User Reviews for Suboxone

Opiate Dependence
8.9

Summary of Suboxone reviews 8.9 567 reviews

Reviews for Suboxone

For Opiate Dependence "Well suboxone sure gave me my life back, however with that being said I've been on it 18 and half months, this is my second time coming off it , I feel ready. Problem is I was not told by anybody that runs the program that it is absolutely worse coming off then the drugs you were doing to begin with. The withdrawals are beyond horrible and after 2 and half weeks I was still sick. I just firmly believe as an addict going for help and the rest of us have a right to know all the information, instead I feel mislead, deceived and lied to, but I'll make it and so will all of you. Wish everybody best of luck.."

Jlynn2019 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "So I promised the last time when I got off these things I would do a review because I read all the reviews and it scared me! But the first time I was taking subprime for about 6 years so it took me a longer time to tapper but if you tapper slowly you will barely feel anything. You will be uncomfortable and not want to go hang out but you can still eat and things like that. NOTHING like coming off blues or anything that miserable no where near that awful. Only thing if you have something to help you sleep was the hardest only one day though. The next time (yes I’m a dumbass) I’ve been taking for about 6 months but only a quarter so it took me a month to taper and by doing that I was only feeling like rubbish for one day and it wasn’t even that bad. So as long as you taper and don’t come off when your taking a quarter or more you’ll be ok. It was mostly the anxiety about it all that kills you. You can do this! You got this!"

Justme June 2, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Tried both Suboxone generics the Dr. Reddy and Sandoz generic Film. They both worked fine. Dr. Reddy’s seemed to have a different texture but still worked fine. Sandoz brand worked even better. Felt exactly like the Name Brand and the Film looks the same. Just found out Sandoz are Name Brand (Authorized Generic). They are manufactured by Indivior (makers of Name Brand Suboxone) then re-marketed by Sandoz. I noticed someone complained on here about the Sandoz Brand. I don’t understand how they didn’t work being they are EXACTLY the SAME as the Name Brand. Could this be psychological?"

Steve (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on Suboxone 8mg strips for going on 2 yrs because of opiate addiction. The name brand has worked very well for me but now they came out with the generic brand of buprenorphine with naloxone and it's trash! I take two daily and since the switch I've noticed that not only it doesn't last long enough but I've been in itchy hives. These new generic brands are weak and make me super sleepy. I'm hoping my Dr will let my insurance know about the side effects I've been going through and covers the brand name."

Sasha83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on suboxone for 10 years . I know that’s a long time but I don’t think about opiates and can live my life . For the past three months I have felt terrible withdrawal , thoughts of using again (after 10 years of not one thought of using) and I almost gave in . Come to find out it’s all because I was getting the generic suboxone . Now that I’m back on the name brand , I’m fine . It’s terrible that big manufactures and pharmacy can legally do this and we, the small people, not only pay for these meds, but then feel terrible and even go into withdrawal. I wish I could find a platform to do something, but I’m a nobody and even if I found a platform it wouldn’t help . If I were a celebrity or government official maybe . All I know is I almost lost my sobriety due to the generic and had the worst 3 months of my life"

J (taken for 10 years or more) May 11, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Suboxone has allowed me to function and have a full life without attending countless meetings listening to people struggling everyday to be sober. Suboxone allows me to no think of my disease of addiction. My only hope is that my insurance will pay for the brand name and the new generic is awful."

Iwantursocks (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 10, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I was addicted to opiates for many years. Like so many of us, we switched from pills to the hard stuff. Basically, I got tired of being broke, going to work sick and the chaos of chasing. I finally got into a Suboxone program almost six years ago. It saved my life, my family relationships, and finances. Eventually I know I would have lost my job. Anyway, thanks for reviews. I was tempted to try generic to save some money but after reading, glad I didn't. I asked my Dr to write "brand name medically necessary". It ups my copay, but that's okay. My Dr said if generic didn't work, she wouldn't write new script, would have to wait for next months appointment. Thanks for saving me a month of suffering."

