User Reviews for Subutex

Learn more about Subutex.

Subutex Rating Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Subutex to treat Opiate Dependence

"4mg every day wipes away damn near all my withdrawal symptoms and allows me to be comfortable and live a much better life than I would without the subs. Great stuff. Recommend anyone that is stuck on opiates (heroin, oxy, shit even methadone) to give buprenorphine a chance."

JJ661 August 12, 2016

"I had a $1,000 dollar a month heroin habit. 3 days into withdrawal I went to a Methadone clinic. Was on Methadone, 150 mg's for 6 months before I started a 5 month taper to jump to Subutex. While Methadone kept me clean, it really slowed me down, I just kept going up & up in mg's. The taper off Methadone was brutal. Was induced onto Sub last October. The first 3 weeks on 16 mg's of Subs I had a lot of speedy side FX, feeling really wired, insomnia, I was nervous it wouldn't go away bc I *hate* being anxious, feeling fast. Third week in the side FX just stopped. I could sleep, I was normal. I'm on 24 mg's Sub, I had a big H habit, I feel 100% normal. I do not crave junk. It saved my life. Been off H since Dec 2014. I love life! Miracle med!%u2661"

LoverOfLife May 5, 2016

"I truly believe this drug is a miracle drug. I had been on high doses of oxycodone, methadone, oxycontin 80 mg, and opana 30 ER for about 14 years and when I tried to stop on my own the w/d's were so bad that it was impossible for me. I was put on subutex for 2 months (my choice for discontinuing) 8 mg a day. I weaned myself off within two months and I did experience very slight w/d's, but nothing I couldn't deal with for about 2 weeks. Mainly I believe that I just didn't know how to live drug free so my emotions were like a roller coaster for a couple weeks. Pushing through though is the key because your mind will tell you this will never end, but it does and pretty quick if you stay committed and stay away from bad choices."

Lisa Kittrell (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2016

"Subutex took me off the street and helped me to be able to manage my life and het on the right path, just wondering if anyone else has had ankle/feet swelling since starting it? Thanks yall and good luck!"

bryantslife March 15, 2016

"Will it took me off the streets n allowed me to live a normal working man's life. I still don't use. Just have a good sub. My Doctor knows his shit. I feel the post about the teeth deterioration.. Been on 2 yrs. They got bad. Methadone was worse"

JD129 March 2, 2016

"Hi.i was addicted to heroin for 9 years.a year ago decide I had enough so started off with methadone. Slowly I reduced it to 15ml daily and then started subtex.6mg fail. after only 4months I tempered down to 0.4. that is when they decided I was ready to stop and I happily agreed cos according to my doc such small does wouldn't effect me. The first day after taking last tablet I was ok. But the next day I started feeling awful. I went back and explained that I had withdrawal symptoms. They told me I could go back on script but have to wait 10 days to see a doc (ridiculous) So back on heroin to keep me going till then. Of course I'm only smoking really small amount. Worried tho after 10 days I'll need methadone again. Does anyone know if I can go straight back on subtex?"

lilly77 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2016

"I have been on 12 mls of methadone for over a year so I give subutex a go, the first day I had 4mg and felt ok, not great but better then I expected. Day 2: 6mg I feel rough as hell, I want to cry all the time and it feels like I'm crawling out of my skin. Day 3: still feel bad does anyone know how long this will last my keyworker keeps saying I should not be worried but I know how I feel bad"

calli23 August 26, 2015

"Saved my life. Over 5 yrs clean, followed Drs orders and it's been a Godsend, also: tdp12345, if you are not feeling supported and able to get off of it right now than stay on it, who says you have to ween off quickly? This medication has been very successful as a long term treatment option for addiction just like people with diabetes take their insulin. My opinion is the positives of this miracle drug outweigh the risks of what could happen if you let your cravings take you to drugs again. Do what "YOU" have to do for "YOU". Don't listen to what others think. Find a good doctor who cares and stay on a treatment that works for you. God Bless."

Savedmylife June 19, 2015

"It is a wonder drug for me it saved my life. It is so worth taking if you use as doctor tells you and finish the program. And must have the will to stop opiates."

god send June 14, 2015

"I've been on subutex for 5 years. I am now being tappered. I've been tappered 1 whole tablet in less then a month. I am trying my best to take care of my newborn and toddler. I have nobody at ALL that will help me with them so that I can come off. That's making me have panic attack, severe depression, and anxiety. Does anybody have any helpful advice."

tdp12345 March 6, 2015

"It has helped me out tremendous."

gbuchanan February 21, 2015

"I'm 26 and from Scotland and I was addicted to heroin. Luckily at the age of 17 I was told about Subutex by my councillor. I had been on a methadone prescription but was left without a chemist. So this left me back on heroin. I never liked methadone as it gave me a similar feeling of heroin the drowsiness, brain fog, bad memory, no appetite. My councilor put me on Subutex I was so gratefull she was so lovely about my situation not having a chemist she met me every day to give it at my home. Not sure if she was meant to do that but she showed belief in me. I started of at 16mg and I instantly stopped using. I've been clean for 9 years now. I receive 2mg suboxone & 4x 0.4mg Subutex daily. I hope to tapper off completely."

bridget0135 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 4, 2015

"I was addicted to Heroin for almost three years. I tried everything from Suboxone to methadone to tapering and even cold turkey but Subutex was the only thing that worked. Subutex has truly saved my life."

