User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
1.1

Summary of Tri-Lo-Sprintec reviews 4.5 98 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for about a year. It does a good job at avoiding pregnancy and preventing acne. However, about 6 months in I started to notice that I became severely depressed. I’ve been thinking really bad thoughts (self hate/self harm etc.) And lately I have been having extreme anxiety to the point where I can’t even function properly. I feel like I am going crazy because I can just be sitting down or doing anything and suddenly I start crying for no apparent reason. I’m constantly sad all the time and it’s extremely exhausting. I think I need to speak with my doctor to discuss getting off this birth control. I personally don’t believe the pros out weigh the cons."

Marie September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I couldn't help but write a review on this medication. STAY CLEAR OF IT if you are struggling with acne. I used birth control for pregnancy prevention and control of acne. I started this medication and my skin was the worst it has ever been in my life. I gave it 5 months and I have cystic acne on my chin that is still clearing up. Will never use this pill again and would not recommend it."

nicole (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "My insurance switched me from Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo to Tri-Lo-Sprintec. I wasn't a happy camper that they did this, I was told its basically the same thing. Little did I know those additives were not the same thing. I took Tri-lo-sprintec for 2 years, I developed anxiety and was depressed pretty much the entire time I was on this pill. I was having really depressed thoughts and felt like I was going crazy. I've never had a panic/anxiety attack until I started taking Tri-Lo-Sprintec. I've been off it since Jan 2018 and I don't have those depressed thoughts, my anxiety has immensely decreased and I haven't had a panic attack since. Do NOT let your doctor give you this stuff. I told my Gyno I ONLY want Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and no substitutes . Usually insurance companies will cover this product if your Doctor asked for strictly that item. Don't let your mental health decrease so insurance companies can save money. You're more important than that."

NYBlondie September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control while in high school as a normal contraceptive. After 3 months I began to notice a serious difference in my mood. For the first time in my life, I experienced anxiety so severe that I could not leave my house in fear of everything. I cried day and night over absolutely nothing. I was scared all the time and sad all the time. I immediately stopped the medication after I began to feel this side effect and it still took me 3-4 months for my hormones to balance out again. This experience was years ago, but I have been traumatized from it to say the least. I am writing this review to warn some of those who have anxiety and are worried about enhancing the severity of it. I do not suggest taking this birth control."

Kitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I used this as birth control for treating my acne. This isn't my first birth control and I was switched to this one because I didn't get a period with my previous birth control and it would cause severe mood swings. Before starting this birth control it had been years since I last had a vomiting spell, and the same month I started taking this I started vomiting. Once a month around my period I would throw up. It would happen out of nowhere to where I was scared to go out of my house for fear I would get sick and would not find a bathroom in time. Also, I never knew when my period would come, never around the week it was supposed to. Did not help tame mood swings. I would not recommend this birth control to anyone!"

disappointed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 4, 2018

For Birth Control "It is a GREAT and reliable birth control without any pregnancy scares. My doctor said it was supposed to lessen cramps and cramp pain and the duration of my period which did not happen for me. I have a very irregular period, to the point where it concerned me a bit, after a month I noticed it started to regulate a bit. It came on the day it was supposed to and I stopped having multiple periods in one month or not having one at all. As soon as I started taking the pill my skin freaked out and it has been 4 months and my skin still has not cleared up, like it said it would. So the only complaint is my skin freaking out and it still not clearing up after it said it would."

Keny (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this pill for two months. I got on this BC pill to regulate my cycles. I was having two cycle every month. So my doctor figured it would regulate them. And all this pill has seem to do is make them 10 times worst. I have THE ABSOLUTE WORST DEADLY CRAMPS!!!!! Not literally deadly but just imagine the cramps. Sometimes I’m at work and I just have to sit down because it hurts so bad. One time I fell to my knees it hurted so badly. Not to mention I still have 2 cycles every month. Nothing has changed with the regulating the cycle! I always had anxiety but it’s way worst now. My sex drive has gone out the window literally!! I have no desire to have sex. And I get THE WORST headaches..And I hardly ever have an appetite.. My experience was the worst but I would never tell anyone not to try it. Because everyone’s body is different and it may work for you so good luck!!!"

