User Reviews for Falmina

Birth Control
4.5

Summary of Falmina reviews 4.7 52 reviews

Reviews for Falmina

For Birth Control "Okay so I definitely have found it to be good at what it does if you take the pill correctly but the thing is I found it to be awful for my mood. I find that I am always upset at something but the thing is my pharmacy gives me a different generic every month. But I’ve been taking birth control for over two years now and I cry a lot now because of it too. I wish there was a more effective way of birth control without having a shot or something going into me and has to be removed. I don’t think I can handle taking this medication because I’m either angry or depressed now and I can’t handle that. I finally got out of my depression when I turned 18 and now I’m 20 and back at it again."

bellaiz2cool (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I was taking this pill to prevent pregnancy and it has failed me! I was on Falmina for almost a year and a half, and occasionally I would get my period a day or two early. But otherwise worked like clockwork. I was extremely religious on taking the pill, set an alarm on my phone and never missed a pill. Well I am now 3 1/2 months pregnant with our third child. This came as a huge shock, like I said I took this pill correctly, and it flat out failed! I would highly avoid taking this form of birth control. Like most, I fully trusted my doctor to prescribe a birth control pill. I am by no means blaming him, but moving forward, I would highly recommend researching yourself which form of birth control pill to use. If I would of read the reviews, I would have gotten off of it! As from reading other reviews now, I am not the first to use this pill correctly and still get pregnant! Obviously, we are in baby mode and want nothing more than a happy, healthy baby."

MLN (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I was started out on falmina to regulate my period, but during the three months it hasn't done so very well. Meanwhile, the side affects are HORRIBLE. The nausea is seriously so terrible, I’m miserable and I barely eat throughout the day because I’m so nauseous, Not only do I feel the urge to puke 24/7, I have the worst mood swings that I’ve never had with other birth control pills. Half of the time I’m either really angry or balling my eyes out and starting stupid fights. It’s awful and while it does prevent pregnancy , I don't think the side affects are worth it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Honestly, I wanted to share this because I've had nothing but a positive experience taking Falmina. No pregnancy despite no other form of birth control, an extremely regular, light period, and literally no side effects. I have gained about 10 pounds, but I credit that more to my bad eating and lack of exercise. I know there are a ton of bad reviews, but don't be scared, I've had a great experience."

Happy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2018

For Birth Control "So I started Falmina about 2 and a half months ago and its worked well for the birth control side of things but the side effects emotionally are horrible. I've NEVER thought had depressive dark thoughts until recently on this pill. I take it at nite to avoid feeling sick through out the day but instead I am more depressed than I've ever been. I cry at every thing when before I would cry only once in a blue moon and I can't seem to find the motivation to get up and do my regularly easy day to day duties of a stay at home mom. It hasn't affected my libido, but the depression has. I had a panic attack about a week ago and started crying uncontrollably thinking about what was life about. This is not me, I lost my older sister 2 years ago and didn't think about suicide and wasn't this depressed. I'm going to the dr this week to get my medication switched to a different brand. It has been an extremely challenging past 2 or so months. Plus horrible nightmares every night"

Ag1234 June 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I will be extremely blunt with this review. Falmina did the job for birth control very well as I never had any babies and it did help me semi-get on a better period schedule, although I sometimes would start way early. I gained about ten lbs which is insane because I was a varsity athlete all through high school and I only used to gain muscle mass but the weight gain really happened almost over night. Lastly, this drug affects you mentally. I would act out and have insane mood swings and crazy panic attacks that didn’t really make sense with me and my depression/anxiety came back full steam. For example I took the pill as scheduled last night and I was crying hysterically and fighting with my boyfriend and saying things I didn’t mean. I don’t recommend it for birth control. I’ve got to try to regain myself back from that because it’s been traumatic."

Vlogginggirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I was only on this pill for 2 months before basically forcing my doctor to change my prescription. I was spotting for 2-3 weeks straight both months I was taking it and having horrible mood swings. For a while I thought I was depressed. They say birth control pills affect everyone differently but this one was awful for me."

