User Reviews for Falmina

Birth Control 4.8
Summary of Falmina reviews 5.0 70 reviews

Reviews for Falmina

Sarah May 22, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started taking this birth control to lessen my migraines and anxiety and I’m 100% better. I haven’t had any pregnancy scares thank gosh. I haven’t gained any weight. But my acne has gotten a little worse. I use to have pretty clear skin, now my skin feels more textured. Otherwise I love everything about this pill!”

MsInternet · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2020

For Premenstrual Syndrome: “I’m starting my 3rd month on this pill and am using it treat PMDD. I take the pills continuously, only the active ones. The first two weeks I had a few mood swings (nothing like PMDD, so manageable), chills, and nausea rarely. I used to get menstrual migraines every month and still do, but am hoping those go away as my body adjusts. I’ve been spotting for 2-3 weeks and hope that will go away too. Most importantly, I haven’t had PMDD in two months!! This is life changing and the side effects of spotting and one pimple here and there are 100% worth it to me.”

Pusheen · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 8, 2020

For Endometriosis: “I was prescribed this as a budget friendly (no insurance, with good rx you can get it for $14) birth control. I've been on it for around 7 months now, and so far I've had more good than bad. Its helped regulate and shorten my period, while also almost eliminating my cramps. Before I was on it I used to be bed bound for the first and last day of my period. I've lost a ton of weight on this pill, but mostly because it almost eliminated my appetite. The worst thing is the god awful hot flashes. Constantly through the day I have them and terrible night sweats that wake me up in the middle of the night, I'm in my early 20s and have never had this issue before. I deal with BPD and depression but haven't noticed a change in my stability like others have. All together I wouldn't recommend, but its also not the worst I've taken.”

A.01 March 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “My obgyn doctor prescribed Falmina to me due to my extremely heavy periods and ovarian cysts. I've been taking it 7 months now it's done nothing but cause extreme hair loss, depression and hasn't made my periods lighter. I'm incredibly irritable and have mood swings, constant night sweats, yeast infections ever since I've taken this !!! I absolutely hate this the only good things that's happened is no ovarian cysts and no weight gain. I'm done taking this. I'm switching over to another low dose birth control and hoping for the best. I'm anemic and this has made my hair even worse I'm even more depressed my hair use to be so thick and beautiful I have great genes I dunno what else to do. Good luck to yall.”

Ok February 24, 2020

For Birth Control: “My acne is the worst it has ever been due to this birth control, Falmina since I’ve started taking it my acne had progressively gotten worse and worse over time. This birth control was originally prescribed to help with acne prevention, but has proven itself otherwise.”

Kal December 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “On Falmina for about two years, stopped taking it after I missed a week due to my doctor failing to update my prescription, been off for two months. My acne was okay but it used to be pretty clear before I went on it. I'm sure other factors mixed in but I gained over 60 lbs over the course of the last couple years which was abnormal for me. Since going off of it, I've already begun to lose weight and I'm not exercising at all and eating about that same as I usually do. Since thanksgiving, I've lost 10 lbs which is fast for me which I didn't even notice till I happened to weigh myself a few days ago. As for my periods, they were short, like 4 days max, always landed on the Wednesday night/Thursday morning of the placebo week pills and ended Saturday night/sunday morning about 98% of the time. Super light most of the time and rarely any cramps and if I did, it was like once during my period for a few minutes and it wasn't ever so painful I couldnt move. I hope this helps someone.”

jay October 31, 2019

For Birth Control: “I hate this birth control Falmina! I was on Mirena before this and my periods were almost a month long while I was on that so my doctor changed me to Falmina to make my periods more regular and shorter. It did not work. It's my second month on it and my first month was the heaviest my period has ever been it was also almost a month long. On month 2 I didn't get my period till week 3 of the pills on the last pill for that week. Also my acne is out of control and my nipples and breast were so sore and painful for weeks! I will be switching back to mirena.”

