User Reviews for Tri-Estarylla

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2.7
Summary of Tri-Estarylla reviews 4.4 33 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Estarylla

Ladybug · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “Literally I got pregnant right away taking this pill which was recommended by Pill Club(sadly). I was taking Sronyx before which unfortunately gave me a lot of breakouts and it made me very nauseous so I decided to give this a try and boom I'm pregnant . This pill did help me clear my skin but I noticed lack of sex drive and I noticed I seemed more bloated and gained weight a little in only a month ! Definitely I do not recommend this pill !!”

Angie November 1, 2019

For Birth Control: “Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo was discontinued, so tried this Tri-Estarylla. I kept giving it a chance thinking that my body needed to adjust. It got worse, terrible headaches that lasted all day, and everyday. Prior my health, acne, bleeding were all normal. Now, I was bleeding randomly, would get my period early and spot, terrible cramps along with heavy bleeding every other month. So heavy that I thought I was miscarrying. I didn’t realize why I was lacking motivation initially. I was bloated not only during my period but throughout the entire month. The last straw was the huge, painful pimples all over my face, near chin, jawline, cheeks, hairline, and small whiteheads on my back and chest that left scars. This was it, I couldn’t even stand to look in the mirror anymore without disgust. This shouldn’t be on the market. Truly the headaches alone kept me from living and enjoying my life. Get off this/don’t try, if your having similar symptoms, they probably won’t go away.”

Sierra · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2019

For Birth Control: “I hate this brand of pill so much- Tri-Estarylla! I've only used it because of The Pill Club. They switched me to this because it was a generic for Tri Sprintec but it was honestly the worst couple months of my life. This pill makes my sex drive absolutely disappear, which is really tough on my relationship. The only upside to it is that I didn't get pregnant with it (probably because I had no sex drive!!!!). It also makes me feel more depressed and fatigued than other brands.”

X · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 22, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on Tri-Estarylla for over a year. It was my first birth control. I am a high-testosterone person with high iron count as well. Before taking Tri-Estarylla I had issues with acne, (chest and cystic acne on my back and cheeks) fatigue, mood swings, body hair, and fluctuating weight. My periods were light, 4 days, and I never had cramps. After taking Tri-Estarylla, my acne cleared up and my facial and chest hair virtually disappeared. However my period became heavier, 7 days, and I experienced cramping. The biggest concern I had was that I gained 30 lbs in a year. Before BC I never had problems with losing weight when necessary but this post-BC weight is stubborn. Also, I experience intense anxiety episodes where I didn't before. I have more energy but no motivation. Birth control-wise, I've never had a pregnancy scare, despite the fact that I do get lazy with the timing of my medication, but that's on me. I just wanted to share my experiences with side effects. Best of luck to y'all!”

Ashley · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 19, 2019

For Birth Control: “Ive been on the Tri-Estarylla birth control for about 6 years now, and it has helped with my ovarian cysts, acne (paired with spironolactone) and the heaviness of my periods. The only downfall is that the level of hormones fluctuates week to week, so I do experience PMS, fatigue, period acne, and whatever else comes with a regular period. I’m so consistent taking it literally have always had unprotected sex, ejaculated in, and never been pregnant or had a scare. My body is so sensitive and this works great! Also I’m 21 so this has worked well for my teenage years.”

AnoNImous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 14, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was taking this pill on and off for irregular periods between the ages of 15-17 (I am 19 now and recently discovered I have PCOS). While it regulated my periods, man the side effects were awful! I was depressed to the point of feeling like I was in a dark dark hole, my anger was out of control, and I gained 40 pounds. There are much more effective pills with less side effects out there- glad i switched!”

BrassArt · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 8, 2019

For Birth Control: “These Tri-Estarylla are terrible birth control pills. I had to switch to these because my insurance changed and covered them and not my old ones. Within a year I gained 15 pounds, I look bloated and not like myself. I haven’t changed my diet or lifestyle in any way. I’ve also been suffering crippling anxiety. Just got off them 2 weeks ago and feel so much better. Beware of this one!!!! I regret ever getting on them without prior research.”

