User Reviews for Nikki

6.5

2 reviews
Summary of Nikki reviews 4.5 31 reviews

Reviews for Nikki

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I'd been taking Gianvi for 4 years and I loved it. But I was forced to switch to Nikki last year since all of the pharmacies where I live stopped carrying Gianvi & I'm not happy. It does fine at regulating my cycle but does not help with my cramps (I have endometriosis though, so take that into consideration.) It also does a pretty good job keeping my pmdd under control but I'm also taking an antidepressant, so that works against my depressive mood swings as well. It's not great with preventing acne, I've been getting a lot of hormonal cystic acne. However, my big complaint is that I have been getting frequent intense headaches & menstrual migraines since I started Nikki. I can live with cramps, mood swings and acne, but these headaches put me out of commission & it's interrupting my life. However, because of my pmdd I have to be in this specific pill and I can't afford name brand. My advice is to avoid this pill if you can, especially if you're switching from another bc."

CJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I started out taking Nikki after switch from a higher dose because I had bad mood swings. So we lowered it I now have this weird feeling on my left boob. I've had it for two months now. It comes and goes. Not sure what it is I have appointment coming up so. Bringing it to her attention and possibly changing"

tina March 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst birth control. Acne became out of control. Horrible."

Anonymous March 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Nikki for about 5 months and I definitely think it has its pros and cons. On the pro side, it literally performed a miracle on my skin. I've had the most stubborn cystic acne for half of my life and right now my skin is the clearest it's been since age 11. So if you're looking for a birth control to treat acne, I highly recommend this one. (Keep in mind that it took about 2 months of being on the pill to clear up my skin). On the con side, my anxiety has been pretty out of control ever since I started taking it. I cry a lot for no reason, and I've been experiencing a lot of paranoia (which I've never really had before). I'll keep taking the pill because I'm so amazed at how my skin looks, but be aware that the emotional side effects are real."

Emily (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I got non consentually switched from BeYaz to Nikki because my health insurance stopped covering brand name meds and I was forced to trial 2 generics. I was on BeYaz for 13 years with absolutely no problems or symptoms. After being on Nikki for 6 months, I can attest to this being the worst medication I’ve ever taken, with horrible side effects. I gained 15 lbs resulting in an auto immune disorder flare up, felt emotionally beaten down, incredibly tired, lethargic, my migraines increased by double the amount, and anxiety/depression made their way into the picture, causing me to take myself off of this med. My health insurance refuses to cover a name brand BC, so I will be using a card to get my $278 (out of pocket) BeYaz for $58"

Chels (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

For Birth Control "My pharmacy switched me over from Gianvi to Nikki. Since taking Nikki, which has been for about 4 months now, my once clear skin has become a playground for acne. Not only is my skin a problem but my periods, my horrible cramps have come back and I never know when it's is coming. One of the main reasons for being on birth control is to regulate my cycle and also help with my PMDD. I plan things around when my cycle will be and with this I have had to miss wax appointments because my period just shows up randomly. Can't forget to add the headaches, nausea, weight gain, blurred vision and the biggest problem being mood swings and aggression it has caused me. I have found myself becoming increasingly aggressive and that's not me. Thank goodness I went and saw my doctor last week and I have now been switched back to Gianvi, I can't wait to feel back to normal again."

KC (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I've tried and I am a fan of it! However, for the first day or two days of taking it, I was in a terrible and irritable mood. Luckily, since then, I have been completely normal. Additionally, some of my acne has cleared up. I have not noticed any weight gain or loss, change in appetite, headaches, etc. I'm very happy with this med and will continue to use it!"

luscb (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Gianvi for years. Loved it- and it worked perfect. I steadily was 115 pounds, 5’4”. A month, not even the entire full month into taking Nikki (our pharmacy stopped distributing Gianvi and supplemented for this)- I am now a whopping 143 pounds!! I am constantly cramping in my lower right quadrant. It’s unreal. I’m going off this on my own and talking to my OB next week. (I gave it a three month trial and thought it may take a few weeks to kick in — nope, it’s worse)."

Lisbeth (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I will switch from vestura to this medication and ever since I have stomach ache all the time. I always have to eat something before I take it if I don't I will have the worst nausea and stomach pain. My acne got a little worst and I cramp when I get my period which it didn't happen with my other medication. Nikki is not so good"

Lola (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched to this from Vestura because Walgreens stopped carrying it. I didn't notice much of a difference. Seems to work fine (not pregnant), I get the occasional headache, and my period has remained regular and has become very light. Don't ever spot or get crazy acne. I like that the Vestura came in a little pouch and this one is a pack with a cardboard flip front."

Allie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I had the WORST experience with this birth control. I have been taking Gianvi for years, which is another generic form of Yaz. I had to switch pharmacies and my new pharmacy doesn't carry Gianvi, so they gave me Nikki instead. I took one pill and within 12 hours I saw all the side effects. I woke up and my heart was racing, I was sweating, and I had severe nausea. I would rather pay extra for the name brand Yaz than ever take this again."

