User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

2.5

Summary of Tri-Lo-Sprintec reviews 4.4 150 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

Jessie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

For Birth Control "Ok Tri Lo-Sprintec works for preventing pregnancy but honestly I don’t know anymore if it’s worth it. I have been on it for 4 months now and recently I find myself crying, without appetite, sad, I feel so hopeless right now! Not even my little baby cheers me up and this is not me, my assumption is that this pill is messing up my mind. I should stop it and try to be my happy self again though I don’t know what pill to try now all of them have the same type of feedback. I’m afraid to try another one that might be even worst. I just wanna feel happy to be alive again. Secondly I’ve been having pain in my breasts and they feel heavy and swollen like when you breastfeed burn and I'm not breastfeeding since months and months ago!! Anyone else felt breast pain on this pill? Oh !! Third but not last my libido has decreased a little bit significantly but I have noticed is not the same as before either. So Yeap. I’m thinking to give up on this!"

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2019

For Ovarian Cysts "Not the same. I was on ortho tri cyclen lo for 15 years (age 16-31). Initially went on it after a round of Accutane in highschool to help keep my hormonal cystic acne at bay. It worked great and kept the babies away all throughout college and in my later 20’s. I went off it a couple years before my husband and I were planning to conceive to clean out my system. After I had my baby at 34 I was put on mini pill. Overall I didn’t mind Heather but I did get nausea on it and my periods weren’t predictable. I asked to switch back to my tried and true- ortho tri cyclen lo, only to find out they don’t make it anymore! Insert huge sad face with streaming tears. Still hopeful, I tried the generic version- this one Tri-Lo-Sprintec. It is definitely no way like it at all. My chin has completely broken out and my ovaries are swollen to the point of barely walkable cramps- 2 weeks in. This never happened with Ortho. So upset they don’t make Ortho any more I will probably stop using the pill all together."

Chels · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

For Birth Control "I can’t believe it took me 6 months to figure out this pill was making me lose my mind. I have been on Trinessa Lo for about 3 years, and when they discontinued it a few months ago during the winter they put me on Tri Lo Sprintec. The pharmacist said that it was the same. HA. I have had insane mood swings, depression for the fors time time in my life, irritability, fatigue, and no libido. My good friends mom is a OB and is getting me on a new pill. This should not be a substitute for orthotrycylin Lo or Trinessa Lo, it freaking sucks!"

jxwll · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

For Birth Control "I had to switch from Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo to Tri-Lo-Sprintec due to my original being discontinued. The first 2 out 4 weeks of each birth control pack is just fine. I didn't mind the weight gain and my mood swings were similar to my other birth control. HOWEVER, this birth control will seriously messes up your health. I've been having constant migraines and at one point thought I was having a heart attack. I talked to my doctor about my symptoms and she agreed that it was best to get off this birth control. It gave me panic attack like symptoms and is not worth preventing pregnancy. My period come 3 days late anyways so I spend those days panicking if I'm pregnant. Do yourself a favor and invest in something else."

Mina · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill was the worst decision of my life. I started off using Mononessa as birth control and to regulate my period around 4 years ago and stayed on the pill until now. A month ago I switched to Tri Lo Sprintec to help some weird acne I was getting constantly on the Mononessa , but the Tri Lo Sprintec is just was horrible. All the side effects hit me hard, the migraines, anxiety, depression. I had around 3 panic attacks that last hours for every week so I decided to ditch the pill and now I’m letting my body just clean itself out."

Monica June 14, 2019

"I started using Tri Lo Sprintec in January. I’ve always had acne but it wasn’t too bad like my sister’s. It bothered me though so I wanted to fix it. My sister resorted to Accutane, which I didn’t believe I needed. My doctor prescribed a less effective birth control(Ortho Tri Cyclen) and it switches brand every few months to Tri Lo Sprintec and Tri Lo Marzia. In April, I switched from Tri-Lo-Sprintec to Tri-Lo-Marzia. The Tri-Lo-Sprintec was working fine and cleared up my acne about 95% but I noticed I had gained about 3-4 pounds. After switching to Tri-Lo-Marzia, I lost that weight but my weight also tends to fluctuate so I’m not sure if it was because of the pills. In 2 days, I start my next 3 months on Tri-Lo-Sprintec again and I’m not worried. I’ve never really experienced any odd side effects from this birth control series. I don’t particularly like the weight gain but I don’t mind a few pounds, plus the birth control part seems to work pretty good for me. I’m very satisfied with Tri-Lo-Sprintec"

