User Reviews for Belbuca

6.2

Chronic Pain

Summary of Belbuca reviews 4.2 79 reviews

Reviews for Belbuca

For Chronic Pain "I've been on belbucca for about 6 months. I do feel like it helps most of the time. I'm given a few tylenol 3, a month for breakthrough pain. Belbuca works better to me than just pills. It did take awhile to get use to being able to keep the patch in place and it can be an inconvenience because I can't talk for about 15 minutes or it will not stay in place. I do not eat or drink for at least 30 minutes to make sure it has dissolved fully. The best thing for me is there is no high feeling. I just feel normal. My only concern is after the coupon runs out how much will it cost me. The cost is 50 dollars a month now and that seems expensive enough."

Relief (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2019

For Chronic Pain "I cannot believe the 10 ratings on here. This drug is horrible for me. I've been taking oxycodone for 5 years and my doc is trying to get me to switch, as others have said, due to the opioid crisis. I'm not chasing a "high", I am chasing a reduced pain life. My pain level was a 3 on oxycodone. Now my joint and nerve pain is at a 9, dare I say a 10. I hate to say a 10 but the pain level is back to the worst I've ever had. Not only that but I get extremely nauseous and get a BAD headache. I have to take tylenol and benadryl to sleep when I take it and the when I wake up I feel like I have a hangover - the side effects from this drug are worse than anything I had ever experienced on Oxycodone, and then added side effects from benadryl compound it. This drug is just absolutely horrible and my body cannot tolerate it. Makes me think doctors are getting a kickback to prescribe it."

Jay (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 23, 2019

For Chronic Pain "Does not work I've been on it for 2 weeks gives me bad headaches. I'm a pain patient that has been on oxycodone 30 mg for 7 years"

biggyjames64 January 14, 2019

For Chronic Pain "Thanks to this "opioid" crisis my pain doctor decided to switch me from the Oxycontin and hydrocodone I had been taking for the chronic nerve pain I've been in for 12 years. Now that I've been on the Belbuca I can say I was truly blessed to have the other drugs for so long. I know now how much pain they had been blocking for so long. I've been in pain ever since I've switched back, all the burning nerve pain has come back plus all the aches from joint pain that had been reduced by the opioids."

dnaman (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2019

For Chronic Pain "Chronic pain is the worst . I have a broken hip that needs to be replaced, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, broken left foot and CAEBV (Chronic active EBV disease), and a bunch more I can add.. but I was on Norco10 , But after 2 years Norco wasn’t working for me. The doctor suggested Belbuca , and I gave it a whirl. I am on 300mg and started out on 175mg. I finally can lay in bed pain free. I can’t walk to good and my hip pain hurts if I’m on it, but all the other pain, that horrible nerve pain, the horrible joint pain is gone. Full body pain is gone. I do have days where my pain is a tad untouchable and I use my norco for the breakthrough especially with the weather pain. Belbuca kinda feels fresh, because your mind is clear and the pain is gone or limited. Give it a try. It took me 3 months to get adjusted. My insurance denied it. We fought for it and got approved. You need a doctor that will fight for you."

Autumn January 10, 2019

For Chronic Pain "I have used a 150 film for a few months now, previous were the patches, which ate holes in my skin and made me feel terrible, previous to that everything since 3 accidents since 2004, with serious injuries. I was lastly on oxycodone 90mg a day, what a nightmare. I could not function, did not want to see anyone or go anywhere for over 4 years, lost all savings, could not work and was in despair and felt like a drug addict. I now am back to work, have great energy, am happy, around 60% less pain daily, can sleep, etc. It has made life worth living again. ***My doctor will not move up my dosage however, I feel that if it was up 33% it would be very helpful. Does anyone know the reason for this. ***He did have me put the film in my cheek and hold it for 5 seconds with my tongue. I have had no problem with getting the film to stay properly."

Misha (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2019

For Chronic Pain "I am a Registered Nurse who had a 36 year career end due to disabling chronic spinal disc disease, herniation and failed surgeries. I have a spinal cord stimulator and was taking 50mcg fentanyl via patch changed every two days for ~ 10 years. Took codeine 30-60mg every two days and as needed for breakthrough pain. I was sleepy, antisocial and miserable. I was given Belbuca 300mg to replace fentanyl. Within 48 hrs the extreme fatigue, & foggy brain was gone. Pain less intense . I did experience increased migraines and nausea after am dose. Extremely good outcome"

Lexie December 16, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have been on subone for six years due to sero negative spondylitis I have had to have several back surgeries. Went to Belbuca but now doesn’t help and needed to go to norco for pain and nerve damage and norco won’t work unless it’s a high dosage. I’m miserable"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

For Pain "I'm shocked reading the 1 star reviews. I understand I was not happen to lose the Vicodin. But I'm pretty sure folks posting aren't being honest because the truth is this medicine is truly remarkable. I've had major injuries and neurological pain for years. After meds much stronger in theory, this has been the best. Two years completely pain free. Unreal."

