User Reviews for Suboxone (Page 6)

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"My pain, following 3 back surgeries and a badly arthritic knee, caused me to be taking increased amounts of opioids yet not relieving me of my pain enough so I could totally function. 4 days of being on Suboxone (8mg x 3 ) has given me the relief I have never had. Thank you!!"

Rosco99 May 17, 2014

"Seriously is a wonder medicine if you are truly ready to stop."

FLS7691 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2014

"I was a heroin addict for the past 5 years. I was in and out of detox 6-7 times. I never wanted to be on Suboxone outside of detox, because of the horror stories I had heard. This medication saved my life. I got clean on January 1 of this year (checked into detox, again, on Dec 31-- yes, New Years Eve). I decided this time to stay on the medication following discharge. It has completely changed my life. I am still clean, on a low dose and tapering off at a pace that's comfortable for me, I didn't sleep for maybe 2 weeks after returning home, but that was due to the fact that heroin used to put me to sleep. I am a mother to my son and daughter again thanks to Suboxone."

KrissyRyJPnGFam May 7, 2014

"Used pain medicines for 14 years (fentanyl 40 mcg and lortab 10mg). Excellent results after using Suboxone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2014

"To answer Whynotme's question and anyone else who is questioning Suboxone in your first few days of taking it... we are all different and our bodies react differently to certain things and at different times. So if you just started taking Suboxone and aren't feeling 100%, no worries, you soon will. The first few days for me were rough. First, I was violently vomiting because of the strength (I was addicted to 10mg Vicodins, about 3-5 per day for well over 5 yrs). So Suboxone was kinda strong for me. Second, I didn't feel fantastic right away but very soon after, I felt better than that. I got my life back, finishing up 2 yr degree, and feel great! Do it and get your life back!"

Do/It/N/Get/Ur/Life/Back!! (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2014

"Suboxone saved my life I reckon, I owe my life to it I surely do. "

MontanaMountainGuy April 4, 2014

"I am a 31 yr old executive professional... 6 yrs ago I was making great money and partying all the time. 65 Norcos a day by my 3rd year, I found a Suboxone doctor (pretty tough to find in my area three yrs ago) and began taking it. The best day of my life was finding Suboxone. I've been on Suboxone 3 yrs but now I've begun tapering and within a year I should be off completely. Find a doctor and change your life today."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2014

"I just started this a few days ago. I'm an executive professional, rose in corporate ranks, made great money, and enjoyed a ridiculous life. After being way over-prescribed oxycodonne after a relatively minor injury in my mid 30's, fast forward 3yrs and my arrogance in thinking I could control this along with everything else made me blind to a growing addiction that was anything but controlled. I was able to keep my girlfriend, my kids, my job, and still provide them with a decent home. So, I consider myself very lucky to be on the verge of bankruptcy as many have lost much more. I say this to let anyone know who is considering Suboxone, but too ashamed or worried, to DO IT TODAY. It truly works."

Kerouac72 March 8, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was addicted to pain killers for about 8 years. I tried cold turkey and outpatient treatment. That worked for a while but I found myself right back. I heard about Suboxone. I found a Dr. (I had no insurance) and made an appointment. I won't lie to you, it isn't easy. You have to go cold turkey for at least 24 hours before you take the medicines, and then you feel a lot better. After a week or so I felt great! With this medicine I got my life back. It saved me. I was on it for about a year and half. One warning when you do finally come off Suboxone.. It's hard it's about a month withdrawal. Totally worth it in my opinion."

Giveittimetoseethemiracle March 3, 2014

"Currently on 28mg of Suboxone a day which is keeping the cravings at bay and my general mood is better/ more stable. This medicine has changed my life. Not looking forward to when the time comes that I have to get off it but I don't think that will be for years so just concentrating on the here and now."

Ffrenchstar February 26, 2014

"I am 39 years old and I was addicted to pain medication for almost 20 years. I have chronic back pain and I was prescribed everything from 80 mgs of Oxycontin, 40 mgs of Opana, 30 mgs of Oxycodone, to 150 micrograms of Fentanyl. I would go to the hospital for IV Dilaudid. I was a mess. No matter how many pills I was prescribed I never ever made them last so I would spend tons of money buying them on the street. I finally had enough and now I am taking 16mg of Suboxone a day and I feel great! Today I am 6 months sober."

Amdawn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Been on Suboxone for 4 days now. I don't feel great but the cravings are gone."

ocean661 (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2014

"I became addicted to Opiates when I started having chronic pain. I would do anything to get my pills for the day. I lost everything because of my addiction. No way did I believe there was anything out there that could not only help me while I was going through withdrawal, but also keep the cravings way when I was recovering. Suboxone and my Suboxone Dr. have saved my life. Not only do they help with cravings, but they also help my ongoing pain. I need to use the Suboxone pills rather than the film as I have dental problems and the films hurt my gums, but other than that I have had no side effects and I continue to use them today. I am 5 years sober."

