User Reviews for Suboxone

Opiate Dependence
8.9

Summary of Suboxone reviews 8.9 552 reviews

Reviews for Suboxone

For Opiate Dependence "I had an expensive love for the high "Boy" made me feel for to long I just didn't want to give it up. It stopped when I was incarcerated for 10 months. I knew I was going to start again so I did for about one week and admitted myself in treatment so I could get suboxone 4 years ago and I am very pleased with myself, but now I am having problems with my breathing. I am not stable enough to stop taking the 8mg strips. I am searching for same affect but different medication. Has anyone experienced this with suboxone if so I'd like to hear from you."

Enigma February 12, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "This drug is less potent and we shouldn’t be selling an Indian made drug in America we should be using American products. I don’t want it. I tried them in fear of it being pushed on me and had to take twice as much to feel half the normal on regular subs."

Itsucks (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Suboxone had been phenomenal for me. I've tried methadone in the past, however I always ended up abusing other drugs while on it. Suboxone had completely quelled that desire. 6 months on Suboxone with no other illicit drug use! For me that's a miracle. I've been abusing prescription painkillers for 20 year's."

Mick1012 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I like reading people success from this amazing drug and I do agree all the way with most all comments except for using subs for just the withdrawal period. Reasons why it is 4 to 6 months is kinda needed to retrain the brain and your body and build a stronger foundation so relapse does not occur. Then ya done and do not have to be medicated. Happy for all that beat their demons and God bless"

Grayday (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "There are no words to describe how wonderful life is now. Opiate addiction is the most horrible thing I ever went through and my heart breaks for anyone who is going through it right now. Suboxone literally gave me my life back. Although it doesn’t solve everything instantly, it does take away the sickness from withdrawal as well as the craving for more opiates, so you can start rebuilding your life! That along with some therapy to work through my issues (mostly the intense guilt I had from the time I spent being addicted) was all it took for me to start rebuilding what I had lost. I urge anyone who is looking for some help to try this. It is quite expensive if you don’t have insurance, but the cost is nothing compared to the cost of buying drugs on the street, and besides that the cost is so worth getting rid of the anguish that my addiction caused me!"

Julieschaeffe (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Strips are great they work they last longer then most brands of suboxone, the Dr Reddy strips are horrible nothing like suboxone at all. They don't work, they taste nasty. The suboxone films should never be taking off market."

Mindy (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I literally just started this medication today. My doc prescribed it for me since he and I agreed that I had reached a point with my back pain where the opiates just weren't as helpful. Been on them 8 years. 200 mgs a day. I took my last pill yesterday at 3pm. I woke up and took my first tablet at 9:30 am. No withdrawal at all! None! I feel strange... a little warm and like everything is a bit surreal, but I am so grateful that the thought of a pain pill hasn't even entered my mind. It actually sounds repellent. I can't say yet how well it is for pain, but before I went on it, I really wanted to know what the BEGINNING would be like... and it's been easy! I am so happy. To be free of oxy for even almost 24 hours is amazing to me. I encourage anyone to try this who is stuck in the vicious circle of opiate dependance. I want my life back. I think this may be the way."

NoMoDopiates (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Got addicted to pain killers in early 20s. Now 28 and have been on Suboxone for about 7 years. There are positive and negative comments on here but I want to say a few truths I have experienced while on it: 1. Biggest thing... THIS REPLACES ADDICTION OF DEPENDENCE. This is a good thing. Instead of searching around for pills and whatnot you are on something constant that if taken regularly will serve to make you stable. 2. I have a very good and flexible doctor which has been critical to my success. One time I washed my prescription and he wrote me a replacement prescription. If I have to go out of state or something he will fill it a little early. He also says its up to patients to decide what works for them as far as when to start reducing amounts. My doctor being flexible and not having a ton of requirements has been critical. 3. It is expensive. My insurance covers 100% of the generic but that is okay because I prefer the taste and effect from the pill."

Matt November 29, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Saved my life! So grateful for this medicine"

Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Good. "

Rick (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I am and always will be in recovery from addiction to heroin, Xanax, meth, pain pills. I've also been addicted to and went to rehab for suboxone. I've been an addict since I'm 19 now 31, on and off suboxone programs. I absolutely hate suboxone and I'm currently on it. It makes me tired, lazy both physically and mentally, anxious more then usual. I was clean for 8 months in a halfway house and begged to get back on the program. I regret that after multiple detoxes off suboxone the most horrific detox that I still went back on n realistically as a crutch. I'm in addiction all over again but from a drug that's "made to help you get clean" well I'm not clean. I have to on a daily basis take a medication to "feel normal". People say it's better then shooting up why? People shoot up suboxone. It's better then pain pills why? This is prescribed just as pain pills are. I regret ever taking it longer then 2 weeks. You get sick from not taking it and it makes me feel horrible."

Nana November 11, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "This medication was somewhat effective for me. I was maintained on 8 mg a day for 7 years. the critical issue for me and it was quite critical was the fact that it never ameliorated my cravings. This ultimately led to major compliance issues. Further, in my seventh year of taking this med I developed severe panic attacks which led to my discontinuation. Incidentally discontinuing this drug involved two weeks of inpatient detox followed by an additional 2 months of persistent withdrawal symptoms. Lastly, stopping this medication has wreaked havoc on my GI system as I have had IBS symptoms for the past three years."

naked lunch (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 9, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Honestly this med saved my life. I have been treated with traditional abstinence based recovery and have spent over 75,000 dollars on in patient and out patient treatment. I am now stable, I have my own place and am working two jobs. Just a warning that dependence does develop but it is worth it."

