User Reviews for Camrese

Learn more about Camrese.

Birth Control 75 reviews 295 medications

5.2
Summary of Camrese reviews 75 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Camrese

For Birth Control "I'm 6 weeks into this pill. I have PMDD and treat it with other Medication but it makes me sad and depressed even with the other medication. The anxiety is through the roof. This pill makes me so tired. I also have horrible night sweats every night. I also can't sleep. The insomnia is awful. Headaches everyday. I have spent the last month trying to figure out what my deal was and its this awful pill. I thought I may of had another condition. The idea of 4 periods a year is amazing but this pill just isn't worth it. I am stopping this pill ASAP and hoping that everything returns to normal in a few days. Oh and the fact that I have completely lost my sex drive! Yeah that sucks too. I just want to sleep and not sweat at night."

EmiSue March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Camrese for 2+ years and I am very happy with it- I ask for this specific brand every time I refill and won't accept anything else. For me Camrese has not caused any weight gain whereas other extended cycle brands did cause weight gain, acne, and constant/heavy break through bleeding. I did have to be patient through the first several months for mild spotting to cease being an issue with Camrese. Understand that extending your cycle from the typical 28 days to nearly 90 days does take time for your body to get used to. As I adjusted to Camrese if mid-cycle spotting lasted for more than a day or two I would simply take a week off from the pills and allow myself to have a period before picking back up with the pills again."

J Trinity March 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was diagnosed with PMDD and it was severe. I dreaded my periods every month and there was always one day a month I literally couldn't function. Doctor's wanted to prescribe Mirena but for many reasons I am against IUDs. We tried so many birth controls and I had issues with all of them and they never put a dent in my PMDD. Thank goodness for my Dr . She explained to me what nobody else explained to me is that all birth controls are different in their levels of hormones, some have more estrogen, some have more progesterone and I think it's even more complex then that, anyways Camrese is supposedly as similar to Mirena that you can get in pill form. It's been like night and day for me. I feel amazing. Only complaint is cold sweats"

Jena Brent (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 4 years now and the very beginning of it was hard. I was young so I wasn't paying attention to how my body was reacting but looking back it made me hungry with a huge appetite and I had spotting for almost a month straight. The doctor said it was normal and I just needed to adjust. I've been on this medication since and I think it's great. Only giving 9/10 because I do get frequent spotting when I'm not supposed to, but what do you expect from something that only makes you have your period every 3 months. The other major downfall of this medication is that I completely lost my sex drive."

Anonymous328 February 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on camrese for about a year now and it's the best birth control I've had yet. All the others I bled for months and had super crazy mood swings. The only thing that really sucks about it is that I have NO sex drive. But the fact that I only have a period every 3 months makes up for it. Every so often i'll get some really light bleeding but its not even enough to validate wearing a tampon for."

KatieKat19 February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Everything was okay until the end of the first pack. Then, I spotted for 2 months straight. I am now having my period, and it is just like how they were before the medicine, only with more cramps. I usually have awful cramps the first day, then they go away. I'm 3 days in and the cramps haven't gotten better. I am remaining hopeful for the next 3 month set though."

bbehr January 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on the Camrese three month birth control for a total of 6 months now. The first three month pack did not go too well, which is why I gave it an eight for a rating. After the first month, I spotted heavy enough to ruin underwear, but not enough to use a pad/tampon, up until month three when it was time for my actual period. I would have specific periods of sadness as well, but no weight gain. But, I decided to see if it got any better. IT DID! My second three month pack, I did not have any spotting, and there is no weight gain with me, or mood swings that I have noticed. I have fallen in love with this birth control."

L0000 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is my second time on the camrese lo. My first experience was pretty crappy. I started spotting the last week of the first pack and didnt stop spotting until the week before my period week. I had a easy light period whice was nice. I had my dr give me a script for something else just taking a normal 28 day cycle. My period was terrible though so i chose to try the camrese lo again. So far im in the third pack and no spotting. I think my body needed to re adjust or something from the mini pill i was on before. Either way im very happy with my results the second time around."