S. Myers · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2019

For Birth Control: “I had the nexplanon implant for 3 years got it taken out and my Dr. Started me on the Falmina birth control. I've been taken it for two weeks now and its made me so sick, constantly throwing up. Chills. Sweats. Diarrhea. The works. I still haven't had my period either. I'm still on the fence about it”

kales99 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 15, 2019

For Birth Control: “When I came home from college my pharmacy didn’t carry Aubra and switched me to “generic” Falmina and I HATE it. It made me gain an incredible amount of weight. My periods are completely out of whack; some months it will come a week early, some will be a few days early, and others will be when it’s supposed to be. When I get my periods, I never know how heavy they are going to be and some months they still give me awful cramps. My breasts are tender for all weeks of the month other than the week right after the placebo pill. I get worried that I’m pregnant (which Falmina has been good at preventing) because my symptoms such as breast tenderness and random spotting between placebo bills are so bad. I get dizzy and nauseous, have had no motivation, have zero sex drive, and have been prescribed an anti-depressant medication since I’ve been on Falmina. I have been on Falmina for 9 months and will be switching.”

Mat · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Falmina 28 for 4 years with no issues, I started at using it at 15/16 and I’m now 19, graduated from high school with my first full time job. I haven’t had any pregnancy scares, cramping, etc, HOWEVER immediately following graduation nothing changed in my life except the fact that I now have TERRIBLE cystic acne. I wondered if anyone else had the same issues and have any suggestions for me.”

Ash June 27, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I had a D&C surgery done due to a miscarriage. I was in so much pain and was bleeding for 2.5 MONTHS after. The DR who did the surgery wasn’t my regular DR but someone who was available the date I needed & she claims everything went fine with the surgery. What confuses me is with this surgery you're only suppose to bleed a few days MAX 2 weeks & for me no it was a long 2.5 months of maybe 8 hour breaks here and there of no bleeding. Reminded of losing my baby and not to mention doing every day life, working, being a mom, etc with bleeding heavy with blood clots sometimes sizing in 4 in big and going to the bathroom all the time to change myself. Anyway I want to say Falmina has balanced my body out and feel great. Being on Falmina has balanced me out emotionally, stopped my bleeding completely from only a week of being on it and no break through bleeding, it started to actually clear up some of my acne on my face and overall has me feeling great.”

Stroked out · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 10, 2019

For Birth Control: “I took the Falmina pill to try ease myself into menopause. After taking only a month, I suffered a stroke that has disabled me for the rest of my life.”

Curliegirl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 26, 2019

For Birth Control: “Update to a previous review. I have been on this pill almost one year. Started off good and now I am having horrible side effects. I went from 2 day periods to 7 days, and spotting several days a month. My hair has fallen out and severe abdominal pains along with at least 2 migraines a month. Going to Ob gyn Tuesday for another option. May work well for some, I just don't do well on the pill.”

Koegel3 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “Falmina birth control works absolutely amazing very well to make sure you don't get pregnant . My period is only 4 days now. I have no mood changes or anything. Absolutely love my pills”

Annie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2019

For Birth Control: “I got a prescription for Aviane and received Falmina from my pharmacy. I was immediately worried because of the poor ratings online. Thankfully, I have had a great experience with Falmina. It has regulated my period (I get it on the same day down to the hour each month), helped my cramps, lessened my acne, and hasn't caused any weight gain/bloating. The only negative is that I have noticed I am a bit more emotional since starting Falmina. This is the first birth control I have been on, and I don't see any reason to change.”

keg62299 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 25, 2019

For Birth Control: “Prior to Falmina I was taking Aubra for birth control and I loved it. I never had irregular periods, mood swings, or weight gain. Since starting Falmina about 6 months ago, I’ve had extreme issues. My period comes days early nearly every month. I’ve had pregnancy scares because I will have breast pain to the point where they can’t even be touched and I’ll be extremely bloated 1-2 weeks before my period. I’m very irritable and cry over nearly everything, something that usually never happened. Also since beginning this brand, I’ve gained 10 pounds without changing any of my eating or exercise habits. Overall I’ll be talking to my OB/GYN about switching brands and I do not recommend.”

Cyster90 · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2019

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “This medicine is terrible. 3 weeks in I started having severe depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and hideous dark thoughts. I had zero history of mental illness prior and have never experienced any of this prior to taking this medication. If your doctor suggests it, ask for something else!”

