User Reviews for Zubsolv

Opiate Dependence

Summary of Zubsolv reviews 7.0 79 reviews

Reviews for Zubsolv

For Opiate Dependence "I have been taking Zubsolv for a few months now for opioid dependency. Two main side effects I have from taking this medication is that it makes me nauseous and tastes like metal. I absolutely hate taking this medication, it makes it hard for me to want to stay clean. And the Suboxone gives me an allergic reaction. Wish there was an easier way to get clean."

HuskyGirl3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Made the switch from suboxone to zubsolv and now after day 2 it’s very effective, I like the ease of taking it."

banjo72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "Our insurance only covered Zubsolv, so our first day was on Tuesday, and 4 days later and we feel AMAZING! BUT, make sure before taking this you are in moderate withdrawal or you WILL get horribly sick! We’re taking 5.7 in the morning and then half of that in the afternoon for now the dr said. My first time taking it, I didn’t take it right. Make sure you place it under your tongue, do not open your mouth or speak for 15mins, and DO NOT swallow during the 15mins.I also suffer from depression and anxiety super bad, and this is literally a miracle medication. Helps me stay clean, tastes great, and I feel how ‘normal’ people would feel.Depression is GONE, anxiety, I remain calm while on Zubs. I can’t believe we didn’t try this sooner. Get in a program, take these as prescribed, and I swear you will get your life back! I was never on suboxone to start with, so I really can’t compare the two. We have our lives back, and our marriage is great. Goodluck!!!"

Mmolkentine67 March 15, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "My wife and I are prescribed 2 /5.7 mg of Zubsolv a day. We were on Suboxone before her insurance wouldn't cover it anymore. So the only thing they would cover was Zubs. These work great for us. Most days we only take a 1/4 and feel just fine. I think Zubs are way better then Tex or Sub but our option. And we are real close to being done with them..But what your doctor won't tell you is that you can medicate under the doctors dose he gives.. They want you too come back for your money . They don't want ya to quit because you stop giving them money! But people with your spouses support and family you can get through it...Hang in there and we all can be clean...Much Love to all..and good luck:)"

Born in 81 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I switched to this medication after being on methadone 130mg for 10+ years. I had to drop the methadone down to 40mg for 5 days, then stop completely for 4 days before I could take zubsolv. I lost the weight I gained from methadone, got through the depressed feeling by using Lexapro. I'm now coming off zubsolv after 1 year of 5.7mg daily. It seems fairly easy so far, wish me luck!"

me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2019

"I've been using suboxone 8's for about 4 years now. Recently my insurance required me to switch to subsolv(5.7). With the exception of keeping the physical dependant withdrawals at bay this hasn't helped with the Intense chronic pain much at all. It's been just a week now and I'm not impressed. I had decided to continue trying through a full month to give it a fair trial, but I am pretty much already regretting it. I hurt and it's not doing the job. Maybe this is far more successful in the opioid repentance fight, but as help with my crazy intense chronic nerve pain it's not worth it. All I can say is no wonder it's so much less expensive. Not worth the switch for me."

Ladydeath (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "After using heroin for 15+ years. The problem I had with Suboxone was that it made me so sick. My doc switched me to Tex and this went away. When I moved to the south, no one would write them. The doc said to hold it under my tongue until dissolved, then spit out the saliva. Problem is, subs taste like crap and take 20 min to completely dissolve. A new doc told me about Zubsolv, saying it dissolves much quicker. I decided to try it and I’m happy I did! It dissolves in 5-10 min and tastes like mint. Cravings are near nonexistent and I don’t have side effects aside from some nausea if I swallow some. I think most of the negative reviews are psychosomatic. People don’t like change, and this medicine is newer and less known. It’s not a cheap generic! It’s actually more expensive than Suboxone. The dosing also upsets people. The 5.7 is the equivalent of an 8 mg sub and people just don’t believe that. Whatever, I’m a fan... and heroin free "

JayLandon January 25, 2019

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on Zubsolv for almost 5 years. I was just making a cup of tea, and an overwhelming sense of gratitude came over me. If it wasnt for this medication, I don't know where I would be. Or if I would even be alive."