Anonymous April 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I had severe cramps and leg pain to the point I had to sit in very hot baths and burn my skin to feel better. With Falmina the first year not bad, I was up and walking with as super mild cramp. BUT, I started losing hair, gaining weight, depression, Mood swings, and panic attacks. At year two I noticed I started to get pimples ( I'll get a pimple one every other 4 months, maybe) and my leg pain came back and I would get the pain before my period."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I got Falmina to help with my periods as I used to have awful cramps and mood swings that could murder you with a glance, I've been taking this for about 3 months now, the results are: My cramps no longer happen! I still get mood swings but now they're more crying instead of yelling and snapping at people. The rest of my side effects include my breasts being sore the week before my period, discharge, I both lose and gain weight it depends on what kind if day it wants to give me, I've been getting more black heads and a couple more pimples than usual. I have not used this birth control for sex yet (just want to wait just in case of pregnancy as I've heard multiple people have gotten pregnant with Falmina.)"

Delihlah (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I typically don't experience much weight gain with birth control, have regular and fairly light periods, and nice skin. Three weeks in, my general four day period is going on three weeks. My face feels rough, and I've gained nine lbs. OH MY LORD my boobs hurt and I've gained cup sizes. I'm also more emotional. Remember everyone's body is different... try is and see if it works. I myself will be looking for something new."

Penny2Cents (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have always had the most irregular periods since I first got mine in 7th grade, with rather heavy bleeding and the absolute worst cramps. I always just dealt with guessing when it would come and stuck it out, however the idea of birth control had always been in the back of my mind. Once I became sexually active however, is when I decided that it would be the best time to go on it. As for the actual birth control part, I never had any pregnancy scares (luckily), and the flow became lighter, and the cramps became more bearable. However once I started taking it, I have had the worst acne I have ever, specifically on my chin area. I just recently switched to a different brand due to it. I highly suggest avoiding this brand for that reason."

genny21 December 19, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control since I was 16, I am now 24. I switched to falmina about 5 months ago and immediately noticed an increase in acne. I never miss pills and got pregnant while on this pill. Highly recommend avoiding this drug."

Haze266 December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for a year. My pharmacy is now switching to Larissia, so I wanted to write a review before the switch. This pill was my first, so I have nothing to compare to. It works great as birth control, I have not gotten pregnant or had any scares-- libido unaffected. My periods are MUCH better-- I still get cramps, but it is 90% better than it used to be. I used to fill an over-night pad in 2-3 hours, now my periods are lighter and last 5 days rather than 10. The downsides are that I gained 15-20 lbs with no lifestyle change, and I am super moody, depressed, anxious, etc anymore."

km9174 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2017

For Birth Control "First I started off with Aviane and switched to Falmina which, from what I was told, is the generic brand. Honestly, I had the most trouble with Aviane. I would get nausea, very emotional, low sex drive and thick discharge. Never had any problems with spotting or irregular periods. Then when I started the Flamina, all basically was taken down a huge notch and the thick discharge went away. I like that I know the exact day I will start my period, it only lasts for about 4-5 days also very light, and usually I am not emotionally bothered. Occasionally I can be irrational and a bit of a cry baby, although, it wasn't as intense as when I was on Aviane. The only problem that I've had is my muscles can get very tender after work or exercise"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking luterra since 2014 then went to the generic brand avianne 28. Last month my pharmacy switch it to this brand. I haven't had acne since my teen years and this brand caused me to break out. The second side effect I experienced was if not every day then every other day I'd get very bad migraines. The only way I was able to connect my migraines to this brand of birth control was being on the 4th week/sugar pills. During this time I did not experience a migraine. I called my doctor told her my experience and found its when the pharmacy has run low on certain birth control. They use what's in stock and I called the pharmacy and told them of my experience. The pharmacy made a note and is able to divert that from happening to me again. "

Guitargirl11 September 7, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've only been on falmina for 3 months and I'm on the fence about it. I'm having abnormal periods. They last almost two weeks now. My period comes the last week of the active pills and will last almost all 14 days. Acne hasn't been that bad so far but the nausea is pretty terrible. Doctor said to give it at least 6 months so we will see."

