User Reviews for Belbuca

Pain
4.5

Reviews for Belbuca

Gigi May 6, 2021

For Chronic Pain: “I've been on belbuca about 3 years the 450. My pain doctor was closed suddenly and I'm in the process of finding a new one. A doctor gave me percocet 10 to use till I get to my new doctor but couldn't prescribe belbuca because of all the regulations. The Belbucca causes no high and actually for me works better for my pain. I was given morphine at one time and I know I shouldn't but weaned myself off it because it made me feel like a zombie. I know it doesn't work for everyone but it's been the best for me and I have a lot if pain issues. I didn't take morphine long but it was horrible so I do prefer the belbuca.”

Freckles · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 29, 2021

For Chronic Pain: “Due to several severe auto accidents I've had chronic pain for 25 years. At on time I was up to 300 pills a month. My Doctor said let's try Belbuca. I was very leary. Thank the stars I trusted my Dr.. We started low and used my 7.5 norco for break though pain. The first week there was some help. Then things improved. My dose was increased several times. I have a life, my family was taken back by the improvement. No more pills. I can sleep all night. My life makes sense. Thank you”

Jude · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 28, 2021

For Chronic Pain: “My experience with Belbuca is somewhat mixed. I have CRPS in my dominant arm. Had a bad fall almost 8 years ago. The regular pain meds like Percocet trigger migraines in me. I would rate it a 6 out of ten. I've used it for 2 yrs, 300 twice per day.”

Kingbuba · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 24, 2021

For Chronic Pain: “It has done well with pain but due to tolerance I only have one dose increase left. Also, it has caused TERRIBLE insomnia. Sometimes it is every other night sometimes it is staying awake 2 of 3 days, which worsens the pain. I will take it as long as I can. Above 900 mcg it messes with your heart’s QT interval.”

Missy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I have been stuck with horrible chronic pain from PLDS (post-Lyme disease syndrome). first I was prescribed oxycodone, I hated the side effects. Apathy, brain fog, severe constipation, sweats, nausea, headaches... I was miserable. I fired my pain Dr and signed up for a chronic pain MAT program. They prescribed Belbuca and I’m very satisfied with my experience. It helps with pain as well as the oxy did, but the apathy and brain fog are pretty much gone. On my correct dose I have no nausea, headaches or other icky side effects. I’m free from the endless rollercoaster of pain and withdrawals between doses, and having to make sure I have opiates with me at all times just in case. A word of caution regarding the bad reviews. Some of them may not have given the medication enough time to find the right dose for them. Others it may not work for, but for me Belbuca controls pain and doesn’t make you high - to me that’s a good thing, I can be a full participant in my life again.”

Sevy January 9, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I like many others here have chronic pain 21 yrs now lots of pain meds and government decide that we have to have our meds lowered because of people who became addicted. If you have real pain you don't become addicted. Anyways I am now on belbuca a massive dose twice daily along with oxycodone 4 times a day and muscle relaxers. They have to change laws for those of us who have chronic pain and will the rest of our lives, because we really aren't living! We're existing in pain which is no way to live, as I have no life anymore .”

Abandoned Pain Patient · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 27, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “13+ years being STABLE on 150 + MME oxycodone and Morphine. Dr. Retires and the APRN I was left with refused to continue my care. Forced into a Pain Clinic and due to the torturous CDC “guidelines” and the FAKE opioid crisis (Fentanyl/Heroin is the real problem) I was given Belbuca as the ONLY option. I’m now at max dose of 900 mcg. It does work on nerve pain but has zero affect on bone pain. Headache is common and severe in the beginning but they do go away. Supposed to last 12 hours but consistently last only 6. After only a few months the dosage stops working. Now I’m at the top with no where to go. It also costs over $900.00 a MONTH. My old reliable meds cost $7 and $10 bucks a month. THANKS A LOT ! You’ve successfully DESTROYED patients lives, MANY have committed suicide due to your reckless recommendations. DAMN YOU ALL!”

