User Reviews for Ashlyna

Birth Control
4.3

Summary of Ashlyna reviews 4.3 57 reviews

Reviews for Ashlyna

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about two years now and it's honestly the best I've had. I haven't gained weight from it and I only have a 3 day period every 3 months now. Before I experienced extremely heavy and painful periods. I highly recommend this medication."

Harleybird (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Ashlyna for about 9 months now and I've got to say that this is the best BC I've ever tried! I went through quite a few different brands in an effort to find one that worked more me but none of them would stop my period. I'd still get it during weird times while taking my active pills. My doctor finally tried me on Ashlyna and a love it! I get a very small amount of spotting every so once in a while but aside from that, no period! I've not experienced any weight gain and I feel like it's really helped to stabilize my moods and prevent acne too! Wish I had found this birth control a long time ago because it is AMAZING!!!"

Sariers (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Wow this birth control was the worst kind I have ever been on. From my previous experiences I’ve never actually had a birth control that made me gain weight (although it wasn’t excessive) it was still something I didn’t want to happen. And that’s for someone who’s eats clean and works out almost everyday. Besides this my emotions were bouncing off the wall. I think by far the worst side effect was the constant breakthrough bleeding which is why I ultimately decided to change. Do not take this pill please look for other options"

Nessapint (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Tried this birth control for 3 months and in months 2 and 3 had horrible break-through bleeding after sex. My doctor told me many women had this same problem and switched me off it immediately!"

Rin (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

For Birth Control "After so many different birth controls to assist my iron deficiency and finally end my insanely heavy and long periods, I finally had been prescribed Ashlyna. This birth control is the best that I've tried and I've tried a lot of the pills. I only get a period every three months and it's always small and minimal. It helps with acne and I didn't gain weight!"

Kellswagg (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 25, 2018

For Birth Control "Okay so at first I really liked this birth control. Before taking it, I didn’t have a period for 4 months mind you, when I started my 3rd tray I started spotting and I eventually got my period. Then I continued spotting and as I reached my yellow pills I got the heaviest period ever. I got a refill and it is camrese. I don’t know the effects of that one yet because I’m still on my yellow pills for ashlyna. But I’m gonna keep an open mind. If my period doesn’t go away/if I continue to spot I’m gonna go to the emergency room. I can’t say I love this medication, and I can’t say I hate it either. I don’t like it because it’s really screwing up my cycle. I hope it works itself out."

remnoramona (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control started off fine but after a month of being on it I had awful dark brown discharge that eventually turned into bleeding. I bled for nearly two months and then started my period and had a much heavier flow and major cramps and bloating. I also became more prone to migraines & extreme headaches after drinking any amount of coffee. However, I didn’t gain weight on this pill, nor did I have any nausea problems. When I was on my period while on this pill, I did feel foggy and dizzy at times. My doctor took me off this pill after 3 months."

iod2397 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Birth Control "So far I have been feeling good in this pill. It’s the very first form of birth control I have ever taken. I haven’t had no spotting or bad side effects. The only thing that bothered me were that my breast were really tender/sore for quite a few days but that went away. I’ve only taken it for 3 months and I’m about to start the yellow pills. I don’t know how my period will be but if I can edit this review I’ll keep y’all posted."

CV (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I loved this birth control. I’ve been on it for four months with break through bleeding the second month twice and haven’t bleed since. I skipped the placebo pills also.. the only problem I have is the packaging!! It’s so hard to get them out it’s ridiculous!"

Nikki (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve got to say I read these reviews and was scared to death to try this birth control. My doctor prescribed it to me as my first birth control pill to try. I’m sure happy she did! I’ve had no side effects from this pill and have been using it perfectly. My long term boyfriend has ejaculated a couple times in me since I’ve been on this pill for a couple months. (Although I only let him since we are both clean and have been together for almost 3 years). It works great as a pregnancy protector and to get rid of awful side effects from your period. The side effects I used to have from my period were terrible anal pains. That did not help since I also have IBS. This pill has helped me so much! I’m very thankful it works well with me."

Hey lol (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve only been taking Ashlyna for about a month and a half. I’ve had a few bouts of extreme dizziness and nausea preventing me from leaving the house (didn’t think it would be wise to drive nor could I properly socialize). My breasts have gotten increasingly sore and I think they’ve gotten a little bigger (which at a 32G is quite annoying but to others perhaps not). If I don’t eat properly and or don't have a large meal, I get sooo hungry I get dizzy and nauseous. I’ve gained a couple pounds, but I also haven’t been working out as much. I woke up tonight with an elevated heart rate and feeling nauseous. Like others I feel overly tired even though I usually make it to bed before 11, but I can barely make it out of bed in the morning at 9 or 10. I originally started this as my periods were getting really bad, I wanted another option to control my acne and peace of mind for sex. I’ll probably keep taking this but if the nausea and dizziness doesn’t go away I might try to switch"

alana810 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For Birth Control "This medication made me incredibly depressed and down, uninterested in life, depressed, and very anxious. I had no sex drive. My vagina was completely dry. It was an awful experience for me. I had to stop taking it and switch to another generic due to these side effects because I was at the lowest I had ever been"

Syd (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Birth Control "The pros for me is that I have not had a cycle since taking Ashlyna. The down side is I have put on a lot of weight and have no sex drive and very moody. I'm switching because this weight gain is too much for me to bear"

Mommy7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I came to Ashlyna from Depo, which also gave me horrible side effects. Ashlyna has given me abnormal spotting daily for months. I get killing migraines that last for days even with medication. I originally had gained 20lbs when I first started taking it. I've been on it for a year and I'm done. I get horrible mood swings and cramping like I've never ever had before. I no longer get periods at all, but still the spotting and horrible pain. I have no sex drive what so ever. I have had 2 bacteria infections while being on it, never once had one before. This sounded great at first, but it honestly isn't worth it if I have to be in pain all day.."

