User Reviews for Sublocade

Opiate Dependence - Maintenance
6.1

Summary of Sublocade reviews 7.2 36 reviews

Reviews for Sublocade

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I received my injection 4 days ago and so far so good. I was on 12 mg of suboxone and the daily habit of taking the strip wasn’t allowing me to fully recover from addiction and change my habits/lifestyle. The strips were a crutch as I looked forward to taking them. Waking up and knowing I had something to take or splitting my doses into smaller increments through out the day because I thought I’d feel better are all addict behavior. With the shot I am very excited to break the hand to mouth habit and get the notion of taking something everyday multiple times to feel better. Now I can just live my life and start to change my habits. Will update towards the end of the month."

Kje35 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "My son was one of the first shots released in April. He just got shot number 8. He feels great. No withdrawals. No ups and downs. No cravings. Doesn’t even think about it. Lives a completely normal life now. The shot hurts but he says it’s worth it. I am so grateful for this medicine. The choice of taking suboxone every day was not working for him Having the shot in him with no choice made all the difference. He wants to stop at shot 12."

Mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Been on Suboxone for a little over a year and a half, taking the smallest amounts possible just to stave off the withdrawal symptoms that come with Suboxone. Got addicted after a friend offered me them as a treatment for my addiction problem. Anyway a year and a half trying tapering down and suffering with Suboxone I went to the doctors myself and got the 300 sublocade shot yesterday. So far been very sleepy, dizzy, and blurry vision, these side effects are going away slowly through the day tho. Read someone had a great experience, happy to have read that. Will post back when further into the program."

Swim (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was addicted to pain pills for about six years before I had enough and decided to try and get my life together. Went to rehab and shortly after started Suboxone maintenance. Yes, like most of us, I was happy and my life changed dramatically. But part of me felt like it was just a transfer of one drug to another. After two years of suboxone treatments, my doctor brought up the topic of Sublocade. Fast forward and I get my first shot. Holy moly it hurts. I'm a pretty skinny guy, so injecting that much medicine under the skin leaves a huge lump. THAT and that alone is my only issue with the medication. I decided after two shots that I would not continue with the medication and would switch back to the Suboxone. Came time for my next appointment with my doctor, but I still felt amazing. No withdrawal, no issues. So I pushed back my appointment. Long story short, it has been almost 3 months and I have not been back to my doctor. I still feel amazing, no withdrawal, no nothing."

iFeelGreat November 15, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on sublicade for 5 mths, its a miracle. Never could I imagine not taking something after 30 yrs (yes yrs!) of being a heroine addict, i just can't believe it. I'm in month 5 n going strong. I'd advise any opiate addict to give it a go, you won't regret it."

Nene October 31, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Amazing feeling & consistently so. No worries of getting stuck without medication, and no ups & downs. Shot hurts a bit - but well worth it. It’s been a tad difficult dropping to the 100mg maintenance dose but easily managed and far superior to the 12mg suboxone film I’ve been on for years. My doctor gave me 10 subutex to help my body adjust and almost a month later I have over 8.5 left. Honestly I’m not sure I needed any at all. I never thought I would be so happy to get my medication injected into me once a month. Insurance has been very good to me regarding coverage as well. Best regards all"

Y. Samson (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I have been on 8mg Suboxone for 12 months and transitioned to Sublocade 300mg, 4 days ago. I think my Dr. messed up the shot as I was his first Sublocade patient. I have a blister on the site where it was injected, I don't think he put the needle in far enough. Anyways, aside from that, the shot has worked as intended. The first day I felt normal after, I was instructed to take my dose before the shot but I only took 4mg. I feel great 4 days later, my second day I felt a little WD but not much. Day 3 and 4 have been totally normal so far. I hope the blister heals and hope my experience is better than some on this thread. I'll update at week 2."

