User Reviews for Belbuca

Pain 4.8
Chronic Pain 4.3

Reviews for Belbuca

Brian · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Ive tried Belbuca 75 mg patches for twenty five days now. It simply will not stick to the inside of a "moistened cheek" as indicated. If it does stick for more than 5 minutes it then releases and sticks to a tooth. I know it is not being absorbed because I can't feel anything. I honestly don't understand why they made this.”

W.b. June 9, 2020

For Pain: “Belbuca is expensive for and has a horrible, horrible side effect of not sleep and my knees are absolutely killing me. Worst pain pill I've ever bought that I paid money at a drugstore for as much money as I paid it's insane how expensive it is. We need to take our government back over for people in pain.”

Missy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I have been stuck with horrible chronic pain from PLDS (post-Lyme disease syndrome). first I was prescribed oxycodone, I hated the side effects. Apathy, brain fog, severe constipation, sweats, nausea, headaches... I was miserable. I fired my pain Dr and signed up for a chronic pain MAT program. They prescribed Belbuca and I’m very satisfied with my experience. It helps with pain as well as the oxy did, but the apathy and brain fog are pretty much gone. On my correct dose I have no nausea, headaches or other icky side effects. I’m free from the endless rollercoaster of pain and withdrawals between doses, and having to make sure I have opiates with me at all times just in case. A word of caution regarding the bad reviews. Some of them may not have given the medication enough time to find the right dose for them. Others it may not work for, but for me Belbuca controls pain and doesn’t make you high - to me that’s a good thing, I can be a full participant in my life again.”

weeds · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 12, 2020

For Pain: “Belbuca the best!!!!!! i don't get high, but, NO PAIN!!!!! it's a wonder drug for me. Belbuca twice a day.”

Ozarkqueen April 8, 2020

For Pain: “I have taken Belbuca for a year now for all over body pain due to neurology damage. My doctor started me low and we worked up from there to the 300 mcg dose twice a day and we worked up from there. I think I may have experienced a headache in the beginning not sure. But it did help my pain, until it didn't then my doctor would increase my dose to the next level of patch. I'm now up to the 900 mcg dose. The only real side effects I have is being extremely tired and my body get really hot, which is a side effect. But this drug cost almost $900 a month! Insurance won't pay and I'm on a fixed income.”

Richard April 7, 2020

For Pain: “Belbuca was useless for pain in my opinion. No pain decrease whatsoever... . Now I get to wait another month in pain to see doctor. Thanks for nothing.”

Deko · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I give this a score of -1. Belbuca provides zero relief for my pain. I was doing better before I started on it because the pain medication I was on before gave minor relief where this does nothing. Does not stick to my cheek worth a hoot. Waste of time and money so far.”

Billybob · Taken for 10 years or more March 8, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Works good”

Nh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 1, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I am now on 750 mg of belbuca. Been taking it for about 8 months now and it still doesn't help the severe pain I feel everyday. I understand that all the doctors want to get you off the oxycodones but how can you handle the pain without it. I also take tizanidine and gabapentin.. and some days the pain is too much.”

Cleopatra9053 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 1, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I take 600 mcgs. Belbuca has been a life saver, it works really good for my MS pain.”

SD · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

For Pain: “Been using Hydrocodone and Oxycodone for 9 years, GI can't tolerate long acting medication and I still lead an active life and don't want to be intoxicate 24/7. Just started taking Belbuca, I normally have dry mouth so my first few times using it haven't been pleasant!!! Not supposed to eat or drink anything, have to brush my teeth to get rid of the smeary paste in my mouth. Makes me very sleepy and feeling dazed. Don't noticed much yet for pain relief, just more of an I don't care attitude. Going to using it only at bedtime. Definitely expensive, get a coupon for $100 off the first fill. Wouldn't mind paying for it if i knew it had positive results.”

Kingbuba · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 21, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “First, you have to get to the right dose, which may take several steps. There is a set of steps your doctor will follow in increasing this meds, and it may suck going through! This med blocks the receptor for other opioids and you will likely experience withdrawals at the start. My doc warned me so I was ready. The 150 dose was not enough, but I had to take it ten days. The 300 dose worked fairly well for two months. I am now in 450 and it is adequate, but at my next appointment will likely go to 600 mcg. You are not supposed to develop tolerance as fast but I seem to be. Even with all this it works fairly well. One problem is that the films sometimes roll or stick to your tongue instead of your cheek. Find an area that works for you.”

Molly Maye · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “My husband has been on opioids for years for chronic back pain (degenerative disk disease). His dr retired last year and we have not been able to find anyone who will prescribe the meds for him. He also had surgery 2 years ago and the surgeon botched his surgery and he has chronic pain from that as well. We went to a new dr and he was prescribed Belbuca. This has been such a game changer for him. He is 4 days in and already there is a huge difference in him. Now to just get insurance to approve it. They denied our initial PA request and we had to pay cash for his first months supply.”

kathstang · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I've started on a 150 mg dose of Belbuca. I was so tired then I seem to adjust it to it. Then they just up me to 300mg dose I'm so tired I could fall asleep at 1 in the afternoon while I'm driving. I'm not saying that it doesn't work for the pain but who can be this tired all the time I can't even put a thought in my head going to ask the doctor take me off. I'm going back to the 150mg until then PS also terrible constipation which I never have a problem with”

