User Reviews for Sublocade

Opiate Dependence
8.7

Reviews for Sublocade

FFsti June 1, 2021

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: “I’ve been on Suboxone for over 20 years. Down to 2mg per day. These days I just use it to take the edge off... but I’m really sick of it TBH. Although I like the buzz I get from it.. I’m tired of having to take it all the time. I don’t really get very sick from withdrawals but it is uncomfortable , with the usual sweats , cramps and headaches. I’m hoping this will make it easier. I saw all your success stories.. so I figured what’s the worst that could happen? They started me on 64mg Subudole. They said it’s similar to Subucade but smaller doses for lower mg addicts. The dose definitely hurts (ouch!) but it goes away within 10min. ATM I feel ok a few hours later. I definitely still have a buzz so all good so far. I just want to live life free of this crap for once. Also I’m on Effexor which I’ve been able to get down to 75mg but I’m not going to lower that until I’m off subs completely. So far so good.”

JesusIsLord86 · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2021

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: “Just had my 1st Sublocade injection few days ago. It BURNED so bad going in, it felt like fire under my skin. That afternoon, I was leaning over my armrest in my car to pay for my food and briefly hit my injection site, it felt like I was injected all over again, intense burning. It has been 3 days and I have not had any cravings nor withdraw symptoms. If you can stand to over look the pain from the injection site, redness, itching, burning from the medication, then it is a pretty good alternative to taking the pills or film every day. I have a way to go before fully sold, but I will update you on my after my 3rd injection, I will be on the maintenance dose. So I pray it all works out because I would like to use the sublocade to come off Suboxone for good within a year or two, if all goes well. Not worrying about having to take my Suboxone everyday, having it “out of sight, out of mind” can be a game changer, if it holds up and I don’t experience any major side effects or withdrawals.”

TrOyByERS · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2021

For Opiate Dependence: “G'day all I got my 1st injection today and took my last suboxone last night. I have read most of these reviews and I really hope it works for me. I was on 8 suboxone a day for 5 years. I'll try and keep you updated so wish me luck :-) I just hope I feel as normal as possible considering suboxone was working great.”

bkuyk369 December 9, 2020

For Opiate Dependence: “I was on Suboxone for roughly 5 years after being addicted to opiates. Suboxone was a life saver but was also such a pain in the ass. I wanted to get off badly, but was so terrified of the withdrawals that everyone on the web said could last 1-6 months. So my Dr. suggested Sublocade, and I agreed to give it a try. The injection stung but I immediately felt great, and no issues going from Suboxone (8mg’s a day) to Sublocade. After being on Sublocade for about a year feeling so much better I started reading all the great reviews about Sublocade stating the withdrawals are very minimal if any at all, I plan to take my last injection on the 13th of December and I know I will do great! I will update in a couple months. Wish me luck.”

Bree January 24, 2021

For Opiate Dependence: “This medication Sublocade saved my life!!! 14 years I lost to heroin addiction! I had tried suboxone, methadone, rehabs, drug courts I tried it all with short success! I used sublocade for an entire year on a grant knowing there was no way I could ever afford it. But I am living proof there is a new and successful way to get your life back. I not only feel the best I've felt since I tried heroin I also have my 4 year old child back. I will forever thank the maker of this miracle medication and I hope someone out there considering the chance to take this....to do it and not for one month like an entire year! My first 2 injections were 300 mg the next 10 months my injection was 100 mg! The grant is now finished and I have been without any opiate blocker for 6 days and feel the same as with the treatment! I have not had one craving one thought one withdrawal so far! I wish anyone out there good luck on there journey to recovery !”

HD · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 2, 2020

For Opiate Dependence: “Sublocade saved my life! I was on suboxone for 2 years and my Dr suggested I switch to sublocade, I was sold when he told me I’d only have to come in once every 4 weeks. After getting 3 sublocade injections I stopped cold turkey because I just wanted my life back. To my surprise it has now been 4 months since my last dose and I have had ZERO withdrawals, that’s right, none!!! I had tried to ween off of suboxone and even the 2mg shift made me ill but stopping sublocade cold turkey I had no withdrawals. It’s seriously a miracle. If you have been wanting to quit but you can’t bare the withdrawals, or if you’re feeling hopeless that you’re going to be on opiate blockers for the rest of your life I strongly encourage you to get 1 sublocade injection and see how you feel. Out of 12 of my Drs patients who have stopped sublocade cold turkey not one of them has been back to the clinic, they’re all living opiate free lives now, including me! It has truly given me my life back.”

