User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
2.2

Summary of Tri-Lo-Sprintec reviews 4.4 135 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

For Birth Control "When I first started Tri-Lo-Sprintec I was doing well on it. After the 2nd packet I started to experience bad nausea and some diarrhea. It was very uncomfortable. I felt like it might of made me gain some weight as well. And not to mention that my sex drive was definitely down. It was an effective BC but the side effect came with were just not worth it."

Meh (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control for about 4 years of my life now. I've been on the nuvaring and microgestin. Never had any side effects with those, but I've dealt with acne for a really long time so I decided to switch to a birth control that could help with that. I was on it for a couple of months, didn't notice any side effects at first and my acne wasn't getting any better or worse (I didn't expect it to start working right away obviously), but by the end of the second month oh boy. I experienced horrible depression, I would cry for no reason, had no energy or motivation to do anything. I was very irritable and I had my period for 10 days straight. With that begin said, I decided to stop taking that. I never write reviews but I also want the person reading this to keep in mind, our bodies are different, this birth control might be amazing for you. Just because it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for you."

Alice (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Trinessa Lo and got switched to Tri-Lo-Sptrintec since Trinessa Lo has been discontinued. Honestly, what is this?? Like some other reviews mentioned, I start to bleed around week 3 of the pack, before the placebo. And the blood is really bright red, it looks abnormal. I don't understand what's happening to my body with this pill. I definitely have been way more emotional than usual. The one month where I managed to not bleed until my actual placebo, I had the worst cramps in my life (I've never been a crampy type) and I just felt miserable. After month 4 of being on this mess I'm looking for something else because this pill needs to be taken off the market. Low sex drive, unusual bleeding, hormones acting up - it's too much. Only thing, my acne has gotten better. But not worth it!"

B (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2019

For Birth Control "After reading these reviews, I realized I have gone through the same thing as so many other people on here. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for years and absolutely loved it. My insurance stopped covering it and I got switched to Trinessa Lo. Trinessa Lo was great and I didn't even notice a difference. But now, both Ortho and Trinessa are discontinued and I was forced into switching to Tri Lo Sprintec. I was really hopeful it would turn out ok like it did with Trinessa. NOPE! Tri lo Sprintec was awful! I only took it for a week before I had to absolutely stop taking it. 1.) I broke out in acne very badly 2.) I got bad head aches and slight nausea 3.) I had pretty annoying mood swings, but the worst side effect for me was the absolutely crippling depression and feeling of sadness and absolute dread. I was paralyzed with depression and sadness on this pill and cried every single day. I couldn't even give the pill a chance for a full cycle because it was just too awful."

Astro March 25, 2019

For Birth Control "Tri-lo-sprintec was a very effective birth control for me, no problems or side effects whatsoever just minor headaches at first."

Krissy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2019

For Birth Control "This is my second week on this birth control, switching from the Paragard IUD. The pros about this brand is that I don’t have any mood swings, (which were really terrible on other birth control methods,) my skin looks flawless, and I’ve lost a few pounds, (mostly from lack of appetite due to headaches and nausea symptoms.) I’ve also noticed a decrease in vaginal discharge that I always use to have. The cons are definitely the intense headaches that are debilitating on some days. A lot of fatigue, nausea and lack of appetite symptoms. The side effect that concerns me the most is the chest discomfort. It almost feels like I’m short of breath with the occasional increased heart rate. Also feels like a bad heartburn. It’s hard to explain. I’m going to go through the pack and see how I feel. Hopefully these symptoms are just from by body adjusting to the pills. We will see."

Adizzle (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "After reading the reviews I was afraid to take this pill because I had been on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and it was great, then Trinessa Lo. I stopped taking the pill at all for a few months and was later given Tri-Lo-Sprintec. I’m done with the first month and this is great compared to the Lo Loesterin Fe I had taken previously that gave me the worst side effects. The first night I took tri-lo-sprintec, I woke up super nauseated in the middle of the night, but that was it. The first week I was slightly nauseated throughout the day but taking it at night with food helped and I don’t get nauseated anymore. Upon taking the pill sometimes I do get slightly bloated for a little bit but it goes away. I had crippling anxiety on the other two pills but have found this pill doesn’t give me that at all. I was dealing with post-birth-control acne on my forehead and tri-lo-sprinted cleared it right up within the first week. These reviews scared me half to death but I’m glad I tried it!"

Content (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2019

For Birth Control "Tri-lo-sprintec is an effective birth control, but awful side effects. Just like many reviewers, I have been on Ortho tricyclen lo and subsequently Trinessa lo for years... And loved it. Both are manufactured by Janssen and both have been discontinued. So I was defaulted to Tri-Lo-Sprintec. I hate this drug. It should not be considered an equivalent to the Janssen brands. I have been dealing with acne, weight gain, and zero libido. I gave it 3 months, and do not see improvement. I'm hoping there is a better alternative to the Janssen brand after speaking with my doctor. Good luck, gals!"

