User Reviews for Nikki

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Nikki.

Birth Control
4.2

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of Nikki reviews 4.2 12 reviews

Reviews for Nikki

For Birth Control "The birth control pill Nikki improved my acne significantly after only a month of use. I had previously taken Gianvi for many years, but discovered it was the cause of my depression. Following that I tried numerous other brands and they either worsened my acne or depression, sometimes both. Nikki is the only birth control pill I have found that does not trigger depression and has completely cleared my acne. However, I rate it at an 8 because I have had frequent light spotting in between periods and they are not as regular as they normally would be. Overall, this pill is a great option!"

Mariah N (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was originally put on TriSprintec to help with acne and it made it severely worse so my doctor switched me to Nikki almost a month ago. I had slight nausea when on Tri Sprintec but now it's terrible and I can barely eat. I also get cramping and headaches."

Anonymous November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking this 3 weeks ago and it’s been the worst thing I’ve ever taken. I have SEVERE panic attacks every single night since I’ve been taking it! Worst pill ever"

Anonymous November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I’d been taking Gianvi for years without any issues then my pharmacy randomly switched me to Nikki. I’ve been using it for the last 2 months and since I’ve started using it, I’ve had frequent migraines, mood swings, acne, and weight gain. None of these occurred while taking Gianvi."

Stephanie1987va November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was taking Gianvi for five years, maybe longer. My pharmacy switched me to Nikki about four months ago and I have noticed a major change with my body ever since. I have started cramping and spotting two weeks before I am supposed to start. I've also noticed more acne and some major mood swings. I'm glad to see that others are having the same problem as me. Once my current pack is finished, I will be finding another pharmacy that sells Gianvi and switch back to it."

Sam0425 October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This medication has made my acne severely worse. I have also been experiencing burning sensations during intercourse after beginning this medication. I am not aware if this is the cause, but my doctor has tested for EVERYTHING else so we are considering this may be the issue."

Madz1828 October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS IF YOU WERE SWITCHED FROM GIANVI. I was on Gianvi for a year and had no issues at all and my pharmacy switched me to Nikki last month... since I switched I have bloated, felt depressed and have acne (and I have never had more than two zits in my entire life). Do not let your pharmacy switch you to Nikki! I am going to try non generic Yaz and see how that goes. I do not usually write reviews but these last few weeks on it have been miserable!"

cc2017 September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've taken Yaz since 2006 and I had body issues. They switched to gianvi and still no issues. Now they switched to Nikki and I've gained 10+ pounds in 2 months! I feel so bloated and crappy. I also have migraines. I've asked the pharmacy about it because I thought I was losing my mind and found out many others are having the same problem."

Mamabearof6 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've taken other birth control pills to treat my acne, and this one is the worst that I've been taking so far and I hope to stop it as soon as possible. The pills significantly decreased my menstrual blood flow. However, I've been bleeding straight for half a month. I doubt if this works on acne. Immediately after taking my first pill, I had another severe acne breakout. I was at my home on spring break and I'm sure the breakout isn't from stress or the lack of sleep."

SherryC72 April 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Great for skin"

.......... September 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My pharmacy ran out of Ocella so ordered Nikki and I hate it. I've had my period from nearly two months straight. I forgot to take it one day and the next day I immediately took two pills. By the next day I started spotting and have my period ever since. With the exception of the one day I missed I've been taking it as instructed every day at the same time and still I have yet to stop my period."

hll28306 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I hate this birth control. I was originally taking Gianvi which I absolutely loved because I didn't gain ANY weight. My acne cleared up and I stayed slim. For some reason my pharmacy switched me to Nikki and in 2 months I went from 121 to 143. I am 5'4 and I lift weights 5 days a week. I use to be defined/toned and now I'm so bloated all the time I look fluffy and bulky. I do NOT like this birth control and my skin does not like it either!! :("

Riley21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

More about Nikki (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol)

Other brands: Yasmin, Yaz, Ocella, Gianvi, ... +4 more