User Reviews for Femynor

Birth Control 4.2

Reviews for Femynor

Jordy July 25, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've been on this Femynor birth control for about 2 years... it has made my so depressed right around my period I get suicidal thoughts. I haven't had any nausea or any problem eating. Just mental problems”

blueandpink · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2020

For Birth Control: “I really like Femynor birth control pill so far. I experienced pretty bad nausea for the first two days I took it but that went away. I’ve been on it for almost 3 months & haven’t had any serious side effects. The first week of taking it I was very emotional and cried at almost anything but that went away, I also experienced some headaches but that went away too. The second month I took it I didn’t experience any side effects, except it is clearing my acne which is awesome. Overall I would recommend it, I haven’t had many problems and it’s working well!”

Panda · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “The first week I took this Femynor pill I was nauseous, my jaw and face were sore with tension, my chest ached with the tightness of anxiety, and I began crying more. I'm old enough to know you have to give the symptoms time to work themselves out, so I continued taking it. I lasted 3 weeks on this pill before I called my doctor's office begging them to switch me. At that point I was officially and actively fighting depression, my jaw and face still hurt, I had daily hormone headaches, I felt helplessness and cried so much. I've switched to another pill and have been off this one about 3 days and already feel a little more emotionally and mentally stable and my jaw no longer hurts. If you have any personal history with depression or anxiety, I would not not not recommend this pill.”

Push pop · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been taking femynor for about a year now and it has not done justice for me. I see on here a lot of people gained weight but this was the opposite for me. Eating became a chore and impossible to keep food or even liquids down. Gagging was a regular for me almost every time I brushed my teeth I threw up. Also my acne has been out of control.”

Tony May 21, 2020

For Birth Control: “Just started using this pack and looked at side effects vagina itchiness and white discharge as well as breast enlargement which was listed in the uncommon side effects.. will return to pharmacy and try out another brand”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “When I first started taking this Femynor birth control pill I was nauseous every night, I had the worst cystic acne on my cheeks and chin, and my periods were super heavy and long. I’m now on the 5 month mark of taking this pill and I’ve lost 15 pounds, my skin is clear and I don’t feel nauseous anymore. My periods are heavy the first two days and after that they are super light and only last 5 days. I also never have spotting between periods. The key is to stay patient when taking this pill! The side effects were awful at first and I wanted to stop taking it but I’m glad I pushed through because out of the many birth control pills I’ve taken this has to be the best one.”

c-change · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this birth control for over a year now!! I would say I had a change in mood the first 4-5 months. Extremely anxious and I’d get nauseous!! I haven’t had any problems since. It hasn’t made me gain weight, no acne, my cramps are very minimal when I get my period! I’d recommend this birth control if you can handle the side effects the first couple months!”

Jasmine · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “This stuff made me throw up EVERY TIME I took a pill. I even took it at night to sleep through the nausea and in the morning I threw up every day. I used to take this in High School and knew about the nausea and expected it as I began this again. My fiance and I were going to try and start a family so I went off of it and started it again due to how crazy a time it is during COVID-19. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I DID NOT SEE THE CORRELATION BETWEEN MY CYSTIC ACNE AND FEYMNOR. My skin had FINALLY cleared up after struggling with cystic acne since my teen years. I started this and from day 2 I have woken up to new cystic acne every morning. This stuff makes me so emotional and moody, causes cystic acne and makes me so nauseous. I threw it out. The only good thing about it is I went up a cup size. DO NOT TAKE THIS.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 29, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on this birth control for 1 year now and I haven't had that many problems with it. The only thing that really bothers me is I get really bad boob pain for 2 weeks before my period and it does not go away till the day I get my period. Other than that I do not mind it, my periods are super regular and I do not have any cramps.”

B · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “When I first started this birth control I was throwing up every month that I started a new pack, it made me very nauseous the first few days and my breasts did increase a cup size. It wasn’t until about 6 months after until the side effects stopped. I use it to prevent pregnancy and it’s done it’s job (so far). I use to get acne every once in awhile but since I started it I RARELY get acne. I didn’t gain any weight on this medication either.”

Anon April 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “THIS DRUG RUINED MY LIFE!!! I took Femynor from March-October of last year because I went to a free clinic & they didn't prescribe me Lo Loestrin (I'd taken before with no problems) b/c it was "too expensive for the state!" I took the pills anyway beause I got in a relationship. On the Femynor I lost emotional control & had unbelievable mood swings. Nausea & bloating. Migraines. But the worst was weight gain: I gained 35 pounds in <4 MONTHS! I'd just lost 70 pounds & gotten to my goal weight: all my hard work, sacrifice, blood sweat & tears was GONE! And I was even taking Vyvanse (for my BED/ADHD)- but now Vyvanse doesn't even work for me because my hormones are SHOT- they're so messed up that I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism!!! It's April of the next year & no matter what I do I cannot lose this weight!! I can't wear any of my clothes that I worked so hard to wear! I've been so sad & depressed for almost a year! My life was ruined because of this terrible drug! DO NOT TAKE THIS!”