Jane Doe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 14, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “My insurance company just canceled me. Pretty sure it was do to the HUGE cost of this medication. Different pharmacies charge from $900 to $1500 per month. I have NEVER abused any medications. Ever. Yet I am made to feel like some kind of drug addict. I have had multiple surgeries on my knees, shoulders, ankle, back etc. Metal Plates and Pins. This drug gives me headaches, constipation, and I can't sleep. I am exhausted all the time. What the Government has done to people who need pain medication is ABUSE. They need to go after the illegal Heroin, Fentanyl, and whatever else. Leave the people who REALLY do need pain medication alone. Let our doctor's do their jobs! This drug is a joke. And yet again the pharmaceutical companies are getting rich off of Americans who have worked their whole lives. I just want to be able to function again. Belbuca is not the answer for my pain. Maybe it works for others.”

Mr. C · Taken for 10 years or more December 3, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “They began with 450 but work Comp insurance would not cover it. Work Comp finally covered it in April, when raised to 750. It is not effective & I am in constant pain. I want the 900 to see if it would work. Before CDC decided we were all addicts & abusers, I had finally got meds to balance (Morphone, Oxycodone & Norco) to live as close to a normal life as is possible. Now I take Belbuca - it does not work! It took years to get meds balanced. The media lied and chronic pain sufferers are paying for it! Now insurance adjusts the Rx’s written by Dr, changing the amounts! INSURANCE STOPPED APPROVAL OF ALL MY PAIN MEDICATIONS FOR TWO WEEKS! Called attorney & said not sure life was worth living in such pain — got meds approved iso I wouldn’t end myself cuz pain doesn’t stop…EVER. LAWS NEED TO CHANGE FOR CHRONIC PAIN SUFFERERS!”

W.b. June 9, 2020

For Pain: “Belbuca is expensive for and has a horrible, horrible side effect of not sleep and my knees are absolutely killing me. Worst pain pill I've ever bought that I paid money at a drugstore for as much money as I paid it's insane how expensive it is. We need to take our government back over for people in pain.”

NatesMawMaw August 9, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “I am upset, depressed, angry because of Belbuca. I was so excited to start Belbuca. I was on Fentanyl patch for 14 years. It was perfect EXCEPT it would occasionally come off. I’ve been on Belbuca for 5 weeks now. It has only taken my pain from a 9 to 7.5. I’m on 600 strength. I have broken Harrington rods in my back and nerves & scar tissue has grown around them. I wish the people complaining about opioids use lived 1 week my pain. The secret they have to think the pain will never leave. They have to know just 3 blocks away at a pharmacy is something to help them BUT they can’t have it. IF you are reading this and U can help people who R suffering needlessly...plz help with a voice. ”

Highway · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2021

For Chronic Pain: “Have not tried yet but I have been abandoned by pain doctors and don’t know what to do. Withdrawal debilitating pain I can’t go on like this. I do know people say that film eats your stomach and teeth. The Laws on opioids need to change today. The pain situation is hopeless.”

Brian · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Ive tried Belbuca 75 mg patches for twenty five days now. It simply will not stick to the inside of a "moistened cheek" as indicated. If it does stick for more than 5 minutes it then releases and sticks to a tooth. I know it is not being absorbed because I can't feel anything. I honestly don't understand why they made this.”

Peachfire · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “This medication Belbuca can & is helping me to control my pain and lowering my dependence on the previous meds such as morphine/Oxicontin/Oxycodone. Please DON'T READ the negative reviews that I did and scared me so much to start these meds! Unlike the government who thinks we all fit into one box, we DO NOT! Please give these meds a chance, they don't make you get high (euphoria) like pills will. So if you are a TRUE pain patient, try this & don't turn it down because the bad reviews out there. I was scared to take it, but it has given me my life back. Due to the "guidelines" which have become the rule book. I am not mentally addicted to these medications, however, my body is. It is impossible for me, due to severe nerve damage. To ever live opiod free. However, when they cut my meds in half & I was forced to "medically resign" from my job because my pain levels were through the roof! I am ALWAYS in pain. Belbuca has given me my life back!”

