User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Lo-Sprintec.

Birth Control 32 reviews 292 medications

4.7
Ovarian Cysts 1 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 6 reviews 169 medications

1.2
Endometriosis 1 reviews 167 medications

Summary of Tri-Lo-Sprintec reviews 40 reviews 2.2

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

For Birth Control "I had use BC before. I stoped it because I was not sexually active anymore. I got the TLS this time, and can definitely see a few side effects on this three weeks. From lack of appetite,mood swings (also a anxiety attack while taking a class,NOT GREAT AT ALL);zero sex drive & migraine. My period during the first week went full for five days and spottting dark tone for a few days after too. Which is very irregular in my case. Everyone it's different, but I definitely don't see myself using them again."

RaeMts November 19, 2016

For Endometriosis "This is my 1st x on BCP & this is what was prescribed & I can't wait to end this pack & just suffer the horrible monthly cramps!! Since taking these, I'm always nauseous, so fatigued, constantly very irritable, my mom thinks I'm suddenly acting depressed when I never have been in my whole life, enough to where she wants me to go to counseling, I'm breaking out and it all seems to this pill, the ruthless culprit!"

HH for cramping... (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on ortho tri cyxlen lo for 10 years and loved it and had no side effects. I had to switch to tri sprintec lo 2 years ago after my insurance wouldn't cover ortho any more. Since switching, I have gotten horrible acne and I never had acne before, even as a teenager. I've also become very moody and have no sex drive. I've also gained between 5-10 pounds that I just can't get rid of. After reading other reviews on this pill, I was finally able to put the pieces together and realized the pill seems to be the culprit for my issues. Once i finish this pack, I'm getting off of it. Stay away from this birth control!"

Mrs vb September 27, 2016

For Birth Control "Made me anxiety go out of control, dizziness, nauseous, migraines, acne, breast pain, fatigue... etc etc. Don't recommend at all."

Jazzlyne (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I wish I could give this a negative score. I was using ortho tried cyclen lo before this was available as a generic and my insurance company made me switch. The pharmacist ensured me the only difference was in ONE inactive ingredient but I beg to differ- my skin is so broken out I feel like a teenager again. I have constant headaches and a migraine so bad, I went to the ER. My period is wonky, I hate it. I have an appointment at the doctor in 2 weeks, I'm going to beg for an IUD. This is the worst pill I've ever used."

ydeblois September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on tri sprinted for awhile and I thought it was such a great bc that didn't cause me to have anxiety or mood swings ... until I received the scary news that I had a blood clot in both of my lungs, the clot caused permanent damage to my lung and should have killed me. I'll take my cramps over this pain any day."

Britterb August 29, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Please avoid Tri Lo Sprintec. I've been on it for one month, and it has cased me to bleed every single day. I also had my period fifteen days after my last cycle (not normal). It's also caused dizziness, nausea at all hours of the day (to the point where it wakes me up in the middle of the night), and fatigue. Please research any birth control before you agree to taking it. Listen to your body when you notice changes after beginning this prescription."

KittyKitty123456 August 22, 2016

For Birth Control "Tried to make a longer post but had to cut it short. I have been on birth control since around age 21, originally for acne. I've been on Ortho tri cyclen, Yaz, Ortho tri cyclen lo. My doctor advised me to go back on BC for at least 3 months after returning from zika zone. I was sent Tri Lo Sprintec from my mail order pharm. NEVER AGAIN! In no particular order, I have extreme irritability, extremely sore boobs, INSOMNIA, experienced my first panic attack, ZERO SEX DRIVE, vaginal dryness, and the worst acne i have had since age 13. This med is NOT the same as ortho tri cyclin lo, so make sure you insist to your doctor that you do not want it. in all my years of taking BC with little side effects, this has been the worst 3 months ever."

TELL YOUR DOCTOR NO! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

For Birth Control "i started the original Tri-Sprintec a while back and had the worst stomach pains and was throwing up so much each night after i took it. i was scared to start Tri-Lo-Sprintec and when i did my cramps started to ease. i have to say overall, i am extremely happy with this product. i don't use the bill for birth control, i mainly use it because of bad menstrual cramps and very heavy bleeding. and so far its been very good. i do have some spotting between periods but thats apparently normal for a little while."

Breezyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had been on Ortho tri-cyclen lo since Sept. of last year (2015), and was relatively fine on it (occasional headaches but that was nothing out of the norm). Once put on generic in March 2016, I began having intense migraines 3-4 times a week, as well as extreme fatigue. I thought it was a side effect of a bad upper respiratory infection I'd had a month prior so I did not seek medical attention. After two months of being on this pill with the intense migraines and fatigue, I had a minor stroke and was hospitalized for days. While I completely understand a small percentage of women are at risk taking birth control, I can't help but be concerned that none of the headaches/fatigue began till I switched to generic."

Stroke while on OCP (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I’ve been on this birth control for about 5-6 months. I switched from Loestrin24 due to mood swings. One thing I hate about this pill compared to Loestrin 24 is that this pill has 7 placebo pills, and Loestrin 24 only had 3 placebos. I had bad side effects as soon as I started taking the pill, but I decided to stick with it in hopes that my body would adjust and things would get better. I am now ending month 5 on this pill and things have only gotten worse. My periods are now 2 and 1/2 weeks long. I start bleeding when I start week 3 of the pack, bleed through that week, the placebo week, and a few days on my new pack. Also I have terrible mood swings, insomnia, no sex drive. Only positive, no acne. I am 21, 5’9”, and 120 lbs for reference"

Jennax2631 June 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I used to take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo prior and stopped for about 4-5 years until getting back on birth control about 4 months ago. My gynecologist recommended this particular brand and so I thought I would give it a try. It reminds me of my previous birth control. I had no negative side effects whatsoever (but every woman's body is different.) I'm thin framed (5'9") but gain weight in my breasts and butt. My weight never fluctuates past 120. Prior to the birth control I tried gaining weight but could never gain more than 108lbs due to diet change (vegan). Thankfully enough this birth control helped me gain about 7lbs. After the 2nd month of taking the birth control I went from a full B cup to a full C. No complaints here. They're perkier too."

Demi1991 June 16, 2016

For Birth Control "WORST BIRTH CONTROL EVER! i had been on ortho tri cyclen lo for over a year or 2 and my insurance had just chose the tri lo sprintec for the generic brand. the pharmacist told me it was the EXACT SAME THING. no it wasnt. i felt fine my first pack and the right into my second pack i started to get anxiety attacks out of nowhere. i would just be sitting on my couch and my heart would start racing and it felt like i couldnt breath. i was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis 3 years ago and it completely made that flare up. on top of all that i was upset all of the time for no reason. i would not recommend this birth control to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Using for acne and hormonal reasons, works well for skin clearing and regular periods. Does induce some spotting prior to menstrual cycle but others works great with no other side effects."

GRT7651 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I don't know how this stuff is still on the market. My main issue with this pill is the bleeding in between periods. I have never spotted on Amethyst so the full month of bleeding is weird and confusing. If I didn't know my body so well, I wouldn't have known when my menstruation actually began. I asked my doctor to take me off ASAP and put me back on Amethyst. That was is 100% covered anyways."

NellyTap June 14, 2016

For Birth Control "This is terrible, honestly. I was on ortho tri cyclen but then my pharmacy told me I ran out of refills. Ever since I was put on this I have gained 10 lbs in 3 months (which I haven't gained/loss more than 3 lbs in over 5 years). My moodiness has caused me to start fights with my boyfriend like crazy and I feel awful almost 24/7 even though I'm on Prozac as well. The only thing that works is the actual birth control part."

Potentiallyjess May 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I had absolutely no problems with this birth control. No nausea, spotting, mood changes, whatsoever. It reduced my menstrual cramps. Also made my boobs swell, but I think that's a good thing haha. Anyways, I switched to Trinessa (another generic for Ortho Tri Cyclen), because it's free with my insurance, and it gave me migraine with aura as well as mood changes. I really wish I stuck to Tri Lo Sprintec."

