User Reviews for Sublocade

Opiate Dependence - Maintenance
5.3

Summary of Sublocade reviews 6.6 27 reviews

Reviews for Sublocade

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Hello all.. I’ve switched over from 12-14 mg a day sub films (about 3 years on) with peak usage of three 8mg films per day. I was always feeling the up’s & down, and sometimes even feeling opiate sick in the mornings. On Sublocade that all went away. I wish I could summarize all the benefits I’ve experienced since the switch! The best part it’s fully covered by insurance. This stuffs actually brings the sense of normality back into livelihood. No more fears of having enough meds or filling prescriptions & etc. Regarding the injection - it’s no fun, but also far from the worst thing I’ve ever felt. It feels like a typical shot with the liquid having a warming effect upon entry. Ironically & contrary to what I’ve read here from some, the only withdrawal I ever felt on Sublocade starts if I delay my injection past 30 days. Nonetheless it’s comes light and pales in comparison to suboxone ups & downs! I couldn’t recommend this product enough. Wish you all the best"

Yani A October 5, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "In Tennessee, if you have Medicaid, the shot is completely covered. I'm completely at ease. If you're really willing to quit, the medication will work. However, stop relying on the medication alone. See a therapist, and go to meetings. They have them online. Sublocade has a program where you only have to pay $5 a shot most of the time if you're not on state medicaid. I do what I'm supposed to do to stay clean. If you truly want the same thing, you'll do what you gotta do. And if you try this medication, do the things I've suggested here, stop making excuses, and change your lifestyle, you will get clean and stay that way. It's time to be honest with yourself and get a grip!!!!!!"

NRodriguez (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I got the Sublocade shot last week, so it has been 6 days so far. The day of the shot I felt great. The shot is painful, but it doesn't last long. The next day was great also, and then skip to day 4. I was in withdrawal and came close to "pulling the plug" and finding something. I have not felt better since then. I was on two 8mg strips a day, so well within the 8 to 24 mgs that they require to get the shot. I am craving, withdrawing, not sleeping, yawning, sneezing, really not feeling great. I'm not sure what the next step is here. I think these new delivery systems are going to have a hard time due to us patients liking the ups from taking sublingual buprenorphine. I may go back to sublingual."

Jamey (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I just got my first sublocade injection I'm praying it works. It is actually 6mgs less than what I take daily so I hope I don't start having withdrawal symptoms it would really suck because I have been doing so well on zubsolv."

Spursfan (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "The stuff is great but the price is insane $1600 dollors. For a month of meds. Just go on methadone way cheaper and its just as good. What a ripoff. I see pharmacy companies are looking for other big money drugs like they made a killing on opioids now this. It is supposed to help people not robbed them unbelievable."

Booger (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "My doc talked to me about this a few months ago and I was hesitant to try it. I did some research and decided to give it a shot. First 2 months are free so why not? So far so good."

Lisa9090 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I'm now on my second shot. Received it almost 2 weeks ago. (300mg) my next shot scheduled for 2 weeks from now will be 100mg. The first was in my lower right abdomen and burned like crazy for about 10 minutes. The second one I had in the upper right abdomen, and experienced no pain. I was on 1.5 of the 8 mg strips a day for 2 years, and absolutely hated remembering to take it. I'm ADD as well. I love it. So far I've experienced some super tired feeling days, which suck but go away. If I understand correctly the shot won't regulate in your system until the 3rd or 4th dose. So I'm hoping over time I just feel totally normal, after 6 months my plan is to when over 6 months and be done. Does anyone on this thread still get the shot? If so how's it working out? Bc it's so new I've found it difficult to find others experiences."

SuziQ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was hoping this injection would change things but it hasn't. It hurt like hell and now I have a big lump in my stomach. I am craving like never before and this is not helping with any of that. I will not be taking this injection every again. What a waste."

WilliamG (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Just awful. The injection stung like nothing I have ever felt and the shot offered no withdrawal relief! I was in withdrawal by day 3 so my doctor called in thirty 8 mg subutex. Even that was not enough, I don't know why but my body was not absorbing this worthless med. At my last appointment we abandoned the sublocade and I am taking my usual dose of 16mg a day. Beware."

riz raz (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Just awful. I was taking 16 mg of generic buprenorphine a day and decided to try this out because I was sick of having to take my meds twice a day. Days 1-3 were ok but starting day 4 I noticed that the craving were back and I felt way more tired, day 5 I was in full withdrawal. I ended up going back to the doctor and he put me back on my original dose. Be advised that this works very well for some and is a complete disaster for others."

Trent (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was on about 12-16 mg SUBOXONE for the last 6 yrs. It was a game-changer for me. Obviously I still struggle with other vices, but nothing has ever captivated me the way opiates have. My dad and I call it my Oxygen. I got my 1st Sublocade shot last saturday 8-25. So far, it’s been a mix of emotions. I used to love the two hours after I woke up where I knew Buprenorphine efficacy was 98%. But that’s unhealthy. So in terms of getting better, this is far more effective. I definitely have some adapting to do-but I would recommend this to anyone who is trying to “normalize” their life or get into more of a daily routine/regimen. Will update next month. Cheers"

Niz August 30, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Got the shot about a week ago. At first it was weird not taking anything but now I don’t even think about it. No withdrawals or cravings. So far so good."

