User Reviews for Sublocade

Opiate Dependence - Maintenance

Summary of Sublocade reviews 7.7 77 reviews

Reviews for Sublocade

Steve81 · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Been on 16mgs of suboxone for 6 months. Got sick of running out too quick. Loved suboxone too much. A few times I let my self going into withdrawals by skipping my dose for a few days just so I would feel high when I took it again. Way too much of an addict to take suboxone. Just got my first Sublocade injection. Might be placebo cause it’s only been an hour and I already have that sunny day warm brain feeling lol. Ran out of my subs two days ago so I was craving opiates pretty bad. Really hope this works. Pain wasn’t too bad. Felt like a getting a tattoo for 30 seconds."

Anonymous July 11, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Sublocade has been amazing!! The injection is painful but worth it!! And if you have been stabbing yourself with needles for years you can handle this I promise! I went almost two months with out anything after some insurance issues and had zero withdrawal symptoms. You don't have to wake up and think about anything anymore. The freedom that comes with the injection is amazing. Take the chance and try it. I would bet every penny I have that you wont regret it!!"

Soda pop · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I just got my first shot today.I been on suboxone sublingual meds around 4 years now. The injection was kinda painful for just a minute but all went away before I left doctor office. So far I feel fine it has already taken a lot off my mind not having to worry about taking medicine tomorrow. If you are worried about the pain of the injection don't let that hold you back."

Peakclover June 21, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was an addict for about 15 years before I decided I had enough of the monkey on my back and decided to get clean. Fast forward about 10 years and I'm still on Sub Film two 8mg film a day... But I'm stuck ya know what I mean ? An endless cycle of mismanaged Sub Films taking too many in beginning of month and always being about a week short till the next cycle of hell for the next month. One day Dr. suggests I should try SUBLOCADE?? What the hell is that ? YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS?? THE BEGINNING OF A NEW BEGINNING!!!! 10 months now with the shot and I can live life FREE!!! Barely ever even think about it anymore. No more every thought consumed with Suboxone and those DAMN STRIPS!! ONCE A MONTH I GO FOR MY SUBLOCADE AND IT STINGS FOR ABOUT 45 SECONDS AND THAT'S IT!! I feel like I have my life back. Try it !! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE AND A PRETTY NORMAL LIFE TO GAIN"

Anonymous June 18, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I was on subs since 2011..... I had to go back every 2 weeks for my refill and do s drug screen.....now since I switch over to the shot all is well..... I wake up every morning able to focus on what I have to do for that day....not having to take something right when I get up is awesome too....... iam on my 4 shot of 300mg witch that is my maintenance dose to.... no cravings or withdrawals transferring over either.... best choice I made....."

Kevink June 17, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I am now on my 4th shot it’s been so amazing!!! No withdrawals or cravings. I can get up every day and live my life as normal as one can, no pain too. The Sublocade shot has given me a peace of mind, no more worry about if my meds are going to be in stock or no more worrying about insurance if it’s going to be covered or if I need a prior authorization. People.. take it from me the needle poke don’t hurt it’s the medicine going in that then it starts to burn a little. Nothing I can’t handle though. I've been on subs since 2011 straight, being on 20mg daily. This shot has given me comfort when I switched the more shots u get the higher blood plasma that the medicine will be in your body.... the 300mg shot is equivalent to about 24mg sublingual films............. I hope this helps"

Want off everything! June 13, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Rated this 9 out of 10, as I’m still taking the 100mg shot (5th one). Unsure what stopping will feel like. I was on subs for 7yrs! I have a busy life & I can’t afford to leave & deal with being sick. Most of what I read about sublocade scared the poop outta me; luckily I have a fantastic doctor I trust & I chose to listen to him. Getting the shot sucks & definitely hurts worse than I thought. So what! It’s 30 seconds of stinging/burning sensation for legit freedom! This has been SUCH a blessing! Literally day 3 I forgot I was ever taking anything on daily basis. After required 300mg shots, I went right to the 100mg with 0 issues/transition. Actually, I forgot to schedule my next appointment before leaving & ended up going 7 weeks b4 thinking...hmm, seems like it’s been a while since my last appt. Do u know how insane that is after being on subs for SO long?! Ur crazy if u have opportunity to switch & u don’t take it. Honestly, u will think what was I waiting for within the first week!!"

Razoo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "So I came here looking for information before I received my first shot. I was taking two 8mg suboxone pills a day for a couple of years prior when I received my shot. Before I took the shot I was legitimately nervous because of all these reviews I read on here. The actual shot was painful and burned but it subsided in a couple mins. You get the shot in your stomach and it becomes an aching pain instead of burning and the location will be sore for about 4 days. Don't be scared of the shot it is a fleeting and temporary pain...worrying about having enough meds to last the month will not be a problem anymore. I no longer have to worry about taking the right amount of meds. It's much easier for me this way. Now I don't feel like I have to take a pill to feel ok. I've had no w/d symptoms, no side effects beside the pain from the shot. I'm writing this to ease your minds about the shot...its so much better than taking the meds."

