User Reviews for Codeine/guaifenesin to treat Cough (Page 4)

Also known as: Cheratussin AC, Gani-Tuss NR, Guaitussin AC, Codar GF, Mar-cof CG, Cheracol with Codeine, Bitex Liquid, Guaiatussin AC, Robafen AC, Allfen CD, Allfen CDX, Mytussin AC, Guiatussin with Codeine, Glydeine, Guaifen-C, Guaifen AC, Codafen, Guai-Co, Duraganidin NR, Diabetic Tussin C, Dex-Tuss Virtussin A/C ExeClear-C Guiatuss AC Brontex M-Clear WC Guaifenesin AC Pro-Clear …show all brand names

Codeine/guaifenesin Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 426 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Codeine/guaifenesin

Anonymous January 26, 2010

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “My daughter and son were both prescribed this and it didn't work for either of them. In fact, they both complained that it gave them a bad headache about an hour after taking it and they are both still coughing all night long. Our pediatrician said this was just as good as Tussionex but much cheaper. I'd rather pay $40 co-pay for the Tussionex since I know it works. No relief for me or my children.”

Anonymous January 24, 2010

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I was prescribed this for a sore throat and mild cough after I found out I had Mono, and Walking Pneumonia. It didn't do a THING! I couldn't feel it at all, and it made my throat itch as it went down. Plus it's so icky tasting.”

Anonymous January 20, 2010

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “This did little for my cough - still waking up in the middle of the night with coughing fits. Even when I take another dose at night, it doesn't help. In fact, I've now woken up every night while I've been taking this so will stop.”

kiyah November 11, 2009

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I had a severe cough and was prescribed this medicine. Not only did it not work on my cough, but it kept me up at night feeling jittery. ”

Anonymous August 22, 2009

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Do not drink alcohol when taking this medicine!”

nattiev March 30, 2009

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I was using Mucinex DM and just wasn't doing the trick for me. I wasn't sleeping at night. So got this and I am slowing getting back to sleeping without being interrupted with coughing.”

Anonymous December 17, 2008

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Works well but not very pleasant tasting.”

IndyQuilter December 11, 2008

Iophen-C NR (codeine / guaifenesin): “I am 68 and have had asthma for about 15 years. For a while I was hospitalized about once a year with a respiratory infection. Thanks to my Ddoctor we have headed off many infections over the years with a short treatment program of Iophen-C NR to get rid of the congestion. It has worked well for me. I also take anti-convulsants (since I was 15) and suffer no side effects with the syrup. I put the bottle on the counter with a slip of paper to monitor the dosage. It has been a blessing for me.”

techsec November 11, 2008

“Wonderful drug works almost immediately used for years. Back to normal the next day.”

katieRN August 13, 2008

Brontex (codeine / guaifenesin): “Great medicine, but they don't make it anymore.”

awareone1 November 19, 2007

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “This medication should be taken exactly as the labeling indicates... impressive relief of symtomatic coughs! Finally got a good nights sleep, which did as much to reilieve my condition as anything. Great.”

Learn more about Cough

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)