User Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Suboxone Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone

CallingBS · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 19, 2019

"I jusr want to take a moment to share my experience with buprenorphine with naloxone. I've been on subs for many years. I just switched to Dr Reddys & I see zero difference in them & the original as far as how well they work. Consistency is a tad different but thats it. I have to agree with the other person who said perhaps it is a perception thing. The lengths that these companies had to go to in order to even provide a generic at all. I can afford the originals but I will not buy them. Dr Reddys works perfectly fine, I was on the original for many years before switching. Don't let your mind mess with you. Just go on to these with an open mind. Good luck everyone!"

Dac July 6, 2019

"I and another family member are prescribed Sub strips by the same doctor. A couple months ago when we went to fill them, we noticed the packaging was different. The Pharmacy insisted it was the same drug but a generic version. We both have had side effects. 1. We have to take double the does. 2. We gave both had vision problems that are scary as heck. 3. I have been getting nausea. Now from my experience with companies such as SUN pharma,. Where I received a rash from their subutex, I attest that no matter what these companies tell you, they are screwing around with the formulations. I suggest if you are having side effects such as described. You ask your doctor to write on the script. " No Sandoz" .This will force your pharmacy to order another brand."

Earl June 27, 2019

"Suboxone is a crazy drug. I raced pro motocross and got introduced to pills because of being in the hospital a lot. Lol anyways I was taking around ten 30 mg percs a day for a little over a year. Well I got on suboxone from a doc. He told me I'd be on it for the rest of my life. (Don't do that) the transition to pills to suboxone was a breeze. Slept a lot for 3 days and then I felt like I had my life back. (Wrong) 4 years on suboxone. All I did was sleep those 4 years and couldn't keep any relationships. I was taking anywhere from 8-16mg of suboxone a day. I cold Turkeyed off 8-16mg of the strips because I was tired of sleeping all day. Luckily I am self employed because I would of lost my job. I'm on day 26 and am still having diarrhea, very little energy but I feel like I have my head back finally. Not saying there's no depression/anxiety but I already feel better in my mind. The first 3 weeks were the worst & still is. Suboxone should only be used for 2 weeks to get off pills."

James June 26, 2019

"This October will make SEVEN years that I have been on this drug. I have taken low doses of the drug but the majority of these years has be two 8-2mg a day. I can say it has definitely helped me get my life back! These 7 years have flashed before my eyes and I have to say I'm having long term side effects...at least I think I am. Back and joint pains. Cold like symptoms. Trouble urinating. Numb feelings as if I am not aware. Trouble remembering and concentrating. Could these symptoms be caused by other things? Maybe. I work a lot along with swing shifts so maybe not. My original goal going in to this was no longer than two years yet here it is 7 years. I guess I am just wondering where I go from here. Could staying on it even longer be better than going off it at this point? I am not sure. I see a lot of people are having problems with new generic strips. If it is okay with your doctor try going to CVS. They carry the generic tablets made by Roxane Laboratories!"

Buddha June 22, 2019

"I have a love/hate relationship with this drug. Subutex, Suboxone, Zubsolv I've been prescribed all of them. It most definitely works for heroin/opiate addiction. No question. Personally, the tablets have always worked much better for me. That's just my opinion . My issue is I've been on this medication for 13 of the last 15 years. I quit cold turkey twice, didn't wean down or anything. I do not suggest it!! As we see I'm back on it. I went one year off and then another six months or so. I just never felt the same. I'd rather withdrawal from heroin , at least it doesn't last 30 days (for my experiences both times the physical w/d was a month). Now I'd love to come off but I don't have it in me right now. I'm too role to keep paying $500+ dollars every month. Tell me, wtf do you do??"

Skeptical · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2019

"Looks to me like someone doesn't like the generic version and has used a dozen different screen names to complain about it. In reality they are exactly the same, in fact one of them is actually the name-brand drug itself just private labeled and sold as generic."

Casper · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 15, 2019

"Listen... All of you saying "oh it doesn't work!!". For me it works the EXACT same if not better. You have to remember that regulation guidelines require makers to use .2-/+.2 of the active ingredient in Suboxone"

Jlynn2019 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 7, 2019

"Well suboxone sure gave me my life back, however with that being said I've been on it 18 and half months, this is my second time coming off it , I feel ready. Problem is I was not told by anybody that runs the program that it is absolutely worse coming off then the drugs you were doing to begin with. The withdrawals are beyond horrible and after 2 and half weeks I was still sick. I just firmly believe as an addict going for help and the rest of us have a right to know all the information, instead I feel mislead, deceived and lied to, but I'll make it and so will all of you. Wish everybody best of luck.."