Schelly (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2018

For Birth Control "This medicine worked amazing from the start. I was on Norgee since I was 15 and absolutely no problems, and then when I turned 17, my pharmacist discontinued ordering norgee tablets and they gave me tri lo sprintec. I was worried because I was comfortable on norgee so I went to every single CVS and they stated they all don't have it so I had to start taking it. ABSOLUTELY no change whatsoever! My skin was still good, periods were fine and regular, and I was doing good. Now I am 18 and I've started breaking out badly from this birth control, it seems like its all coming back. I have bad headaches and my acne is pretty bad. It's sad because I truly wanted to stay with this birth control but it sucks and the good things didn't last. I am now about to start Tri sprintec because my doctor stated I might just need a higher dose for the acne. lets see how that goes..."

shanna (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2018

For Birth Control "GOD THIS BIRTH CONTROL IS AWESOME. As my first birth control pill ever, I can say this pill has been super good to me. Much lighter periods and no cramping. No pregnancy scares. No more acne except for the occasional pimple. My sex drive hasn’t changed. No nausea or headaches. I’ve been on it since the beginning of January and I’m more than happy with my experience so far. :))) Don’t listen to all the bad reviews!! It may work phenomenally for you."

Mimi (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve seen a lot of bad reviews for Tri-Lo-Sprintec but honestly I got so lucky with this being my first bc pill. I have no major side effects of depression, weight gain, anxiety etc. the only thing would be a slight decrease in sex drive but that’s about it! It has worked really well for me and I have little to no complaints!"

First BC (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Tri lo Sprintec for over a year now and at first it was fine, here and there I would get a little mad and emotional but that subsided, but then as time went on I was so overly mean and irritable. Also up until this month I have had debilitating panic attacks and anxiety to the point I feel like I ’m going insane and yet there is nothing wrong. I’ve always had anxiety issues but not this bad. I will be getting off this pill. Has anyone ever felt this side effect randomly after a year or so of being on it ?"

Joele (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Wow I am so thankful I heard they had changed the formula a couple years back! My first day, I had major headaches but the severe cramping from my last BC subsided so I was already pleased. My mood was noticeably more at peace and after several days, I felt way more self-confident! I did get tired and had more body aches the first week because it kick-started my period but I had light bleeding and zero cramping! This BC seems to be great so far. I also feel my boobs swelling meaning...perhaps my measly little A-cup will look bigger soon? No matter though, my boyfriend is so happy my moods have stabilized! I say anyone struggling with minor anxiety, mood swings or depression should try this out."

erin m. (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for three weeks, I just took the last colored pill. I had started bleeding a couple days early then realized I forgot my pill the night before. But other than that I've had no side effects. I'll be sure to report if I do. Thanks for all the great reviews ladies I hope everybody finds something that works well for them. And Happy Mother's Day to the moms."

Mom2SnR (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Birth Control "The first month I was on this birth control it wasn't too bad, other than some nausea because I was adjusting to the birth control. I just finished my third month on it and the past two months have been terrible. I have anxiety almost every day and I can't even remember the last time I got decent sleep. My periods have been the worst I've ever experienced (and I'm irregular when not on birth control- so when I do get a period, it's bad). The cramping is unimaginable and I pretty much can't sleep at all in the days leading up to and during my period. As soon as I finish this pack, my doctor wants me to stop"

Lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I was very nervous to take this birth control because I was reading all these horrible reviews and it was my first time on birth control. I'm on my second month of the pills and I'm doing great. Shorter and superrrrrr lighter periods. I used to have 2 days of full on period and now I only have one, barely! My skin looks amazing. The only thing I will agree with is that it does give you a strong headache, but nothing a good nap will fix. No mood swings or increase appetite. I'm going to be using this pills for very long! :)"

Elizabeth (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched to this pill because the old birth control pills gave me chronic migraines. My doctor said he was prescribing me Ortho TriCyclen Lo but when I went to the pharmacy to pick it up they gave me this. I've only been taking it for a month, which isn't long, but the side effects are pretty bad. At first my skin looked great but after 2 weeks I broke out all over my face. Also my period got much heavier and has lasted for 4 weeks. It's pretty unpleasant to be bleeding for a month straight. The only positive is that it isn't giving me headaches and I haven't gained any weight so far. If you think you can handle a month of unpleasant side effects before your body gets accustomed then it's worth a try."

