User Reviews for Sublocade

Opiate Dependence - Maintenance
6.7

Summary of Sublocade reviews 7.5 47 reviews

Reviews for Sublocade

For Opiate Dependence "Was prescribed the tablets (then, films) for 2 years before I finally got the Sublocade injection. I did not dose as normal on the morning of the injection. The injection *burned* going in, lasting about 1-2 minutes. Right away I could tell that a decent amount of buprenorphine had entered my system. I told my doctor that I hadn't dosed my films that morning; he suggested that it might help to take 1 or 2 films, in addition to the injection. I took 2 films and, no doubt about it, I had a significant amount of bupe in my system. Slept really good that first night, and when I woke up I could tell that I'd woken up with a good amount of bupe already in my system. And this matches clinical trials data that 'Tmax', following first injection, is at about 24 hours -- i.e., an initial peak in plasma bupe levels occurs about 24 hours after the initial injection. So now am waiting to see what the coming days bring. My hope is that I'll be totally free from having to put things under my tongue."

ForeignWars Correspondent (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I first got this shot may 2018. Before the shot I was taking suboxone 1x day 8mg. Before suboxone I was on 120mg of methadone. I was feeling some withdrawals and discomfort on suboxone so my doctor recommended to do this shot instead of the film. It was the best thing I could have done. I have had no withdrawals yet. I started 2 months 300mg then down to 100mg I felt some withdrawals when switching the doses. I called my doctor and said I wanted to stay on 300mg longer cuz of some withdrawals. I have been sober almost 7 years. I also had no side effects. But it hurts and stings going in, but to me it’s worth it. I live in New York and I have Medicaid and they completely cover the cost."

Kelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I am unsure about this shot. I have gotten it twice now and had to fight for the second injection. The first time I got it I was only two in 5,000 people where the shot didn’t properly dissolve into my body and I had extreme withdrawals after two days. They even did a urine and blood test and my bup scores were 500 on the strips and down to 70 by the time they believed I was in withdrawal and put me back on to strips. I just got my second one by a different doctor after the doctors spoke to pharma and any other doctors about their opinions on me getting a second dose because I want off suboxone, I’ve been stuck on it for 5 years and had two children during this time. I want to be free and I experience insane withdrawal when I wean off of strips. So it’s day two and I am getting some hot and cold sweats but feel a little more tired than last time and I am not feeling as “sick” as last time. I am so hopeful! I will update this in 10 days! :)"

Mare January 31, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "**I tried to ask my doctor the equivalent of suboxone to sublocade... I guess there isn’t an answer** After being on Suboxone for the past 2 years. I felt I was suddenly pushed into this by my doctor. They’ve been giving it to all their other clients. I heard “everyone feels great on it” and I thought hey it’d be nice to not have to take it daily. (2/ 8mg films once daily) it left a ROCK in my stomach from the actual injection (which wasn’t too bad (WITH the novocaine)). So fast forward it’s about my 3rd week on it. I just woke up & have no desire whatsoever to get out of bed. When I do get up I feel like puking (not in a good way) and the nausea has been EVERY single day along with very annoying headaches. Not sure why it’s so expensive? Likely because it is new."

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I just received my 4th shot of Sublocade today after taking Suboxone for almost 10 years and being a multiple drug addict for years before that. This shot has literally changed my life. When I was in the pills it was like I would crave them, but now I don't even think about it. I wake up feeling great and stable all through the day, all through the month. It's been amazing for me."

HairGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Update from my review on 2018-12-15. I am on my 3rd shot which is now lowered to 100mg. The shot is very very painful, it burns like none other. I might be acting like a a brat but damn does that burn. I have a good amount of fat on my belly tho so that may be why. I can still feel the last 2 depots from the 300mg shot so know that medicine is still in me and have not had a single bad day. I truly believe this is the miracle drug for getting off opioids. Also, the mg of the shot cannot be compared to the strips. 300mg of sublocade is much more than 300mg of suboxone due to the method of absorption."

Luckbox January 11, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I did a study for the shot in 2016. After 7 years of injecting heroin they accepted me and my fiancé in the study. It was like we hit the lottery. It took a few days for us to adjust to it, but when we did it was amazing! It really helps with your dopamine levels and cravings. We took it for 13 months and then we got off it. We didn’t have any withdrawl symptoms or pain at all following our last shot. I highly recommend it to any opiate users. It was the only way we quit using after seven years."

