User Reviews for Tri-Estarylla

Tri-Estarylla has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 49 ratings on Drugs.com. 24% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 59% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control
4.4
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
Acne
Summary of Tri-Estarylla reviews 4.0 49 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Estarylla

Red · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2021

For Birth Control: “My pharmacy automatically switched me to Tri-Estarylla after Tri-Prevefim wasn’t partnering with them, and it genuinely was the worst 3 weeks of 2020/2021 and that’s saying a lot. Although allegedly sharing the same ingredients as Tri-Prevefim, Estarylla made me legit crazy. From lack of sex drive and less lubrication to the most dramatic mood swings that only toddlers should have. Within a two hour period at one point: I was angry, too happy, too depressed, too giggly, too sad, too frustrated, and topped it off with crying the night away. I might as well get an Oscar for my performance. Jokes aside, please do not subject yourself to this misery.”

MaddieLez June 14, 2017

For Birth Control: “When reading reviews for this birth control I was a bit taken back from all of the negative comments and side effects that some women were having. I decided to just go ahead and give it a try, because yes it causes different women different symptoms. I haven't had a single complaint from this birth control. I have actually lost all of my usual food craving, which has caused me to lose a couple pounds, (which I needed). It hasn't caused me to have random mood swings or irregular bleeding either. I say to all of the women looking at these reviews, I say go ahead and give it a try because it does work different for everyone! You never know until you try.”

TracieG · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2021

For Birth Control: “I had been taking Tri Sprintec for the past 2 years then suddenly i started to get Tri Estrella don't know why. They seem to be the same medication but they are not. This medicine made me gain 10 pounds in 1 week, I had bad cramps and overall fatigued. I wish to have my Tri Sprintec back. Don't take this medicine from my experience it was horrible . I'm stuck with all this weight now.”

sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2021

For Birth Control: “This birth control is horrible. My last birth control was discontinued so they switched me to this. I got pregnant on this medication and when I had continued using it after pregnancy I had the worst depression and anxiety of my life and legit thought I was bipolar. I know everyone is different but I do not recommend this medication”

farmtrailsandcoffee November 18, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was on tri-Estarylla for 5 years and I LOVED IT! I was on it from when I was 18 till 23years old. I had new insurance and had to see a new doctor who wouldn't prescribe it to me anymore and made me try Nortel 7/7/7-- I got pregnant after the third pack of taking it correctly. With 5 years of tri-estarylla, it worked amazing as a birth control (preventing pregnancy), to keep my periods regular, and it cleared up my acne. It never messed with my depression or bipolar 2.! I can not go on it due to side effects of a different bc left me with but if I was able to I would in a heart beat! We all have different DNA and every pill will react differently to each of us. I am on Junel Fe now and have had no issues with that pill either and others have. I was put on Tri-Sprintec before Junel Fe and didn't do well with that pill and others liked it. So remember the only way you will know which pill is right for you is through medical recommendation based on history and trial and error.”

Natalie March 6, 2021

For Acne: “Started taking this for three months for acne. The first week caused horrible nausea, which was expected for the first week of taking the pill. Never had an anxiety issue in my life. This caused me nothing but anxiety for absolutely no reason. I would wake up feeling fine and the second I get to work everything would start crashing down, I wouldn't be able to walk down the hall without feeling like I was going to pass out. My mouth was dry all day no matter how much water I drank. That was another trigger for the anxiety, I felt dehydrated.”

Ashley · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 19, 2019

For Birth Control: “Ive been on the Tri-Estarylla birth control for about 6 years now, and it has helped with my ovarian cysts, acne (paired with spironolactone) and the heaviness of my periods. The only downfall is that the level of hormones fluctuates week to week, so I do experience PMS, fatigue, period acne, and whatever else comes with a regular period. I’m so consistent taking it literally have always had unprotected sex, ejaculated in, and never been pregnant or had a scare. My body is so sensitive and this works great! Also I’m 21 so this has worked well for my teenage years.”

Aschuy · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

For Birth Control: “This is the very first birth control I’ve ever taken and it’s been a month and a week. I haven’t really had any of the negative side effects everyone else seems to be having. The first couple weeks I was a mess emotionally and didn’t feel well, but once I got over that all seemed to be fine. I suffer from pretty bad anxiety and I’ve noticed after being on this pill I seem to be a lot more calm than I usually am. Everyone is different, so give it a shot!”

