User Reviews for Camrese to treat Birth Control

Camrese has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 107 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 33% of those users who reviewed Camrese reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Camrese Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Camrese

halicampbell · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2021

“It was not worth it. I had to stop it after two months. I had side effects of severe depression, extreme anxiety (which also affected my sleep- yet I was always exhausted), lethargy, no sex drive whatsoever, irritability... I wanted to eat 24/7 even when I was full to the point of being sick. My hair fell out/shed WAY more than usual. It did not help my acne. The only thing it did was prevent pregnancy, yet it made me more susceptible to yeast infections due to strange discharge. I would dread taking it everyday. It made my boobs a lot bigger but the other fluid retention and weight gain cancelled it out. I’m done with birth control for a while... back to heavy, painful periods.”

FluteGirl2 · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

“This is the worst birth control I’ve ever been on. I have ovarian cysts and they use birth control to regulate them. I have early onset bipolar disorder, depression and GAD that I am all medicated for, but this has made my anxiety and depression go off the charts with a bit of mania in there. Also I’ve always been worried about my weight and my body and this made me gain back all of the weight I just lost. I really don't like this medication.”

Steff · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2020

“My 20 yr old daughter started taking this to help with her periods. They were very heavy and the cramping kept her home from work and school 1-2 days per month. She takes the pills every day at the same time. She is on week 5 and for the past week has been very depressed and mood swings that involve anger. She says on a scale of 1-10 it is a 10. She says in addition she does have breast tenderness. She is sleeping more and the depression has me worried. No spotting or weight gain. We have called the doctor for advice. God bless”

heycoffeegirl February 2, 2014

“Taking this pill was an awful experience. Everything was going fine until right around the time that I started the second month of it- and since then, I have had nasty breakthrough bleeding ever since then! (Not to mention the breast soreness, leg cramps, and depression). I'm finishing the pill this week and it hasn't gotten any better or worse. So basically I've had my period for 8 weeks straight. ”

suprach · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 1, 2016

“I was on Seasonique for a year or two and then a generic was made available and I switched to Camrese. I've been on Camrese for at least 5-6 years and it is truly awesome for me. But here's my advice to everyone: Spotting. I spotted occasionally on Camrese/Seasonique and yes, it's normal. But what my doctor told me and I have shared with friends experiencing the same is to stop your pill for 4 days. Allow the spotting to happen just as if it was a period, and then resume your pill. Be smart: use backup birth control those days. I found not always taking at the same time, within 2 hours, to be the cause of the spotting. I've taken roughly 5 different pills over the past 10 years and Camrese worked best for me. But everyone is different!!”

097:) February 6, 2016

“I'm currently taking Camrese. I had no complaints my periods are shorter and bearable and my face is clear. I thought I was perfectly content until I realized a few things. I have night sweats, my boobs hurt, I've gained like 20 pounds and I think I am depressed”

K9 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 26, 2018

“I was on Camrese for a few years. I absolutely loved it since I only got my period every 3 months and I wouldn't have to worry about it besides then. The only reason I got off of this pill is because I had a blood clot scare so I decided to stop taking birth control with estrogen. If this wasn't a risk, I would be more than happy with taking Camrese for longer since I had such good results with it. Upon ending this BCP, I have noticed breast tenderness, more happiness, and more PMS effects. My period started a few days right after taking my last pill too. If you can look past the blood clot, stroke, and heart attack risk with the combined pill, I would definitely recommend Camrese!”

T · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2019

“I was very excited to start this and get a hold of my endometriosis.. but as soon as I started this I started breaking out, gaining weight, couldn’t sleep anymore, my anxiety became so much worse than it had been, bleeding every day, cramping off and on and headaches... it has made me feel crazy and I just stopped taking it. I’m praying this goes away fast. I am highly disappointed”

Lornie2014!! July 2, 2017

“I've been on this for about three months now. The first month and a half were great. No mood swings, no spotting or headaches, or depression, but then I got into my third month and was experiencing breakthrough bleeding a lot and then had several blood clots. And I am still having spotting. I've been depressed, acne is horrible, I have horrible food cravings, not to mention awful cramps to where I can't even move. I want to continue and try to see if it gets better, but I am just having the worst time with this and am miserable that I am over taking this. I know for some it has worked and maybe if I stick it out it will get better but I have no interest in continuing with this bc.”

