User Reviews for Nikki to treat Birth Control

Nikki has an average rating of 4.1 out of 10 from a total of 118 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 26% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 58% reported a negative effect.

Nikki Rating Summary

4.1/10 average rating

Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Nikki

Stephanie July 23, 2021

“I’m 41 and have suffered since my first child with cystic acne and PMD. I’m on my 6th month and am feeling amazing. My cystic acne is gone. I have no PMS symptoms and my period is literally nothing where it was previously heavy clotting and severe cramping. I do take Bupropion for anxiety and maybe that had something to do with not having the mood swings and emotional side effects others described? I’m so pleased with how these hormones have balanced my body. I won’t change or alter this medication!”

More Kore · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2021

“Side effects included horrible sweats and I had horrible body pain, nightmares constantly when trying to sleep and frequent migraines.”

M · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2021

“Personally it gave me HUGE AMOUNTS OF ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION. Before starting the pill I was a super happy “normal” person. After taking this birth control it was like my daily life was a struggle with anxiety and I was lucky to have a day without any symptoms. Absolutely horrible experience for me. I was taking it to control my PMS and severe cramping I get during my period and it did an amazing job with that but not worth the anxiety.”

MGS April 7, 2021

“I LOVE Nikki! I read several negative reviews when I was prescribed this birth control, but I still took a chance. Since starting, I have had no period whatsoever. My PMS symptoms have dramatically decreased. My skin is so clear I can’t remember the last time I had a significant breakout which is huge for me. I was surgically diagnosed with endometriosis 2 years ago, so having no period & no pain every month is amazing for me. I know every birth control is different for every woman, but I wanted to provide my positive review.”

Still skeptical November 6, 2020

“This makes 5 months on Nikki for me. My body acne has completely healed. I was on the Mirena IUD right after my second child and it completely messed up my hormones. I gained 30 lbs in two months. Now being on Nikki, I have officially lost 20lbs without any real change to my diet . Wondering if I'm crazy or if this BC has actually straightened out my hormones. Has anyone else experienced weight loss?”

MG · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2020

“I’ve been taking Nikki for almost a full month now. At first I was so nervous it was going to make me depressed and gain weight after reading all these reviews. However, I started working out more and watching what I eat and I’ve only lost weight in the last month. My mood seems the same besides I cry easier than I did before starting Nikki. Don’t let all these reviews scare you it’s important to see how your body reacts to it.”

Lily February 26, 2021

“It is important to remember that only people who have had either awful or a great experience review things... most people are just average! Anyways I LOVE Nikki. No side effects other than spotting a week before placebo for a few months ( very light, only needed a liner so it didn’t bother me!!) No weight gain, depression, NOTHING. OH and she cleared my acne! I can’t remember the last time I’ve had a pimple. Remember that everyone’s body is different, so don’t get scared reading the reviews.”

Gullis123 August 31, 2019

“I’m so glad I took the leap and decided to take this birth control. I was suppose to get YAZ, but my doctor prescribed me this instead. BOY, was I worried from all these reviews. I was about to just throw the pack out from the horror stories. This stuff saved my life. I no longer suffer from cramps, my PMS is tamed, and my painful breakouts are gone. It’s a dream come true. As for libido... it’s still there! I did drop a star from the review because I don’t get as wet as I used to. But this is normal on BC and that’s what lube is for, haha. Everyone’s body is different, ladies. Embrace the trial and error phases and find what works best for you <3”

TwoThumbsUp · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 12, 2020

“I am going on my fifth year taking this medication. I LOVE this pill. I was prescribed Lorena by a new doctor about three years ago, and I tried that for a short time only to have the worst bleeding, abdominal pain, and headaches of my life. I went back to my doctor, got them to prescribe me Nikki again, and I’ve never looked back. This medicine has helped me so much. It has fixed my irregular cycle, and completely cured my acne. When I first started it, I do remember feeling nauseous and having headaches. But I continued on it and those symptoms went away very quickly. Like I said, it’s going to be my fifth year on this pill, and I will never take anything else.”