Isaiah (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have chronic pain belbuca is a new medication that I have been treated for over the past 6 months and it's working fair for me. 750 dose and I was on pills for 10 years before now I deal with polycystic kidney disease and lupus and fibromyalgia syndrome and belbuca is not perfect but it may take time. The sticking and gum place is bad until you used it .I have messed up some patches but in time and dosing for me made it better. I never thought I would be able to be able to function without the pills.with belbuca and lyrica and baclofen I can manage. Not everyone body is the same."

Karen November 11, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I been on butrans but I grew use to that and my pain management put me on belbuca and been on it for about 3 years. I was on 900 and first time in so long I had no pain. My insurance refused to pay for it anymore. I can't afford $800.00 a month. My issues is that I'm allergic to all pain meds except belbuca. Now I'm going through this awful withdraw and now I'm crippled again where it's very hard to walk or even breath. I have RSD (Reflex sympathetic dystrophy) for the last 13 years. In the mean time with no pain meds, I also lay here with 2 broken toes, foot plus it has a bone infection. Can't operate because no pain meds. I started out using the prescription card from belbuca and I guess once your hooked they take it away. There is no generic. So I lay here in the most awful pain ever. It was the best while it lasted but for a person like me who is allergic to everything it's hard."

Heart2heart October 21, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I am longterm sufferer of Interstitial Cystitis... Debilitating Chronic Illness. Dr randomly decided to prescribe belbuca 300 mg out of the blue. Was taking hydrocodone 10/325 5 a day for 7 yrs. That's it. My quality of life was good considering what I have, and no type of addiction. Anyways...I am here to let you know that I am now curled up in a ball on my couch, trying to decide whether or not I should go to the hospital..as Belbuca absolutely does not work!"

Bub (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have been on and with the same pain management clinic for over 14 years. Due to chronic pain and from multiple spinal surgeries, I have been on a strict regiment of Norco for many years. Recently in September of 2018, the pain management clinic said due to strict government guidelines they must wean all of their patients off all types of opioids. They had decided to place me on Belbuca Buprenprphine sublingual oral patches. Within a few days I was experiencing nausea, fatigue, so severe that I had to take leave of my job for days."

M.Sr (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Chronic Pain "To Badbones who commented about PM Clinic being rude & disrespectful. Honey, "YOU ain't seen nothing yet!" Yanno how the DMV is just understood & expected to be a NITEMARE? Welcome to Pain Mgr! You MIGHT actually be in some pain but if so, it's your own fault for choosing to live as a junkie. You MIGHT get a low dose, low effective med but you will sell your soul to pay for it, that's for sure. Do EVER EVER say you took more than rx'd because your pain spiked etc.....NOT EVEN 1! DO NOT tell them this doesn't work. They'll take it & give you NOTHING until you've successfully begged & groveled.. I was BLESSED to find a Neurologist thats also PM. THEYRE OUT THERE. LOOK!!!! They're ALL run this way. Thx to real junkies & Trump they're all getting worse as he villianizes actual pain sufferers. I'm in NC & go from Charlotte to Raleigh to see my PM MD...its worth the trip! To ALL....PLZ PLZZZZZ find better doctors because you will DIE waiting for help thru ANY of the so called pain mgmt"

LuxsMom August 22, 2018

For Chronic Pain "This is month 2 on this . I’m at 300mg. I can tell you that it does NOT help. It’s very expensive."

Davey (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Besides being expensive. Belbuca is not effective whatsoever for pain. It may be suitable to help relieve withdrawal from other opioids but it has no effect to relieve pain for me. Since the drug manufactures have changed the formulas in hydrocodone, there are no more medications except Percocet or Zohydro that will provide relief. Expect to live in pain now as the result of opioid scam which has practically eliminated manufacturers like Activis which made safe and effective Norco. I have discontinued the use of Belbuca after 4 days of use. I hope I do not have any withdrawal issues for I was not in withdrawal when I tried it last Wednesday."