Autumn · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've been on this for a month, I took a break from birth control pills for a year as I was on Ortho Tri cycling for three years prior. These haven't been that bad. I hesitated to start these because of the reviews but so far it isn't that bad. I've had zero side effects except for sore breasts, like really sore breasts. This usually goes away after the first few weeks though so I'm not worried about it. One downside of these pills is that it kills your sex drive.”

MissMoscato September 25, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've been taking Tri Estarylla for maybe 2 years now and I didn't seem to have any bad side effects until recently. To be fair, I can't say for sure that these symptoms are due to my birth control but I'm pretty sure they are. This year I started having the worst anxiety I've ever had in my life. Within these last few months I've noticed that my anxiety is mostly under control until about a week before my period. I've never really had PMS symptoms before, just very painful cramps and back pains during and a little cranky before. But now I'm an absolute wreck for about 4 straight days before my period. A crying, anxious, fragile, panicky mess. And it seems to be getting worse. It is unbearable and I feel like I am literally losing my mind. I know that I've had a difficult time getting Tri Estarylla the last couple of months because supposedly the manufacturer stopped making it. I don't know, I'm switching my birth control no matter what, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?”

Sierra · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2019

For Birth Control: “I hate this brand of pill so much- Tri-Estarylla! I've only used it because of The Pill Club. They switched me to this because it was a generic for Tri Sprintec but it was honestly the worst couple months of my life. This pill makes my sex drive absolutely disappear, which is really tough on my relationship. The only upside to it is that I didn't get pregnant with it (probably because I had no sex drive!!!!). It also makes me feel more depressed and fatigued than other brands.”

Kate · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 9, 2018

For Acne: “For the first couple of months, I was so moody and irritable. It got so bad sometimes I almost gave up, but I stuck with it. My acne was not improving, but by the third month I really started to notice a difference. Five months later my acne is almost completely cleared up, and I don't suffer from the depression or anxiety I had before starting this pill and in the early stages. It also helped to regulate my periods which used to be all over the place.”

HereToHelp · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Stay away from Tri-Estarylla. This medication has made me feel awful!! I was unwillingly switched from Tri-previfem to Tri-estarylla. It’s only been a week and half and the side effects are horrendous. Up all night with bad cramps, back pain, dehydration, headaches, nausea, you name it. Stay away from this mess. Would not recommend this to anyone,”

Ladybug · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “Literally I got pregnant right away taking this pill which was recommended by Pill Club(sadly). I was taking Sronyx before which unfortunately gave me a lot of breakouts and it made me very nauseous so I decided to give this a try and boom I'm pregnant . This pill did help me clear my skin but I noticed lack of sex drive and I noticed I seemed more bloated and gained weight a little in only a month ! Definitely I do not recommend this pill !!”

Theresa · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “So , my Dr switched me to this from Ortho lo (which I never ever had an issue besides some minor sadness) as a couple months ago I bled for a month straight. She told me to try this BC because it’s the same dosage everyday. I have never been so riddled with anxiety and depression. I’m having emotional outbursts and I cannot fully rationalize why. I am a generally sensitive person but this is on another level. I’m going back to ortho lo or something else because honestly this put me in such a dark place.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 6, 2020

For Birth Control: “I KNOW THIS HAS A LOAD OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS, BUT YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT EVERYONES EXPERIENCE IS DIFFERENT! I was super nervous to take Tri-Estarylla because my body has always had negative reactions to every medication ever, so you should at least give this a try and don’t let the negative reviews scare you too much. I have been on this medication for a month now. I was prescribed by pill club to take it because my primary care physician was trying to put me on Nexplanon which I did not want to be on. The first 2 weeks that I was on Tri-Estarylla were really hard, constant nausea, threw up every single thing that I ate, mood swings, depression, every horrible thing you can think of. But these last 2 weeks though, I feel like I’m on no medication at all. I’m not throwing up anymore, I feel happier, everything has finally lightened up. I’ve tried loads of birth control but none of them only took 2 weeks to stop hurting me, so I would completely recommend this.”

