User Reviews for Suboxone (Page 6)

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"I became addicted to Opiates when I started having chronic pain. I would do anything to get my pills for the day. I lost everything because of my addiction. No way did I believe there was anything out there that could not only help me while I was going through withdrawal, but also keep the cravings way when I was recovering. Suboxone and my Suboxone Dr. have saved my life. Not only do they help with cravings, but they also help my ongoing pain. I need to use the Suboxone pills rather than the film as I have dental problems and the films hurt my gums, but other than that I have had no side effects and I continue to use them today. I am 5 years sober."

Didie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 15, 2014

"I was an addict for 10 years and Suboxone saved my life period, and my families lives. Totally clean for over 3 years its a miracle. It's impossible to quit without it its easy to quit with it. I was as bad as it gets. If you are thinking of getting on Suboxone do it. Just do it life is so good when you are not forced to chase pills."

suboxonesaves February 5, 2014

"I've only taken the Suboxone for two days now, waiting for this "miracle" everyone is talking about to happen. Started 8mg yesterday after a month of trying the methadone treatment that made me feel awful. Withdrew appropriately as to not cause precipitated withdrawal, and was even worse yesterday than when I has tried cold turkey on my own. Deep depression. Today, 12mg. Still waiting to feel good, still waiting to not have cravings, still waiting to stop crying. I'm paid up for two weeks, this needs to be the answer. Everyone is saying they felt amazing the first day, doesn't anyone struggle the first few and then feel amazing? I don't want to hold my breath, but I really need this to be my answer too."

Whynotme80 February 4, 2014

"I started taking Suboxone about six years ago because I had a problem with Roxicodone and Vicodin. I highly recommend taking Suboxone if you are prone to taking opiate oriented narcotics. My life hasn't ever been in more control than it is now. I'm also attending a Suboxone support group."

Crews1975 February 3, 2014

"I find Suboxone to be the answer to my prayers. This medicine keeps me on the straight and narrow and am VERY proud of myself."

Eich February 2, 2014

"Man i was a slave to my back pain for so long because it was a constant reminder of my need for opiates, my constant craving. I finally did something for my self and sought help and was introduced to Suboxone. All i can really say is that after three days it feels like a miracle. I feel like i have a solution, a way out now... Great drug for people who are serious about changing their lives. one and only down side is constiation. Thanks Suboxone!"

Notsurewhattoput January 21, 2014

"I battled opiate addiction for 12 years. I finally found Suboxone, Thank GOD. It took 2.5 years and several relapse but eventually I got over it. I'm sure I couldn't have done it without Suboxone."

Normal Norman (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2013

"I'm 26 and have been addicted to Poppy tea for almost five years. Although I've only been on Suboxone for 3 weeks, I have to say it's really effective. I'm currently on 6mg and will be tapering to 4mg in a couple weeks time. Any cravings I previously had for tea are completely gone, and it even decreased my desire for other things like Alcohol and Tobacco (though I only smoke when I drink). "

Micky Blue Eyes (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2013

"After I became hopelessly addicted to morphine and hydromorph I found myself living in squalor, dropped out of university, and was on my way to eviction and homelessness. I had tried tapering down myself, going cold turkey at home and even a few detox facilities. Nothing would stick. And most of the time I couldn't make it past 48 hours until I'd crawl back to the pills again. I'm in my early twenties and didn't see myself living to 30, let alone getting back in school. Another addict suggested methadone and after a year on that I was switched to Suboxone. I feel like myself now. I'm back in university finishing my degree and forever grateful to Suboxone for saving me."

Soandso (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have just completed my Suboxone treatment, and after 9 days off them. I am starting to feel normal. Suboxone saved my life."

blazer1989 November 18, 2013

"I have been on Suboxone since 2005 (8 years). I started taking this medicine when I hit rock bottom. I was addicted to percocet, morphine and klonopan. I hated myself. My doctor suggested I take Suboxone. 8 years later, I am still on this medication. I have never relapsed while on Suboxone!!!!! I have a few side effects: dizzy, sweaty and tired. These effects are nothing compared to the way I was living my life addicted to opiates. I am truly thankful for Suboxone."

nikkibuggie (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2013

"I am a 30 yr old woman that has undergone approx 20 knee operations, including a total knee replacement and the other replacement is right around the corner, I have painkillers a try and low and behold I'm hooked, taking upto 25 a day, I have felt the deadliness of w/d and I'm terrified, I can't go cold as I have a family and very demanding job. I've heard of Suboxone and want to try but am so scared, I'm the goody in my family and no one has a clue what I'm doing, I have changed and I just want my life back, someone help me please!!"

