User Reviews for Codeine/guaifenesin to treat Cough (Page 3)

Also known as: Cheratussin AC, Gani-Tuss NR, Guaitussin AC, Codar GF, Mar-cof CG, Cheracol with Codeine, Bitex Liquid, Guaiatussin AC, Robafen AC, Allfen CD, Allfen CDX, Mytussin AC, Guiatussin with Codeine, Glydeine, Guaifen-C, Guaifen AC, Codafen, Guai-Co, Duraganidin NR, Diabetic Tussin C, Dex-Tuss Virtussin A/C ExeClear-C Guiatuss AC Brontex M-Clear WC Guaifenesin AC Pro-Clear …show all brand names

Codeine/guaifenesin Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 426 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Codeine/guaifenesin

preacherwife November 16, 2015

“Was diagnosed with Bronchitis & Respiratory infection. Tried other otc meds nothing seemed to work. Dr prescribed this after 30 min of the dose my coughing fits diminished. Take every 4hrs. Just had my 2nd dose so praying it continues to help.”

KstarB September 13, 2015

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Amazing product! I hope this isn't TMI but I was feeling quite sick as "cold" was sitting on my chest and had a lot of mucus that wasn't coming up, took this medicine and it really does help produce a more productive cough and less frequent, which meant I could clear my throat of mucus & wasn't coughing quite as much. Took for a max x2 a day. Felt lots bit better after 1st dose. Cost me around ”

Rose127 · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2015

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I would have gave this medicine a 10 if it wasn't for the dull headache (may not have been due to the drug I was battling a sinus infection anyway) after I took this medicine. Cough was gone within an hour. Make sure you drink a lot of water. Maybe that's why I got the headache too. Also, I noticed that I was very sensitive after taking this drug. I actually cried a little bit because of the sinus pressure. When usually I just suck it up with pain and never cry. Stopped wheezing. Make sure to take a warm shower too after taking this drug it will also help clear the mucus.”

Anonymous March 6, 2015

Guaiatussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Severe headache”

felino4624 January 16, 2015

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I was coughing constantly and could not sleep. Took other medicines but didn't work that well. Took the medicine and didn't cough again and had a great sleep.”

Stillcoughing · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2014

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Was prescribed this med for cough and it did absolutely nothing except made my head hurt horribly bad and my throat tickle, which made the cough worse. ”

John P. November 7, 2014

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Like clockwork my allergy to Mountain Cedar starts around late October. Congestion, cough but no fever. My doctor prescribes Cheratussin syrup and it works great. I also take Mucinex DM with this and it stops the congestion and cough after about an hour. I couldn't make it without this.”

Baya · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2014

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “My 8yr old Daughter had pneumonia, diagnosed 6 days ago along with her Z-pack antibiotics. Cheratussin AC, not only quieted her cough when it was hurting, but helped to expel the congestion. No bad side effects, but hated the bitter taste.”

Ali d April 26, 2014

“This medicine helped with my cough but keeps me wired and wide awake and all I want to do is sleep because I am miserable. The pharmicist said it should help me sleep but apparently it has the opposite effect on me.”

Anonymous November 23, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Been coughing for 3 weeks and this helped a lot. I am taking all sorts of over the counter pills, gels, capsules, hot water, cold water mixes with multiple active ingredients and Cheratussin AC syrup gave me better relief than anything else. I still couldn't sleep through the night and ended up taking middle of the night doses with the other things as it took over 4 weeks to get over my flu. When I was younger I got a codeine cough syrup and it didn't help but this time this did.”

Feeling Great Now · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I had a cold and bad cough for two weeks before I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis. This has been amazing! It's bringing up the mucus that the OTC medicines wasn't and the cough is very minimal now. I take the dose on the lower end of the range prescribed and it's doing the job. So glad I finally caved and went to the doctor.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Taking the liquid form Cherritussin helped my cough very much. It was a great sleep aid when sick, but should not be over used. Also I would add DO NOT TAKE THIS AND THEN DRINK COFFEE! I didn't realize that the stimulant of caffeine mixed with it would bother me. Also check to see if pseudoephedrine is mixed in any way with your codeine as this is also a stimulant and worsens the situation.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2012

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Works great! Quiets a hacking cough, no matter how bad. Works the best & when other products don't work. Does cause drowsiness though but that's not bad if it's night time or you're convalescing at home anyway from being sick. Great stuff!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2012

“This medicine works great! ”

Bobblehead Fred April 11, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I had a bad cold a year or so ago, and my throat was killing me from coughing. My doctor prescribed this stuff and it made everything manageable. I was still sick, don't get me wrong, but I didn't really feel sick. At first I was worried because it made me feel different and weird, but I realized that it was just relaxing me so I could get some rest. It worked great.”

Anonymous January 28, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Cough kept getting worse at night so doctor had me start this medicine and I stopped the Tylenol cough and cold. First night I was up at 4 am with dry throat, dry eyes and a bloody nose. Took another dose with water and it took almost an hour to kick in. Second night I didn't seem to help at all, kept coughing and was probably worst night of all. Waited for dose to wear off then went back to Tylenol for a good night sleep.”

biore January 14, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Had a cough for close to a year. I thought it was from congestive heart failure. Had been using Mucenix DM for the thick phlegm. It helped some but not enough. Then I got a cold and my cough and phlegm got much worse. My family insisted I see a doctor. The doctor prescribed this, what a relief it has been. Getting much phelgm out and cough is almost gone after 4 days on the syrup! Has been an answer to prayer so far! I had been battling this cough for a year and it took so much out of me. Amazing to have it helped so much!”

ctrapane January 7, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I have been taking this medicine for a week and I am still coughing. I am finally getting some sleep but is still waking up with coughing fits. I have not had any side effects but I can't say this medicine works.”

Anonymous November 19, 2011

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I took this medicine for coughing at night and had a very negative reaction to it. I seemed to have all of the classic signs of a heart attack - pain in the chest and back - it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. Heart rate went down very low and blood pressure was low and then high. ”

Anonymous June 21, 2011

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I have bronchitis and was prescribed Cheratussin AC for chest congestion and cough. It might be helping a little with the cough, but it is not bringing up the phlegm. ”

Anonymous June 9, 2011

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Helped a lot. My cough was horrible and this helped me through the nights. I would recommend this.”

brittysaywhat January 3, 2011

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I took this for a cough I was having in conjunction with a sore throat. Every time I coughed it just made my throat feel terrible. It did nothing for my cough at all, and it kept me up all night. The medicine and the cough, combined, made me lay awake. The codeine just didn't seem to knock me out. I had better luck with Theraflu Warming.”

coughing my head off July 9, 2010

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Knocked the cough but I still have the cold.”

Anonymous March 22, 2010

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “Great Medicine.I Coughed so much that the dr said I have bruised my ribs..very painful,this stuff is the best when you are having severe constant coughing it will give you relief and let you rest.wat better than the otc cough syrups.”

whatzerface March 16, 2010

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin): “I had been coughing for several nights in a row, waking up about 3 times a night and, of course, having trouble going back to sleep because of the cough. I also had the nasal congestion game going on (i.e., sleep on your left side and the left side of your nose plugs up, roll over, and the right side plugs up). I hate that game. I had some Cheratussin AC from last year and I read the bottle. It hadn't expired yet, one month left. I took the higher recommended dose (it had two dosages on it, a low and a high). I went back to bed and slept the entire night through. This stuff worked great for me and I would recommend it. I did wake up with a little bit of a headache, but it wore off after coffee and 15 minutes.”

Learn more about Cough

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)