Mia July 22, 2018

“I love Camrese. Before I started taking it I had a lot of acne. After being on it for a few weeks, my skin cleared up completely. I get a pimple every now and then but I think it’s from other reasons. My excruciating pains from my periods have significantly decreased. I’ve been on it for about a year now. I haven’t gained any weight, I’m not emotional anymore, Iibido is the same, BUT.. I have one complaint. I’m STILL having breakthrough bleeding! I thought it was just my body being stupid & forcing periods because of my irregular normal periods w/o the pill, but I’ve read a lot of the same type of complaints. It’s once a month. It's about 7 days of bleeding, (warning, TMI) and it’s not normal blood, it’s dark brown. It’s very very irritating and it stresses me out! I specifically got on this pill to stop my periods and here I am having them still. It’s a huge deal for me, if this wasn’t happening, would rate this pill 100/10.”

aem0020 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 23, 2014

“Started taking Camrese to combat PMS-related anxiety, and it totally leveled me out. Now I take it for contraceptive purposes and it has worked great. I gained 20 lbs the first time on it, went off, lost some of the weight, went back on it, and haven't gained since. No spotting after the first pack, once my body was regulated. The dose of constant hormones really helped me feel in control and normal again.”

Ardennis · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 30, 2016

“The first 6-8 months on this pill were not fun. But if you talk to any doctor about this type of pill, they will all tell you the same thing: it can take up to a year for your body to adjust, and you MUST take it every day at the same time!!! I spotted a lot during the first few months but after about 6-8 months, everything settled down. I now get a period every 3 months, and it's very very light. All those reviews that only know what it's like the first few weeks need to either remove their review or stick it out because I am very happy with this pill now that I've been on it for over 2 years.”

L0000 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 2, 2017

“I've been on the Camrese three month birth control for a total of 6 months now. The first three month pack did not go too well, which is why I gave it an eight for a rating. After the first month, I spotted heavy enough to ruin underwear, but not enough to use a pad/tampon, up until month three when it was time for my actual period. I would have specific periods of sadness as well, but no weight gain. But, I decided to see if it got any better. IT DID! My second three month pack, I did not have any spotting, and there is no weight gain with me, or mood swings that I have noticed. I have fallen in love with this birth control.”

Druqs September 30, 2014

“I developed terrible depression taking this medication. The first month and a half were fine, even energizing. I actually slept less and felt more alert the first few weeks.The first two nights I took the pill I only slept 4 hours, and woke up sweating and then couldn't sleep the rest of the night. This side effect went away, and then all was pretty normal for awhile. Then I felt myself slowly slipping into a funk. It started with a negative attitude towards things I used to enjoy, and progressed into terrible depression. I suspected the pill, and the day after the 3 months ended, I felt immediately better and happy again. It was like day and night. I went back to Nuvaring after this experience.”

Pam Tabetha November 8, 2016

“My daughter was on this birth control for a few years. I lost her to a pulmonary embolism last year. She was only 19. Do I feel this pill played some part in what happened absolutely. Be careful and weigh your options. I took birth control and not for one minute did I think this would happen but everyone's body acts differently and tolerates things differently. There needs to be a safer way for young girls.”

Naebae · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2016

“I have only been taking camrese for 2 weeks and i have been bleeding ever since. I was told by my doctor to take it the first day of my period which i did. Now usually my periods last 3-4 days. very little cramping if any and usually moderate to light. Since taking this i feel like my guts are going to fall out, The first few days i started having weird cramps in my upper stomach which felt like contractions when you are going to give birth than when that went away i would get normal cramping which i dont really care about but every other day my bleeding is different. One day the bleeding can be very light and feels like its going to stop than later that night or the next i would be gushing to where i have to wear a tampon and a pad.”

hope it works July 31, 2012

“I am taking this to try and prevent 9-15 monthly migraines. I do not need it for birth control, I've had a tubaligation, and a uterine ablation to prevent extremely heavy menstrual cycles. I am on week 9 of this medicine. On week 2 to the present I've had extreme left breast tenderness and nausea, week 3-5 I had gross brown discharge, on week 5 to present I've had a heavier than normal menstrual cycle. My Dr says to give it time, that it takes sometimes at least 3-6 months. If this was just for birth control I would have switched because, there are so many other options available. I am waiting this out only because I have such severe migraines. I am still having migraines but, there not as severe.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2012

“I had never been on birth control and just 6 weeks after having my little boy I was placed on this birth control. This pill has given me such headaches that I had to start taking the product around 8 in the evening so that it wouldn't bother me. I have also not been able to lose any weight on this. I have been regularly exercising and eating under 1200 calories and not lost a pound. The side effects have pushed me to have to switch birth control.”

