User Reviews for Zubsolv

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Zubsolv.

Zubsolv Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Zubsolv to treat Opiate Dependence

"I finally checked myself into a clinic after 5 years. I have chronic pain issues, but I just couldn't take it anymore, I had to be off of the 75-90mg a day Percocet habit. My doctor prescribed the Zubsolv (15 free while we wait for my PA with my insurance). He said I could take the meds at 12hrs but I was so afraid of precipitated withdrawals that I decided to wait 24hrs. My husband held my hand while I cried uncontrollably because of the shaking awful WD's I was in, and I have serious medication anxiety and I was so scared. As soon as I popped it under my tongue it began breaking down. The flavor was pleasant enough. Within just moments I felt like a new person. Highly recommend so far!!"

ShayBay7 (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I tried this before and it gave me headaches and got me restless and wore off in a few hours and was a horrible negative experience. Of course that wasn't true but if they were to get that P.A. back saying, if the patient just wants suboxone because that's all he's known and used and doesn't want to switch, 100% guarantee deny. They said unfortunately more times than not insurance companies deny these P.A. Requests, I was scared especially after reading so many comments on here about my same situation and it brings horrible! I prayed! The next day, Thursday, my Doctor called and said...... I WAS APPROVED!!! WOO! So guys, YOU CAN appeal an insurance decision to only trying to cover zubsolv and not suboxone like you're used to , it was easy and fast!"

READ COMMENTS! IMPORTANT! October 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was addicted to heroin in high doses for almost a year and was unsuccessfully trying to get clean the whole time, getting all the way through cold turkey detox and relapsing once I felt better and the cravings took hold. I'd taken suboxone in the past but only because it got me REALLY high and not as a maintenance med. After a week clean with immense cravings I started on Zubsolv maintenance and have had almost zero cravings since. I much prefer the taste and dissolve time to subs, however I do find that if I sleep in too long and don't take my morning dose on time I wake up very sick and start vomiting (extremely painful vomiting at that) until my dose kicks in after 30-60 minutes. I still highly recommend it, I have my life back!!"

Beatnholler (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hey guys! I wonder if the release dates of Zubsolv and Suboxone were reversed and Zubsolv came out 1st would all these stories be the same.I had been on pain pills since 2009, with severe neck and back pain from a oil tanker accident. Oct 2016 after all the pain clinics started closing and I got fed up with withdrawals. I started buying subutex, they weren't the greatest but I wasn't sick. Then I found another friend to buy strips from. I was talking 2-3 a day. In Feb 2017 I found a clinic and my insurance only covers Zubsolv. I felt 4 sure they wouldn't work. 1st couple months I kept using, Dr told me give 1 month clean and see. Well it's been 4, I feel great!! I'm on 8.6am and 5.7pm! Can hold my wifes script for oxy 15mg and NOT TOUCH THEM!"

CleanNhappy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on and off suboxone for years from taking pain pills for bad neck pain and headaches. I was doing great for a few months until my doctor prescribed me Zubsolv 2 months ago. I noticed immediately I felt withdrawal symptoms and shortly afterwards I stated having stomach problems. I gradually became deathly ill and have been in and out of the ER 3 times with all kinds of GI problems along with a feeling of gas pains all over from my feet, head to my hands. Bad headache, trouble breathing, blurred vision, cannot think clearly, depression and so on. I think there is something else in Zubsolv that is doing this as I have racked my brain with how this all started. I have episodes of delirium and feel like I'm not going to make it."

pianomann (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on suboxone strips which was working great for over a year then new insurance put me on zubsolv and the body aches started, constant yawning, then diarrhea. Feels like withdrawals all over again it is miserable and it hurting me at work always tired. Now I pay $650 for my suboxone a month out of my pocket cause insurance covers only some rubbish placebo. Do not recommend can put you back to square one."

Joe smoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had an extensive history with Pain meds. My whole fam literally has drug prob & is addicted to alcohol. I was sober 11yrs back in 2001. I was 21. Since I married, we had a child & moved cross country. When we moved I found out I had b ca. After being dx at 36, finding out I carry the gene, an 18 hr surgery to save my life, throw a PE 3 wks later my disease took over again. I was put on Zub over 2 yrs ago. I thought this is a life saver! Now day 15 into detox I have never in my life had w/d this bad! I'm 44, healthy now. I have awful restless leg, flat affect, emotional, Fever/chills.. all for 11 Days now! I have never in my life been in w/d for this long! You think it's saving u, your switching an addiction for another one! No lie"

Longboat (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was switched last week from suboxone to zubsolv and it's been a smooth transition for me. And I have read a comment that said all the positive people were paid to give a positive review that's not the case I am a real person and have not been paid to write a review by anyone. I am able to get up everyday take care of my house, husband and kids without any issues. As addict I honestly believe people are paying more attention to the lower doses and convincing themselves it's not going to work. If you think that way you will convince yourself! It's not bad, tastes better and is so much more affordable."

