User Reviews for Ashlyna

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ashlyna.

Birth Control
4.3

Summary of Ashlyna reviews 4.3 36 reviews

Reviews for Ashlyna

For Birth Control "since I started the second pack I’ve been bleeding and horrible cramps for 12 days now and I’m bleeding really heavy which I never did previously, before a few daysof my period and that was it. I’m still taking the pills but so far I’m still bleeding. I’m not impressed with this pill so far I’d rather go back to having a normal period every month than this!!!"

Sandrajane February 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for almost 9 months now after being on a pill where I got my period every month for about 2 years. It worked fine at first, no spotting or weight gain (I think this was due to being on a different pill for so long). I did notice a slightly decreased libido but it wasn't too bad. My first period on this was TERRIBLE, the next was better but still not as easy as my old periods. It had been worth the slight discomfort for only 5 days every 13 weeks though. However, this month I've started spotting about two weeks before I'm due for my period. If it doesn't stop it's just not worth the money for me (my insurance only covers 2 packs a year so the other six months I have to pay a total of $440) The packaging also isn't the best but if you rip the months apart it helps"

Rachel M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Absolutely horrible! I have been on this for two months and have been bleeding for the past month! I'm going to stop taking it and hopefully everything will go back to normal"

Anonymous January 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst cramps and bleeding I've ever experienced with a birth control pill"

Dimples510 January 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I've taken seasonique, seasonale and one other generic. This was new- I had migraines, got my period in week three, felt just terrible and nauseous. Had to stop taking."

Bananabreadcat (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched about 3 months ago from the generic Lo Seasonique (3 month pill) to Ashlyna because of certain side effects. At first I was happy with this pill because those previous s/e went away almost instantly but for the past 3 days on the placebo I've had the worst cramping and heaviest period I've ever had. I went to the doctor a month ago for a checkup and also noticed I've gained 10 pounds...I've never gained weight on a birth control pill, safe to say I'm officially done with Ashlyna"

Lindsey94 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2018

For Birth Control "The packaging for this product is TERRIBLE! I have to push the pills out with a teaspoon to get them started on the plastic side (top) then, as the pill is starting to come out from the foil, I have to pick it the rest of the way with my fingernail. Please update your packaging. It is not able to be done with a bare fingertip as every other birth control pack I've tried in my life."

A B C D efg H i (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 23, 2017

For Birth Control "So I'll start off by saying that I use to be on Camrese (another generic of Seasonique). I use to get through my second month of pills & then I would spot for almost the entire 3rd month up until my period. Period weeks were short & sweet, but a downside was every couple months I would randomly get heavy cramping in the middle of the night. I am on my first pack of Ashlyna & so far it's been great. I am currently on my period week & only spotted for 2 days before my placebo week. I do get a little emotional, but it's the holidays too. I should be jumping for joy, but since this is my first pack I don't know how to feel that I've still only been basically spotting all week. I'll have to see where I'm at after a few more packs but so far so good"

epearl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this birth control because I had bad period cramps that would prevent me from going to school. When I went to my doctor she offered me a few options... The 3 month sounded the most appealing so I was prescribed ashlyna. Every thing went well for the first month then half way through the pack I started spotting and this went on for a week straight until it turned into an extremely heavy period to the point where I bled through a super tampon within a few hours then it lightened up after about a week but I was still spotting and I continued to spot on and off until I got to the placebo pills which I am taking now, my period is still extremely painful I'm going to try it for another 3 months and see if the symptoms continue."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2017

For Birth Control "Originally I was using a different brand but since getting switched to this.. I “spot” bleed all the time. I’m going off birth control after this pack .. since I'm due to have a period soon anyways. I’ve been bleeding for 3 months straight. I’m haven’t been sexually active for almost a year. Who needs it with all these side effects?"

Misha M December 9, 2017

For Birth Control "Four periods a year, clear skin, no bad side effects! I switched from Nuvaring to Ashlyna and have never been happier :)"

deemarie1990 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I've never bled so badly on a pill before. On my old generic, it was a normal amount. Now I've developed problems with anemia. My anxiety is worse. I've had an increase in paranoid feelings. I'm broken out like a teenager! I'm off this pill asap."

Agonized (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I currently have Nexplanon implanted and when I got it in, I had a light periods for 4 months straight. Since I only went on birth control to stop my hellish periods, this wasn't ideal. My doctor put me on a normal pill birth control (3 weeks of the pill, 1 week placebo). During the placebo week, my horrid periods were back so I told my doctor and that's when she prescribed me Ashlyna. I've been taking it for a month so far and everything has gone great. I've actually somehow managed to lose weight, there hasn't been any bleeding at all, and my mood seems to have improved (I used to get depressed during my period). Everyone responds different to medications but I would recommend Ashlyna."

