User Reviews for Candesartan systemic

High Blood Pressure
5.9

Summary of Candesartan reviews 6.3 31 reviews

Reviews for Candesartan

For Migraine Prevention: "Amazing, I was experiencing debilitating migraines, previous prescriptions did not work, I titrated from 4 -16mg and gained relief and got my life back."

SMC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I have been suffering from migraines increasingly since 2000. I have tried about 10 different drugs for prophylaxis and only sodium valproate worked at 1g per day. It then stopped working. Candesartan 8mg has been a complete breakthrough. 4mg was no good but since I have been on 8mg I have got my life back. I’ve taken it for about a year now."

Ang (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I am so shocked this worked. And at such a lose dose. First time I have been migraine free since I started having migraines. Minor side effects like leg cramping which are annoying but no where near as bad as migraines. So happy!!"

Thelovelyjho (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on candasartan for over a year. It upset my tummy a lot"

Bryan August 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a multi-stroke survivor who has silent migraines with auras; malignant hypertension (MHP)and Crohn's. Have tried many BP medications but the adverse effects I couldn't tolerated, especially the dizziness (already a fall risk after the strokes). A doctor seeing that I'm sensitive to medications and hypokalemic, put me on Candesartan as it's a potassium sparing medication; has a strong BP lowering effect; and less side-effects than ACE inhibitors. No adverse effects. One of the few medications that is like a sugar pill to me to take. It's not enough to control my MHP itself even at 32mg, but combined with another and a water pill it can get my 230/120 BP down to 120/80s. I still have silent migraines with auras with Candesartan, but it, and elimination of caffeine, reduces the auras to about once a month. Overall, very pleased with the medication."

Multi-Condition-Survivor (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 20, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "35-year-old Caucasian male. I have taken this drug (the + version with the hydrochlorothizide diuretic) for several years and it has kept my blood pressure where it should be. No side effects. I initially switched to this ARB due to the persistent cough associated with ACE inhibitors. Recommended"

Peter (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "First medication I have tried in 30 years of trying that has help to control the frequency and severity of my migraines."

Joni (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2018

Atacand (candesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I had shortness of breath, puffy left foot, itchy scalp, weight gain abdominal fullness, loose bowels, and still had high blood pressure. When I was taking 32mg I also dark urine, joint pain muscle calf pain. I could not walk far I had been walking between 3 and 4 klms daily ended up not being able to walk half a kilometre. This drug did not make me feel better. I started off on 8mg - that was ok, then 16mg ok but at 32mg dose I had huge problems"

Val (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on Candesartan for over a year. The side effects are terrible headaches, tingling of face and arm, insomnia, constant fatigue, dry cough, constant need of clearing throat. The list goes on! I don't recommend it!"

Rita (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2018

Atacand (candesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "The only medication that controls my blood press all the time, even when in a stressful situation. Still have to take a diuretic. No hot flashes or ear draining."

Janjann (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 28, 2017

For Migraine Prevention: "I have suffered with migraines for the past 34 years. I had chronic acute migraines (18-27 per month). I have been on more preventive medications than I can count. My neurologist put me on candesartan because nothing else had worked. I started at 4 mg and now take 8mg. In the three months that I have been on candesartan, I have only had a handful of very treatable migraines. I feel like my life is in my control now and my migraines no longer control me."

kmh123 September 14, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I experienced side effects that included muscular pain, especially in the arms, shoulders and neck, as well as fatigue, inability to concentrate in the evenings, and slight depression. As soon as I reduced the medication, I began to feel better. After a week of taking half of the dose, my doctor took me off. I now feel 10 years younger. I have no pain, I am much less tired and I can concentrate again!"

CC234 June 3, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "do not take this stuff - you have been warned."

Bleeding (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Took two Candesartan 8mg. 12 hours after the second dose, I started to feel something in my throat. The beginning of an allergic reaction. I had a quite severe throat swelling. It only lasted 12 hours. Be careful when you start using this drug"

ToNiOZ (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "For the past few months I have noticed a fast and irregular heartbeat which at times scared. I stopped taking the candesartin 3 days ago and I feel so much better. Will be visiting doctor asap"

Moorsman (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2017

For Migraine Prevention: "I was prescribed this drug for migraine prevention,starting at 4mg and increasing the dosage by 4mg until I got to 16mg,if the migraines had not improved. They didn't and the side effects I experienced were extremely loud tinnitus at 8mg and above,hair loss,acid reflux resulting in the need to take omeprazole to counteract this,insomnia,hot sweats,nausea and weight gain of 22lb due to the fact of feeling so ill,I was unable to do regular exercise.Not a nice drug and did not reduce the severity of my migraine."

Nettie 1964 October 24, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "My neurologist recommended candesartan for my migraines. I was already on Nortriptyline and getting good results. The idea was that I could stop my high blood pressure medication and use a single drug to manage both. Candesartan has worked extremely well. It has reduced my migraines from 1-2 per week to 1-2 per month. I found it works better than Nortriptyline for me. Plus is also helps to control my high blood pressure. The only problem I have are rebound headaches if I miss more than 1 dose. It takes only 2 days before I'm hit with severe migraines if I stop."

Paul05 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 9, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I took Candesartan to prevent chronic migraines. Instead, it started triggering them on a daily basis. Once I realized the medication was the culprit, I stopped taking it. My neuro prescribed me 10 mg amitriptyline, which stopped the daily migraines, but like another reviewer wrote, it took approximately two weeks for me to stop experiencing severe anxiety and panic caused by the Candesartan. It was a horrible drug for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I'm in the UK and was prescribed Candesartan for migraine prorphilaxys and mild hypertension ~10 months ago and it's been a complete success. Was instructed to titrate dose from 8 mg up to 32mg, but stopped at 16mg as 32mg was making me drowsy. Migraines have reduced from > 1 per week to 1 every 2 - 3 months, which is a huge benefit."

Singer63 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 12, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Severe depression, anxiety, panic attacks . Quality of life has decreased..Sometimes does not lower blood pressure. Have asked my doctor to switch me to another receptor blockers called Teteven."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 30, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "At my request following online research I asked my GP to change me from Losartan to Candesartan as I was not getting satisfactory BP control. In less than a week my BP has gone from 160/89 down to 135/80 on 12mgs. I feel fantastic and have no obvious side effects. I wish I'd made the change sooner."

Janhoppo (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I had a horrible experience on candesartan. I tapered up from 4 mg to 16 mg over a period of 6 weeks. Before 16 mg, there was no effect on my migraines, which I usually get around 6 times/month. The day I started taking 16 mg, however, the candesartan triggered daily migraines, which has never happened to me before in the 15 years since I started getting migraines (I'm now 44). It took me 4 days to realize the candesartan was triggering the migraines, at which point I stopped cold turkey. The daily migraines then continued for 6 more days until I started taking Amitriptyline 10 mg. As well as daily migraines, I also experienced severe anxiety, panic attacks, depression, and loss of appetite once I stopped the candesartan."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Side effects for me are headaches, muscle pain & insomnia"

Davelom August 26, 2015

Atacand (candesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Chronic sinus and ear drainage"

cazzie123 September 3, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on this for quite a while, and problems have increased over that period. I seem to be suffering from all the side effects which are supposed to be relatively uncommon."

Erictheowl (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2013