Soberjunkie41 (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I’m on my second Sublocade injection and feel great. The first couple of days were a bit rough since I wasn’t taking anything anymore. I don’t have the ups and down like I did with Suboxone. Overall, I’m very happy I made the switch. My insurance covered it too."

Missy5025 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I’ve been on Suboxone 8mg for 2 year. I received my first injection about 2 weeks ago, and the first couple days were ok. After 5 days I was in Suboxone withdrawal. Sleep is impossible, restless leg, stomach issues etc. I received the 300mg shot and I believe it’s equivalent to 1-2mg of Suboxone. My dr said I have to wait it out and will not give me strips. I am craving opitates bad.I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone on a high dose of Suboxone."

Lb1975 August 17, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Three months ago I received my first sublicade shot with the intention of receiving 2 shots in total and that would be how I would get off the suboxum My second and last shot was almost 2 months ago now and still feel better than any taper I have tried doing with the suboxum. When I received my first 100mg shot I had been on a constant dose of 12mg/day of generic suboxum. It was in a less fatty area in my upper abdominal and it felt like a bee was stinging me until they removed the needle to administer the shot. My second shot was in a more fatty area in my lower abdomin and was painless by comparison. Transitioning from the suboxum to the sublicade was mildly uncomfortable for about five to seven days (mainly noticeable loss of energy and looser bowel movements, nothing unbearable....essentially went from 12 mg to the equivalent of 8 mg with the 100mg injectable sublacade.) I would recommend this to anyone who is serious about getting off the suboxum."

DrugfreedrugE August 11, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was taking between 16mg-24mg of Suboxone for over 8 years. I received my first Sublocade shot exactly 1 week ago today. Some days, even hours, are better than others but for the most part I feel pretty good! The biggest perk of the shot is not having to remember to take Suboxone everywhere I go. Good luck everyone!!"

KickMick (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I had my first Sublocade shot this morning at 9am. I feel nothing. It stung, about like a black fly bite. It went away almost immediately. I feel nothing at all. I worry. The small buzz I got from subs kept me going- not craving and using illicit opioids. My doc put me on the Subclocade due to mismanagement of dose. I wish I could just take the strips as prescribed. I'll keep posting. As of day one, I feel nothing at all. Just tired."

Meh (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Scared, after reading comments of sublocade, which I had the shot today. I really hope I don't have withdrawals. But I'm use to only taking 12 mg a day. Been on suboxone 1 year, before that methadone. It seems most people are honest but I'd like to know for the people who haven't had issue with sublocade are you pot smokers or taking any other meds that might be helping you deal with the switch? Cause I don't and I want to be able to balance the reviews out. Thanks"

Appy (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "This medication has worked wonders for me. I no longer crave illicit opioids and I am living a much more fulfilling life while on this medicine."

Formerjunkie21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I got my first Sublocade injection about three weeks ago. The injection was pretty painful, but the pain only lasted for about 15 minutes. I felt great the first several days, but I started feeling like I was going through withdrawals on day 4- no energy, headache, nausea, stomach cramps, and hot flashes. My doctor called in some strips so I could take one a day, and that has helped a little. However, I still feel like I need to take two 8 mg strips a day to feel “normal”. I was taking 24 mg per day for the past 6 months before getting the shot. After thinking about it a lot, I have decided not to get the second injection. I was doing great on 24 mg a day, so I’m going to go back to suboxone. I don’t want to spend another month feeling like crap. Hopefully the shot will work for others, but it wasn’t for me. It seems to work well for those who have been on a low dose of suboxone (8 mg or less per day)."

Liz July 11, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "The biggest issue is that it only comes in two sizes 300 mg and 100 mg. Kinda hard to taper off from such a high dose. I feel like they would like you to stay on for the rest of your life and continue to pay the crazy high cost of Sublocade (approximately $1500 a month). I was able to qualify for the assistance and get the first two months at only five dollars, but the third month will be full price at which time I will likely be going back to Suboxone because I cannot afford the Sublocade."

drewglas44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I have been on sublocade for about a month now, next injection is scheduled 3 days out. I struggled with using bupe IV style. The only con I have had is that the actual injection stung unbelievably. I was told that I was the 11 person in the nation to receive this shot so I was really nervous. I just hope the mass goes away on its own so I am not 40 with numerous lumps on my belly..."

Bryan with a y (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I'm thinking of getting the sublocade shot. The Dr is pushing for it a little too hard too. That concerns me. He told me that it stays in system for months when I said about worried if I missed next shot. That it gradually decreases but has been found 4-5 after first dose. I suffer from a lot of headaches and I'm in school and am worried I will get shot and will have a headache. I can't get rid of other negative symptom I have been on Suboxone pills since February"

Angie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "So I got the Sublocade shot three days ago, and the actual injection was so much more painful than I could have imagined. It stung so bad for a good half hour after getting the shot. I feel fine as far as the dosing goes and it's relaxing not having to remember to bring my suboxone with me to work every day. I also would run out too early and have to deal with taking half my prescription dose the last two weeks of the month. So far so good, I'll get it again next month despite the pain. There is a lump at the injection site as well that as bruised and is sore to the touch. Overall I think the benefit of peace of mind out way the pain"

Caitlin June 30, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Started this medicine about 16 days ago and I feel great so far. No withdraw and I feel more even than I have in a very long time. Of course I kind of miss the ups of having a large dose at one time, but not having any of the lows as Suboxone wears off is really nice. I love not having to worry about running out of medicine or not being able to talk for a half hour while it dissolves. So far so good!"

UnoViper (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018