User Reviews for Ashlyna to treat Birth Control

Ashlyna has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 130 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 29% of those users who reviewed Ashlyna reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Ashlyna Rating Summary

4.6/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ashlyna

jennav07 · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 2, 2021

“I have noticed little to no side effects since being on this birth control pill for over 5 years. Of course I experienced the usual headaches and occasional breakouts, but there was one side effect that frustrated me the most. I assumed that after being on this pill for 5 years, my body would’ve adjusted to it by now. However, about 2 weeks leading up to my period, I experience heavy spotting every day. It’s very frustrating to me because when this happens it seems like my period lasts for 3 weeks. I’m very religious about taking my pills every day at the same time, so I think it’s time for a change in my birth control. Other than that, I was very pleased with Ashlyna!”

SoOverIt96 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 24, 2021

“Almost a year later and I'm still getting a period despite continuously taking the pill. If I continue taking the pill when my period starts, I will bleed until I stop taking it. I have literally bled for a month continuously multiple times while on this. I will take one more round of it and then give up.”

asiaa123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2021

“I always had awful periods; before trying this birth control I was on Sprintec for 2 years. It got to where it wouldn’t even phase my 8 day periods. My acne also got awful, even on my shoulders, chest, and back. The first month of trying Ashlyna, my mood was awful for about a 2 weeks, and my acne was terrible. I had cystic bumps on my chin and my shoulders was covered in bumps. I am now on my second pack & my acne has completely disappeared on my shoulders and back. My face is also extremely clear. I have gained no weight & my mood has improved drastically! Definitely don’t give up on it, it has worked wonders for me. It’s also a plus not having horrid periods every month.”

Riley · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 9, 2019

“I’ve been on this pill for almost 2 years now , I love it ! I used to get very BAD , HORRIBLE period & I couldn’t stand it at all . I need something that wouldn’t give me my period or gave it to me every 3 months! So I got on Ashlyna! I haven’t gotten my period in 2 YEARS! Yayyyy!!!! Haha but don’t let people scare you , this pill works AMAZING!!! If you have Heavy painful periods I Would GET ON THIS PILL ASAP! ❤️ I hope this helped you girllyssss out”

Kay’dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 28, 2020

“I’m reading the comments and everyone body is different. I highly recommend. I was on Tri Cylen before it made me super depressed I could never gain any weight then my doctor switched me to Lo Seasonique. Everything went fine with that BC then my pharmacist/ insurance changed it to Ashylna. I gained the healthy weight I needed. No breakthroughs bleeding unless I skip multiple pills. No depression but slight mood swings, but hey we’re girls, that happens every once in awhile. Don’t let this comment discourage you. Try it for yourself! I LOVE THIS BC!”

Niki · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 18, 2020

“I've been on Ashlyna for 2 years. You have to give it 6 months for the break through bleeding to stop and for your hormones to level out, that's with ANY birth control. I still am currently on it and enjoy it very much. I skip the placebo pills so I don't have a period”

Ashley · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2019

“This works WONDERS! I have extremely heavy periods and every birth control I took did barely anything, I would constantly spot. So my doctor put me on Ashlyna and I haven’t had my period since!!!! It’s AMAZING! To all the people who say this pill is “horrible” it’s just not meant for your body.”

birthcontrolbabe February 15, 2020

“ashlyna was my first experience with birth control and I was looking forward to having my period every 3 months. The first 2 months on the pill, everything was great! Some mood swings but no spotting, maintained my weight and no change in skin quality. but about 2/3 into the pack. I started spotting daily. Along with the several weeks of spotting, my sex drive decreased drastically. during the placebo week, my period was relatively normal and lasted 3-4 days. When I started my second pack it was similar to the first where I was completely fine for about 1.5 months, then the spotting started again. However after 2 weeks of spotting, I began to bleed heavily to the point where I would fill pads/tampons within a few hours. I also passed blood clots every day. Obviously this was concerning and I made and appointment to see my doctor ASAP! That will be in the next week or two. I have never stopped taking the pill and have been on schedule every day for the past 6 months.”

Bran April 2, 2021

“I use this birth control on and off for the past 3 years. Mostly because I want to skip my period but when I start getting the bad side affects I stop taking them for months. The worst side effect is the anxiety and weight gain. I feel like I always am hungry, 2 months of taking them I’ve gained 10 pounds. It makes me crave stuff like when I was pregnant. The other side effect is that every time I'm finishing a pack ( when I’m supposed to get my period) I have the worst PMS symptoms. I get dizzy and tired and want to vomit. It’s just the worst 3 days. Last time I stopped taking them fur 2 days I had my period on and off for 4 weeks. I’m getting off this pill today after reading the reviews constant with my experience.”