Curliegirl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 23, 2018

For Birth Control: “My doctor prescribed me this pill after being a Depo provera user for 18 years due to issues with other forms of birth control. The first 2 months I had severe headaches from coming off the depo shots. My cycle isn't regular yet due to the depo use, however the bleeding I have had has only been a few days. By far the best experience I have had taking a pill.”

bellaiz2cool · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 7, 2018

For Birth Control: “Okay so I definitely have found it to be good at what it does if you take the pill correctly but the thing is I found it to be awful for my mood. I find that I am always upset at something but the thing is my pharmacy gives me a different generic every month. But I’ve been taking birth control for over two years now and I cry a lot now because of it too. I wish there was a more effective way of birth control without having a shot or something going into me and has to be removed. I don’t think I can handle taking this medication because I’m either angry or depressed now and I can’t handle that. I finally got out of my depression when I turned 18 and now I’m 20 and back at it again.”

MLN · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 26, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was taking this pill to prevent pregnancy and it has failed me! I was on Falmina for almost a year and a half, and occasionally I would get my period a day or two early. But otherwise worked like clockwork. I was extremely religious on taking the pill, set an alarm on my phone and never missed a pill. Well I am now 3 1/2 months pregnant with our third child. This came as a huge shock, like I said I took this pill correctly, and it flat out failed! I would highly avoid taking this form of birth control. Like most, I fully trusted my doctor to prescribe a birth control pill. I am by no means blaming him, but moving forward, I would highly recommend researching yourself which form of birth control pill to use. If I would of read the reviews, I would have gotten off of it! As from reading other reviews now, I am not the first to use this pill correctly and still get pregnant! Obviously, we are in baby mode and want nothing more than a happy, healthy baby.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 10, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was started out on falmina to regulate my period, but during the three months it hasn't done so very well. Meanwhile, the side affects are HORRIBLE. The nausea is seriously so terrible, I’m miserable and I barely eat throughout the day because I’m so nauseous, Not only do I feel the urge to puke 24/7, I have the worst mood swings that I’ve never had with other birth control pills. Half of the time I’m either really angry or balling my eyes out and starting stupid fights. It’s awful and while it does prevent pregnancy , I don't think the side affects are worth it.”

Happy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 10, 2018

For Birth Control: “Honestly, I wanted to share this because I've had nothing but a positive experience taking Falmina. No pregnancy despite no other form of birth control, an extremely regular, light period, and literally no side effects. I have gained about 10 pounds, but I credit that more to my bad eating and lack of exercise. I know there are a ton of bad reviews, but don't be scared, I've had a great experience.”

Ag1234 June 27, 2018

For Birth Control: “So I started Falmina about 2 and a half months ago and its worked well for the birth control side of things but the side effects emotionally are horrible. I've NEVER thought had depressive dark thoughts until recently on this pill. I take it at nite to avoid feeling sick through out the day but instead I am more depressed than I've ever been. I cry at every thing when before I would cry only once in a blue moon and I can't seem to find the motivation to get up and do my regularly easy day to day duties of a stay at home mom. It hasn't affected my libido, but the depression has. I had a panic attack about a week ago and started crying uncontrollably thinking about what was life about. This is not me, I lost my older sister 2 years ago and didn't think about suicide and wasn't this depressed. I'm going to the dr this week to get my medication switched to a different brand. It has been an extremely challenging past 2 or so months. Plus horrible nightmares every night”

Vlogginggirl · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 25, 2018

For Birth Control: “I will be extremely blunt with this review. Falmina did the job for birth control very well as I never had any babies and it did help me semi-get on a better period schedule, although I sometimes would start way early. I gained about ten lbs which is insane because I was a varsity athlete all through high school and I only used to gain muscle mass but the weight gain really happened almost over night. Lastly, this drug affects you mentally. I would act out and have insane mood swings and crazy panic attacks that didn’t really make sense with me and my depression/anxiety came back full steam. For example I took the pill as scheduled last night and I was crying hysterically and fighting with my boyfriend and saying things I didn’t mean. I don’t recommend it for birth control. I’ve got to try to regain myself back from that because it’s been traumatic.”

Anonymous April 8, 2018

For Birth Control: “I was only on this pill for 2 months before basically forcing my doctor to change my prescription. I was spotting for 2-3 weeks straight both months I was taking it and having horrible mood swings. For a while I thought I was depressed. They say birth control pills affect everyone differently but this one was awful for me.”