User Reviews for Camrese

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Camrese reviews 5.6 103 reviews

Reviews for Camrese

For Birth Control "I was on Camrese for a few years. I absolutely loved it since I only got my period every 3 months and I wouldn't have to worry about it besides then. The only reason I got off of this pill is because I had a blood clot scare so I decided to stop taking birth control with estrogen. If this wasn't a risk, I would be more than happy with taking Camrese for longer since I had such good results with it. Upon ending this BCP, I have noticed breast tenderness, more happiness, and more PMS effects. My period started a few days right after taking my last pill too. If you can look past the blood clot, stroke, and heart attack risk with the combined pill, I would definitely recommend Camrese!"

K9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had really bad pain with my periods for 30 years. I have tried other birth-control and this, by far, has been the best. I have no pain I have had really bad pain with my periods for 30 years. I have tried other birth-control and this, by far, has been the best. I have no pain plus I don’t have a period at all. Would definitely recommend it."

Lovemymeds (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Camrese was the first multi month dose birth control pill I have ever been on and when I had it I loved it so much!!! Now my Walgreens doesn't even carry it so they forced me to take Ashlyna which worked for about 1 month then I got horrible weight problems, acne out the wazoo and I have been miserable and my period has been going on since month 2 week 2 I am now on my third week of my period, am severely anemic, and my blood loss is dramatically changing my blood pressure. I have dropped 20mmHg and am now 105/69. I cannot afford to lose anymore blood but walgreens will not fill my Camrese because they only carry Ashlyna and are withholding everything so I cannot even get any birth control to stop this bloody mess in my pants! NOT ALL PILLS ARE THE SAME! I want my Camrese back so desperately so I can have something that works!"

Tinker-Bella (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this for 6 months (just got my 3rd package) in order to control the bleeding from my nexplanon implant (a whole different, hormonal and acne driven story). I can’t tell if the birth control cleared my skin, or simply leaving teenage hood and entering adulthood did. Either way, it’s done its job as far as controlling the bleeding caused by the implant. Libido seems lower (except on the period pill lol) but I can’t say for sure if it’s the medication or not. No weight gain, no change in breast size, less acne (not attributing it to the medication though) and no mood issues. It does it’s job. 7/10 because by the time the 3rd month comes around I get some spotting before I even start the period pills, although I don’t really care that much."

Zelda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for a little over a year now to prevent my period altogether as I used to have extremely painful cramping, and it has made my life so much easier. The first pack of the pills (3 months) was mostly fine, no major mood swings or weight gain, however at the end of the third month I did experience about 12 days of very painful cramping and light spotting, which is not typical for me. However since then, I've not experienced any cramping or bleeding, which has been amazing. I'd highly recommend this medication, though be prepared for a bit of an adjustment period during the beginning."

she (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I love Camrese. Before I started taking it I had a lot of acne. After being on it for a few weeks, my skin cleared up completely. I get a pimple every now and then but I think it’s from other reasons. My excruciating pains from my periods have significantly decreased. I’ve been on it for about a year now. I haven’t gained any weight, I’m not emotional anymore, Iibido is the same, BUT.. I have one complaint. I’m STILL having breakthrough bleeding! I thought it was just my body being stupid & forcing periods because of my irregular normal periods w/o the pill, but I’ve read a lot of the same type of complaints. It’s once a month. It's about 7 days of bleeding, (warning, TMI) and it’s not normal blood, it’s dark brown. It’s very very irritating and it stresses me out! I specifically got on this pill to stop my periods and here I am having them still. It’s a huge deal for me, if this wasn’t happening, would rate this pill 100/10."

Mia July 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Camrese for 6 months now. For me personally, it has been my miracle birth control pill! I have not had any weight gain, no spotting, and no pregnancy! I did notice the first two weeks I was really moody but getting past that I am glad I stayed on it! It has been amazing for me and I highly recommend this bc pill. Everyone's body reacts different but it's definitely worth trying in my opinion!"

Jlynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on camrese for over 2 years now and I love it. I enjoy not getting my period every month. I’ve had a little weight gain but nothing terrible. Maybe 3-5 pounds. Also my acne has significantly improved. Boobs are the same size maybe even smaller (which is most likely from working out). Occasional mood swings but not as bad as I was before BC. No depression. The only kind of pill I’ve ever taken and I love it."

Bbbbbbb June 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I had my daughter March 30th 2018 she was a premi baby. After my 3 weeks of healing I started this birth control and I’ve been bleeding ever since . Today is May 31 2018 and I’m still bleeding heavy . I use to take this birth control as a teenager and it use to stop my period for a few months at a time and when I did get a period it wasn’t heavy and it only lasted 3-4 days . It also made me loose a bunch of weight . I don’t know what the difference is but something is totally different here."

Elizabeth May 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this birth control for 3 months now (just got through my first pack) and honestly I have very little complaints. I haven’t gained weight, no spotting, no nausea or dizziness, no change in libido However I did notice that I’ve become much more emotional since I started camrese. It used to be kind of hard to make me cry now I will at the drop of a hat, but for me the pros outweigh the cons majorly"

michellegg (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I hate this birth control. I am now on my 4th pack which makes a year. The first pack was the brand amethia which worked like it was supposed to. Then the pharmacy switched to camrese and it has been hell ever since. The first pack of camrese I made it through the first 2 months with no period. Then beginning of the 3rd month I started my period and I bled the whole month. Picked up the next pack same thing. I switched from monthly to this because I was tired of having horrible periods now I have to deal with them for a month. I've gained 20 pounds, migraines non stop. Don't switch if you don't have to!"