Cc10 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2018

“Last week I finished my first pack of Ashlyna, and am now on my second. Don’t let these reviews scare you, I let them get to me and it made me so nervous to start this pill three months ago. Keep in mind most people write reviews when they have a bad experience... yes, there were side effects at first, I had bad mood swings, and nausea, dizziness, light spotting and breakouts during the first couple weeks but that’s just the body adjusting to the new medication. I talked to my doctor and she said to try and finish out the pack. I’m so glad I did because when I started the second month all those side effects pretty much disappeared and I didn’t see a period until I was got to the sugar pills. If you just started this pill or are about to start try giving it a few weeks for your body to adjust, don’t give up on it right away!”

arcy · Taken for 10 years or more September 18, 2019

“I loved this birth control. I was on it for over 10 years. It never made me sick like the others and scheduling my periods were the best. I was in the military and it was convenient not to have a period while I was deployed overseas. No side effects and no weight gain.”

Ashlyna user August 15, 2019

“I’m surprised how varied everyone’s comments are on here about Ashlyna. I truly think that birth control can affect everyone differently. This pill has been life-changing for me. I have an occupation where it is really inconvenient and I have limited time to change my tampon, and also period cramps, even minor would affect my job performance and attendance. After taking this BC my boobs are now enormous. I’ve been taking it for four months. I had light spotting for a few weeks when I missed a pill but now I don’t bleed at all and I skip the placebo so I don’t get a period at all which is amazing. My first month or so I felt a little nauseous, my boobs were sore, and I was moodier. All of that has gone away and my only side effect is that my libido is a lot lower.”

Ri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 8, 2020

“This pill did NOTHING but mess me up. My periods were out of whack and heavy. Did not help and do NOT recommend it. My period lasted 3 weeks from Nov-Dec, and now after being off of it for 3 months. I had 1 period in April and now I have no period at all, just the side affects of still being on it. Cramps like I never had before the pill, late and irregular periods still.”

CeCe June 5, 2020

“I’m going on my fourth month taking this pill and so far I am not pleased. I was prescribed this pill to control my bleeding. When I started taking them I had my normal cycle that lasted a little longer due to the break through bleeding. Then no period for nearly two months, I’ve taken consistently in the evening before bed. When I started the pill for the last week of month three (not even the placebo), I start bleeding again and three weeks later I’m still bleeding. It’s not heavy but enough for me to know that this pill is not for me. I’m going to finish the pack then I’m done.”

Larissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 11, 2019

“I am on my last week of the pills. It’s a 13 week supply, with the 13th week being estrogen-only pills. I was expecting my cycle to pop up but with only 2 estrogen-only pills left, I’ve only experienced slight cramping, no bleeding. The past few months I haven’t had any bleeding, spotting, cramping at all. I started the pills to delay my period because it was so unbearable. My doctor said with these, I’d get 4 periods a year. I can live with that. As of now, still no period and I can’t say I miss them at all. These pills work absolutely great for me.”

Lola · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 19, 2019

“I was taking Lo seasonique with no issues for 2-3 years until I was switched to Ashlyna for insurance and pharmacy reasons. It is the same hormones but the ashlyna is stronger. The first 3-6 months were seemingly okay until I started bleeding/spotting randomly at any time in the pack (not on placebo pills), mood swings/depression became an everyday thing and If I did not take the pill like clockwork and was off by even 4 hours, I would get breakthrough bleeding. Not to mention the weight gain, 20 lbs in 6 months. I would not recommend.”

Shandy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 7, 2019

“Absolutely did not like Ashlyna. I Was on it for 6 months. I spotted constantly, sex drive dropped, acne did not get any better, and my emotions were all over the place. I felt down all the time, an it wasn’t until stopping the pill all together, that I’ve noticed how much happier my body is off of it!”

random · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 17, 2019

“Ashlyna is a great birth control! Before I was on it I would get incredibly sick on my periods and I could not do anything. I have been on this birth control for 9 years now and it is amazing! I only have my period once every three months and I never have spotting in between. I love it and would recommend to anyone!”

Jen · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 9, 2020

“I’ve been on this birth control for over 2 years and it is terrible at this point. After a few months of straight bleeding when I first started I finally regulated and grew to love this birth control, until 3-4 months ago I forgot a day or two and my face has yet to stop breaking out and now I spot constantly. It’s to the point I’m cramping terribly and it makes me sick. I have got to get off this!!!!!”

