User Reviews for Subutex

Chronic Pain

Summary of Subutex reviews 9.0 93 reviews

Reviews for Subutex

Lou August 6, 2019

For Chronic Pain "I am 65 yrs old been on pain medication for 40 plus years I have severe conveyed scoliosis , degenerative disc disease, multiple levels Of spondylosis , herniated L2-3 through L4-5 levels I have never abused my pain medication because I need it! I live in chronic pain so I take as prescribed, also like a normal old person I have arthritis and I have ulcerative colitis so I cannot take a lot NSAIDS. In addition tear in rotator cuff left shoulder. Now like always good people suffers for the bad !! The DEA has doctors paranoid to give the meds that truly help so they are pushing Subutex & Suboxone. I’ve tried Subutex for a couple months kept me from being sick as far as not having the meds but doesn’t help pain at all !! Everyone has different reactions to medicine.. therefore each patient should be screened by Dr .. the DEA do not have MD behind their name !! nor any other Medical Degree! They need focus on heroine fentanyl users / abusers not legit people in pain!!"

Anonymous July 14, 2019

For Chronic Pain "I have an entrapped nerve. Used the 5 mcg patches for ages with no side effects. Then skin reaction. Then tried Fentanyl patches. I HATE feeling high. Weaned myself to 1/6 of a 12.5 mcg patch. Tried butrans patch again because I liked it so much. Patches burned my skin even w Flonase. Taking 2 mg. Began Five days ago. Day one 2 tablets 12 hours apart. Day two 1 tablet after 17 hours. Day three 1 tablet after 18 hours. Day four 1 tablet after 23 hours. For me, I need to stay really hydrated. In the first 2-3 hours after taking, I perspire profusely. I also have a ton of anxiety, that subsides after about the 4th hour. Each day, I’ve gone longer between doses. I’m going to give it two weeks and see how I’m doing. I’ve had to use 1 or 2 mg of hydromorphone once a day in the first 10 hours for breakthrough pain. Once I get through the first part, I forget I’m taking it! Hope it continues to work. HATE feeling high."

Anonymous78183838 April 20, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I had been prescribed many prescriptions over my lifetime and never got addicted to any of them EXCEPT opiates. Doctors were giving me pain medicine for various things such as surgeries, prescribing me Percocet and hydrocodone. I got in a car accident and got put on a consistent amount of pain medicine every month and my tolerance shot through the roof within a very few short months. For 2 years I was on consistent every day hydrocodone treatment and my habit reached anywhere from 250mg hydrocodone to 400mg hydrocodone per day. I was scared to try subutex, not wanting to give up my addiction, and scared it would not work. The doc prescribed me 24mg a day and it is the best decision I’ve ever made. Absolutely no withdrawal. Absolutely zero bad side effects. Subutex is a miracle drug. If you’re reading this and you’re having trouble deciding on whether to get subutex ask your doctor to let you give it a try. It’s worth every penny. I have energy and everyday on it has been great!"

Idk · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 20, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "It is a lifesaver. However lately I have had trouble with the pill actually dissolving. My spit/Saliva has been very thick. If anyone has experienced this, let me know please"

Nunslaughter · Taken for 10 years or more February 22, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Hi guys, I been on subs for ten years now, was the only way to stop 16 years of addiction on heroin without relapsing but this drug is harder to get clean from compared to heroin. I tried for one week and was hell never never been in so much pain, my bones hurt so much felt like ants running in my blood the sweat the shivering no sleep at all. It is hell 10 times worst then heroin. If u start take subs take it only for a couple-weeks after that u can’t stop taking it. I’m reducing it now to 4 ml a day I want stop taking it as I been told the long taking of subs not good for your health. All the best for all"

Mungo · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2019

For Chronic Pain "Omg never been so ill , kicking my whole body jumping I’m an ex UK royal marine I’m not a wimp - my god not good ! I had been off fentanyl 150mcg for 72 hours was clucking I’m in agony I was shot in both knees then subutex. Made it worse ."

Ncstate August 18, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "It helped me to get clean and lead a productive life but I’ve been dependent on buprenorphine for twice as long as I was hooked on pain pills. I’m finally trying to come off of it after 6 long years and if I had known how hard it is to come off of it I would’ve never taken this route. I’m thankful that it helped me to lead a “normal” life but the withdrawals are so much more intense than opioids. If doctors would prescribe this medicine short term and at a low dosage it would be a perfect solution but typically they put you on the highest dose possible and suggest you stay on it for a long time. It’s really sad and it makes me angry that doctors prescribe this to people the way they do. If you need help getting off heroin or pain pills, I would recommend taking this medicine for a short time and it will work wonders! But any longer and you’ll just be trading one expensive addiction for another."

