User Reviews for Femynor

Birth Control
3.8

Summary of Femynor reviews 3.7 30 reviews

Reviews for Femynor

For Birth Control "The reviews with “1” rating are accurate. I’ve been taking birth control for a few years now. Never had a problem before. I’ve been taking femynor for now 2 months. I’ve had an irregular period since I was 14. I’ve been spotting non stop since I’ve started this one. I feel hungry nonstop. My moods swings are RIDICULOUS. I was noticing my emotions were intensifying. I felt depressed and it’s not me. I'm a happy spirit. If you’re experiencing this get off this PILL! Get a lower dosage. I caused a lot of arguments between my significant other & I while on this."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2019

For Birth Control "My doctor put me on Femynor after I spent almost 2 years trying to purge out Depo (the shot.) I have been on it for about 10 months now. Pros: I don’t bleed very much anymore. My cramping is not as bad as it was before. I have not gained weight from this pill. Cons: My period is so out of whack. I always start early, and never stop until a couple days into the new pack. Sometimes I start a week early, other times I start on the first week. It is not just break-through bleeding, I have normal bleeding and all of the other symptoms. I am moodier than normal. I am more fatigued than I usually am. It did not help my acne, but it also did not make it worse. I am gassy. The blood is very thick and is always full of dark clots. Also the blood is very dark and brown, which I have always had very light red blood without clots."

Emma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for over a year, and these reviews seem dramatic but everyone is different. For me, this pill is reliable and has cleared my acne, my moods are normal, nothing seems different than before. I feel like your body just takes time to adjust to medication. I see reviews saying they only took it for a week and felt bad, maybe you’re still adjusting or maybe your doctor prescribed you the wrong pill. Keep in mind everyone’s body is different"

KM (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about a year now. I’ve always had great skin and only minor breakouts but after a few months of taking this birth control I’ve developed cystic acne. I tried numerous cleansers and treatments and found them all ineffective. I finally went to my dermatologist and he said to immediately switch brands. My period is the same as when I wasn’t on birth control, not any shorter and still get cramps. I don’t think there’s a positive thing I can say about it."

C (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2019

For Birth Control "I’m 28 5’1 115lbs. CVS told me my usual oral contraceptive Sprintec had been discontinued. Pros: cleared my acne (purge for the first 2-3 months) cons: Gas, nausea, feeling hungry but every dish seems to make me nauseous, so I rarely eat much, but always feel hungry. Sometimes I’d sweat in my sleep (never had that happen before the pill) IRRITABILITY, MOOD SWINGS, 2 periods a month. When I skipped a pill and took double the next day, I ALWAYS end up arguing with a family member (Not like me) depression. Honestly after reading reviews and seeing how much side effects I have in common with other women just confirms I need to get off this pill ASAP. I didn’t understand all these changes. I had severe acne, So I know what it’s like to want to try anything to clear your skin. If you happen to end up here looking for acne reviews. I’d try something different if it’s solely for the purpose of clearing your skin. Some days while arguing I felt crazy, shouting/crying."

Sandy February 17, 2019

For Birth Control "Had been on sprintec and never had any side effects. Switched to CVS because local walmart was to far from my new address and they gave ;me Femynor which is another generic. Since I started this pill a month and 2 weeks ago, I've never stopped bleeding. Still I'm on period over for a month."

dqd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2019

For Birth Control "I got this pill bc they said it’s generic of ortho-cyclen. I was depressed first 2 weeks. Than depression was gone, my breats got bigger. I have been using this pill for 3 months. I gained 6 pounds but that because I might changed my diet. I don’t like it. My sex drive got lower never had that in pill before. Generic pills even though they are suppose to be the same - I don’t think they are the same. I honestly feel different I don’t care what doctors and pharmacist says, I know my body, I feel weird that’s why I’m changing this pill."

Bella (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

For Birth Control "I read other reviews on this when I got it and hoped I'd have a different experience I felt extremely emotional for 2 weeks. Have never bled this much unless I'm post partum after I give birth. Nothing but heavy clotting. I normally bleed 3 days on my period. Still bleeding at day 8 on this heavy. Causing headaches fatigue and I can't work like this. It's an awful birth control. My doc prescribed sprintec and this was the generic formula. My doc said keep taking it but I stopped 3 days ago as I was only 2 weeks into the pills and couldn't continue."

Horrible birth control (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a year now, and let me tell you. I'm not impressed, I was on estraylla, then got switched to this. My acne is so bad, my face is dry and red. It is not helping. I also get these burst of nausea, I can't stand the smell food or anything before my period. My period is still pretty heavy and I’m gaining a lot of weight on this pill. I will be switching after my doctors appointment."