J Trinity March 6, 2017

“I have been on Camrese for 2+ years and I am very happy with it- I ask for this specific brand every time I refill and won't accept anything else. For me Camrese has not caused any weight gain whereas other extended cycle brands did cause weight gain, acne, and constant/heavy break through bleeding. I did have to be patient through the first several months for mild spotting to cease being an issue with Camrese. Understand that extending your cycle from the typical 28 days to nearly 90 days does take time for your body to get used to. As I adjusted to Camrese if mid-cycle spotting lasted for more than a day or two I would simply take a week off from the pills and allow myself to have a period before picking back up with the pills again.”

EmiSue March 22, 2017

“I'm 6 weeks into this pill. I have PMDD and treat it with other Medication but it makes me sad and depressed even with the other medication. The anxiety is through the roof. This pill makes me so tired. I also have horrible night sweats every night. I also can't sleep. The insomnia is awful. Headaches everyday. I have spent the last month trying to figure out what my deal was and its this awful pill. I thought I may of had another condition. The idea of 4 periods a year is amazing but this pill just isn't worth it. I am stopping this pill ASAP and hoping that everything returns to normal in a few days. Oh and the fact that I have completely lost my sex drive! Yeah that sucks too. I just want to sleep and not sweat at night.”

Tinker-Bella · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 31, 2018

“Camrese was the first multi month dose birth control pill I have ever been on and when I had it I loved it so much!!! Now my Walgreens doesn't even carry it so they forced me to take Ashlyna which worked for about 1 month then I got horrible weight problems, acne out the wazoo and I have been miserable and my period has been going on since month 2 week 2 I am now on my third week of my period, am severely anemic, and my blood loss is dramatically changing my blood pressure. I have dropped 20mmHg and am now 105/69. I cannot afford to lose anymore blood but walgreens will not fill my Camrese because they only carry Ashlyna and are withholding everything so I cannot even get any birth control to stop this bloody mess in my pants! NOT ALL PILLS ARE THE SAME! I want my Camrese back so desperately so I can have something that works!”

bbehr January 19, 2017

“Everything was okay until the end of the first pack. Then, I spotted for 2 months straight. I am now having my period, and it is just like how they were before the medicine, only with more cramps. I usually have awful cramps the first day, then they go away. I'm 3 days in and the cramps haven't gotten better. I am remaining hopeful for the next 3 month set though.”

Tina309 November 5, 2015

“Been taking this for a year and my body never regulated to it. I spotted through almost the whole pack, every single time. Sexual intercourse became painful for me. This has personally been the worst experience with birthcontrol for me. I thought it would have been nice having a 91 day cycle, but given that I have bled through over 65 days of it, it is just absolutley not worth it.”

AmyD2424 December 2, 2013

“Only on day 7 of this pill and my chest, back and face are broken out completely! I have bumps literally everywhere. Little clusters of bumps are popping up too! My breasts are starting to hurt and I've had bad menstrual cramps today! I'm also super emotional as well. Cried all evening for no reason and got so mad I thought my chest was going to explode. So mood swings are definitely a side effect. Maybe I'll see some better effects in the next month!”

FlowerfulPowerful August 6, 2014

“I've spent 11 months on Camrese and it's been great. No period, my acne and mood swings were under control. I had occasional spotting, and over the course of the past year I've gained 10 lbs (with no other lifestyle changes), which are the only reasons I will be discussing changing medication with my doctor.”

Tyler B · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2015

“Literally a miracle drug my first time in a long time not having my extremely horrible period, best month of my life! no spotting, this is my first time using birth control. my acne is non-existent, my breast are larger which is a plus for me, and I've lost weight in all the right places! I'm so happy with this product!”

5 years of Camrese April 8, 2017

“I have taken Camrese for 5 years now. The first few months were difficult as my body adjusted to the new hormones... The typical nausea and mood swings. However, by the 6th month of taking it I was feeling great! I experience no side effects from the pill. My libido is high, weight gain only 5-10 lb. difference than pre-pill weight, and my periods are more manageable. So far, 100% pregnancy protection :) Because I only have a period 3-4 times a year, my life is so much easier... No more missing work, debilitating cramps, or scheduling around periods for travel days and beach fun. If you do not mind pushing through the first couple of months of hormonal changes (everyone is affected differently) then I highly recommend this brand.”

Insane blood flow November 28, 2015

“Good birth control for preventing against pregnancy. However, I thought it would be great to only have period sometimes. I was wrong! I had my period all of the time literally. It got to the point where I had it for a full month with only a couple days without it!! Only take if you for sure have a regulated period with birth control.”