User Reviews for Ashlyna

Learn more about Ashlyna.

Birth Control 20 reviews 300 medications

4.1
Summary of Ashlyna reviews 20 reviews 4.1

Reviews for Ashlyna

For Birth Control "I have 2 uterine fibroids and my periods are really heavy. I was put on this to manage the heavy bleeding. I have been using this for a year. The spotting has been horrible! Over a month straight of spotting. I always spot one to two months before I am supposes to have a cycle. My Dr. says to stay with it and it will stop...and a year later..... still spotting. Not to mention the weight gain! I have gained 15 pounds within the last year!! I hate it. I will be switching to try a different one."

Kstokes3 September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control made me an emotional wreck. I took it for 2 weeks! The only thing that had changed in my life was taking this birth control. I turned into a immature sensitive baby. Also a VERY possessive person. I was very moody. My husband was walking on eggshells. The sound of him breathing would set me off. It was like a switch flipped. Anyone in my way, better RUN. I had asked my doctor for the Nuvaring, since having it before worked well for me. The pharmacy stated it was 640.!! That is how I came to this birth control. Spent 180 for 3 months supply of this to end up taking 2 weeks. I know that everyone responds differently to birth control. Just needed to share."

sb33 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I know birth control affects everyone differently. And I happy for the people who enjoyed this birth control. But I did not. I was placed on this to manage my endometriosis. When I started taking it, the first two weeks were constant crying and shaking from my anxiety sky rocketing. It slowly adjusted but still had panic attacks and my depression got worse. All of my physical problems went away. But it made my emotional and mental issues MUCH worse. By the 3rd month I was mostly adjusted and starting to feel like myself again... until I took the pills for my period... Then it started all over again!!! I decided to stop taking them. And my body is still adjusting after almost two months. I would MUCH rather deal with the physical pain."

Queenie33333 August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Okay so I actually just started this, I was fine the first two months. I just started the last month before I start my period, and now I'm spotting really bad and it was scaring me at first but reading everyone else's kinda made it easier... could it just be that fact that I'm on the last month or could it be something bad wrong?"

Amber_ July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "First off I'll start by saying that not everyone is the same so this BC will obviously react differently to different people, buying birth control is simply a game where you have to try them all to find one that truly works how you want. So I'm on my 2nd week of this and so far so good! I've had no bleeding, very mild cramps nothing that I can't handle. My main reason for being on BC is obviously not to get pregnant but I have ALWAYS had ridiculous periods. Most of the time I pass out at least 1 time during my cycle, due to cramps so the cramps I've experienced while taking this haven't been nearly as bad as the ones I've experienced so over all super excited about that. Packaging is kinda bulky but I have a big purse so no worries!"

td518 May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control is horrible . I was only taking it for 3 weeks and my period came right back and it's heavier than it normally is . Like way heavier and usually my periods are light. I hate this birth control I hate it ! Not only that my cramps are way worse too . Preventing me to be able to get up for school or work . "

SeverePain_KeepSane (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this 13 week birth control for 2 years now and have had no issues. My first pack did come with some irregular spotting, however after my second pack the spotting disappeared, and I have a regular period every 13 weeks as expected. I've gone through 3 other varieties of birth control that left me spotting no matter how long I took them, but this birth control actually works for me. I have very painful cramps and a heavy flow, but it has reduced the mere 4 periods that I do have a year to very light and painless ones. Only downside is my insurance doesn't cover it and it's crazy expensive, but I'm at least happy it exists at all."

Heavy Flow Girl April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I experienced dry mouth the first week of taking Ashlyna. I am on week 9 currently and have not experienced any issues and find this birth control to work extremely well with my body. I originally went on this Pill to assist with headaches experienced when premenstrual, the headaches have competed stopped and am pleased overall with no lasting side effects."

ArizonaMegs March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have never been a fan of Birth Control Pills. However, due to major cramps my Dr. suggested this method to regulate and easy my period pain. I was prescribed Daisy but the pharmacy end up giving me Ashlyna instead. I have the 3 mos, lowest dose pills. The 1st month my period came normal and NO PAIN. But unfortunately for the second month which I am currently under ( only 3 pills left) I have been with my period for a month. No major cramps or heavy bleeding, but I have been using panty liners for the entire time. Very light period but I am tired of bleeding. I feel weaker and swollen. I don't drink water as I should. However, I've noticed I am retaining too much liquid ever since I started these pills. Will give it time to see if it works"

Still Clueless (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on week 11 of my pack. Started off fine with no spotting. I have now been spotting with no break for the past 3 weeks. I have to wear a pantyliner everyday. Also the packaging on this brand is horrible!"

