User Reviews for Codeine / guaifenesin

Also known as: Allfen CD, Allfen CDX, Bitex Liquid, Brontex, Cheracol with Codeine, Cheratussin AC, Codafen, Codar GF, Dex-Tuss, Diabetic Tussin C, Duraganidin NR, ExeClear-C, Gani-Tuss NR, Glydeine, Guai-Co, Guaiatussin AC, Guaifen AC, Guaifen-C, Guaifenesin AC, Guaitussin AC, Guiatuss AC, Guiatussin with Codeine, Halotussin AC, Iophen, Iophen-C NR, M-Clear, M-Clear WC, Mar-cof CG, Mytussin AC, Pro-Clear, Relcof C, Robafen AC, Robichem AC, Robitussin-AC, Romilar AC, Tussi-Organidin NR, Tussi-Organidin-S NR, Tussiden C, Tusso-C, Virtussin A/C …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Codeine/guaifenesin.

Cough
6.3

Summary of Codeine/guaifenesin reviews 6.3 58 reviews

Reviews for Codeine/guaifenesin

For Cough: "This stuff usually works well for me when trying to suppress powerful cough. Took some one night, and helped for one hour. Coughing fits returned and thought my head was going to explode from pressure. Had no choice to try another dose. I had no other coughing fit that night."

Max's October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough: "Good medicine, had me cough free within 3 doses. Very low potential for abuse is always a good thing! As a medical professional this may be a great alternative to people who regularly get promethazine/codeine for cough."

Cdobler (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough: "I was given this medication after battling a bad sinus infection for 3 weeks now. The med helped my cough for maybe the first day, afterwards I have been dealing with bad headaches and going on two days without sleep. Needless to say, after going to the doctor numerous times I'm still coughing (dry cough), sore throats, chest congestion & painful chest due to all the coughing at night. Looking forward to a quick recovery soon. I'm on my 2nd dose of steroids and antibiotics, I need relief!!"

Sleepless in San Antonio August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "This stuff did not work at all!!! :( I needed sleep due to coughing all night and all this did was keep me wide awake."

Coughing all night May 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I was coughing and vomiting so much, I had to go to urgent care. I'd been vomiting so much, I knew when my Dr also prescribed pepsid and zolfran. I still can't eat, but I've been hydrating with water, broth and Popsicles! This medicine works well, especially in together with those other two, based on my cough with vomiting. I also took some Tylenol to deal with the pain in my neck and shoulders."

Torybird February 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Virtussin A/C (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "No better than over the counter cough syrup..."

akenzie10 (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough: "I had been up all night coughing. I took only 2.5 ml of the syrup because I was nervous about codeine. It helped quite a bit. I didn't cough as much. However, I do have a headache in the morning, but it could be a reaction to guaifenesin also."

T_Ghosh (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Cough medicine did not help my cough at all, I was coughing all night long, my chest and stomach hurts from all the coughing I am doing."

bnm4evaneva January 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I tried this for the first time and it kinda worked I am still coughing a little but not as much. I do still kinda taste it in my mouth which is weird but I would use again if it was the only medicine I had but I will be looking for a new medicine."

Anonymous___ (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "This is an amazing product"

ManiV January 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Iophen-C NR (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Been incredibly frustrated with a virus that turned ugly and a strong , intense cough that caused pulled muscles, raw throat and coughing up blood . This drug was prescribed with decongestant, and antibiotics. I still cough occasionally, but this is a huge improvement from the intense non stop barking cough, and gave my chest a chance to heal."

Coughy (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I loved it wasn't wasn't drowsy when I woke up Didn't taste bad either"

Anonymous December 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I tried this brand for the first time. My previous option makes me drowsy. Back to the point,the only thing robitussin has done for me is caused gas and random bowel movements. No help in the intended propose."

Vaughn.in.VA December 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough: "I suffer from acute repeat bronchitis. After many tests, ER visits, ENT and Pulmonary Specialists, here's what works. Prednisone for acute infection Antibiotic (Suprax or Leviquin) Mucinex DM Tussinex cough medicine (This is only one that has ever stopped my cough) as long as you don't abuse it, dr will prescribe but some pharmacies require paper script only All of the above will help you has immediate relief. Use at least 1,000 mg of vitamin C. I use a lot of emergen-c Colostrum supplement is also helpful Be well."

RioKLB October 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I was prescribed Cheratussin AC for a cough due to acute bronchitis. However, it seems to make the cough worse. My body wants to cough up phlegm, and the medicine tries to suppress the coughing reflex. That makes my body try even harder to cough up phlegm, and just ends up giving me a headache and a throat that hurts more."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I have had a negative experience with this product, it has been going on 2 weeks with this horrible cough and I have felt no relief in using Robitussin. It does not work for me what so ever."

LB1424 September 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough: "I spent three days and two nights coughing. The doctor said I had a sinus infection and gave me this for the cough. It's not helping very much. I don't notice any side effects. When I had a sinus infection years ago a different doctor gave me Phenergan DM and that immediately stopped the cough."

Dreemsnake (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "This is the best working cough syrup. While it doesn't totally eliminate it (which would make it a 10!), it is the best among all of the different cough syrups and pills. I am not a fan of the Benzonatate gel capsules. They do nothing for me."

bajaeljefe April 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I was prescribed this for pneumonia. I have asthma also, so this didn't do much for my awful cough. And it tastes like rubbish I will be going back to request Tussionex tomorrow"

Firstnow (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough: "I went to the Dr after 3 days because my chest hurts so much from coughing. This helped with pain but the cough never stops. I need sleep. First night I had full body chills/shakes for a few hours. Then tried to get up and was hit with nausea and extreme thirst. Got very little sleep, Just went through second night and I got nausea and extreme thirst. Think I am going to stop tonight need sleep. No side effects during day except coughing 24/7."

cough a lots (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I feel nervous and can't sleep after taking this"

Kimlee08 March 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough: "Had a bad cold for a few days so I went to the doctor for a check and she prescribed me chertussin (guafenesin with codeine) to help me get some restful sleep. Took the first 10 ml dose and 45 minutes later my heart is pounding and my face and arms feel really warm. Don't like the heart pounding and won't be taking any more of this stuff. I'll switch back to my Delsym that doesn't work quite as well but doesn't make me feel like my heart is going to explode."

CR0330 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough: "Was diagnosed with Bronchitis & Respiratory infection. Tried other otc meds nothing seemed to work. Dr prescribed this after 30 min of the dose my coughing fits diminished. Take every 4hrs. Just had my 2nd dose so praying it continues to help."

preacherwife November 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Amazing product! I hope this isn't TMI but I was feeling quite sick as "cold" was sitting on my chest and had a lot of mucus that wasn't coming up, took this medicine and it really does help produce a more productive cough and less frequent, which meant I could clear my throat of mucus & wasn't coughing quite as much. Took for a max x2 a day. Felt lots bit better after 1st dose. Cost me around "

KstarB September 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I would have gave this medicine a 10 if it wasn't for the dull headache (may not have been due to the drug I was battling a sinus infection anyway) after I took this medicine. Cough was gone within an hour. Make sure you drink a lot of water. Maybe that's why I got the headache too. Also, I noticed that I was very sensitive after taking this drug. I actually cried a little bit because of the sinus pressure. When usually I just suck it up with pain and never cry. Stopped wheezing. Make sure to take a warm shower too after taking this drug it will also help clear the mucus."

Rose127 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015