Gia · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2019

“I tried Ashlyna as my first ever birth control, to stop my oh so frequent and annoying periods and to just have more control over my body. The first 6 weeks on this pill went pretty well besides some nausea. However, once I hit around the end of the 6th week the break through bleeding began and hasn’t stopped since (I’m now almost three weeks away from finishing the pack). It really sucks because I feel more out of control of my body than ever before. A lot of women in the reviews talk about a lack of sex drive but for me mine never went away which I wish it did because the break through bleeding makes it virtually impossible for me to have sex. All in all this birth control has really put a downer on my overall life and I’ve never been more exhausted and annoyed. I’ve been bleeding everyday for almost 5 weeks and I can’t wait to get off this pill.”

putain January 4, 2020

“My gyno put me on this because at 22, I have an on the go lifestyle working for months at a time abroad. The 1st 2.5mos this was incredible as I skipped two periods; however, at the 2.5mo marker in the middle of my hormonal dosage I accidentally skipped 1 day. Period came with a fury, even when continuing on schedule. At first came minor bleeding that I thought was spotting & lasted about a week to 2 weeks. Then in the middle of the 2nd week I thought honestlyI might be hemorrhaging (turns out menorhaggia) & having to wear both pad and tampon & change multiple times/hour. This along with fatigue, existing anemia, & jetlag pretty much took me out of myself for an entire month. Going on week 4 and I am still waiting for the flow to subside. I only lasted one packet, 3-month cycle on this. I know everyone’s body is different and some have had positive reactions but I absolutely will not recommend any birth control that skips your period each month. Especially Ashlyna.”

Kate4 · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 6, 2018

“To all those saying that this pill shouldn't exist, please remind yourself that everyone's body is different. A bad experience for you implies nothing about how another woman is affected by this pill. I have mild PCOS but have always had regular periods. But I have an outdoors-y job, and it's just not fun to be dealing with tampons while squatting behind a tree. Between that and pesky acne from the PCOS, I went on continuous birth control. Never get a period and that's how I like it. I've been shuffled between generics - Camrese/Daysee/Ashlyna - they all do what I need in terms of no bleeding and reduced acne/greasy skin. No side effects in terms of weight/mood/anything else. What makes me angry? The very annoying Ashlyna packaging. I have to mangle this stupid thing to have any hope of getting a pill out, then have to dig it out with my nail while hoping that no other days open accidentally. Complaints to the company (Glenmark) result in absolutely nothing. Argh.”

Angel · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 12, 2021

“Been on this for around 3 years and am finally realizing it is most likely the cause of my weight gain, hot flashes, depression and unexplained dizziness. Going to stop taking this as soon as possible and see if I start feeling normal again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 16, 2016

“I have been on this type of birth control for years now, but this brand is one that I have asked my pharmacy not to give me again. For some reason, they recently started carrying this generic rather than the Amethia that I have been taking for several years. The packaging is awful! It doesn't stay closed, and getting the pills out of the blister packs is difficult.”

Kellsbells · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 10, 2018

“Struggling with anemia and extremely heavy and uncontrollable periods, Ashlyna has been my go to for birth control. I've tried so many things that would not cooperate with my body or menstrual cycle. I think it's important to understand all medications impact everyone differently and sometimes it's not good to search for reviews because it will make you bias against the product. I've been on Ashlyna for about 5 years and I have never been happier. It has changed my life. Medications treat all of us differently. I was shocked to see so many negative reviews! If I would have before, I would have ended up switching to a different one. I'm glad I didn't! All you need is some patience.”

Heavy Flow Girl April 4, 2017

“I've been on this 13 week birth control for 2 years now and have had no issues. My first pack did come with some irregular spotting, however after my second pack the spotting disappeared, and I have a regular period every 13 weeks as expected. I've gone through 3 other varieties of birth control that left me spotting no matter how long I took them, but this birth control actually works for me. I have very painful cramps and a heavy flow, but it has reduced the mere 4 periods that I do have a year to very light and painless ones. Only downside is my insurance doesn't cover it and it's crazy expensive, but I'm at least happy it exists at all.”

ap · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 10, 2020

“I use to get extreme cramps and I would get super nauseous while on my period. And they would be heavy and super irregular. So I got on birth to get my period to be regular. I love only getting my period 4 times a year. I haven’t had any crazy side affects like weight gain. I do get mild mood swings but I don’t think it’s because of the BC. I high recommend this BC.”

Harleybird · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 9, 2018

“I've been on this birth control for about two years now and it's honestly the best I've had. I haven't gained weight from it and I only have a 3 day period every 3 months now. Before I experienced extremely heavy and painful periods. I highly recommend this medication.”

More about Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Other brands