User Reviews for Zubsolv

Learn more about Zubsolv.

Zubsolv Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Zubsolv to treat Opiate Dependence

"I have been using oxy for over a year and half daily for the last 3 months. I knew I needed help to get off of these drugs, and so I went to seek help from a doctor. He prescribed me zubsolv ... and after 15 hours of being in withdrawal I took my first dose and went hard into precipitated withdrawal. The doctor was sure that enough time had passed using the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale (COWS method), but maybe I have a slow metabolism?!? It was terrible for the first 24 hours. However I am now finishing up my second day on the medication taking two pills a day and my withdrawal symptoms are gone. I still feel very achey in my joints and just have been lying in bed but this medication has really given me hope that I can stay strong and off of using. Give it a chance!"

Fardotop (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been on suboxone for several years, first for addiction to pain pills now for pain management, I was switched to zubslov for insurance reasons and I was in withdrawals in 3 hours, I don't understand why or how most of these ppl on here say it works for them but for me it has been awful ! Why do the drug and insurance companies have to mess with something that is working !!"

CF DEL (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I took Zubsolv 5.7mg (2/day, #60 tabs per month) and this is no where near the same dose as the strips, I'm sorry but I don't buy it. I never woke up in sweat from Suboxone strips like I do when I take Zubsolv (I need to take another half in the evenings because they don't last as long) and it certainly is a sucky drug. I have state funded health insurance (it doesn't cover many name brands) either and use their coupon but it is still SO expensive! $211 after the coupon for one box, or $496 for both boxes. If you need 3 boxes, forget it! My Suboxone film is $12 cheaper per box with their own coupon. I gave Zubsolv more than a shot, I put up with it for several months!"

zubsolvSux (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"The taste is DISGUSTING. I was on suboxone for years, now have to take this via my insurance. I now have chronic stomach pain and nausea and like others have said, it barely stays in your system. I feel sick every morning until I take it."

Anonymous January 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was on Suboxone for the past 5+ years, first on the original,orange, stop sign shaped pills(2years), then switched to the Suboxone Strips for the past 3&1/2 years, but recently had to change to Zubsolv, due to my insurance no longer covering any other form of buprenorphine, other than Zubsolv. At first, I was very nervous about it, since I was taking 24mg per day of the strips & the Zubsolv equivalent was only 17.1mg per day(3- 5.7/1.4mg Tablets). I decided to just keep an open mind & not get to caught up in the different mg totals, since Zubsolv is better absorbed. It took a few days to get used to, but I honestly can't tell any difference, other than taste "

Kris235 January 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Okay. my zubsolv experience so far has been good when I actually had the medication. At this very moment I am out and the pharmacies in my area NEVER have them in stock. I switched from suboxone to zubsolv because the state insurance stopped covering suboxone and started covering Zubsolv. Now, I don't mind this, but it's a bitch to get! They need to have their pharmacies carry it or else a lot of you are going to be sick over the weekend because they have to order it and they don't receive shipments during the weekend. I'm going through this right now and tomorrow is Christmas. I called every damn pharmacy and they all told me the same thing. Other than all the issues that come with trying to get my medicine, zubsolv works well for me"

Shaypoots December 25, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I started on Sub 1 1/2 ago. My addiction blew up after a cancer dx. Sub caused mouth sores. I should have never ever started on these medications! Once an addict always an addict! The wean process is pure hell! I feel like this must be what heroin addicts go through in jail. I hate myself for agreeing to this. Don't do it! It's so hard to get off. You think Vicodin is hard just wait. I was happy too when I first started. Soon the addict in you will take a couple more in a day. U can't be on it forever. The pain from weaning is no joke! U will abuse this & come up short I promise youI!!"

Bearcan1230 December 13, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I feel like Zubsolv puts you into withdrawal too fast and that's after splitting mine up to 4x a day even. Suboxone never did this I could go hours past my typical dosing time and not even realize the time had passed. It does taste better but personally I feel it is less effective. I miss suboxone I feel like the Zubsolv is making me irritable and I bet its because I'm withdrawing even though they claim this is the same dose as far as what's absorbed. if that's true then I wouldn't feel this way. I have to stay on it though because with the copay card you can Google and print off it is costing me $0 which is so much better than $186 a month!"

randomwomen (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have had GREAT success with Zubsolv! I started out on Suboxone Films, but the taste just got to be too much for me so my Doctor put me on Zubsolv instead. In my experience it is WAY better and I just celebrated my 1 year clean anniversary. I am CLEAN and enjoying life, please ask me any questions you have, if any, I would love to help!!! :)"

KaraKaye1818 December 9, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've used heroin for 2 years after one year it became a everyday thing I was so hooked and scared to stop using as the withdrawals were horrible - it made me so scared not to have heroin. Being so tired of wasting money and disappointing my family I got the courage to call a Dr I found from suboxone.com..he prescribed zubsolv After a week on zubsolv I woke up one morning feeling in such a good mood I felt like I didn't need anymore opiates in my life and have so much more goals in life now!! And I can actually see me progressing in life and having the good things it offers....DONT BE SCARED TT GET HELP JUST DO IT!"