Ashley8907 December 8, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "After 5 months on this birth control I must say that I really like it. After the first month I started spotting but I stopped taking the pills to allow myself to have a period and I have not spotted ever since. My skin has cleared, I have no PMS, no mood swings and obviously rarely have periods. Only complaints are my sugar cravings (can't lose weight to save my life). But other than that I enjoy it. I save so much on feminine hygiene products and book travels with no worries."

Tooti2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The first contraceptive pill that works for me. No depression with this pill, just a few weeks of heavy PMS-like symptoms (cramps, exhaustion, moodiness) at first, then it stabilized. Trustworthy, predictable, and not having a period but once a quarter has been nice."

Elizabeth345111 November 15, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "When I first started this medication the whole first month I would feel super nauseous and sick. This continued for about a month. I had no spotting at all until the 3rd month. My spotting lasted about 3 weeks until I finished my first 3 months and had my first period. Those would be the only down sides this has given me. The positives though are that I have had zero cramps which is huge considering I used to have horrible ones. It has also cleared up all my acne and my periods only last about 3 days. I have been on this for about 5 months now and it is great to me."

snichols555 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My daughter was on this birth control for a few years. I lost her to a pulmonary embolism last year. She was only 19. Do I feel this pill played some part in what happened absolutely. Be careful and weigh your options. I took birth control and not for one minute did I think this would happen but everyone's body acts differently and tolerates things differently. There needs to be a safer way for young girls."

Pam Tabetha November 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control where I haven't had spotting or had an allergic reaction to! I just finished my third pack last night, and the week I was supposed to have my period was the best it's been in a long time. I did cramp a little the first two days, but nothing ibuprofen can't fix. My period was so light I could get away with just wearing a liner and it only lasted about 2-3 days. This birth control hasn't helped with my acne at all, but I don't think it's necessarily worse which is a good thing. I'll be going on accutane soon for that anyways. Another thing to note is I ALWAYS take it at exactly the same time everyday with maybe a minute or so to spare, which I'm sure is the reason I've had such luck with it!"

mjohnson14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "been on this for almost 2 months i took it while i started my period stop bleeding for two days and spotted for another 2weeks and been fine since then, but i did exprience nausea but importantly depression am stopping because am so down and out and i havent finished the 3 month pack...overall i really like this birth control but i cant deal with this depression"

REALLY NOT THAT BAD (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was excited to try this pill because it would cut down my period to only 4 times a year. However, the spotting became a huge issue. I began spotting during the first pack, around the time I would typically get my period. I knew this was a side effect, but it lasted 2 weeks and became a nuisance. I soldiered through the pack and it eventually stopped and I got a very light period 2 months later as scheduled. The next pack was worse. Again, I started spotting after the first month. It continued for 2.5 weeks and turned into the heaviest period I've ever had, and I had to go to my doctor and be put on another pill to stop the bleeding, and then switched pills. This may work for some, but it unfortunately didn't for me."

Rae T September 8, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The first 6-8 months on this pill were not fun. But if you talk to any doctor about this type of pill, they will all tell you the same thing: it can take up to a year for your body to adjust, and you MUST take it every day at the same time!!! I spotted a lot during the first few months but after about 6-8 months, everything settled down. I now get a period every 3 months, and it's very very light. All those reviews that only know what it's like the first few weeks need to either remove their review or stick it out because I am very happy with this pill now that I've been on it for over 2 years."

Ardennis (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "About 4 weeks after starting this pill I started spotting. It was a brown color and was not enough for a pad/tampon or even panty liner. I could only notice it when I wiped. After 7 days I decided to stop taking the pill and let my period start. This did the trick and the spotting stopped. The period was not painful at all and I did not feel it at all which is wonderful. Aside from the spotting I have no complaints from this pill. Have been on it 7 weeks now."