Crypto3 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I wanted to update my review on Sublocade. I decided to fight through those few days of not feeling great, and I am doing a lot better now. If you experience a little withdrawal, you should try to stick with it and see if it goes away. Like I said, the first 4 days were great, and then on the 5th day I started to feel mild withdrawal. The mild withdrawal only took another 5 days to get over and now I feel great. Now I am getting my second shot tomorrow. They say that your blood levels go up with each shot that you get. I still have a lump in my stomach, but I can tell half of it dissolved. It looks like you will have 2 to 3 depots supplying medicine at a time during Sublocade treatment.I really enjoy not going to the pharmacy and keeping track of film and pills. This is much better. I am glad I stuck with it. It is much better than the Probuphine implant that I had."

Jamey (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Three weeks into the Sublocade shot and I just had to call in to my sub doctor to get put back on the pills. I thought I could shake the cravings but then withdrawal came. Watery eyes, runny nose. Severe back pain and absolutely no sleep. I was told that it was PROBABLY bc I have a very high metabolism. Which is true, I do. I've never weighed over 135 my entire life and I'm 31 now. But doing some deep research on the shot and according to the welcome packet I also received it said the shot isn't intended for anyone who is on a dose higher than 8 mg. And I was on 16 mg a day before three weeks ago. Idk maybe I read that wrong but thats my story. It didn't work well for me. But everyone is different. If it works for you, stick to it. Its a nice idea. Maybe after I've been tapered down some I'll go back but its just too big a jump from 16mgs a day for a year and a half to that shot. Not to mention its very painful."

CJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I’ve been on suboxone films for 10 years and it did save my life. A lot of Dr’s and people have NO clue what they’re talking because Suboxone doesn’t get you high at all and you can’t compare it to methadone but switched to Sublocade shot and so far love it. I don’t have to remember to take it and no ups and downs. AAA plus for this med"

JJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Hello all.. I’ve switched over from 12-14 mg a day sub films (about 3 years on) with peak usage of three 8mg films per day. I was always feeling the up’s & down, and sometimes even feeling opiate sick in the mornings. On Sublocade that all went away. I wish I could summarize all the benefits I’ve experienced since the switch! The best part it’s fully covered by insurance. This stuffs actually brings the sense of normality back into livelihood. No more fears of having enough meds or filling prescriptions & etc. Regarding the injection - it’s no fun, but also far from the worst thing I’ve ever felt. It feels like a typical shot with the liquid having a warming effect upon entry. Ironically & contrary to what I’ve read here from some, the only withdrawal I ever felt on Sublocade starts if I delay my injection past 30 days. Nonetheless it’s comes light and pales in comparison to suboxone ups & downs! I couldn’t recommend this product enough. Wish you all the best"

Yani A October 5, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "In Tennessee, if you have Medicaid, the shot is completely covered. I'm completely at ease. If you're really willing to quit, the medication will work. However, stop relying on the medication alone. See a therapist, and go to meetings. They have them online. Sublocade has a program where you only have to pay $5 a shot most of the time if you're not on state medicaid. I do what I'm supposed to do to stay clean. If you truly want the same thing, you'll do what you gotta do. And if you try this medication, do the things I've suggested here, stop making excuses, and change your lifestyle, you will get clean and stay that way. It's time to be honest with yourself and get a grip!!!!!!"

NRodriguez (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I just got my first sublocade injection I'm praying it works. It is actually 6mgs less than what I take daily so I hope I don't start having withdrawal symptoms it would really suck because I have been doing so well on zubsolv."

Spursfan (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "The stuff is great but the price is insane $1600 dollors. For a month of meds. Just go on methadone way cheaper and its just as good. What a ripoff. I see pharmacy companies are looking for other big money drugs like they made a killing on opioids now this. It is supposed to help people not robbed them unbelievable."

Booger (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "My doc talked to me about this a few months ago and I was hesitant to try it. I did some research and decided to give it a shot. First 2 months are free so why not? So far so good."

