User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Opiate Dependence 466 reviews 8 medications

9.1
Summary of Suboxone reviews 466 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Suboxone

For Opiate Dependence "Getting onto suboxone was the best decision I've made for a long time. A lot of people don't like it because it doesn't get you real high after about 7 days of being on it, suboxone is there for people that genuinely want to get off the skag, if your not one off these people then get on the methadone and stop badmouthing suboxone, its saved my life and a lot of money, instead of thousands of dollars a month I only pay 60 now. Take care all"

Bobbet July 21, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "The sub's, are keeping well from opiod withdraw. And It is keeping me out of pain! I take a buprenorphine patch 20 milligram I wear it for 7 days it works fine. I was taking the patch and taking oxycodone. I got on the Suboxons to get off the oxy's. So I'm asking can I just stop soboxoñ and apply the patch??"

Pain warrior (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "This drug was a monster for me. I took it to get off opiate pain medication thru the VA. My legs and feet swelled to enormous proportions and the pain was terrific. The VA uses veterans as guinea pigs. Stay away."

Billy B. July 11, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I was a herion addict for 10yrs and at my rock bottom lost everything, sold everything even my beloved dog just for a bag, sick isnt the word for herion addiction, I had know way out. One got caught stealing cell phones from my family members, I was in jail detoxing thinking I was going to die. Once I got out jail clean I was determined to find a suboxone doctor and I did it was the best choice I have ever made! Now im 2 years clean and suboxone was a important tool and helping me do so! I owe my life to suboxone and it really offends me when people bash the drug because its a true life saving drug!"

Mikeryan1225 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "You know, nothing in life is perfect..and as addicts we should know. Suboxone, like any medication has its ticks. Constipation, sleepiness, that's my side effects. However, would I trade that for the lying, stealing, anxiety, ocd, withdrawal worries, etc etc? My answer is NO. Hell NO. I struggled and fought on my own thinking I could manage my addiction myself for 10 long years. Through 2 births, my husbands 12 deployments, that was the hardest 10 years of my life. It's nice to know life doesn't have to be that difficult and that with Suboxone as a tool, not a fix-all thing, I'm gonna make it. Life with Suboxone is much better than life without it. Period. ( bought off friends during those 10 years as a detox, but been on maintenance 21mth)"

IfIcanUcan (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "This medication doesn't really provide the relief I am looking for. You really do not feel this medication as you would even say oxycodone, however it is so potent that not only does it bind with every opiate receptor in your brain, it begins creating new ones and fitting into receptors that are not opiate receptors causing damage to the brain. Many people that are aware of this take the lowest dose possible being 2 mg. Methadone is its own evil in itself, however I think any opiate besides this one is better due to its extreme destruction to the brain and the use of Naloxone, which causes damage to your kidneys, liver and other organs."

Foxtrotz (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Works great to kick a opiate habit but a f**king nightmare to get off of. I've had to stop because I'm pregnant and I haven't slept more than 2 hours a night in a week, go back and forth with having diarrhea and being constipated from being so dehydrated, my skin won't stop crawling. It's a nightmare and I've only been taking it for about 3 or 4 months and was down to a 1/4 of a strip, skipping days when I could. I wish I just would have detoxed the hard way for a few days."

Chick12345 June 23, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Life saving! Im so happy to have this drug, I was a severe herion/opioid dependent for 8+ years, I got pregnant and got off the dope, seeked council whoch led me to methadone clinic. It was a way to maintain with a baby without full withdraw/detox. Skip 2 years of maintenance methadone. Finally took the leap to suboxone. 100% best decision I could ever do for myself and my Family. Both my husband and myself are addicts, together when using we were going to either get a divorce , go to jail , or die. You cannot uae narcotics on thus drug. If you do you will be very sick, or in my case you spend enough money to realize that you can do copious amounts of dope and not feel any different ! That's life changing !"

Kylijah (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Hooked on heroin for 5 years. Never thought I'd get off of it. Now, I'm a mother and a teacher because of suboxone. It saved my life."

Angiefeenwood (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Suboxone great for short detox but terrible for longterm maintenance program"

Scaredforlife May 26, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on subs for 7 years and have been very successful with my family and career! Two weeks ago I decided I don't want to depend on anything but my self, well I thought...... I have been taking just a quarter strip for one year now and If I skip a day I can barely function. Called my doctor and he told me there's no withdraw..... Bullshit!!!!!!! It's been two weeks I haven't takin it and I still can't sleep at night, my back feels like it's on fire, and I just got done puking my guts out! This has been the hardest thing I have EVER had to overcome! If your serious about getting clean DO NOT take this for a long period of time! Yes it helps the cravings but not your addiction!"

Nogood4 u May 16, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "OK love you all first off but can't believe what I am reading, people saying opiate withdraws are three days lmao. You are not even dependent on them then. I've been to day 25 and felt worse than day three. The shits cramps no sleep every muscle and bones hurt can't eat lost 20 pounds. And none of it is in your head no shrink can help your pain how stupid. Couldn't even possibly make it to a shrink. And I have a degree in chemical dependency drug counseling. Its a joke. Helps no one. Now on to suboxone sure it keeps you from opiate withdrawals but its ten times worse to kick post accute withdrawals from suboxone can last up to two years. You can never get off it it could kill you for real. No one on box is even close to out of hot water"

Joe dirt (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Every person has a different experience. I have noticed that it works for people who want it to work. If you're not ready, it won't work. The experience I'm having is that I am not ready to come off of it do to back injury. If you're ready it will work and probably save your life. Don't be another statistic"

Sick and Twisted (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Ok, I've been an opiate addict for 11 years. First it was Hydrocodone, 80mg daily, for 2.5 years. Second it was Oxycodone, 160mg daily, for 3 years. Third it was Heroin, smoking 1g daily, for 1.5 years. Then it was Methadone, 120mg daily, for 4 years. I got myself into a 5 star rehab. They got me down to 35mg of methadone first, then switched me to Suboxone. It was a life saver. Amazing drug. I'm now Narcotics free. Thank you TONS Suboxone.. You gave me my family and life back."

