User Reviews for Femynor

Birth Control
4.5

Summary of Femynor reviews 4.4 38 reviews

Reviews for Femynor

For Birth Control "I've been taking Femynor for around 2 months as my first ever birth control pill. So far, the only side effects I've experienced are headaches and nausea. I take the pill every night before bed and as long as I eat a snack after taking it and drink some water, I do not experience any side effects. However, I skipped dinner one time and woke up with a headache and feeling very nauseous."

Jacky (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2019

For Birth Control "After reading reviews, I believe all my problems from the past year stem from this birth control Femynor. I originally went on Tri-Estrylla for severe cramps, back pain, and acne. It was great! My periods became noticeably less painful. My acne did not change. After maybe about 4 or 5 months of using it, my pharmacy changed me to this and my side effects started. First, I started losing a significant amount of weight for the first time in my life. Looking at food made me nauseous and I became incredibly less hungry. Sometimes I felt like I was going to puke the whole day and just never did. I’m continuing to lose weight and for the first time since elementary school, I’m under 100 lbs. I thought this may have been because of my depression and anxiety (which now I believe is caused by the birth control as well). I’ve always struggled with depression but it became so bad for no reason at all this past year. I have become a zombie. ALSO I have absolutely NO sex drive at all which sucks."

Here to help May 13, 2019

For Birth Control "I tried Femynor birth control after being on Estarylla for less than a year. It’s only been a month and I haven’t had any bad side effects! The only thing I noticed was the first few days I would get anxious out of nowhere but being on Estraylla gave me horrible anxiety so for me it was like it was getting out of my system. Hopefully I don’t have any bad side effects soon since I know it take about 3 months for your body to get used to birth control."

Skdhdb (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2019

For Birth Control "The Femynor pill makes me very sick and hungry every 5 seconds."

Jacky (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve tried Femynor pills for over 2 months now after being diagnosed with polycystic ovaries 2 months ago. My symptoms are, blackheads, acne, facial hair and hair in places I have ever had before, my period was absolutely ridiculous, I would never know where it can come, sometimes within 2 weeks, or maybe 90 days after, for being sexually active is a huge problem, and also I have cramps 24/7, they didn’t even let me stand up, also my period would last like 7 to 14 days, with abundant bleeding, I had to actually sleep with a plastic bag (lol) like a panty to prevent the blood to stain my bed, it was really bad. I searched all my symptoms online and I saw that it could be that , so I finally went to a Gynecologist, she send me this pills, which honestly I guess worked? But did not get away my side effects of polycystic ovaries (acne, excess hair) it just regulate my period and how much I bleed, but my acne still horrible so does my excess hair"

Latina April 13, 2019

For Birth Control "I am on week 2, month 2 of Femynor and I’m not sure where I stand. I started this birth control at a very stressful time so I’m not sure if the side effects are due to the drug or the stress or both. But the major side effect I’ve noticed is that I’m nearly almost nauseous. I thought that maybe I had the stomach bug but it’s on and off and without vomiting or other viral symptoms. Because of this I’ve lost a few pounds (which is fantastic) but I’m basically starving myself due to lack of appetite. I’ve also had a decreased sex drive (again could be the stress too). Aside from that, no other major side effects. My period was normal last month (though heavier than usual) and my acne hasn’t gotten better or worse and no significant mood swings. I know it takes 3 months to get used to a new birth control and hope by summer when things die down and I should be used to it, that I’ll feel better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2019

For Birth Control "Good"

Lala (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I can not sing the praises of Femynor birth control enough. No weight gain, mood swings were minimal the first few months. I went on Femynor to fix my hormonal acne about 7-8 months ago and it WORKED. No matter what I tried nothing worked for my acne and this did. Doctor told me I'd see l results in 6 months and my skin started clearing in 2. Now it's almost perfect rarely a break out besides some black heads which are way better then a face of white head breakouts. Only issue I've had is my cramps have been worse some months and my period has started early a few times and lasts a lot longer than it used to. Which if that's the only thing I deal with I'm still over the moon about this birth control. Recommend it to anyone with bad acne."

Ali (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2019

For Birth Control "The reviews with “1” rating are accurate. I’ve been taking birth control for a few years now. Never had a problem before. I’ve been taking femynor for now 2 months. I’ve had an irregular period since I was 14. I’ve been spotting non stop since I’ve started this one. I feel hungry nonstop. My moods swings are RIDICULOUS. I was noticing my emotions were intensifying. I felt depressed and it’s not me. I'm a happy spirit. If you’re experiencing this get off this PILL! Get a lower dosage. I caused a lot of arguments between my significant other & I while on this."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2019

For Birth Control "My doctor put me on Femynor after I spent almost 2 years trying to purge out Depo (the shot.) I have been on it for about 10 months now. Pros: I don’t bleed very much anymore. My cramping is not as bad as it was before. I have not gained weight from this pill. Cons: My period is so out of whack. I always start early, and never stop until a couple days into the new pack. Sometimes I start a week early, other times I start on the first week. It is not just break-through bleeding, I have normal bleeding and all of the other symptoms. I am moodier than normal. I am more fatigued than I usually am. It did not help my acne, but it also did not make it worse. I am gassy. The blood is very thick and is always full of dark clots. Also the blood is very dark and brown, which I have always had very light red blood without clots."