Ambyular82 February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Ashlyna for bad cramps. Within 4 days I had horrible bloat AND gas pains. I stopped the pill after 4 days. This was 5 days ago, I am still having stomach issues and just got my period again after finishing it a week ago. This is a heavy one with horrendous cramps. Not worth it."

Inpainjd83 January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control for about 8 years for heavy bleeding. I also have depression, which is under control with other meds, and I also have Multiple Sclerosis. I have been on this for a month. I have breakthrough bleeding, increased depression and significant increased incontinence. As a 26 year old, peeing your pants fully, is more than an embarrassment."

Melz90 January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this type of birth control for years now, but this brand is one that I have asked my pharmacy not to give me again. For some reason, they recently started carrying this generic rather than the Amethia that I have been taking for several years. The packaging is awful! It doesn't stay closed, and getting the pills out of the blister packs is difficult."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 5 and 1/2 months. The first pack was alright, I had a little breakthrough bleeding for about a week but it stopped and then I had a very nice and light period when it came to the end of the pack. However, since I have started my 2nd pack, I have been on my period nonstop since week 4... it is now week 11. Another fun side effect I found is that I have gained a ton of weight. Needless to say, I'm switching birth controls."

kc1218 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am currently on the last week of the 2nd month of the Ashlyna (Seasonique) brand of this. As far as periods go, I haven't had any bleeding and this is working great for that. However, since I've started this brand I have gained a ton of weight. I am on other medication for depression, but I've been on that for over a year so the birth control definitely isn't helping. I would make sure to take in account weight gain this may cause before deciding on this particular brand."

Lotsoftries (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on 3 month birth control for 8 years. I have had various brand based on availability at various pharmacies. This is the first time I've had this brand I will specifically ask to never get it again. The packaging is HORRIBLE. It doesnt stay folded or compact (god forbid anyone on this pill travel or have to pack it away discreetly). I have never had this problem with any other generic brands. The pills are also hard to get out since there is no firm leverage against the cardboard. One would think that for medication costing $200 (if no insurance) a reasonable package could be included. Lastly, the package says 'keep out of sumlight'. Well that is difficult when there is no way of folding the package and keeping it compact."

Grown adult with Cardboard (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on the three month no period, one week of period form of this medication for approximately 3 weeks. It was prescribed by my doctor to help with the extreme cramps and various symptoms I get during my period in spite of me being a smoker. In the last week or so, I have been noting several worrying side effects and I am not sure that I will continue this medication. My heart rate is increased from a good, normal range to almost always high (high 80s-125 resting). I wake up at night to swollen, tingly hands and have difficulty sleeping. Tired frequently. Today I had to go to urgent care because of one of the worst pains I've ever had in my stomach area, may or may not be related but I read something about it on this site."

Anonymous August 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm going on my 3rd week taking this and for me it has caused, In the first week or two, a lowered libido (sex drive) and vaginal dryness.. and I'm 16!! even when I'm with my bf and I'm turned on, I'm not even really wet at all.. and this causes irritating and painful sex unless you have lube. Before this I had no problem getting wet. This is the first brith control I've ever been on so I don't know if all this is supposed to go away after a couple or few months but honestly I don't think it's worth it. I've also been experiencing breast tenderness (usually in the morning, it feels like I'm going through puberty all over again lol) perhaps and little bit of breast enlargement (which hey, I'm not complaining about) and abit of mood swings"

Sabie (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Started taking this pill due to the severe cramps I suffer when I do have my period. Started the pill Sunday following the start of my period and I m bleeding heavy again with cramps. I felt the nausea and vomiting. I'm not comfortable with the side affects. I'm not a damn Guinea pig. Done"

Cristaliiiiiii June 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this for like 3 days so I have no feedback as to how it actually works, BUT the packaging in which it comes in is freaking terrible. Every time I try to pop a pill out, the packaging rips. I'm purely leaving this review in the hopes that someone at Glenmark sees it and does something about it. Seriously. It is virtually non-functional."

suprach (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

More about Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands: Aviane, Lutera, Levora, Seasonique, ... +38 more