Markie September 19, 2020

For Opiate Dependence: “Update: Stopped Sublocade injection in early March. It’s now been seven months since my last injection. My opiate issue was I was on heroin, then methadone, then suboxone since the late 1990s. I was very stable on the methadone and suboxone , and was on 8 mgs when I started sublocade in summer 2019. I had 7 or 8 injections up till early March 2020. Then , I decided to stop the injection to see if I could finally get off the merry-go-round. I have to say it was pretty much a piece of cake.... mild symptoms here and there but NOTHING compared to suboxone withdrawal. I essentially had some sweating here and there, some lack of energy sometimes but was pretty much normal. Libido returned after about 3 months (thank god) and now I think I’m pretty much back to normal. Slept every night during entire time. So happy”

Free · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: “I have tried everything to stop using heroin. 2 grams a day for 15 years. I’ve done multiple rehabs, cold turkey, methadone, suboxone strips. You name it and I have failed at it. I got 1 shot of the 300 mg and have never gotten another shot. It’s 4 months later and I HAVE HAD ZERO WITHDRAWALS!!! This drug is amazing.”

Markie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 22, 2020

For Opiate Dependence: “I’ve been on heroin, then methadone and finally suboxone for nearly 2 decades. My dose has been one 8mg strip a day for several years. I had nasty withdrawals trying to lower my dose. I became resigned to a life long dependence on suboxone. About 9 months ago switched to Sublocade injection. Two months at 300mgs then four months of 100mgs. I decided to discontinue the injections in early March. It’s now late June and Im finally off bupe . I have to say I had very little withdrawals . It almost seems too good to be true. All the lumps from the injections have finally disappeared, and I think I’m about 95% through it. Very very easy kick compared to trying to wean down off Suboxone strips. I’ve been 3 1/2 months without an injection and I’ve achieved what I thought was impossible. I thought I would be hooked on Suboxone strips for the rest of my life.”

Jersey Grl · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2020

For Opiate Dependence: “I have been on medication for opiate dependence since 2007. The majority of that time spent on Suboxone 8mg. But as much as 16mg daily and for a short time 4mg daily. About 6 weeks ago my doctor suggested Sublocade due to the fact that I was unable to make it to my WEEKLY appts for a Suboxone Rx and treatment with Sublocade meant I only needed to come into the office monthly. With some hesitation and reluctance I finally agreed, as the alternative was discharge from my program. I understood my biggest fears to be not having the medication in my possession to feed the habit of taking something EVERYDAY. And also the fear that it wouldn't last 30 days, being sick with withdrawals and not having anything to stop that. Well, I was beyond pleasantly surprised by how my body took to this drug. I cannot say enough positive things about the medication. I would recommend this medication to anybody who has found trouble with the alternative, Suboxone.”

Creole Queen March 10, 2021

For Opiate Dependence: “I was on opioids for 8 years, I recently checked myself into a facility for 30 days which had me on a total of 12mg Subs a day. I recently received my sublocade injection 2 weeks ago.There was a slight sensation upon injection (lasted maybe 20 seconds), which I felt at at the end. I haven't had any cravings at all what so ever. My injection site is perfectly fine (I have very sensitive skin). Little bump that's it. I feel so free! I hope this information inspires someone on their journey or about to start.”

Dooder March 29, 2020

For Opiate Dependence: “I have been a heroin/ benzo/ whatever you got type of drug user for over 25 years. Done methadone/ suboxone maintenance for years at a time over the years. Started a buprenorphine program and my Dr. told me about Sublocade. Decided to give it a try..... My first 2 months were 300 mg shots. I started to participate and get involved in 12 step meetings again, exercising daily and other spiritual type exercises, meditation etc... Got a 100 mg shot my 3rd month and decided to try to just let myself detox after the 30 day shot wore off. I had extra suboxone/ bupe just in case. That was 3 months ago. Never needed the aid of the Suboxone / buprenorphine...and NO noticeable detox, WHATSOEVER! Take it from someone with a 25 year habit, hope to die, heroin addict (Anybody who knows me can vouch...) if you want freedom from active drug addiction...Sublocade will take you there but it's up to you to stay there. It works if you work it. Amazing drug.”