Shellay · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2021

“This birth control is life changing, both in positive ways and negative. My hormones have completely straightened out more than what I was experiencing prior to starting this birth control back in February. Acne is cleared, the facial hair that has been growing has subsided. However....the negative part of this birth control...at least for me...is how reliant my emotions and mentality are on this prescription. I've forgotten to refill my prescription once and I was off of the pill for 5 days, I missed 5 days and I was so crazy, insane, so much crying to my boyfriend, everything was wrong and off for me. I'm definitely more careful with this prescription and I take it regularly with my other meds every single morning. Just be careful to not miss days! Other than that this has been the best birth control I've taken so far.”

Sawyer · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2020

“I am in my second week on my 2nd month of this BC and have been nauseous everyday along with had terrible headaches. I honestly feel worse now than I ever did during my pregnancies. Wouldn’t recommend.”

M.Spencer · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2020

“This birth control Nikki has saved my life. Before I started taking it, I had severe anxiety. For over a year before it was hard for me to go anywhere and live my life. Every time I was out I would have an extreme panic attack and I would start to feel like I was lightheaded and about to pass out. I was so nervous to start this birth control because I’ve had bad side effects from others (moodiness, constant nausea). I didn’t know birth control could help with anxiety but the first two days I started taking it I could see a HUGE difference. I tried to stop taking it for the few period days and my anxiety returned so I’ve decided to skip my period days and continue taking it. I’m almost finished with my second pack and haven’t seen improvement in acne and I do have sore breasts, but no other side effects. I’m sure this will improve with time. This birth control has saved my life and made me feel normal again! I recommend for any suffering with extreme anxiety.”

Linds · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 11, 2021

“I went on Nikki for bad PMS symptoms, acne, and birth control in general. My moods were very stable, my skin was clear, and ultimately I had a great experience on it. No PMS either! Only symptom was that my libido was somewhat lower, and I switched to lo loestrin for that for a few months, but I’m about to switch back because I liked this pill a lot better!”

Celeste · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2021

“I began Nikki after my Paragard IUD had to be removed because it shifted positions. I wasn't comfortable going back to an IUD after that. I also wanted something to help my (moderate) acne. Once I started Nikki, my acne cleared up within the first pack. I took the pill religiously at the same time and my doctor thinks that this helped with the benefits. I noticed my body hair grew less thick. My periods last a day and a half with moderate bleeding at worst. I've also had minimal cramping. I did gain ~7 lbs around my butt and lower tummy which hasn't gone away. I also noticed that my sex drive is decreased. The reason that I'm changing is because my IBS symptoms became severe. I looked into it and research suggests that Drospirenone can cause/worsen IBS. I think overall Nikki was great, but wasn't the perfect fit for me.”

Ang · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 6, 2020

“I had the worst mood swings with this pill, always felt on edge and depressed. As well as it kept me bloated, no weight gain but I couldn’t lose weight with diet & exercise. I lost 5 lbs within the first week of switching pills.”

pleasetrustme · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 27, 2019

“Nikki is HORRIBLE. It gave me SEVERE depression and if I hadn’t figured out that Nikki was the thing causing my depression I might have been the end of me. I’m not kidding. This brand of birth control is absolutely horrible and I beg of you not to use it. Please, please please take the time and money to get the right medication for you. Do not use this terrible brand just because it’s cheap. I know that’s easier said than done but please put your mental health first because it is so extremely important.”

Lizziebishop523 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2021

“I started this in February and have noticed so much change in myself. I've gain my weight back that I worked so hard from high school to having my kid getting it off now it's back. Then finally got boob sized to go down now that's back and tender from taking these again.”

cc2017 September 28, 2017

“DO NOT TAKE THIS IF YOU WERE SWITCHED FROM GIANVI. I was on Gianvi for a year and had no issues at all and my pharmacy switched me to Nikki last month... since I switched I have bloated, felt depressed and have acne (and I have never had more than two zits in my entire life). Do not let your pharmacy switch you to Nikki! I am going to try non generic Yaz and see how that goes. I do not usually write reviews but these last few weeks on it have been miserable!”

BirthcontrolHelpedme · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 18, 2018

“I just started Nikki a month ago. For the first week I had terrible nausea and headaches. However, now my skin is so so clear. For the past 2 years I have been struggling with terrible bloating to the point where I look pregnant. Nikki helped me feel less bloated and I have lost 10 pounds in one month!! I am 120 lbs now so losing 10 lbs was a big deal for me!! I am so happy and thankful for this pill. It really HAS transformed my life. Best of all, my copay is 0!”