Magic (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I have been taking 8 mg of suboxone for 2.5 years now, and decided to make the switch to the shot to break the habit of waking up and expecting to take something every morning. 2 hours in and I am a little tired, but other than that all is well. Have not taken any suboxone since yesterday morning and so far no withdrawal symptoms. So that’s 32 hours without suboxone and getting the shot 2 hours ago with no withdrawal so far, I think I’m good to go. I was told some people experience withdrawal at the beginning of getting this shot, but I think that only happens to those that switch from a very high dose of suboxone (above 12 mg) without tapering down some first. I’m no doctor, but have plenty of experience with addiction. My suggestion would be to make sure your on a regular dose of 8 mg per day of suboxone before getting the shot. If you do, and attend NA meetings regularly, this medicine is really a life saver. Don’t depend on the medicine alone, get involved in your local NA!!"

Dave December 26, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I had my first shot 12/9/18 I feel as if I'm starting to get small signs of withdraw the runny nose watery eyes but I'm having trouble deciphering if its my head or if its real withdraw. I want the shot to work soooo very badly. I guess I just gotta see what the next few days brings."

Bobbi (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "The shot is painful, but only takes 30 seconds. 30 seconds for 30 days is a trade off I'm good with. It works. Does everything it claims. Couldn't be happier or agree more with the below positive reviews. I will say tho if you aren't taking 12mgs+ a day, that 300mg shot is going to be very strong, you will sleep hard. Highly recommend! I have great insurance and I'm willing to pay out of network costs just for this."

Luckbox (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "So I just got my 3rd sublocade shot 300 today. I'm very happy w the shot! My insurance covers it for $5.00. The only thing I'm worried about is when I decide to get off the shot. Has anyone decided to stop the shot? If so was there any w/d symptoms?"

Anonymous December 10, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I received my injection 4 days ago and so far so good. I was on 12 mg of suboxone and the daily habit of taking the strip wasn’t allowing me to fully recover from addiction and change my habits/lifestyle. The strips were a crutch as I looked forward to taking them. Waking up and knowing I had something to take or splitting my doses into smaller increments through out the day because I thought I’d feel better are all addict behavior. With the shot I am very excited to break the hand to mouth habit and get the notion of taking something everyday multiple times to feel better. Now I can just live my life and start to change my habits. Will update towards the end of the month."

Kje35 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "My son was one of the first shots released in April. He just got shot number 8. He feels great. No withdrawals. No ups and downs. No cravings. Doesn’t even think about it. Lives a completely normal life now. The shot hurts but he says it’s worth it. I am so grateful for this medicine. The choice of taking suboxone every day was not working for him Having the shot in him with no choice made all the difference. He wants to stop at shot 12."

Mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Been on Suboxone for a little over a year and a half, taking the smallest amounts possible just to stave off the withdrawal symptoms that come with Suboxone. Got addicted after a friend offered me them as a treatment for my addiction problem. Anyway a year and a half trying tapering down and suffering with Suboxone I went to the doctors myself and got the 300 sublocade shot yesterday. So far been very sleepy, dizzy, and blurry vision, these side effects are going away slowly through the day tho. Read someone had a great experience, happy to have read that. Will post back when further into the program."

Swim (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was addicted to pain pills for about six years before I had enough and decided to try and get my life together. Went to rehab and shortly after started Suboxone maintenance. Yes, like most of us, I was happy and my life changed dramatically. But part of me felt like it was just a transfer of one drug to another. After two years of suboxone treatments, my doctor brought up the topic of Sublocade. Fast forward and I get my first shot. Holy moly it hurts. I'm a pretty skinny guy, so injecting that much medicine under the skin leaves a huge lump. THAT and that alone is my only issue with the medication. I decided after two shots that I would not continue with the medication and would switch back to the Suboxone. Came time for my next appointment with my doctor, but I still felt amazing. No withdrawal, no issues. So I pushed back my appointment. Long story short, it has been almost 3 months and I have not been back to my doctor. I still feel amazing, no withdrawal, no nothing."

iFeelGreat November 15, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on sublicade for 5 mths, its a miracle. Never could I imagine not taking something after 30 yrs (yes yrs!) of being a heroine addict, i just can't believe it. I'm in month 5 n going strong. I'd advise any opiate addict to give it a go, you won't regret it."