Anth January 19, 2021

For Opiate Dependence: “I struggled with a severe heroin/fentanyl addiction for 10 plus years. I had been to at least 14 rehabs not counting detoxes and incarcerations. I've overdosed so many times that I had lost count. I had hit my "rock bottom" and made the decision to stop only to later relapse and find out that my bottom could always be a dug a little deeper. I had truly lost the will to live. I had destroyed everything that I had ever loved or cared about. I had contemplated and attempted suicide via o.d.ing. I've went the suboxone and methadone routes to inevitably end up right back where I started. I was stuck in what seemed to be a ground hogs day in the deepest crevices of mental, physical, and emotional never ending nightmare. I came to truly understand through witnessing the outcomes of other addicts that my two options were death or prison. I've been on sublocade for I believe 11 months now. I have a life that I am grateful for today. No NA rehab or incarceration involved. This medication saved my life.”

AddictedToItAll January 24, 2021

For Opiate Dependence: “I had been prescribed Suboxone for opioid use disorder for the last 5 years. I got the sublocade shot 3 months ago and I have to say, my life is overall better since switching to the shot. I never woke up feeling like this, normal, on suboxone, until after I had taken a dosage. Now there are no ups and downs. I feel the same all the time, no matter what, thanks to the injection. I got on the injection because my husband was abusing part of my prescription of suboxone so in order for me to get out of this cycle, my doctor recommended the injection after I finally came clean about him. This way, no one can take advantage of me for having pills they want. I can’t say enough good about sublocade. It is impossible to abuse given that it has to be administered by a health care professional, there are absolutely no ups and downs, you feel the same normal way all the time, and it’s only a once a month commitment.”

JG August 3, 2020

For Opiate Dependence: “I got 3 shots Sublocade the first 2 were the 300mg and then the last one was the 100mg. They told me I may feel withdrawals before the end of the month before the next shot but I never did. The first week was hard because I couldn’t sleep and was irritable. After first week I was really good. I went for 2 more because I thought I had too but as I went I didn’t like the lumps and felt I didn’t need it. The last shot was in March and now it’s August and I never felt any withdrawal. I have tiny lumps still but they are smaller. I do feel great. I wake up and I’m normal. The injection stings at first but pain goes away. It is life changing. I didn’t go back for more bc I felt I didn’t need too.I finally have my life back and for real. No fake bs I am one that’s completely shocked bc I didn’t believe in this. I don’t think you need to take it as long as they say but everyone is different. If you really want to stop and get your life back then now is the time sublocade is the answer. Goodluck!”

Edub January 19, 2020

For Opiate Dependence: “Please read my experience as I have been off of sublocade for 70 days now with GREAT success. Just so everyone knows my history I snorted pills and H for almost 10 years. Within 3 months of being on the strips I lowered my dose to 4 mg. So I started with the 100 mg Sublocade shot. The first 30 days weren't easy. After adjusting to this, not only did things get better, things got great. Within 3 months the doctor started only injecting 75% of the vile, then 50%, then 25% and the last 2 months she barely injected me with 10% of the vile. I ordered another shot for $1200 bucks since I don't have insurance anymore and it has been sitting in my doctors fridge for 70 days. I haven't withdrawn one tiny bit. Coming off opiates and buprenorphine is like landing a plane. You want to slowly land a plane, you don't want to drop from 10000 feet to 1000 feet in one second. If you do it the slow way with the shot then I assure you that you will get off this addicting drug.”

Christy · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2020

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: “Getting this Sublocade shot has changed my life, I was addicted to heroin for over 15 years. I would have very limited success with Suboxone. I would take it, when I had to, but generally I would get them and sell them. I also would wake up everyday consumed with getting money/getting high. So even with good intentions of taking Suboxone, there would be days that my addict thinking would take over before I had the chance to take the Suboxone and I would be high again. Sublocade removed the guess work for me. I wake up EVERYDAY feeling great and with NO DESIRE to get high. I am waking up feeling free for the first time in over 15 years. The shot definitely burns, but for me it is definitely worth the burn. This has been a total game changer for me!”