Doingmybest (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

"Works Like Magic!!!"

datcrazywhiteboi313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on methadone 100mgs/day for 12 yrs, & switched to Suboxone almost 3 yrs ago. I tapered down on the methadone to 40 mgs over 6 days, AMA before switching to 24mgs/day of Suboxone. My methadone clinic said I was going to regret not doing a slower taper, but I had HAD IT with methadone. I had maybe a few days where I didn't feel great, but it wasn't like full withdrawal. I just got switched to Zubzolv & honestly it works just as well as Suboxone. Reading what some people have written, I have to wonder what part of your experience with any medication comes from your expectations. I went off methadone with the point of view that most bad symptoms would be in my mind, so I stayed really positive & had no problem. Stay positive! ✌"

Mimesis June 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I got hooked on oxys and heroin in 2006. Been clean since 2009 after my dad passed and suboxone arrived in our area in orange stop sign form. I was so sick and that first 1/4 dose, I knew I'd found my miracle. I wouldn't have to use dope anymore. And so began a relationship with suboxone & working to get my life back. When something saves you from yourself, that becomes hard to separate from. Listen....I get it. I honestly do. But I can say that these Zubs work just as well. Give them a chance."

MichelleNY May 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed Zuboxone but my insurance covered Zubsolv instead. From the first time I felt tremors and told my Dr. He prescribed increasing the dosage and it got worse. It felt like I was trembling from my core along with anxiety. I just was switched to buprenorphine alone and can't believe how much improved I am. I wouldn't recommend Zubsolv."

zxcv985 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on methadone 40 mg for two years and dropping myself down to 5 mg it took 2 years to get to 5 mg then I went to zubsolv 5.7 . My first experience was it got me high , I mean real high , nose itching off and euphoria out the ass . I am still feeling weird 12 hours later and I've only took one pill all day . This stuff is strong , I've taken suboxone and never felt like this , it tasted horrible though and zubsolv tastes way better . I'm giving it a try , will likely break mine in two cause it's so damn strong . I don't like feeling like this all day . But I will say I haven't been in any pain or any withdrawal all day but feel drugged out and sleepy 12 hrs later . I think it's gonna work for me but I am going to break it in two ."

Plumber dude (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"2 yrs on generic suboxone tablets (Roxanne Labs or Amneal brands only decent generics). I've tried to tapper with my Doc once but mentally wasn't ready. Dosage was 16mg/day or 2x8mg/day. Found out My insurance copay is the same on Zubsolv (name brand) as Generic Suboxone. Strange I thought since Name brand Suboxone Films AND Bunavail are still PRE-AUTH ONLY. Now, bare with me. Films have been on market for years but Zubsolv is $10 overnight? Ok. It's been about 10 days since starting Zubsolv. 5.7mgX2/day. No way this is a competitor to Suboxone. I love the under 10min dissolving time AND toothpaste flavor. Wife asked if Ive been taking my medicine. Yep. Im irritable, short tempered, VERY Lerhargic ZUBSOLV ACTS AS A REALLY IS A DIFFERENT DRUG FOR ME"

Zuboxone (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am on day 3 of zubsolv and I'm still in precipitated withdrawal. I started on Sunday like the doctor told me too. I was on methadone for two years, my highest dose was 45mg. After doing the prove testing and telling them I wanted to switch to Suboxone because I know it works for me and it helped me get clean before, the doctor agreed to switch me, however my insurance doesn't cover suboxone because zubsolv won the bid for the insurance company. So with three days of taking this and basically being in withdrawal for the majority of those three days I can honestly say that I hate it. It wears off so fast, its like I'm ok for a few hours, but about 4 hours after I take it I'm in withdrawal. Its the worst withdrawal I've ever had."

Hayhay1028 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was taken off of Suboxone and put on Zubsolv and it was terrible. They tell you more of the medicine is absorbed so the actual mg is lower than Suboxone or Subutex. I was ok during the day but, by the time bed time rolled around, I felt the affects of the medicine wearing off. I even kept it in my mouth for 20 minutes. Still didn't last very long. I'm now taking Subutex and feel much better! Didn't work for me, may work for some!"

