User Reviews for Chlorpheniramine to treat Allergic Reactions

Also known as: Allergy Relief, Chlor-Trimeton, Chlorphen, Aller-Chlor, Wal-finate, Ricobid H, Ed ChlorPed, Ed-Chlortan, Topco Allergy, Teldrin HBP Allergy, C.P.M., Chlor-Mal, Chlo-Amine, Chlor-Trimeton Allergy SR, Chlorpheniramine (Allergy), ChlorTan Ed Chlor-Tan Allergy Time Ed Chlor Ped Jr. Chlor-Phenit …show all brand names

Chlorpheniramine has an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Allergic Reactions. 82% of those users who reviewed Chlorpheniramine reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Chlorpheniramine Rating Summary

7.9/10 average rating

Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Reactions.

Reviews for Chlorpheniramine

Chiara96 · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2021

“I took only one tablet then after 2 hours I start to feel dizzy, sleepy, numb face, my heart beat started go faster, difficulty in coordinating my hands and, uncontrollable shaking of my body, headache, muscles twitching and muscle weakness! After 24 h I still feeling dizzy and with a numb face sensation!”

Babyface · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2021

“never again this dried me made me ill after just one tablets. After 2 days I'm still shaky for hours, horrid in fact made worse than I was. Horrific side effect symptoms”

Marc · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

“Had severe allergies. Took a 4mg chlorpheniramine pill. Slept like a rock for about 13 hours. Do not take this unless you are going to bed”

Helpu February 16, 2015

Chlor-Trimeton (chlorpheniramine): “I have been taking this for allergic sneezing, itchy eyes, itchy tongue and back if mouth, allergic post-nasal drip. Very effective. My grandmother told me about it forty five or fifty years ago. Don't take it if you have high blood pressure. This is an oldie but a goodie. I prefer the short acting yellow pills rather then the twelve hour pills.”

Anonymous February 27, 2009

Chlor-Trimeton (chlorpheniramine): “I have severe allergies and believe that Chlor-Trimeton has saved my life several times. I have had 10-12 life-threatening anaphylactic attacks over the last 20 years. My attacks usually build slowly, starting with hives, then vomiting and diarrhea, then swelling of my tongue, throat and inner ears. I have found through trial and error that if I can take a 12-hour Chlor-Trimeton in the first 2-4 minutes after the reaction starts, I can stop the reaction all together, or at least get to the hospital without having to use my Epi-pen. I LOVE this medicine for hayfever symptoms as well. Unfortunately, it is getting harder and harder to find the 12 hour tablets.”

csts1 · Taken for 10 years or more August 2, 2012

“Chlorpheniramine right before bedtime does 2 great things for me: (1) reduces allergic build up during sleep (if my hay fever is bad one day or my asthma increasing, often I think back and realize I forgot to take it the night before) and (2) helps me feel drowsy (a normally unwanted side effect that becomes an advantage at night). I take the 12 mg extended release table and really suffer if I run out. GREAT!”

Anonymous August 20, 2009

Chlor-Trimeton (chlorpheniramine): “I can't use Zyrtec or Claritin because they make my ADHD symptoms worse and counteract my Ritalin medication. This is the only antihistamine that works for me and does not make me drowsy (4 hour version). However, the 12 hour one has made me drowsy. ”

Anonymous July 12, 2015

“I had chronic sinus infections growing up, culminating in corrective sinus surgery by age 18, turned out my sinuses were 95% and 60% closed off. Surgery was greatly successful. I was flawless for years, I moved to Oregon and almost right away the cooler more humid climate had a negative effect on my sinuses. Non-stop nasal drip. that feeling of fluid moving around in my sinuses. Runny nose all year round, burning sinus etc. Woke up every morning and had to expel the accumulation from the night. I tried every over the counter sinus med available. I settled on antihistamines as the most helpful. The sinus sprays were quite helpful but $30 for 60 doses is too costly. This form is about $3 for 100 doses or $10 for a 1000. VERY EFFECTIVE!”

Anonymous December 8, 2009

Chlor-Trimeton (chlorpheniramine): “The most effective allergy medicine I've found to treat dog/cat/mold/dust allergies. It's too bad you can't find it any more! ”

Anonymous January 11, 2010

Chlor-Trimeton (chlorpheniramine): “The 4mg dosage works very well for seasonal allergic reactions.”

Hannah B. April 8, 2009

“This little pill works in a BIG way. Everyone I've introduced it to has said the same. I have had allergies for some time now and it's hard to find medicine that works well.”

Wib September 25, 2017

“I used this for my seasonal allergies. Works great but the 12 hour extended release is nearly impossible to find in stock in my area.”

Mina79 September 7, 2008

“I got this in Greece cause of my terrible reaction of the mosquitos. It helped me right away.”

Wikka December 24, 2008