Notyouraverageaddict · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 19, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I had many surgeries in the past and of course became dependent on pain pills. Well I started on Suboxone then switched to Subutex. Now 8 yrs later I'm still clean from pain pills but completely dependent on Subutex. And like any addict I took a little too much and now I'm out until my next appointment (which isn't for another week). I am so scared because after 3 days without my meds full withdrawal kicks in. I'm scared to death and don't know what to do. My suggestion is if you can kick your drugs with out meds do it, otherwise you are just trading one addiction for another."

Synflower · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 19, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I have been addicted to heroin for 5 years and opioid pain pills for 26 years. Now since starting and continuing the Subutex now for a little over 6 month's I really feel like with the care I receive from my doctor, medicine, intake meetings, and my counsellor that I'm headed in the right direction for the first time in years. Thank you all for your comments as well because you all are one of the big factors to me starting Subutex in the first place. I can honestly say hey I know how y'all feel!!! God bless you all keep your heads held high cause you're worth it!!!!! Synflower"

Diesl · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 12, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Ive been on Subutex for about nine years and have been taking it for off label use for chronic pain. I'm kind of a split case because due to chronic pain and over prescribing pain medication, my new doctor at the time decided he wanted to try Subutex with me. This medicine has improved my quality of life beyond any other modality that I've tried. The only thing I will warn other people about is if you stay on the medicine for a long time and decide you want to stop taking it, it affects your brain chemistry so much that you may not recognize yourself. This happened to me and the lights just went out. I was sick for weeks but more than that I couldn't think straight and made terrible decisions. Not until I was placed back on my medication at a very low dose did I regain my sense of self. I think I may be on this medication forever."

Lou lou April 13, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I have tried suboxen and methadone but subutex is by far the best! It saved my life. I was addicted to H for about 10 years and I got a doctor to prescribe me subutex and watch me close. Along with weekly drug tests. And I have been the most clean ever on 10 years. I can walk with my head held high now. Feels real good to be normal again!"

Merlewood · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2018

"(From Gt.Btitain) Sübutex is (in my opinion) the best drug on the market for opioid addiction. In the past I have been prescribed both subutex and methadone to combat addiction, and found the withdrawal from subutex far more manageable than that of methadone, a factor that a lot of people take in to consideration when using meds of this sort. It (subutex) is however, open to abuse., whereas methadone isn't, the reason a lot of practitioners are wary of prescribing subutex, and will prescribe SUBOXONE as an alternative. I've had no problems using "subbys" and recommend them for anyone trying to kick an opioid addiction."

Your Name Here · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "I’m 34 years old and have had issues with opiates since I was 19. Stayed clean for 6 years after a long and painful withdrawal from methadone that left me feeling like rubbish for 6 months after acute withdrawal symptoms had ended. Relapsed 8 months ago and went to my intake appointment this morning 2 days into withdrawals from a 90-200+ mg per day morphine habit. Walked out of the clinic with 10 mg of subutex in my system feeling “normal” for the first time in months. I had forgotten what that feels like. A huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders. The relief is indescribable- not only from the physical and emotional pain of opiate withdrawal, but relief that I now have a future to look forward to. Miracle drug in my opinion."

pennytm · Taken for 10 years or more November 30, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Have had Fibromyalgia for 16 yrs. I started with the regular narcotics until I was building such a tolerance that I was on a roller coaster with pain relief and then the tolerance. Finally my doctor put me on subutex ( actually the generic ) and have had very good pain relief since 2007 with only one raise in dosage. I take 8mg three times a day without a high or loopy feeling. It even helps with that debilitating burning fatigue. I am so thankful that there is something out there that can give decent quality of life. I am out of my bed and can do somethings around the house with breaks. I can walk some for exercise. Fibromyalgia had me in bed most of the time. Of course, everyone is different and everyone responds differently to different drugs."

Razrbaks · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 15, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "So I have a pretty good dependency for pain killers, oxycodone 15mg to be exact. I was snorting about 120 to 210 mg's a day it varied from day to day. I have a buddy that had some subutex. I bought 8, 8mg pills from him and I've been slicing it in quarters and it has killed all withdrawal symptoms. I am using the subutex to come off of taking opiates since 2013. I haven't had any oxy in 4 days I think and have 4 subs left. I hope this works because I am sick of being a slave to oxy."

