User Reviews for Camrese

Learn more about Camrese.

Birth Control 58 reviews 281 medications

4.8
Summary of Camrese reviews 58 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Camrese

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for about a year and a half, and at first I would have light spotting for normally a month or so which was quite annoying, however it was light enough to tolerate. After being on this pill for about 3 cycles, I discovered the trick to getting rid of the spotting is to take it within the hour every day. My periods were 3 days long on the dot when I was on my inactive pills, and we're not too heavy. Considering I never missed a pill in the whole time I was on this and did not get pregnant with a regular sex life and not using another form of contraception, it does seem to be very effective. With my last cycle taking it always within an hour, I had almost no spotting at all."

Sarahsreviews August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on camrese for almost a month before I was on lo seasonique which I loved better. I switched because I was told it helped better with cramps an lighten your period, but omg I been spotting every since I been on it! My period was due last week but i just been spotting. I'm on my last week of pills this week. I take my pill every morning on time never miss still spotting smh. I'm calling my doctor telling him I need to switch back over. Its literally like your on your period for a whole month! I don't recommend at all!"

shandrella91 August 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I am on the last week of the second month of this pill and I have been spotting a brown discharge( not heavy enough for a pad or tampon but annoying) since the last week of the first month. It wont stop I'm getting ready to start my third month so my first period week on the pill is 3 weeks away. If the spotting doesnt' stop after my period week I'm calling my doc for a new pill."

Ashley1989 August 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Horrible! If I could rate a 0 I would. Started having headaches ( I never ever have headaches), got my period for 10 days 6 weeks in, bp went from 100/60 to 158/98. Missed 2 doses so I followed the directions and upon taking them and my normal dose shit hit the fan. I couldn't breathe, my heart was racing, and my bp went through the roof. I was sent to er ( after my first 2 visits) to get checked for a PE, have had a million tests done, several ekg's and have an spot with a cardiologist. I have been waiting for the drugs to get out of my system (the half life is about a month) and I am light headed have the worst anxiety ( never ever had it before so it really hard to deal with which is making it worse), really jittery and and not happy."

Anonymous August 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I wouldn't even rate this oral contraceptive as high as 1 out of 10. I was prescribed this by my doctor for birth control as well as issues with P.M.S.. THIS MEDICATION IS HORRIBLE. Upon starting it my depression was off the charts, I was so irritable that people closest to me asked, "why am I so miserable?", I had acne breakouts, which I have not had since the age of 15, so 12 years later & not sexy out breaks. My sex drive went to zero. INSOMNIA constantly.. When I did get my period Jeezus, heavy flow, fatigue, fever like feeling/hard time getting out of bed and functioning, and cramps worse than without being on this med. The PMS IS HORRIBLE. This website won't let me write more. Hair loss as well. 4 periods a month is not worth this med"

Lizzardtron (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Camrese for 2 years to treat severe cramping/pain due to family history of endometriosis. While the pill was 100% effective in preventing pregnancy and shortening periods/lessening pain, I experienced the following side effects: high heart rate (often times would not slow down enough to sleep at night, severe anxiety as a secondary effect, low mood as a secondary effect of anxiety/lack of sleep, increased sensitivity to sugar and caffeine, bloating (more often than not), weight gain. For TWO years I thought I had undiagnosed generalized anxiety disorder until I went off the pill for a week and realized that I slept every night and was 100% calm and my heart rate finally felt normal. I am switching to Skyla IUD"

queenfrostine (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started using this BC, and it has been horrible. I was told to just push through it & that the pain would go away after the first full month. I constantly have cramps (as if I'm starting my period) and nauseous every other day. I'm also starting to develop headaches frequently but not sure if that's directly correlated."

jay234 June 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this BC for 6 years. There is still spotting, very randomly and cramping. I get constant mood swings. I take it at night and feel super hungry in the morning, but just eat breakfest and I'm fine. My weight is normal. I would say it works great as its suppose to, just a few side effects."

Amanda3773 June 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I wanted to try this pill because I was diagnosed with Severe Anemia. I'm trying to save my Hemoglobin not get rid of it. I didn't bleed for the first 3 weeks, now I can't stop bleeding... Huge clots, massive cramps, totally gross, and a continuous headache. I can't sleep and I crave junk food all the time. I'm almost done with my 3rd month and I bleed every day. Pregnancy is not an issue in my case, I'm just trying another method in order not to have my period so much. Camrese fail!"

CeeCee5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for almost 4 years. The first month I remember being very hungry all the time, but that either stopped or I learned to deal with it. I didn't get any other side effects from it. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because every cycle I start spitting about two weeks before I'm supposed to get my period. I just end up taking the period pills two weeks early to get it over with and start the next pack. My periods have gotten much lighter; most days I don't even need a tampon, but I get bad cramps on 1 or 2 of the days, which I never used to get before BC. Over all I would recommend this birth control. Although you MUST take it at exactly the same time every day or you will spot earlier."

Saraaaaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I like Camrese. I used to take Seasonique but changed insurance and now Camrese is free. I had some spotting, but it went away promptly. I never had a lot of spotting and I never get my period every month off of birth control anyways, probably due to low vitamins and/or low weight. Camrese made me breakout with a lot of blackheads on my chin and around my mouth. Non-smoker, 26, had been taking Seasonique since 15 so about 11 yrs. Camrese makes me feel hungrier. Mood is pretty average PMS seems a bit more intense. But it's free and it's keeping me from getting pregnant."