Em · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2020

For Birth Control: “This pill wasn’t as bad for me as for some people it seems. I’ve been using the pill for a little over 2 months and do sometimes wake up feeling a bit drained of energy but nothing that stops me from living my normal day to day life. I did start to get lots of acne on my back and chest at first but it is now clearing up nicely. Lastly, I have not noticed weight gain at all which is very nice since I was worried about that. Everyone has different experiences with birth control so don’t let any of these reviews scare you if you are starting it or are about to!”

Jane · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 13, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started my birth control journey when I was 17 at Planned Parenthood with the basic 1.0mg/0.2mg. Because I’m so forgetful and would often have to double dose on pills, I would become extremely nauseous and eventually I started to spot. It lasted for almost 4 months one time, so I went to the doctor and she recommended that I switch to a lower dosage (Femynor 0.25mg/0.035mg). It helped a lot! I lost weight (I was 127 and went down to 115), I no longer spotted, and I rarely ever feel nauseous anymore.”

H April 13, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was on TriNessa for years with short, 3 day periods, zero cramps or PMS symptoms other than a tiny bit moody. My doctor prescribed Tri-Estarylla as the replacement and I saw zero difference. Then, the pharmacy kept automatically refilling with Tri-Feymnor. For the first time in 15 years, I had cramps and stomach aches and my period was so so heavy, like a 14 year old! It also lasted a full week...no! The pharmacy INSISTS Tri-Estarylla and Tri-Femynor are exactly the same and I insist they are NOT. The pharmacist says Tri-Estarylla always gets replaced with Tri-Femynor by distributors and there is no way to override that, and there’s nothing they can do. So every 90 days I have to pick up my pills early so I can immediately give them back and have them manually order Tri-Estarylla and wait for it to come in. Luckily my doctor writes me a 90 day prescription. TL;DR Tri-Femynor is NOT THE SAME as Tri-Estarylla, no matter what they say. Tri-Femynor is TRASH.”

Risa · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 7, 2020

For Birth Control: “I haven't had any major problems with Femynor 28, HOWEVER, I think it caused my sex drive to decrease quite a bit. I've also tried skipping the placebo weeks in order to skip my period, and although it was successful, spotting was inevitable by the 2nd week of the new pill pack. If you don't care too much about sex drive and need to do something about your awful period cramps/irregular cycle, give this one a try. I don't hate it, but I'm sure my boyfriend does.”

Jill · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 20, 2020

For Birth Control: “Thankfully everyone else on here has been recently sharing a same experience as I have with Tri Femynor. I was on June fe before and everything was fine, but then my doctor switched me to Tri Femynor to help with acne and my acne has never been worse in my life. Been on the pill for 8 months now and I break out nearly every day. I also follow a strict diet and eat very clean because of my type 1 diabetes, but I randomly gained 15 pounds over the past couple months as well. I am definitely switching back to a lighter pill.”

BMS · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've been taking Femynor since giving birth 8 months ago. Despite being a very active person I managed to gain an additional 14 pounds post partum. I've been strictly dieting for 2 months now and have finally managed to lose those 14 pounds but I mean strict dieting. I've been spotting every month but this month I full on started my period a week early during active pills and without missing or taking a single pill late. It's got me so worried about an underlying health issue (due to unexpected bleeding) that I'm going to see my doctor in a few days. If no underlying issue is found I will assume it to be due to this birth control pill and will be switching. Gotta love insurance companies and their love relationship with generics, "only the best for our customers" right?!? I've been so stressed all week worried about this week early bleeding that its caused me so much lost sleep. Hoping to find answers at my appt.”

k February 24, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started on trinessa in high school and had never had acne before, that is when I developed some break outs occasionally. About a year ago I was switched to Tri femynor (thanks to my insurance dropping trinessa) and I have slowly developed feelings of anxiety/depression. I handle stress so much worse than ever before and my acne has sky rocketed. In the last 3 months it has been unbearable. Everyone is different and I believe the dosage between trinessa and tribal femynor is the same (both norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol) so I do not see why I would see this drastic changes. I have never had feelings of severe depression/anxiety before and I am definitely not easily worked up. Just wish I would have been able to talk to my doctor about it before the switch occurred or talk about other options. If your pharmacy is switching you out of the blue I would recommend sitting down with your doctor first so you feel most comfortable and informed about what is going into your body!”