Annoyed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Camrese for about 9 months, and at first it was terrible. I got through the first month (out of 3) and then has a period for 2 straight months, constant bleeding. My nurse said it was normal, that my body needed to regulate. So then I finished that packet and got another one (another 3 month packet) and my period was gone consistently til the yellow pills. It was like I almost forgot what a period was even like lol. I lost 15 lbs with camrese which is a plus for me, the only problem with the pill for me is that I’ve had crazy mood swings and some depression and sad periods. I’ve always been a chipper, bubbly person but this bc has gotten to me. Overall it does its job and works for me so I gave it a 7!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I 'm on this to decrease heavy, painful periods. It was good for first 2 months then suddenly I started bleeding like a period. Now going on 7 weeks of everyday spotting sometimes with clots and severe cramping"

Anonymous March 22, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill works great for me, but I had to deal with around three months of dizziness and nausea before everything balanced out. I no longer have mood swings and my cramps are minimal. My periods are also shorter and less bloody, but in the beginning they were really painful and heavy. If you can't handle the difficulty in the beginning, I don't suggest this."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "After having a baby, I was looking for a birth control pill and excited about the fact that I would only get my period every 3 months. After 5 days however, I had gained weight, felt bloated, had headaches all the time, very low libido, insomnia, and crazy mood swings. Threw the pills in the trash because I couldn’t stand it anymore. I’m sure this brand works for some but definitely not for me"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I got on birth control for my horrible cramps and to prevent getting pregnant. I have had mostly ups but some downs using this birth control. you must make sure to take it everyday around the same time because it does effect you when you are supposed to get your period. Also, I have major mood swings now, depression, and gained weight with taking this. It does help majorly with my cramps and how much I was bleeding"

82647282 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I lost weight and feel a lot less variable emotionally"

MirandaL (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2017

For Birth Control "Been on this for 4 years; started about 2 months after dating my boyfriend. Occasional spotting but nothing compared to what others have described. I am fortunate in that I have always had extremely light periods anyway, and there hasn't really been a change except for frequency. No weight gain and no acne or hair loss or any of the other things people have unfortunately described. The only thing I've noticed is a significant decrease in libido. Like, went from 100 to zero within weeks of starting the pill. By the time I figured out it wasn't going away I was too hesitant to switch since it's the only side effect and any BC is a gamble so I just deal with it."

BZZZZZZZZZZZZ August 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I've only been on this for a few days, and I know my body needs time to adjust, but I just spent the last 4hrs (3-7am!) throwing up without cease. I have had horrible, horrible cramps, like, on-the-floor-screaming cramps (which is why I started taking these pills), but at least those only lasted an hour at a time tops! I'm worried about missing school, and I can at least try to manage my cramps like I have before. I can't vouch for its effectiveness, only the side effects I suffered, but I may consider trying it again during a break when my body has time to adjust without worrying about missing classes."

Ecov492 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I have a semi-rare medical condition where I get intense, horrendous mood swings due to a horomone imbalance. Camrese has been the only birth control for me to solve this. I've taken birth controls that have made me gone into spouts of rage, but after taking this for more than six months, I can 100% say this is the right medicine for me. I have no more mood swings, and the period pills have horomones in them, so I wont have emotional swings there either. I also have PCOS, so whatever. Its good to know I'm still getting some estrogen to counteract the testosterone. What is unusual now is that my period is so light that I only need a light pad. I'm currently 5 days into it and it's extremely managable. It almost seems too good to be true."

Melrone447 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking this medication for about 1.5 years now. I had chronic migraines for over a year before I started taking this, with no explanation as to why I was having such awful headaches every single day. Ob-Gyn recommended me on birth control, and I haven't had a migraine for 1.5 years now! I don't have any bad side affects from this birth control (that I've noticed yet). Only having a period 4 times a year is definitely a plus!"

Emilyisawesome (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I am on the 3rd sheet of pills so about 3 months in... before taking i weighed 120 now I am 130... feel depressed, just this week started to get brown discharge and thick red blood clots, try to take the pill everyday with my coffee but I was an hour off a few times, my boobs grew from C to double DD I don't mind but I do feel bloated and have had a couple angry depressed days..not sure its worth these symptoms but before I had such bad cramps n migraines was in bed every month for 2 days at least. Plus I thought only being 29 having early menopause with hot flashes n migraines this would help me... not sure yet. Staying on for another week or soo see what happens and the weight gain for me is the worst I don't fit in my pants, plus need new bras."

Heatherrose1987 July 26, 2017

For Birth Control "I was taking this for three months and will be switching. I've had "spotting" for about 2.5 months (some days worse than others), and I feel as though I am overly emotional and anxious on it. I'm not sure if it's due to BC, but I also feel as though it's causing my hair to fall out much more rapidly. Giving it a 3 only because I didn't gain weight while taking it, which was a concern for me."

6853246 July 17, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for about 6 years. I originally was taking Lo Seasonique, but had to switch to this as it is the generic option. I began taking this in high school after suffering from crippling cramps, and missing school due to these symptoms. The first three months were full of spotting (which I was warned of ahead of time). After my first pack, my body started to get used to this BC. It is a low dosage of hormones, which works great for my body right now. One thing I have noticed is that if I don't take my pill at exactly the same time each day, I do begin spotting for a day or two. There have been a few occasions where I have forgotten, or taken it 3 or so hours late, which has caused spotting to begin."

Laurr16 July 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this for about three months now. The first month and a half were great. No mood swings, no spotting or headaches, or depression, but then I got into my third month and was experiencing breakthrough bleeding a lot and then had several blood clots. And I am still having spotting. I've been depressed, acne is horrible, I have horrible food cravings, not to mention awful cramps to where I can't even move. I want to continue and try to see if it gets better, but I am just having the worst time with this and am miserable that I am over taking this. I know for some it has worked and maybe if I stick it out it will get better but I have no interest in continuing with this bc."

Lornie2014!! July 2, 2017