Fedup420 September 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I had a terrible experience with Falmina. I moved to a new area where they didn't have the brand of birth control Aviane, so they switched me to Falmina. I had been taking Aviane for more than two years without any problem. Since starting Falmina, I've had terrible cystic acne all over my chin (I usually have clear skin). I've experienced terrible dryness and itchiness down there, and pain during sex with my husband. Emotionally, I'm usually very stable but I have been sluggish and feeling down since starting to take this medication. Since I put the pieces together I've decided to get off this medicine. I don't feel like myself at all!"

MGZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2017

For Birth Control "Works great for me. No side effects at all and it's been effective as well."

23degrees (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2017

For Birth Control "READ THIS PLEASE!! I was taking falmina for only one month, on my last week of almost being done with the first pack, I started getting panic attacks, depression, and anxiety. I would cry for anything and started getting so much nausea, I couldn't even eat at all only drink water !! It's the most horrible symptoms I have ever experienced with birth control. I couldn't even be around my kids. I read this site and stories and didn't think it will happen to me, because I tried different birth control and this never happened !!"

Leslie chu (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2017

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I've been using this for about 8 months my periods up until the 6th month were regular some didn't come until the 3rd or 4th day on the placebo pills but then they got lighter and lighter this month I haven't bled at all it makes me nervous but I've heard this is normal. Other than that I've had no other issues."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2017

For Birth Control "I was switched to this birth control and it was the absolute worst experience of my life. This pill had me in and out the hospital for 2 weeks. It started with headaches, depression then I started having numbness and tingling on my left side. I thought I was having a stroke. Felt as if a balloon was in my head. Dr's swore that I was on some type of street drug. I went from hospital to hospital for any one that could help me. I was at the point where I tried to commit suicide. Even now I still have side effects two yrs later. I've been on other pills before with no experience like this. The admitting hospital said it was absence seizures. But my OB believed me and knew what it was."

Crazy n GA July 22, 2017

For Birth Control "This is effective in terms of keeping me from getting pregnant. I was a little upset my pharmacy gave me something new without telling me, but I tried it anyways. My previous bc didn't make me lose weight or gain weight. Made it constant unless I worked out it. This new bc I've been taking for three months now made me gain back weight that took me a long time to lose. I'm pretty upset. It makes me act out and more depressed than I am on random times. I'm more upset about it making me gain weight. I also break out a little more than usual. I already have bad acne, but I noticed I get it more often now. Either than that. No baby. No other side effects I noticed. I will be asking my pharmacy to change my bc when I am done with my last one."

BXL July 1, 2017

For Birth Control "First, I have to say this birth control is very effective for what it is intended. My period is very regular; I always know the day it will come. After deciding with my then-boyfriend to have unprotected sex, it also never failed me. However, those are the only two good things I experienced. I was nauseous, anxious, and at times very depressed while on Falmina. Nausea was the worst symptom for me and heightened after drinking or not eating enough. At times, I'd be vomiting for hours straight. I can't be happier to be off this drug after what I've experienced."

J13 June 28, 2017

For Birth Control "I've literally had the worst experience with this pill. I had been taking another birth control that got replaced by my pharmacy with this pill, however this one had a lot of side effects I had never experienced. I started experiencing major headaches, getting acne, becoming extremely depression, no sex drive at all, increased anxiety, and I was just overall moody and irritated at everything. I wish they would've never switched me to this generic version of the drug because this is way worse. I have never experienced such a terrible medicine. I do not recommend it."

doglover27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm 19, and I started taking this pill because I was sick of passing out from painful cramps and I had started having sex with my boyfriend like 8 months before and I was always afraid I'd get pregnant. This pill is quite effective, my cramps have most certainly subsided and I feel safe and comfortable having sex with my boyfriend. There is just one problem though: I have become very hysterical in situations where I should usually be more calm and collected. Lately when I get in arguments with my boyfriend over very little/petty things that used to not bug me as much, I end up screaming and sobbing hysterically. Also, about a week ago I stubbed my finger and reacted as though I had been stabbed. I screamed and cried for 30 mins."

ovo/xo May 11, 2017