Sashanna August 27, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for about a year and a half, and at first I would have light spotting for normally a month or so which was quite annoying, however it was light enough to tolerate. After being on this pill for about 3 cycles, I discovered the trick to getting rid of the spotting is to take it within the hour every day. My periods were 3 days long on the dot when I was on my inactive pills, and we're not too heavy. Considering I never missed a pill in the whole time I was on this and did not get pregnant with a regular sex life and not using another form of contraception, it does seem to be very effective. With my last cycle taking it always within an hour, I had almost no spotting at all."

Sarahsreviews August 21, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on camrese for almost a month before I was on lo seasonique which I loved better. I switched because I was told it helped better with cramps an lighten your period, but omg I been spotting every since I been on it! My period was due last week but i just been spotting. I'm on my last week of pills this week. I take my pill every morning on time never miss still spotting smh. I'm calling my doctor telling him I need to switch back over. Its literally like your on your period for a whole month! I don't recommend at all!"

shandrella91 August 9, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am on the last week of the second month of this pill and I have been spotting a brown discharge( not heavy enough for a pad or tampon but annoying) since the last week of the first month. It wont stop I'm getting ready to start my third month so my first period week on the pill is 3 weeks away. If the spotting doesnt' stop after my period week I'm calling my doc for a new pill."

Ashley1989 August 6, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Horrible! If I could rate a 0 I would. Started having headaches ( I never ever have headaches), got my period for 10 days 6 weeks in, bp went from 100/60 to 158/98. Missed 2 doses so I followed the directions and upon taking them and my normal dose shit hit the fan. I couldn't breathe, my heart was racing, and my bp went through the roof. I was sent to er ( after my first 2 visits) to get checked for a PE, have had a million tests done, several ekg's and have an spot with a cardiologist. I have been waiting for the drugs to get out of my system (the half life is about a month) and I am light headed have the worst anxiety ( never ever had it before so it really hard to deal with which is making it worse), really jittery and and not happy."

Anonymous August 3, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I wouldn't even rate this oral contraceptive as high as 1 out of 10. I was prescribed this by my doctor for birth control as well as issues with P.M.S.. THIS MEDICATION IS HORRIBLE. Upon starting it my depression was off the charts, I was so irritable that people closest to me asked, "why am I so miserable?", I had acne breakouts, which I have not had since the age of 15, so 12 years later & not sexy out breaks. My sex drive went to zero. INSOMNIA constantly.. When I did get my period Jeezus, heavy flow, fatigue, fever like feeling/hard time getting out of bed and functioning, and cramps worse than without being on this med. The PMS IS HORRIBLE. This website won't let me write more. Hair loss as well. 4 periods a month is not worth this med"

Lizzardtron (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Camrese for 2 years to treat severe cramping/pain due to family history of endometriosis. While the pill was 100% effective in preventing pregnancy and shortening periods/lessening pain, I experienced the following side effects: high heart rate (often times would not slow down enough to sleep at night, severe anxiety as a secondary effect, low mood as a secondary effect of anxiety/lack of sleep, increased sensitivity to sugar and caffeine, bloating (more often than not), weight gain. For TWO years I thought I had undiagnosed generalized anxiety disorder until I went off the pill for a week and realized that I slept every night and was 100% calm and my heart rate finally felt normal. I am switching to Skyla IUD"

queenfrostine (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I just started using this BC, and it has been horrible. I was told to just push through it & that the pain would go away after the first full month. I constantly have cramps (as if I'm starting my period) and nauseous every other day. I'm also starting to develop headaches frequently but not sure if that's directly correlated."

jay234 June 24, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this BC for 6 years. There is still spotting, very randomly and cramping. I get constant mood swings. I take it at night and feel super hungry in the morning, but just eat breakfest and I'm fine. My weight is normal. I would say it works great as its suppose to, just a few side effects."

Amanda3773 June 22, 2016