Mrs. Lynnn November 10, 2013

"been on a heroin and other street drugs since i was 13,14 im 37 now and this is my first time at doing my turkey as they say or giving it up properly . this is my first afternoon on the medication i know its a bit early to jump in to things or get my hopes up yet but im actually feelin really good , im my nice normal happy self again where as normal id be wrapped up in bed clucking like usual till my next charge , i dont know how its translated from english to american but im on 16 mg a day and fingers crossed i,ll get some sleep tonight , wow , forgotten wat it actually feels like to sleep sober and actually enjoy lying in my bed :) il write back further in to the treatment ,thankyou and congrats to all its been helping x x x"

Trx (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2013

"Ok started Suboxone 2days ago no cravings at all for others I was taking 5-6 Norcos a day for 8 yrs . One day got up said I'm tired of depending on a pill to get me through the day . So started Suboxone. I'm happy as far as the craving goes but for some reason I'm having a hard time staying awake if I sit down I fall asleep my mind feel very scattered and I had a bad headache today . I hope this is just getting used to the meds . I am only on 2 mg so I don't think it's too much . Any comments would be appreciated . Thanks"

Southern mom (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2013

"A friend told me told me to cut the sheets into quarters. So I did. I forgot to mention in my last post that I am 29 now. Anyway, I have only take 2 quarters of a sheet today and I feel great. No withdrawals and no thoughts or wants for pain pills. I actually took 5 lortabs to work with me yesterday just in case the Suboxone did not work. I was very comfortable with flushing them down the toilet this morning. I am so thankful for Suboxone. Life is already 100% better and I am sure it will get better. The only side effect is that it was difficult to go to sleep last night. Suboxone is a life saver and I would recommend it to anybody."

Cross1234 October 31, 2013

"Has made dealing with opiate dependency more manageable."

mbd63 October 28, 2013

"I'm so grateful for getting control of my life after 13 years maybe more of opiate abuse! Only 2 days no urge whatsoever."

YOYO.E October 13, 2013

"I'd been taking eight or nine Norcos a day for almost a year when I started Suboxone two days ago. So, my habit wasn't as bad as many here, but it was bad enough that I knew the agony of withdrawal very well. To my surprise, Suboxone has not only erased my withdrawal symptoms almost entirely (with the exception of minor headaches here and there), but it's also helped with craving my old pills at all. But I think the best part has to be feeling my soul lighten again. I was depressed for months and months on those pills. They are, after all, a depressant. Since I started Suboxone yesterday morning I've felt like myself again. A gray pall of sadness has been lifted. Two things: it tastes dreadful and causes fatigue. Otherwise great!"

CelesteTalbert September 15, 2013

"I have been addicted to morphine since I was 16. I am 31 now, three years ago I got on Suboxone and never used again. This is a miracle. "

Tweenie (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2013

"I first started on Vicodin 9 years ago. Well, I eventually became a full blown addict on other things. Started Suboxone 5 days ago and finally feel life coming back in to this empty shell I called my body. Fell into withdrawal the first dose because I took it too soon but 5 days later and I'm feeling great. Sleeping has been a little difficult as well. It felt great to come home from work today and know that the money I made will be going to something that was slowly killing me. Thank you Suboxone."

gregee August 29, 2013

"I have been on Suboxone since January 14, 2013. I started on 16 mgs a day and now am down to 6 mgs a day. These strips have saved me life and the lives of a few of my friends. The only side effect I have on these is that I can't sleep if I take it too late in the morning. My insurance covers the cost except for a 25$ copay. 25$ is nothing compared to what I was spending a month. I have no cravings or pain and this allows me to live my life to the fullest and enjoy my beautiful children. This is a great way to come out of pain pill addiction and start your life over."

From-the-Rez (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2013

"I'm trying this medication for the first time, and I think it has been the most affective thing to stop my cravings, and the horrible withdrawal symptoms. Thank you for this medicine!"

Ashley8887 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2013

"I started doing painkillers about 9 years ago, started taking a hydrocodone every now and again recreationally and ended up taking 80mg of Oxycontin and 40mg Opana. Anyone can quit with Suboxone. Saved my life, miracle pill."

Mike Oxlong (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 30, 2013

"On 600mg oxycodone 120mg methadone daily for 3 yrs. Last two yrs 16 mg Suboxone a day. Feel great. Saved my life."

rjmonkey (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2013

"Unreal, changes life in a day. Has some side effects, insomnia for me, but only way to change quickly with minimal withdrawal. Becomes more mental (physical dependency is gone), I think can take a lot less than is recommended. Really it can be done with 24mg in my opinion. Was taking 5/6 30mg oxycodone, 80mg Oxycontin. Before using Suboxone I went down on the quantity of oxycodone, best argument for continuation is relapse prevention."

jetblu July 22, 2013