Carl August 6, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have had rheumatoid arthritis (RA) for many years and have dealt with chronic pain for majority of my life. I just started Belbuca about a week ago I was skeptical and a bit scared at first after reading reviews. I was on ext release morphine every 12 hours and oxycodone for break through pain I was averaging 1-4 a day. My doctor started me on 300mg Belbuca every 12 hours and let me keep my oxycodone for the break through pain. So far I am pretty happy. I have noticed since Starting the Belbuca I have only had to take 2 pain pills for break through pain (that’s two in over a week whereas I was taking that daily before) I seem to be in a lot less pain and have been able to be more active I am extremely happy so far the only negative is that I have been experiencing a lot of frequent headaches I am not sure if it’s coincidence or because of the Belbuca however I will take headaches over chronic joint pain any day"

RAfighter August 5, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have chronic pain. My Pain Management (PM) Doc she liked the idea of the Belbucca Patches because they are an extended release medicine and can help cover when my Percocet starts to wear off. That’s what Belbucca is good for, helping with break thru pain. My PM Doc Started me on 75 mcg. She just upped it to 300 mcg. I can tell a difference in the pain. It’s not as severe as it use to be, I have absolutely no side effects at all, the patch is super tiny, tastes minty, about the size of the tip of an eraser on a pencil , it sticks to the cheek with no problem. Don’t drink or eat till it’s dissolved. When you first put the patch on the inside of your cheek take your tongue and press it up against there and take some extra saliva and push it over the patch and it’ll stick with no problem. It doesn’t give you that drowsy drugged up feeling like some meds do, you can still go on with your daily activities that you normally do with no problems. Hope this helps!"

Tori (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Works well if applied exactly right and it stays there. My problem is that it is difficult to apply and slides down inside of cheek and ends up in a little roll between gums and cheek. It does not enter bloodstream when this happens, torturous pain is the result. Sometimes it sticks to my teeth. Either malfunction destroys bioavailability and leaves me in horrible pain. My Pain Management (PM) Dr staff behaved as if my pleas for help were a huge imposition. I thought resolving pain issues was their job. I called twice politely asking for help. Their response was that if I don't shut up and wait for my appointment I had to have steroid shots if I want treatment. The PM Clinic power trip over those who are vulnerable is pathetic and inhumane. Sick of so called pain management clinics. Shame on you Dr and staff."

Badbones (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have Chronic Pancreatitis. I was prescribed Bulbuca 300. I did help somewhat for my pain. Although the side effects were awful. I was trading pain for some kind of lethargic very sick state. At work I was told to get more sleep although I slept 10 hrs plus. I was nauseated dizzy with mild pain. When I told my doctor he said it was normal. So I continued for 30 days. I just couldn't take it. I asked him if there was anything else. He said no . For me he wanted me to take a higher dosage. I couldn't agree . I need to go to work I need something else not being lethargic!"

Amber (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have RSD/CPRS Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) or AKA Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD). I also have diabetic foot neuropathy. Pain had me screaming out loud. My doctor put me oxycodone 10/325 mg. It did not alleviate the pain. I was bedridden. Doctor could not write opioids. He switched me to Tramodol. I get a new doctor. On the way to her I began to shake and twitch. I went to ER. I have no memory in the hospital. I had a mini-stroke. I was sleep deprived & had a UTI without any symptoms. New doctor put me in pain management. He put me on Belbuca. Being in pain you will try anything to get the relief. I started with 75mg for 1 week and upped 2nd week to 150mg. I can sleep at night. I do not awake in great pain. I have no side effects. I do not get a high sensation. I do not like placing the tabs in my jaw. But the relief is well worth it. I read the reviews. I'm so sorry it did not work for some people. It works for me. I get to have my quality of life back. That's a blessing all by itself."

jak April 16, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Tried the patch for the first time it stuck to my teeth instead ugh! Help anyone been able to get it to stick right?"

Shilohagel (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I was having a hard time finding pain medicine I could tolerate with my back pain. My pain levels were getting real bad so my doctor put me on belbuca. It really helped. The only issue I had was the plastic was sticking to my teeth."

Tamiame (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Belbuca was a godsend for me. I felt so cloudy with oxycodone for my chronic pain, and it seemed like my dose was slowly creeping up. I've been on 750 mcg Belbuca twice a day now for the past year. I feel so much better and feel I have my life and mind back!"

NickyMo (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I suffer from severe rheumatoid arthritis and have for six years. I was on high doses of pain pills daily. My daughter died in October of 2016 of an accidental opioid overdose and I decided I didn’t want to take pain pills anymore. I was referred to a pain clinic and offered Belbuca. I have been on the Belbuca since January of 2017. I started on the 300mg and I have worked my way up to the 900mg. At first I hated it and it didn’t help me. But as my dosages got stronger I began to notice a big difference in my pain. The Belbuca works for me now better than the pain pills did. I have a more constant level of pain control and I do not feel “high” like I did when I was taking the pain pills. I think that is one reason people don’t think Belbuca is working. You don’t feel any euphoria with Belbuca. But I am fully “here” with my family now. I am a better wife and mother to my children."

SadandSickMomma (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2018