lexx1245 July 29, 2017

For Birth Control: “I'm generally not sensitive to medicine at all. I was on ortho tri-cyclen for about 6 years with no side effects. Due to insurance reasons, I was forced to take the generic, tri estarylla. Within a week, my mental health diminished. I felt constant anxiety, depression, paranoia and moodiness. I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what was different in my daily life but could not identify any other source of stress. So I decided to look up reviews for this horrendous pill. lo and behold, HUNDREDS of negative reviews with women reporting the same side effects. This is my second month on it, thinking the first month was a fluke. This drug should be taken off the market, period.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2018

For Birth Control: “I have been on this pill and already found out I was pregnant literally. After being on another one for well over a year, CVS switch me over to this useless one. I have problems with spotting so my other brand was perfect for me and help clear up my skin. I been on this pill for not even two months I have two dark patches on my face next to my mouth and on my chin. Not only that I just found out I was pregnant when I been taking this damn pill the entire time. Just stay away from this pill period”

AnoNImous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 14, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was taking this pill on and off for irregular periods between the ages of 15-17 (I am 19 now and recently discovered I have PCOS). While it regulated my periods, man the side effects were awful! I was depressed to the point of feeling like I was in a dark dark hole, my anger was out of control, and I gained 40 pounds. There are much more effective pills with less side effects out there- glad i switched!”

X · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 22, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on Tri-Estarylla for over a year. It was my first birth control. I am a high-testosterone person with high iron count as well. Before taking Tri-Estarylla I had issues with acne, (chest and cystic acne on my back and cheeks) fatigue, mood swings, body hair, and fluctuating weight. My periods were light, 4 days, and I never had cramps. After taking Tri-Estarylla, my acne cleared up and my facial and chest hair virtually disappeared. However my period became heavier, 7 days, and I experienced cramping. The biggest concern I had was that I gained 30 lbs in a year. Before BC I never had problems with losing weight when necessary but this post-BC weight is stubborn. Also, I experience intense anxiety episodes where I didn't before. I have more energy but no motivation. Birth control-wise, I've never had a pregnancy scare, despite the fact that I do get lazy with the timing of my medication, but that's on me. I just wanted to share my experiences with side effects. Best of luck to y'all!”

Shayle · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2015

For Birth Control: “I was taking Tri-Previfm, and then without my permission CVS switched me to this, claiming it was the same exact thing. Well I'm not so sure. Since starting this I've had a bunch of symptoms I've never had on the other one like rapid heart rate, pins and needles headaches, and frequent infections. I never got pregnant and it regulated my periods. But other than that... This stuff is garbage. Not worth it.”

Rae · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 22, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was on this pill for three years!! The first two were great!! It has completely helped my heavy ten day period turn into only three days. It was great for my acne as well!! I loved it for the longest time till about a year ago it stopped working as well. I would have my period two weeks early and it would be super heavy and last ten days again. My acne would be so bad that I would be embarrassed to go out. I never was depressed before but this past year I found myself being way more emotional than normal. This week I decided to take a chance and switch medicines so I am now onto a new journey”

Caroline K · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2018

For Birth Control: “I recently switched to this pill about 4 weeks ago. It was fine until week 2 when I started to get super emotional about everything and get into horrible mood swings. After 4 weeks now, I have severe anxiety over everything, I am depressed for no reason, and I have constant negative thoughts. I am also constantly jittery and worried about everything and my headaches have gotten so much worse. Horrible, horrible, birth control. I would not recommend this to any women.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've been on this for 6-7 months now. It's been working great for me. I haven't had any negative side effects at all. It's made my cycle more regular. My only complaint is that I wish it had shortened my period. I originally got on this for acne, but I really don't think it helped much with clearing up my skin. I still get breakouts sometimes around my period.”

Angie November 1, 2019

For Birth Control: “Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo was discontinued, so tried this Tri-Estarylla. I kept giving it a chance thinking that my body needed to adjust. It got worse, terrible headaches that lasted all day, and everyday. Prior my health, acne, bleeding were all normal. Now, I was bleeding randomly, would get my period early and spot, terrible cramps along with heavy bleeding every other month. So heavy that I thought I was miscarrying. I didn’t realize why I was lacking motivation initially. I was bloated not only during my period but throughout the entire month. The last straw was the huge, painful pimples all over my face, near chin, jawline, cheeks, hairline, and small whiteheads on my back and chest that left scars. This was it, I couldn’t even stand to look in the mirror anymore without disgust. This shouldn’t be on the market. Truly the headaches alone kept me from living and enjoying my life. Get off this/don’t try, if your having similar symptoms, they probably won’t go away.”