User Reviews for Capzasin-HP

Capzasin-HP has an average rating of 2.9 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 20% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 70% reported a negative effect.

Osteoarthritis  Off-label
Postherpetic Neuralgia
3.3
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
Pain
Summary of Capzasin-HP reviews 2.9 10 reviews

Reviews for Capzasin-HP

Millie · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2020

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I bought this Capzasin-HP yesterday and tried it for my post neuralgia shingles pain. I was very disappointed in it as it caused more pain and my skin looked scalded where I applied it. I had to wash it off after 15 minutes due to the intense burning and apply aloe Vera gel three times in order to get relief. I feel it was a waste of my money just to try it as it was recommended. This should be removed from shelves and not sold as I cringe to think of a small child having this used on them. The burning was intense.”

Kaye July 17, 2019

For Pain: “My Dr recommend this and said he uses it himself Well I bought the product and applied it at 7:00 a.m. and now it's been 15 hrs later and my back is literally on fire I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this product I've tried cold shower Ice , anything cold and yet I'm on fire”

musicalspirit July 19, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “I prefer the initial pain of application than the pain in my spine, hip, and legs. Be careful going out in the sun, even the day after application some residual effects will be felt. Wear latex or plastic gloves when applying and wash your hands after applying. If you touch a part of your body that has capzasin on it, be sure to rewash your hands and DO NOT touch your eyes without washing your hands!”

SadieMarie · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 10, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: “When I lay in bed with osteoarthritis pain and nerve pain...this tends to give a warming sensation to a bit burning which takes my mind off the nerve pain and after a bit (and with my pain meds) I can fall asleep. If you like hot showers in the morning it may warm up a bit while in the hot shower. I wont live without it. I only use it at bed time and when the pain is to great to fall asleep.”

Peg September 8, 2018

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I have had shingles for the past month. I read that Capzasin HP would help the pain after the shingles were healed. Last night I put it on my body from the front, side and back. Instantly it started to burn but I thought the pain would go away in a few minutes. However, the pain intensified and within ten minutes I couldn't tolerate the painfulness of the Capzasin HP on my skin. The whole area was swollen and a bright red rash had developed. I got in the shower and repeatedly wash the whole area with soap and lukewarm water. Then I applied a cold compress to the areas and received some relief. When I went to bed, it felt like I had a heating pad under me. I would not recommend Capzasin HP to anyone with shingles.”

Melanie1965 · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “All 10 of my toes have felt broken x 1 month. They are not broken but I have had osteoarthritis for many years. My pain is so bad that I'm on a medrol dose pack. Last night around 9pm I put gloves on and massaged Capzasin-HP onto each toe. I put on loose socks and eventually went to bed around 1130pm. I just woke up at 1:25am screaming and crying from the severe burning. I am a retired ER RN but had zero knowledge of this. I quickly googled how to neutralize and quickly dumped a brand new large vanilla yogurt on my toes and after a good soak and rinse got back in bed. Now, 20 min. later, I am burning again severely. I called Sanofi Medical complaint line and they're closed and no room for a message. I am so annoyed.”

Nikmad · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2020

For Pain: “I do not recommend this product! I have nerve pain in my foot that hurts like crazy. I thought if I used this product it would soothe the nerves with a little warmth. What I got was a full on 4 alarm fire in my foot. I tried everything I read online to stop the burning. It took me 10 hours to get some relief from the INTENSE burning sensation. One thing it did do was make me forget about the pain in my foot because only thing I could focus on was how to make the burning stop. I read that if you put vinegar on it that it would help. I tried that and instantly got relief. You can use it if you want to but beware the burning is very intense and taking cold showers will not help.”

gygogo123 May 12, 2017

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: “I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet. I had the feeling of socks crunched up. I used this stuff and I added severe burning! I used it 1 1/2 days and returned it. DON'T BUY! I now have burning feet. It will go away, but what kind of cure is burning feet , not less pain. Also if you get on hands it can cause problems so make sure you wash it off This OTC cream should say SEVERE BURNING FEELING POSSIBLE. I never have pain at night when I sleep. Last night I had burning feeling!THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Tera · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2020

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: “I’ve tried everything so I thought I’ll the this OTC cream read the back..I generally don’t ever have any side effects to medication. Until now... I applied it to my ankle and feet. Washed my hands with warm water and soap. Instantly my hands started to burn. Like literally on fire. I washed again with mild soap, again with cold water, again with no soap, again with dish soap. Nothing works. It’s now been 7 hrs and I’m seriousLy so annoyed My ankle still hurts and I’m still on fire!!!!”

marge555 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2016

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I used this when I had shingles for the pain, NowI use it for sebhorea... it burns like the dickens but then numbs. itching stops.”