Lulu (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 20, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I wanted to review because the negative comments I read beforehand actually made me uneasy about even trying this. I’m so glad it didn’t stop me from giving it a chance to work. I was on suboxone 8mg 2x day for 6 months before switching to Zubsolv. As I just mentioned, I was a nervous wreck, thinking the worst, after reading many comments from those who have switched from suboxone to Zubsolv. I had no choice but to give it a try. The first day, I woke up and felt a bit achy. Immediately I thought, “this isn’t going to work, the commenters are correct” - I still continued and I have to say - while it says dosages are different, I absolutely feel MUCH better on Zubsolv than I did suboxone. I feel much less of the “medicated” feeling and much more NORMAL and revitalized. For whatever reason, it doesn’t come with some of the side effects I felt with suboxone (and even the down, depressed feeling I had while on suboxone is gone)."

Thisgirllyss December 17, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I have been a heroin user for 10 plus years. I started on suboxone maintenance, and switched doctors when I found out my current one did not provide long term buprenorphine therapy. My new doctor switched me over to zubsolv, as it is recommended over suboxone for a long term maintenance program as it has a much higher biovalibility then suboxone - the results are incredible. I noticed an increase in energy almost instantly, as well as a HUGE reduction in cravings/thoughts/drug dreams. I take the 5.7 twice a day and am proud to say I have been clean with that dose for over a year now. I do not feel like I am gaining a tolerance, or that it’s not working as well as before (this was a major problem with suboxone in the past for me). I’m working, going to the gym 3x a week (1.5 mile walk there too!) taking full care of my toddler as well as household duties. I have never done this well in my life. I’m so grateful for this medication allowing me to live a normal, productive life."

Jenny (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 30, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I was an intravenous Heroin addict for 4 long years. After going in and out of detox and rehab facilities, and overdosing twice, I stumbled across Suboxone. My dealer had a couple weeks worth and asked me if I was interested. I bought all of them in place of my usual 2 grams of Heroin. I waited as long as I could before taking my first dose. After about 38 hours, and intense withdrawal symptoms, I placed the film under my tongue. Within about 15 min, the medication hit my bloodstream, and I literally felt like a magic fairy whispered away my addiction. I took the Suboxone for about two weeks and then found a doctor, who switched me to Zubsolv 11.4 mg. I’ve been sober now for a little over a year, and I couldn’t be happier. Zubsov is a miracle medication that literally saved my life! I have zero side effects from it. Thank you Zubsolv, for giving me my life back!!! xoxoxo"

Anna R. (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 17, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "It’s nice not to go look for painkillers- 7 years on Vicodin and it was out of hand - could not get enough and I could not function without it. Now I can lead a normal life with Zubsolv 1 a day - I can actually be me like I was when I was young. If you are afraid to stop - don’t be. This drug is here to help !!!!! Best thing ever for detox"

Shane (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I absolutely believe that this medication saved my life! The fact that I am able to fall asleep without lying awake for hours with racing thoughts is nothing short of a miracle. When I first get up I feel like looking forward to the day. I once again can function and not suffer from physical sickness!!"

DY October 20, 2018

"I switched from 2mg films (tried cutting 8mg into 1/4s). I'm HIGHLY allergic to aspartame and it took us months to figure out why I was having ulcers/swelling. Now I take Zubsolv 1.4 twice a day for pain. The only bad thing about this drug is that I get "wired." But if I take it at the same time each day, not only is my pain rated about a 2. I also avoid the headache and wired feeling. I do wish I could cut it in 1/4ths sometimes because I think I could take even less than I take and be fine. Oh, well. It's still an awesome alternative to pills! "

AFoxE October 4, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Recovering opiate addict that I got into while in college. Came back home to a world of pain but after treatment got started on suboxone. Went fairly well then insurance wanted us to switch to zubsolv. It’s pretty much the same but DO NOT try and go cold turkey off these meds. They will send you into the worst withdrawal of your life worse than oxy 80mg a day for months kind of stuff. They have really helped me get my life back and if you play by the rules and work the system you will get better. Trust the process and want to get better. We are all with you :)"

Jonkoch (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I don’t understand all the negative reviews on Zubsolv. I started on Suboxone and recently switched to Zubsolv with no problems. It works just as well as Suboxone and I haven’t had any side effects. If it’s the same medication I don’t see why so many people are having problems..."

OppFree77 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I hate this medicine so much. I was a heroin addict for 2 and a half years and I stopped by taking suboxone. I’ve been taking suboxone for about 7 months and it worked perfectly fine. But then I lost half my script and when I went to the doctor to figure out what to do, he said he would prescribe me Zubsolv for the remaining amount of time cause he said the pharmacy wouldn’t prescribe be suboxone again. Zubsolv has been making me feel like I’m wired, but not in a good way, giving me horrible headaches, nausea, and making my BP go up so high and I don’t know why it’s doing this. I still have a week to go taking it and this is literally pure torture."