MrLee · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I’ve been a drug addict for 35 years. I suffered a severe back injury at the age of 21 and it was downhill from there- no motivation except the drive to get drugs. I started Sublocade four months ago for my opiate addiction and haven’t looked back. I didn’t like Suboxone because it gave me a buzz. That’s not the case with Sublocade. One shot a month- no more obsession. Today I’m free."

Horse With no Name · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I will share my experience with Sublocade. Prior I was on Suboxone, high dose for 2 years. I've now had 4 Sublocade injections (four months). Here's my report. Sublocade works -- but not in a dramatic fashion. Maybe 'subtle' is the correct word. I can tell that something is 'in the background' in my CNS, working, but there's no "highs" as what would one would get after dissolving a strip or two. For me that was hard getting used to: those initial rewards after taking first strips of the day. It's not there anymore. I requested a blood draw, to make sure there's actually Bupenorphine in my system. There is. It seems that I felt my best right after the 3rd injection. Oh, and when I first wake up in the morning I feel perfectly fine."

Rhino15 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 5, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I will make this short, for some this stuff may be a godsend, for me it was good until several months into it then deep depression. I’ve been fighting the depression for 4 months. I received my last shot 4 months ago as well. I had a blood draw a couple weeks ago to check my bup levels and they are almost none but no withdrawal yet. If your anything like me I bet you have found nothing on what happens when it fully dissolves? Does anyone have experience with what does happen? I’m expecting withdrawals but since not even suboxen/sublocade the manufacturer can tell me I’m at a total loss for information! Thanks for any help...."

Anubis · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Took my first shot of Sublocade 300 mg about four hours ago. It stings pretty bad, could feel the medicine clogging up when it hit my body fluid but it’s a good trade off for “30 Days” and so far it’s mainly just weird not taking anything Is the biggest part for me. It feels a lot cleaner due to route of administration. Was on 12 mg suboxone/day and don’t really have the ups & downs and headaches, etc. from taking too much buprenorphine, but it does feel a lot cleaner. I felt I was almost in bondage having to take my suboxone every morning, looking forward to it, having to take more meds, etc. so it feels better not having to feel like I’m in bondage to my medicine. It’s only the first day but so far I already feel “cleaner”"

Sbb May 1, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Since I’ve been on the sublocade, which is been two months now, I feel like I have lifted a huge weight off my back. I get out of bed right away and I just go about my day instead of worrying about taking the time to dissolve two strips under my tongue for like a half hour. I have noticed a change in my behavior as far as just being more positive about not being stuck on some medication, even though I still am on it - it’s just a little more liberating"

PG · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 30, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Been on Sub strips for few years. Got tired of the 2 week refill nonsense . I asked my doctor if I could be the office guinea pig for the sublocade 300 mg shot. Taken once a month by injection. We hashed out the insurance details and started on 4/28/19. The injection site burns and hurts going in leaving a slight bruise. Not looking forward to my next shot HOWEVER, this stuff is GREAT. Other than the pain and burn it works. The injection site will have a lump like spot after. This is normal. That’s the medicine sitting under the skin. Turns into a solid and slowly gets absorbed into the body throughout the month . When compared to the pain and suffering I caused during my addiction this slight side effect to the drug doesn’t compare. If you want a better life and to be right !!! You gotta get involved with this sublocade or any other type of opioid treatment like Suboxone . Take it as prescribed and life gets better. Bottom line. Hope this helps"

Cee · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "So I was addicted to opiates for 4 years taking them orally and crushing and snorting them thats when I knew I needed help. I was losing everything and spending way to much money, I was basically working to get high. So I originally started with 8mg suboxone 2 times a day, then 21mg once a day for six months then was offered the sublocade shot. Initially I was sceptical but ended up doing it and am glad I did. It did burn upon injection and I was a little nausea for a couple days but then fine. So I never went back for second dose and let me tell u why this worked for me but you have to really want to not be dependent on another medication. My theory was its slowly released into your bloodstream so it will slowly leave it as well. Yes I did go thru a little withdrawal with the hot cold and sweating for like 2 days but it definitely was nothing like withdrawal from the actual opiate itself. I am currently still clean and sober and loving my family and life itself"

Kim71 · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Its been under 24 hrs since my first Sublocade injection. I am very pleased so far. I was on 16 Mg's of Suboxone daily but it wasn't absorbing into my system. My levels were always at or below 70. I felt horrible. So after suffering, since I got off the opiates, for the zillionth time, I was desperate for something to help me feel better. So far, I feel a huge difference. I'm very pleasantly surprised. So far, but as far as the first 24 hrs on it.....huge improvement in how I feel."