Finnally back! (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I switched to Zubs after being on Subs for 3 months. They are so much better. I'm not sure if people understand the dosing though. It's not a lower dose than Suboxone. Zubsolv has a higher concentration therefore the 5.7/1.4 is equal to the 8/2. The two medications are identical except Zubs taste a lot better and dissolves faster. I, like most of us, was a very heavy user, and I don't start to feel withdrawal symptoms after taking my Zubs for at least 3 days. I didn't read through all the posts, but the few I did, the people were still using, so of course you're going to experience withdrawal faster...you're still using!!"

Cheeky72 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"1st day on Zubsolv. I have no history with Suboxone and I cant compare the two. For the last year, I was averaging 20 days of the month on 150MG of MD per day and 200MG of Hydro or Oxy for the other 10 days of the month. My source of MD went to clinic every two weeks so I always would be out of MD with 4 or 5 days remaining before this person went back to clinic. Sad but true and I accept that I am an idiot. Anyways, 24 days ago I just jumped CT. It was as bad as all you have read about MD. I was desperate and called a clinic and got on Zubsolv. Within 30 minutes all the anxiety, pain all over, lack of motivation etc. was fading. 1 hour later, I am like a different person. Based on 1 day, I am a fan."

OpiateIdiot (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"First I would like to state that I've read. the comments & reviews on zubsolv in this thread, and I have to say that I think the positive reviews are BS. I think the pharmaceutical company paid people to write the reviews. Zubsolv is horrible! 3 hours after taking my dose I go into full-blown withdrawal. I'm in a long-term treatment center and everyone who has switch from suboxone to zubsolv mirrors what I'm saying. No matter what is being said, the Buprenorphine in zubsolv is not the same as Suboxone. Zubsolv is great if you want to be in withdrawal all day. Thanks, but no thanks"

PAT R ICK (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"About 3 months ago I switched from Suboxone 8mg x2 a day to Zubsolv 5.7 x2 a day . At first I was worried that the lower mg per dose wouldn't work as well but I have to say it works great ! They taste of Suboxone always tastes like crap but I knew soon after taking it I'd be well so after a while I didn't think about it . Zubsolv on the other hand has a pleasant mint taste kinda like toothpaste. The major issue I had with Suboxone is constipation! Always had to take laxatives. On Zubsolv I can honestly say I haven't. been constipated at all Zero constipation, which has been one factor in feeling well over all. If I had to choose an over all favorite drug after looking at all the pros and cons , Zubsolv is at the top of the list.."

MusicMan44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was in a horrid motorcycle accident and ended up having to take almost 8 10mg Norco a day to feel good/normal. I went to a doctor who told me the Norcos were causing the pain now and I needed to get off. Skeptical but hopeful I tried the doc's plan. First 3 days I was on Subutex which I started as soon as my withdrawals started and it took 2 pills before my withdrawals stopped after about 10 minutes. I continued on that dose for 2 more days and then started Suboxone strips and after about 6 months my doc switched me to Zubsolv. I cut down Zubsolv, as tolerable, from 2 pills a day to a quarter pill then quit. 4 days later I think I'm feeling a lot better but I still need more time to normalize. Hope this helps!"

Mick3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Recently switched to Zubsolv 8.6 after 3 years on 12mg Suboxone strips. My doctor and I had discussed making the first move in the weaning process, and when my insurance no longer would pay for Suboxone but would pay on Zubsolv, this seemed like the most natural progression. It is reported that Zubsolv has greater bioavailability than Suboxone. For me it has thus far been a fairly smooth transition. I continue to have no cravings, nor have I experienced any W/D symptoms."

