User Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Suboxone Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone

"The new generic buprenorphine and naloxone is horrible and they don't even work. I've been on Suboxone for almost 2 years with not one issue until now. These new Sandoz buprenorphine/naloxone strips need to be put back on the shelf, ever since they switched me too them I've been sick they don't even last 8 hrs where the other subs last over 24 hrs. I called my doctor and she is having me come in and get the other subs back. So if they offer these new ones do not take them because the are worthless I hope to never take them again. I can't believe they allow this garbage out for people. So please beware of the Sandoz Suboxone strips DO NOT TAKE THEM I'VE BEEN SICK EVER SINCE I STARTED THEM PURE TRASH AND THIS PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SUED FOR THESE FAKES....."

Pissed off (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2019

"I prefer the original suboxone film made by Reckitt bencki as they work great. Now they want us to try generic strips an they aren't as strong or as good. Dr Reddys isn't bad but the others suck. Suboxone saved my life, I just want what works. The new pill out is worse and people are relapsing because of this. You would think they would want what works. The original suboxone pill oxtagon looking an original film were the best. Please quit making generics that don't work. Most of us don't have money to pay so our insurance they make us take generic. At least copy the original form so it works."

Diamond (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2019

"Been clean 8 years but before this I was on Methadone for a few years and I had to quit 90 mg cold Turkey due to work. I was sick for 3 months but that was a was when I was 31. I messed up for a little while then the suboxone came into my life now 8 years later feel better than I ever had."

Mike Smith (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 7, 2019

"I have been on suboxone for the last 12 years. At this point I don't feel like I'll ever get off of it. I started with the pills used them for many years. Then they switched me to the strips. Now I go in today to fill my script and to my surprise and horror they tell me my insurance will only pay for the new generic version. I'm so scared to try them. If they don't end up working I will be calling my doctor and my insurance company. Reading the reviews I'm very scared. I may have to pay for them. I sure hope it doesn't come to that. But if they don't work I'll have no choice but to pay for them. Suboxone has saved my life. And I trust and know that it works. This new version is so foreign to me."

GlitterQueen April 4, 2019

"I am 33 yrs old now & in April I'll be 4yrs clean of opiates (well done!) & I've been on suboxzone for lil over 4 yrs so I had a rocky start in the beginning that suboxzone wasn't the instant fix that my life needed but I kept taking my meds and seeing my doc and support group. And I was told to take it ‘1 Day At A Time’ and those days started staking up. I am so grateful for my sobriety and all the support I've had. I used to pray over n over for sobriety and I had no idea happiness was even on the table. I have self love now. I have my family back. I have found myself again. I went to Outpatient rehab facility for a few months I attended any meetings I went to my Suboxone support group bi monthly, I changed my phone number and I fought for my life like never before. I don't know if I'll ever be off suboxone but thats okay with me. I have an amazing doc thats been so flexible which made my sobriety achievable. I'm happy healthy & alive. Hope this helps"

Naynay March 23, 2019

"I've been on subs two 8mg strips a day and been clean from a rough addiction that's lasted like 8 years so I made the choice to go on subs and it has worked good though lately after like 7-9 months on it I've been getting a sore tongue and my sex drive is super low I mean really low for a 28yr old newly engaged man and it does cost a lot so I'm thinking of switching to zubs. I think it will be better cuz I just feel like I'll need more subs cuz it hasn't been absorbing that well lately and I wanna get off this stuff before my wedding in a couple years any real advice would be great"

T91 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2019

"I took Suboxone for a period of 4 and 3 year periods. I found that at 8mg I felt the most normal in my entire life. I'm 40. I didn't have the urge to catch any kind of buzz at all. Like a normal person who's never used drugs before. The problem I had and ultimately drove me to stop was the second class treatment by doctors and pharmacists in accessing it. Constant piss testing and and segregated room to take it at pharmacy. They freely prescribe the opiates to damn near anyone but if you want the cure you're treated like an outcast. I don't know what's worse, the addiction related problems or this segregation treatment."