Decklyn · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “This medicine saved my life. I feel no buzz. It doesn't hijack your brain like oxycodone. I feel so normal. This medicine is a true godsend. 10 years of endless depression of feeling stuck on percocet with constant pain when percocet only last 4 hrs and only 3 doses a day. Do the math 12 hrs ur suffering withdrawal and pain. With Belbuca I have no side effects and it works way better than suboxone ever did. I am so thankful. Nucynta is garbage. Percocet works but its very addicting and changes your personality. And I get angry really quick. Belbuca is a GODSEND to me anyways. I truly and finally have my life back. People are even noticing it. I was down to 143lbs and Im up to 160 already. I have a torn ACL 2 torn meniscous spinal stenosis DDD, facet hypertrophy and a ruptured l5 s1 disc. I am taking 300 micro grams”

Belbuca Works! · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 31, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I'm 39 and have had 3 babies, two major back surgeries which now I have chronic intractable pain, arthritis and neuropathy. I've been on Morphine, Dilaudid, Fentanyl, Oxy and just recently on Opana. Then my Dr put me back on Belbuca. I had been on it last year for over a year then my insurance changed and it was over 300.00 dollars so my Dr switched meds for a few months and now I couldn't be happier to be back on it! No nausea from Oxy, no side effects from any withdrawal because it's Suboxone and it's the best pain relief I've ever had. I'm at 600 mcg and have incredible pain relief. I do take gapabentin as well as a muscle relaxer but everything in conjunction works great! I can't say anything bad about it. Anyone that experiences nausea and is taking something with it, it has to be the other narcotic.”

Big Daddy January 30, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “It did not work very well and seemed more of a placebo. I stopped taking it and it took a few days to get over the withdrawal. I feel a lot better I think it was interacting with other meds I take and making me feel ill.”

Cee · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Hurt my back in 2005 doing leg weights on a leg machine. I was seeing my primary doctor for the pain in my lower back. No relief from the meds he gave me. He sent me to a pain management doctor for back injections and other types of meds. Been on oxy 7.5mg for a few years now. I asked him what else was out there that might help. He gave me a script for 150mg of Belbuca. It did nothing at all for my chronic back pain. I now have a script for the 300mg, but wondering if that is any better. The oxy works better. I take 1 three times a day. If the 300mg doesn't work when I get it filled, I don't want anymore.”

Tracy January 19, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I was put on Belbuca the very first day I walked into the pain clinic. I wasn’t even currently taking norco or any other short acting opioid! I don’t need to take them every day so going on belbuca, IMO, is worthless! So, instead, MY dr gave me ten 5mg norco’s for a whole month! Wow, can’t even get relief for longer than 3 days of a 3 week flare up! It’s insane how we’re treated!”

Bert · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 18, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “About 6 years ago I had a failed back surgery. The surgeon keep saying there was nothing more he can do. Took tons of pain meds that wouldn't last long at all. Then they said I need pain management and they took me off all meds so my pain was bad. Now I have a new pain doc he put me on Belbuca 300 mg. I tell you now it works for me. Still have pain but totally better then I have been in 6 years. I finally have a life back hunting fishing. I am so glad not to take pills anymore. I've taken it now for 3 months.”

RinkaD · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2020

For Pain: “So on Belbuca at 150 mcg twice a day for pain. Can't actually tell that I am taking it. In other words it is doing nothing for my pain. Also have to say the packaging can't be opened without scissors! And the little patch doesn't stay in place once you get it in your mouth.”

Love life · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I took belbuca for the first time 75 mcg was not good so many side effects including stomach pain couldn't walk coughing confusion sore throat and couldn't sleep and more and my pain got worse this is not good medication for me.”

Nicki · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Was in a accident 2015. Drunk driver hit me head on. From that year till last week I've had two surgeries on my back. PT. Pain management was the only way to help me, they added more pills & upped the dose of pain meds. Depending on pills for the pain was depressing. Long story short I went to another pain management dr for a second opinion. He tried me on belbuca 425mcg. Twice a day, today is day 6. First couple of days my head was foggy. I felt a little sick to my stomach. It goes away each day. The pain is 80% gone enough to where I can stand it and have a life. I don't have to take any pills in between. I was so afraid of detoxing because of the lower dose. No detox at all..I can't believe the pain break through this has given me. What I've been through and the pain was too much. I'm more active , longer walks. I'll never be able to run again but I'll take this over having to take 6 pills a day of high doses.”

Sevy January 9, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I like many others here have chronic pain 21 yrs now lots of pain meds and government decide that we have to have our meds lowered because of people who became addicted. If you have real pain you don't become addicted. Anyways I am now on belbuca a massive dose twice daily along with oxycodone 4 times a day and muscle relaxers. They have to change laws for those of us who have chronic pain and will the rest of our lives, because we really aren't living! We're existing in pain which is no way to live, as I have no life anymore .”

BelbucaSucks · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Not only did it not really do anything for my chronic pain made worse by a car accident where I broke the left side of my body, but I was on it for 5 days and lost 8 lbs due to nausea and vomiting. I'm one day off of it and still nauseas, can't eat, can barely drink. I'm so miserable. Thank goodness I also have Oxycodone which is making me nauseous as well thanks to the Belbuca.”