Alaskanchick · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2019

For Birth Control: “So I know everyone (including me) will end up scrolling down and be reading the comments. REMEMBER THAT EVERY WOMANS BODY IS DIFFERENT AND WILL HAVE AN DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE!! As for me, I’ve always had painful periods. And was irregular ever since I started. My cycles would range from 21-50 and I honestly thought I had a real issue and I wouldn’t be able to get it fixed. I’ve tried several natural remedies since I usually don’t like using chemicals and “man made” medicines. So for my experience, the first 3 months were terrible for me. Irregular spotting, acne breakouts (although my skin has always had acne) PMS and mood swings. I was getting frustrated with it and was even tempted to stop taking it. After the third month, everything seemed to fall in place. My periods were able to regulate itself. Although my periods will be just as painful time to time as I was before. But I found Tri-Estarylla birth control worth it. Also being my first one.”

Rae · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 22, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was on this pill for three years!! The first two were great!! It has completely helped my heavy ten day period turn into only three days. It was great for my acne as well!! I loved it for the longest time till about a year ago it stopped working as well. I would have my period two weeks early and it would be super heavy and last ten days again. My acne would be so bad that I would be embarrassed to go out. I never was depressed before but this past year I found myself being way more emotional than normal. This week I decided to take a chance and switch medicines so I am now onto a new journey”

Jojo · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “So I’m not one to write a review about medicine or anything really but I had to share this. I started this medication in May and before I started it I had FLAWLESS skin, I never ever broke out. As soon as I began taking it, I broke out with cysts. I continued to take it in hopes of my body will regulate to it. Nope, I was left with cystic acne all over my cheeks, to make matters worse I had my wedding in a few months. I was getting about 5 painful cysts a week on this birth control. I have been off of this medication and my skin cleared up. I payed a lot of money and many trips to the derm to finally make my skin look normal. I wouldn’t recommend, everyone’s skin is different but I had a HORRIBLE experience.”

Aschuy · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

For Birth Control: “This is the very first birth control I’ve ever taken and it’s been a month and a week. I haven’t really had any of the negative side effects everyone else seems to be having. The first couple weeks I was a mess emotionally and didn’t feel well, but once I got over that all seemed to be fine. I suffer from pretty bad anxiety and I’ve noticed after being on this pill I seem to be a lot more calm than I usually am. Everyone is different, so give it a shot!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2018

For Birth Control: “I have been on this pill and already found out I was pregnant literally. After being on another one for well over a year, CVS switch me over to this useless one. I have problems with spotting so my other brand was perfect for me and help clear up my skin. I been on this pill for not even two months I have two dark patches on my face next to my mouth and on my chin. Not only that I just found out I was pregnant when I been taking this damn pill the entire time. Just stay away from this pill period”

MissMoscato September 25, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've been taking Tri Estarylla for maybe 2 years now and I didn't seem to have any bad side effects until recently. To be fair, I can't say for sure that these symptoms are due to my birth control but I'm pretty sure they are. This year I started having the worst anxiety I've ever had in my life. Within these last few months I've noticed that my anxiety is mostly under control until about a week before my period. I've never really had PMS symptoms before, just very painful cramps and back pains during and a little cranky before. But now I'm an absolute wreck for about 4 straight days before my period. A crying, anxious, fragile, panicky mess. And it seems to be getting worse. It is unbearable and I feel like I am literally losing my mind. I know that I've had a difficult time getting Tri Estarylla the last couple of months because supposedly the manufacturer stopped making it. I don't know, I'm switching my birth control no matter what, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?”

Theresa · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “So , my Dr switched me to this from Ortho lo (which I never ever had an issue besides some minor sadness) as a couple months ago I bled for a month straight. She told me to try this BC because it’s the same dosage everyday. I have never been so riddled with anxiety and depression. I’m having emotional outbursts and I cannot fully rationalize why. I am a generally sensitive person but this is on another level. I’m going back to ortho lo or something else because honestly this put me in such a dark place.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've been on this for 6-7 months now. It's been working great for me. I haven't had any negative side effects at all. It's made my cycle more regular. My only complaint is that I wish it had shortened my period. I originally got on this for acne, but I really don't think it helped much with clearing up my skin. I still get breakouts sometimes around my period.”