Dani · Taken for 10 years or more August 19, 2020

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: “I've been on the suboxone films, 3 strips a Day for the past 13 years. I just got my first Sublocade shot this morning and feel fine. I'm a little scared that it won't match up to the 3 strips a day but I'm def going to give it my best shot! I still have some films incase I start to think I'm having symptoms but I haven't taken a single strip all day but I'm not having any symptoms. I really hope this works out because when you are taking strips or tabs, the Drs have complete control over your life! I feel like after 13 years of taking 24 mg of suboxone a day that I AM the one I'm control of my life. No more counting wrappers, no more leaving the clinic feeling like I am less than them and no more leaving feeling like I've done something wrong!!!! I'll keep you posted on how its going later, in a couple weeks”

SubGuy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 5, 2020

For Opiate Dependence: “I got my life back with Sublocade. I am that guy that couldn’t take my tablets or strips correctly. I struggled for years, using my docs as my new dealers. I even had one teach me how to beat the system. After years of playing the system, everything was catching up to me. I was about to lose everything and then I found a real doctor, one that wouldn’t play my game, that held me to a standard. He also got me on Sublocade and it has been my saving grace. I live life now!! It took a couple of weeks but it was pretty fast. All of my relationships are top notch and I actually have real friends again. My wife and I are back in tune with one another and enjoying everyday together. I recommend this to anyone that needs help.”

No longer desperate · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2020

For Opiate Dependence: “Been struggling with addiction for 10 years. Went from pot to benzos to pain pills to heroin to subs and methadone but always came back to Heroin/fentanyl. I've gone to no less than 18 detoxes 8 inpatient rehabs and dozens of therapists. Had some success in AA but would chronically relapse. Suboxone was helpful but I would feel sick on and went through the nightmare of weaning off. Just got the shot of 300mg Sublocade after tons of research and while it was a painful shot and still a bit tender I can tell the difference already. I am so grateful to god for it. Ironically I really want to get sober and prayed for help. The Doc in detox recommended and ordered it the day I left the hospital and finally after 3 weeks of staying on subs I made the Jump. I don't wake up sick and no more playing Dr all the time. This is great...if you want sobriety and your struggling with maintenance meds the struggle is over!”

Razoo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: “So I came here looking for information before I received my first shot. I was taking two 8mg suboxone pills a day for a couple of years prior when I received my shot. Before I took the shot I was legitimately nervous because of all these reviews I read on here. The actual shot was painful and burned but it subsided in a couple mins. You get the shot in your stomach and it becomes an aching pain instead of burning and the location will be sore for about 4 days. Don't be scared of the shot it is a fleeting and temporary pain...worrying about having enough meds to last the month will not be a problem anymore. I no longer have to worry about taking the right amount of meds. It's much easier for me this way. Now I don't feel like I have to take a pill to feel ok. I've had no w/d symptoms, no side effects beside the pain from the shot. I'm writing this to ease your minds about the shot...its so much better than taking the meds.”

Casper · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 2, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: “I was part of the phase III trial of what is now called Sublocade. This shot literally saved my life. I was doing $300 of heroin IV everyday for years. I went to rehab, tried Suboxone strips, weaning, etc etc etc, nothing worked. I took this shot at 300mg for 14 months, and not only did I have no issues quitting, but I had no withdrawal symptoms after discontinuing the shot. I fully 100% recommend this medication to anyone suffering from opiate dependency. Please, don't hesitate. Try it if you're able.”

Seanziggs11 September 26, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: “Ok I’ve been on Sublocade for 7 months now. What worries me is I don’t want to be on this shot forever. The doctor has been taking 10% off my injection each time I got so now I’m down to about 50% of a 100mg shot. I am nervous that I won’t be able to get off this shot and the drug company has no info on tapering, coming off, or long term use. So I’m kinda experimenting here. Yes this is an amazing drug but I’m not trying to stay on this shot forever. We need more info on long term use and risks of tapering or even if you can. I get my shot on Monday and we are taking another 10% off. I can also tell you one time I went 64 days on a 100mg shot with no withdrawal or any kind of symptoms so this shot Is super long acting. No joke 64 days cause I was switching jobs and insurances. When I got my new insurance and went for the next dose after 64 days I still felt fine. I have searched high and low and there is zero info on coming off Sublocade. I guess I will keep you posted.”