MLy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 11, 2019

For Birth Control "I switched to Tri-Lo-Sprintec from Yaz because I hated the side effects on Yaz. Pros: I did not experience any loss of libido, my moods and mental states were normal, no weight gain, cramps under control, no abnormal bleeding, and most importantly I did not become pregnant. Cons: I am now experiencing an apparent allergic reaction to the sun (being in the sun for even a short time even with plenty of sunscreen, my skin gets red and itchy for days afterwards - photosensitivity reaction) plus I started having migraines after my first cycle on Tri-Lo-Sprintec. After 8 months on it, I've found some migraine triggers and now only get them once a month - during the inactive week of this pill (or about a week after starting a new pack straight away) so I'm stopping this particular pill to see if something with a different dose of hormone stops the apparently hormonal migraines. I can deal with the sun rash but I cannot deal with the migraines anymore, which is sad because otherwise I loved this pill."

Birthcontroluser · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill has made me lose my hair!! My hair is already fine naturally but this is the second time I’m on Tri-Lo-Sprintec and this is the second time I’ve noticed hair thinning! It’s definitely due to this pill, the only good thing about it is it has kept my skin in perfect condition, a little bit on the dry side but I haven’t broke out in months, compared to my last pill which made me have cystic acne but the side affect of losing my hair isn’t worth it!! I’m stopping it once I finish this pack."

Bri June 3, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Took Tri-Lo-Sprintec for 8ish. months because I had really bad, painful, heavy, inconsistent periods. It definitely helped make them more consistent. When I wasn't on it, my period would start light and the last few days would be heavy. However, when I was on it, it started heavy and ended up light. It helped with the pain, which was really my biggest issue, but each period was still painful and heavy. Skin cleared up after 5 or 6 months of using it, which was a plus. I asked my OBGYN if I could skip the placebo pills and she said if I had an event I could but its not something you can do consistently on these pills because you can have break though bleeding. So I tried it and it was AWFUL, my period was delayed the first few days I didn't take the placebo pills but started and lasted like two weeks. Not only was it long but it was like my periods before birth control: SUPER painful. Overall, its been good to me but I'm not going live in pain anymore so I'm gonna switch."

Mal · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 31, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on Tri Lo Sprintec for a little over 6 months now. After trying the Progestin only pill which caused side effects such as anxiety, depression, nausea, headache I then was switched to Sprintec which caused abnormal bleeding for nearly three months. I love Tri Lo Sprintec! It took awhile for my body to adjust. I had some weight gain. No other major side effects. It tremendously helps with irregular, heavy, painful periods and all other PMS symptoms. My mood is also much more stabilized on it. Everyone is different. Do not let the reviews from others scare you from trying this one. You'll eventually find one that works for you! This one just happened to be the one for me."

Kat May 15, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "When I went on this Tri-Lo-Sprintec pill for acne and painful periods I was nervous. After reading the horrifying reviews and already having taken 2 previous brands of birth control that did not work well for me, I finally tried this. Tri-Lo-Sprintec has been a miracle on My stubborn, ever-present acne finally started to get under control, and I have the best skin I've ever had in my life--no joke. Also, I have less period pain and a lighter flow. I don't use it for birth control so I'm not sure how well it works contraception-wise, but it's been great for acne and periods. I haven't experienced weight gain, headaches, or mood swings. It took my body a couple of weeks to get accustomed to it, but overall it's been wonderful and easy. I'd just like to stress that everyone's different, and each person has a birth control that works for them. No matter what the reviews say, don't be afraid to try--you may be glad you did. If I'd been psyched out by these reviews I never would have had this amazing turnout. I love this pill!"

