User Reviews for Codeine/guaifenesin to treat Cough (Page 2)

Also known as: Cheratussin AC, Gani-Tuss NR, Guaitussin AC, Codar GF, Mar-cof CG, Cheracol with Codeine, Bitex Liquid, Guaiatussin AC, Robafen AC, Allfen CD, Allfen CDX, Mytussin AC, Guiatussin with Codeine, Glydeine, Guaifen-C, Guaifen AC, Codafen, Guai-Co, Duraganidin NR, Diabetic Tussin C, Dex-Tuss Virtussin A/C ExeClear-C Guiatuss AC Brontex M-Clear WC Guaifenesin AC Pro-Clear …show all brand names

Codeine/guaifenesin Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 426 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Codeine/guaifenesin

Juando January 3, 2018

“I’ve used this for 3 days now and it is not doing anything! I used dayquil today and had better results. I haven't been able to sleep through the night or even close with this. HORRIBLE stuff!!”

Merf 1 December 18, 2017

“I've been taking this for 2 nights and can't sleep. Has relieved my cough during the night but still cough a lot during the day. I can't get better if I can't sleep. Will go back to Nightquill so I can sleep. This has been a waste of money.”

TeeMuHatesFakeMeds December 10, 2017

“I get bronchitis annually and have previously been hospitalized for it, so I know my medicine. This stuff is pathetic. I initially thought I had been given the wrong medication! Compared to this, OTC syrups work better at suppressing cough and letting me sleep. I returned the bottle to the pharmacy. It has no use in my home.”

Max's October 8, 2017

“This stuff usually works well for me when trying to suppress powerful cough. Took some one night, and helped for one hour. Coughing fits returned and thought my head was going to explode from pressure. Had no choice to try another dose. I had no other coughing fit that night.”

Cdobler · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2017

“Good medicine, had me cough free within 3 doses. Very low potential for abuse is always a good thing! As a medical professional this may be a great alternative to people who regularly get promethazine/codeine for cough.”

Sleepless in San Antonio August 23, 2017

“I was given this medication after battling a bad sinus infection for 3 weeks now. The med helped my cough for maybe the first day, afterwards I have been dealing with bad headaches and going on two days without sleep. Needless to say, after going to the doctor numerous times I'm still coughing (dry cough), sore throats, chest congestion & painful chest due to all the coughing at night. Looking forward to a quick recovery soon. I'm on my 2nd dose of steroids and antibiotics, I need relief!!”

Coughing all night May 18, 2017

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “This stuff did not work at all!!! :( I needed sleep due to coughing all night and all this did was keep me wide awake.”

Torybird February 26, 2017

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I was coughing and vomiting so much, I had to go to urgent care. I'd been vomiting so much, I knew when my Dr also prescribed pepsid and zolfran. I still can't eat, but I've been hydrating with water, broth and Popsicles! This medicine works well, especially in together with those other two, based on my cough with vomiting. I also took some Tylenol to deal with the pain in my neck and shoulders.”

akenzie10 · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2017

Virtussin A/C (codeine / guaifenesin): “No better than over the counter cough syrup...”

T_Ghosh · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2017

“I had been up all night coughing. I took only 2.5 ml of the syrup because I was nervous about codeine. It helped quite a bit. I didn't cough as much. However, I do have a headache in the morning, but it could be a reaction to guaifenesin also.”

bnm4evaneva January 28, 2017

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Cough medicine did not help my cough at all, I was coughing all night long, my chest and stomach hurts from all the coughing I am doing.”

Anonymous___ · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2017

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I tried this for the first time and it kinda worked I am still coughing a little but not as much. I do still kinda taste it in my mouth which is weird but I would use again if it was the only medicine I had but I will be looking for a new medicine.”

ManiV January 1, 2017

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “This is an amazing product”

Coughy · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2016

Iophen-C NR (codeine / guaifenesin): “Been incredibly frustrated with a virus that turned ugly and a strong , intense cough that caused pulled muscles, raw throat and coughing up blood . This drug was prescribed with decongestant, and antibiotics. I still cough occasionally, but this is a huge improvement from the intense non stop barking cough, and gave my chest a chance to heal.”

Anonymous December 5, 2016

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I loved it wasn't wasn't drowsy when I woke up Didn't taste bad either”

Vaughn.in.VA December 5, 2016

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I tried this brand for the first time. My previous option makes me drowsy. Back to the point,the only thing robitussin has done for me is caused gas and random bowel movements. No help in the intended propose.”

RioKLB October 24, 2016

“I suffer from acute repeat bronchitis. After many tests, ER visits, ENT and Pulmonary Specialists, here's what works. Prednisone for acute infection Antibiotic (Suprax or Leviquin) Mucinex DM Tussinex cough medicine (This is only one that has ever stopped my cough) as long as you don't abuse it, dr will prescribe but some pharmacies require paper script only All of the above will help you has immediate relief. Use at least 1,000 mg of vitamin C. I use a lot of emergen-c Colostrum supplement is also helpful Be well.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2016

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I was prescribed Cheratussin AC for a cough due to acute bronchitis. However, it seems to make the cough worse. My body wants to cough up phlegm, and the medicine tries to suppress the coughing reflex. That makes my body try even harder to cough up phlegm, and just ends up giving me a headache and a throat that hurts more.”

LB1424 September 30, 2016

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I have had a negative experience with this product, it has been going on 2 weeks with this horrible cough and I have felt no relief in using Robitussin. It does not work for me what so ever.”

Dreemsnake · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2016

“I spent three days and two nights coughing. The doctor said I had a sinus infection and gave me this for the cough. It's not helping very much. I don't notice any side effects. When I had a sinus infection years ago a different doctor gave me Phenergan DM and that immediately stopped the cough.”

bajaeljefe April 4, 2016

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “This is the best working cough syrup. While it doesn't totally eliminate it (which would make it a 10!), it is the best among all of the different cough syrups and pills. I am not a fan of the Benzonatate gel capsules. They do nothing for me.”

Firstnow · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2016

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I was prescribed this for pneumonia. I have asthma also, so this didn't do much for my awful cough. And it tastes like rubbish I will be going back to request Tussionex tomorrow”

cough a lots · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2016

“I went to the Dr after 3 days because my chest hurts so much from coughing. This helped with pain but the cough never stops. I need sleep. First night I had full body chills/shakes for a few hours. Then tried to get up and was hit with nausea and extreme thirst. Got very little sleep, Just went through second night and I got nausea and extreme thirst. Think I am going to stop tonight need sleep. No side effects during day except coughing 24/7.”

Kimlee08 March 12, 2016

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I feel nervous and can't sleep after taking this”

CR0330 · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2015

“Had a bad cold for a few days so I went to the doctor for a check and she prescribed me chertussin (guafenesin with codeine) to help me get some restful sleep. Took the first 10 ml dose and 45 minutes later my heart is pounding and my face and arms feel really warm. Don't like the heart pounding and won't be taking any more of this stuff. I'll switch back to my Delsym that doesn't work quite as well but doesn't make me feel like my heart is going to explode.”

Learn more about Cough

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)