User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Lo-Sprintec.

Endometriosis 2 reviews 106 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 9 reviews 109 medications

1.1
Summary of Tri-Lo-Sprintec reviews 78 reviews 3.2

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

For Ovarian Cysts "For all of you who have just started taking the Tri-Lo Sprintec and don't notice any symptoms, just wait. I was switched from Ortho Tri-Cylcen Lo to Tri-Lo Sprintec in July of 2016. In May of 2017 I started getting insane headaches, to the point where I couldn't have any lights on in my office because I couldn't look at my computer screen for more. I also gained about 15 unwanted pounds over the past year. I did some research and decided to go back to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo to see if the symptoms would go away. They went away almost immediately. I don't recommend Tri- Lo Sprintec to anyone, but I do recommend Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. Yes, there is a cost but I have taken it for 10 years and have had no problems, I think it is worth the money."

Anonymous October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control has no copay under my insurance and it works great for my needs."

Kkkkkkkkkb October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Let me start off by saying, yes, the bad reviews scared me at first, too. So much in fact, that I feared to even use this birth control pill. I have been using this method for 3 months now, and in all honesty, its worked fine. Granted of course, the first week or two will be a bit rough for just about anyone. You're adding something new to your body, so you probably will feel sick, sleepy, headaches, my biggest problem was anxiety at first. But once your body has adjusted to the pills, it really has no consequences. Just make sure you read all the information, take it the same time every day, and give it a try! I understand everyone is different, but it doesn't hurt to try! It's worked fine, and has done its job great."

TsWasHere September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Don't worry ladies, I'm one of the apparent few who don't have a bad experience! I feel fine, no acne, no weight gain, no nausea. So if you're thinking about it, just give it a try, it works different for everyone!"

Gigiiiiii September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I don't even write reviews but I have to because this birth control is terrible. I would have panic attacks and was depressed for the first couple of weeks but it went away. But now I have been bleeding HEAVILY FOR A WHOKE MONTH. I've never had adnormal bleeding and it's just a terrible birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS ORTHO TRI CYCLYN LO!! I do not care what pharmacists or doctors say. I was on ortho tri cycling lo for 15 years and loved it and had NO side effects. The "generic" was given to me because my insurance stopped covering birth control and obviously the generic is cheaper. Within 2 weeks my moods were INSANE - I can't stop crying and I am just an emotional mess. My boobs are huge and hurt so bad and I have horribly painful cystic acne all over my face and chin and neck. It also made my sex drive literally non existent.This is the worst thing that I have put in my body. I do not recommend that anyone takes this. What's more upsetting is that it is acceptable to tell people that it is comparable to the real medication."

MRKohn September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on ortho tri cyclen for over a year and had no complaints what so ever but like many other women my insurance stopped covering it completely so I was switched to this brand. I didn't have any side effects with this medication so it didn't bother me but I did end up getting pregnant. I never missed a pill and always made sure to take it at the same time every day. I ended up having to pay for an abortion and now I'm switching the implant. By the way ladies, apparently 6 out of 100 girls can still get pregnant on the pill even if they take it correctly while the implant is 99% effective."

Steph D. September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Ortho Triclen Lo for more than 5 years, but my insurance no longer covers it; therefore my doctor put me on Tri Lo Sprintec since there was no copay. I was only on Sprintec for 2 months and oh boy it was bad! I received cysts, more whiteheads than before, headaches, was extra moody, fatigue and all that negative side effects. The worst were the cramps during my period. It was very painful with heavy bleeding. I couldn't walk because it hurt that bad. Period lasted 5-7 days. I haven't been on Sprintec for 3 months but my period has never been the same since taking it. When I was on Ortho Tricylen Lo, it calmed my acne, shorter and lighter periods, no cramps, no fatigue. It's too bad my insurance doesn't cover Ortho Tricylen Lo :("

Cassedie September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have had bleeding for over a month now and I have never had an abnormal cycle. Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo is the way to go. If it's the "same", why am I experiencing different symptoms? The bigger problem ladies is why can't women choose which birth control pill they want to ingest at a reasonable cost? Why is Ortho now $60 under our plans especially when we are experiencing such horrific side effects. It costs the insurer more in the long run because I now have to call the gyno, go in for a check, an ultrasound etc due to abnormal bleeding versus simply giving us a choice."

