User Reviews for Camrese

Learn more about Camrese.

Birth Control 87 reviews 300 medications

5.4
Summary of Camrese reviews 87 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Camrese

For Birth Control "I lost weight and feel a lot less variable emotionally"

MirandaL (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been on this for 4 years; started about 2 months after dating my boyfriend. Occasional spotting but nothing compared to what others have described. I am fortunate in that I have always had extremely light periods anyway, and there hasn't really been a change except for frequency. No weight gain and no acne or hair loss or any of the other things people have unfortunately described. The only thing I've noticed is a significant decrease in libido. Like, went from 100 to zero within weeks of starting the pill. By the time I figured out it wasn't going away I was too hesitant to switch since it's the only side effect and any BC is a gamble so I just deal with it."

BZZZZZZZZZZZZ August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've only been on this for a few days, and I know my body needs time to adjust, but I just spent the last 4hrs (3-7am!) throwing up without cease. I have had horrible, horrible cramps, like, on-the-floor-screaming cramps (which is why I started taking these pills), but at least those only lasted an hour at a time tops! I'm worried about missing school, and I can at least try to manage my cramps like I have before. I can't vouch for its effectiveness, only the side effects I suffered, but I may consider trying it again during a break when my body has time to adjust without worrying about missing classes."

Ecov492 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have a semi-rare medical condition where I get intense, horrendous mood swings due to a horomone imbalance. Camrese has been the only birth control for me to solve this. I've taken birth controls that have made me gone into spouts of rage, but after taking this for more than six months, I can 100% say this is the right medicine for me. I have no more mood swings, and the period pills have horomones in them, so I wont have emotional swings there either. I also have PCOS, so whatever. Its good to know I'm still getting some estrogen to counteract the testosterone. What is unusual now is that my period is so light that I only need a light pad. I'm currently 5 days into it and it's extremely managable. It almost seems too good to be true."

Melrone447 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking this medication for about 1.5 years now. I had chronic migraines for over a year before I started taking this, with no explanation as to why I was having such awful headaches every single day. Ob-Gyn recommended me on birth control, and I haven't had a migraine for 1.5 years now! I don't have any bad side affects from this birth control (that I've noticed yet). Only having a period 4 times a year is definitely a plus!"

Emilyisawesome (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am on the 3rd sheet of pills so about 3 months in... before taking i weighed 120 now I am 130... feel depressed, just this week started to get brown discharge and thick red blood clots, try to take the pill everyday with my coffee but I was an hour off a few times, my boobs grew from C to double DD I don't mind but I do feel bloated and have had a couple angry depressed days..not sure its worth these symptoms but before I had such bad cramps n migraines was in bed every month for 2 days at least. Plus I thought only being 29 having early menopause with hot flashes n migraines this would help me... not sure yet. Staying on for another week or soo see what happens and the weight gain for me is the worst I don't fit in my pants, plus need new bras."

Heatherrose1987 July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was taking this for three months and will be switching. I've had "spotting" for about 2.5 months (some days worse than others), and I feel as though I am overly emotional and anxious on it. I'm not sure if it's due to BC, but I also feel as though it's causing my hair to fall out much more rapidly. Giving it a 3 only because I didn't gain weight while taking it, which was a concern for me."

6853246 July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for about 6 years. I originally was taking Lo Seasonique, but had to switch to this as it is the generic option. I began taking this in high school after suffering from crippling cramps, and missing school due to these symptoms. The first three months were full of spotting (which I was warned of ahead of time). After my first pack, my body started to get used to this BC. It is a low dosage of hormones, which works great for my body right now. One thing I have noticed is that if I don't take my pill at exactly the same time each day, I do begin spotting for a day or two. There have been a few occasions where I have forgotten, or taken it 3 or so hours late, which has caused spotting to begin."

