User Reviews for Tri-Estarylla

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tri-Estarylla.

Birth Control
4.7

Acne
1.5

Summary of Tri-Estarylla reviews 3.1 13 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Estarylla

For Birth Control "I didn’t like this pill. I stayed on it a full 3 months but it made me crazy. The week before my period I became even more crazy, and depressed and anxious. Pretty much sad everyday. Then I started getting my period the last week of my active pill and acne all over my chin. Switched pills."

lolachora October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Was on this for two and a half weeks. I became an absolute emotional wreck. Also, I bled very heavy for two weeks straight. I ended up having to go the ER for this week. Became very light headed. Never experienced this before and will never take this again."

KitKat1227 October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Contrary to the negative reviews on this birth control, I actually had a pretty positive experience. I had great skin, my periods were very regulated and short, I had some weight gain (I am skinny and did want to gain weight, so if you don't want weight gain I wouldn't suggest this). I think I only experienced mood swings during the first few months of taking this. I also experienced some migraines but those only lasted 2-3 months as well. I was always bloated, but I'm not sure if that was due to the birth control or if it was just my diet. The only other thing I didn't like was that this gave me a very low sex drive. I usually had a higher sex drive the week of the sugar pills, so I assume this is because of the birth control."

KristinaMM August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control after trying several different ones. I wanted something to not make me gain weight and just protect me from pregnancy. On the placebo pills, I did have somewhat cramping and I continued to spot after a few days starting on the new pack of active pills which I did not like. Other than that, this is a great birth control."

anon anon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm generally not sensitive to medicine at all. I was on ortho tri-cyclen for about 6 years with no side effects. Due to insurance reasons, I was forced to take the generic, tri estarylla. Within a week, my mental health diminished. I felt constant anxiety, depression, paranoia and moodiness. I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what was different in my daily life but could not identify any other source of stress. So I decided to look up reviews for this horrendous pill. lo and behold, HUNDREDS of negative reviews with women reporting the same side effects. This is my second month on it, thinking the first month was a fluke. This drug should be taken off the market, period."

lexx1245 July 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When reading reviews for this birth control I was a bit taken back from all of the negative comments and side effects that some women were having. I decided to just go ahead and give it a try, because yes it causes different women different symptoms. I haven't had a single complaint from this birth control. I have actually lost all of my usual food craving, which has caused me to lose a couple pounds, (which I needed). It hasn't caused me to have random mood swings or irregular bleeding either. I say to all of the women looking at these reviews, I say go ahead and give it a try because it does work different for everyone! You never know until you try."

MaddieLez June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My pharmacy switched me to this medication and I never thought twice about it as I have been on several different BC pills with no side effects. I didn't realize my horrible medical conditions were a result of this medication until I missed starting a new pack 3 weeks ago and my problems almost immediately went away. For the last year and a half on the medication I had unbearable migraines all day, 7 days a week. I also experienced constant nausea and dry heaving to the point that I would have to pull off the road when driving to throw up. I would become so dizzy when I was nauseous that all I could do was lay on the bathroom floor. I became very depressed but can't say if it was due to the medication or being miserable everyday."

South shore (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My gyno put in a Ortho Tri Cyclen prescription for me at CVS and they gave me Tri-Estarylla instead. Fine. Ive taken Ortho Tri-Cylen Lo, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Trinessa and Tri-Sprintec and had no issues for adult acne. I took it for about a week and a half and it was AWFUL. The first week it was OK, but the second week...all hell broke loose. I do struggle with anxiety which does rear its ugly head now and again, but this was bad. Really, really bad. I went through a very rough patch at the beginning of 2016 with bad insomnia and rumination. Last week, it came back--mood swings, crying emotional outbursts, little sleep, rumination, etc. I stopped taking it and now feel normal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Absolutely HORRIBLE! My pharmacy switched me over from Tri-Pravafram, which was working very well for me. I was told this medication was "exactly the same" as the Tri-P...Lies. Within one week, I had had two acne cysts near my mouth. This never happened to me. Two weeks later, my entire face was covered in cysts and painful whiteheads..my forehead and chin/jawline took the worst beating. I didn't really connect the medication to my issue since the pharmacist had assured me this drug was identical to what I was on before until about 3 months later. I switched pharmacies, and got on Tri-Sprintec and everything cleared up within a month."

Gizmo22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been on this birth control for my acne. And my experience has been really bad. Within the first couple days my forehead has broken out terribly there's a ton of little bumps a crossed it. I usually never get pimples on my forehead. I started also breaking out around my mouth. I hardly get acne there maybe a little. My jaw breaks out really bad. This gave me major anxiety to be in public. I hate going out on dates Bc of my face. Although my face looks terrible it kinda helped clear up my shoulders and chest. It definitely made my chest break out more but slowly cleared up. But , my face being so bad I am now switching to the big guns of acne control. Can't wait to see those results."

Sisbug (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I noticed right away I was exausted, but didn't think anything of it. I have always been emotional so it didn't seem off that I randomly started crying. Once I hit 4 months I thought I burnt my tongue. Went to the doctor to make sure it was nothing like strep throat or anything. My tongue swelled to where I couldn't talk or eat, and it lasted about a week. Then this month the first week on the new pack I had the same problem. I know I haven't burnt my tongue as I have been too paranoid to eat anything hot. So I called the doctors office and was told it's odd, but it can happen.. so I will be picking up a new prescription today. Mean while I still have to wait for the swelling to go down."

Posionwildroses April 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for about two weeks. Since starting, I've had very increased anxiety, a dull headache every day in my temples, and restless sleep/resulting extreme fatigue. The medication has not had any impact on my very moderate acne. I have noticed some water retention/bloating as well. I'm going to finish the month out, but the side effects I've experienced so far are not at all worth continuing to take this. I am so tired on a daily basis that I can barely function, due to the inability to sleep soundly, even when taking a sleep aid."

MDeCampo February 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was taking Tri-Previfm, and then without my permission CVS switched me to this, claiming it was the same exact thing. Well I'm not so sure. Since starting this I've had a bunch of symptoms I've never had on the other one like rapid heart rate, pins and needles headaches, and frequent infections. I never got pregnant and it regulated my periods. But other than that... This stuff is garbage. Not worth it."

Shayle (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2015