User Reviews for Ashlyna

Birth Control
3.9

Summary of Ashlyna reviews 3.9 43 reviews

Reviews for Ashlyna

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control pill ever. I bled for months and lost so much blood. I've had mood swings, depression and have been miserable!!! These pills should not be on the market! They will make your life a living hell"

Jonesa84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Was on it for about 2 months and during that time I had mild cramping, weight gain, and bloating. As I continued it I began to notice terrible mood swings, increased depression, increased anxiety, and migraine headaches. I wanted to try and stick it out for a few more months to see if the side affects would gradually go away but I honestly don't think it's worth the increased depression and mood swings. I do not recommend this."

Ally May 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I am a dumb person and stopped taking birth control because I have PCOS and don’t have a period or anything unless I’m on birth control. I starting dating this guy and and wanted to get back on birth control, but didn’t want to bleed every month, so my dr recommended Ashlyna. It was fine for the first month, and then around the middle of the second month, I started bleeding a little. I bled for over a month straight and had horrible cramps, even though I had never experienced cramps or any period symptoms before. I also went through like 10+ super plus tampons a day and had to wear pads at the same time. After I bled for so long, I was told to double up on the pill to stop the bleeding, but I ran out early and my insurance wouldn’t cover me to refill. In order to avoid that from happening again, my Dr suggested for me to stop taking anything for a week, and then start a generic pack. Now I bleed every month, but it’s better than the alternative."

Lauren April 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Omgoodness! I loved this birth control. I’m used to extremely heavy gruesome periods and this definitely tamed them down. Love the period every 3 months. HOWEVER! I have gained over 30 POUNDS in the 5 months I’ve been taking it. I have never ever been this heavy. I do not over eat, I don’t even eat very much. My doctor said it most definitely is from this birth control. I’d rather be over weight than pregnant but I’m switching immediately. I’m 30 and have been on birth control for 15 years. I have never experienced weight gain from birth control before. Bye Ashlyna!"

Bre (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 43yrs old and was looking for fewer periods per year. Since I've had no issues in the past, a hysterectomy would be considered "elective"..Well no issues till NOW.. 3 doctors and one urgent care visit later, I'm still bleeding. Its been 2mths none stop, to the point I've now become anemic. Extremely fatigue and no sex drive. I feel like I'm losing my mind and that no one understands how incredibly bad this is for me. Now I've got another appt with yet another doctor and hopefully she'll be able to get this under control.. Seriously explore ALL your options, and if you can avoid this medication..DO SO.. PLEASE save time and frustration. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION"

hboucher (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve only been on this medicine since January and I’ve recently experienced mood swings. I’ve been on 13 week birth control before and didn’t really go through depression. I changed from the shot this and I’m not really sure what I like better."

Sissy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm a 31 yr old female who started this bc mainly for easier periods as my tubes are tied. My periods are so heavy that I bleed through a thick pad and super or ultra tampon every hour. At first Ashlyna seemed ok. Well now I'm on my third package set of it and today is the day I quit these pills! With my first pack I bled the whole damn time. My period "placebo" week was horrific, more than my normal horrible periods. I ended up going to the ER because I bled through over 80 tampons in a week. One week. And I was clotting so bad. My gyn said hang on it'll get better. Well after 6 months of being on it and literally only having one week of no spotting the entire time I'm done! Here are the side effects that happened to me: weight gain of at least 15 lbs in 6 months. Always exhausted. No sex drive. I also have never had a yeast infection or bacterial infection until being on this medicine. Everyone gets affected differently so this is just my experience."

Steph February 22, 2018

For Birth Control "since I started the second pack I’ve been bleeding and horrible cramps for 12 days now and I’m bleeding really heavy which I never did previously, before a few daysof my period and that was it. I’m still taking the pills but so far I’m still bleeding. I’m not impressed with this pill so far I’d rather go back to having a normal period every month than this!!!"

Sandrajane February 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for almost 9 months now after being on a pill where I got my period every month for about 2 years. It worked fine at first, no spotting or weight gain (I think this was due to being on a different pill for so long). I did notice a slightly decreased libido but it wasn't too bad. My first period on this was TERRIBLE, the next was better but still not as easy as my old periods. It had been worth the slight discomfort for only 5 days every 13 weeks though. However, this month I've started spotting about two weeks before I'm due for my period. If it doesn't stop it's just not worth the money for me (my insurance only covers 2 packs a year so the other six months I have to pay a total of $440) The packaging also isn't the best but if you rip the months apart it helps"

Rachel M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Absolutely horrible! I have been on this for two months and have been bleeding for the past month! I'm going to stop taking it and hopefully everything will go back to normal"

Anonymous January 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst cramps and bleeding I've ever experienced with a birth control pill"

Dimples510 January 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I've taken seasonique, seasonale and one other generic. This was new- I had migraines, got my period in week three, felt just terrible and nauseous. Had to stop taking."

