User Reviews for Falmina

Learn more about Falmina.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 169 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Endometriosis 1 reviews 167 medications

Birth Control 13 reviews 292 medications

3.7
Summary of Falmina reviews 16 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Falmina

For Birth Control "I HATE this Birth Control! I was on a different kind that my body finally adjusted to when all of a sudden the pharmacy I went to switched me to this without any warning. I was upset! They claimed that it has the same ingredients. I'm almost In my 3rd month of taking it and I get dizzy, weak, tired and nauseous. I hate it so much! I also feel irritated and a lot of anxiety. I never had these side affects. I will be getting off of this. It's horrible and makes life miserable."

Unko October 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for about 4 months. While I did not get pregnant, I got a side effect that I've never gotten with any other type of birth control. I got a condition called melasma or cholasma. It is just a hyperpigmentation of your skin. Mine is located on my forehead and upper lip. It is so horrible, I look like I have a mustache. I've been a few different birth controls for about 9 years and switched for various reasons but I have never experienced anything like this. My GYN told me this was not a listed side effect of this medication so she was surprised. But it happened to me so I just want to prevent it from happening to others. It's extremely embarrassing and takes months to go away."

Taylor24 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for a little over 3 months and this pill made my life hell! The only good thing about this pill is I didn't get pregnant, but this pill made me extremely depressed and very irritable. The last month I was on the pill I had my period for 3 weeks and it was still continuing when I switched to my new birth control, and the month before I had my period or 10 days. I would not recommend this birth control to anyone!"

Lizzy12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

For Endometriosis "PROS: What I love about Falmina: I have no cramps, no spotting between periods, no heavy bleeding. Only 3 days of very light bleeding. last day I only wear a pantie liner. CON: As I was reading AS36 experience, I thought I was reading my own. Gained about 20lbs in less than 6 months while taking the Falmina. From a size 2-4 to 6, bra size 34B to 38D (hubby loves it). I've become very anxious and depressed. I got so crazy and suicidal, I had to see a Psy. he put me on depression meds (which maybe contribute to my weight gain). I remember that I experienced the emotional/mental issues while taking Yaz, that's why I checked drugs.com. And bingo..."

Tilyse (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over 2 months now, and good news I have not got pregnant (me and my partner stopped using the withdrawl method and condoms). But that is the only thing I like about this pill. The first month I was on the pill I was fine I had no complications, but right after I started my second pack I got my first period and it lasted 10 days and it was heavy and crampy everyday. (usually it was only heavy and crampy the first day and usually it was only 5 days). I then started getting awful mood swings where i was angry and upset all the time. I am going to switch my pill the end of the 3 months."

Lizzyrose11 July 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched to this birth control after being on Larin Fe, which made me feel completely crazy. I have been on this pill for 6 months and I did really like it. I used to have extremely heavy periods with horrendous cramps and since going on this my periods are much lighter, shorter & typically no cramps at all. The only negative is that I have breast tenderness pretty much the entire month. It only ever stops during placebo week. Lately though I have felt extremely anxious & I hope this pill won't turn out like Larin Fe where I felt so crazy and anxious 24/7!! I haven't gotten pregnant on it either so that is a major plus."

Elizabeth Fran (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Beware of this birth control!! I've been on them for the past 3 months. They are effective as to preventing pregnancy, but the side effects were so not worth it. For the past 3 months I had absolutely no energy and no motivation. I fell into depression and actually went to a psychiatrist and was prescribed anti-depression/anti-anxiety meds!!! I had no idea that the birth control was causing all of these issues until I have done my research. I got off them immediately and already feel so much better. Not to mention, I gained 15 pounds (that was probably a combination of hormones and the fact I didn't feel motivated to actually exercise). There are many other birth control options on the market that are so much better. Pass on this one!!!"

AS36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I took this pill for 3 weeks, then entered the placebo week. It has caused MASSIVE hair loss for me. There is nothing to be done but wait for it to leave my bloodstream. I have long hair that is coming out in ropes and bunches. I would never recommend this to a friend. I am devistated with the results of the side effects."