Lil bit (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "The new generic buprenorphine and naloxone is horrible and they don't even work. I've been on Suboxone for almost 2 years with not one issue until now. These new Sandoz buprenorphine/naloxone strips need to be put back on the shelf, ever since they switched me too them I've been sick they don't even last 8 hrs where the other subs last over 24 hrs. I called my doctor and she is having me come in and get the other subs back. So if they offer these new ones do not take them because the are worthless I hope to never take them again. I can't believe they allow this garbage out for people. So please beware of the Sandoz Suboxone strips DO NOT TAKE THEM I'VE BEEN SICK EVER SINCE I STARTED THEM PURE TRASH AND THIS PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SUED FOR THESE FAKES....."

Pissed off (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I prefer the original suboxone film made by Reckitt bencki as they work great. Now they want us to try generic strips an they aren't as strong or as good. Dr Reddys isn't bad but the others suck. Suboxone saved my life, I just want what works. The new pill out is worse and people are relapsing because of this. You would think they would want what works. The original suboxone pill oxtagon looking an original film were the best. Please quit making generics that don't work. Most of us don't have money to pay so our insurance they make us take generic. At least copy the original form so it works."

Diamond (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Been clean 8 years but before this I was on Methadone for a few years and I had to quit 90 mg cold Turkey due to work. I was sick for 3 months but that was a was when I was 31. I messed up for a little while then the suboxone came into my life now 8 years later feel better than I ever had."

Mike Smith (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 7, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on suboxone for the last 12 years. At this point I don't feel like I'll ever get off of it. I started with the pills used them for many years. Then they switched me to the strips. Now I go in today to fill my script and to my surprise and horror they tell me my insurance will only pay for the new generic version. I'm so scared to try them. If they don't end up working I will be calling my doctor and my insurance company. Reading the reviews I'm very scared. I may have to pay for them. I sure hope it doesn't come to that. But if they don't work I'll have no choice but to pay for them. Suboxone has saved my life. And I trust and know that it works. This new version is so foreign to me."

GlitterQueen April 4, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I am 33 yrs old now & in April I'll be 4yrs clean of opiates (well done!) & I've been on suboxzone for lil over 4 yrs so I had a rocky start in the beginning that suboxzone wasn't the instant fix that my life needed but I kept taking my meds and seeing my doc and support group. And I was told to take it ‘1 Day At A Time’ and those days started staking up. I am so grateful for my sobriety and all the support I've had. I used to pray over n over for sobriety and I had no idea happiness was even on the table. I have self love now. I have my family back. I have found myself again. I went to Outpatient rehab facility for a few months I attended any meetings I went to my Suboxone support group bi monthly, I changed my phone number and I fought for my life like never before. I don't know if I'll ever be off suboxone but thats okay with me. I have an amazing doc thats been so flexible which made my sobriety achievable. I'm happy healthy & alive. Hope this helps"

Naynay March 23, 2019

"I started taking this after finding out that my insurance would cover it ($100 every 3 month)vs. bupophenphrine ($1300 a month). I was injured in home invasion and have tried many treatments to get relief. I was previously on dilauded and morphine. I have been using Suboxone for 3 years. I would like to stop taking pain meds but I am not sure if that is going to be possible . I have gradually reduced my dose over time in hopes of stopping all together. When I stopped for one day, I had the worst pain I have ever had in my life. I did have small withdrawals that were manageable - for example chills and nausea but the pain was intense. For now I am staying on a low dose until I can figure out what do do about my pain. It is much better than morphine which made me high and dialauded which made me sleep all day."

Janeballer (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I've been on subs two 8mg strips a day and been clean from a rough addiction that's lasted like 8 years so I made the choice to go on subs and it has worked good though lately after like 7-9 months on it I've been getting a sore tongue and my sex drive is super low I mean really low for a 28yr old newly engaged man and it does cost a lot so I'm thinking of switching to zubs. I think it will be better cuz I just feel like I'll need more subs cuz it hasn't been absorbing that well lately and I wanna get off this stuff before my wedding in a couple years any real advice would be great"

T91 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I took Suboxone for a period of 4 and 3 year periods. I found that at 8mg I felt the most normal in my entire life. I'm 40. I didn't have the urge to catch any kind of buzz at all. Like a normal person who's never used drugs before. The problem I had and ultimately drove me to stop was the second class treatment by doctors and pharmacists in accessing it. Constant piss testing and and segregated room to take it at pharmacy. They freely prescribe the opiates to damn near anyone but if you want the cure you're treated like an outcast. I don't know what's worse, the addiction related problems or this segregation treatment."