T rizzle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I was addicted to Oxy's and whatever else I could find for 11 yrs and moved to Az where I decided to get clean. I've been on Suboxone for 7 yrs now and doing great. Not once thought of doing another pain pill since I've been on it. I can say I moved and had a hard time finding another Dr to proscribe them to me and the withdrawals were as bad if not worse than when I had with the withdrawals of pain pills. I went 3 weeks moved back I couldn't take it anymore that was the worst 3 weeks of my life.. But they do help just don't ever suddenly quit them."

Arizona (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 26, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on Suboxone for two years now it has saved my life! I know I’m dependent on it but I’d rather depend on something legal as to be in jail or running the streets! I take the generic tablets which are cheaperp because I don’t have insurance and they work great according to the manufacture! My favorite would be manufactured by Reckitt Benckiser the orange octagon pill with N8 logo, today I tried the Dr Reddys generic film strip and it has a horrible taste and seems less potent! I just wanted to give my opinion in case anyone was wanting to try the generic films! I wouldn’t change the tablet whatsoever! Doesn’t help me at all! Thanks for reading I hope I’ve helped someone today if needed."

SkywalkerGal (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "This website crowds people into endorsing the product. I believe all of know suboxone will quell your withdrawals. Good luck finding a clinic that is accepting patients. Even though the field of providers was widened from just MD's being able to prescribe, few of the lesser included providers have opted to become certified to prescribe. There is still severely few DATA2000 (Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000) certified providers in the rural western US. Coincidentally this one of the hardest hit regions opiate crisis in the country."

JtAlmond August 28, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I've just started Suboxone a month ago and am afraid I may have to get off of it. It worked great for my withdrawal symptoms, but for some reason I started having panic attacks, for example it magnified my fear of heights I can't even watch a movie with high building because the fear is so overwhelming. I looked to see if this was a side effect but could find nothing. I don't know much about the withdrawal of Suboxone but I will cross that bridge when I get to it. But believe me when I say Suboxone can be a life saver. I was having so many side effects from the morphine and hydrocodone I was taking that I was slowly dying. I'm still going to give it a go and I hope I can get past the panic attacks side effects. That being said if I have to take Suboxone for the rest of my life just so I can live a happy normal life so be it. I just wish they would look into the panic attacks side effects more and see if they can find a solution. I hope it passes and I can stay on Suboxone"

John doe August 22, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Some users seem to be confused about this medication. It is a true opioid the same as fentanyl or natural opiates like morphine. It could be considered natural in the same way as codeine and morphine as it' s made from thebaine a naturally occurring alkaloid in the poppy. It is very, very addictive the same as the others. Yes, we are trading one addiction to another in the same class of drugs. The major difference is that we don't have to visit dangerous areas of town or sick dealers who adulterate the product. We can go about our lives just like any non addict in society. There is also the antidepressant property due to the Kappa activity. You will have typical withdrawal symptoms if you stop suddenly. And just so you know, you do get a bit of a buzz from the stuff. More a feeling of everything is ok now. "

Clem August 17, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I had been using opiates for about 8 years and had gone to rehab once only to relapse after about 4 months of being clean. I had heard of Suboxone and did some research. I found a clinic about 60 miles away and went there. They have a great support system and outpatient treatment program. I followed all the instructions of my Dr. and have been on Suboxone for about 10 years now. I started at a dose of 24/6 mg a day. I reduced to 12/4 and have done great there. Continue to reduce but only down to a point. I intend to stay on a low dose for good. It works and I have my life back. It has been 10 years since I have used anything. I don't even drink anymore. It is a lifesaver for anyone who is serious about getting clean and willing to do what the Dr says. You cannot play around with your dosage or how you take the drug. Just use a s directed and get your life back."

Ned23 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I’ve been hooked on oxy for over 2 years now. Started off taking the 10s here and there. Than I was taking them twice a day. My dealer didn’t have 10mg so I bought 30mg. It was downhill from there. At my worst l was popping 10-12 30mg a day. I have not lived the past two years. My life revolved around those pills. I couldn’t go anywhere do anything without them. I finally got the courage to go see a Dr. They prescribed me suboxone 4mg. I waited 17 hrs after my last oxy. Took my first strip this morning when I started having withdrawals. It took the withdrawals right away. I feel good. A little muscle/back pain but overall I feel good. Nothing like the symptoms that withdrawals brings on."

BigE (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Absolute miracle drug and incredibly long half life. This will absolutely get your life back to normal. Highly recommended. Do not be afraid to talk with your doctor."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I started taking this for pain, but yet we are dependent upon this "Life Saver", and yet we are sober or clean,... can anybody go three days without taking? NO, not because of pain but because of withdrawals, now I find myself needing to go to rehab- but I can't, we would loose the house and we have babies,... Thanks to my choices and the "doctors" for making it worse, and they are free,...?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I had been on many different pain killers over the last 15 years and it was getting to the point where nothing was helping with the pain so I tried Suboxone and it really helped a lot. I have been on it for a year now and I feel like I am finally living my life - without all the pain and the dr has me on 2 a day but most of the time I only need 1 a day. If the pain is bad then I take 1 1/2 and that beats taking 6 to 8 pain killers a day"

feeling great (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "For me, the initial dose of Suboxone totally killed withdrawal symptoms. Within 20 minutes it did, replacing the WD & mental depression with a 'bright' & 'refreshed' feeling that lasted until my next dose. (This far exceeded my expectations). Now, over a year later, I'm still on once-a-day maintenance. I feel like I'm actually living now -- seems like with a new body & mind. The wonders of Suboxone are many, but for me it's mainly the fact that it lasts sooo long -- thereby breaking the addict cycle of 'needing' to dose something every few hours. Also I can eat all I want, when I want -- without interference to the medicine."

Alltoward Infinity (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Works very well for opioid dependence. Immediate results when taken properly. "

Bo (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2018