Rachel Wr January 8, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control worked well for me with minimal side effects. It did not give me acne and my periods were short and light with minimal cramping. No hair loss, loss of sex drive, or nausea. My only symptoms were constant bloating, weight gain (15lbs in 7 months), and a constant insatiable appetite. I can say that it helped stabilize my mood, I experienced no major mood swings or outbursts. My insurance recently switched me to tri lo marzia and while I’m enjoying this pill, (weight loss, less of an appetite, no bloating), it is causing some major mood changes. I know there is a pill out there for me but I don’t think either of these are it. If your pharmacy tells you these medications are the same, don’t listen."

CBottt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2017

For Birth Control "Like plenty of the ladies on this thread, I went to my Gyn for Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo--and my Doctor informed me this was the same, never said it was a different type of pill and like a moron I believed him. I began taking this pill in March 2017--it's now 11/28/17 and ladies let me tell you a story, I have had to go on Provera 2x to stop the excessive bleeding. So now, I am changing my Gyn to someone better and will likely need to go back on Provera to stop my period and go on something entirely new. I didn't even think about the damn headaches until I read through the comments because I too have had them, I've also had a low sex drive despite my husband & I always doing it, but my desire is not there. I have been very moody too. Issa No!"

LimeLizzy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been sensitive to several birth control pills, including tri lo Marzia which is supposed to be the same thing. On that one I bled for 3 weeks straight in the middle of a pack. This one has worked wonderfully for me and I have had no issues with acne or mood swings like I have with others. I do think every birth control works differently for everyone, so never take what one person says positively or negatively from a review!"

Eeeeeeeeeeew (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2017

For Ovarian Cysts "For all of you who have just started taking the Tri-Lo Sprintec and don't notice any symptoms, just wait. I was switched from Ortho Tri-Cylcen Lo to Tri-Lo Sprintec in July of 2016. In May of 2017 I started getting insane headaches, to the point where I couldn't have any lights on in my office because I couldn't look at my computer screen for more. I also gained about 15 unwanted pounds over the past year. I did some research and decided to go back to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo to see if the symptoms would go away. They went away almost immediately. I don't recommend Tri- Lo Sprintec to anyone, but I do recommend Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. Yes, there is a cost but I have taken it for 10 years and have had no problems, I think it is worth the money."

Anonymous October 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on trinessa (my favorite), lo Lestrin Fe, now Tri Lo Sprintec. I have had bloody discharge for the past two weeks. I have had days of depression where I feel like I cannot move from my bed. I have literally given up on eating healthy, as soon as I got on this I do not care about anything I eat. Mentally, I'd say I'm not normal. I could sit on my bed and just start to cry. My boobs have grown....like a lot. Nausea usually kicks in at night before bed EVERY NIGHT. I have heart palpitations and I began to feel like I need to take a deep breath, when I try to I feel like I am suffocating and can't breathe. I understand I should be taking this for at least three months but hell no."

DORALm October 5, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control has no copay under my insurance and it works great for my needs."

Kkkkkkkkkb October 3, 2017

For Birth Control "Let me start off by saying, yes, the bad reviews scared me at first, too. So much in fact, that I feared to even use this birth control pill. I have been using this method for 3 months now, and in all honesty, its worked fine. Granted of course, the first week or two will be a bit rough for just about anyone. You're adding something new to your body, so you probably will feel sick, sleepy, headaches, my biggest problem was anxiety at first. But once your body has adjusted to the pills, it really has no consequences. Just make sure you read all the information, take it the same time every day, and give it a try! I understand everyone is different, but it doesn't hurt to try! It's worked fine, and has done its job great."

TsWasHere September 29, 2017

For Birth Control "Don't worry ladies, I'm one of the apparent few who don't have a bad experience! I feel fine, no acne, no weight gain, no nausea. So if you're thinking about it, just give it a try, it works different for everyone!"

Gigiiiiii September 26, 2017

For Birth Control "I don't even write reviews but I have to because this birth control is terrible. I would have panic attacks and was depressed for the first couple of weeks but it went away. But now I have been bleeding HEAVILY FOR A WHOKE MONTH. I've never had adnormal bleeding and it's just a terrible birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2017