. I was taking unhealthy amount of Advil just to manage (think 10 per day on the second day), and most months I had to miss at least a day of school. This past period, I took two Advil. Total. For the entire week. I got scared by all the negative reviews before I started taking it but my advice is power through the first month and see how the second one feels. Everyone reacts differently."

ThankGodForTrilo March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have tried different birth control pills and this is my favorite so far, it regulated my period from an everyday bleeding to a normal 3-4 days per month, I used to get really bad cramps to the point that I could not walk, I had to stay in bed for the first 2 days of my period, and this pill made them less painful, I have always deal with anxiety so nothing change about it, never gain weight and it also took away my everyday headaches, recently my doctor decided to change them for cryselle which is giving me horrible cramps nausea and headaches with only 2 days of using it, I'm definitely going back to tri-Lo-Sprintec."

Pare0516 March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was nervous to start this after reading such horrible reviews! I got this from planned parenthood and am about to start my fourth pack. This is the only birth control I've ever been on so I have nothing to compare it to but so far it has been very good! No pregnancy, haven't had too many side effects. My periods have gotten shorter and lighter. No spotting in between. The only side effects I have noticed is some slight vaginal dryness, but nothing too bad. I did get a few headaches and nausea here and there during the first pack but again nothing too bad. My body seems to have adjusted fine and I'm so happy for the lighter periods! I started my first pack the Sunday after my period ended so this worked out well"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So far I've been on this bc for about two weeks and I can tell you I've actually seen my acne looking way better, and no bloating whatsoever. Many reviews were negative but just letting you guys know don't listen to them all! Everyone's body responds differently to medication. No pregnancy which is awesome. Only down fall I've noticed is I'm tired a lot. I recommend this pill to anyone this being their first bc, it's mine and I'm 18 and it's great."

laurennpm March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Just took the pill and already making me sick "

Hgcrystalle (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Had Othro tri cyclen lo for many years pharmacy switched to this generic prescription horrible spotting between periods, acne,bloating,hives,and missed period called Doctor to switch back my normal pill othro."

Anonymous February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Tri Lo Sprintec to use for birth control as well as to help my acne. On day 3 of this pill, my legs began getting very itchy. In the days following, I had sparks of pressure in both of my legs up until day 9 where the pain had become one sided and started making my right leg throb non stop. Birth control has ties to blood clots so I was super worried. I stopped taking the pill right away after that and my leg pain went away within 2 days. It also gave me really bad acne even though I had only been on it for less than a week and a half. I do not recommend this pill at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is hands down the worst birth control I've ever been on!! I've never been so bloated, exhausted and miserable. I've gotten horrible pains In my ovaries, not to mention my stomach is a mess. I've also broken out like crazy! I've called my insurance company and I'm going to pay 50$ a month to go back to ortho tri cyclen because I never want to feel like this again. This differently isn't the same as ortho tri cyclen . If you have a choice I suggest pick any other birth control besides tri lo sprintec!"

Birth control bloat January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "DO NOT TAKE THIS BC . Worst BC ever . I wish I would've listened to the reviews. This BC ruined 72 hours of my life this week. Horrible side effects after just 3 days. irritable, annoyed with everything , loud noises hurt my head ,light hurt my eyes , and I was snapping at my husband for any little thing he said or did . Horrible stomach issues . Watery poop (sorry tmi) in the middle of the night like at 2am 3 am having to sit on the toilet for 30 min . 3rd day I called my Ob for a new brand to start. I can't continue this BC . I refuse to feel like feel 1 more day. Compare pros and cons of other BC's. I might add this was free through insurance if I had to pay 200$ or more a month I would pay the 200$ vs taking this 1 that is free."

Worst BC (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016