Mcfly March 3, 2019

"Hello everyone I have been on suboxone for 7 years I started out on the orange pill then was switched to the film , I also was put on subutex during my pregnancy but I've remained on the film for the last 4 years and now just today they have switched me to these white buprenorphine/naloxone generic pills I hope I feel just fine I work fulltime have 3 kids and can't afford the anxiety and stress that would come from a bad effect of them.But I am worried after reading the comments which say it is rubbish. Any info would be great"

Nikkims (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 26, 2019

"I had an expensive love for the high "Boy" made me feel for to long I just didn't want to give it up. It stopped when I was incarcerated for 10 months. I knew I was going to start again so I did for about one week and admitted myself in treatment so I could get suboxone 4 years ago and I am very pleased with myself, but now I am having problems with my breathing. I am not stable enough to stop taking the 8mg strips. I am searching for same affect but different medication. Has anyone experienced this with suboxone if so I'd like to hear from you."

Enigma February 12, 2019

"This drug is less potent and we shouldn’t be selling an Indian made drug in America we should be using American products. I don’t want it. I tried them in fear of it being pushed on me and had to take twice as much to feel half the normal on regular subs."

Itsucks (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2019

"Suboxone had been phenomenal for me. I've tried methadone in the past, however I always ended up abusing other drugs while on it. Suboxone had completely quelled that desire. 6 months on Suboxone with no other illicit drug use! For me that's a miracle. I've been abusing prescription painkillers for 20 year's."

Mick1012 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2019

"I like reading people success from this amazing drug and I do agree all the way with most all comments except for using subs for just the withdrawal period. Reasons why it is 4 to 6 months is kinda needed to retrain the brain and your body and build a stronger foundation so relapse does not occur. Then ya done and do not have to be medicated. Happy for all that beat their demons and God bless"

Grayday (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2019

"There are no words to describe how wonderful life is now. Opiate addiction is the most horrible thing I ever went through and my heart breaks for anyone who is going through it right now. Suboxone literally gave me my life back. Although it doesn’t solve everything instantly, it does take away the sickness from withdrawal as well as the craving for more opiates, so you can start rebuilding your life! That along with some therapy to work through my issues (mostly the intense guilt I had from the time I spent being addicted) was all it took for me to start rebuilding what I had lost. I urge anyone who is looking for some help to try this. It is quite expensive if you don’t have insurance, but the cost is nothing compared to the cost of buying drugs on the street, and besides that the cost is so worth getting rid of the anguish that my addiction caused me!"

Julieschaeffe (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2019

"Strips are great they work they last longer then most brands of suboxone, the Dr Reddy strips are horrible nothing like suboxone at all. They don't work, they taste nasty. The suboxone films should never be taking off market."

Mindy (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2019

"I literally just started this medication today. My doc prescribed it for me since he and I agreed that I had reached a point with my back pain where the opiates just weren't as helpful. Been on them 8 years. 200 mgs a day. I took my last pill yesterday at 3pm. I woke up and took my first tablet at 9:30 am. No withdrawal at all! None! I feel strange... a little warm and like everything is a bit surreal, but I am so grateful that the thought of a pain pill hasn't even entered my mind. It actually sounds repellent. I can't say yet how well it is for pain, but before I went on it, I really wanted to know what the BEGINNING would be like... and it's been easy! I am so happy. To be free of oxy for even almost 24 hours is amazing to me. I encourage anyone to try this who is stuck in the vicious circle of opiate dependance. I want my life back. I think this may be the way."

NoMoDopiates (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

"Got addicted to pain killers in early 20s. Now 28 and have been on Suboxone for about 7 years. There are positive and negative comments on here but I want to say a few truths I have experienced while on it: 1. Biggest thing... THIS REPLACES ADDICTION OF DEPENDENCE. This is a good thing. Instead of searching around for pills and whatnot you are on something constant that if taken regularly will serve to make you stable. 2. I have a very good and flexible doctor which has been critical to my success. One time I washed my prescription and he wrote me a replacement prescription. If I have to go out of state or something he will fill it a little early. He also says its up to patients to decide what works for them as far as when to start reducing amounts. My doctor being flexible and not having a ton of requirements has been critical. 3. It is expensive. My insurance covers 100% of the generic but that is okay because I prefer the taste and effect from the pill."

