User Reviews for Ashlyna to treat Birth Control

Ashlyna has an average rating of 4.5 out of 10 from a total of 138 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 28% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 52% reported a negative experience.

Ashlyna rating summary

4.5/10 average rating

Compare all 272 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ashlyna

Riley · Taken for 1 to 2 years · February 9, 2019

“I’ve been on this pill for almost 2 years now , I love it ! I used to get very BAD , HORRIBLE period & I couldn’t stand it at all . I need something that wouldn’t give me my period or gave it to me every 3 months! So I got on Ashlyna! I haven’t gotten my period in 2 YEARS! Yayyyy!!!! Haha but don’t let people scare you , this pill works AMAZING!!! If you have Heavy painful periods I Would GET ON THIS PILL ASAP! ❤️ I hope this helped you girllyssss out”

Niki · Taken for 2 to 5 years · January 18, 2020

“I've been on Ashlyna for 2 years. You have to give it 6 months for the break through bleeding to stop and for your hormones to level out, that's with ANY birth control. I still am currently on it and enjoy it very much. I skip the placebo pills so I don't have a period”

Kay’dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years · January 28, 2020

“I’m reading the comments and everyone body is different. I highly recommend. I was on Tri Cylen before it made me super depressed I could never gain any weight then my doctor switched me to Lo Seasonique. Everything went fine with that BC then my pharmacist/ insurance changed it to Ashylna. I gained the healthy weight I needed. No breakthroughs bleeding unless I skip multiple pills. No depression but slight mood swings, but hey we’re girls, that happens every once in awhile. Don’t let this comment discourage you. Try it for yourself! I LOVE THIS BC!”

Ashley · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 17, 2019

“This works WONDERS! I have extremely heavy periods and every birth control I took did barely anything, I would constantly spot. So my doctor put me on Ashlyna and I haven’t had my period since!!!! It’s AMAZING! To all the people who say this pill is “horrible” it’s just not meant for your body.”

arcy · Taken for 10 years or more · September 18, 2019

“I loved this birth control. I was on it for over 10 years. It never made me sick like the others and scheduling my periods were the best. I was in the military and it was convenient not to have a period while I was deployed overseas. No side effects and no weight gain.”

Cc10 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 5, 2018

“Last week I finished my first pack of Ashlyna, and am now on my second. Don’t let these reviews scare you, I let them get to me and it made me so nervous to start this pill three months ago. Keep in mind most people write reviews when they have a bad experience... yes, there were side effects at first, I had bad mood swings, and nausea, dizziness, light spotting and breakouts during the first couple weeks but that’s just the body adjusting to the new medication. I talked to my doctor and she said to try and finish out the pack. I’m so glad I did because when I started the second month all those side effects pretty much disappeared and I didn’t see a period until I was got to the sugar pills. If you just started this pill or are about to start try giving it a few weeks for your body to adjust, don’t give up on it right away!”

Ashlyna user · August 15, 2019

“I’m surprised how varied everyone’s comments are on here about Ashlyna. I truly think that birth control can affect everyone differently. This pill has been life-changing for me. I have an occupation where it is really inconvenient and I have limited time to change my tampon, and also period cramps, even minor would affect my job performance and attendance. After taking this BC my boobs are now enormous. I’ve been taking it for four months. I had light spotting for a few weeks when I missed a pill but now I don’t bleed at all and I skip the placebo so I don’t get a period at all which is amazing. My first month or so I felt a little nauseous, my boobs were sore, and I was moodier. All of that has gone away and my only side effect is that my libido is a lot lower.”

birthcontrolbabe · February 15, 2020

“ashlyna was my first experience with birth control and I was looking forward to having my period every 3 months. The first 2 months on the pill, everything was great! Some mood swings but no spotting, maintained my weight and no change in skin quality. but about 2/3 into the pack. I started spotting daily. Along with the several weeks of spotting, my sex drive decreased drastically. during the placebo week, my period was relatively normal and lasted 3-4 days. When I started my second pack it was similar to the first where I was completely fine for about 1.5 months, then the spotting started again. However after 2 weeks of spotting, I began to bleed heavily to the point where I would fill pads/tampons within a few hours. I also passed blood clots every day. Obviously this was concerning and I made and appointment to see my doctor ASAP! That will be in the next week or two. I have never stopped taking the pill and have been on schedule every day for the past 6 months.”

Larissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 11, 2019

“I am on my last week of the pills. It’s a 13 week supply, with the 13th week being estrogen-only pills. I was expecting my cycle to pop up but with only 2 estrogen-only pills left, I’ve only experienced slight cramping, no bleeding. The past few months I haven’t had any bleeding, spotting, cramping at all. I started the pills to delay my period because it was so unbearable. My doctor said with these, I’d get 4 periods a year. I can live with that. As of now, still no period and I can’t say I miss them at all. These pills work absolutely great for me.”

Kate4 · Taken for 2 to 5 years · October 6, 2018

“To all those saying that this pill shouldn't exist, please remind yourself that everyone's body is different. A bad experience for you implies nothing about how another woman is affected by this pill. I have mild PCOS but have always had regular periods. But I have an outdoors-y job, and it's just not fun to be dealing with tampons while squatting behind a tree. Between that and pesky acne from the PCOS, I went on continuous birth control. Never get a period and that's how I like it. I've been shuffled between generics - Camrese/Daysee/Ashlyna - they all do what I need in terms of no bleeding and reduced acne/greasy skin. No side effects in terms of weight/mood/anything else. What makes me angry? The very annoying Ashlyna packaging. I have to mangle this stupid thing to have any hope of getting a pill out, then have to dig it out with my nail while hoping that no other days open accidentally. Complaints to the company (Glenmark) result in absolutely nothing. Argh.”

Gia · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 2, 2019

“I tried Ashlyna as my first ever birth control, to stop my oh so frequent and annoying periods and to just have more control over my body. The first 6 weeks on this pill went pretty well besides some nausea. However, once I hit around the end of the 6th week the break through bleeding began and hasn’t stopped since (I’m now almost three weeks away from finishing the pack). It really sucks because I feel more out of control of my body than ever before. A lot of women in the reviews talk about a lack of sex drive but for me mine never went away which I wish it did because the break through bleeding makes it virtually impossible for me to have sex. All in all this birth control has really put a downer on my overall life and I’ve never been more exhausted and annoyed. I’ve been bleeding everyday for almost 5 weeks and I can’t wait to get off this pill.”

random · Taken for 5 to 10 years · June 17, 2019

“Ashlyna is a great birth control! Before I was on it I would get incredibly sick on my periods and I could not do anything. I have been on this birth control for 9 years now and it is amazing! I only have my period once every three months and I never have spotting in between. I love it and would recommend to anyone!”

76iado · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 18, 2020

“This pill made my period pains much better, instead of getting them once a month I only got them once every three months. The cramps were only bad the first two days of my period but the bleeding wasn't as heavy and my period didn't last as long as it did when I was off the pill. I only had a few headaches at the beginning of the pack and when I was on the yellow pills but other than that it was good.”

Ri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · June 8, 2020

“This pill did NOTHING but mess me up. My periods were out of whack and heavy. Did not help and do NOT recommend it. My period lasted 3 weeks from Nov-Dec, and now after being off of it for 3 months. I had 1 period in April and now I have no period at all, just the side affects of still being on it. Cramps like I never had before the pill, late and irregular periods still.”

Kellsbells · Taken for 2 to 5 years · December 10, 2018

“Struggling with anemia and extremely heavy and uncontrollable periods, Ashlyna has been my go to for birth control. I've tried so many things that would not cooperate with my body or menstrual cycle. I think it's important to understand all medications impact everyone differently and sometimes it's not good to search for reviews because it will make you bias against the product. I've been on Ashlyna for about 5 years and I have never been happier. It has changed my life. Medications treat all of us differently. I was shocked to see so many negative reviews! If I would have before, I would have ended up switching to a different one. I'm glad I didn't! All you need is some patience.”

suprach · Taken for less than 1 month · March 1, 2016

“I have been on this for like 3 days so I have no feedback as to how it actually works, BUT the packaging in which it comes in is freaking terrible. Every time I try to pop a pill out, the packaging rips. I'm purely leaving this review in the hopes that someone at Glenmark sees it and does something about it. Seriously. It is virtually non-functional.”