I'm the man! (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've been perscribed suboxone in the past & it always worked. Although I wasn't too happy when I started to feel physically reliant( & bc I was not forwarned by anyone). My new doctor wrote me a script for zubsolv. My sub dosage was 16mg daily (2 8mg strips). The first day on zubs was horrible I was in full withdrawal with no effect I even took double what was perscribed bc I thought it might be that & it was low to begin with ( just 2 5.7mg tabs per day) & with no prevail. I suffered for 3 straight days it did not work at all. Finally on day 3 I felt some relief but I'm sure it's just because I was through the worst of my detox. I would not recommend this to anyone for the sole reason it's not worth the risk. It could make you relapse."

Vangogh93 May 19, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I had been prescribed to suboxone for about 1 year. I heard about zubsolv at my doctors office and found out it was much cheaper than suboxone. My doctor wrote me a per scription for zubsolv( 5.7 ). I stayed on zubsolv for about 1 month. It tastes nasty but will dissolve in about 5 minutes. Zubsolv didn't even compare to suboxone, it actually made me feel horrible."

Risarae April 21, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I am on my second day of using zubsolv. When I got out of bed this morning (after having slept 7 solid hours!) I felt a little groggy but ready to start the day. No diarrhea , night swears, achy bones, or litharge . Unbelievable drug. I have tried detoxing half a dozen times. But got so deathly ill that I had to go get more opiates just to feel normal again. This addiction grabs a hold of u and reins your life in a very short period of time. My advice... Forget the home remedies , find yourself a good addictionologist, and start to live your life again . I'm not afraid to go to bed tonight, that in its self is a miracle."

My mommy did it (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"It is great for opiate addiction withdrawal. And to stay off opiates. You do not have withdrawal and do not feel the opiate high while taking. I took suboxone for 6 years and zubsolv for 2. I have been off all for just over 3 weeks and finally starting to feel normal. I do have to tell you it can get your life back together but at some point you will want to stop. Withdrawal is just as bad stopping zubsolv as opiates. The first 9 days for me were horrible. And I knew what I was in for. Not to discourage anyone. But hang in there it will get better. You may feel like time has stopped for a couple weeks but for what its worth you'll be free and clean."

Ag102 February 18, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been on zubsolv for just 2 days now and it is life changing. I have been taking 10mg Hydrocodone for a few years now at least 10x a day or more and I cannot believe how well this medication is working. When I would run out of Hydrocodone I would take things like morphine, hydromorphone because I was so sacred of getting withdrawals which only made things worse Obviously. Although I have never tried sub's or any other detox for that matter I am absolutely shocked at how great I feel. I cannot believe I was so afraid for so long to stop using the painkillers out of fear of the withdrawal. I would recommend zubsolv to ANYBODY wanting to stop opiates to try this route. I feel clear minded, energized and no need to reach for my pills."

SB15011 (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"10 times better than suboxone!"

Jenna35899 January 23, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I switched from sub's to zubsolv due to my insurance co would no longer pay for suboxone. I pay 0 dollars with my ins plan for zubs compared to almost 100 bucks for sub's (big favor on my part). The zubsolvs not only dissolve easier but taste better. My dose is 5.7 -1.4mgs & I've actually tapered down from 2.5 pills per day to currently 1.5 which is great. Zubsolv = A lifesaver for me"

mzann (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2015

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I took a Zubsolv in the doctors office. I was feeling so sick from no Heroin. In 20 minutes I felt Great ! I was calm, not shaking, not sweating, nothing. This is a miracle drug. I pray that anyone who needs it can get it somehow!"

Pushkin September 14, 2015

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I'll be 100% real. Zubsolv is terrible. They claim that Zubs and subs are the same strength, however not true. When coming off/withdrawing SWIM can usually take a half to 3/4 8mg strip of subs (possibly a full strip if SWIM relapse is bad enough) and then they will feel fine. However they recently tried ZUBSOLV with the directions of only needing to take one ever so and so hours. After waiting the correct amount of time SWIM took the Zubsolv as instructed and soon after the withdraws came. After waiting an hour and a half the withdrawals had emerged with full on sweats, vomiting, etcetera so they took a second one and after about another hour the vomiting had stopped yet cold sweats and shaking were still present it wasn't until after a 3rd Zub was taking that my friend was even able to take a deep breath and finally sit up straight and not have to be in the restroom. And yet still had sleepless nights, finally went back to subs and after a half of one had no complaints. So if your thinking about switching don't. The taste may be better but wow who cares what it tastes like, it's about being able to function without withdrawals and without cravings. So all in all don't waste your time, your health, your money, and your sanity on ZUBSOLV."

Jamestown (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2015