Italianchick (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 10 months now. It works great for regulating period and clearing acne. My period usually lasts about 2-3 days, max 4 days. The only weird thing is that I get nauseous randomly. I would be very nauseous for 1-2 days and it goes away. Sometimes it's so bad that I cannot smell food or eat anything. There were days I would only eat apples and oranges because that's all I wanted to eat. Other than that, it works well!"

Savannah December 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this because I have been having horrible, unpredictable LONG, awful, HEAVY periods. I have to say, day 2 on these and it finally stopped! I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. I'm surprised and low-key kinda freaked out about all of these negative reviews. I have been pretty happy which isn't normal lol. I've been doing a popular low-carb diet which already makes you feel kinda nauseous and have occasional diarrhea so I'm not really sure if it's this or that. But, I just couldn't take those never ending periods anymore!!"

FLgirl (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2018

For Birth Control "CVS switched me from Estarylla to Femynor. It's the worst birth control I've ever taken. I have depression, anxiety, irritability, everything mentioned in other reviews happened to me as well. I have to fight CVS every month to give me Estarylla because I refuse to take this medication."

AK (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I honestly thought I was going through a mid life crisis but upon reading this reviews I finally understand why I have been acting the way that I am for the past couple of months. As soon as I was switched from Estarylla to this medication I had SEVERE anxiety until this day. I have never been one to be anxious but when I tell you I had the craziest anxiety ever, I did. I would get my period on the second week of active pills all the way through my sugar pills, mind you I was taking the pill at the same time everyday. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PILL. Also I gained like 10lbs"

Liz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Bleeding all the time, have had multiple yeast infections and bacterial infections, have massive blood clots. This birth control is awful. I tried to stick it out past 3 months but it doesn’t get better. I’m calling my doctor to switch."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2018

For Birth Control "My daughters pharmacy switched her to this when they were out of Esterella and she has been miserable for a week! Ended up in ER due to pain in kidneys, headaches, discharge, upset stomach, diarrhea - miserable!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control 12 days ago, the second day I took it I immediately felt sad, I thought it was just a normal passing ache of the heart... but it didn't stop. After a week and a half of minor depression I began to feel intense anxiety, today I reached a breaking point. I had the craziest panic attack where I kept switching from mania to crying, my body kept switching from cold to hot and I could not stop shivering. I felt hungry everyday no matter what and felt irritated often. You may not think this was enough time to feel these effects, but I'm telling you I did. Good Luck."

FEN (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill was AWFUL. I’ve never bled for 2 weeks and longer before I started taking this. It was SO annoying. My doctor switched my pills but I started in like September.. I’ll see how it goes.."

Terrible pill! (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm on femynour and I must say it the worst of all oral contraceptives I have used. Previously I would have my period for 3 days n since I started to take the pill I'm bleeding for 15day or more"

Susie October 4, 2018

For Birth Control "CVS switched me over to this a couple of months ago. Since then I have had my period most of the time despite taking it continuously and skipping the null week. I have lost weight but also lost my appetite and find myself woozy and exhausted most of the time. I don't consider myself protected while on this birth control, it seems like it's sugar pills to me."

Lisa (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on femynor about a month now and I’ve noticed my acne has gotten a lot better and I’ve gained about 5 pounds and my periods are much lighter now which I like. But the downside to this pill that I noticed about myself is I feel extremely irritable everyday and I’m usually not an angry person but everything seems to bother me. I am extremely emotional and depressed over everything now and I have no sex drive what so ever. I’m probably going to get off this soon because I don’t think I could handle the mood swings any longer but the good thing was it cleared up my acne."

Doll August 31, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control is great. My periods always have been super irregular but once I started this pill it has been on point. My first period while on the pill was horrible, I got to thinking that this is my body still getting used to the pill. I had the worst cramps I have felt in my life and really heavy bleeding but after that my periods have been normal. Only a week long. No weight gain or anything dramatic. I truly am thankful for this pill."

Shayla (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I was originally on estarylla but my pharmacy ran out so I was switched to femynor. I have been spotting for almost two weeks now, which is a side effect of the drug. The spotting happened two weeks after my period and still hasn’t stopped. Do not recommend."

Randi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I love this birth control. I've tried several different birth controls before and the side effects were HORRIBLE. I do have some side effects on this one but they are extremely mild (breast tenderness and some nausea). They are also getting better the longer I take it."

Kourt (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had a out of sync period my whole life. I took two other birth controls, and they did nothing to help me with my problem. I have been taking this one six months and I love it. I am finally in sync, the first 3 months were hard but it is worth it. No really bad side effects now, and no weight gain, which I appreciate."

Maria (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2018

For Birth Control "IF YOU TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL PILL STOP RIGHT NOW. My daughter almost died last week from blood clots in her lungs and legs. 100% attributed to this birth control pill. These manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves, knowing that this was a side effect of the drug."

Gigi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018