User Reviews for Candesartan

5.9

Summary of Candesartan reviews 6.2 37 reviews

Reviews for Candesartan

Chester Field · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 17, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "works well at 8 mg brought numbers from 160/95 to 120/75 only interaction is palpitations especially with a couple glasses of wine"

Encourager · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 1, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "This drug brought my BP down but relaxed my esophageal sphincter. Got acid reflux, but I'm healed in after surgery and prayer. Nobody told me this. I stumbled on it while doing research that this can be a side effect. Taking olive leaf extract, 1000 mg per day. Seems to be working. Getting off of this Atacand as soon as I can."

Fanny · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on Candesartan 8 mg. for about 4 months. I take it at night and it really helps me sleep! BP came down nice. My problem is, it makes me feel tired all day. Really push myself to keep active, but all I want to do most afternoons is nap!"

yorky · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I started off on lowest dose of candesartan for high blood pressure, then I was increased to current 32mg over 12 months. Luckily I had no side effects, but no effect on BP at all! I started off at 160+/90+ hr 70+/- and I am still at that now. I'm 56 years old, not overweight eat healthily, now on clopidogrel as well and low dose omeprazole (16 years) ,feel like I'm starting to rattle!!"

Simon · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 12, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Tried Calcium Channel blocker and felt ill and tired. Tries AEB and gave me cough. Candisartan brought blood pressure down to normal and no side effects"

justanotherstar · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "Has been a life changer for me. I suffered from chronic migraines. A day didn't go by without it happening, I would sometimes be awake all night as well. This led to a lot of time off work, with increased stress, which only made things worse. I was prescribed Topimarate, which I had to quit after only 3 days due to awful side effects for me. Propranolol worked amazingly but I suffer from asthma and it made my attacks very worrying as my inhaler would not work to combat the asthma. Candesartan, at only 8mg a day, has made my life worth living. It has reduced the constant daily throbbing to practically nothing. I have my sense of humour back and a reason for getting out of work. Also, for me, zero side effects. Incredible."

SMC · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 15, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "Amazing, I was experiencing debilitating migraines, previous prescriptions did not work, I titrated from 4 -16mg and gained relief and got my life back."

Ang · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 11, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I have been suffering from migraines increasingly since 2000. I have tried about 10 different drugs for prophylaxis and only sodium valproate worked at 1g per day. It then stopped working. Candesartan 8mg has been a complete breakthrough. 4mg was no good but since I have been on 8mg I have got my life back. I’ve taken it for about a year now."

Thelovelyjho · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I am so shocked this worked. And at such a lose dose. First time I have been migraine free since I started having migraines. Minor side effects like leg cramping which are annoying but no where near as bad as migraines. So happy!!"

Bryan August 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on candasartan for over a year. It upset my tummy a lot"

Multi-Condition-Survivor · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 20, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a multi-stroke survivor who has silent migraines with auras; malignant hypertension (MHP)and Crohn's. Have tried many BP medications but the adverse effects I couldn't tolerated, especially the dizziness (already a fall risk after the strokes). A doctor seeing that I'm sensitive to medications and hypokalemic, put me on Candesartan as it's a potassium sparing medication; has a strong BP lowering effect; and less side-effects than ACE inhibitors. No adverse effects. One of the few medications that is like a sugar pill to me to take. It's not enough to control my MHP itself even at 32mg, but combined with another and a water pill it can get my 230/120 BP down to 120/80s. I still have silent migraines with auras with Candesartan, but it, and elimination of caffeine, reduces the auras to about once a month. Overall, very pleased with the medication."

Peter · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "35-year-old Caucasian male. I have taken this drug (the + version with the hydrochlorothizide diuretic) for several years and it has kept my blood pressure where it should be. No side effects. I initially switched to this ARB due to the persistent cough associated with ACE inhibitors. Recommended"

Joni · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 29, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "First medication I have tried in 30 years of trying that has help to control the frequency and severity of my migraines."