Laurr16 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this for about three months now. The first month and a half were great. No mood swings, no spotting or headaches, or depression, but then I got into my third month and was experiencing breakthrough bleeding a lot and then had several blood clots. And I am still having spotting. I've been depressed, acne is horrible, I have horrible food cravings, not to mention awful cramps to where I can't even move. I want to continue and try to see if it gets better, but I am just having the worst time with this and am miserable that I am over taking this. I know for some it has worked and maybe if I stick it out it will get better but I have no interest in continuing with this bc."

Lornie2014!! July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have taken Camrese for 5 years now. The first few months were difficult as my body adjusted to the new hormones... The typical nausea and mood swings. However, by the 6th month of taking it I was feeling great! I experience no side effects from the pill. My libido is high, weight gain only 5-10 lb. difference than pre-pill weight, and my periods are more manageable. So far, 100% pregnancy protection :) Because I only have a period 3-4 times a year, my life is so much easier... No more missing work, debilitating cramps, or scheduling around periods for travel days and beach fun. If you do not mind pushing through the first couple of months of hormonal changes (everyone is affected differently) then I highly recommend this brand."

5 years of Camrese April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking birth control for almost 10 years. After switching insurance companies, I was also forced to switch birth control. I was also placed on the extended cycle birth control to lower the chance of the cysts I just had removed, returning. This birth control made me have crazy mood swings and feel very depressed. I rated it 2/10 because hey, I didn't get pregnant and I don't feel pain indicating my cysts have returned. I am approaching my 2nd month not taking this, my skin looks worse than it ever has, and I am broken out on my jawline (I would never break out there previously). My mood, however, has resumed to its former chipper self! I would not recommend this birth control to anyone."

Stephanie666 April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this BC for 8 months. I had almost constant spotting. The most I would make it without spotting was three weeks and then I would spot with no sign of slowing down, so I'd have to skip pills to let myself have a period. I couldn't take it anymore--I was on Camrese to control really heavy periods and here I was bleeding not as heavy, but all the freaking time. I also gained 6 pounds almost immediately upon taking it, felt constantly bloated and developed cellulite. I wanted sugar constantly. Within two weeks of stopping this pill, I lost 3 pounds and don't crave sweets nearly as much. I also developed three prominent patches of melasma on my face including one that looks like a mustache. They have not even lightened yet."

JM229 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 6 weeks into this pill. I have PMDD and treat it with other Medication but it makes me sad and depressed even with the other medication. The anxiety is through the roof. This pill makes me so tired. I also have horrible night sweats every night. I also can't sleep. The insomnia is awful. Headaches everyday. I have spent the last month trying to figure out what my deal was and its this awful pill. I thought I may of had another condition. The idea of 4 periods a year is amazing but this pill just isn't worth it. I am stopping this pill ASAP and hoping that everything returns to normal in a few days. Oh and the fact that I have completely lost my sex drive! Yeah that sucks too. I just want to sleep and not sweat at night."

EmiSue March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Camrese for 2+ years and I am very happy with it- I ask for this specific brand every time I refill and won't accept anything else. For me Camrese has not caused any weight gain whereas other extended cycle brands did cause weight gain, acne, and constant/heavy break through bleeding. I did have to be patient through the first several months for mild spotting to cease being an issue with Camrese. Understand that extending your cycle from the typical 28 days to nearly 90 days does take time for your body to get used to. As I adjusted to Camrese if mid-cycle spotting lasted for more than a day or two I would simply take a week off from the pills and allow myself to have a period before picking back up with the pills again."

J Trinity March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was diagnosed with PMDD and it was severe. I dreaded my periods every month and there was always one day a month I literally couldn't function. Doctor's wanted to prescribe Mirena but for many reasons I am against IUDs. We tried so many birth controls and I had issues with all of them and they never put a dent in my PMDD. Thank goodness for my Dr . She explained to me what nobody else explained to me is that all birth controls are different in their levels of hormones, some have more estrogen, some have more progesterone and I think it's even more complex then that, anyways Camrese is supposedly as similar to Mirena that you can get in pill form. It's been like night and day for me. I feel amazing. Only complaint is cold sweats"

Jena Brent (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 4 years now and the very beginning of it was hard. I was young so I wasn't paying attention to how my body was reacting but looking back it made me hungry with a huge appetite and I had spotting for almost a month straight. The doctor said it was normal and I just needed to adjust. I've been on this medication since and I think it's great. Only giving 9/10 because I do get frequent spotting when I'm not supposed to, but what do you expect from something that only makes you have your period every 3 months. The other major downfall of this medication is that I completely lost my sex drive."

