User Reviews for Nikki

Acne
3.6

Summary of Nikki reviews 4.3 70 reviews

Reviews for Nikki

For Birth Control "At first I was really scared to start with Nikki because I’m a first-time birth control user and I saw so many bad reviews here. But I tried it anyway and I’m so glad I did. I’ve been on it for a full month now and I didn’t experience any spotting or extreme nausea or things like that. 3 days after I first started taking the pill, I had a bit of cramping but nothing intolerable. I just have a lot of discharge (which is probably caused by the pill) so I have to wear pantiliners frequently. However the withdrawal period came just in time (3 days after I took my last active pill). My skin is already clear before I took Nikki and it still remains clear until now. No weight gain, no acne whatsoever. It also didn’t affect my sex drive at all, in fact it gave me a peace of mind. All I can say is that everyone has different reactions to this pill and it’s worth trying!"

Nat (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2019

For Acne "CVS changed me to this in August and ever since I've been gaining weight rapidly with no change to my lifestyle or daily routine. I'm at the highest weight I've ever been in my life. As a former athlete who still remains pretty active, it's been incredibly frustrating for me. I switched to Walgreens so I could get my Loryna back - a drug that caused me basically no side effects."

paintedblue (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2019

For Birth Control "If I could give this a zero and wipe the pill off the earth FOREVER I would. I was on Yaz until March, I had an issue with my insurance, and got switched to Nikki. I already have anxiety and depression, all of which were completely under control at the time I switched to Nikki. The first few months were fine with no side effects. About 6 months ago my attitude took an insane turn, my anxiety and depression had reached levels I could not handle anymore. I kept putting it off thinking I was finally just at my breaking point. And now, exactly 1 and half months ago I have not stopped bleeding/spotting. Seriously, not even for one day has it stopped. The past 6 months I've gained near 10 pounds because I can NOT stop eating, the hunger cravings will not go away. I finally looked up all the reviews I possibly could and I'm now seeing how many people are saying the same thing happened to them."

KB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been using this birth control for over a year & a half & I literally love it! It works so good for regulating my period & clearing my acne. I literally used to have pizza face acne & on my back, & I gave it about 2 months & it just all went away. My skin is so clear now, every now & then I’ll get a bump but it’s not bad. Also I used to have 7-10 day periods & it regulated my period to 4-6 days one & my cramps really aren’t bad. I have a bad period maybe once every 5 months & it’s just bad cramps. I love this birth control & I totally recommend it."

bgggggggg (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Switched from lo-ovral to Nikki about 2 weeks ago without placebo pills in between. The only side effects I've been experiencing is being a lot more thirsty due to the diuretic effect of this pill. The first few days I had minor headaches. I've had mild acne my whole life, but I haven't had a breakout all week. My anxiety/depression symptoms are basically gone and I haven't had a breakdown yet. When I was on lo-ovral I had about one a month."

squeegee (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2018

For Birth Control "So far I’ve been taking (Nikki) for 2 weeks now almost 3. So far so good! Only thing I’ve noticed is feeling nausea during the day, I’ve read that, it is normal when starting a new BC pill. I had really bad acne on my back & on my face. I’ve already started to see a difference on my back & I haven’t been taking even a full month yet. I’m hoping that it continues to do good for me!"

SBT (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for over 6 months. My doctor prescribed this to me, and I looked up the reviews and was terrified. But, everyone is different so I started taking it anyway and I am so glad I took the risk! I have no side effects on this birth control - if anything, it got my emotions more under control than they were before. I'm a lot happier on it than I was off of it! I get a consistent period, so I don't ever think I might possibly be pregnant. It does it's job by preventing pregnancy and I'm still sane and that is all I was hoping for."

TML (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2018

For Birth Control "Terrible. I’ve been on this pill for 3 months. I’ve only had about 1 week cumulative in those three months where I wasn’t spotting or bleeding. Terrible mood swings and depression. Extremely painful periods. I did not get pregnant, which means it did it’s job, but honestly there weren’t many occasions where there was a risk of getting pregnant lol. With constant heavy period and cramping there was hardly any desire to have sex. Worst birth control I’ve ever tried."

