User Reviews for Sublocade

Opiate Dependence - Maintenance
6.6

Summary of Sublocade reviews 7.3 13 reviews

Reviews for Sublocade

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Three months ago I received my first sublicade shot with the intention of receiving 2 shots in total and that would be how I would get off the suboxum My second and last shot was almost 2 months ago now and still feel better than any taper I have tried doing with the suboxum. When I received my first 100mg shot I had been on a constant dose of 12mg/day of generic suboxum. It was in a less fatty area in my upper abdominal and it felt like a bee was stinging me until they removed the needle to administer the shot. My second shot was in a more fatty area in my lower abdomin and was painless by comparison. Transitioning from the suboxum to the sublicade was mildly uncomfortable for about five to seven days (mainly noticeable loss of energy and looser bowel movements, nothing unbearable....essentially went from 12 mg to the equivalent of 8 mg with the 100mg injectable sublacade.) I would recommend this to anyone who is serious about getting off the suboxum."

DrugfreedrugE August 11, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was taking between 16mg-24mg of Suboxone for over 8 years. I received my first Sublocade shot exactly 1 week ago today. Some days, even hours, are better than others but for the most part I feel pretty good! The biggest perk of the shot is not having to remember to take Suboxone everywhere I go. Good luck everyone!!"

KickMick (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I had my first Sublocade shot this morning at 9am. I feel nothing. It stung, about like a black fly bite. It went away almost immediately. I feel nothing at all. I worry. The small buzz I got from subs kept me going- not craving and using illicit opioids. My doc put me on the Subclocade due to mismanagement of dose. I wish I could just take the strips as prescribed. I'll keep posting. As of day one, I feel nothing at all. Just tired."

Meh (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Scared, after reading comments of sublocade, which I had the shot today. I really hope I don't have withdrawals. But I'm use to only taking 12 mg a day. Been on suboxone 1 year, before that methadone. It seems most people are honest but I'd like to know for the people who haven't had issue with sublocade are you pot smokers or taking any other meds that might be helping you deal with the switch? Cause I don't and I want to be able to balance the reviews out. Thanks"

Appy (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "This medication has worked wonders for me. I no longer crave illicit opioids and I am living a much more fulfilling life while on this medicine."

Formerjunkie21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I got my first Sublocade injection about three weeks ago. The injection was pretty painful, but the pain only lasted for about 15 minutes. I felt great the first several days, but I started feeling like I was going through withdrawals on day 4- no energy, headache, nausea, stomach cramps, and hot flashes. My doctor called in some strips so I could take one a day, and that has helped a little. However, I still feel like I need to take two 8 mg strips a day to feel “normal”. I was taking 24 mg per day for the past 6 months before getting the shot. After thinking about it a lot, I have decided not to get the second injection. I was doing great on 24 mg a day, so I’m going to go back to suboxone. I don’t want to spend another month feeling like crap. Hopefully the shot will work for others, but it wasn’t for me. It seems to work well for those who have been on a low dose of suboxone (8 mg or less per day)."

Liz July 11, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "The biggest issue is that it only comes in two sizes 300 mg and 100 mg. Kinda hard to taper off from such a high dose. I feel like they would like you to stay on for the rest of your life and continue to pay the crazy high cost of Sublocade (approximately $1500 a month). I was able to qualify for the assistance and get the first two months at only five dollars, but the third month will be full price at which time I will likely be going back to Suboxone because I cannot afford the Sublocade."

drewglas44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I have been on sublocade for about a month now, next injection is scheduled 3 days out. I struggled with using bupe IV style. The only con I have had is that the actual injection stung unbelievably. I was told that I was the 11 person in the nation to receive this shot so I was really nervous. I just hope the mass goes away on its own so I am not 40 with numerous lumps on my belly..."

Bryan with a y (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I'm thinking of getting the sublocade shot. The Dr is pushing for it a little too hard too. That concerns me. He told me that it stays in system for months when I said about worried if I missed next shot. That it gradually decreases but has been found 4-5 after first dose. I suffer from a lot of headaches and I'm in school and am worried I will get shot and will have a headache. I can't get rid of other negative symptom I have been on Suboxone pills since February"

Angie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "So I got the Sublocade shot three days ago, and the actual injection was so much more painful than I could have imagined. It stung so bad for a good half hour after getting the shot. I feel fine as far as the dosing goes and it's relaxing not having to remember to bring my suboxone with me to work every day. I also would run out too early and have to deal with taking half my prescription dose the last two weeks of the month. So far so good, I'll get it again next month despite the pain. There is a lump at the injection site as well that as bruised and is sore to the touch. Overall I think the benefit of peace of mind out way the pain"

Caitlin June 30, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Started this medicine about 16 days ago and I feel great so far. No withdraw and I feel more even than I have in a very long time. Of course I kind of miss the ups of having a large dose at one time, but not having any of the lows as Suboxone wears off is really nice. I love not having to worry about running out of medicine or not being able to talk for a half hour while it dissolves. So far so good!"

UnoViper (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "My husband has been on suboxone for three years. Three days ago he received his first sublocade injection. It does leave a knot at the injection site but isn't painful. The day of the shot, he experienced extreme euphoria (unusual for him with bup/nal) and said his head felt a lot of pressure but felt no withdrawal symptoms. Day two, the euphoric feeling was gone, but he said he felt like he'd been hit by a truck and had a massive headache. Still no withdrawal, though. Today is day 3, and he woke up with another truly bad headache that made him nauseous. Still though, no withdrawals. The goal is to eventually wean off the medication. He's being patient and trying to believe these side effects (reported as common) are just his body adapting to the new delivery system. The most important thing is to avoid debilitating withdrawal. For that purpose, it has been effective. I'll continue to post as he moves closer to the end of the first cycle and when he receives his second injection."

Wife May 26, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I just received my first sublocade shot on Tuesday at 12:40 I had been on suboxone for 4 years and would a lot of times run out of my prescription early because I would always think one more to feel better just one more of course the only thing it might of done is give me energy for a little while but since receiving the shot I have to admit I'm not too impressed. Of course at this time my head could still be messing with me because I am having issues with the part of taking something everyday but I'm very very tired with no energy so I feel like rubbish and I'm still having some hot flashes I'm hoping it will get better and it will work because I want this to work but as of now I'd say the suboxone strips are a lot better but I will keep posting updates because I looked and looked for reviews before switching and couldn't find any so I'd like to help people by my story"

Kassy Brooke (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018