Emma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for over a year, and these reviews seem dramatic but everyone is different. For me, this pill is reliable and has cleared my acne, my moods are normal, nothing seems different than before. I feel like your body just takes time to adjust to medication. I see reviews saying they only took it for a week and felt bad, maybe you’re still adjusting or maybe your doctor prescribed you the wrong pill. Keep in mind everyone’s body is different"

KM (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about a year now. I’ve always had great skin and only minor breakouts but after a few months of taking this birth control I’ve developed cystic acne. I tried numerous cleansers and treatments and found them all ineffective. I finally went to my dermatologist and he said to immediately switch brands. My period is the same as when I wasn’t on birth control, not any shorter and still get cramps. I don’t think there’s a positive thing I can say about it."

C (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2019

For Birth Control "I’m 28 5’1 115lbs. CVS told me my usual oral contraceptive Sprintec had been discontinued. Pros: cleared my acne (purge for the first 2-3 months) cons: Gas, nausea, feeling hungry but every dish seems to make me nauseous, so I rarely eat much, but always feel hungry. Sometimes I’d sweat in my sleep (never had that happen before the pill) IRRITABILITY, MOOD SWINGS, 2 periods a month. When I skipped a pill and took double the next day, I ALWAYS end up arguing with a family member (Not like me) depression. Honestly after reading reviews and seeing how much side effects I have in common with other women just confirms I need to get off this pill ASAP. I didn’t understand all these changes. I had severe acne, So I know what it’s like to want to try anything to clear your skin. If you happen to end up here looking for acne reviews. I’d try something different if it’s solely for the purpose of clearing your skin. Some days while arguing I felt crazy, shouting/crying."

Sandy February 17, 2019

For Birth Control "Had been on sprintec and never had any side effects. Switched to CVS because local walmart was to far from my new address and they gave ;me Femynor which is another generic. Since I started this pill a month and 2 weeks ago, I've never stopped bleeding. Still I'm on period over for a month."

dqd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2019

For Birth Control "I got this pill bc they said it’s generic of ortho-cyclen. I was depressed first 2 weeks. Than depression was gone, my breats got bigger. I have been using this pill for 3 months. I gained 6 pounds but that because I might changed my diet. I don’t like it. My sex drive got lower never had that in pill before. Generic pills even though they are suppose to be the same - I don’t think they are the same. I honestly feel different I don’t care what doctors and pharmacist says, I know my body, I feel weird that’s why I’m changing this pill."

Bella (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

For Birth Control "I read other reviews on this when I got it and hoped I'd have a different experience I felt extremely emotional for 2 weeks. Have never bled this much unless I'm post partum after I give birth. Nothing but heavy clotting. I normally bleed 3 days on my period. Still bleeding at day 8 on this heavy. Causing headaches fatigue and I can't work like this. It's an awful birth control. My doc prescribed sprintec and this was the generic formula. My doc said keep taking it but I stopped 3 days ago as I was only 2 weeks into the pills and couldn't continue."

Horrible birth control (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a year now, and let me tell you. I'm not impressed, I was on estraylla, then got switched to this. My acne is so bad, my face is dry and red. It is not helping. I also get these burst of nausea, I can't stand the smell food or anything before my period. My period is still pretty heavy and I’m gaining a lot of weight on this pill. I will be switching after my doctors appointment."

Italianchick (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 10 months now. It works great for regulating period and clearing acne. My period usually lasts about 2-3 days, max 4 days. The only weird thing is that I get nauseous randomly. I would be very nauseous for 1-2 days and it goes away. Sometimes it's so bad that I cannot smell food or eat anything. There were days I would only eat apples and oranges because that's all I wanted to eat. Other than that, it works well!"

Savannah December 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this because I have been having horrible, unpredictable LONG, awful, HEAVY periods. I have to say, day 2 on these and it finally stopped! I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. I'm surprised and low-key kinda freaked out about all of these negative reviews. I have been pretty happy which isn't normal lol. I've been doing a popular low-carb diet which already makes you feel kinda nauseous and have occasional diarrhea so I'm not really sure if it's this or that. But, I just couldn't take those never ending periods anymore!!"

FLgirl (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2018

For Birth Control "CVS switched me from Estarylla to Femynor. It's the worst birth control I've ever taken. I have depression, anxiety, irritability, everything mentioned in other reviews happened to me as well. I have to fight CVS every month to give me Estarylla because I refuse to take this medication."

AK (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I honestly thought I was going through a mid life crisis but upon reading this reviews I finally understand why I have been acting the way that I am for the past couple of months. As soon as I was switched from Estarylla to this medication I had SEVERE anxiety until this day. I have never been one to be anxious but when I tell you I had the craziest anxiety ever, I did. I would get my period on the second week of active pills all the way through my sugar pills, mind you I was taking the pill at the same time everyday. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PILL. Also I gained like 10lbs"

Liz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Bleeding all the time, have had multiple yeast infections and bacterial infections, have massive blood clots. This birth control is awful. I tried to stick it out past 3 months but it doesn’t get better. I’m calling my doctor to switch."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2018

For Birth Control "My daughters pharmacy switched her to this when they were out of Esterella and she has been miserable for a week! Ended up in ER due to pain in kidneys, headaches, discharge, upset stomach, diarrhea - miserable!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control 12 days ago, the second day I took it I immediately felt sad, I thought it was just a normal passing ache of the heart... but it didn't stop. After a week and a half of minor depression I began to feel intense anxiety, today I reached a breaking point. I had the craziest panic attack where I kept switching from mania to crying, my body kept switching from cold to hot and I could not stop shivering. I felt hungry everyday no matter what and felt irritated often. You may not think this was enough time to feel these effects, but I'm telling you I did. Good Luck."

FEN (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill was AWFUL. I’ve never bled for 2 weeks and longer before I started taking this. It was SO annoying. My doctor switched my pills but I started in like September.. I’ll see how it goes.."

Terrible pill! (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018