Bananabreadcat (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched about 3 months ago from the generic Lo Seasonique (3 month pill) to Ashlyna because of certain side effects. At first I was happy with this pill because those previous s/e went away almost instantly but for the past 3 days on the placebo I've had the worst cramping and heaviest period I've ever had. I went to the doctor a month ago for a checkup and also noticed I've gained 10 pounds...I've never gained weight on a birth control pill, safe to say I'm officially done with Ashlyna"

Lindsey94 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2018

For Birth Control "The packaging for this product is TERRIBLE! I have to push the pills out with a teaspoon to get them started on the plastic side (top) then, as the pill is starting to come out from the foil, I have to pick it the rest of the way with my fingernail. Please update your packaging. It is not able to be done with a bare fingertip as every other birth control pack I've tried in my life."

A B C D efg H i (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 23, 2017

For Birth Control "So I'll start off by saying that I use to be on Camrese (another generic of Seasonique). I use to get through my second month of pills & then I would spot for almost the entire 3rd month up until my period. Period weeks were short & sweet, but a downside was every couple months I would randomly get heavy cramping in the middle of the night. I am on my first pack of Ashlyna & so far it's been great. I am currently on my period week & only spotted for 2 days before my placebo week. I do get a little emotional, but it's the holidays too. I should be jumping for joy, but since this is my first pack I don't know how to feel that I've still only been basically spotting all week. I'll have to see where I'm at after a few more packs but so far so good"

epearl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this birth control because I had bad period cramps that would prevent me from going to school. When I went to my doctor she offered me a few options... The 3 month sounded the most appealing so I was prescribed ashlyna. Every thing went well for the first month then half way through the pack I started spotting and this went on for a week straight until it turned into an extremely heavy period to the point where I bled through a super tampon within a few hours then it lightened up after about a week but I was still spotting and I continued to spot on and off until I got to the placebo pills which I am taking now, my period is still extremely painful I'm going to try it for another 3 months and see if the symptoms continue."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2017

For Birth Control "Originally I was using a different brand but since getting switched to this.. I “spot” bleed all the time. I’m going off birth control after this pack .. since I'm due to have a period soon anyways. I’ve been bleeding for 3 months straight. I’m haven’t been sexually active for almost a year. Who needs it with all these side effects?"

Misha M December 9, 2017

For Birth Control "Four periods a year, clear skin, no bad side effects! I switched from Nuvaring to Ashlyna and have never been happier :)"

deemarie1990 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I've never bled so badly on a pill before. On my old generic, it was a normal amount. Now I've developed problems with anemia. My anxiety is worse. I've had an increase in paranoid feelings. I'm broken out like a teenager! I'm off this pill asap."

Agonized (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I currently have Nexplanon implanted and when I got it in, I had a light periods for 4 months straight. Since I only went on birth control to stop my hellish periods, this wasn't ideal. My doctor put me on a normal pill birth control (3 weeks of the pill, 1 week placebo). During the placebo week, my horrid periods were back so I told my doctor and that's when she prescribed me Ashlyna. I've been taking it for a month so far and everything has gone great. I've actually somehow managed to lose weight, there hasn't been any bleeding at all, and my mood seems to have improved (I used to get depressed during my period). Everyone responds different to medications but I would recommend Ashlyna."

Ab21js (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this for over a year and have had no side effects that I've noticed. I cut the packaging apart and carry a pack of 4 weeks with me in my purse so I think the packaging works fine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2017

For Birth Control "Absolute worst experience I’ve had with birth control. I switched from Trinessa to Ashlyna because of my horrible cramps, very heavy bleeding, and broken out skin. I was told that Ashlyna would make it so I’d only get my period every 3 months. I had my period for 6 months straight no breaks. I was also horribly depressed the entire time I was on this pill, and was ALWAYS exhausted considering how much I was bleeding. I finally returned to my doctor and she asked if I want to keep giving it a try?? After being on the pill from hell for a little over 6 months I immediately knew the answer was NO."

aleefoush November 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been taking this since July of this year, I just finished my first pack and started my second. I don't know if it's just coincidence or not but I haven't liked the side effects I have experienced. 1. Weight gain - overeating 2. constant spotting - daily for over a month 3. More irregular than I was before 4. I keep getting bacterial infections. I have not had any problems with infections at all until I started taking this."

OwlGal86 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2017

For Birth Control "I have 2 uterine fibroids and my periods are really heavy. I was put on this to manage the heavy bleeding. I have been using this for a year. The spotting has been horrible! Over a month straight of spotting. I always spot one to two months before I am supposes to have a cycle. My Dr. says to stay with it and it will stop...and a year later..... still spotting. Not to mention the weight gain! I have gained 15 pounds within the last year!! I hate it. I will be switching to try a different one."

Kstokes3 September 26, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control made me an emotional wreck. I took it for 2 weeks! The only thing that had changed in my life was taking this birth control. I turned into a immature sensitive baby. Also a VERY possessive person. I was very moody. My husband was walking on eggshells. The sound of him breathing would set me off. It was like a switch flipped. Anyone in my way, better RUN. I had asked my doctor for the Nuvaring, since having it before worked well for me. The pharmacy stated it was 640.!! That is how I came to this birth control. Spent 180 for 3 months supply of this to end up taking 2 weeks. I know that everyone responds differently to birth control. Just needed to share."

sb33 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017