User Reviews for Codeine / guaifenesin

Also known as: Allfen CD, Allfen CDX, Bitex Liquid, Brontex, Cheracol with Codeine, Cheratussin AC, Codafen, Codar GF, Dex-Tuss, Diabetic Tussin C, Duraganidin NR, ExeClear-C, Gani-Tuss NR, Glydeine, Guai-Co, Guaiatussin AC, Guaifen AC, Guaifen-C, Guaifenesin AC, Guaitussin AC, Guiatuss AC, Guiatussin with Codeine, Halotussin AC, Iophen, Iophen-C NR, M-Clear, M-Clear WC, Mar-cof CG, Mytussin AC, Pro-Clear, Relcof C, Robafen AC, Robichem AC, Robitussin-AC, Romilar AC, Tussi-Organidin NR, Tussi-Organidin-S NR, Tussiden C, Tusso-C, Virtussin A/C …show all brand names

Cough
5.9

Summary of Codeine/guaifenesin reviews 5.9 65 reviews

Reviews for Codeine/guaifenesin

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Unfortunately, I had the same negative experience with this cough/codeine combination as another reviewer. My doctor said it should help me sleep, and not keep me up coughing all night. ( I was recently diagnosed with Viral Bronchitis) This did just the opposite! I took this at 11:00 p.m. and then laid awake until 3:30a.m! I had to get up and take some Nyquil just to get a few hours sleep, before having to get up for the day. Thought this may be a fluke, so I tried the same thing the next evening....sure enough...I laid awake again into the wee hours! I'll stick to the Over the Counter, Mucinex DM."

Poof/ Female (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I’m awake for the 3rd night in a row now. This stuff tastes awful, but I could deal with that if it would work. My doctor used to give me Tussionex, but she has a new NP who seemed to think I needed this instead, even when I told her I’d like to go with what I know has worked in the past. I’d rather be using mussinex or Thera flu. At least with those options I can sleep through the night. This seems to make my cough worse."

Kympossible February 2, 2018

For Cough: "I had been coughing for several days. After seeing the Dr they wrote a prescription for Guiaiatussini/codeine syrup. I had not slept in days. The first day I took it as prescribed, every 5 hours. I felt no effect of the codeine and my cough became more productive. The second nite I increased my dose from 5ML to 10ML. 10 minutes after taking it I couldn’t stop coughing. It isn’t helping and I’m going another nite without sleep. We are going to set up a humidifier and see if that helps quiet the cough."

Willamina February 1, 2018

For Cough: "Codeine ( or any narcotic) is the only thing that will give me any relieve from the post viral cough's that I constantly get. Unfortunately I have to take 10 ml to stop coughing and I go through the bottle too quickly. Main problem is that MD's are reluctant to prescribe due to the opioid crisis. I don't like taking narcotics, but the two 10 day steroid courses, multiple inhalers and neurontin have not done a thing"

professional cougher January 26, 2018

For Cough: "I’ve used this for 3 days now and it is not doing anything! I used dayquil today and had better results. I haven't been able to sleep through the night or even close with this. HORRIBLE stuff!!"

Juando January 3, 2018

For Cough: "I've been taking this for 2 nights and can't sleep. Has relieved my cough during the night but still cough a lot during the day. I can't get better if I can't sleep. Will go back to Nightquill so I can sleep. This has been a waste of money."

Merf 1 December 18, 2017

For Cough: "I get bronchitis annually and have previously been hospitalized for it, so I know my medicine. This stuff is pathetic. I initially thought I had been given the wrong medication! Compared to this, OTC syrups work better at suppressing cough and letting me sleep. I returned the bottle to the pharmacy. It has no use in my home."

TeeMuHatesFakeMeds December 10, 2017

For Cough: "This stuff usually works well for me when trying to suppress powerful cough. Took some one night, and helped for one hour. Coughing fits returned and thought my head was going to explode from pressure. Had no choice to try another dose. I had no other coughing fit that night."

Max's October 8, 2017

For Cough: "Good medicine, had me cough free within 3 doses. Very low potential for abuse is always a good thing! As a medical professional this may be a great alternative to people who regularly get promethazine/codeine for cough."