Nh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 1, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I am now on 750 mg of belbuca. Been taking it for about 8 months now and it still doesn't help the severe pain I feel everyday. I understand that all the doctors want to get you off the oxycodones but how can you handle the pain without it. I also take tizanidine and gabapentin.. and some days the pain is too much.”

Married28 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 6, 2020

For Pain: “I am SO glad I looked at these reviews. I thought I was just being whiney about the effectiveness of this med, because Belbuca is barely taking my pain from a level 7 down to a 5. I promise I am not one to exaggerate my pain or complain but this med is not very much help for me at least. The package is difficult to open. It’s thin and you have to be careful when cutting it so that you don’t cut thru the patch. Pharmacies don’t keep much (if any) stock of Belbuca. Be prepared to wait for the pharmacy to order it. I don’t have a problem with the patch not sticking (thank goodness). I can sense minor relief in about 45-90 mins. And the relief does not last for 12 hour doses. ...unfortunately. I have broken Harrington rods in my back I’ve been in pain management for the last 23 years. I just always figured they would have some type of great miracle med for serious chronic pain... this Belbuca certainly not it...for me but I hope it helps you.”

Skeetz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 29, 2020

For Pain: “Was on the Belbuca 7 day patch but suffered from withdrawals every 5.5 days. If not complete withdrawals then pain all day in the sixth day. Got tired of it and changed to the 12 hour film. No matter how hard you try, it sticks to your teeth and takes about an hour to go away. I found it took care of my sciatica but didn't do a thing for stretched nerve pain. It would break through the Belbuca at about 11 am and screaming breakout pain would be with me for 12 hours. So I couldn't tell if it worked at all. Either my breakout pain was a hundred and the Belbuca was a ten, but I could not tell if I was on the medication or not. I hurt every day.”

Decklyn · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “This medicine saved my life. I feel no buzz. It doesn't hijack your brain like oxycodone. I feel so normal. This medicine is a true godsend. 10 years of endless depression of feeling stuck on percocet with constant pain when percocet only last 4 hrs and only 3 doses a day. Do the math 12 hrs ur suffering withdrawal and pain. With Belbuca I have no side effects and it works way better than suboxone ever did. I am so thankful. Nucynta is garbage. Percocet works but its very addicting and changes your personality. And I get angry really quick. Belbuca is a GODSEND to me anyways. I truly and finally have my life back. People are even noticing it. I was down to 143lbs and Im up to 160 already. I have a torn ACL 2 torn meniscous spinal stenosis DDD, facet hypertrophy and a ruptured l5 s1 disc. I am taking 300 micro grams”

Molly Maye · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “My husband has been on opioids for years for chronic back pain (degenerative disk disease). His dr retired last year and we have not been able to find anyone who will prescribe the meds for him. He also had surgery 2 years ago and the surgeon botched his surgery and he has chronic pain from that as well. We went to a new dr and he was prescribed Belbuca. This has been such a game changer for him. He is 4 days in and already there is a huge difference in him. Now to just get insurance to approve it. They denied our initial PA request and we had to pay cash for his first months supply.”

Deko · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I give this a score of -1. Belbuca provides zero relief for my pain. I was doing better before I started on it because the pain medication I was on before gave minor relief where this does nothing. Does not stick to my cheek worth a hoot. Waste of time and money so far.”

Saved by Grace · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “I like reading that this medication works for some people, unfortunately it did not work for me. It gave me terrible migraine headaches that sent me to the emergency room to rid myself of them because they were so severe. The moment it dissolves, my head felt like it was going to explode. I wish they could come up with something that could help people with chronic pain! I’m not sure the government understands. The opioid crisis is mostly for people that are addicted to fentanyl and move onto heroin. All of these reviews will not change anything unless people speak up to their representative. People cannot live in chronic pain and work.”