Heavy Flow Girl · April 4, 2017

“I've been on this 13 week birth control for 2 years now and have had no issues. My first pack did come with some irregular spotting, however after my second pack the spotting disappeared, and I have a regular period every 13 weeks as expected. I've gone through 3 other varieties of birth control that left me spotting no matter how long I took them, but this birth control actually works for me. I have very painful cramps and a heavy flow, but it has reduced the mere 4 periods that I do have a year to very light and painless ones. Only downside is my insurance doesn't cover it and it's crazy expensive, but I'm at least happy it exists at all.”

Hey lol · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 7, 2018

“I’ve got to say I read these reviews and was scared to death to try this birth control. My doctor prescribed it to me as my first birth control pill to try. I’m sure happy she did! I’ve had no side effects from this pill and have been using it perfectly. My long term boyfriend has ejaculated a couple times in me since I’ve been on this pill for a couple months. (Although I only let him since we are both clean and have been together for almost 3 years). It works great as a pregnancy protector and to get rid of awful side effects from your period. The side effects I used to have from my period were terrible anal pains. That did not help since I also have IBS. This pill has helped me so much! I’m very thankful it works well with me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 16, 2016

“I have been on this type of birth control for years now, but this brand is one that I have asked my pharmacy not to give me again. For some reason, they recently started carrying this generic rather than the Amethia that I have been taking for several years. The packaging is awful! It doesn't stay closed, and getting the pills out of the blister packs is difficult.”

Harleybird · Taken for 2 to 5 years · September 9, 2018

“I've been on this birth control for about two years now and it's honestly the best I've had. I haven't gained weight from it and I only have a 3 day period every 3 months now. Before I experienced extremely heavy and painful periods. I highly recommend this medication.”

Lola · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 19, 2019

“I was taking Lo seasonique with no issues for 2-3 years until I was switched to Ashlyna for insurance and pharmacy reasons. It is the same hormones but the ashlyna is stronger. The first 3-6 months were seemingly okay until I started bleeding/spotting randomly at any time in the pack (not on placebo pills), mood swings/depression became an everyday thing and If I did not take the pill like clockwork and was off by even 4 hours, I would get breakthrough bleeding. Not to mention the weight gain, 20 lbs in 6 months. I would not recommend.”

CV · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 22, 2018

“So far I have been feeling good in this pill. It’s the very first form of birth control I have ever taken. I haven’t had no spotting or bad side effects. The only thing that bothered me were that my breast were really tender/sore for quite a few days but that went away. I’ve only taken it for 3 months and I’m about to start the yellow pills. I don’t know how my period will be but if I can edit this review I’ll keep y’all posted.”

Lizette · April 2, 2019

“Horrible horrible birth control!! I took this to reduce my periods. I spotted the entire second month and then had the worst period of my life that lasted so it was weeks. I ended up in the ER with anemia from all the blood loss. I would not recommend this birth control.”

CeCe · June 5, 2020

“I’m going on my fourth month taking this pill and so far I am not pleased. I was prescribed this pill to control my bleeding. When I started taking them I had my normal cycle that lasted a little longer due to the break through bleeding. Then no period for nearly two months, I’ve taken consistently in the evening before bed. When I started the pill for the last week of month three (not even the placebo), I start bleeding again and three weeks later I’m still bleeding. It’s not heavy but enough for me to know that this pill is not for me. I’m going to finish the pack then I’m done.”

Shandy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · November 7, 2019

“Absolutely did not like Ashlyna. I Was on it for 6 months. I spotted constantly, sex drive dropped, acne did not get any better, and my emotions were all over the place. I felt down all the time, an it wasn’t until stopping the pill all together, that I’ve noticed how much happier my body is off of it!”

More about Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Patient resources