Jobela May 12, 2016

For Birth Control "My insurance switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec about a month and a half ago w/out me knowing. I decided to give it a shot since it was free and I was paying $100/month for Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo previously. On OTCL for 2 years, I had no negative side effects, which was a relief after trying everything under the sun (most recently microgestin fe, which made me incredibly depressed). The 1.5 months, since I have been on TLS, ALL of these negative side effects: Irritability, depression, weight gain, depression, headaches, lethargy...you name it, I have it. I am SO upset that I finally found something that worked and insurance dictates what pill I should take. I'm speaking with my Dr to fix my Rx ASAP. Not staying on TLS no matter what."

Duped & Cranky (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched from orthopedic tri cyclen lo because my insurance started charging me almost $300 for 3 months. I didn't want to pay this so i was put on tri lo sprintec since it was covered. I started getting the worst anxiety I have ever had at the bed of the first week. I am on my second pack and hasn't gotten better. I am finishing out this pack and switching. This has been by far the worst birth control for me."

BC ortho May 11, 2016

For Birth Control "Terrible! I've been constantly irritable since switching to this from ortho tri cyclen. I've also experienced low sex drive, intense food cravings, and vaginal irritation. My pharmacy told me this would be the same as ortho tri cyclen buts it's definitely not. I thought I was losing my mind until I started researching this drug and saw how many women were having the same problems. I went to the pharmacy today and they switched back to the ortho tri cyclen. It's so expensive but definitely worth it if it makes these mood swings go away."

May2016 May 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I wish I could give this medication a ZERO. I had been on Ortho Tri-cyclin Lo for 8 years with no side effects. My insurance switched me to Sprintec and I only took it for a week when my entire face broke out which never happens to me, I had horrible head aches and developed an ulcer which I'm not sure is related."

Veryunhappycaligirl May 7, 2016

For Birth Control "After being on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo for over a year my pharmacy switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec and as with others I was "assured" this was the same exact drug that I had been taking. Well after the first pack my face has been breaking out throughout the month, my 2nd month my period was MUCH more painful (one of the reasons I went on BC to begin with) and I bled for almost a full week instead of my normal 4-5 days. By the 3rd month I noticed my anxiety and abdominal cramping at all times of my cycle flaring up. Mood swings galore and a period that lasted more than 7 days. :( Spoke with my PCP and she agreed to switch back to brand name only and I am hopeful that it will all resolve and that other ladies see these reviews too!"

MCSa1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on tri lo sprinter for four months. I switched over from Ortho tri cyclen, which I loved. My first period on tri lo sprinter was horrendous. I was extremely depressed, and hopeless, which I did not experience on my previous birth control. Since then my mood around the time of my period has settled, but I get debilitating migraines consistently every month the first day of my period. It has the same active ingredients as the name brand, but it feels quite different to me, maybe that has to do with the inactive ingredients."

KateAlli3 April 27, 2016

For Birth Control "2 months ago my insurance informed me they no longer cover Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (that had no side effects) and would basically have to switch to the generic form, Tri-lo sprintec. Being assured that it was the same thing and that keeping ortho would cost about 150, I went ahead and took the generic. I could only make it through 1 and a half packs before I couldn't take the side effects anymore. I was gaining a lot of weight for no reason, constantly bloated, breaking out, fatigued, suddenly depressed for no reason, spotting and even my period just starting for no reason! I finally finished my second pack today but my period started a week ago. Told the pharmacy to switch me back, worst BC, not the same as ortho lo."

So many side effects (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for the last two years. I absolutely love the pill; it got rid of my acne and I never experienced negative side effects. That being said, I can't say the same for Tri Lo Sprintec. Recently, my insurance only covers Sprintec. My doc switched me and assured me it's the same exact pill. I've been using it for a week. I'm beginning to break out on my face, which I could live with. What I can't live with is the relentless and extremely painful abdominal cramps and bloating I'm experiencing. These are the worst cramps I've had in my entire life. After doing research, I've found many women share a similar experience with myself. Also, Ortho and Sprintec aren't exactly the same. So, beware of switching to it."

Prior Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo User (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016