Didie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 15, 2014

"I was an addict for 10 years and Suboxone saved my life period, and my families lives. Totally clean for over 3 years its a miracle. It's impossible to quit without it its easy to quit with it. I was as bad as it gets. If you are thinking of getting on Suboxone do it. Just do it life is so good when you are not forced to chase pills."

suboxonesaves February 5, 2014

"I've only taken the Suboxone for two days now, waiting for this "miracle" everyone is talking about to happen. Started 8mg yesterday after a month of trying the methadone treatment that made me feel awful. Withdrew appropriately as to not cause precipitated withdrawal, and was even worse yesterday than when I has tried cold turkey on my own. Deep depression. Today, 12mg. Still waiting to feel good, still waiting to not have cravings, still waiting to stop crying. I'm paid up for two weeks, this needs to be the answer. Everyone is saying they felt amazing the first day, doesn't anyone struggle the first few and then feel amazing? I don't want to hold my breath, but I really need this to be my answer too."

Whynotme80 February 4, 2014

"I started taking Suboxone about six years ago because I had a problem with Roxicodone and Vicodin. I highly recommend taking Suboxone if you are prone to taking opiate oriented narcotics. My life hasn't ever been in more control than it is now. I'm also attending a Suboxone support group."

Crews1975 February 3, 2014

"I find Suboxone to be the answer to my prayers. This medicine keeps me on the straight and narrow and am VERY proud of myself."

Eich February 2, 2014

"Man i was a slave to my back pain for so long because it was a constant reminder of my need for opiates, my constant craving. I finally did something for my self and sought help and was introduced to Suboxone. All i can really say is that after three days it feels like a miracle. I feel like i have a solution, a way out now... Great drug for people who are serious about changing their lives. one and only down side is constiation. Thanks Suboxone!"

Notsurewhattoput January 21, 2014

"I battled opiate addiction for 12 years. I finally found Suboxone, Thank GOD. It took 2.5 years and several relapse but eventually I got over it. I'm sure I couldn't have done it without Suboxone."

Normal Norman (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2013

"I'm 26 and have been addicted to Poppy tea for almost five years. Although I've only been on Suboxone for 3 weeks, I have to say it's really effective. I'm currently on 6mg and will be tapering to 4mg in a couple weeks time. Any cravings I previously had for tea are completely gone, and it even decreased my desire for other things like Alcohol and Tobacco (though I only smoke when I drink). "

Micky Blue Eyes (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2013

"After I became hopelessly addicted to morphine and hydromorph I found myself living in squalor, dropped out of university, and was on my way to eviction and homelessness. I had tried tapering down myself, going cold turkey at home and even a few detox facilities. Nothing would stick. And most of the time I couldn't make it past 48 hours until I'd crawl back to the pills again. I'm in my early twenties and didn't see myself living to 30, let alone getting back in school. Another addict suggested methadone and after a year on that I was switched to Suboxone. I feel like myself now. I'm back in university finishing my degree and forever grateful to Suboxone for saving me."

Soandso (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2013

"I have just completed my Suboxone treatment, and after 9 days off them. I am starting to feel normal. Suboxone saved my life."

blazer1989 November 18, 2013

"I have been on Suboxone since 2005 (8 years). I started taking this medicine when I hit rock bottom. I was addicted to percocet, morphine and klonopan. I hated myself. My doctor suggested I take Suboxone. 8 years later, I am still on this medication. I have never relapsed while on Suboxone!!!!! I have a few side effects: dizzy, sweaty and tired. These effects are nothing compared to the way I was living my life addicted to opiates. I am truly thankful for Suboxone."

nikkibuggie (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2013

"I am a 30 yr old woman that has undergone approx 20 knee operations, including a total knee replacement and the other replacement is right around the corner, I have painkillers a try and low and behold I'm hooked, taking upto 25 a day, I have felt the deadliness of w/d and I'm terrified, I can't go cold as I have a family and very demanding job. I've heard of Suboxone and want to try but am so scared, I'm the goody in my family and no one has a clue what I'm doing, I have changed and I just want my life back, someone help me please!!"

Mrs. Lynnn November 10, 2013

"been on a heroin and other street drugs since i was 13,14 im 37 now and this is my first time at doing my turkey as they say or giving it up properly . this is my first afternoon on the medication i know its a bit early to jump in to things or get my hopes up yet but im actually feelin really good , im my nice normal happy self again where as normal id be wrapped up in bed clucking like usual till my next charge , i dont know how its translated from english to american but im on 16 mg a day and fingers crossed i,ll get some sleep tonight , wow , forgotten wat it actually feels like to sleep sober and actually enjoy lying in my bed :) il write back further in to the treatment ,thankyou and congrats to all its been helping x x x"

Trx (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2013