Justme June 2, 2019

"So I promised the last time when I got off these things I would do a review because I read all the reviews and it scared me! But the first time I was taking subprime for about 6 years so it took me a longer time to tapper but if you tapper slowly you will barely feel anything. You will be uncomfortable and not want to go hang out but you can still eat and things like that. NOTHING like coming off blues or anything that miserable no where near that awful. Only thing if you have something to help you sleep was the hardest only one day though. The next time (yes I’m a dumbass) I’ve been taking for about 6 months but only a quarter so it took me a month to taper and by doing that I was only feeling like rubbish for one day and it wasn’t even that bad. So as long as you taper and don’t come off when your taking a quarter or more you’ll be ok. It was mostly the anxiety about it all that kills you. You can do this! You got this!"

Steve · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 26, 2019

"Tried both Suboxone generics the Dr. Reddy and Sandoz generic Film. They both worked fine. Dr. Reddy’s seemed to have a different texture but still worked fine. Sandoz brand worked even better. Felt exactly like the Name Brand and the Film looks the same. Just found out Sandoz are Name Brand (Authorized Generic). They are manufactured by Indivior (makers of Name Brand Suboxone) then re-marketed by Sandoz. I noticed someone complained on here about the Sandoz Brand. I don’t understand how they didn’t work being they are EXACTLY the SAME as the Name Brand. Could this be psychological?"

Sasha83 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 22, 2019

"I have been on Suboxone 8mg strips for going on 2 yrs because of opiate addiction. The name brand has worked very well for me but now they came out with the generic brand of buprenorphine with naloxone and it's trash! I take two daily and since the switch I've noticed that not only it doesn't last long enough but I've been in itchy hives. These new generic brands are weak and make me super sleepy. I'm hoping my Dr will let my insurance know about the side effects I've been going through and covers the brand name."

J · Taken for 10 years or more May 11, 2019

"I have been on suboxone for 10 years . I know that’s a long time but I don’t think about opiates and can live my life . For the past three months I have felt terrible withdrawal , thoughts of using again (after 10 years of not one thought of using) and I almost gave in . Come to find out it’s all because I was getting the generic suboxone . Now that I’m back on the name brand , I’m fine . It’s terrible that big manufactures and pharmacy can legally do this and we, the small people, not only pay for these meds, but then feel terrible and even go into withdrawal. I wish I could find a platform to do something, but I’m a nobody and even if I found a platform it wouldn’t help . If I were a celebrity or government official maybe . All I know is I almost lost my sobriety due to the generic and had the worst 3 months of my life"

Iwantursocks · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 10, 2019

"Suboxone has allowed me to function and have a full life without attending countless meetings listening to people struggling everyday to be sober. Suboxone allows me to no think of my disease of addiction. My only hope is that my insurance will pay for the brand name and the new generic is awful."

Lil bit · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 17, 2019

"I was addicted to opiates for many years. Like so many of us, we switched from pills to the hard stuff. Basically, I got tired of being broke, going to work sick and the chaos of chasing. I finally got into a Suboxone program almost six years ago. It saved my life, my family relationships, and finances. Eventually I know I would have lost my job. Anyway, thanks for reviews. I was tempted to try generic to save some money but after reading, glad I didn't. I asked my Dr to write "brand name medically necessary". It ups my copay, but that's okay. My Dr said if generic didn't work, she wouldn't write new script, would have to wait for next months appointment. Thanks for saving me a month of suffering."

Pissed off · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2019

"The new generic buprenorphine and naloxone is horrible and they don't even work. I've been on Suboxone for almost 2 years with not one issue until now. These new Sandoz buprenorphine/naloxone strips need to be put back on the shelf, ever since they switched me too them I've been sick they don't even last 8 hrs where the other subs last over 24 hrs. I called my doctor and she is having me come in and get the other subs back. So if they offer these new ones do not take them because the are worthless I hope to never take them again. I can't believe they allow this garbage out for people. So please beware of the Sandoz Suboxone strips DO NOT TAKE THEM I'VE BEEN SICK EVER SINCE I STARTED THEM PURE TRASH AND THIS PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SUED FOR THESE FAKES....."

Diamond · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 11, 2019

"I prefer the original suboxone film made by Reckitt bencki as they work great. Now they want us to try generic strips an they aren't as strong or as good. Dr Reddys isn't bad but the others suck. Suboxone saved my life, I just want what works. The new pill out is worse and people are relapsing because of this. You would think they would want what works. The original suboxone pill oxtagon looking an original film were the best. Please quit making generics that don't work. Most of us don't have money to pay so our insurance they make us take generic. At least copy the original form so it works."