K May 14, 2019

For Birth Control "Like many others, I switched to Tri-Lo-Sprintec birth control after Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo was discontinued. I had a previously bad experience with this, but I decided to give it another try since I really didn’t have any other options. Worst mistake ever! I have been on it this time for almost 4 months, and I stopped after the first week of my new pack, because I just can’t take it anymore. My skin has not been affected by this medication, but the bloating and weight gain is AWFUL! The only time I feel halfway normal is during the last week with the placebos, even with my period. Oh, and those have been much worse since taking these pills...heavier and cramping badly. After reading other reviews I’m starting to wonder if they’ve been the cause of my headaches as well. I’m not sure what I’m going to do instead, but I don’t feel like myself anymore while taking these, so they are no longer an option for me."

Fleece31 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I thought I’d be fine on the Tri-Lo-Sprintec pill because it’s the generic for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and I had a flawless experience with that one. But this one gave me really bad anxiety I was unable to control & panic attacks. Gave it half stars because it prevented pregnancy"

AJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2019

For Birth Control "After Ortho TriCyclen Lo was discontinued, I was switched to Tri-Lo-Sprintec birth control. I’ve used Ortho for almost 20 years and loved it so much. This generic pill is the worst! Nausea, headaches, inability to sleep, irritable, major fatigue, lots of weight gain and the worst, seriously debilitating depression. This pill has messed me up so bad! I had to stop taking it just to feel normal again. 0/10 would never recommend this drug to anyone, not even an enemy."

Shai · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2019

For Birth Control "Like the review ahead of me, I've also experienced the HORRIBLE side effects of Tri-Lo-Sprintec and think it should be discontinued. I was crying every day in my bosses office, sad, moody and emotional for NO reason and seriously depressed and didn't feel like me. I started my period 2 weeks early and it lasted longer than usual and I've never had cramps or bloating until now. I hate this pill and stopped taking it. Been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo since I was 16 (almost 20 years) and then Trinessa Lo which both worked fab for me for years. This new drug is awful. Gave it 3.5 months and tossed it. Asking about IUD at GYNO now. Good luck to others. How do we get the old drug back?!?!"

Rara · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2019

For Birth Control "So after getting off the Mirena because of an infection I was practically done with IUDs. So I needed a new form of birth control. So my doctor prescribed me this. And let me tell you it was the worst decision. Tri-Lo-Sprintec gave me the WORST acne. Never in my life have I had acne. I was lucky to be blessed with practically perfect skin. And once I went on this my skin just erupted. I told my doctor and she said give it 2-3 months for my body to adjust to the hormones and I did. And my acne just got worse and worse. Then I decided to stop because I couldn't take it anymore and once I stopped my acne started to go away. Now I'm left with acne scars that I have to get rid off. Do not go on this birth control. It will ruin your skin."

Meh · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2019

For Birth Control "When I first started Tri-Lo-Sprintec I was doing well on it. After the 2nd packet I started to experience bad nausea and some diarrhea. It was very uncomfortable. I felt like it might of made me gain some weight as well. And not to mention that my sex drive was definitely down. It was an effective BC but the side effect came with were just not worth it."

Alice · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control for about 4 years of my life now. I've been on the nuvaring and microgestin. Never had any side effects with those, but I've dealt with acne for a really long time so I decided to switch to a birth control that could help with that. I was on it for a couple of months, didn't notice any side effects at first and my acne wasn't getting any better or worse (I didn't expect it to start working right away obviously), but by the end of the second month oh boy. I experienced horrible depression, I would cry for no reason, had no energy or motivation to do anything. I was very irritable and I had my period for 10 days straight. With that begin said, I decided to stop taking that. I never write reviews but I also want the person reading this to keep in mind, our bodies are different, this birth control might be amazing for you. Just because it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for you."

B · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 29, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Trinessa Lo and got switched to Tri-Lo-Sptrintec since Trinessa Lo has been discontinued. Honestly, what is this?? Like some other reviews mentioned, I start to bleed around week 3 of the pack, before the placebo. And the blood is really bright red, it looks abnormal. I don't understand what's happening to my body with this pill. I definitely have been way more emotional than usual. The one month where I managed to not bleed until my actual placebo, I had the worst cramps in my life (I've never been a crampy type) and I just felt miserable. After month 4 of being on this mess I'm looking for something else because this pill needs to be taken off the market. Low sex drive, unusual bleeding, hormones acting up - it's too much. Only thing, my acne has gotten better. But not worth it!"