SUZQ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I had used the shot and the implant. After a 2 year hiatus I wanted to try the pill. This pill has increased my appetite. I would starve (off the pill) from stress. I had nausea the first few days but had it off the pill too. My stubborn cystic acne reduced. I felt some anxiety the first few days but nothing new. My bra size went up. I get headaches sometimes but its probably my caffeine dependency. I got asked if I lost weight I’ve had worse side effects off other medicines and vitamins and stress than right now. The only reason I’m not rating higher is ‘cause I’m used to “heavy duty” birth control. Those methods feel brutal but I had peace of mind knowing there’d be no need to get an abortion. That’s why I can’t give it a 9 or 10. It may be right for some women’s bodies. I mean I’m super sensitive to side effects but I’ve been normal. So try it for a week and stop if it’s bad, don’t stick with it."

dee March 10, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Trinessa Lo since 2016 and loved it! However in December 2018 I was switched to Tri-Lo-Sprintec since trinessa is sadly being discontinued. I HATE THIS PILL. It is now Feb 2019 and I started randomly spotting and abnormally bleeding 2 weeks before my period and now I’m still spotting the week after. I have a significantly decreased sex drive as well. I would not recommend this pill! I'm going to get it changed ASAP"

sky (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

For Birth Control "On day 6 of this birth control after using Trinessa or the past few years and thos Tri-Lo-Sprintec is awful.... I have been nauseous every day. I've had a spike in anxiety and cannot sleep well as I feel anxious all night as it feels my heart rate will not slow like it should. My appetite has diminished and I believe I've lost a few pounds. I will be calling my primary tomorrow to switch off of this. I was prescribed Trinessa anyway so I don't know why pharmacy would give me this without my consent for the switch or at least an explanation as to why and then they refuse to take it back. This should not be permitted. Do not take this pill. It has wrecked me and made it difficult for me to function normally."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I was hesitant to try Tri-Lo Sprintec after hearing its bad reviews. I had switched from pill to pill, trying to find the best one. I was using the pill to treat bad cramps and horrible acne. First I was on Falmina (a generic of Aviane), which made me break out even more. Then I switched to Nikki, a generic of Yaz. It helped with skin but made me severely depressed so I switched to Tri-Lo Sprintec... and never looked back. I’ve had fantastic skin ever since (even better than on Yaz!), haven’t gained any weight, and haven’t had any bad PMS or hormonal mood changes. I haven’t exhibited signs of depression as a result of the pill. I had minor headaches in the beginning but they did not last long and don’t happen anymore. I absolutely love this pill. It’s improved my sex drive, mood, and skin substantially, and I am so thankful—I feel better on this pill than any other! LOVE THIS! Don’t listen to every single review—give it a try, it might be right for your body."

kat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 4, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Starting cycle early, then go off period for a day come back on full force."

Anonymous March 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I was previously on trinessa-lo which was amazing BTW for two years and my insurance switched me to this hideous pill tri-lo-sprintec or whatever due to my previous brand being discontinued. I'm currently on day 12 and man, I've never been so nauseous! Especially at night!!! I rarely eat, I've lost 7 pounds already (woo freakin hoo) but this nausea is no joke specifically with meats. But other than that no other issues. I'm going to finish this pack and see how it goes but if nothing changes, I'm gonna stop completely and seek other options."

mandypandy (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2019

For Birth Control "So I was prescibed Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and they gave me Tri Nessa Lo which I've always done great on. Was on for 2 years now the pharmacy switched me to this Tri Sprintec Lo because my other was discontinued. I'm almost half way in this pack and I am having terrible mood swings even the slightest has set me off. On top of that I had stopped my period after being on the non active pills for the Trinessa well when I first started in this pack or Tri Sprintec Lo and 2 days later I started bleeding bright red blood. I hate this pill but cannot get in to see my obgyn. I just want to feel normal again and on top of that I've had a non stop headache. They are not the same as tri nessa -ortho tri cyclen lo. I would not recommend these to my worst enemy!"

Marie0321 February 22, 2019

For Birth Control "Terrible. Woke up every month throwing up and felt absolutely terrible. Made me totally sick."

V February 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve used birth control since I was 14, now am almost 19 and my primary use is cycle regulation with acne control. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for a while and loved it before my pharmacy randomly switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec. I was scared at first and although it kept up with what I wanted from the pill to begin with, It’s been around a year or two on this generic pill and I HATE it. I gained 40lbs, I have severe anxiety, I’m depressed, moody, and I eat almost everything in sight ever since I was put onto this pill. Just recently I’ve been spotting in between cycles as well, and I’m wondering if the weight gain from this pill has made it less effective since it’s just the Lo version. Definitely talking to my gyno or PCP about alternative birth control methods next visit. If your pharmacy attempts to put you on this pill and you have the ability to switch, DO IT. I just want to be me again."