Mcfly March 3, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Hello everyone I have been on suboxone for 7 years I started out on the orange pill then was switched to the film , I also was put on subutex during my pregnancy but I've remained on the film for the last 4 years and now just today they have switched me to these white buprenorphine/naloxone generic pills I hope I feel just fine I work fulltime have 3 kids and can't afford the anxiety and stress that would come from a bad effect of them.But I am worried after reading the comments which say it is rubbish. Any info would be great"

Nikkims (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 26, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I had an expensive love for the high "Boy" made me feel for to long I just didn't want to give it up. It stopped when I was incarcerated for 10 months. I knew I was going to start again so I did for about one week and admitted myself in treatment so I could get suboxone 4 years ago and I am very pleased with myself, but now I am having problems with my breathing. I am not stable enough to stop taking the 8mg strips. I am searching for same affect but different medication. Has anyone experienced this with suboxone if so I'd like to hear from you."

Enigma February 12, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "This drug is less potent and we shouldn’t be selling an Indian made drug in America we should be using American products. I don’t want it. I tried them in fear of it being pushed on me and had to take twice as much to feel half the normal on regular subs."

Itsucks (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Suboxone had been phenomenal for me. I've tried methadone in the past, however I always ended up abusing other drugs while on it. Suboxone had completely quelled that desire. 6 months on Suboxone with no other illicit drug use! For me that's a miracle. I've been abusing prescription painkillers for 20 year's."

Mick1012 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I like reading people success from this amazing drug and I do agree all the way with most all comments except for using subs for just the withdrawal period. Reasons why it is 4 to 6 months is kinda needed to retrain the brain and your body and build a stronger foundation so relapse does not occur. Then ya done and do not have to be medicated. Happy for all that beat their demons and God bless"

Grayday (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "There are no words to describe how wonderful life is now. Opiate addiction is the most horrible thing I ever went through and my heart breaks for anyone who is going through it right now. Suboxone literally gave me my life back. Although it doesn’t solve everything instantly, it does take away the sickness from withdrawal as well as the craving for more opiates, so you can start rebuilding your life! That along with some therapy to work through my issues (mostly the intense guilt I had from the time I spent being addicted) was all it took for me to start rebuilding what I had lost. I urge anyone who is looking for some help to try this. It is quite expensive if you don’t have insurance, but the cost is nothing compared to the cost of buying drugs on the street, and besides that the cost is so worth getting rid of the anguish that my addiction caused me!"

Julieschaeffe (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Strips are great they work they last longer then most brands of suboxone, the Dr Reddy strips are horrible nothing like suboxone at all. They don't work, they taste nasty. The suboxone films should never be taking off market."

Mindy (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I literally just started this medication today. My doc prescribed it for me since he and I agreed that I had reached a point with my back pain where the opiates just weren't as helpful. Been on them 8 years. 200 mgs a day. I took my last pill yesterday at 3pm. I woke up and took my first tablet at 9:30 am. No withdrawal at all! None! I feel strange... a little warm and like everything is a bit surreal, but I am so grateful that the thought of a pain pill hasn't even entered my mind. It actually sounds repellent. I can't say yet how well it is for pain, but before I went on it, I really wanted to know what the BEGINNING would be like... and it's been easy! I am so happy. To be free of oxy for even almost 24 hours is amazing to me. I encourage anyone to try this who is stuck in the vicious circle of opiate dependance. I want my life back. I think this may be the way."

NoMoDopiates (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Got addicted to pain killers in early 20s. Now 28 and have been on Suboxone for about 7 years. There are positive and negative comments on here but I want to say a few truths I have experienced while on it: 1. Biggest thing... THIS REPLACES ADDICTION OF DEPENDENCE. This is a good thing. Instead of searching around for pills and whatnot you are on something constant that if taken regularly will serve to make you stable. 2. I have a very good and flexible doctor which has been critical to my success. One time I washed my prescription and he wrote me a replacement prescription. If I have to go out of state or something he will fill it a little early. He also says its up to patients to decide what works for them as far as when to start reducing amounts. My doctor being flexible and not having a ton of requirements has been critical. 3. It is expensive. My insurance covers 100% of the generic but that is okay because I prefer the taste and effect from the pill."

Matt November 29, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Saved my life! So grateful for this medicine"

Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018