Kinsleyspop · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 16, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "I got out of jail in January 2015 for a probation violation for a failed drug test. I had been addicted to pain pills since I was 14 years old, and here 20 years later I was still addicted to opiates. I had been to rehab, was on 120mg of methadone for 4 years and got arrested for selling my take homes. So I went to jail cold turkey and almost died in jail, it took me almost a month to get over my withdrawals. So when I got out of jail, my girlfriend was on suboxone, and told me how much better she felt, so I figured what the hell, I had tried everything else. So I went to the doctor 2 years ago this month, and was put on 8mg Subutex twice a day. I now live a normal, happy life! This is truly a miracle drug, and it saved my life!"

420xyz · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2016

For Chronic Pain "Rather take than oxycodone"

Joe2323 November 24, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Self educate, self education, self educate. Learn eveything you can before starting suboxone, and make sure it's right for your situation. For people with large dose dependence it is a great tool, for people with small dose under 60-80mg oxycodone I do not recommend it, thats like killing an ant with a sledge hammer. It takes my cravings and withdrawal symptoms completely away, my use was about 150mg ocycodone a day. Yes it does have a pretty nasty withdrawal itself when stopped. It's less intense but last far longer then oxy withdrawals. Low and slow is the name of the game. Take your time on reducing dosage and go as low as possible. I was down to .0325 of a milligram when I jumped. I had low energy for about 8 weeks after stopping."

JJ661 August 12, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "4mg every day wipes away damn near all my withdrawal symptoms and allows me to be comfortable and live a much better life than I would without the subs. Great stuff. Recommend anyone that is stuck on opiates (heroin, oxy, shit even methadone) to give buprenorphine a chance."

LoverOfLife May 5, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I had a $1,000 dollar a month heroin habit. 3 days into withdrawal I went to a Methadone clinic. Was on Methadone, 150 mg's for 6 months before I started a 5 month taper to jump to Subutex. While Methadone kept me clean, it really slowed me down, I just kept going up & up in mg's. The taper off Methadone was brutal. Was induced onto Sub last October. The first 3 weeks on 16 mg's of Subs I had a lot of speedy side FX, feeling really wired, insomnia, I was nervous it wouldn't go away bc I *hate* being anxious, feeling fast. Third week in the side FX just stopped. I could sleep, I was normal. I'm on 24 mg's Sub, I had a big H habit, I feel 100% normal. I do not crave junk. It saved my life. Been off H since Dec 2014. I love life! Miracle med!%u2661"

Lisa Kittrell · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "I truly believe this drug is a miracle drug. I had been on high doses of oxycodone, methadone, oxycontin 80 mg, and opana 30 ER for about 14 years and when I tried to stop on my own the w/d's were so bad that it was impossible for me. I was put on subutex for 2 months (my choice for discontinuing) 8 mg a day. I weaned myself off within two months and I did experience very slight w/d's, but nothing I couldn't deal with for about 2 weeks. Mainly I believe that I just didn't know how to live drug free so my emotions were like a roller coaster for a couple weeks. Pushing through though is the key because your mind will tell you this will never end, but it does and pretty quick if you stay committed and stay away from bad choices."

bryantslife March 15, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Subutex took me off the street and helped me to be able to manage my life and het on the right path, just wondering if anyone else has had ankle/feet swelling since starting it? Thanks yall and good luck!"

JD129 March 2, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Will it took me off the streets n allowed me to live a normal working man's life. I still don't use. Just have a good sub. My Doctor knows his shit. I feel the post about the teeth deterioration.. Been on 2 yrs. They got bad. Methadone was worse"

61yo youngster · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I took subutex after my breast cancer surgery along with a 800mg motrin, worked very well, pain level got to around a 2 on the pain scale. I'm presently on it now, I have 3 crushed l vertebrae along with CA.,I'm comfortable. I only wish this had been around 30 years ago. Thanks"

lilly77 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 26, 2016

For Opiate Dependence "Hi.i was addicted to heroin for 9 years.a year ago decide I had enough so started off with methadone. Slowly I reduced it to 15ml daily and then started subtex.6mg fail. after only 4months I tempered down to 0.4. that is when they decided I was ready to stop and I happily agreed cos according to my doc such small does wouldn't effect me. The first day after taking last tablet I was ok. But the next day I started feeling awful. I went back and explained that I had withdrawal symptoms. They told me I could go back on script but have to wait 10 days to see a doc (ridiculous) So back on heroin to keep me going till then. Of course I'm only smoking really small amount. Worried tho after 10 days I'll need methadone again. Does anyone know if I can go straight back on subtex?"