aclahayr (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2019

For Birth Control "I was taking Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for about 5 years and loved it until I got switched to Trinessa Lo due to having to pay cash for it. I was nervous but fortunately the transition was unnoticeable and I continued to take it for 5 years. In December 2018, my pharmacy switched me yet again to Tri lo Sprintec and I did not know until I got home and couldn’t return the 3 months supply. Let’s just say, I was right to be nervous about the switch...I HATE IT !! It’s been 2 months and I have been eating everything in sight which in turns makes me feel bloated all the time. I’ve never experienced such crazy mood swings, I feel depressed and not like myself at all. I was hoping to just suffer through the 3 months and then try and find Trinessa Lo again. After looking around the Internet, I just found out it’s been discontinued. Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo too !!! Now I don’t know what to do because I’m afraid to try another BC and risk having worse side effects than I right now"

Anonymous February 18, 2019

For Ovarian Cysts "I have been taking Tri Lo Sprintec for over 7 months. The reason I have kept taking it was because my last birth control pills gave me awful mood swings, depression and zero libido. I was crying almost everyday for no reason, snapping at my husband. This one is better but only just. After trying it out for these past months, I am talking to my doctor about stopping. I’m done settling. He says I need the pills to protect my ovary since I had one removed and I have no children yet. I’m also in my mid 20s. With Tri Lo Sprintec, my libido has gone up from zero to two but it is still affecting my marriage life. We’re frustrated and unhappy as I don’t feel like my normal self at all, even it there is slight improvement from the other pill I took before. I also have a severe sinus congestion that I didn’t previously have and I am tired of it all."

Moonlight (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Trinessa Lo then suddenly it got switched to Tri lo sprintec and I’ve been on it since December of 2018 now it’s February of 2019 and this pill has been HORRIBLE I haven’t been able to eat I’ve been having nausea so bad I was scared to eat I gag every time I eat or smelled food even food that I loved. Then these very very heavy painful headaches came and the headaches felt like someone was beating my head with a bat around my period they got worse to the point I took pain pills. The pain pills did not help at all. My body also just has been feeling so off I’ve barely had a period it was so light and it starts on different days every time. I Have really bad anxiety now to the point my hand will shake and my heartbeat gets higher so I felt like I was having anxiety attacks. I have not gotten off yet I’m waiting til my next period to come so I can get off I do not recommend this"

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I'm on day 5 of this medicine. Yesterday I cried literally all day and I'm so anxious (absolutely terrible, hard to function). I'm going to switch ASAP"

Kay February 9, 2019

For Birth Control "Do NOT get this pill. It was my first experience of taking a oral contraceptive and I began taking it for acne, cramps, and preventing pregnancy. it has not helped my cramps or shortening my period. Also it makes me throw up at least once a week, if not more, around 3 am. If I eat anything with sugar after 5 pm I’m guaranteed to throw up. It’s been 10 months taking this pill also. It has been effective as far as preventing pregnancy and clearing my face up for the most part but I do NOT recommend this medication. I’ll be switching to something else soon."

MM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I had been taking trinessa for years and I loved it! I suffer with adult hormonal acne and I found that medication to work wonders for my skin. Two months ago I was switched to Tri-Lo-Sprintec without any warning. Without altering my daily routine and diet (I’m pretty active and healthy) In just two months I have put on quite a bit of weight, I've lost so much hair and to make matters even worse, my acne flares have never been so horrific!! I’m experiencing giant cysts all over my chin, cheeks, and back, which are taking forever to heal! I have never been so disappointed in a medication before. It didn’t work for me at all! I stopped taking it in hopes of some relief to my breakouts and my skin started clearing up FINALLY within a week of being off! And in a week I am already losing the weight I gained. I wouldn’t recommend. I am wondering now should I been on the Tri-Sprintec (generic of Trinessa) not the Tri-Lo-Sprintec (generic of TriNessa Lo)"

Lo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I had been taking Trinessa for about 9 years until it was discontinued, and my doc switched me to this. I had a relatively easy time on Trinessa. However, switching hasn't made my skin or cramps any better, and instead has now saddled me with CONSTANT HEADACHES. I don't know if they're just 1 on/off migraine or what, but a deep heavy pain in the side of my head right around my period. I am at my wit's end and this is just my second month. Gonna ask my doc to take me off and give me an IUD asap. Anyway I think that Trinessa is the triphasic high dose oral contraceptive and the Dr swapped me to tri-lo-sprintec which is the triphasic low dose oral contraceptive. I think maybe I should have been swapped to the straight Tri-Sprintec? "

J (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve only been using this birth control for about a month, I switched from trinessa lo because it was being discontinued. I was a little shaky taking it after looking at reviews but I am so glad I did. It definitely has cleared up my face where I tend to get breakouts all over my face. It doesn’t give me necessarily any side effects other then maybe a little bloating and food cravings but I can control that. It doesn’t make me emotional or angry like my last birth control. Only reason I m not giving this a 10 is because it has only been three weeks"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019