Saddddmommy (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I spotted every day for the first two weeks on Falmina. And then it happened-I began to hemorrhage. This went on for 24 hours. Clots the size of golf balls began falling out of me every hour. I had to create makeshift diapers with my towels. I had to admit myself into express care early Saturday morning after a full night of no sleep due to such heavy bleeding. I have given birth and thought there was a lot of bleeding afterward. That was nothing compared to this. They gave me a pregnancy test in case it was a miscarriage, but it wasn't. It was just a nightmarish side effect of the birth control. They had to put me on something to stop the bleeding. It was a horrible experience and one I hope none of you has to endure."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking 3 packets, then getting a period (on purpose, because of possible endo). I usually bleed a little for a week or two during the second pack and will definitely bleed on the third. My doctor told me it would be great to not have to buy so many pads having less periods - hah! My biggest complaint aside from that is that the packet itself is confusing. The foil has distracting writing all over it. The part where the days are is WHITE on WHITE. I didn't think all this would bother me, I'd just keep going across taking the pills, but I've already messed up twice... If a company wants you to not get pregnant so you can keep taking their product, don't you think they'd improve the design?"

Ash____ April 3, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill did not work well with my body at all. Before my cramps were pretty bad and I had heavy bleeding for about 3/5 days of my period but I took Aleve and it made it bare-able. I've only taken this pill for about a week and I can already tell it is not helping with my cramps or bleeding in the slightest. It made my flow lighter but the cramps and the back pains were worst then when I was not on the pill. & my period would normally end in 5 days max and it's still going and does not appear to be ceasing anytime soon. I read the reviews and was like ok im gonna try it anyway.. but I clearly should have listened. My period was bad enough for 5 days imagine having it for longer with horrible back pains and cramps."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this for I think four months now? Before taking it I had a weird issue where I had spotting that lasted for months. By my first week on Falmina, the weird spotting went away. However, I started bleeding a few days before my first round of placebos, and then my first period on the pills was absolute hell. I missed classes due to excruciating cramps and uncontrollable bleeding. I used both NyQuil and Tylenol but still rolled with pain for the better part of a week. Despite that, every month since has been absolutely lovely. Since starting Falmina, my libido has risen considerably, which is nice for both me and my partner. On top of that, the pills have fixed the issue that I originally took them for. A (except the bad period)"

Dirkie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on this BC a month ago and I did not like it at all!! I was on Lutera and Sronyx for months and it worked perfectly for me. After being switched to Falmina I noticed I would wake up with dry eyes and a dry mouth and what was even worse was that my genital area itched like crazy!! I knew it had to be the BC pills because whenever I would take the placebo pills during my period the dryness went away and the itching stopped. I've been switched to Aubra and the itching is still there. I'm going to wait a while to see if the dryness continues. If it does I'm switching back to Lutera!!"

Anonymous October 8, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have been on this pill for 2 months. The first month was ok. I didn't feel any different beside slight water gain. My first period did not come until the 4th day on the placebo pill. The 2nd month I had nipple tenderness every single day, which sucks because it hurts when I work out. My period did not come until the 3rd day on the placebo pill. I would say it is a good contraceptive besides the nipple tenderness. I had no other side effects. I am most likely switching to a different contraceptive due to the nipple tenderness."

121105K (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Falmina for about 4 months now and at first I was severely hormonal. I went through a little depression period while on it and had anger outbursts but after the second pack they subsided. My periods before I was on it were very painful because of severe cramps. But Falmina has stopped the cramping and has made my periods very short. The thing I dont necessarily like is I have spotting around the 3rd row of the pill almost a week before I am supposed to get my period, which is annoying. My appetite has increased a bunch but good diet and exercise is a part of my daily life so I have actually lost weight on the pill. My boyfriend and I have been sexually active and don't use condoms or Use withdrawal method and I haven't gotten prego!"

Anonymous April 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Falmina birth control for about 8 months now and I love it. I have not got pregnant, and my cycles are much lighter, less cramps and shorter. My acne has cleared! I would most definitely recommend this birth control, only negative things I find annoying at times is breast tenderness."

Sw19st45 February 23, 2014