Mike Smith · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 7, 2019

"Been clean 8 years but before this I was on Methadone for a few years and I had to quit 90 mg cold Turkey due to work. I was sick for 3 months but that was a was when I was 31. I messed up for a little while then the suboxone came into my life now 8 years later feel better than I ever had."

GlitterQueen April 4, 2019

"I have been on suboxone for the last 12 years. At this point I don't feel like I'll ever get off of it. I started with the pills used them for many years. Then they switched me to the strips. Now I go in today to fill my script and to my surprise and horror they tell me my insurance will only pay for the new generic version. I'm so scared to try them. If they don't end up working I will be calling my doctor and my insurance company. Reading the reviews I'm very scared. I may have to pay for them. I sure hope it doesn't come to that. But if they don't work I'll have no choice but to pay for them. Suboxone has saved my life. And I trust and know that it works. This new version is so foreign to me."

Naynay March 23, 2019

"I am 33 yrs old now & in April I'll be 4yrs clean of opiates (well done!) & I've been on suboxzone for lil over 4 yrs so I had a rocky start in the beginning that suboxzone wasn't the instant fix that my life needed but I kept taking my meds and seeing my doc and support group. And I was told to take it ‘1 Day At A Time’ and those days started staking up. I am so grateful for my sobriety and all the support I've had. I used to pray over n over for sobriety and I had no idea happiness was even on the table. I have self love now. I have my family back. I have found myself again. I went to Outpatient rehab facility for a few months I attended any meetings I went to my Suboxone support group bi monthly, I changed my phone number and I fought for my life like never before. I don't know if I'll ever be off suboxone but thats okay with me. I have an amazing doc thats been so flexible which made my sobriety achievable. I'm happy healthy & alive. Hope this helps"

T91 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 5, 2019

"I've been on subs two 8mg strips a day and been clean from a rough addiction that's lasted like 8 years so I made the choice to go on subs and it has worked good though lately after like 7-9 months on it I've been getting a sore tongue and my sex drive is super low I mean really low for a 28yr old newly engaged man and it does cost a lot so I'm thinking of switching to zubs. I think it will be better cuz I just feel like I'll need more subs cuz it hasn't been absorbing that well lately and I wanna get off this stuff before my wedding in a couple years any real advice would be great"

Mcfly March 3, 2019

"I took Suboxone for a period of 4 and 3 year periods. I found that at 8mg I felt the most normal in my entire life. I'm 40. I didn't have the urge to catch any kind of buzz at all. Like a normal person who's never used drugs before. The problem I had and ultimately drove me to stop was the second class treatment by doctors and pharmacists in accessing it. Constant piss testing and and segregated room to take it at pharmacy. They freely prescribe the opiates to damn near anyone but if you want the cure you're treated like an outcast. I don't know what's worse, the addiction related problems or this segregation treatment."

Nikkims · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 26, 2019

"Hello everyone I have been on suboxone for 7 years I started out on the orange pill then was switched to the film , I also was put on subutex during my pregnancy but I've remained on the film for the last 4 years and now just today they have switched me to these white buprenorphine/naloxone generic pills I hope I feel just fine I work fulltime have 3 kids and can't afford the anxiety and stress that would come from a bad effect of them.But I am worried after reading the comments which say it is rubbish. Any info would be great"

Enigma February 12, 2019

"I had an expensive love for the high "Boy" made me feel for to long I just didn't want to give it up. It stopped when I was incarcerated for 10 months. I knew I was going to start again so I did for about one week and admitted myself in treatment so I could get suboxone 4 years ago and I am very pleased with myself, but now I am having problems with my breathing. I am not stable enough to stop taking the 8mg strips. I am searching for same affect but different medication. Has anyone experienced this with suboxone if so I'd like to hear from you."

Itsucks · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 9, 2019

"This drug is less potent and we shouldn’t be selling an Indian made drug in America we should be using American products. I don’t want it. I tried them in fear of it being pushed on me and had to take twice as much to feel half the normal on regular subs."

Mick1012 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 4, 2019

"Suboxone had been phenomenal for me. I've tried methadone in the past, however I always ended up abusing other drugs while on it. Suboxone had completely quelled that desire. 6 months on Suboxone with no other illicit drug use! For me that's a miracle. I've been abusing prescription painkillers for 20 year's."

Learn more about Opiate Dependence