markimarki (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2015

"After 10 years of taking OXY-HYDROCODONE for pain for a condition that I still have and they still prescribe me this meds, but since I have been taking them for so long us the users taking them legally or not after a while our body gets immune to them that the dose that the doc says to take every 4-6 hrs it doesn't have the same effect anymore so what do we do we take more. So as the year was coming to an end I decided to start the new one opiate free so here I am I haven't taken any opiates this year and I feel good, different it's been so long that I forgot what a normal life feels like but to tell you the truth I feel awesome and it's all because I decided to take Subutex to end this once and for all and it's doing a good job...magic pill."

itzaloc (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2015

"Subutex saved my life hands down. I was an out of control opiate addict before I finally admitted my problem to my doctor. I was put on a Suboxone first, but had negative reactions to the naloxone in it (rashes and swelling). The Subutex was more effective too. I had to stop taking it cold turkey when I got pregnant and suffered some pretty rough withdrawals symptoms (nothing as bad as detoxing from oxycodone though). A few months ago I was diagnosed with a kidney stone and was prescribed opiates to treat the excruciating pain. I immediately started abusing them and found myself back in the clutches of addiction. I just got back on Subutex today. I'm so thankful for this medication. I know I can regain control of my life again!"

PastAddict (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 24, 2014

"This medication is God send. I have been an opiate addict for over 10 years. I have tried Methadone, Suboxone, being totally sober (which caused me to go insane as well as suicidal). I truly have hope for my future now and after about 14 years of searching to just feel "normal" I finally do. Within two weeks of getting my dosage correct my parents and friends could see a MAJOR difference in me, my attitude towards life, my appearance, my motivation and overall happiness."

SubutexSAVEDmyLIFE September 27, 2014

"After 5 years on pain pills, 4 years injecting heroin, 2 years clean then a month long relapse, I went on the methadone clinic for 7 years. I never felt right, I'd feel dopesick by 10 pm (12 hours after 300 mg dose of methadone) I gained 100 pounds, had profuse sweating. The methadone clinic I went to wouldn't give me take homes due to my other scripts. So NO VACATION, standing in line at the clinic on Christmas morning. It sucked! So I was telling my Dr. Who just so happened to have a Subutex clinic. I went through the horrifying detox but am grateful I did. I feel free from the daily run to get dope or methadone. I have a monthly prescription and it feels like a life time ago that I went through all that. I have my life back."

Kaylee74 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2014

"In 2010, what started as some needed relief for back pain, the FL Pill Mill took me for a ride which almost cost me my life. Being prescribed 120 30mg Oxy/month to 15 months later being at 240 30mg Oxy and 90 40mg Opana ER. The damage I caused my family in that brief period was substantial, but the damage I did to myself was enormous. One day, looking in the mirror, I was scared into reality. How had I gone from 276lbs to 204lbs in 9 months? At that precise moment, I called a Subutex Dr and 48hrs later, in withdrawals I started Subutex. What transpired over the next 9 months was nothing short of a rebirth. In Jan 2012, I took my last 0.75mg dose of Subutex and with it, I flushed 690mg of Oxy and 360mg of Opana, left over from the day I started Subutex!"

Stepaside11 March 17, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Day 5 off Subutex after a quick 2 week detox. Day 3 was the worst upset stomach, aching legs and the lack of sleep but that's about it, nothing to be scared about it's all cope able, hot baths and paracetamol. Just don't listen to the horror stories, if done correctly it's doable. Good luck."

Archie 19 (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2013

"If this medicine is used correctly it can save your life! I have been on the medicine about 2 years. Night and day from what I once was to what I am now! I used medicines (all of them) for 15 years. Now I have been medicine free for as long as I been on this medicine. I know it only treats opiate use but for whatever reason it has helped me through it all. This medicine has without a doubt saved my life. I went from never having anything to now new truck, nice house, and most importantly my kids have a life I always dreamed of. Just thought I should share."

Reddd August 19, 2013

158 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I`ve had an on off relationship with opiates for many years now, my addictive personality has completely taken over my life and I'm out of control since my mother died but I chose to get it back by taking Subutex. I get no euphoria, I get nothing except a feeling of normality, but now I'm extremely worried reading about others experiences of trying to get off of the medicine. I did a methadone program once and tapered off, I was free from opiates for many years until quite recently, my Doctor told me the Subutex would be better and easier to get off than Methadone. I hope this is the case, I've been on the Subutex for 3 months now. At first I took 24mg a day, now I take between 12 and 16mg a day, depending on how I feel."

Mickey1975w (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2013

"Prior to Subutex, I was taking Norco 80mg every 3 hours while awake. I eventually told my doc & he put me on Subutex 8mg 3 times a day. I had NO withdrawal symptoms when I switched. One day, done. I had been taking the Subutex for over a year with some annoying side effects.. sweating & restless sleeping. One day..on my own without my docs approval..I just stopped taking the Subutex & decided I was done..well a little over 24 hrs later I went through the roof! I realized this was a mistake. It was over the weekend so my husband ended up taking me to the emergency department to explain to the doctor. I then started A tapper schedule. All in all..it was really HARD to get off Subutex, the symptoms were horrible & lasted weeks."

Dutchgirl69 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Great treatment for addiction to opiates."

bougjen (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2013

"Been on oxy, roxy, morphine, etc., all for 19 years. Subutex works to help quit."

babyleg (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2013

"I've been blessed to find my Doctor. He offers much more than just one condition he could treat me with several issues on stopping my cycle of addiction. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2012