Nene October 31, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Amazing feeling & consistently so. No worries of getting stuck without medication, and no ups & downs. Shot hurts a bit - but well worth it. It’s been a tad difficult dropping to the 100mg maintenance dose but easily managed and far superior to the 12mg suboxone film I’ve been on for years. My doctor gave me 10 subutex to help my body adjust and almost a month later I have over 8.5 left. Honestly I’m not sure I needed any at all. I never thought I would be so happy to get my medication injected into me once a month. Insurance has been very good to me regarding coverage as well. Best regards all"

Y. Samson (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I have been on 8mg Suboxone for 12 months and transitioned to Sublocade 300mg, 4 days ago. I think my Dr. messed up the shot as I was his first Sublocade patient. I have a blister on the site where it was injected, I don't think he put the needle in far enough. Anyways, aside from that, the shot has worked as intended. The first day I felt normal after, I was instructed to take my dose before the shot but I only took 4mg. I feel great 4 days later, my second day I felt a little WD but not much. Day 3 and 4 have been totally normal so far. I hope the blister heals and hope my experience is better than some on this thread. I'll update at week 2."

Crypto3 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I wanted to update my review on Sublocade. I decided to fight through those few days of not feeling great, and I am doing a lot better now. If you experience a little withdrawal, you should try to stick with it and see if it goes away. Like I said, the first 4 days were great, and then on the 5th day I started to feel mild withdrawal. The mild withdrawal only took another 5 days to get over and now I feel great. Now I am getting my second shot tomorrow. They say that your blood levels go up with each shot that you get. I still have a lump in my stomach, but I can tell half of it dissolved. It looks like you will have 2 to 3 depots supplying medicine at a time during Sublocade treatment.I really enjoy not going to the pharmacy and keeping track of film and pills. This is much better. I am glad I stuck with it. It is much better than the Probuphine implant that I had."

Jamey (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Three weeks into the Sublocade shot and I just had to call in to my sub doctor to get put back on the pills. I thought I could shake the cravings but then withdrawal came. Watery eyes, runny nose. Severe back pain and absolutely no sleep. I was told that it was PROBABLY bc I have a very high metabolism. Which is true, I do. I've never weighed over 135 my entire life and I'm 31 now. But doing some deep research on the shot and according to the welcome packet I also received it said the shot isn't intended for anyone who is on a dose higher than 8 mg. And I was on 16 mg a day before three weeks ago. Idk maybe I read that wrong but thats my story. It didn't work well for me. But everyone is different. If it works for you, stick to it. Its a nice idea. Maybe after I've been tapered down some I'll go back but its just too big a jump from 16mgs a day for a year and a half to that shot. Not to mention its very painful."

CJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I’ve been on suboxone films for 10 years and it did save my life. A lot of Dr’s and people have NO clue what they’re talking because Suboxone doesn’t get you high at all and you can’t compare it to methadone but switched to Sublocade shot and so far love it. I don’t have to remember to take it and no ups and downs. AAA plus for this med"

JJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Hello all.. I’ve switched over from 12-14 mg a day sub films (about 3 years on) with peak usage of three 8mg films per day. I was always feeling the up’s & down, and sometimes even feeling opiate sick in the mornings. On Sublocade that all went away. I wish I could summarize all the benefits I’ve experienced since the switch! The best part it’s fully covered by insurance. This stuffs actually brings the sense of normality back into livelihood. No more fears of having enough meds or filling prescriptions & etc. Regarding the injection - it’s no fun, but also far from the worst thing I’ve ever felt. It feels like a typical shot with the liquid having a warming effect upon entry. Ironically & contrary to what I’ve read here from some, the only withdrawal I ever felt on Sublocade starts if I delay my injection past 30 days. Nonetheless it’s comes light and pales in comparison to suboxone ups & downs! I couldn’t recommend this product enough. Wish you all the best"

Yani A October 5, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "In Tennessee, if you have Medicaid, the shot is completely covered. I'm completely at ease. If you're really willing to quit, the medication will work. However, stop relying on the medication alone. See a therapist, and go to meetings. They have them online. Sublocade has a program where you only have to pay $5 a shot most of the time if you're not on state medicaid. I do what I'm supposed to do to stay clean. If you truly want the same thing, you'll do what you gotta do. And if you try this medication, do the things I've suggested here, stop making excuses, and change your lifestyle, you will get clean and stay that way. It's time to be honest with yourself and get a grip!!!!!!"

NRodriguez (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I just got my first sublocade injection I'm praying it works. It is actually 6mgs less than what I take daily so I hope I don't start having withdrawal symptoms it would really suck because I have been doing so well on zubsolv."

Spursfan (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "The stuff is great but the price is insane $1600 dollors. For a month of meds. Just go on methadone way cheaper and its just as good. What a ripoff. I see pharmacy companies are looking for other big money drugs like they made a killing on opioids now this. It is supposed to help people not robbed them unbelievable."

Booger (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018