Mamabearof6 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2017

“I've taken Yaz since 2006 and I had body issues. They switched to gianvi and still no issues. Now they switched to Nikki and I've gained 10+ pounds in 2 months! I feel so bloated and crappy. I also have migraines. I've asked the pharmacy about it because I thought I was losing my mind and found out many others are having the same problem.”

Nat · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2019

“At first I was really scared to start with Nikki because I’m a first-time birth control user and I saw so many bad reviews here. But I tried it anyway and I’m so glad I did. I’ve been on it for a full month now and I didn’t experience any spotting or extreme nausea or things like that. 3 days after I first started taking the pill, I had a bit of cramping but nothing intolerable. I just have a lot of discharge (which is probably caused by the pill) so I have to wear pantiliners frequently. However the withdrawal period came just in time (3 days after I took my last active pill). My skin is already clear before I took Nikki and it still remains clear until now. No weight gain, no acne whatsoever. It also didn’t affect my sex drive at all, in fact it gave me a peace of mind. All I can say is that everyone has different reactions to this pill and it’s worth trying!”

Lala · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2020

“Nikki is worst birth control I have used ever, mood swings, anxiety, stress, and I cry for no reason. My period was 18 days late, breast was hurting and felt like I was pregnant. I stop taking Nikki’s and 4 day later I got on my period . Wouldn’t recommend”

Meg · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2021

“I did not like this birth control at all. For me, it helped me not get pregnant but that was the only positive. It made me very hormonal, depressed, cramping 3/4 weeks of the month, and I experienced my first migraine I’ve ever had in my life, and it was insanely painful and agonizing. I stopped taking it after having that migraine and I had only been taking it for 2 months. I finally decided all the negative side effects were outweighing the pros and it wasn’t worth it anymore. I’m 28 and have taken birth control since I was 17 on and off. This was, by far, was the one with the worst side effects for me, personally.”

jennaferc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 17, 2020

“I was on this pill for over 6 months, and it was so strange. Birth control is tricky, you don't always know what are symptoms of the birth control or what are natural body occurrences, keep that in mind. However, while on this pill, the only symptom I could recall having was spotting non stop. After the 4 month mark, it didn't stop. It wasn't that big of a deal but I stopped having sex because of it and had to wear panty liners all day every day. While I was on it, I went to a really dark place mentally - To the point where life was not worth it. I suffer from various mental illnesses so I thought nothing of it, until I went to the OBGYN to change my BC (because of the constant spotting), got off Nikki and literally felt the weight lift off of my shoulders. I felt like an entirely different person. Glad I got off of it, not for me.”

Kv · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 20, 2020

“I liked how clear this pill Nikki made my skin, but that was really the only positive. I experienced headaches, very heavy periods with bad cramping, and bleeding between periods (at times as heavy as a normal period!) I thought maybe my body needed time to adjust, but after 8 months of feeling like I was bleeding all the time and always in pain, I switched birth control. I love how clear my skin was, but it's not worth it.”

Shelby · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 15, 2019

“I’ve been taking this for probably 8 months from NuRx and I’m finally making the much needed switch. I had my daughter about 2 years ago and thought my increasingly crippling depression and NO SEX drive was just because of stress, then I talk to my doctor who said that’s very common with this birth control and she doesn’t even like to prescribe it because of this! I will say my periods have never been so regular but it is really frustrating if I don’t take it at the same exact time every day I’ll end up having ANOTHER week long period. But based on other reviews I’m glad I finally decided to do some research. Every body is different so maybe this will work great for someone else but definitely not me!”

Sun · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 12, 2019

“Okay, ladies. Although I know hormones react differently with everyone I was surprised by all the bad reviews on this pill. I didn’t have any side effects on Nikki other than slight nausea the first week or so. Other than that everything has been PERFECT no breakouts, no pregnancy, no long term nausea (which I have suffered with on other pills). Plus I get it sent in the mail and it’s super convenient and affordable.”

Nicole116 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2019

“I took Loryna (another generic form of Yaz) for years without any problems. I got switched to another Yaz generic called Nikki about a year ago and within months started feeling some terrible symptoms like being out of breath with hardly any exertion and nausea. Then my legs started to swell and had terrible back pain. Turned out I had a record breaking sized blood clot from my heart all the way to my legs. I after tests I have no underlying factors such as genetics or Factor V and birth control is the only plausible cause. Careful ladies.”