Alicia (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I started taking suboxone twelve years ago( 2006) and initially I was prescribed four 8mg tablets a day (32mg) which in all honesty was too much. I had a nearly a 30 year heroin addiction and have the same war stories everyone else has with their addiction. I stayed on the suboxone up until three years ago when my insurance no longer covered them and was switched to Zubsolv pills. I started taking one 5.7 tab and then two 1.4 tablets a day. I once tried to wean myself off of the suboxone and did fairly good getting down to a 2mg piece. When I looked at how small a 2mg piece is I had the brilliant idea that since it was so small of a piece I could just stop, never been more wrong about anything in my life!! Now that I've been on the Zubsolv for three years, I've asked my PCP to start titrating off of them and have gotten down to just the one 5.7mg and one .70mg tablet and feel fine."

scorpio012 June 23, 2018

"I took suboxone for about 5 years. Then my insurance changed and I was switched to zubsolv. I ended up on it in a strange way for pain and PTSD symptoms. During the time I changed brands, I was starting to feel weak, usually emotional, low energy, which is not the type of guy I normally was..I assumed it was the zubsolv. I continued to struggle on it for years. Then I got a new GP when I moved and she looked at my meds and my complaints and ordered a testosterone test. It came back indicating I had the levels of an 80 year old man and I was 30. Getting off Zubsolv was pretty rough. Going through opioid withdrawal is hard enough, but feeling so weak and emotional on top of it. It took me quitting my job, and focusing completely on rebuilding myself mentally and physically for a year. Still, my quality of life during that time was so much better."

armchairpharmacist (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "This medicine saved my life I was on it for 2 years just finished 3 months ago, the withdraw was mild due to how I tapered off. My only issue with it was the withdrawal symptoms seem to last slightly longer then your standard pain pill type medication. But I would highly recommend just make sure you’re ready to commit to this medicine. Any one that’s taking this or suboxone needs to tapper properly or you’ll have a really bad time."

Doug (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on opiates for 17 years after a truck rear-ended me from a dead stop..I went to this pain doctor who is to help me get off the pain pills not to keep you on them. I started a few weeks ago, using zubsolv 5.7-12.1.4, I did my research on this drug and found it to be stronger than the subs..I must say how easy it is and was for me to adjust to them. It is a very clean drug treatment .I take three a day, still a little pain I do have, but to me this is a God send..for me this is not about getting a buzz, like I see so many do with the subs..first month, I am keeping a logged paper back book for me to write down my problems if I have any..."

mac666 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Please do not take this medicine with a SSRI else you may get serotonin syndrome. for example: Luvox CR"

He February 18, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I started out on Suboxone strips at 12 mg a day( 4mg three a day) yes the subs worked but I absolutely hated taking them. They take forever to dissolve and tasted awful. I would almost rather go through oxy W/D than have to take a Sub. So I struggled taking subs as they were prescribed so I kept using for the majority of the time I was prescribed simply bc I thought they were that disgusting, not saying they weren't effective when I did take them. Anyways, recently I switched insurance companies and they didn't cover Suboxone so I had to switch to ZUBSOLV......WOW wish I knew about this a long time ago! I actually almost enjoy taking Zubsolv (I take 1 5.7/1.4mg pill a day) It tastes like one of those wintergreen lifesavers and dissolves waaaay quicker than Suboxone. I am extremely grateful for this medication. ZUBSOLV is a game changer."

Mick1010 February 15, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I'm on Zubsolve for the first month. I was prescribed 5.7 mg 1 and a half times a day. I tried that dose, and almost went into full withdrawals. I've been taking 12 mg of Suboxone strips for a year now. And all of a sudden my insurance wanted me to switch. Today is day 22 and I've used all my meds. I left a message with my Doc and have not heard back yet. I wouldn't recommend this med to anyone. I'm in full withdrawal right now, and I'm going to a new doc on Friday. Please say no to it, I've been fine on 12 mg of suboxone until now!"

MsMark (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I have been suffering with opiate addiction my whole life having been to 9 different rehabs in 9 years. Always relapsed. I have been sober since starting zubsolv a year and a half ago. No cravings, no side effects. I hate that I have to take a pill every day (2x a day) but I have a life again. after reading these comments, it seems like the only people who hate zubsolv are the ones that started off with suboxen and switched to this. from my experience, suboxen withdrawals are just as bad as or worse than heroin withdrawals, so I would guess that suboxen is just stronger or has different chemical make up (that I personally wouldn't trust) and that zubsolv doesn't exactly match up with."

DTron (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 26, 2017