Katez7 September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for about five years. It was fantastic, no problems at all. My insurance switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec and initially I was excited because its fully covered. The first month was fine, and then the breakouts started. They have gradually gotten worse. I gave it six months to see if things would settle down, but they haven't at all. I'm broken out on my chest, back, all up my neck and behind my ears, along my jaw and forehead. I even had a huge zit on my earlobe this week. These are not normal breakouts. I'm so disappointed in this generic and I'm switching."

Annnnnnnnn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My skin cleared up within a few months! (I was also on Doxy and used clindamycin though) I dropped 15 pounds, and I never got the emotional side affects or anything. Although, I never got cramps before and now I get some rough ones. They're not unbearable, but they hurt and need a heated blanket sometimes. I also have a longer/heavier period. Went from 3 days to 5/6. (I had a super light period and I'd consider it pretty normal now so it's not awful.) I'm also not currently pregnant."

LeeSpeng (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Ortho Tricyclen Lo for 6 months and my doctor switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec due to insurance purpose,( which is the generic version)(cheaper). I have no serious side affects with Ortho Tri… I normally don’t get bad side effects from any medicine. But after a month and a half of taking Tri Lo Sprintec..I've noticed depression, fatigue, crazy mood swings like NEVER BEFORE, dry mouth, decreased in sex drive, nausea, sore breasts.. I do not recommend this birth control to ANYONE! I have never experienced such sever side affects!!!"

Lu154 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 33 yrs old never taken any pills my entire life. I don't want anymore kids but not ready to get my tubes tied. I asked my doctor to put me on pills to give it a try. My RX was for the Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo but my insurance copay was $120 and the pharmacy gave me Tri Lo Sprintec for no copay. My goodness just in 3 days of taking the pills I have severe migraine, nausea, breasts are sore, hair loss, mood swings, I crave for food mostly at night time, face was covered with bumpy white heads esp my jaw area which I don't get any at all. I am stopping the pills before it gets worst, I was going to wait to finish the pack since I am on 16th days but can't take anymore of this weird changes to my body. Going to switch or might get tied."

1984Mommyof3 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Trying this birth control has forever changed my life. Each person is different and may experience different things however unfortunately I experienced the worst.. extreme hair loss. I have now been diagnosed with alopecia because nobody wants to own that this was the cause. DO YOUR RESEARCH before getting on this, unfortunately I failed to do so. I trusted my OBGYN and it's now put me in a very emotional and low place. I do not wish this upon anybody else."

Anonymous August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I talked to my doctor about getting on the pill mainly for birth control. I also asked to be on a pill that will help clear my moderate acne and not make it worse. I was given Tri Lo Sprintec. After reading the mostly awful reviews about it I was really nervous to start taking it but I thought I'd give it a shot and if it was awful talk to my doctor about an alternative. I'm now on day 7 and there hasn't been any major complications. The only negatives are that I get headaches and occasional nausea (not severe) and as far as my acne, it hasn't really made a change. My doctor said it will take a few months to adjust so I'll see how things go but so far it's not too bad. Gave it half stars because I'm only on day 7."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Like most other women on here, I started out with Ortho Tri Cyclin Lo. Then my insurance wouldn't cover it now I'm taking Tri Lo Sprintec. I've been on it for close to a year now and haven't had many negative side effects. The first two or three months I had nausea but that went away after a while. I have hardly any PMS symptoms, my periods are regular and last 5 days Max. And not many breakouts. I'm happy with this pill and would continue to take it. The one thing I noticed that's different from the name brand is when I jump straight in to a new pack to skip my period, I have spotting for a week or two."

Tina.x July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill since January (it is now July) and sadly I've developed cystic acne from it and now I'm on accutane. If I would've realized sooner that it was the culprit, I would've stopped immediately. I took this pill in the first place for my acne only. I was someone who had moderate acne and this cystic acne has made me so depressed. If you notice changes in your skin 4/5 months in that aren't good, I would say to change your pill. My problem is that I read reviews saying it would get better and it just gradually got worse. I also read reviews that said your skin would get used to it before it got better and that wasn't true for me at all. Save yourself before it gets worse definitely. Wish I could put pictures of my acne here :("

Acnetane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Used for approximate 1 month. Experienced restless nights, increased emotion-i.e. Felt I was going to cry over silly things that wouldn't normally make me emotional, mood swings, increased anxiety, headaches, and increased agitation. I'm very intune with my body and didn't feel like myself. I felt like I was " PMSing" the entire month. Was prescribed Ortho-Tricylcen-Lo- however my insurance only covered generics and substitutes a " similar " product. No similar really- with the exception of both being labeled as birth control. Switching ASAP. I rated it a "3" because ultimately it did its job, and I did not get pregnant."