Alaskachick2018 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 27, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control pill ever. I bled for months and lost so much blood. I've had mood swings, depression and have been miserable!!! These pills should not be on the market! They will make your life a living hell"

Jonesa84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Was on it for about 2 months and during that time I had mild cramping, weight gain, and bloating. As I continued it I began to notice terrible mood swings, increased depression, increased anxiety, and migraine headaches. I wanted to try and stick it out for a few more months to see if the side affects would gradually go away but I honestly don't think it's worth the increased depression and mood swings. I do not recommend this."

Ally May 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I am a dumb person and stopped taking birth control because I have PCOS and don’t have a period or anything unless I’m on birth control. I starting dating this guy and and wanted to get back on birth control, but didn’t want to bleed every month, so my dr recommended Ashlyna. It was fine for the first month, and then around the middle of the second month, I started bleeding a little. I bled for over a month straight and had horrible cramps, even though I had never experienced cramps or any period symptoms before. I also went through like 10+ super plus tampons a day and had to wear pads at the same time. After I bled for so long, I was told to double up on the pill to stop the bleeding, but I ran out early and my insurance wouldn’t cover me to refill. In order to avoid that from happening again, my Dr suggested for me to stop taking anything for a week, and then start a generic pack. Now I bleed every month, but it’s better than the alternative."

Lauren April 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Omgoodness! I loved this birth control. I’m used to extremely heavy gruesome periods and this definitely tamed them down. Love the period every 3 months. HOWEVER! I have gained over 30 POUNDS in the 5 months I’ve been taking it. I have never ever been this heavy. I do not over eat, I don’t even eat very much. My doctor said it most definitely is from this birth control. I’d rather be over weight than pregnant but I’m switching immediately. I’m 30 and have been on birth control for 15 years. I have never experienced weight gain from birth control before. Bye Ashlyna!"

Bre (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 43yrs old and was looking for fewer periods per year. Since I've had no issues in the past, a hysterectomy would be considered "elective"..Well no issues till NOW.. 3 doctors and one urgent care visit later, I'm still bleeding. Its been 2mths none stop, to the point I've now become anemic. Extremely fatigue and no sex drive. I feel like I'm losing my mind and that no one understands how incredibly bad this is for me. Now I've got another appt with yet another doctor and hopefully she'll be able to get this under control.. Seriously explore ALL your options, and if you can avoid this medication..DO SO.. PLEASE save time and frustration. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION"

hboucher (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve only been on this medicine since January and I’ve recently experienced mood swings. I’ve been on 13 week birth control before and didn’t really go through depression. I changed from the shot this and I’m not really sure what I like better."

Sissy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm a 31 yr old female who started this bc mainly for easier periods as my tubes are tied. My periods are so heavy that I bleed through a thick pad and super or ultra tampon every hour. At first Ashlyna seemed ok. Well now I'm on my third package set of it and today is the day I quit these pills! With my first pack I bled the whole damn time. My period "placebo" week was horrific, more than my normal horrible periods. I ended up going to the ER because I bled through over 80 tampons in a week. One week. And I was clotting so bad. My gyn said hang on it'll get better. Well after 6 months of being on it and literally only having one week of no spotting the entire time I'm done! Here are the side effects that happened to me: weight gain of at least 15 lbs in 6 months. Always exhausted. No sex drive. I also have never had a yeast infection or bacterial infection until being on this medicine. Everyone gets affected differently so this is just my experience."

Steph February 22, 2018

For Birth Control "since I started the second pack I’ve been bleeding and horrible cramps for 12 days now and I’m bleeding really heavy which I never did previously, before a few daysof my period and that was it. I’m still taking the pills but so far I’m still bleeding. I’m not impressed with this pill so far I’d rather go back to having a normal period every month than this!!!"

Sandrajane February 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for almost 9 months now after being on a pill where I got my period every month for about 2 years. It worked fine at first, no spotting or weight gain (I think this was due to being on a different pill for so long). I did notice a slightly decreased libido but it wasn't too bad. My first period on this was TERRIBLE, the next was better but still not as easy as my old periods. It had been worth the slight discomfort for only 5 days every 13 weeks though. However, this month I've started spotting about two weeks before I'm due for my period. If it doesn't stop it's just not worth the money for me (my insurance only covers 2 packs a year so the other six months I have to pay a total of $440) The packaging also isn't the best but if you rip the months apart it helps"

Rachel M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Absolutely horrible! I have been on this for two months and have been bleeding for the past month! I'm going to stop taking it and hopefully everything will go back to normal"

Anonymous January 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst cramps and bleeding I've ever experienced with a birth control pill"

Dimples510 January 20, 2018

Page 1 2 3

More about Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Aviane, Seasonique, Alesse, Lutera, ... +42 more