Lisa9090 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I'm now on my second shot. Received it almost 2 weeks ago. (300mg) my next shot scheduled for 2 weeks from now will be 100mg. The first was in my lower right abdomen and burned like crazy for about 10 minutes. The second one I had in the upper right abdomen, and experienced no pain. I was on 1.5 of the 8 mg strips a day for 2 years, and absolutely hated remembering to take it. I'm ADD as well. I love it. So far I've experienced some super tired feeling days, which suck but go away. If I understand correctly the shot won't regulate in your system until the 3rd or 4th dose. So I'm hoping over time I just feel totally normal, after 6 months my plan is to when over 6 months and be done. Does anyone on this thread still get the shot? If so how's it working out? Bc it's so new I've found it difficult to find others experiences."

SuziQ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was hoping this injection would change things but it hasn't. It hurt like hell and now I have a big lump in my stomach. I am craving like never before and this is not helping with any of that. I will not be taking this injection every again. What a waste."

WilliamG (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Just awful. The injection stung like nothing I have ever felt and the shot offered no withdrawal relief! I was in withdrawal by day 3 so my doctor called in thirty 8 mg subutex. Even that was not enough, I don't know why but my body was not absorbing this worthless med. At my last appointment we abandoned the sublocade and I am taking my usual dose of 16mg a day. Beware."

riz raz (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Just awful. I was taking 16 mg of generic buprenorphine a day and decided to try this out because I was sick of having to take my meds twice a day. Days 1-3 were ok but starting day 4 I noticed that the craving were back and I felt way more tired, day 5 I was in full withdrawal. I ended up going back to the doctor and he put me back on my original dose. Be advised that this works very well for some and is a complete disaster for others."

Trent (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was on about 12-16 mg SUBOXONE for the last 6 yrs. It was a game-changer for me. Obviously I still struggle with other vices, but nothing has ever captivated me the way opiates have. My dad and I call it my Oxygen. I got my 1st Sublocade shot last saturday 8-25. So far, it’s been a mix of emotions. I used to love the two hours after I woke up where I knew Buprenorphine efficacy was 98%. But that’s unhealthy. So in terms of getting better, this is far more effective. I definitely have some adapting to do-but I would recommend this to anyone who is trying to “normalize” their life or get into more of a daily routine/regimen. Will update next month. Cheers"

Niz August 30, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Got the shot about a week ago. At first it was weird not taking anything but now I don’t even think about it. No withdrawals or cravings. So far so good."

Soberjunkie41 (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I’m on my second Sublocade injection and feel great. The first couple of days were a bit rough since I wasn’t taking anything anymore. I don’t have the ups and down like I did with Suboxone. Overall, I’m very happy I made the switch. My insurance covered it too."

Missy5025 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I’ve been on Suboxone 8mg for 2 year. I received my first injection about 2 weeks ago, and the first couple days were ok. After 5 days I was in Suboxone withdrawal. Sleep is impossible, restless leg, stomach issues etc. I received the 300mg shot and I believe it’s equivalent to 1-2mg of Suboxone. My dr said I have to wait it out and will not give me strips. I am craving opitates bad.I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone on a high dose of Suboxone."

Lb1975 August 17, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Three months ago I received my first sublicade shot with the intention of receiving 2 shots in total and that would be how I would get off the suboxum My second and last shot was almost 2 months ago now and still feel better than any taper I have tried doing with the suboxum. When I received my first 100mg shot I had been on a constant dose of 12mg/day of generic suboxum. It was in a less fatty area in my upper abdominal and it felt like a bee was stinging me until they removed the needle to administer the shot. My second shot was in a more fatty area in my lower abdomin and was painless by comparison. Transitioning from the suboxum to the sublicade was mildly uncomfortable for about five to seven days (mainly noticeable loss of energy and looser bowel movements, nothing unbearable....essentially went from 12 mg to the equivalent of 8 mg with the 100mg injectable sublacade.) I would recommend this to anyone who is serious about getting off the suboxum."

DrugfreedrugE August 11, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was taking between 16mg-24mg of Suboxone for over 8 years. I received my first Sublocade shot exactly 1 week ago today. Some days, even hours, are better than others but for the most part I feel pretty good! The biggest perk of the shot is not having to remember to take Suboxone everywhere I go. Good luck everyone!!"

KickMick (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018