Astro March 25, 2019

For Birth Control "After reading these reviews, I realized I have gone through the same thing as so many other people on here. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for years and absolutely loved it. My insurance stopped covering it and I got switched to Trinessa Lo. Trinessa Lo was great and I didn't even notice a difference. But now, both Ortho and Trinessa are discontinued and I was forced into switching to Tri Lo Sprintec. I was really hopeful it would turn out ok like it did with Trinessa. NOPE! Tri lo Sprintec was awful! I only took it for a week before I had to absolutely stop taking it. 1.) I broke out in acne very badly 2.) I got bad head aches and slight nausea 3.) I had pretty annoying mood swings, but the worst side effect for me was the absolutely crippling depression and feeling of sadness and absolute dread. I was paralyzed with depression and sadness on this pill and cried every single day. I couldn't even give the pill a chance for a full cycle because it was just too awful."

Krissy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 19, 2019

For Birth Control "Tri-lo-sprintec was a very effective birth control for me, no problems or side effects whatsoever just minor headaches at first."

Adizzle · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

For Birth Control "This is my second week on this birth control, switching from the Paragard IUD. The pros about this brand is that I don’t have any mood swings, (which were really terrible on other birth control methods,) my skin looks flawless, and I’ve lost a few pounds, (mostly from lack of appetite due to headaches and nausea symptoms.) I’ve also noticed a decrease in vaginal discharge that I always use to have. The cons are definitely the intense headaches that are debilitating on some days. A lot of fatigue, nausea and lack of appetite symptoms. The side effect that concerns me the most is the chest discomfort. It almost feels like I’m short of breath with the occasional increased heart rate. Also feels like a bad heartburn. It’s hard to explain. I’m going to go through the pack and see how I feel. Hopefully these symptoms are just from by body adjusting to the pills. We will see."

Content · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "After reading the reviews I was afraid to take this pill because I had been on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and it was great, then Trinessa Lo. I stopped taking the pill at all for a few months and was later given Tri-Lo-Sprintec. I’m done with the first month and this is great compared to the Lo Loesterin Fe I had taken previously that gave me the worst side effects. The first night I took tri-lo-sprintec, I woke up super nauseated in the middle of the night, but that was it. The first week I was slightly nauseated throughout the day but taking it at night with food helped and I don’t get nauseated anymore. Upon taking the pill sometimes I do get slightly bloated for a little bit but it goes away. I had crippling anxiety on the other two pills but have found this pill doesn’t give me that at all. I was dealing with post-birth-control acne on my forehead and tri-lo-sprinted cleared it right up within the first week. These reviews scared me half to death but I’m glad I tried it!"

SUZQ · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2019

For Birth Control "Tri-lo-sprintec is an effective birth control, but awful side effects. Just like many reviewers, I have been on Ortho tricyclen lo and subsequently Trinessa lo for years... And loved it. Both are manufactured by Janssen and both have been discontinued. So I was defaulted to Tri-Lo-Sprintec. I hate this drug. It should not be considered an equivalent to the Janssen brands. I have been dealing with acne, weight gain, and zero libido. I gave it 3 months, and do not see improvement. I'm hoping there is a better alternative to the Janssen brand after speaking with my doctor. Good luck, gals!"

dee March 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I had used the shot and the implant. After a 2 year hiatus I wanted to try the pill. This pill has increased my appetite. I would starve (off the pill) from stress. I had nausea the first few days but had it off the pill too. My stubborn cystic acne reduced. I felt some anxiety the first few days but nothing new. My bra size went up. I get headaches sometimes but its probably my caffeine dependency. I got asked if I lost weight I’ve had worse side effects off other medicines and vitamins and stress than right now. The only reason I’m not rating higher is ‘cause I’m used to “heavy duty” birth control. Those methods feel brutal but I had peace of mind knowing there’d be no need to get an abortion. That’s why I can’t give it a 9 or 10. It may be right for some women’s bodies. I mean I’m super sensitive to side effects but I’ve been normal. So try it for a week and stop if it’s bad, don’t stick with it."