Matt November 29, 2018

"Saved my life! So grateful for this medicine"

Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

"Good. "

Rick (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

"I am and always will be in recovery from addiction to heroin, Xanax, meth, pain pills. I've also been addicted to and went to rehab for suboxone. I've been an addict since I'm 19 now 31, on and off suboxone programs. I absolutely hate suboxone and I'm currently on it. It makes me tired, lazy both physically and mentally, anxious more then usual. I was clean for 8 months in a halfway house and begged to get back on the program. I regret that after multiple detoxes off suboxone the most horrific detox that I still went back on n realistically as a crutch. I'm in addiction all over again but from a drug that's "made to help you get clean" well I'm not clean. I have to on a daily basis take a medication to "feel normal". People say it's better then shooting up why? People shoot up suboxone. It's better then pain pills why? This is prescribed just as pain pills are. I regret ever taking it longer then 2 weeks. You get sick from not taking it and it makes me feel horrible."

Nana November 11, 2018

"This medication was somewhat effective for me. I was maintained on 8 mg a day for 7 years. the critical issue for me and it was quite critical was the fact that it never ameliorated my cravings. This ultimately led to major compliance issues. Further, in my seventh year of taking this med I developed severe panic attacks which led to my discontinuation. Incidentally discontinuing this drug involved two weeks of inpatient detox followed by an additional 2 months of persistent withdrawal symptoms. Lastly, stopping this medication has wreaked havoc on my GI system as I have had IBS symptoms for the past three years."

naked lunch (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 9, 2018

"Honestly this med saved my life. I have been treated with traditional abstinence based recovery and have spent over 75,000 dollars on in patient and out patient treatment. I am now stable, I have my own place and am working two jobs. Just a warning that dependence does develop but it is worth it."

T rizzle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2018

"I was addicted to Oxy's and whatever else I could find for 11 yrs and moved to Az where I decided to get clean. I've been on Suboxone for 7 yrs now and doing great. Not once thought of doing another pain pill since I've been on it. I can say I moved and had a hard time finding another Dr to proscribe them to me and the withdrawals were as bad if not worse than when I had with the withdrawals of pain pills. I went 3 weeks moved back I couldn't take it anymore that was the worst 3 weeks of my life.. But they do help just don't ever suddenly quit them."

Arizona (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 26, 2018

"I have been on Suboxone for two years now it has saved my life! I know I’m dependent on it but I’d rather depend on something legal as to be in jail or running the streets! I take the generic tablets which are cheaperp because I don’t have insurance and they work great according to the manufacture! My favorite would be manufactured by Reckitt Benckiser the orange octagon pill with N8 logo, today I tried the Dr Reddys generic film strip and it has a horrible taste and seems less potent! I just wanted to give my opinion in case anyone was wanting to try the generic films! I wouldn’t change the tablet whatsoever! Doesn’t help me at all! Thanks for reading I hope I’ve helped someone today if needed."

SkywalkerGal (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2018

"This website crowds people into endorsing the product. I believe all of know suboxone will quell your withdrawals. Good luck finding a clinic that is accepting patients. Even though the field of providers was widened from just MD's being able to prescribe, few of the lesser included providers have opted to become certified to prescribe. There is still severely few DATA2000 (Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000) certified providers in the rural western US. Coincidentally this one of the hardest hit regions opiate crisis in the country."

JtAlmond August 28, 2018

"I've just started Suboxone a month ago and am afraid I may have to get off of it. It worked great for my withdrawal symptoms, but for some reason I started having panic attacks, for example it magnified my fear of heights I can't even watch a movie with high building because the fear is so overwhelming. I looked to see if this was a side effect but could find nothing. I don't know much about the withdrawal of Suboxone but I will cross that bridge when I get to it. But believe me when I say Suboxone can be a life saver. I was having so many side effects from the morphine and hydrocodone I was taking that I was slowly dying. I'm still going to give it a go and I hope I can get past the panic attacks side effects. That being said if I have to take Suboxone for the rest of my life just so I can live a happy normal life so be it. I just wish they would look into the panic attacks side effects more and see if they can find a solution. I hope it passes and I can stay on Suboxone"

John doe August 22, 2018