Lis (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I had originally been prescribed Loryna to help with PMDD and it was amazing. I had to take a few months off bc of insurance reasons so when I finally got that taken care of I requested to go back on Loryna, but ended up receiving Nikki. I didn’t think it was a big deal at first but just during this first month I have noticed a HUGE (negative) difference! My physical PMS symptoms are worse - severe bloating, breast tenderness, extreme fatigue, and hungry horrors from the pits of hell- some of which I had never experienced before. I’ve already gained like 5lbs since starting this medication my last cycle. I’m discontinuing this BC and either going back on Loryna or back to the IUD."

chucksmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I suffered with SEVERE menstrual cramps and symptoms that’s it put me in the hospital 3x now. I started Nikki to see if it would help. I have no problems with this birth control at all, and I’ve been on it for over a year now! I was switched to Loryna for a time because my pharmacy stopped carrying Nikki and it was nothing but awfulness those couple of months before I was switched back. I have no side effects, the energy I need, and motivation to get up and about. I’ve read lots of bad reviews about this medication, but I’ve had nothing but excellent experiences with this medication! I do wish they would stop slowing removing it from my pharmacies. I’ve had to switch between 4 different pharmacies to find it..."

Vada (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control and it made me nauseous I gave it another week. 2 weeks in it gave me diarrhea and my mood was through the roof. I was always so angry anything set me off and I'm normally not like this. It was a horrible experience, but hey I didn't get pregnant but maybe because I was a monster on this pill lol. It works for others but definitely not for me."

MLG13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2018

For Birth Control "My anxiety level has risen drastically in the past few days of taking Nikki. I was on Loryna which was fine, but the pharmacy gave me Nikki instead recently. It's the only thing that's changed in my life in the past few days and I'm positive I can attribute my increased anxiety to this pill. It's so bad that I've decided to stop taking it. I've never had to do this with a birth control."

Jenni (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

For Acne "I went on this pill to help alleviate severe cramps, lighten periods, and improve acne. I originally was on Aviane, but found that its progestin hormone caused acne so I switched to Nikki. While on this pill, my periods were worse than when I was on Aviane. They were heavier, and my cramps were worse--they barely responded to Advil. My acne, however, was totally fine. Honestly, this pill is great for skin and I've noticed a huge positive change; however, I've decided to switch pills due to the other side effects. I've become severely depressed on this pill, irritable all the time, horrible mood swings, and EXTREME fatigue, not to mention loss of sex drive (I NEVER want to have sex anymore--my libido is at 0%). I didn't experience any weight gain or breakthrough bleeding though. I would honestly say it just depends on the person. I thought the side effects would disappear but I've tried this pill for 8 months and no sign of them going away."

kat October 24, 2018

For Birth Control "If I could rate this pill with a negative number I would because I ended up with a blood clot. I have been on Yaz or Loryna for the past 10 years or so with no issues. Two months ago my pharmacy switched me to Nikki for whatever reason. Within 3 weeks of taking it I had a pulmonary embolism and the doctors are fairly certain the cause was my birth control. Nikki is dangerous....don’t take it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Yaz but my pharmacy gave me Nikki because it's the brand my insurance would cover. I started on Monday and by Wednesday I was having hot flashes, nausea and diarrhea. I take 10 mg of fluoxetine and it was as if Nikki cancelled it out. Thursday I went into a severe depression. I also have very clear skin and I woke up with cystic bumps and inflammation. I have never had major issues with other brands of birth control so I did some research and talked to a doctor. Nikki is linked to gastrointestinal issues and can trigger a gastritis episode in someone who already has digestive issues. I have been taking 300mg of Ranitidine everyday since March and it doesn't seem to be helping since I started Nikki. I have been unable to work the last 4 days. I discontinued use on Saturday. Do not take it especially if your prone to digestive issues, anxiety and depression! I should have considered the negative reviews beforehand."

AG314 (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I am literally in day 31 of my period since starting this medication! I'm well into my second pack of Nikki and it shouldn't be like this. I however, don't have any other side effects."

Day31 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this pill to anyone. It straight up tried to ruin my life. iIve only been on this pill for a month and I had normal side effects for the first week (moodiness, nausea, etc.) but as time went on it just got worse and worse. I started to have major anxiety issues which is something I haven’t dealt with in years and it also caused me to have depression that’s gotten so bad in such a short time that my doctor had to put me on anti depressants. I’ve been angry ALL the time for absolutely no reason, it almost ruined my relationship because I would get mad at my boyfriend every single day.over the most stupid things but it was absolutely uncontrollable. This past month I’ve felt like I was going insane. My acne did get better and my period has been a lot lighter but it’s not worth it. I’d rather bleed for the rest of my days than have to go through that again. Just don’t do it. Spare yourself."

colmew (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Birth Control "This medication made me feel moody, achy, tired, and I gained weight. Never have I struggled with birth control before, name brand or generic. This medication has sent me on a rollercoaster and after nearly 8 months it’s not levelled out. Why does the pharmacy just change on you with no good reason? It only gets more than a 1 because it has proven effective in its one job, the rest are horrible."