Ab21js (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this for over a year and have had no side effects that I've noticed. I cut the packaging apart and carry a pack of 4 weeks with me in my purse so I think the packaging works fine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2017

For Birth Control "Absolute worst experience I’ve had with birth control. I switched from Trinessa to Ashlyna because of my horrible cramps, very heavy bleeding, and broken out skin. I was told that Ashlyna would make it so I’d only get my period every 3 months. I had my period for 6 months straight no breaks. I was also horribly depressed the entire time I was on this pill, and was ALWAYS exhausted considering how much I was bleeding. I finally returned to my doctor and she asked if I want to keep giving it a try?? After being on the pill from hell for a little over 6 months I immediately knew the answer was NO."

aleefoush November 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been taking this since July of this year, I just finished my first pack and started my second. I don't know if it's just coincidence or not but I haven't liked the side effects I have experienced. 1. Weight gain - overeating 2. constant spotting - daily for over a month 3. More irregular than I was before 4. I keep getting bacterial infections. I have not had any problems with infections at all until I started taking this."

OwlGal86 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2017

For Birth Control "I have 2 uterine fibroids and my periods are really heavy. I was put on this to manage the heavy bleeding. I have been using this for a year. The spotting has been horrible! Over a month straight of spotting. I always spot one to two months before I am supposes to have a cycle. My Dr. says to stay with it and it will stop...and a year later..... still spotting. Not to mention the weight gain! I have gained 15 pounds within the last year!! I hate it. I will be switching to try a different one."

Kstokes3 September 26, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control made me an emotional wreck. I took it for 2 weeks! The only thing that had changed in my life was taking this birth control. I turned into a immature sensitive baby. Also a VERY possessive person. I was very moody. My husband was walking on eggshells. The sound of him breathing would set me off. It was like a switch flipped. Anyone in my way, better RUN. I had asked my doctor for the Nuvaring, since having it before worked well for me. The pharmacy stated it was 640.!! That is how I came to this birth control. Spent 180 for 3 months supply of this to end up taking 2 weeks. I know that everyone responds differently to birth control. Just needed to share."

sb33 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

For Birth Control "I know birth control affects everyone differently. And I happy for the people who enjoyed this birth control. But I did not. I was placed on this to manage my endometriosis. When I started taking it, the first two weeks were constant crying and shaking from my anxiety sky rocketing. It slowly adjusted but still had panic attacks and my depression got worse. All of my physical problems went away. But it made my emotional and mental issues MUCH worse. By the 3rd month I was mostly adjusted and starting to feel like myself again... until I took the pills for my period... Then it started all over again!!! I decided to stop taking them. And my body is still adjusting after almost two months. I would MUCH rather deal with the physical pain."

Queenie33333 August 16, 2017

For Birth Control "Okay so I actually just started this, I was fine the first two months. I just started the last month before I start my period, and now I'm spotting really bad and it was scaring me at first but reading everyone else's kinda made it easier... could it just be that fact that I'm on the last month or could it be something bad wrong?"

Amber_ July 4, 2017

For Birth Control "First off I'll start by saying that not everyone is the same so this BC will obviously react differently to different people, buying birth control is simply a game where you have to try them all to find one that truly works how you want. So I'm on my 2nd week of this and so far so good! I've had no bleeding, very mild cramps nothing that I can't handle. My main reason for being on BC is obviously not to get pregnant but I have ALWAYS had ridiculous periods. Most of the time I pass out at least 1 time during my cycle, due to cramps so the cramps I've experienced while taking this haven't been nearly as bad as the ones I've experienced so over all super excited about that. Packaging is kinda bulky but I have a big purse so no worries!"

td518 May 9, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control is horrible . I was only taking it for 3 weeks and my period came right back and it's heavier than it normally is . Like way heavier and usually my periods are light. I hate this birth control I hate it ! Not only that my cramps are way worse too . Preventing me to be able to get up for school or work . "

SeverePain_KeepSane (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this 13 week birth control for 2 years now and have had no issues. My first pack did come with some irregular spotting, however after my second pack the spotting disappeared, and I have a regular period every 13 weeks as expected. I've gone through 3 other varieties of birth control that left me spotting no matter how long I took them, but this birth control actually works for me. I have very painful cramps and a heavy flow, but it has reduced the mere 4 periods that I do have a year to very light and painless ones. Only downside is my insurance doesn't cover it and it's crazy expensive, but I'm at least happy it exists at all."

Heavy Flow Girl April 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I experienced dry mouth the first week of taking Ashlyna. I am on week 9 currently and have not experienced any issues and find this birth control to work extremely well with my body. I originally went on this Pill to assist with headaches experienced when premenstrual, the headaches have competed stopped and am pleased overall with no lasting side effects."

ArizonaMegs March 27, 2017

For Birth Control "I have never been a fan of Birth Control Pills. However, due to major cramps my Dr. suggested this method to regulate and easy my period pain. I was prescribed Daisy but the pharmacy end up giving me Ashlyna instead. I have the 3 mos, lowest dose pills. The 1st month my period came normal and NO PAIN. But unfortunately for the second month which I am currently under ( only 3 pills left) I have been with my period for a month. No major cramps or heavy bleeding, but I have been using panty liners for the entire time. Very light period but I am tired of bleeding. I feel weaker and swollen. I don't drink water as I should. However, I've noticed I am retaining too much liquid ever since I started these pills. Will give it time to see if it works"

Still Clueless (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2017

More about Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Aviane, Alesse, Lutera, Levora, ... +40 more