Karen1014 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I️ was on this birth control in high school and ended up switching back to I️t in college. Everything was great. I️ has no side effects and my skin is flawless!! The only reason I️ am switching after being on I️t for about a year is I️ would experience spotting every two weeks-heavy enough where I️ would have to use a tampon. I️ am sad to be switching from this pill because I️ liked I️t a lot, but just cannot take having my period every 2 weeks. I️ think my body just may need a higher dose."

Juliamart January 19, 2018

"I am 23 yrs old and as a first time BC user, Nikki has been better than I expected. I was skeptical because of all the bad reviews but it has turned out to be great! I’ve gotten nausea and occasional migraines but that’s just my body getting used to it but 3 weeks later, it’s been a lot better. No weight gain; because of the nausea it’s changed my eating so I’ve lost a few pounds. My skin is clearer and my period wasn’t as heavy as it was. Don't stop taking it after a few days, your body needs a month to get used to it, side effects are normal. So far, no major complaints. I would recommend!"

Kar0823 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

For Birth Control "Walgreens stopped Vestura and switched me to Nikki.... I was on it for 3 months and it caused me to have horrible acne that literally never went away.. and I mean like the same blemishes stayed on my face for 2 months straight, and didn't go away until I stopped taking Nikki... It caused me to have bruises ALL over my legs to the point I actually looked like a dalmation. I counted 43 bruises at its worst. As soon as I stopped taking Nikki the bruises and my acne cleared up in a week. It also made me abnormally tired. I am an early riser and usually wake up around 7 or 8 on my own. When I started taking Nikki I couldn't wake up before 10 and even then I still felt tired. DO NOT TAKE NIKKI"

Unhappy camper 2934 January 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I just recently switched pharmacies and unfortunately the new pharmacy doesn’t have gianvi but instead Nikki. I will be finishing this pack and going back to my old pharmacy and getting gianvi back. I started my period well before I should have and it just feels awful!! I never had this problem on gianvi ever! For those that switched back to gianvi...did your period in between bleeding subside right away??"

Bellaft (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m not sure why there are such bad reviews on this. This is my first time using this product and so far I haven’t gained any weight, if anything my appetite has changed in ways that I’m not as hungry as I usually am. I had headaches the first few days but I’m assuming my body just was not used to it. Don’t have any mood changes and sleep fine. My skin has cleared up quickly"

Annonymous User January 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I tried Nikki for less than 1 month and for the first week I thought it was good as my old pill but then, after 10 days I started to have: nausea, problem with my eyesight, headache and vaginal discharge. I stopped it. This bc didn’t work for my body."

Carlyna (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2018

For Birth Control "This BC changed my life!! I was on Taytulla previously and it was awful (made me break out worse than ever before, long, horrid periods, etc). Nikki has made my skin clear so quickly, and I can go without makeup without feeling self conscious. My periods are still pretty heavy, but it synced up with the pill pretty quick and my cramps aren’t too bad. Feeling no nausea or weird pains either. :) Highly recommend."

Becky Georgeton (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2018

For Birth Control "This medication is horrible. I had been taking Vestura for over a year and had no problems, but my pharmacy randomly switched me to Nikki and it was AWFUL. I have had terrible mood swings and my acne has gotten significantly worse. I went from having a pimple occasionally to my entire forehead and chin being constantly broken out from the time I started taking this medication. I do not recommend taking Nikki. I was only on it for a month and switched immediately."

Candygirl09 December 16, 2017

For Birth Control "The birth control pill Nikki improved my acne significantly after only a month of use. I had previously taken Gianvi for many years, but discovered it was the cause of my depression. Following that I tried numerous other brands and they either worsened my acne or depression, sometimes both. Nikki is the only birth control pill I have found that does not trigger depression and has completely cleared my acne. However, I rate it at an 8 because I have had frequent light spotting in between periods and they are not as regular as they normally would be. Overall, this pill is a great option!"

Mariah N (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I was originally put on TriSprintec to help with acne and it made it severely worse so my doctor switched me to Nikki almost a month ago. I had slight nausea when on Tri Sprintec but now it's terrible and I can barely eat. I also get cramping and headaches."

Anonymous November 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking this 3 weeks ago and it’s been the worst thing I’ve ever taken. I have SEVERE panic attacks every single night since I’ve been taking it! Worst pill ever"

Anonymous November 26, 2017

For Birth Control "I’d been taking Gianvi for years without any issues then my pharmacy randomly switched me to Nikki. I’ve been using it for the last 2 months and since I’ve started using it, I’ve had frequent migraines, mood swings, acne, and weight gain. None of these occurred while taking Gianvi."

Stephanie1987va November 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I was taking Gianvi for five years, maybe longer. My pharmacy switched me to Nikki about four months ago and I have noticed a major change with my body ever since. I have started cramping and spotting two weeks before I am supposed to start. I've also noticed more acne and some major mood swings. I'm glad to see that others are having the same problem as me. Once my current pack is finished, I will be finding another pharmacy that sells Gianvi and switch back to it."

Sam0425 October 13, 2017

For Birth Control "This medication has made my acne severely worse. I have also been experiencing burning sensations during intercourse after beginning this medication. I am not aware if this is the cause, but my doctor has tested for EVERYTHING else so we are considering this may be the issue."

Madz1828 October 13, 2017