Ks Chronic Pain October 12, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “Started belbuca 1 wk& 2 days ago fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease, Degenerative Bone Disease, Peripheral Neuropathy, & Scoliosis I've been on pain meds for 19 yrs. Start dose 300mcg every 12 hours, which was increased to 600mg after 1 week. My chronic pain is not being covered yet but it did indeed take care of withdrawal symptoms. I've been given hydrocodone for breakthrough pain, but it takes more to take care of my pain. I imagine my doctor will probably increase me to 900mcg when I go back to see her in 2 weeks. Side effects headache/migraine, lack of energy Previous Medications Methadone 20mgs daily with hydrocodone for breakthrough pain for the last 8 years. Prior to that I took oxycontin w/oxycodone for breakthrough pain. The government needs to realize these opioid deaths aren't people being treated for pain under a doctor, but people using heroin, carfentanil, from people getting street meds”

Ozarkqueen April 8, 2020

For Pain: “I have taken Belbuca for a year now for all over body pain due to neurology damage. My doctor started me low and we worked up from there to the 300 mcg dose twice a day and we worked up from there. I think I may have experienced a headache in the beginning not sure. But it did help my pain, until it didn't then my doctor would increase my dose to the next level of patch. I'm now up to the 900 mcg dose. The only real side effects I have is being extremely tired and my body get really hot, which is a side effect. But this drug cost almost $900 a month! Insurance won't pay and I'm on a fixed income.”

Nicki · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Was in a accident 2015. Drunk driver hit me head on. From that year till last week I've had two surgeries on my back. PT. Pain management was the only way to help me, they added more pills & upped the dose of pain meds. Depending on pills for the pain was depressing. Long story short I went to another pain management dr for a second opinion. He tried me on belbuca 425mcg. Twice a day, today is day 6. First couple of days my head was foggy. I felt a little sick to my stomach. It goes away each day. The pain is 80% gone enough to where I can stand it and have a life. I don't have to take any pills in between. I was so afraid of detoxing because of the lower dose. No detox at all..I can't believe the pain break through this has given me. What I've been through and the pain was too much. I'm more active , longer walks. I'll never be able to run again but I'll take this over having to take 6 pills a day of high doses.”

Kc · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 1, 2020

For Pain: “I've been taking Belbuca for several months now. I was on the 300mcg and they brought me back down to 150 mcg thought the 300 may have been making me too tired. It hasn't worked for any of my pain at all. I've given it plenty of time to test. I will be asking for a referral to a pain management program because the GP doesn't want to prescribe anything stronger than this. My insurance covered it in full, but it's a waste of time because it doesn't work at all. I have no life with this pain.”

Tracy January 19, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I was put on Belbuca the very first day I walked into the pain clinic. I wasn’t even currently taking norco or any other short acting opioid! I don’t need to take them every day so going on belbuca, IMO, is worthless! So, instead, MY dr gave me ten 5mg norco’s for a whole month! Wow, can’t even get relief for longer than 3 days of a 3 week flare up! It’s insane how we’re treated!”

Happy September 20, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “Two words - belbuca sucks- it does not control my pain it gives me headaches dry mouth and I can't sleep at night I wish the government could be in as much pain as some of us are out there and see how they handle their day I'll surely prescribed belbuca to them”

notARealName January 16, 2021

For Chronic Pain: “This medication changed my life. I’ve tried many medications to manage pain from a chronic illness. I was on a stable dose of oxycodone for a long period of time, but felt that the effect wore off significantly over time. I felt pretty demoralized that the same dose that had been working for quite a while seemed to have finally stopped working for me. I switched to Belbuca, and stabilized my dose. It has been well over a year now, and I don’t have enough good things to say about it. If you’re looking for a medication that gets you “high”, look elsewhere. If you’re serious about your pain management, and want to be able to function with a clear head without your pain distracting you, this may be a great option for you. Final point: You’ll almost certainly need a prior authorization from your doctor for this medication. Insurance companies seem to not want to cover it, so you’ll need your doctor to do some paperwork so that you don’t end up paying $500 per month.”