Anonymous May 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched to camrese because my last birth control was giving me consistent debilitating migraines during the week of my period or if I forgot a pill. It was too unbearable to experience that every month. I'm now on my second pack of camrese/month 4 and so far it has been great. I enjoy only having to deal with getting my period every 3 months and I haven't had a migraine yet. Spotting happened for a short while in the beginning but it went away. No weight gain. I have been feeling more depressed just recently, but it's hard to know if it's the BC or situational. I'll be following up with my doctor."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

For Birth Control "This bc is horrible. Going into my 3rd month and I havent stopped bleeding yet. So much for the no months."

Mimi979797 April 17, 2016

For Birth Control "After 20 days of taking the BC I had a hemorrhagic stroke on the 21st day. It caused a blood clot that went to my brain and I almost died. I do not smoke, I'm not overweight, no high blood pressure or other health issues. Please do all your research on BC before you start treatment."

T Flannery April 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on Camrese for about 3 years, after trying 2 other birth controls. For the first two months you will have a lot of spotting, but if you push through those two months it goes away completely. I haven't had any spotting in months and used to have an extremely heavy period. I have endometriosis and this pill helps a lot. If I forget a day by accident, I will have endo pain the next day almost immediately. I did use to break out the first few months as well, but not anything anymore. No weight gain or any other side effects."

KellyMilo March 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Seasonique for a year or two and then a generic was made available and I switched to Camrese. I've been on Camrese for at least 5-6 years and it is truly awesome for me. But here's my advice to everyone: Spotting. I spotted occasionally on Camrese/Seasonique and yes, it's normal. But what my doctor told me and I have shared with friends experiencing the same is to stop your pill for 4 days. Allow the spotting to happen just as if it was a period, and then resume your pill. Be smart: use backup birth control those days. I found not always taking at the same time, within 2 hours, to be the cause of the spotting. I've taken roughly 5 different pills over the past 10 years and Camrese worked best for me. But everyone is different!!"

suprach (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I started with this pill to get off the shot but it is no better...I can't sleep at night I have the worst headaches my cycle is never predictable..I can see blood one day and nothing the next I can have sex one day and still bleed & that's so embarrassing & disgusting I hate this pill it was the worst choice ever"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I have only been taking camrese for 2 weeks and i have been bleeding ever since. I was told by my doctor to take it the first day of my period which i did. Now usually my periods last 3-4 days. very little cramping if any and usually moderate to light. Since taking this i feel like my guts are going to fall out, The first few days i started having weird cramps in my upper stomach which felt like contractions when you are going to give birth than when that went away i would get normal cramping which i dont really care about but every other day my bleeding is different. One day the bleeding can be very light and feels like its going to stop than later that night or the next i would be gushing to where i have to wear a tampon and a pad."

Naebae (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on this because I really liked the sound of only 4 periods a year (mine are miserable & heavy). I didn't have any spotting on the 1st pack. However, on just about every pack since then I've had anywhere from 1-3 weeks of spotting. Sometimes it's just brown discharge, other times it warrants a tampon. My periods are just as heavy and miserable. I also initially had a massive acne flare up when I started Camrese. About twice per pack I'll break out badly on my face - once during my period and about 2-3 weeks after that. I'll be asking for a different brand at my next visit. Been on this for 1 year but hey, I didn't get pregnant."

sajast (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm currently taking Camrese. I had no complaints my periods are shorter and bearable and my face is clear. I thought I was perfectly content until I realized a few things. I have night sweats, my boobs hurt, I've gained like 20 pounds and I think I am depressed"

097:) February 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking these pills in hopes of having my period every 3 months. The first month of the pack, I don't bleed at all until about the last week I have some very light spotting that lasts up through the middle of the 2nd month/pack of pills....then it remains heavy from the middle of the 2nd month all the way through the end of the third month. So total I ended up bleeding for about 6 weeks straight through each pack of pills. I've been on it for about 9 months now and this has happened every time. I will definitely be changing to another kind. I'd rather bleed once a month heavily than 6 weeks straight. I also was extremely tired all the time. The only positive is that it did prevent pregnancy and my skin cleared up tremendously."

Sheenaboo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Was on Seasonique for a couple years, it worked extremely well. Hardly any breakthrough bleeding. Camrese started out okay but within a couple months, the bleeding began and would not stop. I had consistent spotting for MONTHS. I am now just coming off this pill, and have started with a new one. Hope this one stops the bleeding!!!"

Stephanie0241 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I was taking this bc pill for a couple of years. This last month I have bled heavily for 3 weeks straight. It worked great for a long time so I'm not sure what happened but now I will be changing to a different birth control."

Bug91 January 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I got on Camrese to help control my endometriosis. I ended up hospitalized with extreme high blood pressure and severe vascular migraines. Never had these issues before Camrese. After 7 days of bedrest, I am still waiting for this BCP to get out of my system."

Never again use Camrese December 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Good birth control for preventing against pregnancy. However, I thought it would be great to only have period sometimes. I was wrong! I had my period all of the time literally. It got to the point where I had it for a full month with only a couple days without it!! Only take if you for sure have a regulated period with birth control."

Insane blood flow November 28, 2015

Page 1 2 3 Next

More about Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Professional resources