Kate · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 9, 2018

For Acne: “For the first couple of months, I was so moody and irritable. It got so bad sometimes I almost gave up, but I stuck with it. My acne was not improving, but by the third month I really started to notice a difference. Five months later my acne is almost completely cleared up, and I don't suffer from the depression or anxiety I had before starting this pill and in the early stages. It also helped to regulate my periods which used to be all over the place.”

Autumn · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've been on this for a month, I took a break from birth control pills for a year as I was on Ortho Tri cycling for three years prior. These haven't been that bad. I hesitated to start these because of the reviews but so far it isn't that bad. I've had zero side effects except for sore breasts, like really sore breasts. This usually goes away after the first few weeks though so I'm not worried about it. One downside of these pills is that it kills your sex drive.”

Rae96 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2018

For Birth Control: “My experience with this drug has actually been pretty good. I did have mild acne breakouts and some bloating and water weight gain. These all went away pretty quickly, though. The only major side effect I've had is significant bleeding between periods. However, I had fewer and lighter cramps and no ovarian pain like I dealt with before, and no depression/mood swings or any of the other side effects that other users have experienced.”

DONT bother · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2018

For Birth Control: “I only took this medication for two weeks before it drove me so crazy I had to get off of it. It was my first ever birth control and within four days I was already exhausted, breaking out like CRAZY, experiencing bad cramping, and my depressive symptoms that I had been doing well with for months came back full force. My boyfriend thought I was having a breakdown, I was so emotional and moody. I had ZERO motivation to do anything and no attention span. Definitely not worth it. Do a different generic or a brand name.”

Caroline K · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2018

For Birth Control: “I recently switched to this pill about 4 weeks ago. It was fine until week 2 when I started to get super emotional about everything and get into horrible mood swings. After 4 weeks now, I have severe anxiety over everything, I am depressed for no reason, and I have constant negative thoughts. I am also constantly jittery and worried about everything and my headaches have gotten so much worse. Horrible, horrible, birth control. I would not recommend this to any women.”

lolachora October 14, 2017

For Birth Control: “I didn’t like this pill. I stayed on it a full 3 months but it made me crazy. The week before my period I became even more crazy, and depressed and anxious. Pretty much sad everyday. Then I started getting my period the last week of my active pill and acne all over my chin. Switched pills.”

KitKat1227 October 2, 2017

For Birth Control: “Was on this for two and a half weeks. I became an absolute emotional wreck. Also, I bled very heavy for two weeks straight. I ended up having to go the ER for this week. Became very light headed. Never experienced this before and will never take this again.”

KristinaMM August 29, 2017

For Birth Control: “Contrary to the negative reviews on this birth control, I actually had a pretty positive experience. I had great skin, my periods were very regulated and short, I had some weight gain (I am skinny and did want to gain weight, so if you don't want weight gain I wouldn't suggest this). I think I only experienced mood swings during the first few months of taking this. I also experienced some migraines but those only lasted 2-3 months as well. I was always bloated, but I'm not sure if that was due to the birth control or if it was just my diet. The only other thing I didn't like was that this gave me a very low sex drive. I usually had a higher sex drive the week of the sugar pills, so I assume this is because of the birth control.”

anon anon · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 25, 2017

For Birth Control: “I was on this birth control after trying several different ones. I wanted something to not make me gain weight and just protect me from pregnancy. On the placebo pills, I did have somewhat cramping and I continued to spot after a few days starting on the new pack of active pills which I did not like. Other than that, this is a great birth control.”

lexx1245 July 29, 2017

For Birth Control: “I'm generally not sensitive to medicine at all. I was on ortho tri-cyclen for about 6 years with no side effects. Due to insurance reasons, I was forced to take the generic, tri estarylla. Within a week, my mental health diminished. I felt constant anxiety, depression, paranoia and moodiness. I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what was different in my daily life but could not identify any other source of stress. So I decided to look up reviews for this horrendous pill. lo and behold, HUNDREDS of negative reviews with women reporting the same side effects. This is my second month on it, thinking the first month was a fluke. This drug should be taken off the market, period.”