Lowrida · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I've had the Sublocade shot nearly 2 weeks ago, I was on 18mg day suboxone. I also take Lyrica daily. For the most of the time on the injection, I've felt withdrawals, not severe just general unwellness, anxiety etc.. I recommend if your on a small /medium dose of sub.."

Sublocade warning · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 20, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "I have been on Sublocade for 10 injections now. Two of them have caused necrotic wounds where the injection is on my stomach. I have had to get wound debridement twice now. This is occuring at random on anyone. My dr office has had other patients develop this disgusting rotten necrotic hole in our stomachs. There are accounts on reddit and pictures to see how bad these reactions are. This medication does its job but what is happening is major, majorly bad. I have gad two surgical procedures due to this medication. I am done with this medication. I have developed necrotic wounds 25% of the time. That is 1 out of four injections. Please do your homework and be aware of what is going on. The scars are bad, the necrosis is revolting. Please submit complaints to the FDA if you have had this atrocity happen."

Drew April 9, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "So been on suboxone for 4 years now in maintenance I take two 8mg strips a day and heard about this suboxone shot because taking strips twice a day becomes an inconvenience. I took the shot Friday at 1:30 pm didn’t burn as bad as some people say started to feel the injection with in a couple hours that night I felt I had a pretty high dose of it in my body next day Saturday felt great plenty of energy and no negative symptoms at all felt amazing Sunday night started to slightly get tired and out of it it’s now Monday night and I feel horrible like I’m withdrawing like a really bad flu so now I have to make a decision on what to do if any one on here has advice on what I should do please answer my message I would greatly appreciate it I’m not sure if I should wait it out and see what happens will it get better or worse I’m crossing my fingers and I hope this advice helps someone out there."

Bradleybradley April 8, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Been on subs for almost 8 months 16mg day. Got the shot little over 2 weeks ago. The first day was excellent. I was really excited about the month to come and finally felt as though I would be able to come off of the maintenance sooner with less withdrawal. That was the plan. Since then I have needed to take my original 16 mg daily and feel as though that is not even working. I've had severe anxiety bouts and deep depression since receiving the shot. I even went on vacation to the beach and was miserable feeling like a black scary cloud was engulfing my life sensing impending doom and fear. Out of last 6 years I've been clean for 4 and half. And only 8 months has been on subs. If it weren't for my devotion to my newborn son 6 month old, my relationship with God and my 1st hand knowledge in recovery I would have failed already. I encourage everyone to write their own truths here so that we can make better decisions based upon real life experiences. (34 year old male)"

Dave1975 · Taken for less than 1 month April 8, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "Just got the Sublocade injection an hour ago. Not going to sugar coat it though....when the medication is being injected into your belly it’s going to sting pretty badly but it does subside about 20 seconds afterwards. Currently I feel slightly nauseous but over all I feel pretty good. I didn't take a Suboxone today and I don't feel the desire to do so now. So far so good. I’ll give periodical updates every so often. Good vibes and good luck!"

Kmt93 · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "THE PAIN ISNT BAD! I've been on suboxone maintenance for over a year with great success , no relapse at all. I am getting incarcerated for an old issue so my doc made me aware of sublocade. I went to get the injected and was extremely nervous after hearing mixed reviews about the pain of the shot. My nurse made me comfortable and told me there was going to be a burn . After the initial pinch of the needle a burn is a great way to describe it. I am not good with pain but this is VERY MANAGEABLE. The injection lasted 5 seconds at the most and was not bad. Do not be scared of the pain, it is no worse then a normal shot and is comparable to getting a tattoo. The injection site is pretty tender but nothing too serious ."

Anonymous March 28, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "To Colage87. You have to be on oral buprenorphine for at least 7 days before receiving the IM. Sublocade was never even studied as a first line treatment. So I find it hard to believe your doc gave it to you while in withdrawals. Especially considering how new the IM form is.."

Colage87 · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2019

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance "So I just received my first sublocade 300mg shot for my opiate dependence, I was in withdrawal from heroin when I went in to Doctor. Feeling kind of funny so far. Only been about 30 mins pain from shot was like very bad hornet sting. Last about 5 minutes. Injection site sore. I really need this to work. Other wise I have no self control with heroin."

CmC13 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "There is NO naloxone in this med for anyone wondering or saying there is. Sublocade has buprenorphine ONLY. I was on strips for 2 years before, technically, being forced to go to the shot due to other people in my area diverting their meds. I have never diverted my medication, but was told if I wanted to do maintenance, I would have to switch and I was happy to because I don't divert my meds and could care less how it is administered. I have nothing but good things to say about it. Don't have to worry about traveling with it or the box falling apart in your purse or bag, theft or any other problems that arise if you currently take the pills or strips. I'd recommend this to anyone wanting to do maintenance if your insurance covers it."