Anonymous328 February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on camrese for about a year now and it's the best birth control I've had yet. All the others I bled for months and had super crazy mood swings. The only thing that really sucks about it is that I have NO sex drive. But the fact that I only have a period every 3 months makes up for it. Every so often i'll get some really light bleeding but its not even enough to validate wearing a tampon for."

KatieKat19 February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Everything was okay until the end of the first pack. Then, I spotted for 2 months straight. I am now having my period, and it is just like how they were before the medicine, only with more cramps. I usually have awful cramps the first day, then they go away. I'm 3 days in and the cramps haven't gotten better. I am remaining hopeful for the next 3 month set though."

bbehr January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on the Camrese three month birth control for a total of 6 months now. The first three month pack did not go too well, which is why I gave it an eight for a rating. After the first month, I spotted heavy enough to ruin underwear, but not enough to use a pad/tampon, up until month three when it was time for my actual period. I would have specific periods of sadness as well, but no weight gain. But, I decided to see if it got any better. IT DID! My second three month pack, I did not have any spotting, and there is no weight gain with me, or mood swings that I have noticed. I have fallen in love with this birth control."

L0000 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my second time on the camrese lo. My first experience was pretty crappy. I started spotting the last week of the first pack and didnt stop spotting until the week before my period week. I had a easy light period whice was nice. I had my dr give me a script for something else just taking a normal 28 day cycle. My period was terrible though so i chose to try the camrese lo again. So far im in the third pack and no spotting. I think my body needed to re adjust or something from the mini pill i was on before. Either way im very happy with my results the second time around."

Ashley8907 December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After 5 months on this birth control I must say that I really like it. After the first month I started spotting but I stopped taking the pills to allow myself to have a period and I have not spotted ever since. My skin has cleared, I have no PMS, no mood swings and obviously rarely have periods. Only complaints are my sugar cravings (can't lose weight to save my life). But other than that I enjoy it. I save so much on feminine hygiene products and book travels with no worries."

Tooti2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The first contraceptive pill that works for me. No depression with this pill, just a few weeks of heavy PMS-like symptoms (cramps, exhaustion, moodiness) at first, then it stabilized. Trustworthy, predictable, and not having a period but once a quarter has been nice."

Elizabeth345111 November 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I first started this medication the whole first month I would feel super nauseous and sick. This continued for about a month. I had no spotting at all until the 3rd month. My spotting lasted about 3 weeks until I finished my first 3 months and had my first period. Those would be the only down sides this has given me. The positives though are that I have had zero cramps which is huge considering I used to have horrible ones. It has also cleared up all my acne and my periods only last about 3 days. I have been on this for about 5 months now and it is great to me."

snichols555 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My daughter was on this birth control for a few years. I lost her to a pulmonary embolism last year. She was only 19. Do I feel this pill played some part in what happened absolutely. Be careful and weigh your options. I took birth control and not for one minute did I think this would happen but everyone's body acts differently and tolerates things differently. There needs to be a safer way for young girls."

Pam Tabetha November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control where I haven't had spotting or had an allergic reaction to! I just finished my third pack last night, and the week I was supposed to have my period was the best it's been in a long time. I did cramp a little the first two days, but nothing ibuprofen can't fix. My period was so light I could get away with just wearing a liner and it only lasted about 2-3 days. This birth control hasn't helped with my acne at all, but I don't think it's necessarily worse which is a good thing. I'll be going on accutane soon for that anyways. Another thing to note is I ALWAYS take it at exactly the same time everyday with maybe a minute or so to spare, which I'm sure is the reason I've had such luck with it!"

mjohnson14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2016