Ollie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 18, 2020

For Birth Control: “I gained so much weight from this pill alone. I was taking Trinessa, before being put on Tri-Sprintec, slight weight gain but I stopped gaining and settled. Then they canceled Tri-Sprintec and I've been on Tri-Femynor for almost a year or so. I put on extra pounds and would crave a lot of food as if I was pregnant, crying spells and just a day ago, I got my Tri-Sprintec back and I can tell I'm starting to regulate my emotions and eating habits better. I mean it keeps you from becoming preggo but it's not worth the side effects in my honest opinion. I'm almost considering an IUD just because I'm tired of changing pills soooo much.”

Kenzie January 30, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been taking this pill Femynor for approximately a year. It started out okay, but a few months in my periods starting happening in the middle of the pack and lasting until the end. Also, the main reason my doctor recommended this pill to me, was to clear up my acne. I have not seen a difference - I still breakout A LOT every month right around the second week and my face doesn’t tend to clear up until after my period... just for it to happen all over again. I came on here to see if anyone else had similar side effects and was surprised to see how many comments there are on anxiety/depression. I have never been one to be super anxious/depressed, but this past year it has been so bad. I can’t confirm this is the sole reason, but it does seem a little suspicious. I stopped taking it this month to see how I feel - I’m getting sick of trying out different pills though, this must be my fifth try. Just remember every body is different!”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started using this about a month ago and I broke out in acne the worst i ever have in my life, had the worst period I've had in years, and the mood swings have been unbearable. As for the period: before the pill they usually last 6 days but I am on day 8 as I write this and my period started in the middle of my pill cycle. The blood clots have been ridiculous as well. It also made me gain about 7 lbs, I am a small person so I don’t entirely mind but this . other things include terrible head aches and constant fatigue.”

MissDecember · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2019

For Birth Control: “I went on this pill 2 weeks ago because my doctor said my other brand had been discontinued. I have been on birth control for 12 years and the brands have been discontinued a few times. I was on Tri-Sprintec, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, TriNessa and never had any problems every time they changed the brand. After 2 weeks of taking this I have felt completely sick to the point that I’m stopping the pill altogether. I have gotten TERRIBLE headaches everyday for the last 5 days and then realized it’s from this pill! My boobs are so sore I can’t even move or put my bra on without wanting to cry from the pain. My face is completely covered in acne and my face was perfectly clear before. I am nauseous and go from having no appetite to having ridiculous food cravings where I’ll eat everything in sight. Do NOT try this pill I am literally miserable while writing this, I should have been given Tri-Femynor not plain Femynor”

tavia · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on Sprintec for the longest time with no problems, when I went to get my refills they gave me a different brand. I told them this was not the medication I was on and requested Sprintec. It help with my period since before I had a breakthrough bleeding for about a month in a half. Since Sprintec I have a period every 2 months. I went to CVS to get my refill and they gave me "Femynor" I told the pharmacy AGAIN that this was not my medication. The pharmacy stated that Sprintec is discontinued and my doctor suggested this. I'm on day 3 and really feel like trash. First off I'm moody. I feel like bursting out in tears for no reason, then really mad that I feel like this for no reason. I have been throwing up like crazy. I ate noodles which sat well until my friend got the SAME noodles, as soon as I smelled it U started throwing up the noodles I just ate. I have a headache out of this world. I literally want to go home and sleep all day if I could. This is horrible!. This is some trash!!”

Emma · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

For Birth Control: “DO NOT RECOMMEND! I was on Sprintec-28 and it worked fantastic, but my Dr. put me on Femynor. I've been taken it for 2 months now and it has made me break out in acne a lot around my mouth. With sprintec my face became clear!”

Jay October 29, 2019

For Birth Control: “I didn't even realize everything I was experiencing was caused by the Femynor pill until I made a dr's appointment to discuss random changes in my body and remembered I started taking this pill 4 months ago. (Somewhere in between, I got mad at my bf and broke up with him - not sure if it's related.) It took about a month or two for it to regulate my period and it did a good job doing that. My period is now super short and the lightest it has ever been, BUT: I have terrible headaches, to the point of feeling weak and nauseas. I've been getting a pimple here and there, but I've never had acne in my life. I've also been super tired and lost all energy. And the worst part, crazy weight gain!!! I've always been very thin (used to try very hard to gain weight in my teenage years and early twenties), and suddenly my clothes doesn't fit and I'm visibly bigger, and that's with me making a conscious effort to eat less and count my calories. Also, absolutely no sex drive. Getting off of this asap!”