Not happy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for years now. About a year ago I had to come off of it for a month or so. During that month my moods drastically changed. I felt happier, had tons of energy, and I was less hungry. I thought for a second that this could be attributed to me stopping Nikki, but I convinced myself it was all in my head. Recently, I inadvertently skipped a week of my Nikki because I left my pills at home while I was traveling. Again. My mood was amazing and I did it feel the need to nap during the day. I thought nothing of it until now. I started taking Nikki again after returning home. It’s been 2 days. I’ve been in the worst mood all day. Crying, angry and depressed for absolutely no reason and a horrible headache. This cannot be a coincidence."

PT (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I had been taking Loryna for about 2 years to help with my hair growth and pmdd. One day the pharmacist explained that Loryna was not available & prescribed Nikki. I get my birth control 3 months at a time, so I was hesitant to be stuck with it for at least 3 months. During the first month I experienced inflammation and dryer skin on my face, chest and neck, and scaly scalp. I also can mention that regular crying sessions two to three times a week is not normal for me. Initially, I thought it was my body adjusting to a synthetic medication. 3 months later, I'm calling to beg my pharmacist to change it back. My hormones are off the wall, my skin has no improvement, & I felt like a lunatic. I felt so normal on Loryna, and could not understand what in the world was going on with me. I even considered seeing a psychologist. After reading several reviews I realised I was not alone. It might work for some women, but definitely didn't work for me. I really hope to feel like myself again soon."

Sunshine September 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Loryna for years, and I fell in love with how well I adjusted with no side effects, THEN CVS switches me to Nikki & promised it was the same exact medicine (yea right), & that I should have no issues. But what they don't tell you is that the inactive ingredients can fluctuate from brand to brand and have horrid interactions with your body, and let me tell you Nikki is the pits!! The first week I couldn't stop crying, 3 months in IM STILL CRYING! I have broken out in hives, struggle with severe headaches, & constantly endure tender painful breast. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was the recent 2 weeks of nonstop bleeding I experienced while not even being scheduled to start my cycle. This was it! I was done. I switch my pharmacy to Walgreens and I am back on Loryna and within 4 hours of taking the first Loryna pill my bleeding stopped. I wouldn't give this BC (Nikki) to my worst enemy."

Z September 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I just started Nikki a month ago. For the first week I had terrible nausea and headaches. However, now my skin is so so clear. For the past 2 years I have been struggling with terrible bloating to the point where I look pregnant. Nikki helped me feel less bloated and I have lost 10 pounds in one month!! I am 120 lbs now so losing 10 lbs was a big deal for me!! I am so happy and thankful for this pill. It really HAS transformed my life. Best of all, my copay is 0!"

BirthcontrolHelpedme (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Acne "I started taking birth control for my acne and I was on the brand Loryana and it cleared up my acne so good. But I’ve recently switched to the Nikki pill and been eating nonstop and have this awful cystic acne. I do not recommend!"

anonymous September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill is terrible! I was originally on Gianvi, then CVS switched me to Loryna. Both of those were wonderful. This month CVS gave me Nikki. I’ve been on it a week and a half, and I am an angry, anxious mess. I’m noticing that my appetite is increasing, I am extremely tired, my body is sore, (I haven’t started a new fitness program or anything like that) and I am uncontrollably mean to everyone. I switched pharmacies and got my beloved Loryna back. If you have any issues with anxiety, minor or not, do not take this pill!"

Melly (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Acne "Started this birth control with hopes of regulating hormones after developing relatively severe, persistent adult acne (whole regions of breakouts on cheeks, jawline, chin, chest), irregular periods (alternating between 21-45+ days between cycles), and feeling of unstable mood. After first month of use, acne has significantly improved, is now reduced to a few hormonal pimples on cheek/chin near menstruation. In second month- decrease in excessive oil and significant improvement in skin integrity(heals faster, reduced inflammation, skin feels and looks healthier ‘thicker’). Menstruation is lighter however, have some light spotting mid cycle, and suspect my body is still adjusting to medication after only 2 months. Mood generally more even and cool, fewer extreme lows. Side effects! I work 12h days and also run long distance and I’ve noticed a drop in my stamina. A couple of days where I’ve felt overwhelming fatigue. Suspect it is due to the way drug counters natural testosterone."

28yo, first experience bc September 9, 2018