Sarah5325 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking tri-lo-sprintec for over a year now, but in the last 4-ish months, I've started to get worse PMS super bloated, tender breasts, exhaustion, and mild anxiety and lack of motivation, even for my favorite sport, rock climbing. My sex drive has even gone down, and I used to be insatiable. I initially went on this birth control to clear up my acne and it used to help my PMS symptoms but now they are back and just as severe, if not worse, and they start week 2 of my pack and last until my period starts. Except my skin is still clear, that is the only benefit. I've been incredibly uncomfortable and I am on my last pack, hopefully getting an IUD when I get my next period. I used to feel great on this, now I feel terrible."

MCA1993 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am on my first month of taking this birth control. As many others, I was taking Ortho tri cyclen for 5+ years and stopped when I wanted to see if it was affecting me mentally (anxiety, mood swings etc.) and now my insurance doesn't accept it so this was the next best thing. I was nauseous the first 2 weeks and a couple days it was absolutely miserable! My breasts have grown and my boobs hurt constantly! I was getting bad acne before taking the bc and now my face has definitely cleared. I will stick out the nausea and breast pain and continue on month two, but if it continues, it is not the right birth control for me!"

Phoebe1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Not usually a review type of person, but everyone needs to know: THIS IS TERRIBLE. I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for four years with no problems, short 3 day periods. Then insurance decided I needed to try a generic brand and I was sad about 7 day placebos, but gave it a try. Switching after my first month back! I have had 8 break outs of cold sores this month, usually once a year, and very HEAVY and long periods, and before BC they weren't this bad! I'm going through 3 supers a day, and I'm 5'1", 110 lbs. Also EXTREME irritability and anxiety. Need to study for the MCAT so I'm switching back ASAP. Worst BC on the market. Don't take the risk! Ask your doctor for something else."

SadEvenforaPreMed May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I was originally on Junel fe but that was a horror show with all the mood swings, bleeding, acne and just horrible nausea. I lost 11 pounds on that so beware. Anyway, once I told my doctor, she prescribed this. The first pack caused some nausea, a small break out and just an odd feeling. once I got that under my belt, I've had no problems! I'm on my fourth pack starting today and it's been great. Clear face, light periods, and doesn't make me gain weight. How ever, I must say around the placebo week, I get so bloated, horrible cramps and headaches...otherwise, it's been great. So the effectiveness of it, I haven't gotten pregnant yet, knock on wood. Just keep taking the pill at the correct time and you'll be fine!"

lizzyboo101010101 May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I've been on this pill for two months. I started it to balance my hormones. My cycle had become irregular, which had never happened, ever. My doctor also found some cysts on my endometrium. Only bad thing is nausea and fatigue. Not going to start my third pack! No mood swing, no cravings, no breakthrough bleeding. It has evened out my cycle, or at least I feel like it has. I will have to see when I stop taking it. A co-worker told me to try taking it with an antacid so I will try that before I stop taking it. Again, the nausea and fatigue are the worst and all I want to do is sleep."

bmcgee85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This pill does not help with abnormal bleeding. Everything that people have been saying is true. Emotions and bad bleeding is bad. The whole thing is bad"

aGreenland May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My pharmacy switched me over to this from Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and this is the worst thing I have ever taken. At first I was experiencing spotting immediately after being an hour late of taking my pill. It was so bad the first month I spotted for a week and then got my period the next with horrible cramps and headaches. I have been on it for 3 months now and I have spotted every month. This month I got my period for two days over a week before I was supposed to. In addition to this, I have been experiencing crazy anger & mood swings for the first time. To the point where I got mad at my boyfriend for trying to plan a vacation with me and then cried immediately afterwards. I have also had some pain in my ovaries and broke out more than ever."

meg2244 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017