Cdobler (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

For Cough: "I was given this medication after battling a bad sinus infection for 3 weeks now. The med helped my cough for maybe the first day, afterwards I have been dealing with bad headaches and going on two days without sleep. Needless to say, after going to the doctor numerous times I'm still coughing (dry cough), sore throats, chest congestion & painful chest due to all the coughing at night. Looking forward to a quick recovery soon. I'm on my 2nd dose of steroids and antibiotics, I need relief!!"

Sleepless in San Antonio August 23, 2017

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "This stuff did not work at all!!! :( I needed sleep due to coughing all night and all this did was keep me wide awake."

Coughing all night May 18, 2017

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I was coughing and vomiting so much, I had to go to urgent care. I'd been vomiting so much, I knew when my Dr also prescribed pepsid and zolfran. I still can't eat, but I've been hydrating with water, broth and Popsicles! This medicine works well, especially in together with those other two, based on my cough with vomiting. I also took some Tylenol to deal with the pain in my neck and shoulders."

Torybird February 26, 2017

Virtussin A/C (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "No better than over the counter cough syrup..."

akenzie10 (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

For Cough: "I had been up all night coughing. I took only 2.5 ml of the syrup because I was nervous about codeine. It helped quite a bit. I didn't cough as much. However, I do have a headache in the morning, but it could be a reaction to guaifenesin also."

T_Ghosh (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Cough medicine did not help my cough at all, I was coughing all night long, my chest and stomach hurts from all the coughing I am doing."

bnm4evaneva January 28, 2017

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I tried this for the first time and it kinda worked I am still coughing a little but not as much. I do still kinda taste it in my mouth which is weird but I would use again if it was the only medicine I had but I will be looking for a new medicine."

Anonymous___ (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "This is an amazing product"

ManiV January 1, 2017

Iophen-C NR (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Been incredibly frustrated with a virus that turned ugly and a strong , intense cough that caused pulled muscles, raw throat and coughing up blood . This drug was prescribed with decongestant, and antibiotics. I still cough occasionally, but this is a huge improvement from the intense non stop barking cough, and gave my chest a chance to heal."

Coughy (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I loved it wasn't wasn't drowsy when I woke up Didn't taste bad either"

Anonymous December 5, 2016

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I tried this brand for the first time. My previous option makes me drowsy. Back to the point,the only thing robitussin has done for me is caused gas and random bowel movements. No help in the intended propose."

Vaughn.in.VA December 5, 2016

For Cough: "I suffer from acute repeat bronchitis. After many tests, ER visits, ENT and Pulmonary Specialists, here's what works. Prednisone for acute infection Antibiotic (Suprax or Leviquin) Mucinex DM Tussinex cough medicine (This is only one that has ever stopped my cough) as long as you don't abuse it, dr will prescribe but some pharmacies require paper script only All of the above will help you has immediate relief. Use at least 1,000 mg of vitamin C. I use a lot of emergen-c Colostrum supplement is also helpful Be well."

RioKLB October 24, 2016

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I was prescribed Cheratussin AC for a cough due to acute bronchitis. However, it seems to make the cough worse. My body wants to cough up phlegm, and the medicine tries to suppress the coughing reflex. That makes my body try even harder to cough up phlegm, and just ends up giving me a headache and a throat that hurts more."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I have had a negative experience with this product, it has been going on 2 weeks with this horrible cough and I have felt no relief in using Robitussin. It does not work for me what so ever."

LB1424 September 30, 2016

For Cough: "I spent three days and two nights coughing. The doctor said I had a sinus infection and gave me this for the cough. It's not helping very much. I don't notice any side effects. When I had a sinus infection years ago a different doctor gave me Phenergan DM and that immediately stopped the cough."

Dreemsnake (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "This is the best working cough syrup. While it doesn't totally eliminate it (which would make it a 10!), it is the best among all of the different cough syrups and pills. I am not a fan of the Benzonatate gel capsules. They do nothing for me."

bajaeljefe April 4, 2016