Val · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 25, 2018

Atacand (candesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I had shortness of breath, puffy left foot, itchy scalp, weight gain abdominal fullness, loose bowels, and still had high blood pressure. When I was taking 32mg I also dark urine, joint pain muscle calf pain. I could not walk far I had been walking between 3 and 4 klms daily ended up not being able to walk half a kilometre. This drug did not make me feel better. I started off on 8mg - that was ok, then 16mg ok but at 32mg dose I had huge problems"

Rita · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 22, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on Candesartan for over a year. The side effects are terrible headaches, tingling of face and arm, insomnia, constant fatigue, dry cough, constant need of clearing throat. The list goes on! I don't recommend it!"

Janjann · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 28, 2017

Atacand (candesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "The only medication that controls my blood press all the time, even when in a stressful situation. Still have to take a diuretic. No hot flashes or ear draining."

kmh123 September 14, 2017

For Migraine Prevention: "I have suffered with migraines for the past 34 years. I had chronic acute migraines (18-27 per month). I have been on more preventive medications than I can count. My neurologist put me on candesartan because nothing else had worked. I started at 4 mg and now take 8mg. In the three months that I have been on candesartan, I have only had a handful of very treatable migraines. I feel like my life is in my control now and my migraines no longer control me."

CC234 June 3, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I experienced side effects that included muscular pain, especially in the arms, shoulders and neck, as well as fatigue, inability to concentrate in the evenings, and slight depression. As soon as I reduced the medication, I began to feel better. After a week of taking half of the dose, my doctor took me off. I now feel 10 years younger. I have no pain, I am much less tired and I can concentrate again!"

Bleeding · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "do not take this stuff - you have been warned."

ToNiOZ · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Took two Candesartan 8mg. 12 hours after the second dose, I started to feel something in my throat. The beginning of an allergic reaction. I had a quite severe throat swelling. It only lasted 12 hours. Be careful when you start using this drug"

Moorsman · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 17, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "For the past few months I have noticed a fast and irregular heartbeat which at times scared. I stopped taking the candesartin 3 days ago and I feel so much better. Will be visiting doctor asap"

Nettie 1964 October 24, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I was prescribed this drug for migraine prevention,starting at 4mg and increasing the dosage by 4mg until I got to 16mg,if the migraines had not improved. They didn't and the side effects I experienced were extremely loud tinnitus at 8mg and above,hair loss,acid reflux resulting in the need to take omeprazole to counteract this,insomnia,hot sweats,nausea and weight gain of 22lb due to the fact of feeling so ill,I was unable to do regular exercise.Not a nice drug and did not reduce the severity of my migraine."

Paul05 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 9, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "My neurologist recommended candesartan for my migraines. I was already on Nortriptyline and getting good results. The idea was that I could stop my high blood pressure medication and use a single drug to manage both. Candesartan has worked extremely well. It has reduced my migraines from 1-2 per week to 1-2 per month. I found it works better than Nortriptyline for me. Plus is also helps to control my high blood pressure. The only problem I have are rebound headaches if I miss more than 1 dose. It takes only 2 days before I'm hit with severe migraines if I stop."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I took Candesartan to prevent chronic migraines. Instead, it started triggering them on a daily basis. Once I realized the medication was the culprit, I stopped taking it. My neuro prescribed me 10 mg amitriptyline, which stopped the daily migraines, but like another reviewer wrote, it took approximately two weeks for me to stop experiencing severe anxiety and panic caused by the Candesartan. It was a horrible drug for me."

Singer63 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 12, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I'm in the UK and was prescribed Candesartan for migraine prorphilaxys and mild hypertension ~10 months ago and it's been a complete success. Was instructed to titrate dose from 8 mg up to 32mg, but stopped at 16mg as 32mg was making me drowsy. Migraines have reduced from > 1 per week to 1 every 2 - 3 months, which is a huge benefit."

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)