Buprenorphine_8mg (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Helps"

Tom50 April 23, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I've been on it for 6 months. My 2nd time and I've had real heroin clean time before without sub maintance. I still have cravings on subs and I hate being on them. I need meetings and a sponsor but feel like a fraud so I don't go and when I rarely do I share in a meeting and break down crying. I know the horrific withdrawals I had the last time I got off sub maintance and it led to relapse a week later so I'm so terrified. I feel stuck and trapped in a corner n have crazy thoughts like going and buying to bundle of heroin to get off the suboxon but then I'm afraid I probably won't stop the heroin n will have to go to detox n rehab and now I have a 10 month old daughter so that's not an option. I can't risk getting off of it n hate bein on it"

withdrawlworstthanheroin April 2, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "This drug saved my life... All complaints aside, this time s a miracle drug, BUT, long term results vary depending on one's commitment to sobtiey. I've been taking Sub's on/off for five years. This MED had 2 basic function for me: Kept me "well" until more opiates are refilled/acquired & gave me the opportunity to shuffle my priorities so that opiates were no longer a priority. It took time for me to mature and commit to the lifestyle changes I needed so badly. Bottom line, this drug alone won't keep u clean m, but if you combine a regimen of support groups, commitment, and this medication I truly believe anyone can get off opiates. Good Luck. Side effects: constipation, long term reduced energy. "

WyseguyCA (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I started taking Suboxone (Bupe/Naloxone) 8mg strips 6 months ago, and now I am down to 4mg. Trust me when I tell you that this drug will save your life if you have an opiate addiction, but you must follow your doc's orders. I was snorting 5-10 30 mg oxycodone's (roxi's) a day, and heroin when desperate. Opiates ruined my life I lost EVERYTHING! Now I am back in college full-time, and got my life back. If you are dealing with opiate addiction do yourself a favor, and make an appointment with a Suboxone doctor, and seek out counseling. This drug works if taken responsibly."

Tbizzle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "If your reading this I know what your going thru. With or without medication therapy if you can make it to your 4th 24hours without using, you're out of the woods. I saw so many success stories posted here, you can do it too! Trust me don't give up. You're going to feel completely nuts for the first 3 days if ur going cold turkey - when u get to day 4 your good as new. If ur going the sub. route once you take your last bump or shoot that last shot of H. If u can just hold on for about a minimum of 16hrs from your last dose which should put u at about moderate withdrawal.. think of it as the last time you,ll EVER have to feel like this. Wait 16-18hrs (preferably 18hrs) then put that suboxone under your tounge n lay down. 10-20min later ur 100% golden"

lovetrumps March 29, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "This medication has changed my life! Welcome world :)"

Cheryl from Maine March 21, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Let me put to rest the biggest misconception about Suboxone. You've all heard or have said it before. "With Suboxone, I'm just trading one addiction for another." That's WRONG and I'll tell you why. An addiction is a compulsive behavior that we do and continue to do despite HARMFUL CONSEQUENCES. I was addicted to heroin for a couple of years. My life was going down the tubes. I was suffering consequences left and right, but I kept using. Now lets talk about DEPENDENCE. We are dependent on a substance where if we STOP taking it, we will have harmful consequences. A diabetic is dependent on their insulin, if they don't take it they could get very sick. If I stop my Suboxone, I could suffer bad consequences. Kapeesh?"

Rdphish73 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I was on methadone for 10 yrs quitting cold turkey at 80mg in Dec 2015. I lasted about 4 days then started using heroin again. Jan 2 I went into detox, got out the 10th and was still in wds from the methadone. Went 3 weeks struggling really bad, started shooting again then finally gave suboxone a try 1 week ago. I feel amazing besides the constant sweats I get. Methadone withdrawal is the worst wd I ever experienced. I know I'm not looking to come off suboxone. I know for me that I will always need "something". If I can take a legally prescribed medication that will help me not to shoot heroin and make my life unmanageable then I will continue to take it. So far suboxone has done good by me, why would I stop it."

franc1ne73 (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "suboxone got me off of painkillers but left me addicted to it and my doctor wanted to keep me on it so I had to stop cold turkey on my own after being on it for 5 and 1/2 years. withdrawal was bad for about a week but some symptoms lasted a couple of months, but it was worth it because now I am my normal self again and much happier. It's now been over a year and I don't even think about it anymore.If I had known more about suboxone I would have just quit painkillers without it."

ac clark March 2, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "This medication saved every aspect of my life! I am so thankful I took the steps necessary to get treatment. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get off of opioids and get their life back! Truly amazing stuff! Thank you!!!"

batchie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Suboxone saved my life and sanity. I also had health issues and received heavy doses of opiates and became a full blown addict. I don't know how many times I overdosed on medication. 20 years of addiction I don't know how I survived but by the grace of God. I started suboxone in 2005. It saved my life! I have a good life, I have an awesome life now. This medication not only helps with pain but I took away any desire to drink! I have not drank since 2007! One reason I started with the pills was to get alcohol under control! I still take suboxone. I really feel they need to make this free for anyone who has an addiction. After all these drug company have made $$$ I am so very grateful that I am able to have this."

Audreegene February 7, 2016