Mrs. Jacobs (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was addicted to pain meds after surgery at 20. Then I started doing heroin to stay out of W/D. 7 long years later on heroin I heard a news clip for Suboxone heading here from Europe. I jumped on the phone and got an appointment. It went great. I went through W/D for 72 hours dying all the way through. The doctor started with 1-8mg. Sub., then 2, then 3. Finally it worked for me (24mg.) I have been on Suboxone almost 17 happy years. One day my doctor wanted to switch me to Zubsolv cause he had 15 free sample script and wanted me to try it . At first it was amazing (11-4) 2x's a day, 4 hours later I was W/D. It's horrible for me. It does not work for everyone. I'm back on Subs and back to my life. Zubsolv can't compare to my Suboxone!"

Autumnwishes (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I hate this stuff. Once over withdrawals, may as well be off it. Still crave narcotics every day and if I was able to get vicodin, wouldn't be on this stuff. Now I'm fat, constipated, zero energy and miserable. About cry every day. Can't afford therapy and NA doesn't want anyone on this stuff since not considered clean."

baar123 April 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ok my wife has been on this zobsolv for over a week now. At first it seemed, to help her yesterday she woke up with a rash on her lower arms. She has gotten really depressed her anxiety has gone thru the roof she snaps back at the slightest things. It is not helping with her cravings, its seems the longer she takes it the further my wife becomes a different person she was doing pain pills. I'm starting to think it was better she stayed on the pain pills. Has anyone else heard of anything like this before I'm at a lost for words and idk what i need to do or what to do at this point other than start cutting her dosages down and ween her of this garbage......"

concerned hub (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on subs off an on for years my insurance recently made me switch to zubsolve and it SUCKS!! I feel like I'm in withdrawal most of the day it has some good effects it dissolves quicker and not as constipated but as far as being better than subs no way I feel like I'm constantly craving one all day almost and if u don't take it the same time everyday your sick as hell till u do...."

Josh h March 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My experience. Man I've used heroin since I was 16 years old. Finally found suboxone 7 years ago. Started at three 8 mg strips a day. I still used here and there. Two years ago I was put on zubsolv having weaned myself a lil over the years I was put on an 8.6 a day equal to a 12 and never used since being on it. I feel great, make 80 grand a year, have no side effects besides my teeth but now have implants. The world is an awesome place. Zubsolv saved me. I was still using 4 out of 7 days with the strips now I won't even answer my phone to old drug friends. It's a whole new life"

Happy in Granville (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking Suboxone for about 5 yrs, buying them from a friend. She tends to oversell her extras, and at least a few times per year, I end up in withdrawal when I run out. I finally went to a doctor to get my own script, but since my insurance doesn't cover Suboxone, he put me on Zubsolv. So far, I feel fine. My only issue is the pill form. I was taking 4mgs of Sub a day, half of a 8mg film. Now I'm taking half of a 5.7mg Zubsolv tablet, which means cutting the tab in half. I've accidentally crushed half, and had to scoop it up & get it under my tongue, which worries me, because I'm afraid I'm losing some of it this way. The taste is actually better, like a breath mint. I miss the strips, but I'm keeping an open mind!"

Niseybee March 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using oxy for over a year and half daily for the last 3 months. I knew I needed help to get off of these drugs, and so I went to seek help from a doctor. He prescribed me zubsolv ... and after 15 hours of being in withdrawal I took my first dose and went hard into precipitated withdrawal. The doctor was sure that enough time had passed using the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale (COWS method), but maybe I have a slow metabolism?!? It was terrible for the first 24 hours. However I am now finishing up my second day on the medication taking two pills a day and my withdrawal symptoms are gone. I still feel very achey in my joints and just have been lying in bed but this medication has really given me hope that I can stay strong and off of using. Give it a chance!"

Fardotop (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on suboxone for several years, first for addiction to pain pills now for pain management, I was switched to zubslov for insurance reasons and I was in withdrawals in 3 hours, I don't understand why or how most of these ppl on here say it works for them but for me it has been awful ! Why do the drug and insurance companies have to mess with something that is working !!"

CF DEL (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Zubsolv 5.7mg (2/day, #60 tabs per month) and this is no where near the same dose as the strips, I'm sorry but I don't buy it. I never woke up in sweat from Suboxone strips like I do when I take Zubsolv (I need to take another half in the evenings because they don't last as long) and it certainly is a sucky drug. I have state funded health insurance (it doesn't cover many name brands) either and use their coupon but it is still SO expensive! $211 after the coupon for one box, or $496 for both boxes. If you need 3 boxes, forget it! My Suboxone film is $12 cheaper per box with their own coupon. I gave Zubsolv more than a shot, I put up with it for several months!"

zubsolvSux (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2017