CleanNow89 · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: “The shot was not nearly as painful as I expected & that night I definitely felt glowing/ content...the day after I was alright but the NEXT DAY & following days I had ZERO energy, watery eyes, painful legs, couldn't sleep like normal. I knew by getting the injection I wasn't getting the right dose or even nearly enough as I was on strips. I was so beside myself and angry I'd let the doctor talk me into shot. It's too new and not enough information online about it. I feel like a guinea pig!!! I FINALLY talked office into letting me come back in for supplemental strips. Went in he said I wasn't the only patient having withdrawals after switching. Feel duped and will be going back to strips for awhile. Seems to me, sublocade is more of a stepping stone to help patients get OFF Suboxone, but certainly not for those NEWLY sober and wanting to just feel normal. I've been through such a hard time with this medication.”

Lyssa April 13, 2021

For Opiate Dependence: “Got my first 300mg injection on 4/6/21. I've been on buprenorphine since October 11, 2010. So this October will be 11 years. 11 years of twice a month, or monthly appts, visits to the pharmacy, random counts and UA's. This medication I hope is what every addiction on maintainenance needs to get off. 24 hours after injection is the peak levels. I can attest that the first 2 days I felt amazing. Today is 1 week of not taking anything. Knowing I have a back up plan in case something comes up and I feel sick is keeping me calm. Today I feel a little more tired than usual. But nothing I can't push through! I will update again in a few weeks! But as of right now I am so glad I bucked up and did it. It certainly burns like anything going in, although it wasn't unbearable. The "depot" of the drug in my abdomen takes some getting used to. Every time I bump it it swells and hurts. Swelling and bruising have gone away as well.”

Nickname · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: “Sublocade is the best option and highly consider. I was using 24-32mg subutex a day and the shot worked immediately. The next morning I did not wake up sick, just felt awkward reaching for pills in which I did not need. The habit of taking medication to not feel sick was the best feeling to break. Literally a month goes by and my doctor has to remind me about my next appointment. I think sublocade is more stable no ups and downs. Most people still want to feel high and when they don’t they think they are sick but it’s in their head. If anything the doses are strong for low dose sub users. I actually feel normal like the subs were supposed to work. They say traces can stay in system for a year. I have heard of a few people ween off successfully. I am hesitant to get off. Medicaid even covers it so you can go every day to methadone clinic to still get high or a shot once a month and gain clarity.”

Want off everything! June 13, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: “Rated this 9 out of 10, as I’m still taking the 100mg shot (5th one). Unsure what stopping will feel like. I was on subs for 7yrs! I have a busy life & I can’t afford to leave & deal with being sick. Most of what I read about sublocade scared the poop outta me; luckily I have a fantastic doctor I trust & I chose to listen to him. Getting the shot sucks & definitely hurts worse than I thought. So what! It’s 30 seconds of stinging/burning sensation for legit freedom! This has been SUCH a blessing! Literally day 3 I forgot I was ever taking anything on daily basis. After required 300mg shots, I went right to the 100mg with 0 issues/transition. Actually, I forgot to schedule my next appointment before leaving & ended up going 7 weeks b4 thinking...hmm, seems like it’s been a while since my last appt. Do u know how insane that is after being on subs for SO long?! Ur crazy if u have opportunity to switch & u don’t take it. Honestly, u will think what was I waiting for within the first week!!”

Saved November 29, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: “My experience is that I had been taking large amounts of opiates for about 20 years. After rehab was on 28 mg of strips for about 5 months. Got 1 300 mg shot of sublocade about 5 months ago, haven't been back. I'm still testing positive for subs in urine, and I'm still struggling with restlessness at night, but I'm taking advantage age of the chance to beat the beast, and I'm also very involved with 12 step program. My life is magical!”