User Reviews for Ashlyna

Birth Control 11 reviews 295 medications

3.1
Summary of Ashlyna reviews 11 reviews 3.1

Reviews for Ashlyna

For Birth Control "I'm on week 11 of my pack. Started off fine with no spotting. I have now been spotting with no break for the past 3 weeks. I have to wear a pantyliner everyday. Also the packaging on this brand is horrible!"

Ambyular82 February 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I started taking Ashlyna for bad cramps. Within 4 days I had horrible bloat AND gas pains. I stopped the pill after 4 days. This was 5 days ago, I am still having stomach issues and just got my period again after finishing it a week ago. This is a heavy one with horrendous cramps. Not worth it."

Inpainjd83 January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control for about 8 years for heavy bleeding. I also have depression, which is under control with other meds, and I also have Multiple Sclerosis. I have been on this for a month. I have breakthrough bleeding, increased depression and significant increased incontinence. As a 26 year old, peeing your pants fully, is more than an embarrassment."

Melz90 January 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on this type of birth control for years now, but this brand is one that I have asked my pharmacy not to give me again. For some reason, they recently started carrying this generic rather than the Amethia that I have been taking for several years. The packaging is awful! It doesn't stay closed, and getting the pills out of the blister packs is difficult."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 5 and 1/2 months. The first pack was alright, I had a little breakthrough bleeding for about a week but it stopped and then I had a very nice and light period when it came to the end of the pack. However, since I have started my 2nd pack, I have been on my period nonstop since week 4... it is now week 11. Another fun side effect I found is that I have gained a ton of weight. Needless to say, I'm switching birth controls."

kc1218 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I am currently on the last week of the 2nd month of the Ashlyna (Seasonique) brand of this. As far as periods go, I haven't had any bleeding and this is working great for that. However, since I've started this brand I have gained a ton of weight. I am on other medication for depression, but I've been on that for over a year so the birth control definitely isn't helping. I would make sure to take in account weight gain this may cause before deciding on this particular brand."

Lotsoftries (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on 3 month birth control for 8 years. I have had various brand based on availability at various pharmacies. This is the first time I've had this brand I will specifically ask to never get it again. The packaging is HORRIBLE. It doesnt stay folded or compact (god forbid anyone on this pill travel or have to pack it away discreetly). I have never had this problem with any other generic brands. The pills are also hard to get out since there is no firm leverage against the cardboard. One would think that for medication costing $200 (if no insurance) a reasonable package could be included. Lastly, the package says 'keep out of sumlight'. Well that is difficult when there is no way of folding the package and keeping it compact."

Grown adult with Cardboard (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 31, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on the three month no period, one week of period form of this medication for approximately 3 weeks. It was prescribed by my doctor to help with the extreme cramps and various symptoms I get during my period in spite of me being a smoker. In the last week or so, I have been noting several worrying side effects and I am not sure that I will continue this medication. My heart rate is increased from a good, normal range to almost always high (high 80s-125 resting). I wake up at night to swollen, tingly hands and have difficulty sleeping. Tired frequently. Today I had to go to urgent care because of one of the worst pains I've ever had in my stomach area, may or may not be related but I read something about it on this site."

Anonymous August 1, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I'm going on my 3rd week taking this and for me it has caused, In the first week or two, a lowered libido (sex drive) and vaginal dryness.. and I'm 16!! even when I'm with my bf and I'm turned on, I'm not even really wet at all.. and this causes irritating and painful sex unless you have lube. Before this I had no problem getting wet. This is the first brith control I've ever been on so I don't know if all this is supposed to go away after a couple or few months but honestly I don't think it's worth it. I've also been experiencing breast tenderness (usually in the morning, it feels like I'm going through puberty all over again lol) perhaps and little bit of breast enlargement (which hey, I'm not complaining about) and abit of mood swings"

Sabie (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "Started taking this pill due to the severe cramps I suffer when I do have my period. Started the pill Sunday following the start of my period and I m bleeding heavy again with cramps. I felt the nausea and vomiting. I'm not comfortable with the side affects. I'm not a damn Guinea pig. Done"

Cristaliiiiiii June 18, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on this for like 3 days so I have no feedback as to how it actually works, BUT the packaging in which it comes in is freaking terrible. Every time I try to pop a pill out, the packaging rips. I'm purely leaving this review in the hopes that someone at Glenmark sees it and does something about it. Seriously. It is virtually non-functional."

suprach (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

More about Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Aviane, Lutera, Levora, Seasonique, More... (31)

Professional resources